Review of DHgate

Tel: +1 312-780-1674
customer-support@DHgate.com

jasong293
8/15/19

I attempted to purchase several thousand dollars worth of items. They took money from my account then the DHgate "safety center" demanded verification by having me send photos of my credit card. That took days since they did not respond I'm a timely manner at all. Once the photos were sent they did not respond for 3 days. When they finally did respond they demanded I call my bank and get the authorization number for one of the 30 orders I had made. Meanwhile the vendors started canceling the orders due to lack of payment....DHgate had the money but for some reason did not pay the vendors. This is a shady clearance house that skims a bit off the top for coordinating with Chinese companies. There are others, they may suck just as bad, but it's hard to imagine them being worse. I spent a total of around 6 hours trying to deal with this and in the end had to file 14 separate disputes to get my money back...I would give zero stars if I could...BUYER BEWARE...this company has crap for customer service.

richieb23
8/14/19

THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY PERIOD
I REPEAT
DO NOT BUY FROM DHGATE OR ASSOCIATED WEBSITES
THEY ARE SCAMMERS ON A LARGE SCALE

jamess1856
8/13/19
• Updated review

After posting here I was contacted by DHgate. After some messages for a few days I got my refund today. So there's hope if you have to get a refund. Not sure how you would vet people on here to know if they are full of it.

“Fake.”
8/10/19
• Previous review

DHGate does not do anything when a 'seller' doesn't send you a product. The tracking numbers to other locations doesn't help either. Refund doesn't happen.

angelab121
8/12/19

FANCYWEDDING - THIEVES!! I ordered 160 chair covers from seller "FANCYWEDDING" and specified 17" chair backs. They cost me $760!! After a long wait to be shipped from China, they sent covers to fit 12" chair backs!! Nowhere near close!! THEY REFUSED TO REFUND MY MONEY AND DHGATE DID NOT HELP!!

I've been trying for 6 months to get my money back!! HORRIBLE!

STAY AWAY FROM THESE THIEVES!! Send me a message for more details!

monm4
8/10/19

DO NOT BUY FROM DHGATE SELLER NAMED KID_SUIT!! BIG TIME SCAM!TOOK $ FOR A CLUTCH AND SHIPPED SOCKS!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS DHGATE.COM SELLER NAMED KID_SUIT!!!!! THIS SELLER IS A BIG TIME FRAUD AND A RUDE AND SPITEFUL SCAM ARTIST! DOESN’T HAVE ANYTHING IN STOCK BUT WILL ACCEPT THE ORDER AND TAKE YOUR MONEY. THEN HE WILL ARGUE WITH YOU BACK AND FORTH AND REFUSE YOUR REFUND REQUEST. THIS SELLER WILL MARK YOUR ORDER SHIPPED AND WHEN YOU GET THE PACKAGE, YOU WILL BE IN FOR A NASTY SURPRISE. SELLER NAMED KID_SUIT IS A FRAUD AND A SCAM!!!! TOOK MY MONEY FOR A CLUTCH ORDER AND SHIPPED SOCKS!!

kavitab5
8/7/19

Beware buyers, you all have hardown money. Don't waste your money in worlds biggest chep, lier, and thief site. I bought product from dhgate and lost entier money.

merciaj
8/6/19

Do not buy anything from this shop - you don't what you order. I ordered a Julie Vino dress from them - received the dress and it fits like a glove and looked beautiful, but when I compared the dress received to the dress ordered I was shocked. There is not anyone who can fix the dress so that it looks remotely like the one ordered - I would have to redo the who top of the dress, all to my own account. goagoa8899 refuses to refund me my cost as it will look bad on their ratings. Instead I have to order another dress and they will give me 10% discount - I mean really - I just spend $277 on a dress I have to basically through away, but know they expect me to buy another dress - how stupid do they think I am.....

maried334
8/5/19

I made an order last month to go to a wedding on a boat
But the dress I ordered when I received it was completely different.
Çan someone help me please
You can contact me if you want
The wedding is on Saturday August 10 i have to go to places to find me a new dress
This is not right

craigc228
8/1/19

I've ordered so many times from DHGate now, and every time I've gotten exactly what I wanted at a great price and relatively quickly. It's a great site and I recommend it to my friends whenever they're looking for a place to buy products for solid prices. Do recommend.

Response from DHgate C., DHgate Representative
Hi Craig,

We are happy to know that you are satisfied with the items and service with DHgate. We are looking forward in doing more business with you!

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link and choose online chat: https://goo.gl/hvEzdN or send email to: customer-support@DHgate.com

Regards,
Riane
Customer Service Center
DHgate.com
adilb15
7/31/19

don't bother, this website is just a big scam, they wont ever ship your items and the sellers never respond

stef2
7/28/19

They charged me for a Churros Machine (400$).

Money left the account and i did not get any verification ect. Once i logged into my DH account they said that the card needed verification and asked me to send a picture of the front and back of the card. This is after the money had been debited.

Now nobody is answering me for a refund..... SCAM SCAM SCAM

troyg36
7/24/19

I've used Dhgate for a couple of years now...yes the goods take ages to arrive but then they are coming 2nd class post from China.
One of the few sites left (possibly the only one) that still selling replica goods, all your Gucci, Louis Vuitton etc etc. The quality varies a lot, generally the more expensive the fake the better it will be. But they are fakes, so use your own discretion. Usually problems are sorted out. As your money doesn't get released to the seller until you are satisfied...

georginaa9
7/24/19

They re not responsible if the product never arrives. We bought a violin 9 months ago. Sent several letters to DHgate, field complaints and did all possible. Never got a response from them or the china company who were to supposed to send of the violin. It's been almost a year and we were greatly affected for a total of $90. They should send them to trial court and their page be penalised. I am not the only one for sure.

thomasn142
7/17/19

I have ordered a pair of shoes, but never received them. It has been a month now. I have also contacted support several times without any luck of response. I lost 30 \ $ on this fraud!

mikew620
7/13/19

DHGate. Have ordered from them three times and three strikes your out!
Fit was always two sizes to small, not form fit in anyway, one size fits all, made for my six year old not an adult, finish and quality. Seams split, materials sub quality, faux satin and cotton quality awful,
Bought vacation clothing 4 months ahead of vacation date, received them after I got back! Could have walked to the factory from where I vacationed and was tempted to!
Stay clear of this firm!
Buy North American, spend that extra 10% and have the quality and fit!

belindan18
7/13/19

I didn't even want to give DHGATE one star but I had to select at least one star in order to post my review!
This place is a scam! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING from this company!
I was ensured that a dress that I ordered would me here by July 4th BEFORE I ordered my dress! Promotionspace (a DHGATE seller who has a 6th year Recommended Supplier with 6453 Transactions and 99% Positive Feedback posted on the DHGATE website...HOW THEY EARNED A SCORE OF 99% IS BEYOND ME AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FALSE ADVERTISEMENT) ensured me that I would receive my dress on or before the July 4th. It is presently July 13th and I still haven't received my dress!
After placing my order, I continued to message them asking for updates. Most of my messages were ignored. The few messages that they finally did respond to, they still continued to give false promises that my dress would arrive on or before the date that I provided them PRIOR to my order.
I'm now convinced, IF I ever do receive the dress that I ordered, it probably won't even look anything like the picture online either!
Do yourself a favor and order from a legitimate honorable company... even if you have to pay more money... it'll be worth it! Because ordering from DHGATE will be the worst mistake you can make if you're shopping for a special dress for your wedding, prom, homecoming or any other special event that you need a dress for!

krisk117
7/4/19

Dh gate in my opinion is not a relyable company . Ive had many small orders never arrive 20$ and less however if you calculte 1milion people that the same thing happens to the company just made millions .... i also had a problem with an item and they never wanted to give me back my money the seller sold me a wallet when i was supposed to recieve a purse as the picture they didnt want to refund me they made up ridiculous excuses never again will i shop there . That was over 60$

rolandom33
7/1/19

Order NO: 3121046142 travis_supplier seller, for 72 dollars, I get a watch with scratched glass, broken strap to be replaced and a mechanism that stops every 5/6 hours while it's on my wrist. I note this to DHGATE and the seller, and what does DHGATE do? After the seller asks me to send everything back to China at my expense (30 euros) to get a refund. What I didn't do but I reported to the site. From my money to the salesman who set me up for the holidays, Watch already thrown away, I had to spend with the watchmaker 50euro and it wasn't worth it I preferred to lose only once. Let loose and don't buy anything from them. In Italy these things don't happen. Never again DHGATE to let go of

katherinef66
6/30/19

I've gotten exactly two things from them, and will never buy from that site again. I'm sure there are some legitimate sellers, but it's next to impossible to figure out which ones are actually scams. The first item I got was a necklace that turned out to be much smaller than expected, but there were no measurements on the product page, so I can't really say the seller was dishonest. However, the second time I got a wallet that was completely different than what was pictured. I paid around $40 for what was advertised as a genuine leather wallet, but turned out to be a cheap plastic piece of crap and completely different from the photo. There were 3 reviews from supposed "satisfied" customers, but I highly suspect those were fake reviews. I tried to return it, but was given an invalid return address with no street number. I messaged the seller multiple times, and got no response. I tried to contact DHGate customer service, and again, NO RESPONSE. I had no way of returning the wallet and ended up tossing it in the trash. I've learned my lesson. Never again.

courtneys171
6/24/19

Worst company to deal with. I bought a dress in which I gave my exact measurements in yet the dress was still much too large. The quality of the dress was awful, also. The straps were different lengths, one of them fit perfectly and the other was falling off me. There were sequins missing off one area of the strap, which was attempted to be covered up with another piece of material. The dress style was not like the photograph. I was in a bind and needed the dress for a wedding the week after I received it, so I got it altered. It cost me more than the dress to have it altered (150$ CAD). I reached out to the company afterwards to voice my dissatisfaction and was told there was nothing they could do and no reimbursement offered. In fact, they were quite rude. So, overall, terribly constructed dress and terrible customer service. Do not order from here! It is worth to pay more money and get it from a legitimate company.

sandrai32
6/21/19

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM!! THIS SITE IS FRAUD! DO NOT LET THE ONE SENTENCE REVIEWS FOOL YOU, YOU CAN TELL THEY ARE FAKE! I ORDERED FROM THEIR SITE AND WHEN THE ITEMS CAME IT WAS COMPLETE TRASH!! I WANTED TO RETURN THE ITEMS, BUT THEY WANT ME TO SPEND AND EXTRA $50-$100 TO PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING TO CHINA!!! I TRIED TO TALK TO SEVERAL PEOPLE THROUGH THEIR CHAT AND THEY WERE NO HELP, WHY SHOULD I PAY TO RETURN AN ITEM THAT WAS SENT TO ME DAMAGED!!!! DON'T LET THE RATINGS OF THEIR SELLER'S FOOL YOU AS WELL, IT IS FAKE, THEY MARK EVERYONE'S REVIEW AS 5 STAR! I HAVE REPORTED THEIR ILLEGAL SITE. I AM FILING A CLAIM WITH MY BANK SO I CAN GET MY $100 BACK! THE PICTURES THEY SHOW ARE NOT WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE, AND I AM LEARNING THIS THE HARD WAY.
Order NO:3122550047

mariam722
6/15/19

Worst company in the world to deal with!!! I placed a few orders and received them, then DHGate blocked my account, I tried for 5 weeks to set up my credit card, provided likes 15 authorization numbers and kept getting template response and horrrible customer services!!!!!!!!! Don't buy from them!!!! Try and it will take you weeks and not get a solution!!!! Today I decided to go somewhere else as they suck!!!

davidb2246
6/12/19

I ordered 2 guitars at $204 and got a plastic ring worth $8. I got a phone that did not work, I returned it but never got a refund. They won't get another dollar from me.

paulaj155
6/12/19

A couple of months ago I ordered a wedding dress from a vendor on DHGate. The dress was ordered as a custom fit because I thought by ordering, in that way, I could be assured of a proper fit. I received the dress. It looks like a cheap imitation of the picture shown on the website. It isn't even the same style. But that is not the worse. The dress is supposed to be a-line but it is made fitted in a mermaid style. The waist is 3 inches too big and the hips size is 2 inches too small. There is room on the dress itself for alterations but there is lace on top which fits snugly over the dress and cannot be altered. It is so tightly fit around the top of the legs it is difficult to walk. I complained to the seller and was told they would refund $120. I said no because the dress is useless. It can't be altered and it doesn't fit. I opened remediation with the company. I sent them everything they asked back and forth until they dragged the whole thing out and the remediation period expired. I am very angry that I was so stupid.

kaseyd9
6/11/19

I ordered a $14.00 dollar Harajuku Angel Wing Hoodie and long story short, the billing address and my name was all messed up, I had to contact the mail carrier and we straightened out the address and next thing you know, I was so happy to get my "hoodie" but when I felt the package, it felt empty and when I opened it up, it was only a green straw! This site is a total scam and should be notified of their crimes!
Next time when you look up an item on a site, be sure to check the reviews and feedbacks!

Yes. Even when they send you the wrong product, dhgate finds for the seller, not the buy. Stuff sent isn't what is advertised. So many unhappy customers, that's why I posted my review. Will never buy from them again. Ever

By Jacqui W.

RUN DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. TOOK MY MONEY. NEVER RECEIVED MY ITEM! !!!!! --------------------------------------------

By sylvia B.

Only if you don't care if you ever receive it. Only if you don't care if you ever get your money back if it's not "as described" or the wrong size, color, fabric, etc.

By Kathryn H.

If you can see their website, TURN THE POWER OFF. They have cost me US$660.20 on an order THAT WAS NEVER SENT IN THE FIRST PLACE. They admitted the tracking number invalid, they told me that if the seller didn't supply a valid tracking number with in two days they will refund my money. THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO and now they will not even answer my emails. stay as far away from them as you can. Stick with eBay they are perfect in every way. three times now there were items I didn't receive, eBay refunded me immediately. you can't get better than that.

By Peter K.
Helpful answer -4

Hi Aaditya! Thank you for your interest on our site! Yes, our site is a great online shopping site you can shop in. We do have a lot of sellers that has successful transactions here. For product details, special features, price quotations, availability and shipping details, we recommend that you contact the seller directly. To make sure that your order is made to your specifications. When you find the product you're interested in, you can contact the seller through "MESSAGE" tab under the seller's name. To go to the seller's store, click on the name of the seller at the upper right side of the item page under the Seller's Information Section or click on the seller's name below the item description. We appreciate your trust in DHgate.com, and we will do our best to give you the utmost service you deserve. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link: http://www.dhgate.com/contact/contactUs.do?from=nav_menu&ntalker=1 or send an email to customer-support@dhgate.com . Samantha DHgate

By Joy Y., DHgate Representative

If you like scams then this is the site for you

By To f.

I got 64 x 256gb flash drives. They were all bad. Boycott DHgates, Aliexpress, Alibaba and Amazonprom. They are all Chinese and they are all bad news. Don't believe me? Read more reviews.

By Sandy K.

Hi Ramorn! This is a normal process for 1. All credit cards that have been used for the first time in the website. 2. Credit cards that do not match the account holder's name. 3. Shipping address of the account holder does not match with the billing address on the card. 4. There are some inconsistent information submitted during the payment process that did not match the credit card information. 5. Orders with large amount You have 2 options on how to verify your payment. 1. Authorization Form- You need to fill this out and once you have filled out the form, you can send it to safetycenter@dhgate.com and use your order number as the subject. You can cover the first 6 and last 4 digits of your card then the CVV code at the back. You can then send this to safetycenter@dhgate.com and use your order number as the subject. 2. Authorization Code- It would be a six digit number or a combination of letters and numbers. It is not printed on your credit card but stored in your issuing bank. Every card transaction is assigned a unique authorization number, which is confidential and can only be obtained by the cardholder from the card-issuing bank. Please contact your card issuing bank to get the authorization number on the order. Once you have the code, you can send that to safetycenter@dhgate.com and use your order number as the subject. If you wish not to provide any of the verification process, your order will be canceled and the refund will be processed for you. Riane DHgate

By Joy Y., DHgate Representative

Do not trust DHGate. It is a scam organization. They sent me the wrong merchandise. I had to send them "proof", and then I would have had to pay for the return postage. At that point I called it quits, and will never deal with these guys again.

By Norman G.

Hi Danine. DH Gates is an umbrella company. If you want samples they will probably put you in touch with who ever is actually selling the product. I refuse to deal with DH and will continue until DH becomes a responsible for those under there umbrella. Actually I was lucky, I got my money back. Stay away from them for your own good.

By Sandy K.
Questions? Get answers from the DHgate staff and other customers.

DHgate?