Review of Mint

care@bills.mint.com
2018 Customer choice award

michaels1884
11/24/18

Mint.com seemed to be the answer to my prayers. Simple to use, automatically updates and connects with my checking, credit card accounts. Nine days ago I noticed none of my Citi credit card activity was being reported. I went to Customer Service, available only by Chat. Yesterday I was told "Connectivity for Citibank accounts in Mint is temporarily unavailable at this time. We expect connectivity to be restored soon, please check back again later." Chatted again today, got the same exact message. Looking online, this seems to be an ongoing recurring problem between Mint.com and Citi.

helenm123
9/29/18

I can't recommend this app because it displays only 1 credit score from 1 credit bureau, persistently tracks payments and debits in one's account up to a point but does not keep accurate records of which bank account and which card, in the case of multiple cards and accounts. On occasion, they also display unsolicited offers for loans and supposedly "free" money which likely are scams or lead to trouble. I would use Personal Capital instead though they do not have an app, they have a resident financial advisor who helps with retirement planning and investment decisions. Intuit owns and collects information using the Mint website and app, so Intuit could assert nearly anything to the IRS using the collected data. Be careful.

Tip for consumers: Block access to apps from your logged in webpage in the bank website after using and removing this app from your phone.

sophial32
5/13/18

I really love this app!! This app really helps me manage and let me track my savings easily.
I am also able to connect my bank and cards which is very convenient. (Heart)

sandyc14
2/18/18

The app is useful and user friendly. Integrates easily with a lot of platforms. However, no phone number to contact Customer Service and staff absolutely incompetent, I mean ABSOLUTELY.

elizabethe75
2/12/18

I am preparing to meet my accountant and noticed that transactions in 2 accounts are getting mixed together at Mint and I was told they cannot help me because they can only do 3 months back. I spent so much time sending screen shots of everything they ask for but they always come back and say it is too late. Am I supposed to delete each and every item and input manually in the other account!!!! I might as well just use an excel file. I don't know if they know what they are doing. I used the app for 3 years and this is the first time it happened.

bonniec72
2/3/18

I have used Mint for over 5 years. It is a very convenient place to see all of your accounts and bills. Unfortunately, 2 of my investment companies can no longer be synced with it but found a workaround with tech support to resolve all of my issues and have a much more accurate estimate of my net worth. It is very handy for keeping track of all of my numerous bills and due dates. I highly recommend Mint.

rubenm62
7/21/17

This company is horrible at deleting data. I have been assured all of my data was removed and i would no longer receive emails but have continued to receive emails, and even though i deleted my account three times and had tech support delete it twice, my account still somehow exists. I would highly recommend not signing up for this service at all unless you expect to be a life long user.I personally do not trust them to handle data any more.

miraget
2/24/17

Mint is useful to get an idea of all your accounts in one place and see your financial standing. The free credit score is a good perk, but is quite common.

So, you end up giving Intuit literally all the information that you don't even share with your closest friends. What do you get in return? Unfortunately little. It's little more than an organization software that a savvy person can do using excel. The "advice" etc. that it offers are actually sales pitches. It tries to categorize transactions for you, but doesn't learn quickly. You may correct the transaction category 5 times, and still it won't learn.

The budget tool is not useful to me at all...Somehow, it captures only a part of my spending and I will end up spending twice what I have budgeted for, and yet Mint keeps showing that I'm under budget.

Login issues are the worst with Mint / TurboTax / Intuit. They have no provision for linking accounts. If you use a different e-mail address in anyone of the associated software, it will prevent you from logging in anywhere else.

All-in-all, I think my life will be better off without Intuit.

johnd554
4/27/16

They say that orders are process within 48 hours. Well 4 days later they still cannot tell me is item has or is going to be shipped. You if they only gave the impression to really want to help or be human this would be different. Instead I get sorry we will send it when we do. Uneducated and frankly un-human people working there. They really have the skill in customer service of a piece of furniture. $#*! a common criminal would have more education and customer service skills.

jacobf28
3/21/16

I have been using Mint.com now for 3 years and can personally attest to the fact that, not only is it 100% safe and 100% free, but it also provides its users with unrivaled value when it comes to first-glance data about their account standings and regular spending. I used to manually track every single one of my transactions by hand into other programs and, although this is still the best thing to do to teach you financial discipline, it gets very difficult as your transactions continue to pile up. Mint.com is the BEST Program that automates this tedious task!

kimberlye10
11/27/15

Once I found the services were connected, I tried to use one password for all the accounts. It never worked despite I reset the password many times. I have, since then, not been able to even use Mint, Intuit, or Turbo tax. Jest cannot get it.
Very frustrated.

ronyk
8/23/15

Love it

andrews143
7/29/15

I have multiple bank accounts, student loans, a mortgage, credit cards and investment accounts. Mint was great when I started 3 years ago (pre-Intuit). My main checking account with a mid-market bank in California has been disconnected for over a year.. so any budgeting in Mint is out the window. The student loans have not updated for months - Mint says high-traffic volume is permitting them from accessing the data. Now it can't connect to my e-bay account and major credit card. I'm about to throw in the towel. I'm spending more time trying to fix connections than anything else, and without my main bank account connected, there's not much to look at.

jons83
4/1/15

Good app for budgeting. I haven't tried the other apps that do the same thing otu, so I can only comment on my experience with mint.com. Does a decent job of keeping track of your purchases for you. Not for everyone, if people are paranoid about their personal information elsewhere, they are going to be pretty against giving access to something like this to their finances. But it seems secure to me, i've always been comfortable. My major complaints with this service, occaisionally misses a purchase, for whatever reason, and that throws everything off. And it does take some manual work, the automatic categorization is iffy at times. As much as I'd like to consider drinks at a bar as "pharmaceutical," just can't seem to justify it when it comes to my finances.

paulad14
4/1/15

I started using Mint 1 month ago,then with making password changes,I could no longer log in, I asked for help but they just send email to reset password, when I tried that a window pop-up up saying Lets Do This, I tried entering password couldn't get in its been that way for 3 weeks now. Just yesterday I was sent an e-mail saying they billed my Capitol one Card for $9.00 IT ISN'T FREE !!! I also found out there is no Customer Service phone number to straighten out any issues, now I want to delete my account and having one hell of a time because I can't log into Mint.and i m not getting anymore email from mint to resolve this.

caitlins6
3/25/15

jimw64
3/9/15

Mint.com is owned and run by Intuit, a little company with some experience in the tax and investment arena. (TurboTax, Quicken, QuickBooks, business marketing and management, etc.)
The only similar website/app pairing in this department I've used is PageOnce.com, which focuses more on bill tracking and general web login aggregation.

timothyb45
3/5/15

hankt4
2/20/15

My wife and I have been using mint.com for over a year and it's really helping us track our personal expenses. This is a great tool to help you manage your personal financial goals.

susiel7
2/10/15

SECURITY ISSUE: I recently received an email from Mint.com at my personal email address with a weird transaction from Bank of America. Out of curiosity, I logged into Mint with my personal email address and realized with shock that I was looking at someone else's account with their cash balance, bank information and credit information. I contacted Mint immediately and expressed concern about their security. My email wasn't returned until the next day where they asked me for a ton of information (screen shots, list of bank accounts, etc.). I was like - "hey, I contacted you out of mere courtesy. It's your job to fix the problem and I'm not spending more of my time helping you fix your security issues."

The major flaw in Mint is when users sign up and set their email address as the log-in, Mint does not verify the email address is actually their email address. So I'm getting emails from Mint for some poor woman from Fort Worth, TX. Wherever you are Fort Worth, TX woman, no one stole your account - you just typed in the wrong email address. Most internet product companies have email verification. Why not Mint?

edwards50
8/5/14

I feel like Credit Sesame helps me more with long-term finances because it helps me improve my credit score, whereas Mint helps me more with day-to-day/short-term finances. Thoughts?

stephanien3
4/21/14

I am like many Americans and don't have a budget. I started using Mint and am now realizing that I spend much more than I thought I did. Hopefully it will help me keep my spending in check. The only down side is that you have to get use to the annoying ads (for credit cards and such).

blakel4
4/17/14

I think Mint.com is one of the best sites on the internet. Mint.com is a powerful tool for individuals to take charge of and manage their personal finances. Mint.com takes the complex, sometimes daunting task of managing your money and makes it easy, streamlined, and even a little fun! Mint has helped me to set and achieve goals of paying off credit cards and creating an emergency savings fund. Mint.com takes all of your financial information from a variety of sources and organizes it in a way that makes the information useful so you know what is happening with your money. Mint also makes personalized recommendations of ways to save and earn more money. If you are ready to take charge of your financial future, Mint.com is a great place to start!

samanthae2
2/7/14

I love mint. It's a really good budgeting tool, and it talks really well with my credit cards. I can see where I am in terms of spending easily, without having to use my credit cards web site. That being said, it does NOT talk well with my investment accounts. It often signs me out of them for days on end before letting me know that it can no longer speak to it. Very frustrating!

scottj20
1/10/14

When I decided it was time to get serious about my finances, I went to Mint.com. I linked my bank account and my Paypal account to them and they've been helping me keep track of my money every since. I get alerts when my balances get low. I can set up budgets and so much more from their website. I also love to use their tablet app to keep track of my money on the go.

39 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Mint staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Mint