NitroTek

NitroTek has a consumer rating of 4.21 stars from 623 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. NitroTek also ranks 1st among Remote Control Cars sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 82.6%

• Exelent service easy to use website stocked many parts will definitely be back for more stuff when needed
  • It is terrific to have a hobby shop like Nitrotek in town.

• Arguments back and forth ensued, but their customer service has been terrible.
  • I bought my son a rc car from nitro tec last christmas.
How would you rate NitroTek?

“Ebike um”

Dave P.
2/18/20

Bought a Zipper ebike from Nitrotek in October. Arrived on time, easy to assemble and I absolutely loved it, used it most days for fun and for avoiding horrendous parking charges in town. Only downside was someone else also loved it - enough to steal it from my garage. They could've stolen my Jag or my motorbike but no, the Zipper was more appealing. I've just ordered a replacement - when it arrives I'll sleep with it under my pillow so this one doesn't get stolen.

“Not helpful emails/replies very poor greedy”

David S.
4/15/20

I would avoid This company I believe strongly it has the worst customer services I've even spoken to. Rude blunt and not fair

customer service (57) rc car (66) use website (13) trading standards (13) hobby shop (11) nitro car (20) excellent service (17) sons birthday (8) day delivery (8) rc toys (8) order number (42) company (100)
craigh318
January 18th, 2020
I purchased a condor for my son for Christmas and everything went smooth until I needed a refund for the fuel they could not deliver to me... very reluctant to refund me but after a few emails I got it returned... ordering system brilliant customer service not so good but not bad... if they cant provide the answer transfer me to accounts who does have the answer but apparently this isn't possible as they dont take calls... overall I must say it was a decent purchasing experience and I have since bought from them again...
bernicew31
April 22nd, 2020
Great for parts always received mine on time when given and great choice of different cars my boy loves is very fast
petev30
May 23rd, 2020
Your page is very well laid out and clear to see the parts for sale for individual cars would recommend this website to friends family and other people. Fairly priced unfortunately didnt mange to get everything I was after. My order number 130026368
tomc839
April 25th, 2020
Large inventory of a whole range of parts and accessories (less so for older parts like my own) and prices to match. Fast and affordable postage is also a plus.
chrisw1173
June 30th, 2020
Great Prices and quick to ship! Make sure you register before you checkout because it seems to be trickier after the purchase.
davidm2871
January 10th, 2020
I've had to buy wheel inserts as didn't have no wheels in stock but happy with them. Could you please order some more stock in. Thanks
barryj80
March 16th, 2020
Overall nitro-tek is a good company apart from needs a better courier company. waiting all day for parcelforce and didn't come as parcelforce said.
mohammadh91
June 19th, 2020
found easy access to all products that i was interested in, easy checkout as weel and papypal credit access is excellent :)
order #130028468
anonymousp743
January 17th, 2020
Raise a query with customer services over a spare part and recieved a response within 48 hours with the correct part identified.
jasonb901
December 14th, 2019
On the downside a bit too much out of stock for too long too often, but on the plus side overall great to deal with, website is easy to navigate, good knowledge of products, presales and aftersales support is very good, quick delivery from order, any issues quickly sorted. 130017138
emmam224
December 10th, 2019
Found what wanted and was super easy to navigate site and even free fast delivery. Loads of extra bits to add when you find the right one for you to make the car even more customised to your requirements.
manij2
May 2nd, 2019
I read bad reviews about this company but I still went a bought a petrol car from them at a very good price. The car was well packaged and the box in good condition. Just ordered another car from them, fingers crossed lol.

Your Order #130006543 (placed on 2 May 2019 01:47:52 BST)
simonc143
June 16th, 2019
Reason for the not perfect score: Recently purchased an RC Nitro car for my sons birthday and I was a bit put out by the quality of the product itself as the shell that comes with the car which has the holes for access pre-cut for the engine starter and timing needle, Re fueling and top of the engine , however the problem is the holes cut are not even close especially the timing needle and the shell will look awful near the pull start and top of engine where the holes will join not to mention the fuel filling. You be the judge I have attached a picture.

I would like to say that the customer service was very prompt in their response, however I was told in my case that this is how the product is delivered to them and there is nothing they can do to help rectify a manufacturing defect and or help towards a new shell for this car which is an additional £19.99. Factor this in when purchasing an ACME Condor RC Car

Hopefully I cab get the £5 discount offered for writing a review for this order number 130008749 which will go towards a new shell to make this a nice entry RC Car.

At least i will get to show my son how to mark out and cut a new shell
emmaw94
January 29th, 2018
Very happy with my perches of my monster truck beetle, shame that there wasn't more choice though! But would still recommend
markw808
September 11th, 2019
Great products , fast shipping , helpful and friendly service with Good feedback on shipping details #130012799
davidm737
September 12th, 2017
Uploading images and tech information is so simple, communication is simple but not really helpful, these goods are brilliant uploaded 16 at first to see what response I got, received loads of viewings and my first order within 10 days. Brilliant. Make sure you know the procedure as trade communication is via email only, they will not or cannot assist on the phone

Tip for consumers: Dont get frustrated with this site it needs tweaking

ryanw224
March 7th, 2019
Good service... had to wait 5 days as my money was taken for no reason... then when i got the money back was able to order it...
philipo20
April 24th, 2019
I have used NitroTek on several occasions and they have a comprehensive stock of spares to support the Raptor Truggy I bought from them 2/3years ago. (Spares purchase order no.130005436)
deanb129
June 23rd, 2018
#100062059, good overall however I really wanted the self build version of this one but the site always said out of stock its like it never gets updated.
fw25
March 29th, 2018
Good communication, item delivered promptly and as described. Offered best price option for delivery. Would definitely recommend for fast reliable delivery of spare parts for RC car. Only improvement would be to have free delivery for small packages.
christopherd89
February 1st, 2018
Really easy to use got bit confused with a few parts weren't sure my transaction had gone through but it was my mistake 9 X out of 10 but yeah car runs fine
peterl273
April 4th, 2018
Lots of stuff to review on the site which was good.
So far I just selected the car, put it in my cart and paid for it using paypal. No issues really in that regards. I await my purchase.

(100059608)
nealp23
May 23rd, 2018
Happy with every thing I have orded always in working order well packed fast delivery time to.good prices and sale prices too
sergioa34
December 27th, 2018
Good quality products......and very fast delivery....I got my delivery in just two days in perfect conditions... order 300024635.
nicolep194
November 15th, 2018
Not received item yet as it's a pre order item but given clear dates on when to expect item. The website was easy to navigate with plant of options and pictures.

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.
See more answers (9)

Avoid! If anything is wrong with it, you'll get every excuse under the sun for them to deal with it. Plus you#ll have to pay for the return postage, which is illegal btw, pay for the inspection and pay for the return postage! I've been waiting 6 weeks to get my money back for a car that was sent back faulty

By Barry S.
See more answers (4)

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K.,
See more answers (2)

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Is it genuine

THIS IS A RIP OFF COMPANY I'VE HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I was well within the 14 day refund period but they have totally ignored the refund request I entered on their website. YOU CAN NOT CONTACT THIS COMPANY BY TELEPHONE!! It is a case of what you purchased from them, you are on your own to repair or in my case LOOSE £479.00!!

By Rich W.

You will have to go through their bull$#*! fresh desk email system which is just an excuse to give you the run-around for the next two or three months during which time you get so pissed off (which is what they are counting on) or you up the anti with a "letter before action" (google it!) and threaten to take them to the small claims court which is the only reason I got a refund. I was still down about fifteen quid for postage costs that they never refunded but I cut my losses and ran. Now I just badmouth them every chance I get so people will stay away from them. Good luck, you'll need it!"

By R B.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

Find a big range of petrol, electric and nitro RC cars, planes and radio controlled helicopters with free UK next day delivery and the lowest prices guaranteed.

laurenk46
Lauren K.
Customer service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NitroTek?

Have a question about NitroTek?