gear-up.me

gear-up.me has a consumer rating of 4.54 stars from 94 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. gear-up.me also ranks 9th among Computer sites.

• I can't talk about their quality of customer service or anything about the returns policy as I did not use it.
  • Great follow up from customer support which is rare here in UAE.

• I email their support team for several times but nobody answered, until I vulgarly write a comment on their facebook.
How would you rate gear-up.me?

“Amazing PC Build”

Omar A.
5/2/20

Could not be any happier with the build that the team put together. From initial chats with Lidel who is very helpful to the end product I am really happy with how it has turned out. Lidel was super helpful through the process, he suggested better options for the build and gave advice which made the PC better than I could ever have imagined

“Poor customer service when you have a problem”

Stephen C.
5/12/20

Purchased a gaming set up for nearly 10,000 aed. Ordering was easy and advice was freely given. Purchase arrived quickly and was as described. 7 days later the computer stopped working, likely problem is a bust graphics card. Emailed the company, never received a response. Phoned the company on several occasions, got passed fron one department to another. All promised to phone me back. No one ever did.

customer service (18) customer support (9) support team (4) gaming pc (4) sales service (4) many thanks (4)
omara167
May 2nd, 2020
nevermindw
March 4th, 2020
Shopping online, I was careful to find and buy a product whose description precisely fitted my needs. When it arrived (after a little mix-up about the delivery, but that's another story) it turned out to be not quite what I wanted, after all, and not right for use in the UAE. There followed a quite lengthy back-and-forth, (fixing the delivery) establishing the exact nature of the problem - complete with photos - and what was going to be done about it.

Although it was frustrating to have to go through this, their customer service was unfailingly polite and positive, and I got the clear impression that they really cared about making sure I got what I wanted. And I did! Eventually. The website still needs work, and I suspect that there's a bit of a disconnect between their fulfilment and follow-up, but I have already recommended them to one colleague, and expect to do so again.
adilets
March 29th, 2020
Awesome, excellent PC was built! "Now we are IN WIN".
Many thanks to Mr. Lidel and his professional Team!!!
hileyp
March 27th, 2020
Customer service is awesome there indeed. When I had a shipping delay they contacted me shortly and kept me updated every day.
jeanner66
December 19th, 2019
Thank you for your fast delivery service. I didn't need to make a follow up. I hope that you will continue to make all your items available at all times. I waited for about two weeks for my item to be available.
alib56
November 6th, 2016
My 1st and only experience (so far), i bought a 5.25" internal card reader for my PC from them and what i have to say or i have noticed is:
(a) They sent the item in it's original box ONLY, it just arrived as it is so there were no protection packaging for the cases of falling or bumping or poor handling (Definitely a mistake from them), it's a small item and it was only put in the courier/shipper plastic bag!!

(b) The box itself had signs of wear, tears and bumps (courier's fault) even though they were relatively minor however, luckily the item inside was in perfect brand new condition.

(c) The shipping of the item was actually slow considering that it's from a neighboring country (Emirates), it took around 20 days to arrive from a neighboring country while items from Amazon take 10-14 days to arrive from the US which is located i other continent!!

Would i buy from them again in the near future? I probably would, but i hope this kind of negligence and these silly mistakes never happen again because it won't be tolerated.
stephenc612
May 12th, 2020
Purchase arrived quickly and was as described.
Emailed the company, never received a response.
Dear Stephen,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it as it always helps us to improve the service we provide to our customers.
After a quick investigation, I found out that Rory (who seems to be dealing with us on your behalf) has 3 open tickets with us and all of them were attended by our technical team. It seems like the graphics card has artifacts that are a manufacturing defect and we have already contacted the manufacturer for help.
Please, be patient in case you don't receive an immediate email response. As you know there are restrictions on working personal numbers per office now in Dubai. We are doing what we can to respond within a couple of hours and resolve all customers' requests on time.
Yours / Rory's case is treated with urgency and our team will get back to him shortly.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. Stay safe.
Have a great day,
Zee, Customer Service Supervisor at Gear-up.me
jessj25
March 25th, 2018
My experience with gear-up has been very positive. I bought a synology NAS from them and there was a fault with it a few months later. Fixing this was covered within Gear-up's 1 year warranty and they were happy to oblige. Since the product could not be fixed, I got an upgraded replacement instead. Though this took more than a month an a half, the customer service staff were very supportive. Overall a good experience.
rodr73
February 16th, 2020
Excellent customer service... absolutely will recommend the site to all of my family, friends, and colleague. thank you gear-up.me. surely will place my future order from you again...
mohamadj4
April 27th, 2020
I have received the item damaged and till now, i didn't receive any replacement of my product. I have already sent pictures and contacted the customer support and no responses till now.
I do not recommend purchasing from this supplier.
Dear Mohamad,
Thank you for your review and valuable feedback. I appreciate your time on the phone so we could discuss the issue in detail. It helps us further improve our service and train our team to attend the customer's complaints better.
Despite selling only brand new and factory sealed products it might happen that on rare occasions the product might be malfunctioning. In that case, we are proceeding with a warranty claim. As I explained over the phone it was a misunderstanding when our agent didn't provide you the complete answer and he did not explain the procedure. We will proceed with product collection and replacement now. Once again, please accept our apology for miscommunication.
Have a great day.
Zee, Customer Service Supervisor, Gear-up.me
ahnafa
February 26th, 2015
First PSU I buy, they ship wrong product, but in return they gave me a game coupon
Second I buy many times and then the MOBO came defective, contacted support, waited 3 DAYS!! then got a reply, took 2 days for delivery to come, 2 days to deliver, then they said its going to take 3 weeks, I am here waiting for my mobo
jamalm35
May 2nd, 2020
Bought a PC from this store, I chose all the parts and the team built it. Lidel was in constant communication with me answering my questions and recommending me parts, which I really appreciate. The PC even came earlier than expected and the overall build quality is top notch. Thanks again.
lesliep179
February 20th, 2020
I love working with gear-me. They have guided me to workstation that I really wanted. Staff are all approachable specially lidel.
I even recommended it to our office.
jamalz2
May 21st, 2020
Delivered very fast laptop works great. Product is original brand new. Very happy with the team fast response thank you !
stuw5
April 27th, 2020
Bought a quite expensive monitor - but on arrival the bezel was wonky and the picture had a dark shadow in the centre. contacted them but they wont simply replace - they want to claim on the manufacturer warranty!! what after a few days???!!! they have NO RETURNS POLICY - if its broken when delivered its YOUR PROBLEM and not theirs. dont buy anything from these guys that is expensive. They want pictures and videos and then they decide and then they will contact the warranty people etc.... a good company should simply replace within a week of delivery. really shoddy... considering that the things they sell are high priced items AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Dear Stu,
Thank you for your review and for providing valuable feedback. We are sorry that you are experiencing an issue with your monitor and we are here to help.
Please note that our return policy is available on our website (https://gear-up.me/returns-exchange). In case the product is DOA or broken on arrival we proceed with the replacement. Later reporting of the issue (as in your case) falls under Warranty Claim and then it has to be forwarded to the manufacturer’s service center to be evaluated to exclude CID (Customer Induced Damage).
We are always taking care of the warranty claim and urging our partners’ service centers to resolve the warranty claim as soon as possible and in favor of our customers.
Our customer service agent will contact you to arrange the collection and processing of the Warranty Claim for you.
Thank you for your understanding.
Have a great day.
Zee, Customer Service Supervisor, Gear-up.me
misuahc
December 19th, 2019
Choosing for the right online shop makes me worried, as i always encounter problems with the delivered items ( wrong items ). But with gear up i don't feel hesitant because one of my friends recommend them with the good service she experience while purchasing with them.
And they prove it, and as a matter of fact i'm now their regular customer :)
walida17
April 25th, 2020
One of the staff members helped me all the way through buying my pc, great service ,great pc, and lots of options.
fuada6
November 12th, 2019
A tablet was purchased and shipped to Saudi Arabia and received within 5 days ..Beautiful customer service
hatimk1
June 27th, 2019
I got my first gaming rig built from Gear-up and it was very important that everything is spot on. These guys made it possible by matching my requirements and specifications. James was very patient and helpful with his suggestions. Delivery was on time and well managed. There's nothing more I could ask for, oh and they offer great after sales service as well.
arlynz
September 18th, 2019
I'm very happy that I've found an online store that could offer lots of computer products by far. Im looking for HP Elite x2 1013 G3 tablet and they are the only online store who has stock. Im amazed how fast my transaction was and how accommodating their customer support agent Mr Maynard! He keep me posted in very step of my transaction and explains every details specially about the shipment here in the Philippines. Thank you Sir Maynard and Thank You Gear-Up!
hendrickh1
October 3rd, 2019
I'm satisfied with the service and products received, having bought a custom PC as well as peripherals. Though there where some complications, James and team went the extra mile to assemble the PC in office to the specifications and within my time requirements. A special thanks to them, and I will be a returning customer for sure.
angelos73
September 17th, 2019
This online store competes to AMAZON than other online shops. Their staff is very accomodating, Especially Maynard.
rishikeshp
December 22nd, 2019
It is not about the product but the service provided by Gearup and their support team.
Excellent Service.
yayag1
April 10th, 2019
This company is really great as they provide instant service and treat anything and everything with extreme care. Recently my PCs ram broke and I emailed them, a very short time later they told me the would retrieve it that day and give it back to me the next day. I got it and it worked perfectly with low charge as my warranty for 12 months had expired. I would highly recommend this company as they are great and really kind and respectful to their customers!
khaleda66
November 27th, 2019
Best computer hardware provider website. With instant support from customer service team.
Good luck,

Hi S.R., Thank you for your message and your interest in shopping with us. We offer standard UAE 1year warranty on everything we sell and extended 2years warranty on selected products. It means we will take care of sorting out the warranty claim for you. Please let us know at support@gear-up.me what is the laptop you are planning to buy. If manufacturers provide international warranty on the selected models you can as well approach them directly when our 1yr/2yrs warranty expires. Hope this helps. Have a great day. Gear-up.me support team.

See more answers (2)

Dear Salman, We do ship to more than 20 countries in Middle East, Africa and Asia. The regular catalog items are shipped as follows: Once you place the order we will proceed it as per our delivery cycle: Currently Gear-Up.me ships your orders twice a week - Wednesday and Sunday. In order to take advantage of it please place your order: - no later than Monday 6pm for Wednesday Shipping - no later than Thursday 6pm for Sunday Shipping International customers please kindly add 2-3 working days for courier delivery once shipped (depends on how exact is the address you enter and then customs clearance). Please feel free to contact our customer Support Team on support@gear-up.me for more information. Have a nice day.

By Zee G.
See more answers (2)

Dear Arbaz, Thank you for your interest in shopping with us. We do ship to Pakistan as well and we usually use DHL as a courier to ensure smooth delivery without problems. However as the customs procedure is out of our hands we can't 100% guarantee how much it will be and whether there will be any delays (despite we always ensure that all documents are provided to avoid it). Please, for more information and quicker response, kindly contact our customer service team at support@gear-up.me . Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great day, your Gear-up.me Support team!

By Michal m.,

Dear PeeJay, thank you for your question. Yes, you will receive the product in original packaging with all accessories and brand new with one year warranty. We at Gear-up.me are selling only brand new and genuine products. We are not a market place so all products are directly from us and you have 1 year warranty from us. Let us know at support@gear-up.me should you have any further questions. Have a great day. Your gear-up.me team

By Michal m.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the gear-up.me staff and other customers.

Shop wide range of Computer parts, hardware and accessories from the best online seller. We provide express courier delivery in the UAE and Middle East.

Michal m.
Owner / Executive
Typically responds within 4 hours

How do I know I can trust these reviews about gear-up.me?

Have a question about gear-up.me?