gear-up.me

gear-up.me has a consumer rating of 4.57 stars from 106 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with gear-up.me most frequently mention customer service, online store and many thanks. gear-up.me ranks 10th among Computer sites.

This company responds to reviews, but usually not within the first month

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 90.9%

• Excellent customer service... absolutely will recommend the site to all of my family, friends, and colleague.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate gear-up.me?

“Excellent product”

Stephen C.
5/12/20

Purchased a gaming set up for nearly 10,000 aed. Ordering was easy and advice was freely given. Purchase arrived quickly and was as described. 7 days later the computer stopped working, likely problem is a bust graphics card. Emailed the company but due to limited people in the office they were slow to reply. Courier collected the broken computer, fixed it within a week and courier delivered 2 days later. Why 4 stars and not 5? Communication with the company is difficult. Could be due to covid 19 restrictions.

“The store refused to return the money”

Nikita P.
1/27/21

I asked to cancel my laptop charger order and get my money back. The support service replied that they do not refund the money for the order, but can only provide a discount on another product. I consider it a violation of consumer rights

customer service (20)
alib56
November 6th, 2016

My 1st and only experience (so far), i bought a 5.25" internal card reader for my PC from them and what i have to say or i have noticed is:
(a) They sent the item in it's original box ONLY, it just arrived as it is so there were no protection packaging for the cases of falling or bumping or poor handling (Definitely a mistake from them), it's a small item and it was only put in the courier/shipper plastic bag!

(b) The box itself had signs of wear, tears and bumps (courier's fault) even though they were relatively minor however, luckily the item inside was in perfect brand new condition.

(c) The shipping of the item was actually slow considering that it's from a neighboring country (Emirates), it took around 20 days to arrive from a neighboring country while items from Amazon take 10-14 days to arrive from the US which is located i other continent!

Would i buy from them again in the near future? I probably would, but i hope this kind of negligence and these silly mistakes never happen again because it won't be tolerated.

ahnafa
February 26th, 2015

First PSU I buy, they ship wrong product, but in return they gave me a game coupon
Second I buy many times and then the MOBO came defective, contacted support, waited 3 DAYS! Then got a reply, took 2 days for delivery to come, 2 days to deliver, then they said its going to take 3 weeks, I am here waiting for my mobo

lizag29
September 23rd, 2020

Highly recommended online store, especially Maynard, the Customer Support Agent. He knows very well what his doing and he's so helpful.
Even if in some items their prices are high, we still choose to buy from them because they help us choose the best product for us.

Dear Liza,
Thank you for your review! We will forward it to Maynard so he is even more motivated!
We are always working on improving our services including searching for new suppliers to be able to offer competitive prices on every level.

We are looking forward to seeing you shop with us again soon!

omara167
May 2nd, 2020

Could not be any happier with the build that the team put together. From initial chats with Lidel who is very helpful to the end product I am really happy with how it has turned out. Lidel was super helpful through the process, he suggested better options for the build and gave advice which made the PC better than I could ever have imagined

adilets
March 29th, 2020

Awesome, excellent PC was built! "Now we are IN WIN".
Many thanks to Mr. Lidel and his professional Team!

hileyp
March 27th, 2020

Customer service is awesome there indeed. When I had a shipping delay they contacted me shortly and kept me updated every day.

rodr73
February 16th, 2020

Excellent customer service... absolutely will recommend the site to all of my family, friends, and colleague. Thank you gear-up.me. Surely will place my future order from you again...

stephenc612
May 12th, 2020

Purchase arrived quickly and was as described.

Dear Stephen,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it as it always helps us to improve the service we provide to our customers.
After a quick investigation, I found out that Rory (who seems to be dealing with us on your behalf) has 3 open tickets with us and all of them were attended by our technical team. It seems like the graphics card has artifacts that are a manufacturing defect and we have already contacted the manufacturer for help.
Please, be patient in case you don't receive an immediate email response. As you know there are restrictions on working personal numbers per office now in Dubai. We are doing what we can to respond within a couple of hours and resolve all customers' requests on time.
Yours / Rory's case is treated with urgency and our team will get back to him shortly.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. Stay safe.
Have a great day,
Zee, Customer Service Supervisor at Gear-up.me

gemmaa22
September 15th, 2020

We finally found an excellent online store. Great Customer service, he easily managed to find the item we wanted to buy. The price are good and they assure as that the products are brand new.

Dear Gemma,
You just made our day! Many thanks for your review. We are always happy when our effort results in a happy customer!
We are looking forward to seeing you shopping with us again soon.

nikitap25
January 27th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Do not use the services of this store

Products used:
Laptop charger

Dear Nikita,
Thank you for your review and feedback.
I am sorry for the misunderstanding you had with our agent. We have taken steps to improve our communication with customers to avoid this misunderstanding in the future.
We provide store credits for canceled orders to avoid cancelations fees imposed by payment gateways and VISA with Mastercard.

I can see that you have already received your order and it was cleared to your satisfaction.

Feel free to reach us anytime at +971 4 223 1780 or +971 56 390 5905 should you need any help or assistance with your next purchase.

jamalm35
May 2nd, 2020

Bought a PC from this store, I chose all the parts and the team built it. Lidel was in constant communication with me answering my questions and recommending me parts, which I really appreciate. The PC even came earlier than expected and the overall build quality is top notch. Thanks again.

lesliep179
February 20th, 2020

I love working with gear-me. They have guided me to workstation that I really wanted. Staff are all approachable specially lidel.
I even recommended it to our office.

xb4
February 28th, 2021

Of all the times a had an transaction with the company, all of my requests were handled professionally. Thanks gear-up team!

Dear X. B.,
Many thanks for your review and feedback. We are happy when we customers are returning to us because they not only appreciate our large selection but as well our team's service and attitude.

jamalz2
May 21st, 2020

Delivered very fast laptop works great. Product is original brand new. Very happy with the team fast response thank you!

Dear Jamal,
Many thanks for shopping with us and for this 5-star review. We are always excited when customers enjoy shopping with us and it gives us the motivation to work even harder on our customers' shopping experience.

We are looking forward to see you shopping with us again soon!

Please, Feel free to reach us anytime during work hours at +971 4 223 1780 or +971 56 33 88 642 for help or further consultation. We are here for you.

aysm
October 20th, 2020

Excellent service, extremely satisfied with the sales transaction, and the customer service far exceeded my high expectations and request! Thank you for exceeding the typical customer service. It's very evident that this company cares and values their business.

Dear Ays,
Many thanks for your review and kind words. It is a pleasant experience to receive such recognition for our work especially in a time of many restrictions and difficulties!
We hope you are enjoying your ordered products.
We are looking forward to seeing you shopping with us again soon.

adhama7
November 5th, 2020

I recently bought a keyboard from here and it was a bit troublesome at first but they had a very good customer service agent named Maynard, he helped me through my purchase. My keyboard arrived with some keys out of the sockets in the box though, but at least it wasn't damaged. My order was received swiftly. Even though the prices here is higher than usual. In the end I got what I wanted.

Dear Adham,
Many thanks for your review. We are sorry that you have experienced some issue first but we are happy that it got resolved and you are enjoying your keyboard as it was meant to be enjoyed!
Please, note that you have 1-year warranty on your keyboard so if anything happens, please let us know.

jefs4
March 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

This card is nowhere to be found, luckily gave them a call about it. Thanks John for securing the card for me. Cheers mate!

Products used:
Graphic card

nevermindw
March 4th, 2020

Shopping online, I was careful to find and buy a product whose description precisely fitted my needs. When it arrived (after a little mix-up about the delivery, but that's another story) it turned out to be not quite what I wanted, after all, and not right for use in the UAE. There followed a quite lengthy back-and-forth, (fixing the delivery) establishing the exact nature of the problem - complete with photos - and what was going to be done about it.

Although it was frustrating to have to go through this, their customer service was unfailingly polite and positive, and I got the clear impression that they really cared about making sure I got what I wanted. And I did! Eventually. The website still needs work, and I suspect that there's a bit of a disconnect between their fulfilment and follow-up, but I have already recommended them to one colleague, and expect to do so again.

abdullahs39
July 17th, 2020

One of their employee from support team has helped me throughout the buying process of my gaming PC. I am happy with my new PC because i could really select what I want in it so it has all the features I need for my gaming and video editing. Great service & support!

Dear Abdullah,
Many thanks for your review and words of appreciation! We love to build top-end and customized PCs and to help our customers to get their dream PC with peace of mind.

misuahc
December 19th, 2019

Choosing for the right online shop makes me worried, as i always encounter problems with the delivered items ( wrong items). But with gear up i don't feel hesitant because one of my friends recommend them with the good service she experience while purchasing with them.
And they prove it, and as a matter of fact i'm now their regular customer :)

mp551
February 28th, 2021

I recommend their support! My orders were settled professionally! I'm already recommending to my friends!

Dear M P,
Many thanks for your review and all the stars. Nothing makes us happier than our customers recommending us to their friends and family.

mohamadj4
April 27th, 2020

I have received the item damaged and till now, i didn't receive any replacement of my product. I have already sent pictures and contacted the customer support and no responses till now.
I do not recommend purchasing from this supplier.

Dear Mohamad,
Thank you for your review and valuable feedback. I appreciate your time on the phone so we could discuss the issue in detail. It helps us further improve our service and train our team to attend the customer's complaints better.
Despite selling only brand new and factory sealed products it might happen that on rare occasions the product might be malfunctioning. In that case, we are proceeding with a warranty claim. As I explained over the phone it was a misunderstanding when our agent didn't provide you the complete answer and he did not explain the procedure. We will proceed with product collection and replacement now. Once again, please accept our apology for miscommunication.
Have a great day.
Zee, Customer Service Supervisor, Gear-up.me

kerubom
June 16th, 2021

I want to say t am very happy with this site
They are true and products are good and very quick service but also to mention that their support is outstanding thank u again

abdullahy7
June 18th, 2020

As I wanted and performance as expected, just gotta be careful with your build and make good research about it

Dear Abdullah,
Thank you for your review. Our PC build team is here to help customers to make the right decisions when it comes to PC builds or just discuss ideas to help customers to realize what they need.
We are happy that your PC fulfilled the expectations and you are enjoying it.

jessyt11
June 25th, 2020

I was buying a gaming PC for the first time and was not familiar with the technology and features. A guy from Gear-Up.Me has suggested the perfect gaming PC and gave me all the information about its features.

Thanks for all the support!

Dear Jessy,
Thank you for your review. Our PC build team is here to assist customers no matter how experienced.
We are happy that your PC fulfilled the expectations and you are enjoying it.

Have a great day, Zee, Customer Service Supervisor at Gear-up.me

Hello Mohammed, Thank you for your question. We do offer shipping to Iraq on our website because of the limitations from Customs and shipping partners. However, we can always consider the option based on the project. Please let us know what are products you want to purchase via email (support@gear-up.me) and one of our Customer Service agents will investigate how can we help to make it happen. If you have further questions, feel free to reach us anytime at +971 4 223 1780 or +971 56 33 88 642 Have a great day, Zee Customer Service Supervisor at Gear-up.me

By Michal m.,

Hi S. R., Thank you for your message and your interest in shopping with us. We offer standard UAE 1year warranty on everything we sell and extended 2years warranty on selected products. It means we will take care of sorting out the warranty claim for you. Please let us know at support@gear-up.me what is the laptop you are planning to buy. If manufacturers provide international warranty on the selected models you can as well approach them directly when our 1yr/2yrs warranty expires. Hope this helps. Have a great day. Gear-up.me support team.

See more answers (2)

Dear Salman, We do ship to more than 20 countries in Middle East, Africa and Asia. The regular catalog items are shipped as follows: Once you place the order we will proceed it as per our delivery cycle: Currently Gear-Up.me ships your orders twice a week - Wednesday and Sunday. In order to take advantage of it please place your order: - no later than Monday 6pm for Wednesday Shipping - no later than Thursday 6pm for Sunday Shipping International customers please kindly add 2-3 working days for courier delivery once shipped (depends on how exact is the address you enter and then customs clearance). Please feel free to contact our customer Support Team on support@gear-up.me for more information. Have a nice day.

By Zee G.
See more answers (2)

Hello, thank you for your question. We ship to KSA with FedEx and usually, it takes 3-5 working days to deliver your order after placing the order online. If you have any further questions, please, call us (+971 4 223 1780) or email us to support@gear-up.me. Have a great day, Z.

By Michal m.,

Dear Arbaz, Thank you for your interest in shopping with us. We do ship to Pakistan as well and we usually use DHL as a courier to ensure smooth delivery without problems. However as the customs procedure is out of our hands we can't 100% guarantee how much it will be and whether there will be any delays (despite we always ensure that all documents are provided to avoid it). Please, for more information and quicker response, kindly contact our customer service team at support@gear-up.me. Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great day, your Gear-up.me Support team!

By Michal m.,

Dear PeeJay, thank you for your question. Yes, you will receive the product in original packaging with all accessories and brand new with one year warranty. We at Gear-up.me are selling only brand new and genuine products. We are not a market place so all products are directly from us and you have 1 year warranty from us. Let us know at support@gear-up.me should you have any further questions. Have a great day. Your gear-up.me team

By Michal m.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the gear-up.me staff and other customers.

Shop wide range of Computer parts, hardware and accessories from the best online seller. We provide express courier delivery in the UAE and Middle East.

Michal m.
Usually responds not within the first month

How do I know I can trust these reviews about gear-up.me?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.6
Have a question about gear-up.me?