Review of PeopleFinders

Tel: 9046250155
mystory@peoplefinders.com

monaf15
2/5/19

SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck SuSuckSuSuck

bobg270
12/13/18

For what they charge and claim to provide it's the most inaccurate bogus report I've ever seen. I ran this on my son (47 yo) and they couldn't even get his name correct. Most of the rest of his info was also incorrect. Shows him married in one section but then shows him as never being married. I'm guessing trained monkeys could do a better job.

ps if you go to cancel after you've joined and paid they don't tell you there's a cancellation fee on top of everything else....

Tip for consumers: Just don't

kathyc333
11/16/18

Unethical company - I plan to file a legal complaint - charging my card 29.95 and 24.95 per month for 6 months without me authorizing - I don't even know what this company does. I might have to get a new charge card number - this is stealing.

ginnyz1
10/31/18

Sign up for trial membership .95 cents. Did not even come close to finding who I was looking for. I immediately cancelled my membership (about 15 minutes after I did not get results - 1 name). When I received my credit card statement I was billed as follows.
.95 cents, $2.95, and $5.95 I immediately called People Finders, rep was not helpful so I asked to speak with supervisor. of course, supervisor was not available. Left message said get back to me in 48 hours or 2 business days. Over a week now and no call back.
THIS WEBSITE IS A SCAM. i DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS MEMBERSHIP!.

katharinej1
9/27/18

Completely unacceptable horrible scamming company do not waste your time customer service is a joke they do not supply you anything besides the name and phone number. I absolutely cannot believe that this business exist with how they speak to their customers avoid at all costs!

jordanc101
7/21/18

Don't waste your money - little information and they deceive you and make you pay more to cancel the membership....Can only blame myself for being so stupid to order this....

lynnh147
6/25/18

I was billed $9.95 for a premium account that I did not authorize. Tried to call them and could not resolve. I have now disputed with my bank. And, I did not get anything on the report because they don't even report specific divorces/marriage info in my state! Ditch these guys quick.

taram101
4/30/18

I selected a .95 one time fee to display the owner of a phone. People finder provided a fake name that I validated through state and county databases and refused to provide a full report. I immediately realized I was scammed, and cancelled. They charged me $2.95 to cancel. I emailed them and KC responded stating I agreed to the charge when I opted for a 'free trial membership' I did not opt for the membership and have screenshots showing such. The $2.95 cancellation fee only applied to membership selections. They refused to refund. I found they also hide a "LIMITED GUARANTEE" on their site basically stating they can provide you inaccurate information and you still have to pay. I've filed complaints for false and deceptive advertising practices with the FTC, CFPB and BBB. I hope it was worth the $3, PeopleFinders, AKA Confi-Check!

peggyb69
4/6/18

They gave me a Mary instead of a Mark, and ALL these alias`s . Tons of B.S.!!
I can`t believe this is actually a place that can be on the web to make $.
I am so angry I`m calling the B.B.B on them.

dorothyp30
2/28/18

Checking out my informational today. I noticed the information said I had been evicted from a address that is my home which I make monthly payments on. But it has another town and zip. 800-718-8997 customer service representative said it cannot be corrected.
They have another man that has filed bankruptcy 19 times and he is 66 years old. Gee did he start filing at birth? The list goes on.
The customer service representative insisted the information is entered as received. Is in not possible the human error could be their end.
On the upside somethings are correct. Like the spelling of my name.

joef124
2/22/18

Be sure to read the fine print. I did a one tome.95 cents search and did not cancel within 3 days and they debited my account $24.95. If I could rate less than one star, it would be minus 25. They are, in my opinion, nothing but a scam to get your money.

mylac2
1/27/18

Their results are ridiculous. About all you get is a bunch of antiquated phone numbers and a relative list that may go ad-infinitum but is shaky at best. As far as further information, I could have provided more accurate info for criminal records just by going to free case lookups on the city, county and state court websites. Cases may have come up, but everything was "not available" or "not provided" for even dates. It is ridiculous. People known to have been married and divorced show no records for this search area. You will end up with a big zilch or inaccurate information. Now... on to charges. Besides promising the world and then asking for more money if you want to get the FULL report once you are in, beware their charges. I understand that now you can actually reach customer service, but when I called in Feb of 2017, you only got an automated message telling you how to cancel your account on their website. I followed it, got to "cancel account" and clicked on it. That was the ONLY option. It said it would cancel at the end of the month. It did cancel the $19.95 (not $9.95) monthly charge for Peoplefinders. However, it kept charging me $24.99/mo for "CKF*PF Awards" for another 9 months with no recourse but a recording telling me the same thing-how to cancel my account on the website. Now they claim they have a real customer service line, but I never got to speak to a real person. They changed the website so that now you can cancel ALL of your accounts (up to FOUR!) I never subscribed to a monthly "PF Awards" account, I just paid extra the first time to get the "FULL REPORT" and got stuck in Purgatory. I finally got to cancel it as they actually have more options than a simple "cancel account" as they had before. I am still trying to reach a real person to get my money back for those 9 months. Wish me luck!! Stay away from this useless waste of space on the Internet. Pay a reputable licensed company that does background checks. They are out there in great numbers. So, I lived and learned AGAIN. I am getting too old to be so gullible. RESEARCH anyone you want to do business with and you may find this. Thousands of complaints and warnings. I wish I had. Have a great day and I hope you find who you are looking for!! :O)

carolc160
1/12/18

First they charge for a trial which is okay but then they charge you to cancel!! Of course, no mention of that at the beginning. This company is a scam! My dad had a listed phone number and he died in 2001. I did supposedly find the people I was searching for but only to find that the phone numbers were completely bogus. My husband died last year and he was listed as alive and his phone number was one we had about 20years ago before getting cells. Dont waste your money! Im hoping they acknowledge my cancellation and dont charge my credit card for more services.

matthewm190
12/5/17

Signed up and found service totally useless. Was charged for an additional service that I did not request. Do not use this service.

donc106
10/13/17

You have been warned! DO NOT give them your credit card number. If you have already given them your credit card number, call your Credit Card issuer and block them for charges. Continue to monitor your account because they are likely to change the Merchant Number. BEWARE!!

monicam111
10/2/17

I was happy because I got the phone number i wanted, until I discovered it was not in service. I know this person HAS an active phone number.

carla575
9/4/17

This company like other companies selling private information needs to be shut down. They are illegal and cost the American elderly millions in scams being done from information found on their sites. Google search selling private information without consent.Please file a complaint with the Stas Attorneys offices for these companies H.Q.'s it;s the only way we can shut them down.

putinr
8/29/17

TOTAL RIP OFF THEY DONT EVEN HAVE THE RIGH INFORMATION THEY WILL KEEP YOUR CREDICARD ON FILE WITHOUT YOUR AUTHORIZATION!!

shelleyg19
8/14/17

TERRIBLE SITE. OLD NOT UP TO DATE!!! I WAS SEARCHING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN DEAD @ YEARS AGO. The guy on the phone told me they do not update deaths at all but they don't tell you that! They just tell you that you may have to go to the vital office. NICE WAY TO STEAL YOUR $$$

williams815
8/10/17

I used this service once. They claimed a one time fee for a single search. What they dont tell you is that while you sign up to usea sigle search, you are being signed up for a regular membership that they charge $24.95 each month, listed on your bank or charge card statement as CFK*PEOPLEFINDERS 800-7188997 CA. In addition, you get signed up, without your knowledge or specific approval, for another service for $24.99 per month, listed as CFK*PF REWARDS 800-7188997 CA.

They then charge you those fees each and every month. I called them to cancel last month. They refunded one charge, but not the other. This month, what do I find? The same two charges again on my statement.

Steer away from this site, like the plague.

juleek1
7/24/17

I just bought a one time background check on my x husband of 20 years. I made sure I was buying it for the right person and once I received it there was so much inaccurate information on it that I knew was inaccurate since I was married to him for so long. Even arrest records in states he has never been to. Thankfully I put it on my Amex since they are great at fighting disputes for you esp when you are a loyal customer but the representative at People Finder said with a smile in her tone that it does state in the terms and conditions you may not get accurate information. I don't mind paying for what I think I am buying. I did not receive what I should of. Their info is not up to date or accurate. Dont' waste your money with them.

ls184
7/14/17

I had someone contact me from an unknown number and I wanted to make sure I was aware of who it was. So I did sign up for the trial and I do understand that the wording is there that says if you don't cancel you'll be charged X amount.

That in itself is a money trap. Of course I was just hours late of canceling and while looking for a way to cancel the membership it advertised to me to look at my own background check. I clicked on that and didn't realize I'd be charged $30 for just looking! I didn't even get a report.

Why would I not own my own information anyway!!! It's MY background check you don't think I should have the power to remove that? I called to remove my service and cancel my account and I nicely requested a reimbursement which was promptly denied.
My advice, just don't even use the service. It's an absolute money trap and not worth a single penny.

davidm682
7/14/17

Signed up for service today. Completed several searches. Results seemed incorrect, so searched phone numbers of people I knew. They too came back incorrect... all of which had been owned by a friend/family member for 5+ years. When I attempted to cancel membership, was charged a $2 95 cancellatarion fee. Spoke to customer service rep, she refused to reverse fee. Even though the information I obtained through the service was incorrect. Totally bogus! Buyer beware!o

timk87
7/9/17

Before you sign up there is a place on their webpage that says it is very easy to cancel. Just login to your account, go to home, go to account, scroll down and click cancel my account. BUT... after you sign up and login and go to Home and my account, there isn't any "cancel my account" to click. Very frustrating.
Had to call my credit card company, etc. Gave them a 2 because I did find the info I was looking for. But take heed to the reviews!

bretts47
7/5/17

I don't understand the low reviews. The interface isn't pretty, but it does a pretty good job. Seems better than intelius and spokeo in my usage, but pipl seems to have a larger database. I may subscribe again. The thing with people finders is that you have to cancel your account and then they offer about ~40% off per month to stay. It is definitely not a scam. I used it to find quite a few people.

Questions? Get answers from the PeopleFinders staff and other customers.

3 Photos for PeopleFinders