Review of OfferUp

1425 Broadway
Bellevue, WA 98122, US

raniae1
3/17/19

Bought a car on Offer Up from a Man in my town. He gave me a title, I had the car towed to my home. When I went to resell the car the Man had given me a photo copy of a title.
There is no compensation for my loss. Reported to Police and didn't get any help. I provided an address of the Home I met the man at and had the car towed, Still no help to get this thief. Shame On Offer Up. Reported this Man to Offer Up and he's still selling!!

richardo146
3/15/19

They took my money away and never pay me there are take and I ship out my stuff and I never ever got a penny in my bank they kept all my money

whyw1
3/4/19

Yes, my account got hacked. A fake post appeared about a 2008 Nissan. In another state. When I edited the post and wrote, "scam, I didnt post this" and changed the price to zero, all my items got marked as sold... i deactivated my account.

mikel14
3/2/19

Been using Craigslist for a decade and have had virtually no problems. It's not like I live in Gary Indiana or anything, so why would I. Everything has been pretty smooth. My first experience with OfferUp was a local scammer. I was new, but hardly dumb about this subject. I have busted numerous scammers in my 36 years working with the Gov't, but this site took me by surprise. The seller was local, had a 5 star rating, was verified several times over, had previous sells, etc. Yet, he was a scammer and I had no idea how easy it was to beat this poorly designed system. ANYBODY can get the Stars and badges he had. I ended dealing with a detective who was dealing with this guy, got a warrant and locked the guys account and got ALL the info of his dealings and people involved and eventually found out who the guy really is. What a fiasco. My advice? Be aware that ANYONE can appear to be a legitimate and highly rated person on this website when in fact they may not be. If you are suspicious of places like Craigslist, multiply that by 3 for OfferUP. The number of scams I have seen since far outnumber any other website I have used before. Just my opinions, but be very careful there

ronb340
2/24/19

Buy elsewhere or you will be sorry. There are too many similar sites that are actually reputable. These people have no idea what honesty is.

sams591
2/21/19

Offer has robbed me from not paying me $101.36 since January 8th. I shipped my item to the buyer, and was delivered. I have sent emails after emails to offer up no funds. They got paid 7.9 % their fees, and I got nothing. The buyer got my item. I want to seek legal action? Any advice? I would not recommend anyone to use offer up. They are scammers and thieves. Let's all get together, and report offer yo to the media. Let's take their business out so that they don't steal people's funds. I am 100% down for it.

elizabethb447
2/20/19

Sold an item and buyer paid me via the app and I delivered it in person.. But some how the funds just evaporated!!!! Now they are not responding to my emails.
There is no record of the payment being processed. It was 130 payments

mikee189
2/14/19

PLEASE CALL GARY WITH "3 ON YOUR SIDE" IN PHOENIX ARIZONA , if enough of us call "Gary" we can get this story put on the news and protect other people from getting ripped off by offer-up. FOLKS I NEED YOUR HELP - LETS FIGHT BACK TOGETHER AND SHOW OFFER-UP " We ARE NOT POWERLESS CONSUMERS!!!!" If you have been wronged by offer-up like I have please I implore you to CALL YOUR LOCAL NEWS CHANNEL AND TELL THEM, "You have a NATIONAL STORY of a major app ripping people off in mass numbers." Folks what offer-up is doing IS SCARY!!!!! if they are allowed to get away with this other apps will start to rip us off too WE MUST FIGHT BACK!!!!

TO OFFER-UP THIS IS "MIKE EASTON." HELLO REMEMBER ME???

genevievel17
2/13/19

They should allow for general information to be viewed in your profile. Like a summary as other websites have one. You could never contact anyone to actually help you if you are having problems with posting. It's not worth paying to promote things. A lot of people repeat posts and they don't get taken down. I posted an ad for something and it was taken down saying it didn't meet guidelines! They're full of it.

The people are super bad. They always want stuff for free just to turn around and resell it. That's why I dislike resellers! I'm already asking for a fair price and they expect me to meet them somewhere random. They're crazy. And then the stupid people never read your whole description and ask questions already on the darn description. Yet, all you can do is block them. There's no violations or anything for stupid people wasting one's time.

omarn15
2/11/19

offerup is a platform for scammers, it's a scammers heaven, the buyer protection is lie, i bought a iPhone through offerup, the guy sends me an empty iPhone box, i placed a claim using the "buyers protection" that the seller sent me an iPhone box without the iPhone, they said the "tracking number shows that item has been delivered", denied the claim, they told me to go file missing items with USPS. how can that be, seller can just scam people like that and you're not protected, because they will use the excuse of "but the tracking number shows its been delivered". my advice to people don't buy anything on offerup, because you are not protected against scammers. they dont even take down posts that ask buyers to pay through apps such as cash app, in which unsuspected buyers can't get their money back. be careful people.

jrkcc
2/7/19

Dear OfferUp Team,
This is to verify my transaction number 1495914. My buyer have cancelled his order even right after OfferUp confirmed and I notified him that his item has been shipped out.
The package is its way to his address and seems like not only i wont get paid but also im loosing the phone i sold for $150.
OfferUp has not contact support number nor email.
If anyone can help me to retrieve the payment or at least redirect the package back to me. Really appreciate it.

rachelh238
2/4/19

I put 3 chairs on offer up and got scammed out of 1650.00 the person email attached to this scam was johnsonmike55351@gmail and the venmo name i sent money to was Mickey Shipler

DON'T let people scam you. If someone sends a cashiers check wait at least one week to make sure it clears...........you can't get your money back

lindap544
2/4/19

love the app but buyers say they want to buy your product, you say ok but don't hear from them again OR they ask you to hold it a few days and you don't hear from them.

aaronj34
1/29/19

Offerup's Buyer Protection more like buyer beware. This company ghosts you when your scammed, filing a report, and/or a claim for the so called "Buyer Protection". Big like Ebay or Amazon!!!! LMAO. They don't even have any customer service number and neglets its customers. Site looks like a bunch overpriced junk for sale and a sece pool for the lowest of LOWBALLERS. All I gotta say is that "I gotta go to the bathroom and give birth to an Offerup.com CEO!!!" Ebay or amazon does particpate in illegal, immorral, and unethic business practices like this company. This experience has reassured me that big corporations are king even if they cost a little more.

adams541
1/26/19

My wife sold our Nintendo Switch and 2x games to a guy in Florida.
He claimed it did not work. Funny it worked fine the day I put it into the box and shipped it to him.
Then he was supposed to ship the Nintendo switch and 2x games back to us. Instead he shipped us empty game cases and the Nintendo switch box with a bottle of tea and a bottle of water inside it.
He kept our items.
I called local police as well as Miami police.
Offerup has DONE NOTHING.....

DO NOT US OFFERUP... .... NOTHING BUT LIARS AND SCAMMERS ON THERE..

I'M NOW OUT OVER $400 ....

eliv15
1/23/19

Don't deal with offerup they r corrupt!
I had bad experience with them when I was placing ads of me selling mattress n Wood Products. The staff went back n re-edit all my ads so I'm putting them on blast to kill their business. They don't deserve to be in business when they pull that $#*! with customers that support them. I hope people will read this ad I'm sure others went through same bad experience I had. Put on them on blast n spread bad reviews like wild fire to kill their business.

tylerh164
1/18/19

In short, they witheld money from an item I sold. Upon contacting them via email I was given no explaination, no solution, just copy pasted answers with zero follow up. I've sent in total 12 emails, they've responded twice.

nikkih57
1/17/19

I cannot get ANYONE at OfferUp to respond or resolve my issue. I shipped an item that they buyer received on 12/26/18. He sent me a message through OfferUp stating that he received it and USPS tracking clearly indicates the same. OfferUp completely cancels the transaction and the pending money is gone. I have been sending message after message to them to get my money this is rightfully owed to me and they do not respond. I have received automated responses here and there, but nothing from a real person. I really wish that there was somewhere to go about this because if they have taken my money, I can only imagine how many other peoples they have taken.

tw363
1/16/19

I put in several offers on items after learning the site existed. 3 sellers never even bothered to respond to the offer, good or bad. 1 seller accepted my offer on an item not commonly found. My card was charged. After 2 days OfferUp sent seller a reminder to ship my item. A few days later the seller provided a tracking number which apparently, according to USPS, was generated the day he accepted my offer. After a week of me checking USPS with the package not being shipped, I sent the seller a message. His response was that he asked someone else to ship but she flaked and that he'd ship it out first thing. Tonight I get a message from OfferUp, not the seller, that the purchase was canceled and they would be refunding my money because of an issue with the item. The seller never contacted me to tell me what the issue was. The site did not allow me to provide seller feedback because the sale was canceled. Shortly after getting the message from OfferUp, the item was relisted. After getting the cancellation message, I searched reviews of the site. If I had seen any of them, I would not have joined the site. Do yourself a favor and search for reviews before buying or selling on OfferUp. Stick to platforms with a proven track record of having quality buyers and sellers. It seems to attract a host of scammers and criminals. I'm sure there are good buyers and sellers on the site but they are not easy to find amongst those that are after a quick buck at your expense or safety.

felixs43
1/13/19

OfferUp - Buy. Sell. Offer Up
Your rating:

can you mark this as 0 stars? im a seller on this pathetic app and I have been emailing/tweeting their "customer service" for 9 days bec they charged a customer for shipping but never emailed me a shipping label as per their policy. this happened twice a few days apart. they have no phone number to call. 9 days and no response. i am still waiting as of this review. their name says it all. they OFFERUP no help. i should have known.

kevinj227
1/12/19

I have been using OfferUp for sometime, I have great reviews. I'm unable to use my account, WHY? I have reached out to OfferUp support A LOT and have gotten ZERO SUPPORT, Offerup support has totally IGNORED me and I can't get an answer as to why I can't use my account. They send me a please rate our support, but can't answer my questions as to why I'm not able to use my account.

I have lost the chance to make some good money selling my items in December and have also lost the chance to purchase several items that I really wanted.

I have been a walking billboard for Offerup, but now all I can say about them is they are now a non supportive app.

jenniferk326
1/9/19

I will admit I didn't read the rules and regulations but I have some tactical and novelty knives I wanted to sell and looked them up on OfferUp and saw SEVERAL of them and they were from over 4 months ago so saw no problem with it. Well I kept posting the knives and I was getting notifications that it was taken down . I thought , ok maybe bc of the size of the blade or something so I kept posting but left out size . They took them ALL down and suspended my account bc I had too many violations?!? If they were all at one time then how was I suppose to not do it again if I didn't have time between violations ??? I emailed and told them how I saw MANNNY and they said they don't catch them all? Really? You caught mine in 10min but there are ones up there from 4 months ago AND they allow ads that send you to other companies to sell knives bc they are probably sponsors and THATS ok and noticed all the ones up there are posted by men so I called them sexist and on a rant to let as many people know what pieces of $#*! they are and don't waste your time

shaneb54
1/8/19

I have been using offer up off an on for years, it is great if you are doing cash transactions only. I recently tried to ship an item on Dec. 19th, the item arrived on the 21st, the buyer had no problems and accepted the product. It has been nearly a month and OfferUp will not release my money. I have contacted them several times and IF they respond it is the same canned response, "We will look into it.". The moment the money hit the OfferUp account they took their share but when it comes to giving you your money they will not release it. Here is a link to the list of complaints against OfferUp from the BBB. I have already contacted law officials in my area...which happens to be near their head quarters.

aj155
1/7/19

Offer up is a total scam! Do not use this app! Scam artists regurgitating the same BS! Who uses a company to pick up their stuff and not even look at the stuff first if they like it total scam artist!

chasel10
1/7/19

OfferUp is by far the worst app I have ever tried to use. What a pile of crap. Everything today is about accessibility, and OfferUp search and filter capabilities are so lame and deficient. Just an absolute waste of time. This app is for the lazy new generations who think anything they can take a picture of with their phone is worth listing. Most of the them can't even put more than 2 words in their description. Then the listings are left for years because the users are too lazy to mark them as sold or delete them once their crap finds the trash bin it was destined for in the first place. These new generations are destroying the integrity of everything other than video games and cosplay. God help us all.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Offerup is closing accounts of anybody who complains. I had over 300 5 star ratings. Nothing less then 5 star 300 times. Some buyer threatened me and Came to my house so I made police report. Offerup immediately closed my account. Guess what,the buyer had 2 1/2 star rating with 3 sales. He's still on there prob threatening other people. This is the shadiest of all the apps. Letgo is definitely the place to sell. 5 mile and offerup days are finished.

By Spam b.

Archiving does not delete the post so thats dishonest. Archiving the post stores it in an archive.

By Honest J.

tell them to stick their cashiers check up their ass, its fake.

By Prick S.

No because selling alcohol is regulated. You need proper certifications and registrations with gib offices to be able to legally sell or distribute alcoholic beverages on any kind. Offer up actually does not care though. They freely allow all kinds of illegal activity.

By Honest J.

Because they let the people that post frequently cheat the algorithm

By Honest J.

Distasteful. What honest person would choose to business with someone that knowingly does deceptive, sneaky things?

By Honest J.

Questions? Get answers from the OfferUp staff and other customers.

14 Photos for OfferUp