NitroTek

NitroTek has a consumer rating of 4.16 stars from 558 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. NitroTek also ranks 1st among Remote Control Cars sites.

• It is terrific to have a hobby shop like Nitrotek in town.
  • Easy to use website at a great price, couldn't be happier.

• Arguments back and forth ensued, but their customer service has been terrible.
  • I bought my son a rc car from nitro tec last christmas.
How would you rate NitroTek?

“Ebike um”

Dave P.
2/18/20

Bought a Zipper ebike from Nitrotek in October. Arrived on time, easy to assemble and I absolutely loved it, used it most days for fun and for avoiding horrendous parking charges in town. Only downside was someone else also loved it - enough to steal it from my garage. They could've stolen my Jag or my motorbike but no, the Zipper was more appealing. I've just ordered a replacement - when it arrives I'll sleep with it under my pillow so this one doesn't get stolen.

“Very poor after sales service”

Barry S.
2/10/20

Very poor after sales service. You cannot call them but have to raise a ticket which then takes several days before a response a received. Then you get pre formed responses fobbing you off assuming you are as stupid as they are. They have my money and will not give me my money back. They apparently have to inspect (at cost to the customer) the returned faulty product first which has now been over a 6 weeks and each time I ask for an update, the same pre formed reply - it's in an inspection queue. The Birthday was mid December, it's now nearly mid Feb!!!! GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK and I'll get the car somewhere else.

customer service (51) rc car (64) trading standards (13) hobby shop (11) use website (10) sons birthday (8) day delivery (8) excellent service (15) rc toys (8) 5 stars (7) company (91) rc models (7)
anonymousp743
January 17th, 2020
Raise a query with customer services over a spare part and recieved a response within 48 hours with the correct part identified.
jasonb901
December 14th, 2019
On the downside a bit too much out of stock for too long too often, but on the plus side overall great to deal with, website is easy to navigate, good knowledge of products, presales and aftersales support is very good, quick delivery from order, any issues quickly sorted. 130017138
emmam224
December 10th, 2019
Found what wanted and was super easy to navigate site and even free fast delivery. Loads of extra bits to add when you find the right one for you to make the car even more customised to your requirements.
markw808
September 11th, 2019
Great products , fast shipping , helpful and friendly service with Good feedback on shipping details #130012799
simonc143
June 16th, 2019
Reason for the not perfect score: Recently purchased an RC Nitro car for my sons birthday and I was a bit put out by the quality of the product itself as the shell that comes with the car which has the holes for access pre-cut for the engine starter and timing needle, Re fueling and top of the engine , however the problem is the holes cut are not even close especially the timing needle and the shell will look awful near the pull start and top of engine where the holes will join not to mention the fuel filling. You be the judge I have attached a picture.

I would like to say that the customer service was very prompt in their response, however I was told in my case that this is how the product is delivered to them and there is nothing they can do to help rectify a manufacturing defect and or help towards a new shell for this car which is an additional £19.99. Factor this in when purchasing an ACME Condor RC Car

Hopefully I cab get the £5 discount offered for writing a review for this order number 130008749 which will go towards a new shell to make this a nice entry RC Car.

At least i will get to show my son how to mark out and cut a new shell
manij2
May 2nd, 2019
I read bad reviews about this company but I still went a bought a petrol car from them at a very good price. The car was well packaged and the box in good condition. Just ordered another car from them, fingers crossed lol.

Your Order #130006543 (placed on 2 May 2019 01:47:52 BST)
philipo20
April 24th, 2019
I have used NitroTek on several occasions and they have a comprehensive stock of spares to support the Raptor Truggy I bought from them 2/3years ago. (Spares purchase order no.130005436)
ryanw224
March 7th, 2019
Good service... had to wait 5 days as my money was taken for no reason... then when i got the money back was able to order it...
stevenh493
February 28th, 2019
It's a good site but been waiting for parts to come in for 6 weeks but got them in the end..................................................................
andrewb535
February 10th, 2019
Site had difficulties with payment but fixed within 24h. Buying RC tank for my 7yo son so he is super excited.
Order 130002537
roberth1081
December 29th, 2018
#300024621 excellent can't believe this is still in stock and with a reduced price thank you nitrotec!
sergioa34
December 27th, 2018
Good quality products......and very fast delivery....I got my delivery in just two days in perfect conditions... order 300024635.
nicolep194
November 15th, 2018
Not received item yet as it's a pre order item but given clear dates on when to expect item. The website was easy to navigate with plant of options and pictures.
jonnj1
October 22nd, 2018
Great service carnt wait to recieve my car good value for money gave alot of description on the items £33 VAT shocked me no one else to blame except the government #300022819
austing45
September 20th, 2018
Just completed order of RC Monster Truck
Great range to choose from and good price - Free next day delivery promised
Very easy - intuitive site
muhammedy1
September 15th, 2018
I just ordered a rc nitro car, so I guess I have to receive it first in order to rate this site whether the merchandise/Commodity is good or not. As result I cannot give 5*.But overall I say the site looks legite and no scams.
jamesp685
September 11th, 2018
The Nitrotek website was very easy to navigate. I was able to find the produce I was looking which related to the Nitro RC car that I purchased about 7 months ago. Some of the additional produces that I wished to order were out of stock. I will check for them again in a couple of weeks.

Order number #300021927
paulb790
August 26th, 2018
Great store great products. Website is easy to use to. This is my second time using nitrotek and have recommended to friends.
joel242
July 1st, 2018
Great products. Website could improve user interface to make the experience easier. First time buyer, hopefully will use again.
stephenc298
June 27th, 2018
Happy with a previous purchase so using them again. Good prices, lots of models to choose from and spare parts available too!
deanb129
June 23rd, 2018
#100062059, good overall however I really wanted the self build version of this one but the site always said out of stock its like it never gets updated.
mikeo153
June 23rd, 2018
Good quick and easy service, good quality item and a fair price quick delivery will recommend to anyone been searching a while for the part I needed and here it was all along
piyushg9
Piyush g.
June 23rd, 2018
I called nitro tek they answered quick and was helpful on the phone. Easy to deal with.This is my first car so am excited to drive it. I hope its reliable and arrives as described.
jilld110
June 5th, 2018
Order Number # 100061570

Called Nitrotex on two occasions to check details of e-bikes on Sale and both times received adequate answers to help me decide which e-bike to order - pleased with the service so far and now await my new e-bike!
andrewt209
May 27th, 2018
Brilliant website easy to use Good customer service and products would buy again and recommend to anyone els who looking to buy an even car or truck

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.
See more answers (9)

Avoid! If anything is wrong with it, you'll get every excuse under the sun for them to deal with it. Plus you#ll have to pay for the return postage, which is illegal btw, pay for the inspection and pay for the return postage! I've been waiting 6 weeks to get my money back for a car that was sent back faulty

By Barry S.
See more answers (4)

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K.,

Is it genuine

THIS IS A RIP OFF COMPANY I'VE HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I was well within the 14 day refund period but they have totally ignored the refund request I entered on their website. YOU CAN NOT CONTACT THIS COMPANY BY TELEPHONE!! It is a case of what you purchased from them, you are on your own to repair or in my case LOOSE £479.00!!

By Rich W.

You will have to go through their bull$#*! fresh desk email system which is just an excuse to give you the run-around for the next two or three months during which time you get so pissed off (which is what they are counting on) or you up the anti with a "letter before action" (google it!) and threaten to take them to the small claims court which is the only reason I got a refund. I was still down about fifteen quid for postage costs that they never refunded but I cut my losses and ran. Now I just badmouth them every chance I get so people will stay away from them. Good luck, you'll need it!"

By R B.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

Find a big range of petrol, electric and nitro RC cars, planes and radio controlled helicopters with free UK next day delivery and the lowest prices guaranteed.

laurenk46
Lauren K.
Customer service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NitroTek?

Have a question about NitroTek?