Review of Onecom

Tel: +44-33-00240000
care@onecom.co.uk

bobt285
1/25/19

I've been a Vodafone customer for 25 years and Onecom now handle the account. There has obviously been a change of management, as they now resort to using devious deception to make sales, and tell outright lies about getting things sorted. They have owed me £700 + for some time now, after lying to me repeatedly about my contract. They have avoided sending me the copy of the sales conversation which will clearly prove my case. They agreed to pay the refund, but guess what.....they never do. Avoid these people they cannot be trusted.

adamh245
1/2/19

Offered to buy me out my contract with EE and provide me with a new i-Phone XR - was repeatedly reassured that I wouldn't have to pay a thing and that the money to be used to buy me out of my existing contract would be in my account in plenty time before EE took my final bill of £470.

EE takes money, STILL no money from OneCon and I've incurred bank charges - to add insult to injury, OneCon don't fully make up the difference for my bill, so I end up paying over £100 of my own money to end my own contract PLUS the bank charges....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

AVOID THESE ABSOLUTE SCAMMERS - AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!

aimeel31
10/11/18

I can not stress to you enough not to get a phone contract with this company. I was approached by them through Vodafone when I was with them and I got a free 10 pound contract which I was told I could leave at any point. When trying to leave I was told I would have to pay an exit fee and so had to upgrade my main Vodafone contract with them as it over lapped. They agreed I would have insurance when I signed up for the contract... 9 months later when my phone screen cracked and I tried to claim they had 'forgot to sort it out leaving me with an expensive bill to pay for my screen! I am now struggling to insure my phone due to the time since I opened the contract. All I get is a sorry and that it!No support, compensation nothing! The customer agents argue with you and even the complaints manager doenst respond to your calls. I have also been charged over 100 pound for a curtosy phone as it had no protection on it and the screen cracked.. They had no insurance on that either! It's a shambles back street phone company who break contracts and the customer suffers because of it. I can't wait to leave them when my contract is up. Can't stress enough the trouble I have had and the lack of customer regard.

brianj105
4/28/17

I made the mistake of listening to sales speak rather than sticking with the reviews. Really big mistake. True telecom are not cheaper or better than BT, by a long way. My monthly bills are way higher than they were with BT. The final straw which led to this rant is that they want to charge me £125 plus VAT to rectify a fault which I know is external to my property but because they say the line is ok up to the house then I have to pay. Of course I only have their word for it that the line is showing a pass. Steer clear of them big time. I know it's external because the problem has occurred several times before.

valr22
3/2/17

Really wish I could give NO stars! We were customers of Truetelecom, but when our contract was coming to an end in December 2017, we were told that they were about to cease trading and couldn't continue to supply us - so we switched to TalkTalk. However, we kept getting invoices form Onecom and no matter how many times we phoned and wrote to explain and dispute the alleged debt, the invoices and reminders kept coming and then the threatening phone calls started.
Finally, yesterday, after a year of persistent threats and time wasting, we have received an ''invoice'' (bearing a totally incorrect postal address), which is actually a credit note for the alleged debt. The covering e-mail contains no apology or explanation and is totally inappropriate in that it refers to the attachment as if it is, indeed, a monthly invoice due for payment.
Terrible company - and the Trustpilot rating is just further indication that this is NOT an independent site and reviews are selectively vetted to give a biased assessment of the companies which support and finance Trustpilot.

Response from Stephen W., Onecom Representative
Hi Val, thank you for taking the time to write a review about True Telecom. We are glad to hear that Kelly was able to assist you with your queries and that everything is up and running now. We have a commitment to all of our customers and strive to deliver a great service to everyone, so we are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your service. If you have any questions or queries in future, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Many thanks.
maddyk
2/15/17

We didn't have Wifi for 3 weeks, but they said there would be no disruption in the line! Every time we called them up to find out when the internet would be turned on they told us a date in the future and wouldn't stick to it: It started with 3 days and ended with 3 weeks! The service crashes a lot and although we have unlimited internet we keep getting randomly charged? 88 pounds taken from my account , then 30 and when you ask them why they avoid the question! It is a complete scam , please do not fall for it, honestly they are horrible people. I've lost so much moeny because of them.

Response from Stephen W., Onecom Representative
Hi Maddy, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, we are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your service and take these accusations very seriously. We would like to investigate this matter immediately and request that you email your account details and any other information to feedback@truetelecom.com, for us to look into further. Many thanks.
kirstyb7
2/6/17

Our company received a call from True Telecom despite being on the telephone preference service. We agreed to change provider and move to them based on an early termination fee from our existing provider being covered by them and that our package would be cheaper for the "exact same service." These promises were not kept and only when we took the matter to their CEO did some form of resolution get proposed (inadequate at that). This company is unprofessional and very difficult to do business with including being hard to communicate with (you get ignored even sadly at a senior level), There is an open Ofcom investigation into their practice too.

Response from Stephen W., Onecom Representative
Hi Kirsty, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, we are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with our service and we would like to investigate this matter further to find a solution. If you could email your account details to feedback@truetelecom.com then we can look into this matter, many thanks.
ravip11
1/19/17

Over the past 6 months we have seen our bills more than double with this provider. We have been with them for over 2 years and while the initial service was good it seems to have gone downhill with very poor customer services. They have inflated the prices of calls to 0844 numbers to over a £1 a minute and round up the call duration to the nearest minute to maximise their charge. I have contacted them several times about this in the last 4 months with no resolution and no reduction or refund of call costs. They simply say that they will "pass it on to the billing manager" and then we hear nothing back. Complete shambles of an operation. Avoid at all costs.

Response from Stephen W., Onecom Representative
Hi Ravi, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your bills and we would like to investigate this matter further. If you could email your account details and any other information to feedback@trutelecom.com, then we can look into this matter further. Many thanks.
juliat29
1/9/17

Just been cold-called by True Telecom. Husband luckily deferred the judgment to me. They called and said they can give me a 'better deal than BT' I'm always sceptical of people saying that. I asked, how can you do that? I live 8km from an exchange, only BT can provide me with anything of a BB package. The only ones to give me better are satellite providers. To which he replied 'oh yeah well maybe that's the best for you but, we're cheaper.' I told him that I was happy to pay BT prices so why would I change and said I'd review their website before making a decision. (no details have been exchanged yet) On reviewing google I see they try and hijack your line. So I phoned BT and told them on no account to let my line go to them or anyone unless I phone them to confirm. They have placed the block so all good I hope.

scottm184
12/20/16

After agreeing to move from BT in 2014 we had nothing but problems with True Telecom. Lines and billing was messed up and support was useless. True Telecom said they could get us out of our BT contract but we ended up with a bill over £15000 to leave, and had to move back to BT. At no time during the move did True Telecom help.
Now 2 years after leaving True Telecom they suddenly invoice us for a mysterious £14.95 from 2014, and also want to charge us a late payment fee!
Avoid this company

iand36
12/16/16

Been sucked in like everyone else going from £70 a month to £130 a month without broadband Christmas cancelled thankyou true telecom

juicet
12/16/16

Cheated my wife in to signing up for them. Have cancelled after two years - and they're still charging us after two months since we switched back to BT. They are telling Bt we've switched back (slamming)
I'd like to meet one of these c@@** and give them a good slap.

maryj241
12/9/16

Just had a very intimidating conversation with Darren at true telecom, when I phoned to cancel. Will be contacting my bank.

mikes477
12/8/16

No sooner had I been enticed away with too good to be "true" deals when tey got my tariff wrong and said the correct tariff would then be more expensive, locked me in for 3 years when I agreed to 1, were incredibly rude on the phone when I asked for an email confirming they would pay ALL fees for me leaving BT early, which they failed to do I left and they pestered to the point of making me ill. LEAVE WELL ALONE!! They are NOT what they seem. "TRUE" is a joke. Don't suffer at their hands like I did, PLEASE!!!!

markb326
11/23/16

What can I see, breached contract the first month and now trying to charge me for leaving even though they breached the contract. Absolute joke

jd190
11/1/16

Attention all customers and prospective clients!

If you aren't yet aware, True Telecom are being investigated by OFCOM for their malpractices and breaches of regulations dating back to October 2015 to present.

Please see the below links and comments, which are certainly enlightening;

If you are existing customers, complain to OFCOM and the communications Ombudsman about your experiences. We all need to club together to get these cowboys shut down for good!

Tip for consumers: A simple google search of 'True Telecom Ofcom' should prove to be incredibly helpful to both existing and prospective customers alike.

brianf97
10/29/16

Seems to be a common theme here.

Everyone says bills are three times more expensive.

im not making more calls than I was before I joined so can only assume they are fiddling the bills!

Been with true telecom a while now, never complained but have just seen after a quick google they are under investigation by ofcom.

Buyer beware

tessaw2
10/25/16

Thanks to the reviews on this site I have just avoided this scam.
Well done everyone for writing reviews on this company.
AVOID THIS DISHONEST COMPANY.

coling19
10/20/16

SCAMMERS AVOID. After a cold call promising calls cheaper than BT I thought I'd consider True Telecom. Cancelled before contract began but they pirated my line from a BT anyway. Lost Internet and then phone line as refused to pay. TT Ignored correspondence, they ramped up the bills and threatened me with Debt Collectors. Had to go to Ombudsman to stop them. These people are criminals tell them where to go!

johnw557
10/19/16

I worked for this company for little over a year on the sales floor and is a terribly run company.

They focus only on the sales floor with the ratio between operations agents and sales floor agents is about 5 to 1,
They provide a skeleton service only interested in the initial sign up then your screwed they don't have enough people in operations to provide you with the service they say they will.
If you have any issues from this company and would like some advice or understanding of there processes don't hesitate to contact me at wilsonjohn123321@gmail.com and will do my up-most to help with your queries.

jeans67
10/18/16

They said they were taking over from BT in this area - I would have seen the Openreach vans - and I had - so I believed them - all change at BT! The first I knew it was called True telecom was when the paperwork arrived.Then I had a letter from BT 'so sorry you're leaving us' . and spent a morning on the phone cancelling and reinstating! What a NERVE!
Jean Stewart, Highlands

davidt213
10/16/16

If true telecom are so good why have you not complied with the ombudsmans order to answer the questions you had to answer for me you were given 2 weeks to reply then another 2 weeks then the ombudsman told me to phone up which I did,you told me twice the lady I was supposed to talk to was out of the office . You also told the ombudsman she was out of the office. I was told on the phone by some chap he was sure it was on the way that has gone on for six weeks now.so answer my questions, as I am not going away. yet another customer you tried to con. first you steal my phone line, then threaten me with massive costs, next you cut my phone line for 8 days,and when you admit to stealing my phone line try to make out you are doing me a favour my not making me pay you,the first thing your operator said was we do not pay compensation,you will note I never asked for compensation through the ombudsman only answers to my questions .

davem184
10/15/16

True telecom is a complete scam to find out more about what u might be getting yourself into visit truetelecomscam.tumblr have further details on how the company operates to scam YOU out of your hard earned cash!!!

rachels109
10/13/16

there is too much to tell . but they do not honour contracts and do not answer emails, They are now threatening court proceedings as a scare tactic
AVOID AT ALL COSTS

cathyh54
10/1/16

They are the worst company I have ever encountered, received a call in December from a very pushy salesperson and was told that I was out of contract with EE and they can vastly reduce our bill, I said several times that I was not out of contract to which they promised me that I was, I said ok as long as I am out of contract, I then get a call from EE in April telling me that I had been paying two bills since December, they refunded me their payments and I tried to get hold of tru telecom via phone and email to cancel as they had blatantly lied, when they replied via email asking why they then never answered any further emails, I lost internet in July due to them refusing to give me my phone line back and when I finally got though to a person they were vile and rude and told me to pay £300 to get out of the contract, it is now October and I still have no internet, I cancelled my DD only for them to reinstate it without my permission, have now been left with no choice but to stay with them until my contract ends, I have contacted ombudsman and will fight this to leave.

There is no mention of the 3 year contract when the salesman cold calls you.

By Frances B.

France's all they do is call your current supplier and pretend to be you and try to get the fee waiverd if this dosnt work there's nothing in the contract that holds them liable and you have already agreed to a contract with them they have no concerned over continue custom they will sting you once and make there money

By Dave M.

If you can't through on the phone send them an email - what they do with it is their problem but it will be proof you cancelled in time. And if later than the cooling off period, you were mis-sold anywayso have a right to cancel. Then cancel the DD and go back to your old supplier. Good luck

By L F.

They are very carefull with the way they word things for instance "we will endevor to waiver your ETF" so what there saying is they will try, And this was done by there legal team (consists of 2 people with no legal experance calling BT and pretending to be the customer saying because BT have up there prices your legally allowed to leave the contract free of charge, with BT just saying the charge is valid, and now they dont have a legal team atm so there not to concerned about customer happyness its a fly by company

By john w.

Ignore them. You cancelled the contract because it was mis-sold. You have cancelled the DD, just make sure it is not re-instated by them. Given the reviews I have just read I doubt they will take it down the legal route. You can always try threatening to sue for harrassment but, personally, I would just ignore them. Don't delete emails though - they are evidence should you need it.

By L F.

Questions? Get answers from the Onecom staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Onecom