Review of OfferUp

1425 Broadway
Bellevue, WA 98122, US

tylerh164
1/18/19

In short, they witheld money from an item I sold. Upon contacting them via email I was given no explaination, no solution, just copy pasted answers with zero follow up. I've sent in total 12 emails, they've responded twice.

nikkih57
1/17/19

I cannot get ANYONE at OfferUp to respond or resolve my issue. I shipped an item that they buyer received on 12/26/18. He sent me a message through OfferUp stating that he received it and USPS tracking clearly indicates the same. OfferUp completely cancels the transaction and the pending money is gone. I have been sending message after message to them to get my money this is rightfully owed to me and they do not respond. I have received automated responses here and there, but nothing from a real person. I really wish that there was somewhere to go about this because if they have taken my money, I can only imagine how many other peoples they have taken.

tw363
1/16/19

I put in several offers on items after learning the site existed. 3 sellers never even bothered to respond to the offer, good or bad. 1 seller accepted my offer on an item not commonly found. My card was charged. After 2 days OfferUp sent seller a reminder to ship my item. A few days later the seller provided a tracking number which apparently, according to USPS, was generated the day he accepted my offer. After a week of me checking USPS with the package not being shipped, I sent the seller a message. His response was that he asked someone else to ship but she flaked and that he'd ship it out first thing. Tonight I get a message from OfferUp, not the seller, that the purchase was canceled and they would be refunding my money because of an issue with the item. The seller never contacted me to tell me what the issue was. The site did not allow me to provide seller feedback because the sale was canceled. Shortly after getting the message from OfferUp, the item was relisted. After getting the cancellation message, I searched reviews of the site. If I had seen any of them, I would not have joined the site. Do yourself a favor and search for reviews before buying or selling on OfferUp. Stick to platforms with a proven track record of having quality buyers and sellers. It seems to attract a host of scammers and criminals. I'm sure there are good buyers and sellers on the site but they are not easy to find amongst those that are after a quick buck at your expense or safety.

felixs43
1/13/19

OfferUp - Buy. Sell. Offer Up
Your rating:

can you mark this as 0 stars? im a seller on this pathetic app and I have been emailing/tweeting their "customer service" for 9 days bec they charged a customer for shipping but never emailed me a shipping label as per their policy. this happened twice a few days apart. they have no phone number to call. 9 days and no response. i am still waiting as of this review. their name says it all. they OFFERUP no help. i should have known.

ricardob51
1/12/19

I swear to god that OfferUp used to be a good place to go and sell your things. It turns out that , the platform itself is a breeding ground for many a problem. A quick Google search will pull up quite a few horror stories about people getting taken '' for a ride '' and straight our being robbed. One guy had met up with someone and was robbed for his item; a handgun! Turns out the gun was loaded, too. Pretty much, I won't every use It again after I was robbed recently. I was on my phone the other day, and there's a company called The Home Warehouse ( www.THoWH.com ) , and what they do is deliver goods bought and sold on these types of apps, to your buyer/ seller. It sounds way better than getting taken for a ride by some stranger. No more OfferUp for me after learning that The Home Warehouse will launch soon.

kevinj227
1/12/19

I have been using OfferUp for sometime, I have great reviews. I'm unable to use my account, WHY? I have reached out to OfferUp support A LOT and have gotten ZERO SUPPORT, Offerup support has totally IGNORED me and I can't get an answer as to why I can't use my account. They send me a please rate our support, but can't answer my questions as to why I'm not able to use my account.

I have lost the chance to make some good money selling my items in December and have also lost the chance to purchase several items that I really wanted.

I have been a walking billboard for Offerup, but now all I can say about them is they are now a non supportive app.

jenniferk326
1/9/19

I will admit I didn't read the rules and regulations but I have some tactical and novelty knives I wanted to sell and looked them up on OfferUp and saw SEVERAL of them and they were from over 4 months ago so saw no problem with it. Well I kept posting the knives and I was getting notifications that it was taken down . I thought , ok maybe bc of the size of the blade or something so I kept posting but left out size . They took them ALL down and suspended my account bc I had too many violations?!? If they were all at one time then how was I suppose to not do it again if I didn't have time between violations ??? I emailed and told them how I saw MANNNY and they said they don't catch them all? Really? You caught mine in 10min but there are ones up there from 4 months ago AND they allow ads that send you to other companies to sell knives bc they are probably sponsors and THATS ok and noticed all the ones up there are posted by men so I called them sexist and on a rant to let as many people know what pieces of $#*! they are and don't waste your time

shaneb54
1/8/19

I have been using offer up off an on for years, it is great if you are doing cash transactions only. I recently tried to ship an item on Dec. 19th, the item arrived on the 21st, the buyer had no problems and accepted the product. It has been nearly a month and OfferUp will not release my money. I have contacted them several times and IF they respond it is the same canned response, "We will look into it.". The moment the money hit the OfferUp account they took their share but when it comes to giving you your money they will not release it. Here is a link to the list of complaints against OfferUp from the BBB. I have already contacted law officials in my area...which happens to be near their head quarters.

aj155
1/7/19

Offer up is a total scam! Do not use this app! Scam artists regurgitating the same BS! Who uses a company to pick up their stuff and not even look at the stuff first if they like it total scam artist!

chasel10
1/7/19

What a worthless piece of crap app. You can't maintain your offers or search with any control via a web browser. So you're forced to work within the crappy app. I'm not a work-on-my-phone person. Regardless of what the idiot youths of our age think, that's what computers and web browsers are for. Sellers never delete listings, so most listings are old, some years old, and not available. Just an absolute waste of time and energy. Only people with very low IQ's would continue to waste their time here. It's almost as bad as Facebook Marketplace.

maryj690
1/6/19

BBB has names listed of all the bosses.... spam them like they deserve with your complaints!

jimw329
1/3/19

I used OfferUp shipping for the first time on Dec 23, 2018. My experiences with E bay and other sites lead me to keep a video diary of items I ship out, so I did this with my item on Offer Up. The buyer paid the fees so I printed the label and took my item to the post office. At the post office I had a camera person video start to finish. I turned on the laptop, this was the item, I moused around and typed on the keyboard, took some video of the case and outside of the item. Boxed it up and handed it to the post office worker all while the camera never leaving the box, start to finish. 3 days Offer Up contacts me saying the buyer is saying there is damage and wasn't what was described and they would do an investigation. Another week passes by and they state they have completed the investigation and the buyer will return the item. Offer Up never contacted me for my side. I contacted Offer Up several times via email, there is no customer service number, they never reached out. Now I'm in another week after they email from them saying the buyer would return my item. Neither the buyer of Offer Up has reached out. Just to anyone wanting to try this service, please be aware they do not do a legitimate investigation, and do not communicate at all.

hortensiam3
1/2/19

I recently sold two items. Offer up ruined both sales by providing wrong shipping labels: one printed with wrong address and weight limit. Therefore the buyer did not get the item and it was sent back. The other label, for a very heavy item printed with a 15 oz limit and the sale was cancelled as well. It's very difficult to communicate with them
Offer up needs to get it's act together!

valeriee24
12/30/18

They have held my funds. Offer no answers or service. But I'm lacking my merchandise. I want to join a class action.

sabrinar19
12/25/18

This site is so easy to find your way around that it makes selling easy.
I have already sold at least 10 items.They also have buyer and seller rating system.Which makes it easy to figure out who are the serious and honest buyers and sellers.

dougr98
12/20/18

Offerup has held my funds of over $3,000.00 & will not release my money. The only response I have ever received over a month ago- was that the funds department would get back to me as soon as possible. It has been 3 months now. This cannot be legal to withhold funds from people selling on Offerup. Please, if this has happened to you, please write a review or contact an attorney. I will be contacting the FBI about it as well.

edp107
12/20/18

Very recently I attempted to purchase an item that I saw on
OfferUp. I only have had one other
experience with this website as a purchaser. Previously there wasn't a problem
I believe because both of us knew what and where to go to make it happen which
was local. When I attempted this time to
purchase something it was an entirely differently reality. First off I was buying something that needed
to be shipped from out of state. I
decided to go ahead and use the service offered on the site, big mistake. I paid the amount plus shipping required and
then everything went south. The seller
who apparently had no previous experience on the site indicated that he was
notified that he would eventually be paid $4.00 less than his sell price. I tried to explain that it was the charge for
shipping but no dice; he said he wanted his money. I thought big deal, $4 I'll be glad to pay it
if he will just send the item which I needed for a Christmas gift. I ended up paying him through Paypal the $4.00
amount he wanted. He said I still don't
have my money. I explained that he
needed to send the item and then after I get it they will pay him. I couldn't put him at ease so realizing that
if he didn't send it after 5 days they would cancel and give me my money back
through my credit automatically I told him that I would send the balance
through papal. He agreed and I paid and
he shipped the item which I have. What
he did, which I didn't realize was, he used the tracking and shipping label
provided by OfferUp. OfferUp used the
tracking no. and knows there was an item sent but now will not pay the seller
for some reason. So I paid through
Paypal and also OfferUp using my credit card and I received one item and paid
for two. I have contacted OfferUp
numerous times without any success. They
cannot or will not just send him the money at which time he has agreed to
reimburse me.

As I suspected and have read from other reviews either
OfferUp is on its way out of business or their employees are so inebriated that
they cannot keep up with what is going on. They have terrible customer service. Suggestion for those who continue to use
OfferUp, do not use their shipping service, do not do anything that requires
customer support. Try and buy stuff
within driving range if at all possible and good luck, you'll need it.

troyr41
12/18/18

listing not even showing even paid money for listing. Get no response from support on my second ticket number.

sethw46
12/17/18

AFTER 30+ C0OMPLAINTS EVERY WAY YOU CAN GET HELP IE: TWITTER,FACEBOOK,OFFER UP CUSTOMER HELP, AND EMAIL , AND FACE BOOK MESSENGER! NOT ONE SOLUTION JUST ABOUT 30 AUTOMATED RESPONSES MEANWHILE AT VERY TIME IM TWEETING TO THERE SUPPORT SITE AND MAIN @OFFERUP OTHER USERS ARE GETTING THERE PROBLEMS SOLVED RIGHT BEFORE ME !!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO SUE THESE SCAMARTISTS FOR FALSE ADVERTISEMENT , MISREPRESENTATION OF SERVICE ETC IIF ANYONE WANTS TO ASSIST AND JOIN IN POSSIBLE LEGAL ACTIONS I KNOW WE HAVE 1000'S OF PIECES OF EVIDENCE GET AT ME @SETHEL9 , SETHWILLIAMS0221@OUTLOOK.COM OR SETHWILLIAMS0221@GMAIL.COM

kimberlynm1
12/17/18

I have been on OfferUp for three years I have five stars I have almost 500 positive reviews. Recently OfferUp has started the shipping program. I have over 2,000 items I decided to start shipping and at first it was excellent then I started noticing that the money was not being deposited. At last check I was over $200 it appeared that right when I started complaining about why they were not releasing my funds that is when I was banned. I am a single mother it has been over one month I have not received one email one phone call not one thing from OfferUp. also I still have not received my money and all of my customers have the product and are satisfied. How is it possible at this company can make commercials and I know for a fact that they've done this with other people that when you Google them it doesn't show up it's disgusting and it's despicable they're taking advantage the everyday American. The fact that they have hundreds of millions of dollars they think that they are untouchable. Please be wary please do your research look at the Better Business Bureau they have so many complaints and they have not responded to one.

lavarc1
12/12/18

Sold an iPhone 8Plus and a month later i still hadn't received the money for the phone. I've emailed them several times only to be told that they're reviewing it. How long does it take to release my funds? I just want my money or my product. OfferUp is a freaking rip off. Do not use them unless you are doing cash purchases

kristinq2
12/12/18

I sold an item 3 weeks ago and still have not been paid. They supposedly transferred the payment 10 days ago to my bank. There's not even a number to call for support. Never again!! The buyer received the item and is happy with it. There were no issues with the transaction other than I have not been paid. On a $90 item I'm VERY upset!

ryanl194
12/10/18

Since I just join this 2014 everything is fine unit now this year. they are did delete me all my list over 40 item. i don't understand whyyy... i just Delete account after i just make new account again after i post item don't showing my list.. i am not happy with this. Please fix this damn Company dude. I

robh333
12/9/18

They remove all things guns but will take your money to post it on feature sale, but there letting people sell fake driver's licenses and inspection stickers on here. The only thing they don't sell on here yet is birth certificates and I'm pretty sure they're on her somewhere.sell on MEWE or let go at least there they allow you to post things that are actually legal to sell.

chrisp466
12/8/18

They have a buyer protection program....um okay. Ruth of offerup who doesnt even disclose her last name because they know that they are running scams denied my claim when I received a unit that was different than described. Seller stated on the listing that the unit was missing 2 knobs. When I received the unit it was missing 2 knobs but a 3rd knob was bent and damaged as well as the LCD Screen (the main function) was damaged and unreadable. I contacted offer up with pictures and a full description and they just got back to me stating that the seller stated that 2 knobs were missing so we are denying your claim. What about the 3rd knob being bent and damaged and the LCD damaged and non functional???????????? Ruth you are a blind bat, it shouldn't be hard to do your job unless you are blind. I will be filling a dispute regardless.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Offerup is closing accounts of anybody who complains. I had over 300 5 star ratings. Nothing less then 5 star 300 times. Some buyer threatened me and Came to my house so I made police report. Offerup immediately closed my account. Guess what,the buyer had 2 1/2 star rating with 3 sales. He's still on there prob threatening other people. This is the shadiest of all the apps. Letgo is definitely the place to sell. 5 mile and offerup days are finished.

By Spam b.

Archiving does not delete the post so thats dishonest. Archiving the post stores it in an archive.

By Honest J.

tell them to stick their cashiers check up their ass, its fake.

By Prick S.

No because selling alcohol is regulated. You need proper certifications and registrations with gib offices to be able to legally sell or distribute alcoholic beverages on any kind. Offer up actually does not care though. They freely allow all kinds of illegal activity.

By Honest J.

Because they let the people that post frequently cheat the algorithm

By Honest J.

Distasteful. What honest person would choose to business with someone that knowingly does deceptive, sneaky things?

By Honest J.

Questions? Get answers from the OfferUp staff and other customers.

13 Photos for OfferUp