MimoTEK

MimoTEK has a consumer rating of 1.14 stars from 21 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. MimoTEK ranks 476th among Electronics sites.

How would you rate MimoTEK?

“Useless Customer Service”

Colin N.
6/29/20

Cancelled my payment ( according to the bank), I tried contacting them by telephone ( not working) SMS ( no response) and email ( no response) to try and sort out a payment. Then they started sending messages threatening legal action, so I raised a new order and paid this and told them this. Hopefully I'll never deal with them again. Goods are fine but not worth the hassle of dealing with them, other suppliers sell similar goods.

colinn27
June 29th, 2020
lewism136
July 22nd, 2020
I returned a laptop to this company following buying a mobile phone from them the same time l bought a laptop from a different supplier
I got mixed up with the addresses and send a wrong product to them via Royal mail signed for. This product was receiving to them and l have send numerous email and calls and no one responds.
louisem227
April 30th, 2020
Not giving any stars!
Bought an Iphone and when it arrived it was locked to another Apple ID - can't communicate with anyone and they have rejected a refund. Just lost £400 as the phone is no good to me. Avoid Mimotek at all costs - totally $#*!.
baileyl38
April 27th, 2020
So I ordered a Samsung tab a 2019 10.1 and for the first few weeks we weren't kept up to date with the status of our order even though it was expected to arrive within a week. Eventually we were told many times that our order was delayed due to the virus and the royal mail not being able to pick our item up. Eventually the tablet arrived but had paint covering the model number and IMEI number. Eventually the paint came off revealing a large scratch on the bottom of the tablet. It was a bit strange but other than that it works flawlessly. I'm not sending it back because I'm not waiting another month for a replacement so I'll just get a case... So if you are wondering why they aren't keeping you updated stay patient they will send it out eventually
euanm8
April 14th, 2020
Poor at every aspect, sales, communication, customer services, and still haven't deliver outstanding item.
Raising tickets every time you wish to communicate with them, rather than enter additionally info or having option to respond slows process further.

Tip for consumers: Don't. Save yourself a headache.

dana251
April 29th, 2020
Poor customer service. Lied to about delivery dispatch. Never received item. MimoTek refused to refund or even look into it as is their job to do. Scammed out of £150 - AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
rachelw333
April 30th, 2020
Sadly after delayed delivery date and had already waited 3 weeks for the ps4, it didn't arrive, I chased it many times and it took sometimes days to get a reply, in the end they cancelled the order and took 16 days and a lot of chasing to get my money back. Caused me a lot of stress. Their communication could be so much better
alanw411
April 29th, 2020
No email confirmation of purchase, cannot access account, no reset password emails, phone not answered, no response to email, item not delivered. Will have to go through credit card for refund. Reporting to trading standards. Company is a scam.
ianm409
July 17th, 2020
Sorry but i can't go any lower with stars this company will rip you off i bought £6,000 in electronic goods but did not receive it have now started court proceedings
They are now trading as mimotek or tekshopz so stay well clear please believe me I know
trevorq6
July 27th, 2020
Scam company do not use them. I order a jet ski engine off them. Took my money 860 euros never hear a word from them after. *******@gmail.com mimotek Engines Indonesia.
nigelw44
June 23rd, 2020
DO NOT buy from this company as they don't deliver that which is advertised at the point-of-sale. Customer care is non existent, they don't answer the phone nor emails and I wouldn't trust them to give me my money back. Consequently, I have bought a phone with the wrong accessories to charge it and headphones with the wrong connection which means that it would have been cheaper to buy a new phone from a reputable dealer. If I could have written a review with zero star rating I would have. I'm contacting Trading Standards and going to pursue redress through the small claims court.
juliab521
April 10th, 2020
This company sells faulty products and doesn't reply to emails when asking for a refund. The owner is obviously a complete scumbag who is happy stealing from people and has a long track record.
virgilc34
June 4th, 2020
No good firm no give me 350 £ refound back. Now i have 2 months still weight. I receve same message every day like robott.no bay never again from this site
igorm51
August 6th, 2020
Avoid this $#*!ty company. They come in different names selling different products from electronics to jetski engines. Wish I had seen reviews before being such an idiot and wiring money. That's what happens I guess when you really need something and just hope for the best. Not in this world no more always remember people are pieces of $#*!s and dont give a crap about you. This $#*!hole indonesia country can burn itself stealing money. How about you go work for a change bunch of scam artists avoid anything with the name mimotek or anything else they call themselves in the future. I would sure love to fly to that address and beat the crap out of all of em. They even sent me proof of legal documents and licenses claiming they were legit. Pricks
adaml462
December 2nd, 2020
ALL items are open box items. This is written in the terms and conditions (point 6), but no where else on the website or on the product description. So when I opened my phone, it all looked fine until I turned it over and the back is heavily scratched, I called to ask for a refund and this is where the fun began. Because their shopping cart is basic, there is no option for a separate billing and delivery address. So, if like me, you had the phone delivered to your work address and you typed in the name of the company, they class it as Business to Business Purchase and it gets invoiced to the company. Therefore you have very limited recourse to return it. Distance selling regulations do NOT apply.
BEWARE!
davidg2456
May 14th, 2020
Ordered a Samsung S10e white but received a black model instead.
I notified Mimotek on 30rh April to inform them of their mistake which I thought would be simple to rectify.
Tried to call but no answer, so raised a ticket which is supposed to be answered in 48 hours.
It is now 15th May and I am still waiting for a response as advised.
I have sent several follow up emails offering two straightforward options:
1) Exchange my black phone for the white one i ordered, or
2) I return the phone for a full refund
Simples! But still no response.
Their customer service is non-existent, communication zero and concern for their reputation lamentable.
I wish I had seen these reviews before and dealt with a professional and reputable company.
In the absence of any response I seem to have no other option but to take further action.
carolynv60
April 28th, 2020
I was a bit unsure whether to order from here because a few of their reviews online were reported by themselves i. E. they tried to delete them. However at that point in time, there wasnt much online about them (theres loads more reviews now) so I thought I'd give it a go because they have a UK address and are registered at Companies House. I wish I had never bothered. I never received my phone and there was no communication from them. At this point they had an online tracker function on their website that said it was delayed but they've since removed this tracker from their website. Tried calling and answer phone saying due to Covid no staff so raise a ticket. I did this and eventually received an email saying they would refund me but that was a week ago and they still havent. It's now been more than a month since I ordered the phone and I cant order a new one until I get the refund. I really wish I had not ordered from here.
steveh2078
November 21st, 2020
Please see reviews on "Tekshopz" They are the same owners Domenico & Mathew Luke Colombo in the same Business
jamesp2373
October 9th, 2020
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! The worst online shopping experience i have ever had in my life! I ordered computer parts from these guys expecting them to be brand new and sealed items as it didn't state on the website that they were second hand. When they arrived they was in a tatty box with little to no protection which i was expecting for incredibly expensive computer parts. I could also tell instantly they were all in a used condition which was not stated on the website. I then realise that the motherboard they sent me was completely different to the one they advertised for me which i bought and then to top it off even if i did want to keep the items they sent me there was screws missing so i wouldn't have been able to put the parts in my computer anyway. I have since sent the items back but its been a week and So far there is no sign of my refund being proccessed even though i can see that my return has reached them from my parcel tracking. Also when you email them they don't reply or just take ages to respond with very unhelpful responses. This whole website is shocking and unbelievably dodgy. I am 100% sure that they are scamming people! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE!
im71
May 1st, 2020
I placed an order on a Thursday that was due to be delivered the following Wednesday. The day the item was due to be delivered, I received an email telling me that there was a delay getting the item posted and that it would be posted the following Tuesday. On the Monday I was told the item would be collected by Royal Mail on the Friday and then on the Wednesday I was told that the item wasn't actually in stock and it would take several more weeks before it would come in. I immediately cancelled the order at this time and requested a full refund, which they told me could take up to 14 days to process! 14 days! Yet they were able to take the money from my credit card instantly! It has now been nine days and still absolutely no sign of the refund. UPDATE: The money eventually hit my account 19 days later!

AVOID THESE SHYSTERS AT ALL COSTS!
doctora11
September 10th, 2020
MimoTEK implements an unclear return policy that is full of discrepancies and tends to confuse customers at the first glance.

I purchased a £650 second-hand phone from them. The phone did come as described and nothing was wrong with the item. I barely even breathed on the thing and wanted to return it but was refused by a representative called Matt (Matthew Luke Colombo) who seemed very dismissive and barely helpful. One might even say downright rude.

He refused my request to return the item because it has been used and was very happy to condescend to me about Consumer Law. Upon a look at their returns policy, it does state that there is a "usage reduction" from the refund if an item is returned used.

I contacted them regarding this and they then tell me that it only applies to returns under warranty/faulty goods, which was NEVER specified in their returns policy. When I gave a lengthy reply disputing this and how it can confuse customers, I didn't receive any response back. How professional.

I proceeded to report the business to Competition and Markets Authority. I also resold the phone on eBay and got my money back with a little profit.

UPDATE: If the convoluted returns policy wasn't enough, MimoTEK is also involved in a classic whitewashing style of removing negative feedbacks about their company.

Weeks after the order, I was auto-invited to write a review of them on Trustpilot. I gave a review verbatim to this one, and no more than a week later it was reported for removal by MimoTEK for "Violating Guidelines." I looked upon others' negative reviews and noticed the same thing done, be it lengthy and detailed or short and summarized, they were all reported for removal.

On top of that, I also made an interesting discovery that I cannot log back into my account I made on their website. It seems they weren't too happy with the review I left on Trustpilot, but at least they did their job for me.

UPDATE 2: After sending the Trustpilot support team a message with verification and a month long wait, my review has been reinstated back online. If your Trustpilot review has been reported by MimoTEK for removal, send the Trustpilot support team a screenshot of your order invoice from MimoTEK and they should reinstate it.

No but we need to get a group and beat the $#*! out them with our bare hands. I'd fly over there anyday because it would be so worth it those $#*! scammers.

By Igor M.