LoveShack.org

LoveShack.org has a consumer rating of 2.47 stars from 77 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about LoveShack.org most frequently mention art critic problems. LoveShack.org ranks 75th among Dating sites.

• maybe theres a forum for people who are getting over forum closure without apology or reason...

• Ha where does one go when they can't bully helpless people reaching out for help?
  • Even when older posters are giving relationship advice, its flawed.
How would you rate LoveShack.org?

“Miss this place”

Mary S.
4/13/18

I was mostly a lurker, and so I didn't experience any problems with moderation like others have mentioned here. I truly enjoyed the dialogue on this site and the (mostly) sincere attempts to help others. The only downside I can think of is that sometimes posters in need of serious psychological help used the forums as pure (and repetitious) venting, which became frustrating for both them and the posters responding with advice.

“Total garbage and damaging”

Kevin J.
2/7/20

Some members are "paid members". An example could be "prepaph". A fat old lady without children who trolls every topic personally attacking men. If you debate a "paid member" you are given "points" then banned from the site from biased "monitors" like Tristan. Do not go here if you have a relationship issue. A liberal bunch of "man haters" that can attack you and are above reproach. It actually makes you despise the opposite sex if you stay here too long.

people (34) forum (35) advice (20) posts (14)
kevinj349
February 7th, 2020
amym190
April 18th, 2018
I was a longtime member on this site and will miss it if it's truly gone. There were a lot of fine people who posted there and I wish them all well. It was a very special spot and I'm grateful for the support, discussion, banter, love and laughter throughout the years.

To anyone who's reading this, until we meet again... take care and be good!

(((( Bye LS!))))
kahsk
January 21st, 2020
It's a garbage site - much like citydata.com (avoid that one too). In many ways, the posters remind me of a neighborhood I lived in. Poorly educated & high welfare where people changed partners repeatedly because, to be blunt, they were all losers (drunks & addicts).

You won't get any real or useful advice from this site. They are ok with affairs & cheating for one. Anyone who takes relationship advice from someone who gives a thumbs up to affairs needs psychological help, not internet help.
victore52
December 9th, 2019
Moderators will ban anyone they want to, I think. No second chances or appeals. Some posters can say almost anything, but if anyone complains, that's it.

You are nobody to them, a nameless entity, so easy to delete anything. Other forums have same issues, unfriendly censoring mods. No explanation given.
Of course, no one is really banned. Your computer is banned.
marys798
Mary S.
April 13th, 2018
melanied41
March 27th, 2018
He blocks and locks you down for the most pettiest of things. God forbid you say a cuss word or give someone some harsh advice because their clueless.
deepr4
April 30th, 2018
I made some massive blunders in my life and came upon the site where others had shared their experiences. I won't say all posts were helpful but they definitely helped me think straight taking all the perspectives shared in the thread. Now that I am somewhat at a better place, it makes me sad that the site is gone. Definitely got the help and support I needed the most at that point of my life.
jamesh2488
May 7th, 2020
People on that site must be foreigners with limited understanding of the English language. Or brain damaged. I wrote a very clear question. Two paragraphs. Very clear at the differences between myself & someone else.

One idiot who responded yammered on about something utterly irrelevant. And the other idiot who responded somehow got me & the other person confused.
jessicar727
January 1st, 2020
As others have said, the mods post under multiple user names. Even worse, some of them literally act like bullies and laugh at and mock your questions. They are extremely rude. My advice: Do not use this website!
leighw16
April 26th, 2018
Miss loveshack.org. Was on it 8 years. Became too busy with becoming a podiatrist to post any more, nor did I need loveshack anymore for my 3 year relationship which is still going strong. I did however just love reading about other situations, I learnt so much, I learnt such key fundamental dating tools that lead me to meeting the right guy in the end. It really reinforced good dating standards.

Just wanted to say goodbye.

From Leigh 87.
saras708
May 27th, 2020
Terrible site. This place condones affairs and thinks any woman with a child has a free pass to sleep with married men. Stay far away from this site if you care about your relationship.

Tip for consumers: Stay away

shac6
May 14th, 2020
Hi,
I'm Underpants. Posted on that site for many years, and it was good back in the 2000s. I of course got in a little trouble here and there, but then you could argue you case, email the moderator and work it out. This was before Robert/Art Critic (who I used to consider a nice person/friend). Never had a problem with Carhill/William. Neither were moderators in my time. I recall our moderator had a pee wee herman avatar and the name Tony.

I recently logged back in and in the Political thread criticized support of Trump. I found a quote by Robert posting as Art Critic supporting trump. I did quote it and asked why? What is it, given all he has done do you still stand behind this person? I though it a reasonable question that anyone should be able to answer, I was asking the poster Art Critic, not the moderator Robert. I do not see a way to communicate with moderators directly as it used to be. My post was deleted and I was issued some kind of acknowledge your wrong doings to post again (no way to reply, only acknowledge).

I tried to rejoin in April, most of my posts were edited with content removed and edited, which altered the context of my posts and had other posters inquire if I was okay.

My last attempt felt safe, a gardening thread, sharing gardening tips and how to grow our own food in a pandemic (did not use scary pandemic word). Just sharing tips. Again, my posts were modified and I was issued an "acknowledge to post" warning with no way to ask... what?

So I logged out and good luck.

There was a movement a few years ago (2015?) for Lovecrowd, by long term banned members, but I do not see it available any longer.

I just worry that without deleting my account the moderators can just make up words, as they already do, and I have no control. No option to delete my account.

Sad, used to be a cool place.
roberts3670
August 19th, 2020
Used to go here to get advice after breakups, got banned for no reason trying to help some people coping...

If you are a GUY do not bother going to LS, its a bunch of old miserable cat-ladies banning all men they can find. What a joke.

Feminine imperative, male censorship, crazy old feminists
philipe63
February 1st, 2020
Tristian and Robert should not be moderating any forum, least of all this one. They basically operate like little Hitlers, in their little world.
As you can see from other reviews, this is not a good place to discuss your personal life.

They're asking for money now. Complete joke.
janec776
October 8th, 2020
They suspend and ignore the concerns of regular users while letting specific bullies run rampant. They let one person harass me so badly that I will never go back. Then they blamed me for the awful things the other person said.
darrenb70
April 15th, 2018
I was quite a regular member at Loveshack and enjoyed reading and contributing to the forum. Have only just noticed however that the domain is no more, so I'm assuming either the actual owner or William or Robert had taken it down. Shame... seemed abit random as there were plenty of active users and I don't even think a few reviews on corrupt staff tarnished the reputation of the forum at all.
jeremym741
August 17th, 2020
I wanted to find a forum where I could discuss relationship issues with others in a safe, friendly and supportive environment. This is how it is advertised. While there were some members who were supportive and helpful, and some challenging, but not threatening, it quickly descended into a hatefest against me, including some quite serious defamations and libels that were not being tackled by the mods, and may even have been perpetrated by them. For example, my admission that I find a 24-year-old woman attractive was turned into suggestion that I was creepy and a paedophile. This is the level it descended to.

Many people who frequent sites such as these are emotionally vulnerable, and while it may be gratifying to demolish them in public, it is really quite harmful, in violation of their own terms of use, and probably verging on the criminal. I dread to think how many suicides these people are sparking off by their nasty comments.

I had deactivated my account and asked for all my records and the thread I initiated to be deleted from their server. Whether it will be or not remains to be seen. My guess is that they will crosslink the vile things said about me across social media, and I could face a Twitter storm of hate in due course, which is perhaps what these people enjoy doing to others.

Avoid this forum like the plague!
davidb4735
August 8th, 2020
What started out as a relatively positive experience was quickly soured by mods who arbitrarily delete posts and issue "Friendly Reminders", which are essentially a soft ban that requires the person's posts to be approved by a moderator for a specified number of days, without any explanation as to why or what the "violation" was. When you observe the moderator edits to other posts it is clear that they regularly edit and delete posts they personally disagree with. I discussed this issue with several long-time members of the site who confirmed that it is a chronic issue that they have experienced varying levels of frustration with over the years.

I expressed concerns about the site being a place of censorship when Paul, the owner, made an announcement that they were removing one of the reaction options and those concerns were actualized by the site's moderators.

Additionally, there is a fringe group of very jaded women who attack and discredit the advice that some men, like myself and others, gave to other men when it comes to dating. Advising members of my own gender on how to be more confident, build chemistry, and make more meaningful connections with women is bashed and discredited as "Pick Up Artist" advice by this particular group of women. One such woman said that inviting a woman out to dinner for a first date instead of the default "coffee date" was nothing more than a manipulative "technique" to pressure women into dates they felt obligated to go on with the purpose of getting them drunk and taking advantage of them. Unbelievable.

There is also a considerable Groupthink phenomenon running rampant on LS. It is the blind leading the blind on that site, with people giving terrible advice that doesn't work and only perpetuates the same dating woes that lead to them giving the terrible advice in the first place. One such person said that 80% of her first dates - primarily to coffee shops - never lead to a second date, which is why she went on coffee dates in the first place and also why she said she "doesn't bother to build chemistry". It was circular reasoning at its finest, but people liked the advice, agreed with it, and bashed the advice that actually works or that exposed the flaws in that kind of thinking. These are people who have little to no interest in actual personal growth or self-improvement and clearly just want to stay stuck and justify their own flawed ways of doing things that repeatedly lead to failure so that they can continue to set themselves up for more of it.

Taken collectively, this is one of the worst forums of any kind that I've ever participated on and I won't be returning.
jamesk1290
August 9th, 2020
Not sure why there are no positive reviews since 2018, but there are so many trolls and haters that they had to create a forum for them to chew on.
There are still relationship and whatever other forums but they do not get the traffic that the 'Proselytization & Warmongering' forums have. Sometimes wonder if the DOJ shut them down in 2018 as a hate group.
The site does have an easy to use ignore feature so it's possible to block out the sexist, racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, antisemitic rants so prevalent there.
Unfortunately the advice on the other threads is generally along the same vein as the old timers and trolls prefer.
jayneh23
April 9th, 2018
That's very funny. William banned me because I told the ugly truth to someone. He sent me a very rude email, getting stuck into me after I had the audacity to point out that someone was acting like a loser because she was running around after a married guy. He completely misinterpreted my post, his comprehension skills were very limited. That's extremely funny that the site has died. I hope William reads what people have said about him here, he is a 5 star $#*!head.
trenaw
Trena W.
April 30th, 2018
Hi guys, Skywriter here. I miss the members of Loveshack and wish there was a site where we could continue to meet up. Anyway, wishing everyone happy days ahead!
maryj1030
December 16th, 2019
This site is one of the worst out there for anyone who has been cheated on. It's filled with people who think cheating is okay. If you want to get into an affair, it's definitely the place for you to get sympathy, but that's about almost good for these days.
taram82
April 9th, 2018
Loveshack is no more. Perhaps all the negative reviews here killed it?

I liked some of the more philosophical and political discussions, and enjoyed engaging with people I didn't always agree with. That's where a site like LS can excel - in more general discussions about relationships, life and philosophy. I think people seeking advice tailored to their specific situation often ended up regretting putting their very personal stuff out there.

Was never a fan of Carhill/William. Various regulars gave him the nickname of "Carbundy" after he went through a phase of using pictures of Ted Bundy for his avatar. Every so often, I'd see a post from him where he'd express a wish to see the herd of humanity thinned out by some great plague or atrocity. Well, he certainly thinned out the herd on LS... and I'm not surprised to see that the site has finally died a death.

It's a shame it's completely disappeared though. Back in the day, before WillCarbundy took over and started banning anybody who swore, said anything remotely sarcastic or ventured a fraction outside the strict parameters he applied to discussions, some pretty great conversations and the odd bit of fun drama happened on that forum. Posters on it became real life friends, some even got married... so it's sad that it ended on such a low note.
cloudyh
May 8th, 2018
I have been looking for the site and just learned it was gone! So sad! It helped me through a difficult period in my life. Yes, there were trolls and mean comments were made at times (some directed towards me) but that is life. I enjoyed the insight provided by others who endured similar experiences. I wish Loveshack.org was back!
lolam38
April 14th, 2018
Where will all the mean judgemental critics I mean posters go? I am so glad this poor excuse for a Forum is gone, gone forever.

It bothered me knowing I poured my heart out there once. So glad it is gone--the words no longer on that horrid site--poof like magic.

William was the worst, such a cruel small "man". Ha where does one go when they can't bully helpless people reaching out for help?

Adios LS!

Art had a life. He has his own business, a wife, and a child that he loves to spend time with, from what I recall. He was mostly decent. I would never want to be a moderator, so I didn't envy them the job. One definitely took things too far, and was too harsh/rude/assumptions he made were insane at times. He was the only one to be rude to me, that I know of.

By Angela N.
See more answers (5)

Probably safer for anyone single that the place is gone really. Although l'm not in the USA and l think thank God, if the dating and relationship forums on LS are how it is there. Actually most of the American forums seem to have all the same stuff that l've seen. Couldn't believe or even stomach most of those threads and the mechanical souless ideas and attitudes, dating terms and a name for every breath when they go out with somebody, or 3 at once which seems to be the norm, really, is that how it really is there, God help them. Although no point really they think all that's just normal. And the attitudes by "everyone" about attraction and looks, were also off the reality charts, or they were obviously all the top 10% of the best looking people on the planet that just somehow wound up hanging out on LS. Desperate and dateless, dunno. Or maybe it's just the handful of lost singles that need to resort to those places and asking people with just as badder track record for advice, l dunno. But there was a few good people around also, and for those l won't get to chat with again that's a shame but l do also have a few good friends from there now also so at least that's something. The moderation was insane, unbelievably one sided when it came to men and women to, guys couldn't say a thing he'd delete it but women could talk like disgusting gutter rats about men and he'd allow it. Over all, l think it dissolving into oblivion has probably done the world one small favor anyway.

By chilli z.
See more answers (5)

Yes, there is an invite-only "other forum". A few points of note: - The forum that Paul P. Mentioned was started because LS posters who were active on the off-topic thread at that time were *specifically* requested by moderation to leave and continue their casual chatter elsewhere. So they left and continued their casual chatter elsewhere, as requested. - Anyone who thinks that people are spending THAT much time talking about them or trying to dig out "private" information about them are flattering themselves. Honestly. Most people have better things to do. - The main reason this forum is invite-only is, contrary to popular belief, for pragmatic purposes. It lowers hosting costs, people feel safer posting personal information, and it almost removes the need for any time spent on moderation. - I am not sure why this is such a point of contention. There are hundreds of thousands of closed forums and groups (e.g. On Facebook). What is the issue with this particular one?

By Melange R.