Review of OfferUp

1425 Broadway
Bellevue, WA 98122, US

dans875
7/16/19

I sold my old iPhone on this site week before. I still waiting for my money and reply from customer service. Until I sent the product they contacted me through chat and asked me to send it. They sent prepaid shipping address too. Buyers received my product, since then they don't respond to my messages. I have no way contacting them. I think the company took my money. I still trying to get bottom of this. I hope to complain to bbb and federal investigators about this scam. Please connect with me if this happened to you. Don't give up.

perrys50
7/13/19

Do not waste your time on Offerup. I've had two occasions where I've emailed a seller to purchase their item lot and this person was completely incompetent. I waited over a month to hear back and even messaged questioning what was going on. Long story short, I reported this seller to Offerup as it seems like they're running a scam and they've done nothing. It seems like they're more then content to have fraudulent sellers on their site. Stick to Ebay or Amazon!

teresal164

Star 3
Star 4
Star 5
Jul 10, 2019
Offer Up is not the app for shipping nationwide
I have been selling on offer up for a few years. I was excited about their decision to offer shipping and gain more customers around the country. I have tried three times to give offer up the benefit of the doubt but I must say they are failing miserably. I wait my 7 days after customer received the item and still do not get paid. I email support where I get the first canned response, then the second canned response forwarding my issue to the appropriate department, then the 3rd response from someone claiming to have corrected the internal issue and to expect my deposit in 3-5 more business days, blah blah. I respond back that I think they should expedite my payment due to their issue. I then get an email stating I can pay for expedited deposit on the next sale. Just ridiculous. That does nothing for me now and how rude to act as though I am ok with their "so called" customer resolution. I changed all my offers to exclude the option to ship Nationwide. It should not take 2-3 weeks to get paid. I get paid from Poshmark and Mercari within a week after shipping my items. Offer Up is not ramped up to provide this service.

rona952
7/10/19

One of the worst sites for customer service no response it a joke all you get the runaround with there joke of site in service

harryr86
7/4/19

I will try to make this as quick and concise as possible. I am 60 years old and I have done a lot of trading in my life and selling of automobiles and other garage type items. OfferUp tries to sell you on this idea of meeting people at agreed-upon locations, however I come from a Time and I don't think this ever changes when you like to see how a person and where a person lives for the feeling of security that you know where the item came from and they are happy to have you come out and they have nothing to hide just as I would welcome a buyer into my home anytime. I do not see how people could not come to the same conclusion is myself that it just seems so dubious, questionable, and highly suspect that you are going to meet in the parking lot of a Dunkin Donuts and exchange money and not know a thing about this person. And they could try to make it seem like the true you program they have going is just so magnificent. It's stupid and easy for people to lie and dr. Up. I was telling a hockey jersey that was a Stanley Cup jersey I met the man in Long Beach California and he grabbed the Jersey push me down and ran and OfferUp will tell you what did you tell the police did you tell us did you know the man? Of course not you wouldn't let me get his phone number or arrange to meet him at his house or him at mine. Bad bad idea and they'll try to sell you on some kind of crazy thing that I think they explained to me that well you know with robocalls and everything and people getting your phone number they could get your identity in your credit ....that's not true

chumpr
6/26/19

offer up introduced shipping and the site has gone to crap. scammers run the show. I am a scam baiter and I was exposing scammers reporting them and successfully wasting the scammers time..I made over a dozen accounts and drove the lowballers and scammers crazy..offer up banned me claiming they were receiving many complaints ...ha ha sour grapes on the scammers.

matte83
6/22/19

I've never had a problem in 6 months reviewing people or reporting people but at this point I have some c********** trying to annoy the s*** out of me. I tried blocking him wouldn't happen fix it or I will leave this company

Tip for consumers: Watch out for the foreigners that have really f****** weird names because they're the most f*****-up people to deal with

roberta724
6/22/19

I listed an item and it immediately disappeared. I never could find it again on the site. Put it on two other sites and had over 24 saves within 3 days. Not a single hit on Offerup. It seems a total waste of time.

tammyr110
6/14/19

I post my items and daily fake buyers contact me asking questions like they are interested no stars just started their page. Be aware not to provide your address to these crazy people with nothing to do but waste peoples time. This app is no longer beneficial at all.

greatr8
6/8/19

I bought a vhs for 10 dollars from someone called lilo and stitch. I get it in the mail its a counterfeit and says Milo and stitch on the vhs. I write the seller he says he thought it was a misprint he bought it from a garage sale he noticed it and he will refund. So I contact offer up to see what we do next and I get a run around. Instead of confirming this issue through messages which seller knew about he asked for a photo. So I take a photo of where it says milo and stitch and shows a sticker on it showing its counterfeit. So he wrote back next day saying need a image of packaging too. Really??? Is the image of i saying milo and stitch on a printed sticker on the vhs not enough? What about the seller knowing this before sending? Not enough? Just look at my messages im not lying the seller noticed it to he just didnt realize what it was. So I disputed with my bank and closing my account. If I cant get help on a 10 dollar item I would not buy anything of value on here. Never use this site again.

jamesr901
6/8/19

At first this was a great neighborhood resource for selling but has been taken over by autos bought from from auctions, multiple same listings- just beware that a lot of these items are technically not owners. Multiple listingReported 3 times about the same tires listed 100 times- yes 100 times but still not taken off?!! Just a hint before you buy. Look at what that individual has sold or is trying to sell. Is they 50 cars sold or listed they are really a dealer who buys unwanted vehicles from actions. Yikes!!

georgew144
6/7/19

Poorly coded app. Can't add products via website. Nonexistent support. Poorly coded app. Can't add products via website. Nonexistent support.

jazzs6
6/3/19

I paid for to a car on offerup which stated contact thru email and the seller replied back with full car information then had Ebay send me a invoice so I paid $1700 which included shipping to my house. I was Scammed and car never showed up at all. The bad thing is I reported straight to offerup and they Permanently Deleted my account for getting scammed on there web site. The other thing is offerup has no way of stopping the scammer ever if you report the scam department. I really think the scammer work for offerup. Scammer list same car or truck thu out the 50 states on 1 user account. When you see any car or truck that look perfect with low miles under 115k and price that states $1700 or lest is the SCAMMERS. Offerup Beware

deed185
6/2/19

Offer up is great as long as the seller to true legit. Awhile back my boyfriends 20" was stolen from in front of a store, I kept telling him to not give up and to keep looking well sure enough almost one year later a 16 year old punk posted up my man's bike. We went and got his bike from this kid, and I reported to offer up that the post was a stolen bike they needed to one remove it, and request bicycle sellers to disclose the serial number to trusted personal with offer up so a check could be ran through bikeindex.com ensuring they are not promoting the sale of stolen goods. It took 2 months before they agreed to remove the post even after I sent them a copy of the police report. Clearly they dont care in sure they would if they themselves unknowingly got caught in possession of stolen property.
So just be aware of what you're buying before you buy it.

susanc343
5/25/19

I purchased an item that had to be shipped. AFTER I paid, she said shipping would be more. I told her I wouldn't have purchased with more shipping costs. She said she would refund my $$. She never has and hasn't replied to my inquiries. I reported her to Offerup and they aren't doing anything. She is still selling and I am pursuing through my bank and Zelle. Shame on Offerup!

irmac17
5/22/19

I sold something on offer up , they provided me with their own shipping label , the item was delivered back on march 29th and offer up never gave me my money, I have contacted them several times and only get the same:

I wanted to let you know that we have received your message and I've forwarded your issue to a Payments Specialist. In the meantime please feel free to reply with any additional information, such as:

The transaction ID
Name of the other user you're working with
Which item you were purchasing or selling

Thanks for your patience, someone will be in touch shortly!

Trust & Safety Team

They have blocked my account , so I can only continue to email them and keep getting this same answer. I know it's not much $48.00 , but why does offer up think that they have the right to keep money that does not belong to them.. They do not even respond to BBB.. I hope someone files a law suit against their fraudulent business practices

kayen6
5/15/19

I have repeatedly reported vehicle scammers and Offerup still keeps their posts up! Pretty sure Offerup has a big hand in these SCAMS. Letgo is a much more trusted site.

jamesd900
5/14/19

I purchased an item that never shipped. Per offerUps protection policy my money should be refunded by 3 days of them not shipping. It's been 6 days. Haven't heard a thing. Can't contact them, no phone number, no email. I'm highly upset

timothys270
5/6/19

Never Heard of Offerup - Until they tried to steal over $300 from my bank account. They must illegally obtain info from Paypal or other online purchases, then use to take money from peoples bank accounts. I hope they are prosecuted very soon.

neycom
5/3/19

The site is garbage now forcing users to subscribe to Trueyou just to respond to people. First off I put my credit card information on file for payment options and for others to make a payment. Why do I have to provide identification and pictures. I had not even used the credit service at all as of yet anyway. This site is a joke. Stopped any potential sales by forcing me to join true you. I unsubscribed, no business is forcing me into anything. They're are other sites just like this one.

jeffr279
5/2/19
• Updated review

So now they made it so I have to join "True You" to use the app or communicate with anyone about any item at all! Meanwhile They keep alerting me about stuff I can't buy. I can't even communicate about my stuff for sale. So I'll just leave my reviews up while I wait and find new sites to leave reviews, while they keep reminding me to do that with all those alerts. :) They were fine with taking $100 off my card without me being a "True You" member, but I can't contact the guy a block away selling a lawnmower without joining?

“Where's my refund Offer Up?”
4/12/19
• Previous review

They stole my money and are just hanging on to it! I made an offer on something ($90) for $70 plus $30 shipping. So I get a text some time later from my cc company saying that "Offer Up" took $100 off my card (not a "hold"), so I'm happy cuz I think my offer was accepted, but then all I get from offer up is something saying the transaction was cancelled(!), and they havent issued me a refund despite putting the item back out there for sale and NUMEROUS *ignored* requests!! Then they got rid of my review on play store and sent me a "copy" showing I gave them 5 stars!! They wouldnt even allow me to ask for my money back or anything unless I join "True You!" Why would I give these thieves more info to harass-market things to me when the transaction is already cancelled?

wesleyd27
5/2/19

The site are running by scammers. The site are running by scammers. The site are running by scammers

vivianah5
5/2/19

The buyer has had an Apple Watch that I sold them for 48 hours in other words for FREE!!! I still have not gotten paid! I NEED MY MONEY! DONT EVER USE THIS APP, IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE A DAMN NUMBER TO CALL! ITS RIDICULOUSE!

stang53
5/1/19

Read the reviews! Don't trust the buyer protection. It's a joke. Use PayPal for payments! They app is buggy and I wasn't able to submit a claim so I emailed the directly. They stated since I didn't make a claim they couldn't help. How is it my fault that you app didn't allow me to.

rebeccah339
4/18/19

I have reported ALCOHOL, cigars so many times and they don't delete them! This things can get in minors hands because this people selling this are NOT GOING TO BOTHER WITH IDS!!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Offerup is closing accounts of anybody who complains. I had over 300 5 star ratings. Nothing less then 5 star 300 times. Some buyer threatened me and Came to my house so I made police report. Offerup immediately closed my account. Guess what,the buyer had 2 1/2 star rating with 3 sales. He's still on there prob threatening other people. This is the shadiest of all the apps. Letgo is definitely the place to sell. 5 mile and offerup days are finished.

By Spam b.

Archiving does not delete the post so thats dishonest. Archiving the post stores it in an archive.

By Honest J.

tell them to stick their cashiers check up their ass, its fake.

By Prick S.

I have been waiting since march to get my money from a sale and now offer up has blocked my account and kept my money. read BBB reviews

By irma c.

No because selling alcohol is regulated. You need proper certifications and registrations with gib offices to be able to legally sell or distribute alcoholic beverages on any kind. Offer up actually does not care though. They freely allow all kinds of illegal activity.

By Honest J.

Because they let the people that post frequently cheat the algorithm

By Honest J.

Distasteful. What honest person would choose to business with someone that knowingly does deceptive, sneaky things?

By Honest J.

Questions? Get answers from the OfferUp staff and other customers.

OfferUp?