Review of DHgate

Tel: +1 312-780-1674
customer-support@DHgate.com

johng1616
9/20/19

I ordered six products (knives) and had 5 defects from 3 of the 6 vendors. They just don't seem to give a $#*! about the quality of the products they send you. Won't be ordering from this site anymore.

Tip for consumers: Don't order from this site.

arturok5
9/19/19

Pedí una talla Xs y me mandaron una 18 de niño.en las tallas venían las de niños y las de adulto.no responden a los mensajes y no hacen nada para solucionarlo.

donaldh237
9/17/19

Ordered two guitars two months ago can not get a response from seller dehan looking like a possible scam beware of this seller and possibly dhgate

shelleyr52
9/16/19

I ordered a dress and changed my mind a few minutes later after reading horrible reviews from others. I tried to cancel my order immediately but was told it was already processed. I then checked my bank account and saw that they had taken out the money immediately after I contacted them. On top on this, I never received the item and contacted DHGate who told me it was my responsibility to find my package they now opened an investigation saying I have to prove that I don't have the item. This company is a Chinese Foreign scam company which does not go by American ethics. You will never be able to return anything without a fight and they sell cheaply made products. The good reviews here??? All i can say is read the broken English. Fake reviews!!! I will be reporting them to the fair trades commission if I don't receive my refund.

houssamh1
9/15/19

The biggest scam ever
They took money and when asking for my item they told me we didn't receive money
Tomwang888 is the biggest stolen person ever
I attached the confirmation and the reply also to make sure i am right

Big big big scam

Not recommended at all

ginao128
9/8/19

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, DHgate is the biggest scam, all their products' pictures are actually stolen from the original websites, and when you purchase from them, they send you the crap that they copy and make. Ordered a Channel bag, the bag came made in vinyl and it smelled like crappppp. disgusting.

jamesp271
9/6/19

Dhgates is not checking the companies on their sight. The scam goes like this the seller list items they do not have I do not think they have any items at all. They send out a post card so they can get a tracking number so it look like something was shipped. The number goes to a random address in the US. They then attempt to collect your money. If you dispute the item because WELL NO ITEM WAS EVER SENT. they give you back some money less 7 to 10 dollar so DHgates see them working with you. Well they just made 7-10 dollar on a postcard sent to random address. All they need is a computer and a number of sights on dhgates and they are making money with not a single item sold.

DHgates has no intention to fix this problem. they say sorry but that is it. Sorry does not fix the scams on their sight even better they give them ratings that make them look OK. Sorry I can no longer trust item on their sight.

cherj1
9/6/19

Over 200$ in my bank balance, waiting for over 2 years to get my money withdrawed and now they decided to change the money in rewards to spend on the website. They are basically stealing money

kims519
9/5/19

I ordered a bag from seller Yiodocxrii. Terrible quality. When i tried to return for a refund i got the biggest run around. D h gate does nothing to help you, nothing. Their customer service never got back to me. For 11 days i emailed Yiodocxrill trying to resolve my order. It was like communicating with a deaf dumb mutt. I would request a refund, offer to mail the package, try to explain all the defaults of the bag. Everyday they responded the same. "Why you not like the bag" " you keep bag" over and over. Dealing with stupidness just wears you out.

kikif3
9/4/19

I was inclined to write a one star review. I decided not to because some months ago I had pretty decent experience with a DHgate seller. However, my most recent experiences has been terrible. I ordered from two different electronics vendors and got shafted. I'm still fighting it. Both sellers gave me fake tracking numbers thus the item shows as it being received. DHgate does not give much choice filing disputes. If you select "item not received" you have to choose from another drop down menu in which the choices are "not yet received" or "seized in customs". There are not options for fake tracking numbers. Both of my items show received in the system. Then they have a robot monkey for "customer service". I decided to eat one of my purchases and confirm it as received so I can write a review on the sellers page to warn others....well I'm not allowed to do that either. As of right now the seller has 42 transactions and 0% feedback. That's because no one is taken to a page to leave a review. I click on the icon to write a review and NOTHING happens. DYSONUKY is the seller STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY FROM ALL DYSON PRODUCTS sellers There is another seller. I will list in an update. DHgate does NOTHING. I am glad that I'm a superskeptic by nature and only made a small purchase. Never go ham and make large purchases with a new seller. Be patient make one purchase a small amount you can afford to loose.

anwarl1
9/3/19

They charged me almost $500. & I haven't received my purchase yet. It's been 3 1/2 months now. Don't get scammed like me.

laurop1
9/2/19

2014randal Order NO:3146999212
.I placed the order on 09/18/2019 at 1.39.
The same day at 20:41 I requested the cancellation. Because my wife, unbeknownst to me, gave me that article I had ordered.
dhgate foresees in its regulation that if the goods have not been shipped it is possible to request cancellation.
The seller replied that he refused my cancellation request.
Today 20/09/2019 the goods have not yet been shipped.
I wrote to the seller "baixiangguo" but he replied that if I want the money back I have to reject the goods when he arrives at my home. If I do as he says i will have to pay the shipping and return costs. This is an injustice because the "baixiangguo" seller states that what matters is customer satisfaction.
This is not true. It is not true. The most important thing for him is money.
Even dhgate did nothing for me.
Bad. Very ugly.
I do not recommend buying from this seller on dhgate and aliexpress

hadia10
9/1/19

This company needs to be shut down, ripping off poor innocent people like this, disgusting, i bought the same thing from ebay and got few days later with no problems

jasonl343
8/31/19

I ordered 10.5 size shoes using their sizing chart. They sent me two pair of US size 9 shoes. Rather than chop my toes off to wear them I foolishly tried to ask for a replace or refund. Not happening. They want ME to pay to shp back the shoes THEY screwed the order up on. I already spent $100 and they want me to spend more? They actually suggested I buy a few extra pairs in case they get seized by customs -wow. This site is a scam run by people who know absolutely nothing about customer service

pauls1231
8/28/19

If you have a dispute it will go back and forth until your dispute time is up. Today I was told by one of their sellers to get a Chinese interpreter to help me. Why? I can only presume it is because they do not understand plain English which the DHgate Dispute site requires. I think I have to agree with all the others on this site BEWARE. Try another site. You have been warned.

UPDATE
DHgate representive contacted about this review me via Sitejabber. I chose to reply to the representive via the supplied email address. That was over six hours ago and still no reply. But the Seller did contact me via DHgate offering for me to keep the products and accept a partial refund and cancel the Dispute, although I don't want them as they are not as advertised by the Seller. See other reviews here where a partial refund amounted to one cent. Or to return the items and cancel the Dispute and supply the Seller with the Postal Tracking Number and he will send me the supposedly correct items. The Seller never acknowledge the sale in the first place. I had to contact DHgate to see what was happening to my order, which took over four weeks to arrive. They being the Seller and by the looks of it DHgate want me to be out of pocket for Postal charges for their false advertising.How many others have been caught like this? PEOPLE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - DON'T DO IT. FIND SOME OTHER SUPPLIER....

jayr180
8/25/19

I my first order was for an electric guitar. Was concerned but tried it. The product received was not as advertise. Seller was very nasty offered a 1 cent refund. I followed their dispute process. Finally settled for the full cost minus the cost I would have paid to ship it back (and get refund weeks later). I tried another small purchase $25 but I think the packaging was legit but the actual product was bogus/poor quality/knock off. I tried one more order about $100. The shipment was delivered to China Town in New York City (zip code 11354) and I live in Florida. After contact seller every day using a convoluted messaging system I again followed the dispute process. They just string you along each time they reset the dispute time to give seller 4-5 days to respond. What? That's BS ! The seller has never respond for weeks even a first time. This site is crooked don't believe the phoney good reviews. I check a few review site in the USA and EU and they all have horror stories even worse then mine. DHgate is no Amazon or eBay. No customer service. Boycott this site and buy from legit sources.

johnd2508
8/23/19

A scam. Items not sent. Bogus Tracking numbers. Australia Post also conned by these people. Really difficult to complain, resolve issues or get a refund. Dispute process difficult to initiate, particularly if items don't arrive. Customer service a joke - some automated monkey creature. Made as difficult as possible. AVOID THIS SITE - Use AliExpress, Wish or Amazon - at least they are honest and generally reliable.

johnd2504
8/22/19

All the 5 star are fake reviews. .........................................................................................................................

silviat13
8/21/19

Hi silvia t I'm place 2 orders never receive saller not answering,wangjuan1001;#313422288/3134826291

debitag
8/19/19

I've ordered a school bag for my school. but there has been no response from them. I'm really worried now coz this is the first time I'm ordering from here. No way I'm able to connect them. How do I move ahead with this?

jasong293
8/15/19

I attempted to purchase several thousand dollars worth of items. They took money from my account then the DHgate "safety center" demanded verification by having me send photos of my credit card. That took days since they did not respond I'm a timely manner at all. Once the photos were sent they did not respond for 3 days. When they finally did respond they demanded I call my bank and get the authorization number for one of the 30 orders I had made. Meanwhile the vendors started canceling the orders due to lack of payment....DHgate had the money but for some reason did not pay the vendors. This is a shady clearance house that skims a bit off the top for coordinating with Chinese companies. There are others, they may suck just as bad, but it's hard to imagine them being worse. I spent a total of around 6 hours trying to deal with this and in the end had to file 14 separate disputes to get my money back...I would give zero stars if I could...BUYER BEWARE...this company has crap for customer service.

richieb23
8/14/19

THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY PERIOD
I REPEAT
DO NOT BUY FROM DHGATE OR ASSOCIATED WEBSITES
THEY ARE SCAMMERS ON A LARGE SCALE

jamess1856
8/13/19
• Updated review

After posting here I was contacted by DHgate. After some messages for a few days I got my refund today. So there's hope if you have to get a refund. Not sure how you would vet people on here to know if they are full of it.

“Fake.”
8/10/19
• Previous review

DHGate does not do anything when a 'seller' doesn't send you a product. The tracking numbers to other locations doesn't help either. Refund doesn't happen.

angelab121
8/12/19

FANCYWEDDING - THIEVES!! I ordered 160 chair covers from seller "FANCYWEDDING" and specified 17" chair backs. They cost me $760!! After a long wait to be shipped from China, they sent covers to fit 12" chair backs!! Nowhere near close!! THEY REFUSED TO REFUND MY MONEY AND DHGATE DID NOT HELP!!

I've been trying for 6 months to get my money back!! HORRIBLE!

STAY AWAY FROM THESE THIEVES!! Send me a message for more details!

monm4
8/10/19

DO NOT BUY FROM DHGATE SELLER NAMED KID_SUIT!! BIG TIME SCAM!TOOK $ FOR A CLUTCH AND SHIPPED SOCKS!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS DHGATE.COM SELLER NAMED KID_SUIT!!!!! THIS SELLER IS A BIG TIME FRAUD AND A RUDE AND SPITEFUL SCAM ARTIST! DOESN’T HAVE ANYTHING IN STOCK BUT WILL ACCEPT THE ORDER AND TAKE YOUR MONEY. THEN HE WILL ARGUE WITH YOU BACK AND FORTH AND REFUSE YOUR REFUND REQUEST. THIS SELLER WILL MARK YOUR ORDER SHIPPED AND WHEN YOU GET THE PACKAGE, YOU WILL BE IN FOR A NASTY SURPRISE. SELLER NAMED KID_SUIT IS A FRAUD AND A SCAM!!!! TOOK MY MONEY FOR A CLUTCH ORDER AND SHIPPED SOCKS!!

Yes. Even when they send you the wrong product, dhgate finds for the seller, not the buy. Stuff sent isn't what is advertised. So many unhappy customers, that's why I posted my review. Will never buy from them again. Ever

By Jacqui W.

RUN DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. TOOK MY MONEY. NEVER RECEIVED MY ITEM! !!!!! --------------------------------------------

By sylvia B.

Only if you don't care if you ever receive it. Only if you don't care if you ever get your money back if it's not "as described" or the wrong size, color, fabric, etc.

By Kathryn H.

If you can see their website, TURN THE POWER OFF. They have cost me US$660.20 on an order THAT WAS NEVER SENT IN THE FIRST PLACE. They admitted the tracking number invalid, they told me that if the seller didn't supply a valid tracking number with in two days they will refund my money. THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO and now they will not even answer my emails. stay as far away from them as you can. Stick with eBay they are perfect in every way. three times now there were items I didn't receive, eBay refunded me immediately. you can't get better than that.

By Peter K.
Helpful answer -4

Hi Aaditya! Thank you for your interest on our site! Yes, our site is a great online shopping site you can shop in. We do have a lot of sellers that has successful transactions here. For product details, special features, price quotations, availability and shipping details, we recommend that you contact the seller directly. To make sure that your order is made to your specifications. When you find the product you're interested in, you can contact the seller through "MESSAGE" tab under the seller's name. To go to the seller's store, click on the name of the seller at the upper right side of the item page under the Seller's Information Section or click on the seller's name below the item description. We appreciate your trust in DHgate.com, and we will do our best to give you the utmost service you deserve. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link: http://www.dhgate.com/contact/contactUs.do?from=nav_menu&ntalker=1 or send an email to customer-support@dhgate.com . Samantha DHgate

By Joy Y., DHgate Representative

If you like scams then this is the site for you

By To f.

I got 64 x 256gb flash drives. They were all bad. Boycott DHgates, Aliexpress, Alibaba and Amazonprom. They are all Chinese and they are all bad news. Don't believe me? Read more reviews.

By Sandy K.

Hi Ramorn! This is a normal process for 1. All credit cards that have been used for the first time in the website. 2. Credit cards that do not match the account holder's name. 3. Shipping address of the account holder does not match with the billing address on the card. 4. There are some inconsistent information submitted during the payment process that did not match the credit card information. 5. Orders with large amount You have 2 options on how to verify your payment. 1. Authorization Form- You need to fill this out and once you have filled out the form, you can send it to safetycenter@dhgate.com and use your order number as the subject. You can cover the first 6 and last 4 digits of your card then the CVV code at the back. You can then send this to safetycenter@dhgate.com and use your order number as the subject. 2. Authorization Code- It would be a six digit number or a combination of letters and numbers. It is not printed on your credit card but stored in your issuing bank. Every card transaction is assigned a unique authorization number, which is confidential and can only be obtained by the cardholder from the card-issuing bank. Please contact your card issuing bank to get the authorization number on the order. Once you have the code, you can send that to safetycenter@dhgate.com and use your order number as the subject. If you wish not to provide any of the verification process, your order will be canceled and the refund will be processed for you. Riane DHgate

By Joy Y., DHgate Representative

Do not trust DHGate. It is a scam organization. They sent me the wrong merchandise. I had to send them "proof", and then I would have had to pay for the return postage. At that point I called it quits, and will never deal with these guys again.

By Norman G.

Hi Danine. DH Gates is an umbrella company. If you want samples they will probably put you in touch with who ever is actually selling the product. I refuse to deal with DH and will continue until DH becomes a responsible for those under there umbrella. Actually I was lucky, I got my money back. Stay away from them for your own good.

By Sandy K.
Questions? Get answers from the DHgate staff and other customers.

DHgate?