NitroTek

NitroTek has a consumer rating of 3.98 stars from 565 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. NitroTek also ranks 1st among Remote Control Cars sites.

• It is terrific to have a hobby shop like Nitrotek in town.
  • Easy to use website at a great price, couldn't be happier.

• Arguments back and forth ensued, but their customer service has been terrible.
  • I bought my son a rc car from nitro tec last christmas.
How would you rate NitroTek?

“Ebike um”

Dave P.
2/18/20

Bought a Zipper ebike from Nitrotek in October. Arrived on time, easy to assemble and I absolutely loved it, used it most days for fun and for avoiding horrendous parking charges in town. Only downside was someone else also loved it - enough to steal it from my garage. They could've stolen my Jag or my motorbike but no, the Zipper was more appealing. I've just ordered a replacement - when it arrives I'll sleep with it under my pillow so this one doesn't get stolen.

“Poor, poor, poor”

K C.
2/26/20

Ref:130018177 Ref: 130018177 Easy web site to navigate. Was happy with transaction. Just needed it to be delivered so had to review again as delivery wasn't as smooth as online purchase.....Not so happy now. Fuel provided leaked from an apparently sealed bottle all over everything in box. Drove once with 1/10 scale model and its never started again. Contacted this company but no joy, loads of replies but no mention of getting it sorted. Internet only company. No customer service to talk to. One needs to email everything but gets no real positive responses. Made me feel like I did something wrong. I will never recommend or use this lot ever again. Most expensive paper weight I've ever purchased yet. STAY AWAY! Go to a real model RC shop, deal with real people face to face.

customer service (53) rc car (64) trading standards (13) hobby shop (11) use website (10) sons birthday (8) day delivery (8) excellent service (15) rc toys (8) order number (37) 5 stars (7) company (94)
davep321

Ref:130018177

Ref: 130018177
nathanr153
February 26th, 2020
Fast delivery, very helpful help line for a change, even went out of his way to find other manufacturers to find upgrades
mattheww389
March 24th, 2020
The whole process from adding it to your basket all the way through to receiving confirmation of the order is very straight forward and easy. Would definitely use them again!

Order Number: 130020835
jordanr115
January 18th, 2020
Just ordered my first car from here great website plenty of spares and nice ease of use unlike other websites that have tried to cram in to much on one page 130018597
thomasj609
January 27th, 2020
Excellent service on the phone and online very impressed fast delivery too will be using them again and again!
barrys243
February 10th, 2020
Very poor after sales service. You cannot call them but have to raise a ticket which then takes several days before a response a received. Then you get pre formed responses fobbing you off assuming you are as stupid as they are. They have my money and will not give me my money back. They apparently have to inspect (at cost to the customer) the returned faulty product first which has now been over a 6 weeks and each time I ask for an update, the same pre formed reply - it's in an inspection queue. The Birthday was mid December, it's now nearly mid Feb!!!! GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK and I'll get the car somewhere else.
maxb120
April 24th, 2019
Great car for a beginner not very fast and easily controlled well built can handle being bumped and rolled. Battery life is short about ten minutes or less if going hard.
My problems started when I was some how charged for postage, its free for the amount I spent. They refused to refund saying it was my fault for paying it in the first place.

Tip for consumers: Check that the total price is right before you buy

oscarb101
March 21st, 2020
Brought a new part and came very quickly so I could get to repairing my nitro buggy, love this would recommend
jamesm2526
January 2nd, 2020
clear, quick, comprehensive, good value, you know what you are getting and when, no hidden price shocks.
joannel169
February 10th, 2020
Website easy to use. Good deals on item I bought. Also found a voucher code for money off. Excellent
craigh318
January 18th, 2020
I purchased a condor for my son for Christmas and everything went smooth until I needed a refund for the fuel they could not deliver to me... very reluctant to refund me but after a few emails I got it returned... ordering system brilliant customer service not so good but not bad... if they cant provide the answer transfer me to accounts who does have the answer but apparently this isn't possible as they dont take calls... overall I must say it was a decent purchasing experience and I have since bought from them again...
daleyj4
November 24th, 2019
I ordered my sons nitro car yesterday at 11.30 it has arrived today by 12.30 excellent experience so far they had everything in stock and dispatched strait away I can not complain I will test the car to make sure everything is working properly and will update my post. #130015627
melvynp5
February 18th, 2020
Had a problem with a nitro car, but contacted me within 24hrs. Good service. Ordered quit a few items from this company with no complaints so far.
leew391
December 3rd, 2019
Very simple but effective website. Providing me with everything I needed to know. Easy check out and very positive feedback in precious
Reviews.. can't wait for delivery of items now
jamesm2678
February 5th, 2020
Very good website and service bought a large scale rc car few years back still very durable and fun.
#130019244
simonw293
December 25th, 2019
Website was easy to use and found what I wanted straight away , will definitely order again in the future

Order number (#130017819)
davidm2871
January 10th, 2020
I've had to buy wheel inserts as didn't have no wheels in stock but happy with them. Could you please order some more stock in. Thanks
barryj80
March 16th, 2020
Overall nitro-tek is a good company apart from needs a better courier company. waiting all day for parcelforce and didn't come as parcelforce said.
fredr131
December 16th, 2019
I have recently purchased a 1-8 Dune Buggy for my Grandson and the car is as described on there site, Being new to this type of rc car I needed clarification on a couple of things, I phoned them and was given all the information I needed and more ,the staff were extremely helpful and polite .
I couldn't be mor pleased.
Fred Rudd
mikeb1187
December 3rd, 2019
Great team to buy from, easy transaction and quick shipping and good prices, impressed 5 stars

Will be back to buy more
georgem624
March 6th, 2019
Only just got it but looks like a nice piece of kit, all looks good quality but only time will tell,
love the concealed battery pack. can't wait to get it out and try some hills, nice touch about the throttle lever which can move you along at 6mph with no pedaling.
Nice display with 5 levels of assistance, nice control position next to the left grip, which means no hands off while riding.
Bought on order No 130003097 2/3/2019
andyj98
October 10th, 2019
I spent a lot time researching for the right RC Monster Truck to get for my son's birthday, I finally came across NitroTek.co.uk and they had the exact one I had in mind, and for an affordable price too. So percent in fact I purchased one for myself... I would recommend this website as they are very competitive. Will be happy to use and recommend to others.
Order No- #130014064

Tip for consumers: Look for discount codes, as they have a few on offer. I used a 12% off any purchase voucher.

neils208
February 28th, 2020
Terrible customer service when it comes to getting a refund on a return. It has taken me a month to get back £350, and that had to be done via paypal. There is no direct number to speak to customer support, only an email address who won't reply more than once a day. Would recommend steering clear!!
ryanh439
November 30th, 2019
I think there really good and easy to deal with when coming to ordering heard they are good as well waiting for the product and then I'll see

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.
See more answers (9)

Avoid! If anything is wrong with it, you'll get every excuse under the sun for them to deal with it. Plus you#ll have to pay for the return postage, which is illegal btw, pay for the inspection and pay for the return postage! I've been waiting 6 weeks to get my money back for a car that was sent back faulty

By Barry S.
See more answers (4)

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K.,

Is it genuine

THIS IS A RIP OFF COMPANY I'VE HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I was well within the 14 day refund period but they have totally ignored the refund request I entered on their website. YOU CAN NOT CONTACT THIS COMPANY BY TELEPHONE!! It is a case of what you purchased from them, you are on your own to repair or in my case LOOSE £479.00!!

By Rich W.

You will have to go through their bull$#*! fresh desk email system which is just an excuse to give you the run-around for the next two or three months during which time you get so pissed off (which is what they are counting on) or you up the anti with a "letter before action" (google it!) and threaten to take them to the small claims court which is the only reason I got a refund. I was still down about fifteen quid for postage costs that they never refunded but I cut my losses and ran. Now I just badmouth them every chance I get so people will stay away from them. Good luck, you'll need it!"

By R B.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

Find a big range of petrol, electric and nitro RC cars, planes and radio controlled helicopters with free UK next day delivery and the lowest prices guaranteed.

laurenk46
Lauren K.
Customer service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NitroTek?

Have a question about NitroTek?