Review of MyHeritage

Tel: 1-888-377-0588
aaron@myheritage.com

josd2
3/19/19

MyHeritage zou perfect zijn als ze gespecialiseerde medewerkers hebben die jou snel en goed kunnen helpen door in jouw pc rechtstreeks te helpen aan oplossingen. Ik heb momenteel meer dan 68.000 verwanten in mijn stamboom en dan je af en toe door de bomen het bos niet meer zien!

suem394
3/19/19

I wanted to combine my account with my husband's account. Tadhg was so helpful and walked us through each step - even though we were using both a Mac and a PC. He was so patient while we got to the proper places and downloaded and uploaded...
Thank you Tadhg!!!

susannal16
3/18/19

Hi Thanks for the help, but it didn't solve my problem, I searched for my lost DNA kit and I got you a phone number to an email center that has thousands of packages to handle. What I need is a shipping number from you.
Sincerely
Susanna Lindh

miket392
3/16/19

As per the multiple bad reviews below, I have also been deceived by My Heritage in regards to their DNA processing timeframe. The information on their website clearly states that results can be expected within 3-4 weeks of the samples arriving at their laboratory. After waiting 9 weeks I was informed that they were making a change to their system, therefore I will not receive my results for an additional 8 weeks. My money was taken by deception, and although I lodged a complaint through their site ans was issued a ticket number, a week later I have not received any response. Do not use My Heritage - use one of the reputable DNA providers who deliver what they promise.

Response from MyHeritage S., MyHeritage Representative
Dear Mike,

I'm sorry to learn that your inquiry was not handled yet.

I completely understand where you are coming from and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Please note that we are currently upgrading the chip used for DNA analysis in our lab to a new and more advanced version. This upgrade is indeed causing a delay.

Laboratory delays such as these are altogether abrasive during the wait but I can assure you that ultimately, this new top-shelf chip will provide better insight into everyone's DNA research and progress and the value in it is great. MyHeritage believes that all our members will profit in their research progress ultimately with this new chip.

I'd like to assist you personally with your inquiry. Feel free to email me at "catarina.vipsupport@myheritage.com" via your registered email address so I can follow-up as soon as possible.

Catarina, MyHeritage Team
sofid2
3/15/19

Sebastiaan from MyHeritage its always trying to help and find solutions to the problems.
Its always a pleasure to talk with the My Heritage's support. They always make it all easier and do very well their job.

janicel119
3/14/19

My kits were almost done when they got delayed and I got this message:

"We are experiencing delays because we are upgrading to a new and more advanced version of the chip used for DNA analysis. You can expect your results Mar 26 2019 Apr 16 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience."

So they will take 8 weeks minimum from the time that they received my sample. Not too happy with them right now

Response from MyHeritage S., MyHeritage Representative
Dear Janice L.

I'm sorry to read your low star review and I sympathize with how you have not received your results as promptly as you expected.

We are currently upgrading the chip used for DNA analysis to a new and more advanced version and unfortunately, this change will cause a delay of a few weeks.

It is frustrating to have to wait a few extra weeks for results and this concern is absolutely understood. Your feedback has indeed been escalated and we are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Feel free to e-mail me directly if you have any further question at john.vipsupport@myheritage.com.

Regards
John
MyHeritage Team
mariap386
3/14/19

The Family Tree Builder works fantastic! And publishing it in MyHeritage allowed me to find some relatives working in the same family tree and it gave us better results in our researches.Support is really good and works.

karinm34
3/13/19

MyHeritage is not only THE best site for ancestry and dna, thay also have amazing customer service. I highly recommend!

archinardj

Hello everyone,

I bought 2 kits in November and both were received by my heritage in January.We received the results for one kit on February 20th. We should expect the results for the other one on February 27th. We never received the results. It was the stage "Raw data produced"! and then we received an email. "We are experiencing delays because we are moving to a new, more advanced version of the chip used for DNA analysis. You can expect your results March 14, 2019 - March 27, 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience .
Today, I received an email "There may be a problem with your sample. We could not read the DNA from the first vial of your DNA sample. It is possible that the DNA sample was not collected correctly with this vial. We encounter this problem in about 1% of the samples. Fortunately, we still have the second bottle you sent us. We are now processing it at no additional cost. This will require more lab processing time for your sample. We have updated the estimated delivery date of your results online accordingly and we will notify you by e-mail as soon as your DNA results are available. "
Now the deadline is "You can expect your results March 27, 2019 - April 17, 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience." It's a joke? We recommend my heritage to our family after the results of the first kit and bought 3 other kits. It sounds like a bad my heritage joke that takes its customers for idiots!

Julien

Response from MyHeritage S., MyHeritage Representative
Dear Archinard J.

Regards
John
MyHeritage Team
dominiqued38
3/13/19

Un grand merci pour votre aide précieuse qui m'a permis de rétablir la connection perdue avec MyHeritage!. Merci aussi pour la gentillesse et la patience de ma correspondante qui a résolu le problème!. C'est réconfortant de savoir qu'une équipe peut répondre à tous vos problèmes!.

rayyanr
3/12/19

I got very good assistance and service by a consultant there who names Moran. I was very disappointed in the beginning because my kit didn't come in one month and I got no feedback either so I didn't know what the problem was, but Moran clarified everything and assisted me.

viktorv11
3/12/19

Всё устраивает в программе, очень отличный сервис, но, к сожалению, многие жители Бларуси не могут позволить платные услуги из-за дороговизны!
Проблема ещё и в том, что у нас не очень развито и с детства не привито уважение к памяти предков, изучению своей семьи! Человек скорее будет гордиться родословной своей породистой собаки, не зная при этом ничего о своих предках и не интересуясь этим!
Остаётся только надеяться, что генеалогия со временем станет так же популярна, как и во всём остальном цивилизованном мире!

theresam206
3/12/19

I spoke with Owen(sp) on the phone. He was extremely helpful in solving my problem. In addition, he walked me through how to fix a duplication problem I had on my Family Tree. He was both knowledgeable and patient as I am not the most computer savvy person. He is an asset to your help line.

patrickb441
3/11/19

I originally picked my heritage just because they claimed to have a faster turnover time. It says 3-4 weeks. I mailed mine out. It took 3 weeks for them to "receive" it. Which means it sat there for 2+ weeks. Then after another 4.5 weeks of me checking daily excited to see my results I get an email telling me it'll be another 6-8 weeks. And now when I track the status of my dna is has gone backwards from raw data produced to microarray? Sp?. All excitement is gone and has been replaced with feeling let down. I'd rather a refund at this point. When I checked online if anyone else has this issue and it is very common apparently. Also I was unaware that my purchase doesn't cover what I thought it did. After 3-4 weeks has turned to 3-4 months they are gonna ask for more money to supply the information that I believed I had all ready paid for.

Response from MyHeritage S., MyHeritage Representative
Dear Patrick,

I'd like to personally assist you with any questions or frustrations you may have during the stages of your research.

Feel free to e-mail me directly at rafael.vipsupport@myheritage.com so I can help you with high priority.

Sincerely
Rafael
MyHeritage
artm66
3/10/19

I have used program for 4 years & love it. It is user friendly and allows for large amounts of data.

Tip for consumers: Well worth it.

debbieh263
3/9/19

We ordered 2 kits, one for my husband and one for myself as Christmas gifts. We received the kits and waited to do them in February with a 4 week turnaround as promised. We were notified they received it, and notified they were spinning it down to get the results, we would have them in about 4 weeks. 4 week date comes around and we get an email they are changing their system, it would be another 6 weeks. I called to confirm what I read and was told yes, at least another 6 weeks, very important update being done. Do they honestly believe we are going to believe the results they send us in another 6 weeks after we were told they were already processing our results and then told us they are changing programs. I have requested a refund. I get a standard reply, they will get back with me when they have time. Don't fall for the price, the service is the reason for the discounted price. We wasted $140.00, how people could actually give 5 stars is beyond me! Spend the extra money and get real people and real results. Run from this company.

Response from MyHeritage S., MyHeritage Representative
Dear Debbie,

I am sorry to see you are unhappy with your MyHeritage experience to date.

I apologize for the inconvenience of your results being delayed. I understand that you are awaiting your results and we are aiming to provide them to you as fast as we can. However, testing times may vary and the expected dates for the results are therefore estimates and do not represent a guaranteed delivery date.
We are currently upgrading the chip used for DNA analysis to a new and more advanced version. We are conducting this transition to the new chip with great care and diligence in order to provide you the most accurate results.

If you have any further questions regarding your kits feel free to email me at john.vipsupport@myheritage.com so I may be able to assist you.

John, MyHeritage Team
martineaub
3/6/19

My Heritage est une entreprise très sérieuse.
En cas de problème il est facile de les joindre par téléphone et ils sont très aimables et réactifs.
Par exemple, le kit ADN commandé n'était pas arrivé, un autre m'a été envoyé immédiatement.

ruthl125
3/6/19

I decided to put a star because I feel disappoint with MyHeritage's communication and customer service. They received my DNA test. On February 3/2019, I was initially given the preliminary date to receive the results between February 27 and March 2, today is March 6, and I just saw a notice on the page that is a little behind, and the delay is Extends for" only" a month and a half more, the new date of delivery of results is April 17. I have written emails without any answer. When calling the customer service numbers; it is almost impossible to speak with a representative.
For these reasons, I do not recommend using MyHeritage services. It is better to pay a little more and receive a good and timely service.

Response from MyHeritage S., MyHeritage Representative
Dear Ruth,

I regret to find you low star review.

If you have any further questions regarding your kit feel free to email me at shane.vipsupport@myheritage.com

Shane, MyHeritage Team
darlenes144
3/6/19

I ordered a kit Jan 7th 2019. I got an email say the results would be ready March 7th. March 6th I get informed the rest wonder be available until March 24 the through April 24th. Really??? 3 to 4 months waiting for results. Don't use myheritage!

Response from MyHeritage S., MyHeritage Representative
Dear Darlene,

I am sorry to find your low star review.

Shane, MyHeritage Team
oddj
3/6/19

I got the help that I asked for from a very nice and helpful person. The issue was solved in a very short time. I had other questions that was answered in a helpful way.
Odd Juel

neilf75
3/6/19

I had problems but I rang their support
I had problems but I rang their support line and they are dealing with my problem a very helpful man called stephen

veronicak32
3/6/19

Mark was very helpful today in getting my issue resolved. Although the phone wait was lengthy, I was happy with the results

wml11
3/6/19

I have had great success building my Family Tree on the MyHeritage.com website. Although I have used many genealogical websites, I use MyHeritage to built my tree because I believe it is the easiest to display not only the tree but also the information stored for each family member.

jennifert348
3/4/19

MyHeritage seems to be a rising star in
MyHeritage seems to be a rising star in the online genealogy world, and especially with its dedication to DNA and new tools for genetic genealogy. It has long baffled me why a company much larger and with greater resources cannot be as sharing with the data it has collected from subscribers as is MyHeritage.

Customer support has always been very responsive and highly effective. I look forward to MyHeritage rising in the ranks but hope it never forgets why it's here. The subscribers are just as important in the effort as the developers of the website -- together they make collaboration in genealogy work. Other companies, at least one I can think of, seems to have forgotten this.

Dr. JL Tooker

juditas
3/4/19

I ordered to DNA kits for my parents on 20. 12. 2018 and we activated them on 25.12. 2018 and shipped them to my heritage on 05. 01. 2019. We had no updates and no emails since that day.
I decided to call on 03. 03. 2019 to the UK support number since there is no Slovenian support. I was positively surprised since my call was answered within few minutes and female representative was extremely polite and professional. When i provided all the necessary information she said that the packages were probably lost on the way and she offered 2 new DNA kits for free as a replacement. I was positively surprised as i was not expecting this.
Two kits should arrive in few days :)
Will post update if next shipping is going to be a success.

My issue was the automatic renewal without any kind of courtesy reminder prior to the effective date, as other businesses do. Advising one year in advance is a poor business practice. When I contacted them immediately on the renewal effective date, they refused to cancel and offered me a 25% discount. They eventually gave me the full refund but it was due to me turning it over to AMEX to resolve. I do however agree with the advice to base your renewal on your own personal experience.

By A H.

Make sure if able to Export and save file as GEDCOM. This can be used in almost all Genealogy software. I had to contact CEO office, before any refund of funds taken from my account returned. The escalation team, then ended my involvement, but note Still being harassed by emails, pop-ups???

By Claire W.

I have both, and I prefer the Family Tree Builder program Heritage provides (it's easier for me to use). I also like the photo albums feature, the layout of the "tree" and a number of other features. Ancestry has good databases, but Heritage does, as well. Although most databases overlap, sometimes one site will have a better search system to access the databases. Also, I think that if you want all the high end features, Heritage costs less.

By William Z.

By Julija L.

Dear Susan, Thank you for posting your question to us here on SiteJabber. I agree with Sandra in that you should write to the support team from your registered email address to support@myheritage.com and a friendly representative will be in contact with you at the first available moment. Trusting this has proven useful. Kind Regards, Dean, MyHeritage Team.

By MyHeritage S., MyHeritage Representative

Dear Jonathan and fellow users, In regards to the FTB not working, I may have found a solution, please follow these directions. Please right click on the FTB icon on your desktop, and click on 'Properties': Once you have opened the 'Properties' menu then click on the 'Compatibility' tab: If the field "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" is checked, and it says below "Windows 7", uncheck the box. Please let me know if this has solved the issue. Should this not work for you then please get in touch with the support team at support@myheritage.com from your registered MyHeritage email address and a friendly representative will help you at the first available moment. Kind Regards, Dean, MyHeritage Team.

By MyHeritage S., MyHeritage Representative

Julija L. A: Probbably you should like to know what are additional charges - described on MyHeritage site: Help Center > Account and Subscriptions > Subscriptions Whats the difference between a FAMILY SITE SUBSCRIPTION and a DATA SUBSCRIPTION? A Family Site Subscription (Premium or PremiumPlus) entitles you to increased storage on your family site for people in the family tree, photos, videos and documents. A Data Subscription entitles you with the access to billions of historical records in all the collections in SuperSearch. You also get unlimited access to Record Matches, including confirming and rejecting matches, if you have a family tree on MyHeritage.com. In addition, you can save and extract information from historical records you find in SuperSearch or get with Record Matches directly to your family tree.

By Julija L.

You know, I think the best way to ask anything at all is to send an email to support@myheritage.com which spells out your grievance or difficulty. I have invariably found the team to be respectful of my complaints or difficulties and to give easy-to-understand answers. I always feel respected. If you want to withdraw from the programme they will tell you how to do so. If you need more support and clarity, they will take great pains to explain. I don't think the system sets out to get the better of their customers, but they are, of course, in the process of making money out of their service. It is, after all a business, but if it does not suit your needs, no-one can force you to stay in the game. Best wishes, with your query!

By Denice W.

Dear Carolyn, Thank you for posting a question here on SiteJabber. I would like for you to as advised contact me directly at support@myheritage.com from your registered email address and also place my name within the subject of the email to ensure that you are forwarded directly to me. I will be more than happy to assist you with any questions or problems you may have. Looking forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards, Dean, MyHeritage Team.

By MyHeritage S., MyHeritage Representative

I believe a direct ancestor is someone without whom you would not be here. All your other ancestors are indirect.

By William Z.
Questions? Get answers from the MyHeritage staff and other customers.

MyHeritage?