Review of OLDIES.com

Tel: 1-800-336-4627
webmaster@oldies.com

sandyr54
2/20/19

Ordered a CD because it was massively cheaper than Amazon. Paid by PayPal. Since then 8 days and no dispatch note, no acknowledgement, nada. Sent them an email asking politely what's up. Normally you expect an automated answer saying they got the message. Nope. I'm seriously beginning to think this will be a bad experience...

leeannd5
1/18/19

I Received my two dvds but they Deliberately destroyed the back where the bar code is that I collect DVDs and do not like this I won't buy from them again

davej131
12/16/18

This place is a train wreck. They lie about telling you that it shipped, then you finally get an email that tells you it shipped days later that it actually did. Never again will I deal with this $#*! pit again.

miked545
11/10/18

I should have learned from my initial experience with this company!

After trying them about a year ago with no success for a listed "in stock" item (and rude customer service), I foolishly tried a second time a week ago. Yet again, I ordered an "in stock" item, and after no shipping for a 5 days I finally get an email cancelling my order as "out of stock"!

No need for 3 strikes here...I am done with this company!

tinal174
8/13/18

I ordered a tote bag as a gift. Oldies charged me and said my order was processed. I emailed two weeks later, no response. I called to demand what was going on. That was when they told me the item was not available. They did not seem concerned they took my money for something they did not deliver. They said it was because I used PayPal. They hung up on me twice before getting to the point where they would agree to refund my money. These people are thieves.

matts327
8/6/18

Ordered 9 LP's. Recoeved 2 LP's that were playable and 7 that were warped beyond playability. Called Oldies customer service and spoke to a rep that assured me they would hand pick the best copies of the 7 unplayable records and send those to me and they should be there within a week. I hung up the phone satisfied with this solution. No records ever arrived. I called a second time and this time spoke to Bernie who runs this particular dept. Bernie again told me that they would hand pick out the best copies of the 7 cereal bowl shaped records that they sent me. Again I waited and received nothing. I call a 3rd time only to be told I need to wait and call back when Bernie is there. At this point I have no comfidence in Oldies.com and am convinced that they are just not interested in helping me at all. If you want damaged and unplayable albums and like being lied to then oldies is the place for you.

daniela446
3/29/18

The main job of Oldies.com customer service staff is to stall you until your order finally arrives which takes longer than ordering from mainland communist China in the 1970's. Your stuff, (if they even have it in stock) is actually located in Sweden, not Pennsylvania which you won't realize until your tracking number gets scanned by a guy riding a busted down Volvo towed by a reindeer with an inner ear infection. Seriously, these guys are only in business because of the sheer size of their operation, not for their treatment of what should be valued customers. I thought I was alone until I read the dozens of horror stories submitted by irate people who just want to buy online like 1000's of other merchants. Oldies.com gives online ordering a bad name and treat you like you are about to be made into a lampshade.

christopherl76
2/6/18

I hate having to write such a brutal review, because I truly want to love Oldies.com-- but there are just too many serious problems with this website and with the operation of the business overall. I am a serious music and movie lover-- and at first glance, this business seems virtually tailored to people like me. There is a huge selection (in theory, that is!!) of great items on the website. However, and this is crucial to know, for people preparing to order here-- the stock shown on the website is, in my experience, often extremely unreliable. Just because a particular item is shown as being in stock when you place your order, that is NO guarantee, at all, that you will actually GET that item.

Also, the processing and shipping time for orders is much slower than what I have encountered from most other websites. Right now, an order that I placed, over four days ago, is still in processing, and no one in customer service is able to tell me when it may or may not ship, or if I will even actually get all of the items in the order! When I placed the order, via Paypal (meaning, the money for the entire order went out of my account upfront, as soon as I placed it), one of the CDs was shown on the website as still having 4 in stock. Now, apparently, there are none in stock-- and my order is still processing, and no one at Oldies.com can tell me whether or not my order will actually contain this CD when it finally ships and arrives at my apartment! Seriously, consider that: I paid for this order, upfront, and I literally don't even know what I will, or will not, get until I open the package, whenever it finally arrives! This is simply not acceptable for an online business in 2018.

Last but not least, other Oldies.com customers, apparently, have had good packing for their orders, but that has almost never been the case for me. Since 2015, I have placed many orders here-- each time, giving the site yet "one more try!"-- and too often, the packages have arrived packed carelessly with one or more damaged CDs. If Oldies.com does not improve, in many ways, and quickly, I will, very soon, be a former customer.

chriss804
12/18/17

Does not know customer service! Does not understand pre order definition! Does not know the definition of new! Buyer Beware!

shabnams3
11/14/17

Order some clothes. Did not like once I tried. Refunded at store with no issues. That's called service.

richardg219
8/20/17

Watch out for this company! They are ripping you off! My brother has placed numerous orders with them. They bill you for all the items you place, but do not always ship everything. Yet they don't credit you credit card for the items you did not get but were billed for! That is fraud! Won't do any more business with them!

baronr1
7/17/17

Have not received my last two orders, both of which were placed weeks ago. Will not place another order with this incompetent company.

sarahm275
12/22/16

Do NOT waste your $$ - cute stuff, but then AFTER ordering it, they do NOT send to you! I would imagine the BBB has a LOT of complaints, but I will be adding one to the list! The customer service is RUDE and I am surprised this company is still in business!

markl165
1/20/16

Let me begin by saying that if you place an order with Oldies.com, and it is in stock, gets delivered to your home, and is in good shape - then they can be a decent company to to do business with. However, if you have any problems AT ALL with your order, give up. I placed about a half dozen orders that were problem free, and other than it taking a loooong time to receive your orders, they were fine to do business with. But the last order I placed had a damaged record. I contacted their very unfriendly customer service department who told me to ship it back, which I did. And then there was silence for weeks. A few emails later, and they admitted they received my return but they are really swamped.It is now 9 days later and they have yet to refund me. Emails, phone calls....nothing seems to help. I would avoid doing business with Oldies.com. There are too many other reliable sites selling the same items that they offer.

nicoles107
1/1/16

I am severely displeased with the service I have received from Oldies.com!

I placed an order for a blanket on the 17th of December. Having received an emailed receipt, I believed the transaction was complete. I had paid the 33.06 and my bank account was evened out. So I began the wait for the blanket to arrive.

However, two days later, I received an email stating that there was a problem with my order. I checked my bank, the 33.06 had been returned to my account. I cancelled the initial order and decided to try again. I did so, but this time the money wasn't taken out for THREE WHOLE DAYS. I called and talked to a very rude representative who told me that the money would be taken out. I checked my bank and sure enough, 33.06 was taken out of my account for the blanket. I thought that would be the end of it.

Sadly, on the 30th of December nearly TWO WEEKS after the first initial attempt at ordering, another 33.06 was taken from my account! I called to inquire about this problem and got yet another very rude, very disrespectful representative who told me that it wasn't his problem. I told him to transfer me to someone who could help, so he transferred me to the accounting department. They didn't answer, instead I got a voicemail box. I left a message and never received a call back. I understand that it's the holidays, but December 30th is generally a working day. It was very early in the day, I should have at least gotten a call back.

I will NEVER order from this website ever again. The service is terrible. Money will be taken and given back at random, and even more money will be taken for no particular reason. Want something cool and retro? Go find it somewhere else. ANYWHERE else will at least treat you with some sort of decency and respect. Not to mention, they won't screw around with your bank account.

madisenner
12/29/15

After two weeks of waiting for my order, I called oldies.com customer service and was told the product was out of stock. The representative did not apologize and said they would not give me a refund since I used PayPal. Very horrible service, no help whatsoever. Do NOT use this site.

chelseal10
12/14/15

I placed an order November 22nd, 2015, a month before Christmas, for a $90 book called The BMW Book which their website claimed was in stock and available with 4-12 day shipping.

Around the first week of December, I realized my order was still processing. I sent customer service an email. A few days later I received a response saying that they were forwarding my concerns to a supervisor. This supervisor never got back to me, so I sent another follow-up email. This went unanswered.

On a Sunday I called customer service and talked with a Jenn. She was nice but no help since "The warehouse is closed on weekends" and she couldn't check. Empower your service reps. This is obviously an organizational issue. I like to think I am actually pleasant on the phone. I do not yell, or speak sternly, or make demands, just, no one was willing to help me.

I called back the next day and talked with Bernie. He was also very well meaning and apologetic, but no one was offering any real answers. He said he had to check with a supervisor about my order and he would call me back. When he did call me back, he was very apologetic but still had no answers for me other than to call back tomorrow and talk with a supervisor in the morning.

A few hours later, realizing I now have SEVEN days to get a present instead of a month and a half, I called back requesting a refund from Todd who told me the item was indeed out of stock. DON'T PUT SOMETHING FOR SALE ON YOUR SITE IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT. Or at least contact me Nov. 24th to tell me this. Upon requesting a refund, I was informed that he could not do PayPal refunds and I would have to call back the next day to talk with Dennis, the ultimate supervisor who can handle paypal returns. He seemed unmoved like this was common practice.

I am upset. They offered nothing in addition to keep me as a customer, and their apologies were dry. A month ago a few other places had this book in stock, now nobody does and I'm stuck without a Christmas gift for this guy I really wanted to charm.

This company lacks organizational structure, refuses to empower their customer service reps to actually help, and practices shady business practices (listing items as in stock, when they are actually not).

Avoid like the plague. They still have my money. Thankfully paypal should be able to back me.

Tip for consumers: If you have to order from this site, call them and make absolute certain the item is actually in stock.

johnc374
9/14/15

Resist the urge to purchase rare items through this company. The price is right, they offer free shipping, give you a projected arrival time, and then...call customer service and get hung up on, discover that "in stock" does not mean currently available. I ordered an item on Sep 5, on Sep 14, told it will probably be another week. Cancelled the order.

sg46
2/28/15

My order was cancelled without any notification. Customer service ARGUES with you. It's not right/

nephif
8/11/14

I placed an order with Oldies.com on 7/21/14 and did not receive it until 8/7/14 (18 days later), and that was after placing multiple calls to the company to find out what was taking so long. Each time I called I got a different story. I eventually ended up speaking with an utterly useless supervisor named Tim on 8/1/14. He basically told me there was nothing he could do about it, and if I wasn't happy I could call back another time and talk to someone else. (What was he even there for?) I told him I was going to leave a bad review for the company and he basically told me "do what you have to do." He couldn't care less whether or not I was a satisfied customer and did nothing to resolve the problem. He told me someone would call me back, but nobody ever did. Also, when I first placed the order I was overcharged on the shipping and had to deal with that. They did adjust the shipping charge, but it was a pain having to call about it. Incompetent/indifferent customer service reps, being overcharged + slow shipping time = a terrible experience and I will not order from this company ever again.

Update: Dennis, the head of customer service at Oldies.com, called me the day after this bad review was posted and apologized. I reiterated my complaints to him about the slow shipping time and poor treatment by customer service reps there and he said he was sorry for the experience I had and gave me the number of another rep there who he said would handle things for me in the future. However, there won't be a future with Oldies.com. It took a bad review appearing online for them to bother reaching out to me and Dennis offered me nothing for my troubles or as an incentive to shop there again. Words are meaningless without something to back them up, and "sorry" will only get you so far.

markm104
10/26/13

I placed four or five online orders with Oldies.com over the past year, but I won't do it ever again. My last order was screwed up, with an extra copy of one item I had requested, and missing another item I had wanted. When I called customer service to straighten out the problem, I was on hold for a while, and then the guy I finally did get to talk to had to keep putting me on hold and asking me the same questions over and over again in order to try to understand what was wrong with the order. Eventually, he assured me that the item missing from the order would be replaced. That was weeks ago, and guess what? The lost item has never been replaced, and now they've lost a customer, too.

lauriep4
7/1/13

This is the WORST customer service I've ever experienced. I talked to numerous people who had no idea what was going on with my order, or why I was receiving calls from them. I had to ARGUE with one of the customer service reps to put a manager on the phone. I placed an order on 11/23 and for weeks it sat there, and then MAGICALLY once I started complaining,my card gets charged and my item shipped. I spoke with a manager who said The office manager, Dennis, could cancel my order, but that clearly wasn't done as I came home to a shipping notification today (which now says I may get this item - which is a Christmas present - after the holiday!). This is the worst company I've ever dealt with. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

jeffc40
6/17/13

I loved the concept of this site and their apparent selection. But after I ordered 3 products and waited 3 weeks and 2 phone calls later, they still hadn't filled my order. I cancelled and bought from Amazon. If they would improve their service, I would buy from them. I was even careful to only order items that said "ships in 1-3 days". Well, 15 days later, still no shipment. Order cancelled. :o(

miker70
3/14/13

Stay away. Non existent customer service. Call and you get put on hold. Emails go unanswered. Been waiting a week for them to ship my order.

chrisk17
1/16/12

Well I am a little surprised to find so many negative reviews, I personally love this site,they has so many DVD's, CD's, and yes even records, it can get time consuming to go though it all, delivery time for me was fast, and efficient, my only problem with them is sometimes customer service is hit or miss if there is a problem with your order, but overall there shear selection keeps me coming back for more.

You should be....i've been ordering with them several times and rarely do they get an order correct

By David K.

I had a similar problem and had to call them (since they don't call back or at least e-mail you when there's going to be a delay), only to find out they were at fault for charging me shipping when my original order was well over $75 (then minus my huge credit) therefore nothing was wrong!

By David K.
Questions? Get answers from the OLDIES.com staff and other customers.

1 Photo for OLDIES.com