Review of DHgate

Tel: +1 312-780-1674
customer-support@DHgate.com

rafaeln12
5/23/19

Best affordable, fast shipping site.. great quality products! I havent had any issues with any of my purchases, I highly recommend this site.

meganl85
5/23/19

NO STARS!! HORRIBLE!!!!!! i got a dress with custome sizing... i received it last week and it is a DISTASTER! arm holes are tight, there is cups for where your boobs sit and they are between my neck and breasts, supposed to be a normal waistline and it is right under my boobs. supposed to be a tea length (shin area) and it touches the floor. i complained and they told me to pay to yave it altered locally i demanded a refund and they want me to pay to ship it back. DONT BUY FROM THEM!

ekreme
5/22/19

Worst experience I have ever had with an online retailer. Staff are completely incompetent and give inaccurate misleading information. I purchased a pair of trainers which came in an incorrect size. I have been trying to get a replacement or a refund for 4 months. Customer service just "file a report". They must have filed the same report 20 times as absolutely no action was taken to help me in any way!

I have spent the last 2 months trying to close my account, which again no effort has been made by DHgate's incompetent staff to delete my account. I am currently seeking legal action to get my account closed.

tylerb221
5/20/19

Bought flower stands for our wedding. They took 10 weeks to arrive, instead of the 3-4 advertised. The stands were dented, bent, and scratched beyond repair. They were also mustard colored instead of gold. After 3 weeks of arguing through 28 broken-English messages, 35 photos, and 3 videos we got half our money back. Stay far away. This site is a scam

lucl18
5/20/19

There is serious false advertisement with their listings. Customer service gives you the run around when you want to receive a refund. They had me take photos, videos and send emails. They do this because they want you to miss the refund time frame. You are left with an unwanted purchase and they can care less because they are based in China.

stefand29
5/17/19

If all you want is cheap merchandise and are willing to accept ineffective or no service after the sale, zero technical support, long waits for shipping- and can live with inferior products and/or copies/clones, then you might find a bargain here.

My transaction #1: I bought from a DH seller called "Paxseller" what I suspected was a clone/copy widget for about 1/3 the cost of the real US made item. It came well packaged, felt substantial and you couldn't tell by looking that it was a clone (even the trademarked logo was identical). But after a few uses we found its performance was unacceptable and probably defective. So we asked the seller (through DHGate's messaging portal) for a refund which they agreed to of 30%. But, since DHGate's order was now closed, credit back to my card through DHGate was not possible, so the seller prompted me for our PayPal account where they posted the refund. Then a couple weeks later, the widget completely died. I contacted the seller again and eventually they agreed to refund the remaining balance (70%). They did not ask for the defective clone to be shipped back (to China I presume). So I thought this was all settled until some 6 months later a new charge for "merchandise" equal to 70% of the original sale showed up in our PayPal account from, you guessed it, Paxseller. I contacted them again to dispute the fraud charge and they admitted their error, however now 2 months later, even with my constant badgering, they still have not refunded their 70% mistake. I call this fraud, so I contacted DHGate service three times now via their online chat and messaging, who basically said they can do nothing because my order was "closed" last year. They won't even allow me to downgrade my prior review for this seller on their site.

Transaction #2: I bought a $10 widget on DHGate for my PC but the software that came with it had nothing to do with the hardware, thus with no drivers it is useless. After several messages to the seller who could not understand what I was saying or just couldn't deal with supporting what they are selling, I managed to get a $3 refund (and was just glad to get the fiasco over with).

DHGate does business with and thereby condones shady sellers, and apparently DHGate values them more than their customers. They lost this customer. IF you're still inclined to risk doing business on DHGate, never give their seller your personal account info.

lollyw1
5/15/19

I ordered a gallon through DHgate and got a confirmation number for my order after it was placed. I never received my order. Getting in touch with them was impossible and very stressful. I have never had an experience like this online with any purchase. I think this site should be investigated and at the very least people should be aware they will not get their merchandise .

ror9
5/15/19

I received 5/13/19 the WORST wig. I paid $138 which included an extra amount for increase density from 130d to 150d. It wasn't provided. TRACKS were down with hair attached, the cap size and color was incorrect. I contacted Dhgate and the seller An-amer IMMEDIATELY. Neither returned email or messages on the website. THIS WIG WAS FOR MY DAUGHTER'S GRADUATION - age 14. I am a first time customer of Dhgate and never have been cheated and deceived purchasing wigs online until now.

Tip for consumers: DON'T TRUST PICTURED ITEMS. MY PURCHASE not only didn't look like what was shown BUT in paying extra to enhance to my liking it was provided. QUALITY WORSE THAN POOR.

paulm1127
5/14/19

Order NO:382188954 BUNCH OF SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOLD ME TO RETURN FAULTY PRODUCT, I HADTO PAY FOR SHIPPING, NOW NOT REIMBURSED, LIARS CHEATERS AND TIME WASTING SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amyb486
5/13/19

I spent over $100 on seeds and now they coming out.Those are weed and not flowers that a pay for.
And now I can't get my money back.

leatricem2
5/13/19

ORDER#3110173006 ..I ordered thus dress out faith not knowing when the dress arrived to my phone it would be the total opposite. i contacted the seller so many times and never reached a resolution . I had to go and purchase another dress this is a generic version of the dress I ordered. It looks like they took a picture from the Internet and tried to make the same dress and the dress was made the total opposite . The color of the dress is different , i sleeve is longer than the other ..etcThe seller has tried to get my debit card # to and my paypal that is very unprpfessional. Please assist me with getting all my money back before we be in small claims court.

rachaellear
5/11/19

Tried DHgate for the first time as I was just opening a Shopify store. Excited by their cheaper prices, I jumped right in. I spend 1200.00 for a facial mister, paid with it with my credit card. The amount was taken from my credit card, only then to be asked to verify the payment.. fine, i did that. They requested, the front and back of my card (with numbers blurred out) a copy of my bank statement, proof of credit card payment... they asked for everything but the shirt off my back. I sent it anyway. Only to have my order sitting in "verification mode" for a week. Trying to reach head office is like pulling teeth. The online customer service reps are quite good, i must admit.. very helpful. Unfortunately, the folks they report to, are not. I'd get different stories all the time. I got emails telling me that my payment was approved, only for the rep to tell me it's not. Eventually, after about a month of back and forth, I requested a refund. Again, the same run around..took over 20 online chats with a representative until i finally received my payment back today. highly unprofessional.. i will never use them again, and highly suggest you don't either.

gilt17
5/10/19

Tried communicating thru their chat, their responses had nothing to do with my questions and read like a 7year old wrote them.. they don't provide a secure payment method as well.

micheled279
5/10/19

I ordered a custom made outfit for an upcoming wedding. When I received the outfit the top and jacket were 5 inches too small! I opened a dispute and they told me to ship it back. When I checked into the shipping, it would have cost me over $50 just to ship it back!!! The shipping should have been paid by them! It was THEIR MISTAKE!!! NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

danc412
5/6/19

Merchant didn't ship what I ordered, what was plainly printed on the order. He then claimed I told him to ship something else. The "something else" was of pathetic quality, not a replica. I sent pictures of it to their "Dispute" service, was assured they thought it was exactly what I ordered. They paid him. Ever seen a watch with a round piece of metal sticking way-up?

THEY'RE THIEVES. TAKE MY ADVICE, DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!

Tip for consumers: DON'T!!! AND THANK ME FOR SAVING YOUR MONEY!

luisv88
5/6/19

bought a backpack for $66. Seller did not ship, i requested a refund, seller provide invalid tracking number. I opened a dispute, seller provide tracking number. After 2 months a received parcel, Suspicious parcel because weight less than on once. I opened little package and there was a blue paper inside only. Total scammed, stay away from sellers who have little reviews and transactions.

viktora6
4/29/19

Received my 10pcs earphones but 3 did not working! Bad quality, and the customer service is not good at all. Really not recommend!

leonids9
4/29/19

I bought some pet toys on there, well, maybe I chose the wrong supplier, the quality is not so good... Delivery is quick, price is affordable. But there are many suppliers, need some time to find a good one. This site is OK, maybe will try again.

matsr12
4/28/19

The item i ordered was not complete and when i claimed for the missing parts a long mailing started and DH did not do anything to help me.
Ebay and Wish have never done something like this so STAY AWAY FROM DH for ever, i will.

lawrencea82
4/28/19

I know the temptation of cheap name brand merchandise is a lot but trust me, it's not worth it. These people took me money and mailed my product to the wrong state!! Getting customer service is impossible and now I am out of my money and no product!! If you want to be scammed then send them your money but don't say you weren't warned!!

davidp113
4/27/19

For future buyers, Do not buy on this site. I am new to the site and one seller sent me garbage Customer support was trying to favor the DISHONEST seller by asking and requiring so many things. They will do just anything to protect the scammer.

DH Gate does protect scammers and promotes Fraudulent practices by their sellers.

Thanks God, my bank provides purchase protection because you can't expect DH Gate to do absolutely nothing to protect buyers.

DH Gate is a scammers heaven

mw234
4/25/19

did not get merchandise. part of the oder came, the cheap part, but the expensive item went to wrong address, dealing with company was a nightmare. Just dont buy from them

johns3798
4/20/19

They have stolen hundreds of images from my eBay shop and selling them as their own. Crooks. They have no permission to use the designs that I have purchased.

jillynnl
4/19/19

SCAM! Do not waste your time. Sent to wrong state via DHL. Seller is not responsive. On-line dispute system just takes you in circles and wont open a claim for you and won't refund your money. Never received my money back. Complete FRAUD!

custodiof
4/19/19

I made a payment using bank transfer (Multibanco payment option in Portugal) to DHgate on February 27th. After I week had gone by and the order was still showing as "pending payment" I contacted customer service. I was told to contact "safetycenter" and submit copies of my credit cards. I taught that was strange, since payment was made via bank transfer, but went ahead and sent the information in anyway. After a few days that said everything was "ok" (Dear, Kindly tell that we have adjust your account and you can buy that again.) but the previous order was canceled and I never received my refund. STAY AWAY!

Yes. Even when they send you the wrong product, dhgate finds for the seller, not the buy. Stuff sent isn't what is advertised. So many unhappy customers, that's why I posted my review. Will never buy from them again. Ever

By Jacqui W.

Only if you don't care if you ever receive it. Only if you don't care if you ever get your money back if it's not "as described" or the wrong size, color, fabric, etc.

By Kathryn H.

If you can see their website, TURN THE POWER OFF. They have cost me US$660.20 on an order THAT WAS NEVER SENT IN THE FIRST PLACE. They admitted the tracking number invalid, they told me that if the seller didn't supply a valid tracking number with in two days they will refund my money. THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO and now they will not even answer my emails. stay as far away from them as you can. Stick with eBay they are perfect in every way. three times now there were items I didn't receive, eBay refunded me immediately. you can't get better than that.

By Peter K.

I would have to say shipping varied depending upon which of their companies i ordered from. I have waited anywhere from two weeks to a month or so. Although that's the answer to ur question and u haven't asked this I'm going to mention it anyway: if u want to lose money, put it in the market or the slots at a casino. At least you'll have a slight chance of getting something for your money. If you insist on purchasing from this company's affiliates, you 'will' be having your money stolen from you and there will be nothing u will be able to do about it. You may be fortunate enough to once or twice get the product you ordered. I did. But eventually they will send you garbage for your money. They owe me quite a bit. And I'll never see it because they are from outside this country. There are others telling u the same thing here; heed the warning

By Cat W.

I got 64 x 256gb flash drives. They were all bad. Boycott DHgates, Aliexpress, Alibaba and Amazonprom. They are all Chinese and they are all bad news. Don't believe me? Read more reviews.

By Sandy K.
Helpful answer -4

Hi Aaditya! Thank you for your interest on our site! Yes, our site is a great online shopping site you can shop in. We do have a lot of sellers that has successful transactions here. For product details, special features, price quotations, availability and shipping details, we recommend that you contact the seller directly. To make sure that your order is made to your specifications. When you find the product you're interested in, you can contact the seller through "MESSAGE" tab under the seller's name. To go to the seller's store, click on the name of the seller at the upper right side of the item page under the Seller's Information Section or click on the seller's name below the item description. We appreciate your trust in DHgate.com, and we will do our best to give you the utmost service you deserve. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link: http://www.dhgate.com/contact/contactUs.do?from=nav_menu&ntalker=1 or send an email to customer-support@dhgate.com . Samantha DHgate

By Joy Y., DHgate Representative

If you like scams then this is the site for you

By To f.

Do not trust DHGate. It is a scam organization. They sent me the wrong merchandise. I had to send them "proof", and then I would have had to pay for the return postage. At that point I called it quits, and will never deal with these guys again.

By Norman G.

Hi Danine. DH Gates is an umbrella company. If you want samples they will probably put you in touch with who ever is actually selling the product. I refuse to deal with DH and will continue until DH becomes a responsible for those under there umbrella. Actually I was lucky, I got my money back. Stay away from them for your own good.

By Sandy K.

Stay away from these crooks. They are Chinese (no wonder they get a bad rap) and will take your money and maybe give you something else. DHGate is Chinese also so they will protect their own AND WILL NOT HELP YOU regardless of what they claim--talk is cheap. Not like they don't steal enough from use anyway.

By Robert R.
Questions? Get answers from the DHgate staff and other customers.

DHgate?