Review of MyGov.com.au

MyGov.com.au reviews

SITE CLOSED

ryanw222
2/3/19

Disgusting. What an abomination. Get real. Whoever made this site should be immediately sacked. The services are unbelievably poor. You can't phone them. They are unprofessional, unhelpful useless.

jackl229
1/12/19

MyGov is the worst abomination of a website I have ever seen. It in my opinion is purposefully designed in a manner to infuriate users every step of the way. I have never been more frustrated using any site ever created than this piece of crap system designed by a heavily corrupted government. I loathe this country and all it does to its vulnerable people. Just another destructive government who likes to turn it's people into mince meat.

unknownu31
1/2/19

I totally agree with the reviews below it may be needed for some acess however we all know its for prying eyes to which in a way i understand as people get ripped of.However answer the phones instead of running my bill up would be a great start...Not waiting for aleast 1 hr if more.

garyc366
10/24/18

Delete app by mistake and you are locked out, nil recovery, pathetic, 20 minutes on the phone trying to get it fixed, hung up in disgust

julied235
10/22/18

Other people aswel as myself have found that even after creating a mygov account and having the new password new & fresh in your mind, try to log in with our password . . . . . .
It will NOT let us log in, no matter how many time you check, and knowing 100% that the password entered is correct, for some stupid reason mygov returns with the wrong password error. Then only giving you 3 tries, mygov then gives you the error message saying that your mygov account is now locked, you need to create another account, What an inconvience!
This seems to happen to everyone I know thats tried to log in to mygov, it gives me the impression that its done on purpose, and I have always known from a previous Centrelink worker that everything is set up in a way to put people off applying for centrelink payments.

mandye20
10/15/18

My Gov is supposed to be user friendly and efficient to use. It is far from that! After incorrect password attempt was suspended for 2 hours. Why does it have to wait 2 hours ? When we now have a 6 digit code that can be accessed on your phone app (which incidentally only gives 30 secs to use!) - must be punishment from the government to stop being able to get on with you day (in time out for 2 hours) then when you log back in - you would think you are given a chance to try your password again or say 'I forgot my password" but no!! Either of those 2 attempts say -"your account is permanently blocked - you must create a new account" then to that - you need all your important papers dragged out of your filing cabinet - so I breathe a deep breath and get them and start answering questions to link what service I need (c/link). But still no luck cause here come the questions
Bank details (Chk) super details (Chk) ATO and date of issue of the actual letter (Chk) oldest child name (Chk) and details (Chk) youngest child name and crn (Chk) now here is the trick booby prize question & remember if you don't answer - you can't proceed - what is the receipt number of the last time you called Centrelink ? (OMG I didn't write down down as never though I would need to refer a last conversation with c/link) ??? Who writes this number and stores it in case you lose your myGov account? This is bureacracy gone mad!!! My only way to resolve this issue is to call the hotline (wait my 1 hr to get through and get assistance to get a linking code but caution, as u still have to go through all above questions again but with exception to that receipt number because they can see it , and low and behold before you link Centrelink ; you have to unlink another service like ATO first , then once c/link is linked the adviser will tell you they can help you re-establish you ATO link and now you have to call them and then child support to get different linking codes again so those services can be re-established!

When c/link is linked then after a 2 hour time out wait; then over 2 hours to re-establish your MY GOV account - it then will take you all of -10 secs to confirm the child care centre enrolment where your children go to, simply so they can be paid through the child care rebate !

Or the hell is responsible for this system and why are our taxes being allowed to be wasted on such inefficiencies ? How do the elderly people cope with this load of rubbish?

The people who approved this system for general use ought to be totally embarrassed and ashamed ! As a consumer and citizen of this country ; this is the worst I have ever seen In Terms of a government IT systems : c/link systems included!

I agree with other comments ; if this were the private sector , no one would put up with b/s. The people who are in high paid government positions have an absolute responsibly to ensure our Taxes are not wasted on this type of rubbish; you have failed as this system is useless!! You ought to be publicly shamed for your incompetence.

karenm814
9/20/18

I have used the mygov website and managed ok.
Tried a couple of times to use it today and have found it to be the most awkward site I have ever used.
If you want to look up more than one thing, too bad you can't go back or home.
Opening on my mobile phone was a chore and a half - couldn't do it at the Dr today but managed after several attempts after I got home.
I can't even workout why when i go to open the ap I get a code to copy, then how to get to the page to put the code in when there's no sign in page tab.....
Get your act together my gov, I certainly hope you didn't waste taxpayers money on this crap

benl149
9/18/18

Unable to link any accounts due to frequent changes of address, even calling them direct they are unable to link my services together. Should not be my responsibility to individually link all my services together. Do they not have records of this? Website design is also difficult for me to use, a tech savvy individual, I have no idea how an older person would be able to navigate a website such as this.

nebojsag
9/11/18

Doesn't even deserve a one star. The worst web site i have ever seen in my entire life.
Not user friendly at all...

jayg140
9/9/18

First signed up for MyGov in 2016 and have not successfully linked 1 service to date. Get on the phone to update details with 1 service to try and link on my account, but because details dont match what they have on their system they tell me I need to call the MyGov help desk. Call the MyGov help desk and they say I need to update details with the service I am trying to link!! Ended up hanging up the phone and deleting the MyGov account all together.

nickc183
8/7/18

I am an IT security professional and if a private sector online service was as poorly designed as MyGov no-one would use it. It is incomprehensibly inconvenient without adding extra security. It seems the Government would prefer no-one used it. I understand why they do not want Centrelink users and those seeking Tax returns to successfully make contact, but it is the Governments job to provide usable services and it has failed here.

Tip for consumers: If you plan to change your mobile number, get in touch with all Government agencies while you still have access to your old number, otherwise you will spend hours on the phone and online to try and co-ordinate the change. You will likely need a new MyGov account and have to link all services again.

danielf219
8/5/18

impossible to use.. forced to use it for tax return, yet will no accept my credentials, thus i need to get on a phone for 2 HOURS to get a code to access only the account which is BROKEN, drop down boxes dont have a scroll function,. meaning you better hope what you need is on the page already.. mines not.. how does this site exist?! i could get some kids at my uni to create a more usable site in MINUTES..

geoffc28
8/3/18

You would need a degree in I.T. to even try to create an account for my Gov, absolute waste of time & effort ,

mikek377
7/29/18

absolutely appalling. Been in IT for over 30 years. This is the worse website I have ever seen. Trying to log in is practically impossible, if I was a cynic I would say it was deliberate in order to not let you access the site. Never in my entire career have I seen something so bad. The authors of this site and the Government should hold their heads in shame.

brettc59
7/24/18

A so called necessary change to MyGov but you cannot even complete simple tasks, know it is mandatory to use MyGov site yet it fails to work and completely unreliable ....

elizabethc393
7/24/18

Attempting to navigate this site to place a Medicare claim has been one of the most frustrating things I have ever encountered. Nothing on the site works. I tried a dozen times by filling out their forms, answering questions, shutting down then recreating an account 3 times in an attempt to finally get it working for me. After one and a half hours online trying to get it working I gave up. An absolute nightmare. Can only imagine how frustrating it must be for elderly people trying to navigate. Utterly infuriating.

brucem218
7/24/18

what a complete and total joke. Why is no-one held to account for this crap? can it get any worse? and how many millions did this cost? what do you have to say minister?

tm195
7/12/18

This is probably the worst website known to man!! You can never access anything you need to create new accounts and when you try you can even do that... It is utterly ridiculous!!! They should really think about making the site more user friendly!!!

terryh262
7/1/18

I have been using this site for 3 months after injuring myself at work. Every fortnight when I try to lodge my form, the system is down. I can barely walk yet I then have to call a taxi (for $35) and then make my way down to the Centrelink office. I feel for the elderly who have to put up with this. What a horrible service.

marees7
6/14/18

I have tried 3 times to link centrelink with my gov now I have to go into centrelink tomorrow to reactivate my centrelink account because my gov $@#& up.

melk27
2/16/18

It's not just useless, it's dangerous - I've deleted my account but I'm still nervous that my personal details could be exposed on a database somewhere, people capable of producing something so bad are unlikely to have good security in place.

lisar289
1/29/18

Im an in desperate need to get into it but cant. Makes me go through a security protocal and then i need my mobile number which doesnt even get the code that mygov apparently sends. Load of $#*!ing $#*! $#*! you $#*!s

waynea25
1/12/18

the new mygov is $#*!, it took my 45 minutes to sign in and still can't report. you fixed that wasn't broken, centrelink express was the best no stuffing about

kellyt91
1/1/18

This website is the biggest load of $#*! I've had to deal with!!! Nothing ever works properly!! Have just had to set up 3 different accounts and still got blocked from each attempt because my answers to questions are supposedly incorrect!! The government should be ashamed of itself!! Not going to bother using it ever again!!!

emilym125
4/5/17

I have had to make an account since I am now over 16 and my mother now can't access my details and records and when I attempted to make the account I discovered what a collosal piece of $#*! this website is. I set up the account and made three security questions with fairly easy answers. Less than two minutes later I had to answer them to log-in and yet for all five attempts they allowed me for the three questions I was told the answer's were wrong. This is bull$#*!. I had written the answers for these questions just a couple minutes ago and I am 100% sure on the spelling and capitalisation of my answers and yet I was repeatedly told that they were not the answers I had provided. This is bull$#*!. They force me to make an account so that I can actually access my records and yet they do this therefore making it impossible. I am unsure whether this occurred simply because I attempted to make the account on my iPhone but I will attempt to do it again later on my laptop. Even if it is simply because I was trying to do it on my phone that would be ridiculous as not everyone has access to a computer and in our day and age literally everyone uses a phone. If that is the issue then it really needs to be fixed because it's the stupidest waste of time I've ever been subjected to.

Questions? Get answers from the MyGov.com.au staff and other customers.

2 Photos for MyGov.com.au