Review of MicrosoftStore

do-not-reply@microsoftstore.com
2017 Customer choice award

djfemmiej
6/10/18

Third-party companies are ruin ruining the reputation of Microsoft and other major companies particularly with drivers which you need to keep your computer up to date they are allowing these third-party companies to access your information your data and generally these apps and drivers are not credible. There are technicians that ask you to get into your computer and then they offer you high rate prices to fix things in the name of Samsung Microsoft and other companies these big companies need to track these sites shut them down and direct people to their website to download information and get drivers these third-party companies are nonsense they need to be stopped and we should not be paying for drivers that should be available on the site you bought your device from. I am well-versed on the internet but there are many people that are not and these big companies like Microsoft are destroying computers by allowing third-party companies to invade computers phones that were purchased from Microsoft Samsung I could go on and on enough fix it

justinl105
3/21/18

They refused to honor the price guarantee list on the terms of sale right on their website. They made up bs rules and spouted them at me, and after two calls refused to even connect me with a supervisor, hanging up on me twice. This was after several failed attempts to contact them.

Fail!

gregp74
2/1/18

Called MS service, hard to understand with the very heavy accent, not sure what she said half the time.
Went to the very big impressive MS store at Mall of America, made an appointment for computer check-up. The guy was in a great hurry, talked very quickly, not really sure what he did, so fast, only once did he look directly at me, most of the time he was staring at the ceiling. I was scheduled for a twenty-minute app. That lasted seven. As I was waiting I looked around at a few items, all were very expensive, guess they have to pay for the Hugh store, and the six or so salespeople, not ITs, only four of them, maybe thats why the IT was in such a hurry.

richl13
12/27/17

They really don't give the novice a choice on what to get for your software. The customer service is a joke and you will wait a very long time, to speak with someone halfway across the world.

jeffz20
12/19/17

I bought an ASUS Zenbook and shortly after 30 days the screen developed a defect. Seven months later, the Zenbook has been returned for repair under warranty TWO times and it still has not been fixed. After pressuring ASUS for a refund, they only offered to trade me a "used" Zenbook. Not what I expected after spending good money on a new unit. Microsoft store customer support (NOT) hid behind the 30 day return policy and denided my request for refund. BAD unit ASUS ZenBook Flip UX360CA from microsoftstore.com

edk30
12/19/17

Microsoft Store is certainly handy but I've found a lot of their items available elsewhere at lower prices. I use them primarily to download apps, etc.

rayw69
12/12/17

Seemless purchase / delivery over the web always easy. Love the integration with my account, so no extra steps when i want to buy some software.

christopherb144
12/7/17

I love Microsoft Products and they have EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEIR STAFF IS GREAT TO SPEAK WITH!NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH THEM!

johnw655
12/5/17

Bought a few things. Typical MS very high pricing. Only buy from them when the product is only available from them.

dolari1
10/17/17

Excellent company. All they release is just fine. Sometimes it's not all as everyone expects, but still they are corrected.

elainel38
10/7/17

The site provides rather good products but the service sometimes is slow and they sometimes do not resolve the occurring issues, sadly. However its some 8 of 10 for me, mostly the experience was good while working with them.

brendanc18
9/12/17

Purchased a one-time license for Visual Studio from this site a few months ago. Thought I downloaded/installed it, but apparently I had the trial version (ok, my fault -- fair enough). After the trial expired, the software asked to connect to my Microsoft account to confirm I had a license -- that's where the fun began.

I connected to my account, but Visual Studio was unable to find a license. I checked my email history for a receipt. The receipt had a "Download Now" link, so I clicked it -- but there was no record of the purchase, so it wouldn't provide a link. Sigh...

Filled out an online form describing the problem. The form asked for order details, etc. which I provided. Clicked "submit" and received an error that the "page was not found". Huh??

Called the support number. After navigating through their phone menu, which (for reasons unknown) asks you to enter a 3-digit code that it gives you verbally, among other information. Once I got to a human being, I was transferred FOUR times to different people "who would be able to help me". And of course, I had to repeat the problem to all four of them, and also my account number, order number, etc.

THEN I was transferred a FIFTH time to "commercial support". WARNING: if they transfer you to "commercial support" it means they're about to hang up on you. That's what happened to me. Twice. I'm asking for a refund.

dianeb150
7/15/17

Microsoft helped me resolve a problem with a Microsoft computer that wasn't even purchased through them. They helped me resolve the problem and helped me to purchase a new one through them....Never experience such customer service before!

travisb50
6/21/17

This was by far the worst experience I've ever had with a company. They are so incompetent at every step of the operation it's almost impressive that they're still in business. My warning is simple: if you can avoid, do so.

I won't write the whole story but I'll try to give a quick summary. I ordered a PC game online, and the order never went through, although they never told me that! I called them and they said I must wait "5-7 business days" before something is wrong and they will investigate the issue. After about 8 business days I called and spent literally 2.5 hours on the phone. I was put on hold at least 10 times for up to 25 minutes at a time, and the interaction involved at least 5 representatives and as many transfers. At each stage there was no hand-off so I had to re-explain the issue and go through a process involving confirmation that I was who I said I was.

I hoped this was the end of my saga but issues on their end continued to fail at EVERY STEP OF THE WAY and every step took the same "5-7 business days" before something is wrong and they will investigate the issue. So long story short, I dealt with the company through multiple phone calls, representatives, and failures on their end FOR 6 WEEKS before I finally got my refund. Honestly this almost seems illegal.

They wasted so much money in personnel costs on this one very simple issue that I can't imagine how they are still in business. In fact, isn't Microsoft a relatively respected brand? Baffling. I will never shop with them again and will warn everyone I know to stay away.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site!!!!!

luiss75
6/13/17

lexib8
6/3/17

Personally I trust the site however I`m buying all the microsoft products at my local authorised stores only. Using the site for getting something free.

lino108
4/27/17

Most trust able service brand indeed! My first computer brand and still MS is my priority. Their customer support as always excellent.

alexc179
3/31/17

This site can hold orders for many hours before releasing the product (4+ hours so far) Even calling in to customer service is useless.

Tip for consumers: Buy from elsewhere.

billh140
2/18/17

...thing I got here is Win10. And it was free... I dunno if the store is worth using, guess just not for me. But if to say about the store - its navigation is quite convenient and intuitive - good design.

kerris11
2/15/17

I ordered 2 x laptops online but I'd made a mistake with my credit card number. They contacted me immediately and rectified over the phone. Very polite and helpful man. He said it would be 3 to 5 business days for delivery. The laptops came today!!! Just the very next day after ordering them. Fantastic service!!

pl959
1/14/17

Purchased a DELL laptop in Feb 2016. Had cooling fan problems in December 2016, noisy and overheats. NO SERVICE HERE - call Dell. Dell says registration is not correct, will look into it - back and forth - no RMA, no service, no useable laptop.

NEVER AGAIN - price was good but if you need it serviced good luck with that!

tamarac19
1/1/17

I was amazed they had the best deal on headphones I was searching everywhere for. Received them in less the a week and are so happy. Will be shopping there more often

toml124
12/13/16

Called them after placing online order to make slight change. They ended up shipping and billing twice. Still waiting 3 weeks for refund after shipping second order back.

kevinb189
11/23/16

Its everything there Laptops, Softwares etc. I Bought Surface Pro 3 and it's ok, I got my warrenty and my check, Fully Satisfied, Thank you

nickd71
11/10/16

Good prodcucts when it comes to business. At a fair price.

47 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the MicrosoftStore staff and other customers.

MicrosoftStore?