Review of MadisonSeating

Tel: 888-704-3435
service@madisonseating.com

jillh7
2/1/12

This is by far one of the worst customer service experiences I have EVER had. First off, the four chairs that we purchased arrived late. Then two of them broke and needed to be sent back for repair. The process of finding out what I needed to do to have these chairs repaired took weeks. This company does not care about their customers. When our chairs finally arrived back to us they were the wrong size! I have been dealing with this company for months and I sincerly warn anyone from entering any business dealings with them.

sobieslawm
1/20/12

First of all they did not deliver on time. Second, the chair was extremely poor quality, the adjustment mechanism broke down after three weeks use. I've tried to get this product replaced or repaired, or claim 30 days money guarantee Madison Seating offers. They replied there is no warranty, there is no money back, I cannot replace the chair because "I was supposed to file a claim immediately with the carrier when it arrived". When I unpacked the chair it seemed ok, but it did not last more than 3 weeks. They either sold me extremely poor quality product or the one with latent defect and they did not want to find a solution for the problem. They do not reply to my emails on time, they promise on the phone they would come back with some solution or at least the answer the next day. They never do. I had to send numerous reminders so they could finally reply that I am not entitled to get the money back, or replacing the item even when it doesn't work after 3 weeks of normal use. Very bad customer service, very bad quality product for approx $200 price."

jadenm2
11/29/11

I recently made two different purchases from Madison Seating online
furniture company. My husband and I absolutely love their selection,
but their exquisite customer service is what I am beyond pleased with
with. Madison seating makes furniture shopping such an easy, quick and
inexpensive experience that my husband made another order the week
after the first. I am super pleased with my shopping experience at
Madison seating. Looking forward to my next purchase!

jenniferw13
7/27/11

I don't know why no one had a good experience!! This truly was such a breeze. Asked the sales rep a few questions, placed the order and received it all in one week! Everyone was friendly and the technician sat on the phone for twenty minutes helping me learn how to use my chair. I want everyone to try this company

annj4
7/22/11

not sure

seanf4
7/14/11

I ordered a desk that was being sold on the Madison Seating website for $343. I had found the same desk on another website for about $15 cheaper but preferred the more professional looking Madison Seating website and went with them instead since they claimed they price match. My order was placed on a Friday but by Tuesday I had an email stating that they were not able to get the item and had canceled the sale. I checked the website Thursday just to see if it was still listed and found the same desk selling for $389... So they cancelled my order and raised the price. Great customer service!!

caseym5
6/28/11

Promised 6 weeks in advance that they would deliver by a deadline. They totally failed. Talked to the manager, who said, basically, too bad.

dzianiss
6/11/11

This furniture website is TOTAL SCAM !!! NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM !!! Not professional, treating their customers like...i even don't have words to describe it. I'll tell you why . The 90% of my shopping that is online shopping . and bying in madisonseating.com that was the WORST EXPERIENCE in my entire life! I ordered a leather sofa from Madisonseating about two weeks ago they told me that i will get my order in 10 bussines days. Yesterday i called to confirm my delivery and to verify that the items I wanted were in stock. because i'm not living at this house it's my summer house and I need to go there to meet delivery guy. Lady that answer the phone was completely RUDE. I was told that my order was NOT IN STOCK. THEY CANCEL MY DELIVERY AND NEVER LET ME KNOW ABOUT THIS!!! They never called me to let me know... If i wouldn't check my email i never found out about cancelation ! so i losing more than two week's time, which was very critical to me. Because i was buying this sofa for my kids that they would have place to sleep while we are in our summer house. they ruined my plans for this summer. Such a web site doesn't have right to sell online at all.

marcusb1
5/18/11

I ordered a table and chairs from Madison Seating. Since I live in Canada, the shipping wasn't free, but was supposed to be $150. The chairs were backordered 2 months (which they had no intention of telling me until i phoned wondering why the chairs didn't arrive with the table.) I changed the chairs on the order, but instead of changing the order, they created me a new order and charged me an additional $75 shipping.
Customer service reps were rude, and could care less that their automated system was charging people additional charges without warning. Additionally, tracking numbers were never sent, as promised, once the items were shipped.
All in all, dishonest company that seeks refuge behind their phones knowing that they don't have to put faces to the names they deal with. Stay away.

michaelg22
4/12/11

great products and greater prices. they price match. furnished my backyard in my florida home and subsequently purchased a few office chairs.

very helpful reps too.

To the guy underneath me - i think you meant to post that ad on the trucking companies review page

joshs3
4/7/11

What a saga it was just to deliver a simple desk. The freight delivery company they used here in southern California was horrible. They never called to schedule delivery, just decided to head out and attempt to show up but then called me after they got lost where I had to spend a half hour giving them turn-by-turn directions.

After all that they didn't even deliver the desk, because I wasn't home since they didn't bother to schedule delivery ahead of time. I specifically instructed them to drop it off at the leasing office of my apartment so they wouldn't have to come out again. I come home to find no package at the office then tell me they would need to charge me $100 to attempt delivery again because I couldn't take their initial surprise delivery.

After a week of going back and forth with the delivery company and finally with Madison, they took care of not charging me $100 for another delivery attempt, which is the only reason I gave them 2 stars. So I finally take delivery of my desk...except only one of the boxes contains parts of my desk in it. I opened the other box and it was the legs to a completely different item (coffee table?).

So here we go back to another round of dealing with customer service and the delivery company to return the random coffee table I got and get the legs to the desk I ordered. I still haven't gotten my whole desk yet, and while in the end I think they'll get everything to me, just...never again. Get a new delivery company, the one they use in the L.A. area at least has been a total pain.

louiss
2/24/11

I furnished my entire first floor with their merchandise! A Dining room table and chairs, and china cabinet, a sofa for my living room, a 3-piece coffee table set, and a kitchen table w/ 4 chairs for my kitchenette. so easy and simple.. I couldnt buy anywhere else because madison seating is the lowest price on the web! i placed my orders over the phone , one simple transaction, and furnished my entire first floor of my new home. products arrived in great condition and super fast! also the customer service people are so sweet and helpful!! highly reccomend!

elenr
2/23/11

Excellent prices, super fastt shipping.

Two thumbs up for Madison seating....

taylorh2
2/8/11

great price matching!

seanr7
1/31/11

So I ordered a Lider Chair from Madison Seating about three weeks ago. It came extremely quickly, within 5 business days. I didn't realize I was supposed to check the item before Fedex left, so I accepted the shipment. To my suprise, I opened the box and part of the chair was damaged. I'm assuming the damage was from the mis-care of the Fedex driver, since the packaging seemed very adequate.

However, I can't believe how nice Madison Seating has been with me. Even though I did not check the chair before I accepted the order, they permitted me to return the chair and get a new one.

I called in and explained to them what had happened, they asekd me to send in pictures to confirm that the chair ws actually damaged. After I did that and sent the e-mail in, I got a response within 24 hours. After that I was instructed to box the chair up again and that Fedex would come pick it up.

Fedex came to pick up the chair two days later, and Madison Seating received my chair another two days after that. As soon as Madison Seating received my chair they sent out my replacement, again, EXTREMELY QUICKLY!! I received my chair within a week, undamaged, unscathed, and brand new.

Madison Seating was awesome. What they did for me was extremely nice and most other companies would have charged me for the return shipping of the damaged chair since its my fault i did not inspect the merchandise upon arrival. Madison Seating did not charge me one penny!!

I highly recommend doing business with Madison Seating. You won't regret it.

christyr1
1/21/11

This is a great website. I know it may be hard to shop online because you don't get to see the products or test them out, but this website really makes it that much easier.

I ordered two office chairs and i was so pleased with this company that when i was moving into my new apartment i ordered my home furniture from them.

The bedroom furniture is magnificent! Such a pleasure to shop on this website. Upon arrival of the furniture, i see that it is exactly as described, right size, no flaws, and simple assembly. they packaged it great so that careless fedex drivers couldn't damage it.

i highly recommend madison seating to those who want a low price with good quality.

latticem
12/17/10

I actually had a great experience with Madison Seating.

Seeing these bad reviews compelled me to post a great one.

I ordered a dining table with four dining chairs from madison seating, received it very quickly, and in great condition.

i searched high and low for this dining set and saw it on many websites - and not only was madison seating the lowest price but they also helped me try to find a matching piece for my dining room.

their customer service is amazing, they send prompt e-mails and update the customer on EVERYTHING.

you never have to wonder what's going on with your order there!

i only have positive things to say about my experience with madison seating and i would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a trustworthy online shopping experience.

thanks for listening!

thomasc1
11/22/10

It is misleading. They sold us a chair, it arrived damaged, they refused to ship a replacement until they had received the broken chair back, even though Fed Ex had record of picking up the chair 10 days earlier. They claim they have great customer service, but the people are rude... even the supposed supervisors in charge. They should fire the lot.

esthera
9/16/10

I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about, I made an order with this company about a month ago for a 5 piece dining room set. the set was gorgeous, but there were some scuff marks from the manufacturer when they packed it. I was worried about what would happen, but MADISON SEATING WAS MORE THAN HELPFUL!! All i had to do was send in a picture of the table, which i sent from my cell phone, and they refunded me completely, and send me a new dining set that i got the next week!!! i've never been more satisfied with a companies return help. they were great!! so helpful. no hidden policies, no files to claim, no papers to fill out.

highly recommended!!!! great service!!! they really care about customer satisfaction!!

christinek1
8/27/10

I generally do not bother to write bad reviews for companies but madisonseating.com is absolutely horrendous! The couch we ordered came damaged and it took almost a month to have a replacement delivered. Now, another month later, we still have the broken couch sitting in our condo. Michael, one of the service agents is consistently rude and unapologetic. Louis, the manager is always "on vacation", and Susan continues to argue that this incident is not the company's fault! They are currently threatening to charge us if we throw this piece away, and REFUSING to pick it up!!! I am appalled that such a company is allowed to continue to exist. Save yourself the aggravation and find another retailer.

goia
8/6/10

Misleading and deceptive business practices.

I ordered an Aeron Posture Fit Chair by Herman Miller advertised for $649.99 that includes the posture fit kit.

I received the chair but in the shipping box I found a letter saying: "It appears just the Posture-fit Kit accessory per your order was not available at the time of shipment of your chair and we did not want to hold back your entire order for this item"

The letter confirms "you have not been charged for this accessory".

Indeed, they did not charge me for that. What they did was they sent me an item I had not ordered, the "Aeron Fully Loaded By Herman Miller" chair they offer at their website for $574.99.

The shipping charges for either of those chairs is $75.00. So the chair I got and the shipping charges I had to pay equals the charges they made to my credit card.

I could have purchased the "Aeron Fully Loaded By Herman Miller" from another vendor and I would have saved $20.00.

It is not a lot of money but it is a business practice that in my opinion is deceptive and misleading. If they do not have the item in stock, they should have contacted me, before shipping the item, to determine if it was ok to proceed in the way they did.

Congratulations, Madison Seating - you took $20.00 from a Goi. -

Hi Joyce. Feel free to reach out to our customer care department by emailing customerservice@madisonseating.com

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Alice. Thank you for your inquiry! Our records indicate that you placed an order with our company on 5/19/15. At that time, you were told the delivery time frame would be around 10-14 business days. Your chair is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow which is right within the time frame we estimated. The chair you purchased was part of our clearance sale section and the prices are reduced considerably so that yourr savings will be several hundred dollars. Due to the tremendous response on our clearance sale items, the delivery time gets estimated at 10-14 business days. Our customer's are willing to wait the extra few days on the shipping since our prices and services cannot be beat. Your purchase includes a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and 10 year warranty with Madisonseating.com. Feel free to contact our customer service department directly for more information relating specifically to your order. Enjoy your new chair!

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Joyce, Our company name is Madisonseating.com.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Patricia. We understand there was an error in the color chair you received. We offered to pick up the chair at our expense and issue a full refund as we are now sold out of the blue Aeron chair. We did not intentionally ship you an incorrect color chair. Mistakes happen. This was an honest mistake done by a packer, probably due to the holiday rush. The color black and blue are hard to discern on a mesh chair. Please return the chair at this point as your reaction to the error has been a tad excessive.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Lonnie. We do not simply cancel orders without there being a good reason. Your placed (2) separate orders with us and it appears you are confused by your purchases. The first order was processed successfully with the payment you provided and shipped in a timely manner. You were emailed a confirmation of this order along with an order number assigned for that transaction. On the second order you attempted to place you provided a new email address and an invalid credit card number. The order was flagged as a potentially fraudulent transaction and subsequently canceled. Again, an email confirmation with a DIFFERENT order number was emailed to you along with a notification indicating there was an issue with the payment provided. It appears you may have gotten confused by your own purchases. We are always available if you need further clarification on these 2 separate purchases.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

As an online company we are vigilant about fraud. You provided an invalid credit card number that was being declined by our processor. Your order has a high fraud rating and was flagged. If a customer is indeed legitimate and not looking to commit online fraud, they would have rectified the situation with the credit card and simply placed a new order online.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

The warranty we offer covers any mechanical issues that may arise during normal use of the product

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Thank you for your interest in Madison Seating, currently the largest retailer in North America for brand name office chairs at the lowest prices possible! The "Open Box Specials" featured on our website are a great way to save money on the best selling chairs on the market today. These brand name chairs are being sold for more than half off their retail value and will include free shipping!! "Open Box" simply means, the item is out of the original packaging. The chair was either, returned, refurbished, on display or has been in inventory for awhile and since been placed on a clearance. The merchandise is in perfect working condition. In addition, you will be provided with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee and 10-year Madison Seating warranty. We are so confident that our prices are currently the lowest on the internet we are willing to not only match but beat anyone selling these item(s) at a lower cost. Best regards, Allie Madison Seating 888-704-3435

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Fong, Our records indicate that you were sent an email apologizing for the error in sending you a the Size B chair and not the Size A chair as requested. We offered you a generous compensation to keep the incorrect size chair or the option of picking up the chair for full refund or exchange. In fact, a fedex pre-paid label was already sent to you. Please contact our customer service department if you did not receive this information. The Team at Madisonseating.com

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
Questions? Get answers from the MadisonSeating staff and other customers.

MadisonSeating?