Review of Tower Hobbies

Tel: 800-637-6050
ljukes@hobbico.com

johnl151
3/27/18

I've been doing business with Tower off and on since 1972, and really don't have anything bad to say about Tower.Whenever there's a problem I know they will make it right, and in the old days when we actually spoke on the phone(b.c., before computers) the people I spoke with were friendly and seemed to listen.When I'm talking to a new pilot, I mention Tower as a good site to get a fair deal.

ryanh116
4/23/17

I have had nothing but great experiences with tower hobbies. Easy pay is amazing! It is a layaway plan that gives you the product BEFORE its paid for!! Great friendly staff and my last order was placed on Tuesday and it arrived on Friday!!

robertc303
1/5/17

bad service ... price matching sucks ,customer service doesn't know their own policies when you ask them about it . Their answer was... if its cheaper at Hobby People then go buy it there.. really sad advice after all the money Ive spent with tower hobbies

isaacn9
12/23/16

Bought a brand new jato. Broke the tiny knubs it comes with so I upgraded to jato specified bandito street tires from duratrax. The back axle is hex and front is circular bearings so the hex rear bandito tires fit perfectly then I tried to fit the front but the circular bearing upfront did not like the bandito hex. So I trade the 2 new banditos for bearing fitting ones and find out the center hole on the tires are to large for even the nut to hold. I try to research if maybe it's a bearing size problem but no luck. I call tower services and they tell me it should have had hex fitting on all four corners of the car, after trading in the two hex I had in the first place. Another advice they had was to get a hex conversion kit for the front and get the hex wheels back. The big deal is that there is no information at all to come with the jato on the specified duraTrax wheels after spending a fortune to get the parts and car for christmas . Converting to all for hex when they should have been that way in the first place is a big waste of money. Doing one thing needs three things to do.

kennethw64
10/6/16

I have had very good service from Tower Hobbiers.. I will keep doing my reordering from them.

benw48
2/11/16

These guys are awesome.ordered a couple of items for my savage and a new eMaxx brushless got here when they said it would. Well they got my business.

ddd14
1/7/16

I placed an order with Easy Pay and another order as a gift. I returned the gift order for a full refund but they only refunded me one of my Easy Pay payments and not refund the full gift order. I asked for them to please change it as I kept the Easy Pay purchase and need my full refund for the other purchase I returned but they were not willing to help and said sorry we can't make any changes now because it's already been done. I even returned it with the original invoice. Which means they were not interested in putting any effort into making this right and as long as they have your money they are like "F-YOU"

anthonym76
3/25/14

I haven't bought anything in a while but when I was using my R/C car often this was the perfect site since it was breaking often (i blame the 3s lipo haha). I have probably bought a total of $350+ in parts/upgrades from them and maybe 20+ various items. They have anything you could want from full aluminum body conversions to body clips haha. They had okay free shipping (2 weeks maybe. Reasonable since they ship out of illinois i think it was and I'm in New Jersey). They make you join their "club" for free shipping i believe which is like $9 for 1 year which covers the cost of the R/C magazine subscription of your choice pretty much. They email you coupon codes monthly, too, in addition to ones you get when you open something you bought from them. Good prices especially when compared to a hobby shop.

jjmcm
1/24/14

Pros: very serious and good customer service, they answer quickly.
Cons: a bit more expensive than other webs. They sent me twice some glues whose expired date was too close.

richd3
2/27/13

Tower Hobbies is my favorite hobby store online. I'm a remote control car and plane enthusiast and there is no question that Tower Hobbies has a better selection and often better prices than any other online store I've found and frankly better than most local stores as well.

nickl22
2/2/13

I have been buying from towerhobbies for over 30 years, right from the days when orders were still placed by post.....never ever had a problem with them.....good old faithful.....

Questions? Get answers from the Tower Hobbies staff and other customers.

Tower Hobbies?