LoveShack.org

LoveShack.org has a consumer rating of 2.4 stars from 82 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about LoveShack.org most frequently mention relationship advice problems. LoveShack.org ranks 99th among Dating sites.

• maybe theres a forum for people who are getting over forum closure without apology or reason...

• Ha where does one go when they can't bully helpless people reaching out for help?
  • Even when older posters are giving relationship advice, its flawed.
How would you rate LoveShack.org?

“Miss this place”

Mary S.
4/13/18

I was mostly a lurker, and so I didn't experience any problems with moderation like others have mentioned here. I truly enjoyed the dialogue on this site and the (mostly) sincere attempts to help others. The only downside I can think of is that sometimes posters in need of serious psychological help used the forums as pure (and repetitious) venting, which became frustrating for both them and the posters responding with advice.

“The website is controlled by idiots”

Unhappy D.
1/24/21

Most of the time, if you post anything that doesn't fit the liberal narrative, it will be deleted and your account will be suspended, no matter how civil and polite you are. Only libertarian and conservative leaning posts get deleted while progressives can insult anyone they disagree with impunity. They must have hired rejects from Facebook and Twitter because it is the same kind of mindset. Don't waste your time posting there.

people (34) forum (35) advice (20) posts (14)
unhappyd6
January 24th, 2021

Don't waste your time posting there.

amym190
April 18th, 2018

I was a longtime member on this site and will miss it if it's truly gone. There were a lot of fine people who posted there and I wish them all well. It was a very special spot and I'm grateful for the support, discussion, banter, love and laughter throughout the years.

To anyone who's reading this, until we meet again... take care and be good!

(((( Bye LS!))))

leighw16
April 26th, 2018

Miss loveshack.org. Was on it 8 years. Became too busy with becoming a podiatrist to post any more, nor did I need loveshack anymore for my 3 year relationship which is still going strong. I did however just love reading about other situations, I learnt so much, I learnt such key fundamental dating tools that lead me to meeting the right guy in the end. It really reinforced good dating standards.

Just wanted to say goodbye.

From Leigh 87.

kevinj349
February 7th, 2020

Some members are "paid members". An example could be "prepaph". A fat old lady without children who trolls every topic personally attacking men. If you debate a "paid member" you are given "points" then banned from the site from biased "monitors" like Tristan. Do not go here if you have a relationship issue. A liberal bunch of "man haters" that can attack you and are above reproach. It actually makes you despise the opposite sex if you stay here too long.

darrenb70
April 15th, 2018

I was quite a regular member at Loveshack and enjoyed reading and contributing to the forum. Have only just noticed however that the domain is no more, so I'm assuming either the actual owner or William or Robert had taken it down. Shame... seemed abit random as there were plenty of active users and I don't even think a few reviews on corrupt staff tarnished the reputation of the forum at all.

kahsk
January 21st, 2020

It's a garbage site - much like citydata.com (avoid that one too). In many ways, the posters remind me of a neighborhood I lived in. Poorly educated & high welfare where people changed partners repeatedly because, to be blunt, they were all losers (drunks & addicts).

You won't get any real or useful advice from this site. They are ok with affairs & cheating for one. Anyone who takes relationship advice from someone who gives a thumbs up to affairs needs psychological help, not internet help.

marys798
Mary S.
April 13th, 2018

victore52
December 9th, 2019

Moderators will ban anyone they want to, I think. No second chances or appeals. Some posters can say almost anything, but if anyone complains, that's it.

You are nobody to them, a nameless entity, so easy to delete anything. Other forums have same issues, unfriendly censoring mods. No explanation given.
Of course, no one is really banned. Your computer is banned.

alexandrab55
May 1st, 2018

Ah, so many people's sagas--I'm already forgetting the names. There was a lot of wisdom on that site, and it probably helped curtail some of my foolishness. Don't know much about moderation, but I loved Carhill's posts... I took a star off because it is kind of nice to have a clearer head... I was addicted, like one gets to soap operas.

deepr4
April 30th, 2018

I made some massive blunders in my life and came upon the site where others had shared their experiences. I won't say all posts were helpful but they definitely helped me think straight taking all the perspectives shared in the thread. Now that I am somewhat at a better place, it makes me sad that the site is gone. Definitely got the help and support I needed the most at that point of my life.

melanied41
March 27th, 2018

He blocks and locks you down for the most pettiest of things. God forbid you say a cuss word or give someone some harsh advice because their clueless.

taram82
April 9th, 2018

Loveshack is no more. Perhaps all the negative reviews here killed it?

I liked some of the more philosophical and political discussions, and enjoyed engaging with people I didn't always agree with. That's where a site like LS can excel - in more general discussions about relationships, life and philosophy. I think people seeking advice tailored to their specific situation often ended up regretting putting their very personal stuff out there.

Was never a fan of Carhill/William. Various regulars gave him the nickname of "Carbundy" after he went through a phase of using pictures of Ted Bundy for his avatar. Every so often, I'd see a post from him where he'd express a wish to see the herd of humanity thinned out by some great plague or atrocity. Well, he certainly thinned out the herd on LS... and I'm not surprised to see that the site has finally died a death.

It's a shame it's completely disappeared though. Back in the day, before WillCarbundy took over and started banning anybody who swore, said anything remotely sarcastic or ventured a fraction outside the strict parameters he applied to discussions, some pretty great conversations and the odd bit of fun drama happened on that forum. Posters on it became real life friends, some even got married... so it's sad that it ended on such a low note.

sss37
April 18th, 2018

I also joined LS in 2015 after the end of a bad relationship. It's weird the site is suddenly gone, I know people did pay money to be members, I wonder how that works. I understand why people who did not experience the things we did, judge us, but the site gave us a place to speak freely. It would be like shutting down AA because you did not approve of alcohol. Drinking would still go on.

kathyj69
April 20th, 2018

Longtime member here and a controversial one at that lol... I miss the people, although knew the site would go down one way or the other due to lack of interest and major partiality from some of the mods. Some were forced to walk on eggshells, per se, because it felt like every word was being monitored and critiqued.

At one time most of the sections/forums were really fast paced, but about a year after Tony left it got really weird and most of the forums hardly moved at all. Moderation seemed to be acting on their mood that day or week- good mood meant everyone could speak freely, bad mood meant everyone was banned. I noticed major partiality, meaning various mods would let the people they liked slide and those with the same beliefs always got a free pass. Anyway, the extremism concerning moderation, not moderating those who really needed it (the extremely rude, crude and socially unacceptable) and constant moderation with those really trying to keep with the VERY confining unusual 'rules'.

What really irritated me the most was the 'off topic' moderations. Wow they were completely overboard with this one... many, many great conversations were ruined and God forbid you deviated slightly from the topic and it was a bad day for the mod on duty, you were banned... unfortunately most felt oppressed and when that was communicated by the members, they were told that it's a big internet out there.

To note, my review says 'average', but I think most of the members were beyond exceptional and I did hear rumors that the reason the site is down is due to the passing of the owner/operator. No one is really sure though and I hope this is not the case.

I know my 'review' sounds more like a rant, and it is, but want to say I learned a lot over the years from the members. I wish the very best for all of the members and hope all is well

jayneh23
April 9th, 2018

That's very funny. William banned me because I told the ugly truth to someone. He sent me a very rude email, getting stuck into me after I had the audacity to point out that someone was acting like a loser because she was running around after a married guy. He completely misinterpreted my post, his comprehension skills were very limited. That's extremely funny that the site has died. I hope William reads what people have said about him here, he is a 5 star $#*!head.

jamesh2488
May 7th, 2020

People on that site must be foreigners with limited understanding of the English language. Or brain damaged. I wrote a very clear question. Two paragraphs. Very clear at the differences between myself & someone else.

One idiot who responded yammered on about something utterly irrelevant. And the other idiot who responded somehow got me & the other person confused.

isaiahw10
May 7th, 2018

The posters there are a bunch of broken, sorry ass losers who don't know how to give good advice. I did meet some awesome people on there, too, at the same time, though, so it's not all bad. If you need relationship advice, just go to a family member or friend if you can. People on the internet will never care as much as they do.

jessicar727
January 1st, 2020

As others have said, the mods post under multiple user names. Even worse, some of them literally act like bullies and laugh at and mock your questions. They are extremely rude. My advice: Do not use this website!

dichotomyj
May 11th, 2018

Yes there were nasty comments and bad advice. Yes the mods got heavy handed - I often did not know why I get suspended for a day or two. However for me it was a place to vent toxic feelings (no advice needed), and also more importantly to open my eyes to other views, relationship styles and lifestyle choices. I learned alot. Of course nothing ever really goes away on the internet does it? (wink)

mariem196
April 25th, 2018

I am thankful for the people that I met through Loveshack and who helped me through a difficult time. There were a lot of different opinions and strong personalities, and a lot of thoughtful posters as well. I didn't experience any issues with the mods like other posters. It's unfortunate that the site has disappeared without any warning. I would have loved to say some personal thank yous!

frenchf11
August 26th, 2021

Hi all!

I don't usually go out of my way to write negative reviews of inter-relationship advice fora online but I will make an exception for this one.

Absolutely dreadful.

The moderation is either AWOL or incapable of making quick, un-biased decisions (you can tell by the way everyone knows everyone else by name). The regulars are fine mostly - it's the constant, unchecked stream of newcomers who post dramatic one-off posts never to be seen again - I guess they know what to expect!

Anyway. I left off my own accord and have asked for all my posts / threads to be deleted and / or hidden (not entirely clear on the policy on this, tbh) - they agreed (unusual for them) so at least there is that going for them.

Tip for consumers:
Pro Bono 24/7 is not that great!

Products used:
It's a non-profit?

amberc77
January 31st, 2018

I think Michael O has it spot on, though I'd say his one star rating is a bit unfair. William, the head moderator, is also the prolific poster known as Carhill. A character who likes to present himself as an expert on various matters, his ego is indeed an extremely fragile item.

However, he is a diligent moderator who has gathered a band of other moderators together to ensure that spams, obvious trolls and any hint of drama are deleted without delay. Credit to him for that. Nobody can accuse him of not being a stickler for the rules, but the site is a dull and humorless thing compared to what it once was.

Three stars, because it's really not a bad site - but back in the day before William or Carhill took over, it was a five star site with a really good line up of regular posters. Loveshack is the internet forum equivalent of a once great sitcom that has jumped the shark.

heaveno1
May 6th, 2018

Hey everyone! Heavenonearth here... I kinda miss Loveshack! One day it was just GONE -- I don't know why but I hope it will come back one day. I think it is odd that I was frequently talking to so many strangers on there who had a bit of a glimpse into my life - and now these people will forever be strangers. Anyway, I recognize a few names on here who have eulogized LS in their own words. Peace and hugs to everyone! Heaven.

trenaw
Trena W.
April 30th, 2018

Hi guys, Skywriter here. I miss the members of Loveshack and wish there was a site where we could continue to meet up. Anyway, wishing everyone happy days ahead!

saras708
May 27th, 2020

Terrible site. This place condones affairs and thinks any woman with a child has a free pass to sleep with married men. Stay far away from this site if you care about your relationship.

Tip for consumers:
Stay away

Products used:
None

Art had a life. He has his own business, a wife, and a child that he loves to spend time with, from what I recall. He was mostly decent. I would never want to be a moderator, so I didn't envy them the job. One definitely took things too far, and was too harsh/rude/assumptions he made were insane at times. He was the only one to be rude to me, that I know of.

By Angela N.
See more answers (5)

Probably safer for anyone single that the place is gone really. Although l'm not in the USA and l think thank God, if the dating and relationship forums on LS are how it is there. Actually most of the American forums seem to have all the same stuff that l've seen. Couldn't believe or even stomach most of those threads and the mechanical souless ideas and attitudes, dating terms and a name for every breath when they go out with somebody, or 3 at once which seems to be the norm, really, is that how it really is there, God help them. Although no point really they think all that's just normal. And the attitudes by "everyone" about attraction and looks, were also off the reality charts, or they were obviously all the top 10% of the best looking people on the planet that just somehow wound up hanging out on LS. Desperate and dateless, dunno. Or maybe it's just the handful of lost singles that need to resort to those places and asking people with just as badder track record for advice, l dunno. But there was a few good people around also, and for those l won't get to chat with again that's a shame but l do also have a few good friends from there now also so at least that's something. The moderation was insane, unbelievably one sided when it came to men and women to, guys couldn't say a thing he'd delete it but women could talk like disgusting gutter rats about men and he'd allow it. Over all, l think it dissolving into oblivion has probably done the world one small favor anyway.

By chilli z.
See more answers (5)

Yes, there is an invite-only "other forum". A few points of note: - The forum that Paul P. Mentioned was started because LS posters who were active on the off-topic thread at that time were *specifically* requested by moderation to leave and continue their casual chatter elsewhere. So they left and continued their casual chatter elsewhere, as requested. - Anyone who thinks that people are spending THAT much time talking about them or trying to dig out "private" information about them are flattering themselves. Honestly. Most people have better things to do. - The main reason this forum is invite-only is, contrary to popular belief, for pragmatic purposes. It lowers hosting costs, people feel safer posting personal information, and it almost removes the need for any time spent on moderation. - I am not sure why this is such a point of contention. There are hundreds of thousands of closed forums and groups (e.g. On Facebook). What is the issue with this particular one?

By Melange R.