NitroTek

NitroTek has a consumer rating of 4.07 stars from 560 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. NitroTek also ranks 1st among Remote Control Cars sites.

• It is terrific to have a hobby shop like Nitrotek in town.
  • Easy to use website at a great price, couldn't be happier.

• Arguments back and forth ensued, but their customer service has been terrible.
  • I bought my son a rc car from nitro tec last christmas.
How would you rate NitroTek?

“Ebike um”

Dave P.
2/18/20

Bought a Zipper ebike from Nitrotek in October. Arrived on time, easy to assemble and I absolutely loved it, used it most days for fun and for avoiding horrendous parking charges in town. Only downside was someone else also loved it - enough to steal it from my garage. They could've stolen my Jag or my motorbike but no, the Zipper was more appealing. I've just ordered a replacement - when it arrives I'll sleep with it under my pillow so this one doesn't get stolen.

“Poor, poor, poor”

K C.
2/26/20

Ref:130018177 Ref: 130018177 Easy web site to navigate. Was happy with transaction. Just needed it to be delivered so had to review again as delivery wasn't as smooth as online purchase.....Not so happy now. Fuel provided leaked from an apparently sealed bottle all over everything in box. Drove once with 1/10 scale model and its never started again. Contacted this company but no joy, loads of replies but no mention of getting it sorted. Internet only company. No customer service to talk to. One needs to email everything but gets no real positive responses. Made me feel like I did something wrong. I will never recommend or use this lot ever again. Most expensive paper weight I've ever purchased yet. STAY AWAY! Go to a real model RC shop, deal with real people face to face.

customer service (51) rc car (64) trading standards (13) hobby shop (11) use website (10) sons birthday (8) day delivery (8) excellent service (15) rc toys (8) 5 stars (7) company (91) rc models (7)
nathanr153
February 26th, 2020
Fast delivery, very helpful help line for a change, even went out of his way to find other manufacturers to find upgrades
kc439

February 18th, 2020

Tip for consumers: Buy with confidence from Nitrotek

melvynp5
February 18th, 2020
Had a problem with a nitro car, but contacted me within 24hrs. Good service. Ordered quit a few items from this company with no complaints so far.
joannel169
February 10th, 2020
Website easy to use. Good deals on item I bought. Also found a voucher code for money off. Excellent
barrys243
February 10th, 2020
Very poor after sales service. You cannot call them but have to raise a ticket which then takes several days before a response a received. Then you get pre formed responses fobbing you off assuming you are as stupid as they are. They have my money and will not give me my money back. They apparently have to inspect (at cost to the customer) the returned faulty product first which has now been over a 6 weeks and each time I ask for an update, the same pre formed reply - it's in an inspection queue. The Birthday was mid December, it's now nearly mid Feb!!!! GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK and I'll get the car somewhere else.
jamesm2678
February 5th, 2020
Very good website and service bought a large scale rc car few years back still very durable and fun.
#130019244
thomasj609
January 27th, 2020
Excellent service on the phone and online very impressed fast delivery too will be using them again and again!
jordanr115
January 18th, 2020
Just ordered my first car from here great website plenty of spares and nice ease of use unlike other websites that have tried to cram in to much on one page 130018597
craigh318
January 18th, 2020
I purchased a condor for my son for Christmas and everything went smooth until I needed a refund for the fuel they could not deliver to me... very reluctant to refund me but after a few emails I got it returned... ordering system brilliant customer service not so good but not bad... if they cant provide the answer transfer me to accounts who does have the answer but apparently this isn't possible as they dont take calls... overall I must say it was a decent purchasing experience and I have since bought from them again...
anonymousp743
January 17th, 2020
Raise a query with customer services over a spare part and recieved a response within 48 hours with the correct part identified.
davidm2871
January 10th, 2020
I've had to buy wheel inserts as didn't have no wheels in stock but happy with them. Could you please order some more stock in. Thanks
jamesm2526
January 2nd, 2020
clear, quick, comprehensive, good value, you know what you are getting and when, no hidden price shocks.
simonw293
December 25th, 2019
Website was easy to use and found what I wanted straight away , will definitely order again in the future

Order number (#130017819)
jasonn165
December 22nd, 2019
Easy to find parts I needed it was the only place I could find what I needed and at a very good price 130017692 order number
fredr131
December 16th, 2019
I have recently purchased a 1-8 Dune Buggy for my Grandson and the car is as described on there site, Being new to this type of rc car I needed clarification on a couple of things, I phoned them and was given all the information I needed and more ,the staff were extremely helpful and polite .
I couldn't be mor pleased.
Fred Rudd
jasonb901
December 14th, 2019
On the downside a bit too much out of stock for too long too often, but on the plus side overall great to deal with, website is easy to navigate, good knowledge of products, presales and aftersales support is very good, quick delivery from order, any issues quickly sorted. 130017138
stephenc472
December 14th, 2019
Website very detailed lots of information and pictures to help choose item and very fast posting service order number 130016915
emmam224
December 10th, 2019
Found what wanted and was super easy to navigate site and even free fast delivery. Loads of extra bits to add when you find the right one for you to make the car even more customised to your requirements.
leew391
December 3rd, 2019
Very simple but effective website. Providing me with everything I needed to know. Easy check out and very positive feedback in precious
Reviews.. can't wait for delivery of items now
mikeb1187
December 3rd, 2019
Great team to buy from, easy transaction and quick shipping and good prices, impressed 5 stars

Will be back to buy more
ryanh439
November 30th, 2019
I think there really good and easy to deal with when coming to ordering heard they are good as well waiting for the product and then I'll see
benp201
November 30th, 2019
Nice and easy shopping experience explains everything you need to know a pleasure to browse and to wish you could buy all!
matthewl381
November 26th, 2019
Great service and great car, order arrived on time only issues is you must ensure you have oil for air filter
barryw145
November 25th, 2019
This company's after sales service is one of the worst I have ever come across . The RC which was sold had a one way bearing which seized after a couple of pulls on the starter cord . Their so called fault finding correspondence went round in circles with them not wanting to admit any liability as far as parts were concerned. We even sent a video of trying to start the RC with the pull cord not retracting. Being an engineer it was obvious what the problem was even though I had no experience with RC's . We bought the new part from ebay and the car engine now starts. After asking for a refund for the price of the bearing, we were told that because we didn't purchase it from Nitrotek , they wouldn't refund the cost of the replacement part. Bearing in mind that we spent 3 weeks following their so called fault finding and eventually losing patience , their excuse not to refund us didn't come as a surprise. Avoid this company if you expect reasonable after sales service.

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.
See more answers (9)

Avoid! If anything is wrong with it, you'll get every excuse under the sun for them to deal with it. Plus you#ll have to pay for the return postage, which is illegal btw, pay for the inspection and pay for the return postage! I've been waiting 6 weeks to get my money back for a car that was sent back faulty

By Barry S.
See more answers (4)

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K.,

Is it genuine

THIS IS A RIP OFF COMPANY I'VE HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I was well within the 14 day refund period but they have totally ignored the refund request I entered on their website. YOU CAN NOT CONTACT THIS COMPANY BY TELEPHONE!! It is a case of what you purchased from them, you are on your own to repair or in my case LOOSE £479.00!!

By Rich W.

You will have to go through their bull$#*! fresh desk email system which is just an excuse to give you the run-around for the next two or three months during which time you get so pissed off (which is what they are counting on) or you up the anti with a "letter before action" (google it!) and threaten to take them to the small claims court which is the only reason I got a refund. I was still down about fifteen quid for postage costs that they never refunded but I cut my losses and ran. Now I just badmouth them every chance I get so people will stay away from them. Good luck, you'll need it!"

By R B.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

Find a big range of petrol, electric and nitro RC cars, planes and radio controlled helicopters with free UK next day delivery and the lowest prices guaranteed.

laurenk46
Lauren K.
Customer service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NitroTek?

Have a question about NitroTek?