Review of DHgate

DHgate reviews

8F Building A, U-CENTER, No.28 Chengfu Road, Haidian District,
Beijing, Beijing 100083, China
customer-support@DHgate.com
Shop now for big savings on wholesale products.
Buy Now

bobl127
12/15/17

Bought a soccer jersey that was great, looked authentic and fast delivery. Will definitely come back.

ansticem
12/15/17
• Updated review

Each time I inquire through the website or provide updated information on this review someone from DHG responds with the same and/or more lies - like the fact that there was no dispute on the order that I never received. Paid $160 for nothing but aggravation and time-consuming BS. Same excuses. Same misrepresentations. Just refund the money improperly released to the defaulting seller and stop the song and dance.

“More lies”
• Previous review

Received an email from DHG shortly after leaving this review. I was promised a refund within a week. More than a week has gone by and, no surprise, no refund.

Integrity matters. Yet, DHG creates problems for buyers by not holding its vendors to the established terms of a purchase, then just keeps 'shining' them on with lies. I guess they imagine that unhappy buyers will get tired and walk away empty-handed.

How problems are handled speaks loudly as to an organizations commitment. This one clearly has committed itself heavily toward its vendors - even when they act in bad faith.

So, I have nothing - no matter what contrary assertions are made by DHG - and I paid $160 for nothing except unending frustration. This was a 'test' order in anticipation of a much larger order. Obviously, it was a good thing that I completed this test run. It was, thanks to DHG, a big FAIL.

Tip for consumers: Hedge your bets. Some of the vendors are highly unreliable and, some, downright dishonest. And, DHG does not hold them to terms of sale.

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Anstice,

We checked that your dispute was closed because the analyst has been contacting you to provide the claim number for the item that was not received. However, they have not received a response from your end.

We checked your order and it was already closed with no disputes opened before. We suggest that you send a message to the seller and negotiate on a resolution. If they agree on a refund, please ask him to leave a message for you saying 'I agree to refund you $***'. Once the seller agrees, send us a screenshot then you can contact us again and we will arrange the refund for you. If they dont agree to refund, we cannot operate for you too.

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link and choose online chat: https://goo.gl/hvEzdN or send email to: customer-support@DHgate.com

DHgate.com
“Don't even think about it!”
• Previous review

The five-star reviews must have been straight-forward transactions which did not go sideways. When they do, it is impossible to resolve in a reasonable manner.

Made two simultaneous purchases. Neither ended up being received, yet, I had to pay for one because DHG rewards seller bad faith.

First purchase: Chose item and seller based upon shipper, even though other vendors had better prices. I don't have USPS delivery, so I chose the vendor representing FedEx Ground shipping. Seller did not honor that term of sale and sent it by USPS. I never received it, as a result. DHG refused to demand signature proof of delivery from the seller so that it could be located. DHG kept demanding that I file the claim. Since I don't have standing, as a non-customer of USPS, I could not file. DHG never accepted that reality. The seller never communicated with either me or DHG (based upon chat sessions), yet, DHG rewarded the seller by closing my claim since I could not provide a claim number for a claim I cannot file. It was insane. It was like 'talking' to a wall. In the end, DHG paid the seller for a product I never received despite the fact that the only reason I didn't receive it was the fault of the seller - it didn't even cooperate in the process. The seller could have had the package located. It didn't. Yet, DHG pays my money over to the seller. Paid a lot of money and spent a ridiculous amount of time for absolutely nothing but aggravation and frustration. And, I had to source the product from a retailer since I had a delivery commitment to my buyer. I lost not only the money I paid to DHG, but lost money on the order overall since I had to pay retail for the parts. But, I honored my agreement with my seller. That is what good faith looks like. DHG and its vendors don't really 'get' that concept.

Second purchase: Seller admitted that it did not have the product I ordered, yet, listed it 'shipped' on the DHG website, trying to get me to accept a substitute. I refused. It persisted. DHG would not refund my payment since the item was listed as "shipped." The fact that the seller did not have the product was not a factor it would consider. The seller kept trying to get me buy something. In the end, I did get a refund, but, only about a month later after the delivery window had passed and I filed a claim with DHG. Once filed (for non-receipt) the seller kept demanding that I withdraw it before it would agree to a refund. If I had closed the claim the seller would have been paid automatically. The process of getting a refund for a product that was not even available from the seller was insane. The product was available from other vendors, but I wasn't issued a refund in time to complete those purchases. (And, I wasn't going to place a third order based upon the trouble already experienced until I received the refund.)

Purchase at you own risk.

farzinf
12/15/17

I am totally pleased with my order. The seller was very kind and promptly responded my inquiry about the item. Shipping was lightning fast (only six days) to Sweden!

peterk164
12/14/17

I've had four transactions so far three of them have been very smooth and easy. The layout could use some more work and the communication isn't the easiest but it is very evident that the dhgate administrators are trying their best to bridge these gaps between the seller and customer

stevent87
12/14/17

I ordered two watches and two shoes got both the watches and one pair of the shoes everything I gotten so far has been awesome especially the watches I been getting lots of compliments about it but the last item I ordered I'm still waiting on it even though I payed for express delivery I still haven't received it yet after almost a month when it said I was gonna get it in a week

angelol30
12/14/17

ORDERED 3 JERSEYS FROM PLUS2FOOTBALL EMPTY BAG SHOWED UP, SELLER HAS EMAIL TURNED OFF AND WONT RETURN MY EMAILS. TRYING TO GET REFUND FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT DOESNT EXIST. SHOULD OF READ THE REVIEWS BEFORE ORDERING, VERY DISAPPOINTED!

erhana
12/13/17

In August I ordered a device from Dhgate and I received it after 2-3 weeks. But afterward, it turned out that the machine was broken so I returned the machine to the seller and Dhgate paid the money to my credit card back. So far everything was ok. But I had to pay also extra 50 USD shipping cost for returning the broken device to the seller. It was promised by DHgate that this 50 USD must be paid by seller to me but I wasnt able to get the money from the seller since 2.5 months back. I attempted to contact many representatives of DHgate online for which I had to wait too much time (to be in line 30-40). They told me only that the seller doesnt have enough money on his account and as soon they enough money on their account they will afford that I get the money back. Currently, I am not sure if I ever will receive this money back because everything looks strange and I dont know really if DHgate does really anything to finalize this issue ?! It looks they have very cheap sellers on their website and I recommend to the people to be careful with the sellers on DHgate.

russj11
12/12/17

Site tries hard to make customer satisfied. Some sellers not so much. Range of items is great and shows great aftercare.

braulion
12/11/17

Man this site is the best how the title says you can find anything in here and the product quality is amazing also if you are having trouble with your order the costumer service is fast and efficient dont have doubts in buying here

henriqueo
12/11/17

This site is amazing, have a lot of sellers with good products the site have a review space and user use this to post the pros and cons of the product with photos. Dhgate have nice suport to buyer and a lot of quality

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Henrique,

Thank you for your purchase. We are delighted that you are happy and satisfied with the product(s) you ordered from DHgate.com.

seand74
12/11/17

I've been using DHgate to supply my small business.I run a medium sized weekly flea market table and sell regularly on Amazon and Ebay.The customer service is excellent and the products if researched are top quality.I order at least 10-15 times a week and if I run into a problem with a seller DHgate mediation is there to resolve any issues that the seller and I can't work out.I highly recommend this site.

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Sean,

washingtonr10
12/11/17

My orders are arriving normally. the sellers I bought so far are all good and reliable. I liked the website in general.

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Washington,

vilas6
12/10/17

People,stay away from this trick!!! This company stole my money,no items,no money,just a lie from invisible customer service.We try to use "option" add money to my DH Gate account via bank transfer from Europe. Was done,10 days was wasted,everyday we try to speak with DH Gate ,-nothing. Ok,we are ask SWIFT confirmation from our bank and from bank of DH Gate. Everything is good,money already appear at DH Gate bank account 1 week ago!!! Once again,customer service,when our money? answer : please waiting for more time we have a problems.What? Look around! 2017 is here! swift confirmation from your bank is here! U dont have a problems! Our payment already at your bank account! our items already was sold out! You still lie something? Who wants to buy problems from China? Until today: No money back-no items,no answers

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Vila,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. For your concern, we understand that you want to have your payment confirmed right away. At the same time, since it is an international transfer, it would really take time to be transferred and confirmed.

Our team has already forwarded this to our Payment team however, they have informed us that your payment has not reached our bank. Please contact your bank and request for a bank slip that shows that they have already sent your payment to us. That way, we can have it checked with our bank as well.

For any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link: http://www.dhgate.com/contact/contactUs.do?from=nav_menu&ntalker=1 or send an email to customer-support@dhgate.com .

Sam
simonaw2
12/9/17

I bought a pair of Italian sneakers from a Chinese company or this man who called me " my friend" after we went back and forth with about 27 messages. These messages included me trying to get a refund from him for a pair of Italian sneakers which smelled like hazardous chemicals. Being a Geologist I have smelled it that in tanks and not in shoes. The seller told me that it was the glue. I am sorry but I go to Italy every six months and never ever I smelled that. Not leather obviously. I paid 30 to send the shoes back and 80.0 for the shoes. It has been a month and a half he says he never got the shoes. I sent them back on Nov. 4th. I wanted to see how far he would go until he did something. DH gate is a terrible company which doesn't even have a phone number. I wanted to chat and everytime I was number, 20 or 40 in line. It is ridiculous how they do business. They always send me messages with saying we will resolve this. I am now dealing with the FRAUD DEPARTMENT WITH NAVY FEDERAL AND I WILL BE DEALING WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY DESERVE. LAWSUIT PERHAPS?

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Simona,

We checked your order and we can see that it has been more than 7 days after the delivery of the item but you did not open a dispute to request for a return and refund so the order was completed.

Please open an after-sale dispute for your order.

1) After logging in to your DHgate account, click "My DHgate" on the upper right corner.
2) Click "Completed.
3) Find the order number.
4) Click "Open an After Sale Dispute".
5) Choose the Correct Reason for dispute, refund amount, upload evidences, add description then click SUBMIT.

Please try to use a desktop computer to successfully upload the photos and submit the dispute. Your photos should be under 1mb in size. It is preferable to use Google Chrome/Internet Explorer/Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser.

oweng27
12/8/17

Great quality products, fast shipping and safe. love the app too, easy to use. I have been using it now for while and couldn't be happier. 100% recommend.

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Owen,

helliady
12/7/17

The order that i got was 2 weeks earlier than stipulated. The quality was 100% legitamate. I had to order 3 more after it.

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Helliad,

sylvief2
12/7/17

Super sale site. Fast delivery of orders and superb quality. For the moment I am delighted with my purchases! I highly recommend Dhgate! Thank you very much for your seriousness

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Sylvie,

laurav54
12/7/17

I like to make purchases through this application, since the sellers most of the times if they comply, seldom and had a problem and these have been resolved, I appreciate the customer services.

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi laura,

maurisiol
12/7/17

para mi uno de los mejores vendedores de esta pagina ya que siempre estuvo al tanto de un problema que tuve muchas graciasss

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Maurisio,

kellyc192
12/7/17

SCAM! I waited 7 weeks for my order only to find out it was a scam. The order was never even shipped and they gave my a fake tracking number. And then customer service told me to wait 10-15 days to check for a refund. They were trying to hold me off for a couple more weeks so I can't dispute the charge on my credit card!

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Kelly,

Please provide us your order number and login email address. That way, we can check the status of your order and we can provide the correct resolution to your concern.
If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link and choose online chat: https://goo.gl/hvEzdN or send email to: customersupport@DHgate.com

jasonh198
12/7/17

Returned item was suppose to be paid back by seller and they never did. All they did was block me from messaging and purchasing any else. Very unprofessional. Im out 21.21 now and have nothing. Im a good customer too, bought lots of stuff from DH gate and this is how Im treated.

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Jason,

Please contact us through our live chat and send us a photo of the shipping label and shipping receipt so we can have this forwarded to our Resolution Center so they can process this for you.

brianj115
12/7/17

I find the products on DH gate are very good quality but the delivery time can be much too long. I rely on orders being on time as I only order for business commitments. I have had to make excuses to my clients and I find that is poor.

vicenteo2
Vicente o.
12/6/17

there are some sellers who do not keep their word, they say that the product will arrive in a while and then it takes double or triple days to arrive, so I do not see it as serious

juliel92
12/6/17

Had to pay customs on everything I bought eventhough it said « free shipping ». Other sites put it in their advertized prices so that you know what you will end up paying. I feel ripped off. Wont order there again.

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Julie,

Customs fees are not paid when the item is for free shipping, free shipping means that the postage for the courier is for free. It's the seller who's going to pay for it, but the customs fees are charged in your country and is your responsibility. We've indicated this in the order update that you may be charged for customs fees which is beyond our control.

You as a buyer should be aware of this before buying items abroad, we suggest that you communicate with your customs office to get the complete details regarding the customs regulations in your country.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in chatting with us by clicking on Online Chat from our Customer Service page: www.dhgate.com/contact/contactUs.do

Sincerely,
DHgate Customer Service
danielg196
12/6/17

Have been using Dhgate for over a year, for people new to this research your buyer ensure they have good and reputable service, also when you order i recommend buying only if they offer DHL shipping. you should always receive your items within a week if you use this. This site is really meant for WHOLESALE purchases.

Only if you don't care if you ever receive it. Only if you don't care if you ever get your money back if it's not "as described" or the wrong size, color, fabric, etc.

By Kathryn H.

Yes. Even when they send you the wrong product, dhgate finds for the seller, not the buy. Stuff sent isn't what is advertised. So many unhappy customers, that's why I posted my review. Will never buy from them again. Ever

By Jacqui W.

I would have to say shipping varied depending upon which of their companies i ordered from. I have waited anywhere from two weeks to a month or so. Although that's the answer to ur question and u haven't asked this I'm going to mention it anyway: if u want to lose money, put it in the market or the slots at a casino. At least you'll have a slight chance of getting something for your money. If you insist on purchasing from this company's affiliates, you 'will' be having your money stolen from you and there will be nothing u will be able to do about it. You may be fortunate enough to once or twice get the product you ordered. I did. But eventually they will send you garbage for your money. They owe me quite a bit. And I'll never see it because they are from outside this country. There are others telling u the same thing here; heed the warning

By Cat W.

Hi Aaditya! Thank you for your interest on our site! Yes, our site is a great online shopping site you can shop in. We do have a lot of sellers that has successful transactions here. For product details, special features, price quotations, availability and shipping details, we recommend that you contact the seller directly. To make sure that your order is made to your specifications. When you find the product you're interested in, you can contact the seller through "MESSAGE" tab under the seller's name. To go to the seller's store, click on the name of the seller at the upper right side of the item page under the Seller's Information Section or click on the seller's name below the item description. We appreciate your trust in DHgate.com, and we will do our best to give you the utmost service you deserve. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link: http://www.dhgate.com/contact/contactUs.do?from=nav_menu&ntalker=1 or send an email to customer-support@dhgate.com . Samantha DHgate

By Joy Y. [DHgate Rep]

I got 64 x 256gb flash drives. They were all bad. Boycott DHgates, Aliexpress, Alibaba and Amazonprom. They are all Chinese and they are all bad news. Don't believe me? Read more reviews.

By Sandy K.

If you like scams then this is the site for you

By To f.

Do not trust DHGate. It is a scam organization. They sent me the wrong merchandise. I had to send them "proof", and then I would have had to pay for the return postage. At that point I called it quits, and will never deal with these guys again.

By Norman G.

If you can see their website, TURN THE POWER OFF. They have cost me US$660.20 on an order THAT WAS NEVER SENT IN THE FIRST PLACE. They admitted the tracking number invalid, they told me that if the seller didn't supply a valid tracking number with in two days they will refund my money. THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO and now they will not even answer my emails. stay as far away from them as you can. Stick with eBay they are perfect in every way. three times now there were items I didn't receive, eBay refunded me immediately. you can't get better than that.

By Peter K.

Hi Danine. DH Gates is an umbrella company. If you want samples they will probably put you in touch with who ever is actually selling the product. I refuse to deal with DH and will continue until DH becomes a responsible for those under there umbrella. Actually I was lucky, I got my money back. Stay away from them for your own good.

By Sandy K.

Stay away from these crooks. They are Chinese (no wonder they get a bad rap) and will take your money and maybe give you something else. DHGate is Chinese also so they will protect their own AND WILL NOT HELP YOU regardless of what they claim--talk is cheap. Not like they don't steal enough from use anyway.

By Robert R.
Questions? Get answers from the DHgate staff and other customers.

163 Photos for DHgate