On the Beach

On the Beach has a consumer rating of 4.42 stars from 226 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. On the Beach also ranks 5th among Travel Search Engine sites.

• We had good service and would travel booking with on the beach again
  • Excellent service, nice and easy, everything was just as expected, already recommended to friends.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate On the Beach?

“This company is great!”

Saif L.
1/28/13

This company is great! I love the simple and clear website, just have no questions if i want to book a room in any hotel. I'm using this service everytime I plan going on vacation or business mission!

“BEWARE this is not a Holiday Package company”

Nicholas R.
1/24/20

BEWARE this is not a Holiday Package company, there is virtually no support if you have query. We got auto formulaic responses to emails and when we phoned we were always 16th in the queue. We became concerned, and lost confidence after a few weeks of this non-communication and cancelled the holiday. We were was charged whopping £425.00 for doing so.

good service (14) excellent service (9) staff members (5) great service (6) use website (3)
nicholasr389
January 24th, 2020
ac378
July 16th, 2020
No customer service whatsoever. Take cancellation fees even when the hotel is shut and Portugal is not on the UK Travel list. Ignore all messages. ABTA need to shut them down.
jamesb3356
July 6th, 2020
Beware, this company are thieves, they have stolen my money! They cancelled my holiday but did not refund me my full money I had paid, never will I use them again, I warn others to steer clear!
They are con artists and have been reported

Tip for consumers: Avoid, go to another company, they are blaming Ryanair for stealing my money, very unprofessional.
They have stopped replying to my emails as well

tammyh366
June 28th, 2020
Onthebeach are the worst company I have ever dealt with, the way they are just taking money out of peoples accounts without there permission is absolutely outrageous! How can you keep a package holiday that has either cancelled flights or hotel closure that they are obviously fully aware of, and yet are still able to access your account to either take payments for the holiday as though it's still going ahead or cancellation fees, without the customer knowing or agreeing! I have never known such shocking, unlawful and wrong actions made by a holiday company. There is no way of speaking or communicating with anyone regarding your queries about your holiday or payments taken out of your account so you pretty much become a victim of fraud and disploitation. They have no idea what is going on with anyones holidays, flights, or hotels just as long as they get the money from your account that is all that matters to them! Not even the bank can help anymore as these chargebacks are being disputed by onthebeach themselves and the money that the bank has retrieved from them for you is now being taken back out of peoples account via the bank due to a dispute on the claim! Again outrageous that they can do this! And we are not talking about small amounts of money either we are talking about thousands of pounds taken out of peoples accounts for holidays that cannot go ahead (due to cancelled flights or hotel closure) without the customers permission! Yet still NOT A WORD from onthebeach!
audreyh16
December 2nd, 2016
best holiday site ever
duanes111
February 21st, 2020
I would never again use on the beach as they dont have any care for their customers and sold me a holiday which was a pack of lies, I paid for transfers with them and had to pay again on on holiday, the hotel I booked with said it was 5 star on the on the beach website and was from it with ignorant staff broken items in hotel rooms and again expecting me to pay for items they listed were included. The flight was horrible with me being shouted at by cabin crew for eating a sandwich I bought in the airport and the whole experience was a disaster !!! I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy booking eith them as they have no compassion for its paying customers and were rude when approached about this making it out to be my fault leaving me feeling uncomfortable in the own comfort of my home with there reply. DONT BOOK WITH ON THE BEACH
mathewc73
May 31st, 2020
hotel is closed due to Corona virus so they are unable to provide the holiday we paid for but refused to cancel holiday and have cancelled hotel and are still making us pay for flight's they also cancelled our atol protection we took out when we got the holiday. I've tried calling the premium rate number several times and automated calls just talk for ages then cut the call off.

I have emailed several times to resolve this and my emails have been ignored if they don't refund my money I will be taking this to the small claims court.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

This company needs to shut down

UPDATE 31/05/2020
My bank has since refunded me and now they are disputing it to try and keep my money when they haven't provided me with any service vile company DO NOT USE THEM
lauras668
July 3rd, 2019
I strongly advise nobody book a holiday with this thieving, lying company! I have spent almost a week and about 5 hours on the phone trying to get a deposit back for a holiday that was never available in the first place (after being assured that it was) As soon as I paid my deposit they told me it was never available. They have told me lie after lie, and to add insult to injury have still not refunded me the full amount I have paid them!

I strongly advise everyone to NOT USE THIS COMPANY
sallyb140
June 12th, 2018
I have booked two holidays in the last week with on the beach The first one they rung the next day and cancelled as they advised the accommodation was not available (even though they where still advertising it and it was available with other providers but at a higher price) , the second I didn't even get the courtesy of a phone call just an email saying they have cancelled by booking - Why are they selling holidays that they don't have!!! I am left with one very disappointed family!!!
Stay away from this company as there customer service is shocking!!!! and are falsely advertising cheap holidays that are not available!

Tip for consumers: Don't Use them!

peterw24
January 21st, 2013
all went well i.e. pick up/drop off good, could not fault the staff or accommodation. Had a good holiday
dawnl144
August 23rd, 2018
My holiday at Fereniki hotel and spa booked with on the beach. These pictures say it all. I want my money back for that myself and 5 other families had to go through in this hotel from hell. No response from on the beach 're compensation as of yet. This was from 13th August to 20th August 2018
michellet133
August 3rd, 2017
DO NOT BOOK!!!!
Me and my soon to be wife booked a honeymoon through on the beach, we saw the right dates ect. BOOKED ref MYB6530587B and they gave us totally different dates, not the ones that was shown on the webite, after calling them they said we will refund hotel in seven days but you need to talk ryanair and they will give you a refund... called ryanair and they dont give refunds, we call back on the beach...and what we got is... yes we said you could get a refund from them but if they dont its not our problem... at this point my misses is shouting at me and the lady on the phone was like if she carrys on i will terminate the call.
THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!
saifl
January 28th, 2013
andreas119
January 13th, 2013
What can I say, good price and no problems from looking on the internet to booking my break - will defo be booking again.
adal78
March 8th, 2013
onthebeach is the easiest service which I had a deal with. It's very easy to find and book the hotel for planned vacation. Just super!
barryc4
October 8th, 2012
Always use on the beach really good. Staff were very supportive and excellent features throughout the vacation.
janep11
January 14th, 2013
Superb value for money, easy to book, fab communication. Very happy with this company and will book through again and always. FANTASTIC.
williamg25
January 12th, 2013
stevenl17
October 31st, 2012
All fine with onthebeach - booked before and will again as the prices are great value. All documentation made easy to print
victoriap4
January 12th, 2013
anthonyh32
January 14th, 2013
All arrangements were carried out in an excellent manner. The taxi driver was waiting on time at the airport and also collected us at the hotel very promptly. All very smoothly. Thank you.
chloes4
October 26th, 2012
Easy to use and found us a great place to stay, however I didn't realise you had two separate log-ons to print off boarding tickets for outbound and inbound, last minute check meant all was ok in the end.
margaretl8
October 10th, 2012
We have used On The Beach a few times now and have always been very pleased with their service. The whole thing runs smoothly from start to finish
mathewlees
January 14th, 2013
Good value. Great website. Good service.
edithannw
January 21st, 2013
Have used on the beach many times and have always found it easy to use, also any telephone queries were dealt with politely and effectively

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the On the Beach staff and other customers.

Book super cheap all inclusive holidays & hotels with deposits from just ?50pp! Save on low cost flights & accommodation in 1000's of destinations worldwide!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about On the Beach?

Have a question about On the Beach?