Next has a consumer rating of 2.93 stars from 27 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Next most frequently mention customer service problems. Next ranks 50th among General Apparel sites.

• Also next day delivery when you purchase online, you cant get better than that!

• I have now been in queue for 90 minutes shocking customer service will never use them again
How would you rate Next?

“Excellent”

Mahmoona T.
1/22/19

Best customer service, in store or online, easy to buy or return no problems. I never had problem with at all, good price and best quality. We are very happy customers. Thanks to Next

“Shocking customer service”

Lynda S.
7/27/20

Spent £2000 on furniture and some parts didn't work so I tried to call but was askedto email but you only get a reply every 4-5 days. I have now not heard from them for nearly 2 weeks. So tonight I decided to call and i have requested a call back and still no response. I have now been in queue for 90 minutes shocking customer service will never use them again

customer service (7) day delivery (4)
lyndas142
July 27th, 2020
davidw2757
July 20th, 2020
Awful. Customer service non existent, refuse to honour gift cards, product quality is awful and overpriced. Do yourself a favour and use one of the many other better options.
clairer38
January 27th, 2018
I honestly can't fault Next, I spend a fortune on there, literally 2 orders a week. Only once a return didn't go on and they sorted it and once a sale item I ordered never turned up and they let me have a brand new tracksuit from the new range for the sale price. I find them great.
suzieu
January 8th, 2020
I ordered jeans, they e mailed me to say they were coming, they did not turn up, rang them they said they will re order and come by 1pm next day, rang up man I spoke to said person must of been new( should not of said they will be here by 1pm) but assured me they will be here by 9.30 that day... another lie. They did not come! Disgraceful service, I wanted jeans for work, have waited over a week for them... rubbish service indeed...
happyt19
February 15th, 2020
Beaumont Leys store Leicestershire is the worst store ever. I decided to return and to give them the benefit of the doubt but oh my god they are useless! One occasion I stood waiting in the queue... and waiting... and waiting whilst the staff member was chatting and the return visit was knocked out of the way with a stock bin, how rude and ignorant, so needless to say twice is enough to visit and so ordered online and arranged for a couple of items to be collected by courier and you know what I'm going to say... the courier never came and the return never got collected with no communication from Next at all and the online chat was too ridiculous for words if it wasn't such bad service it would be hilarious, as a first time customer can definitely say won't be a customer for a second time, cannot believe this is NEXT expected so much more. I deal with online orders often and all other retailers and companies I've shopped with are always spot on I know Next won't even care about this review but hopefully it will assist other shoppers in deciding to spend their hard earned cash elsewhere..
lynw58
October 27th, 2020
I bought a sofa from next and found that there was a problem with it. They sent someone round to look at it months ago and I have still not heard from them the sofa is totally sub standard, despite several emails to them I get no reply I would not Reccomend anybody buying a sofa from them Terrible sofa and no customer care
deborahc302
April 23rd, 2019
A pair of their jeans bled so badly and so consistently that they completely stained my entire dryer drum and the dye then rubbed off onto other loads of clothing that I ran through the dryer. All of my white and light colored clothing was ruined as well as my dryer. I even have video evidence of the actual Jeans staining my dryer and how it then rubbed off onto a white dry wash cloth. After weeks and weeks of communicating with their "customer service," dealing with slow responses, having to mail the jeans back to them, and them claiming to do heir own tests in the jeans, they now claim the jeans are not faulty and didn't cause the damage. I've even sent them the video evidence now and they are completely ignoring me. Will never buy from Next again. I encourage you to not buy from them either. Clearly they don't care about product quality or customer service or making right what they have wronged.
lizs85
October 2nd, 2017
Over the years quality has declined and customer service with it. I'm fed up with clothes that disintegrate in 6 months (I work in an office, it's not heavy, manual labour), and the ridiculous refund policy which leaves me out of pocket. Yes, their clothes look great, but they are not fit for purpose, and you will not easily get a refund if a fault develops. Try Primark, the quality is similar, but the prices and the service are superior.
dk99
September 5th, 2017
I'm very disappointed with store policies and quality of customer service. Even though I was a loyal customer for many years, they just cancelled my order because 1) I'm not UK resident (even though I'm EU resident), and they won't deliver to a hotel where I'm currently staying (even though I lived in the UK for 5 years and just recently temporarily moved to another country due to project work).

I won't recommend this store to anyone.
angieu2
February 9th, 2019
Ordered for next day delivery what a joke courier couldn't find we are a big white pub on a main road near the main hospital now have to wait 5 days for over 220.00 to be returned to my bank
Next sort out your delivery
gilesb18
July 18th, 2019
£2000 of interest charged and they've still destroyed my wife's credit file. I've just been hung up on and lied to by a manager of the Collections team having discovered Next have destroyed my wife's credit file. Under scrutiny Next admit to £1968. 75 of interest out of a total spend of £9788. 69. I wonder how many of Next's "several million customers" understand that they are charging them 23.9% interest.

Their most senior manager of their Collections Department explained that they would accept a payment of £1400 to settle a £2400 account but that they would be forced to continue to destroy my wifes credit file unless we pay the £2400. Not only is that bizarre but I'd love to understand how that is not blackmail as well. In one hand they offer to 'settle' but then explain they have to lie to the credit agency and say it's not settled unless we pay them the £1000 of interest. I really don't get how this company is FCA regulated, they couldn't explain it and clearly didn't understand their own offer of 'settlement' let alone the FCA rules.

In the process of trying to get a fair resolution or even honesty from Next we've been hung up on by Ziyaad (senior manager of collections), Cheryl, Thenji. There appears to be no limit to the dishonesty Next will employ on recorded calls

So in summary if you don't like being lied to, hung up on, profiteered from and then blackmailed it may be worth going to a shop and buying your clothes rather than using next.co.uk who seem quite happy to make up the rules as they go along. The 54% of 1* ratings on Trustpilot would seem to support my summary of this business. AVOID.
alaiaa
December 22nd, 2018

This company is the worst company I ever seen. I bought some items online on the same day but I received the order splitted in 2 different days without advised me and any other explanation. Finally I receive my last item nearly 15 days later from the date of my order with again no explanation of why the delay. I was unhappy with one part of my order (I bought 2 pair of trousers) because they sent me a size 12 instead a 14. So I wanted to return this last trouser.
I didn't have any return label on my package so went online and submitted a return request. A delivery guy from hermes came to collect my order. 10 days later of collection I didn't know anything about my refund. I went to my account on the next online store but seems my return wasn't registered so it is like I didn't sent anything back to them. I tried to get in touch with them many times by phone but nothing. Customer services is just terrible. They do nothing. Trying to get in touch by email also (after a lot of research cause it is very difficult to find any other contact except the telephone number) 20 days later from my return so in total of one month after I made my order and even didn't get any reply, solution, etc... I can't believe how NEXT is dealing so terrible with their returns. If you don't have to return anything it is probably that you don't have anything to complaint about them but if you have to... Be prepare to deal with many phone calls, worries, waste of time and losing your money. I will be not surprised if this company is one of this that have to shut down their business as many others in UK. Very sad.
mahmoonat
January 22nd, 2019
morags
October 23rd, 2018
Ordered Chair - arrived without the legs - had to continuously chase for response - rescheduled finally but they just didn't turn up - again no communication - then discovered they couldn't find order so they had just cancelled it without notifying us - will never order again from Next
ritar58
July 26th, 2018
Good quality, superfast shipping. The sizes may be quite different to fit, very depend on the item.
kristinam25
November 1st, 2015
Worst UX experience EVER! Tried numerous times to place an order from the US for a UK delivery address. Impossible to do, no help whatsoever. If anyone has an idea on how to do this, please let me know. Next does not recognize a legitimate post code and so therefore delivery options are non-existent. Crap website. It's 2015 people. Lose the 1990s look of this awful, awful site.
ghadirg
May 14th, 2014
Color and the size true to description. Amazing item!
rosal197
May 2nd, 2016
I really wanted a shoes which were not available in stores and the girl in the Tarah retail was very helpful. She spent almost 10 min just looking for the shoes whilst she could have been serving other customers... She made my day once she found the shoes. They came after 5 days and fit perfectly! I love shopping at Next '
iqbala2
September 17th, 2015
I've been shopping at next since I was a wee teeny bopper, and can hands on say that they are the best retailer out there BY FAR in terms of sizing. I have many friends who can also vouch for this. I'll admit, not all of their stuff is "trendy" but if your a grandad like me then comfort >> style.
johns775
October 30th, 2014
Next never fail to impress me when it comes to clothing. I am always shopping here for myself and my family. They have the best value for money and best quality and fit of any clothing brand I know, especially for jeans and trousers. Every guy I know tells me he shops at next for his jeans because they are so damn comfy, especially if your a curvy dude like me.
Overall a 5/5 not a bad word to say. Also next day delivery when you purchase online, you cant get better than that!
mikea48
November 5th, 2013
Have to say, shopping at Next in the high street can be stressful. If my size isnt in stock I'll always order online and get it within a couple of days. Helpful shop staff and online returns are a bonus. I like the layout of the site, well designed and easy to order. I wish all sites were this simple to use.
petew21
November 13th, 2015
The clothes fit brilliantly and are of superb quality, the pricing is excellent and delivery; while only meeting the advertised period (order before midnight for next day delivery), is outstanding.
nicolab7
March 16th, 2015
Great all round service
ethelj
May 14th, 2011
Next is a great place to buy clothes there are lots of great styles and great colours. You can even get furniture and electrical goods. Super.
junahb1
June 3rd, 2014
I was looking for a t-shirt to wear under my uniform at work. The one I bought from NEXT does the trick. It is thicker than I expected, and feels soft and sturdy.

Questions? Get answers from the Next staff and other customers.

Shop the latest women's, men's and children's fashion plus homeware, beauty and more. Next day delivery and free returns available. Shop now!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Next?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.9
Have a question about Next?