LivingSocial.co.uk

LivingSocial.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.29 stars from 55 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. LivingSocial.co.uk also ranks 116th among Daily Deals sites. The most common issues with LivingSocial.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• First time I have ever been scammed making an internet purchase.
  • Living Social is scam, customer service is a joke, they made fun of me , avoid them , they should be shut down
How would you rate LivingSocial.co.uk?

“Scammers”

Tim R.
6/7/16

All I'm saying is, don't touch these guys. They are scammers. I'm currently issuing court proceedings to recover a sum they have wrongfully taken.

“Dreadful.”

Susan H.
6/21/20

Just received 15 plants, offer was for another 10. Plants arrived most dead and looked like they had been eaten by something. Dont order off this site as no good.

time (16) customer service (10)
susanh1357
June 21st, 2020
Just received 15 plants, offer was for another 10.
Plants arrived most dead and looked like they had been eaten by something.
Dont order off this site as no good.
zaibunnisan
August 23rd, 2013
I've seen this voucher deal for diamond bangle £19 pound instead of £63 pound. I've registered it on social deal my card. Didnt go through at that time and later when I saw my bank account £19 pound been taken by livingSocial. I was forced to buy that coupon. So I did. It's been now one month I've not recieved my bangle. Despite my several contact with the bangle company. They dispatched it they said its a non signature item keep eye on your door. They didnt say how long, look like rest of your life. Contact livingSocial they said contact that company. Well it was you who took my money from my bank account, you are the one selling or robbed me so u r who should be responsible. I'm going to contact office of fair trading.
paulap20
January 21st, 2015
Be aware when purchasing products or services that sound a bargain with big reductions. Research the price elsewhere. You may find that the price of the item was greatly inflated in order to offer a big discount. In reality the item may not be worth the offer price as suppliers use these sites to seduce people into a perceived bargain
bevc11
April 28th, 2016
Pen with Swarovski Elements Crystals - not what I though a SWAROVSKI PEN
Next time I will read, the item I received is cheap rubbish, not worth the money paid. Won't be caught like that again, and definitely think twice because completing a deal.
jorgeg210
April 8th, 2020
Huge Scam.
You don't pay for products, but for vouchers. Vouchers that they are supposed to send to the retailer (Home Discount in our case) so that they can proceed with your order. The vouchers never get there. If you ask the retailer, they obviously say that they cannot do anything because they didn't receive the order from Living Social. If you ask Living Social... well, good luck asking them, they have a perfectly created funnel in their call center that ensures that you can NEVER talk to anyone, asking for random numbers that you don't have that make you start always all over again. Long story short: you pay, you don't get your product, and they don't pay back. Please don't waste your time and/or money here
timr65
June 7th, 2016
julies902
December 2nd, 2019
I ordered a Christmas present nearly a month ago. Still no sign of it coming in time for Christmas. No customer service department open. Just a voicemail saying contact the merchant directly. No help. 'Live chat' is only available at the weekend. My goods have disappeared and no refund.
mohammedu1
July 15th, 2013
After reviewing all the negative feedbacks I was very pessimistic about purchasing one of these deals! However, it's worked out PERFECTLY!

I received a FREE £130 VOUCHER today by referring 3 friends who later purchased the service!
This seemed unreal so I decided to give the SkyDiving centre a call who have confirmed ALL FOUR of us are on there database and awaiting booking dates (no outstanding balance)!

I've checked my bank account and no charges have been made! I've cancelled my card details on the account settings page just for the peace of mind.
THIS IS GREAT - LivingSocial.com are AWESOME!!!!!!
tracya135
January 29th, 2020
Stay away from this site and wowcher they just tip you off with junk from China!!!!! Bought two items from this site and both items faulty . Emailed and was told basically nothing they could do! Express thoroughly to NOT BUY FROM LIVING SOCIAL OR WOWCHER
stephens608
October 16th, 2019
Quite simply RUBBISH ??
Customer service totally incompetent ??
By all means try and get a bargain but pray nothing goes wrong because it's goodbye cash .. living social / wowcher whoever they are,, take no responsibility if your purchase goes missing. They put the problem on the merchant.. when you finally manage to contact them they then tell you to contact the courier .. normally YODEL .. then they don't believe you when you claim the parcel didn't arrive . That then is the end of the line because the previous two parties ignore your next contact .. I'm now in the process of claiming through PayPal .. please if you respect your hard earned cash DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY... your choice
joeb586
December 7th, 2018
Bought a dash cam for £22 they said it was previously£122 it arrived 23 days later .The quality of the camera I would compare to a Happy Meal toy you get at McDonald's...please do not trust these BAStards total ripoff do not buy anything from them it's a total com And I have been shafted in the anus good and proper by livingsocial
nickyg9
February 14th, 2017
Have purchased a couple of products from living social and wont make that mistake again. Cutlery set - was originally £36 was pressed steel savage ridges and highly patterned - have donated it to the work canteen as I wont be using it. Terry toweling mattress protector - original price £35 - was expecting a soft terry cloth product but instead received a plastic sheet with very thin velour on one side - unusable! purchased a laundry basket - was supposed to be brown but its actually red! Never agian
angelam214
August 13th, 2017
Living Social take your money then do not care if you have a problem with your goods! I bought an orthopedic mattress from them a few months ago which was as soft as anything. You nearly fall out the bed when you turn over! They still have not refunded me. They have no one higher up to speak to. There's about three people in the office. I kept getting the same advisor who was as cheeky as anything. You will not get a professional service here or a refund! My advice would be to not part with your money to this rogue company. They were on watchdog too. Wish I'd known before I bought anything. I ended up very upset and stressed.
lindan53
May 10th, 2016
I have bought some good deals from Living Social, but also others when I have felt cheated. On Sun. 8 May I bought a deal for a restaurant in the City where I live. It said valid until 12 August. OK, that sounded fine but when I came to print off the voucher and the email, it said valid between 3 and 12 May at the top and the email said VALIDATE NOW in bold letters. As this was a Sunday, I could not get in touch with Living Social. I sent them an email which has still not been replied to. The restaurant could not explain. On Mon. 9 May, I phoned Living Social and asked for an explanation. I was told that although the voucher is valid until 12 August, the booking must be made before 12 May. I then tried phoning the restaurant to make a booking and it was closed. Time is creeping on and I fear that I may lose the right to use the voucher and my money. How sneaky is all this!
Update: I have since managed to contact the restaurant on the evening of 10 May and made a booking for 27 May. They would not take my voucher no. and said that it was okay to just bring it along on 27 May. I have now had a response to my email to Living Social and again they are saying that I must validate the voucher by 12 May, but can use it up until 12 August. What happens if I turn up at the restaurant and they will not honour the voucher???
rosem463
April 22nd, 2017
Before I even started entering my details to buy a garden hammock £49.00 I had to put my credit card number. Then the page changed and I could not complete the form. The whole thing turned into something other than a purchase with another website taking over. Called my credit card company who had an amount of £68 for the item which worried me to death, they will treat it as a dispute and therefore hopefully the bank will foot the bill. Who can advise how to go about reporting this site. They seem to be connected to Wowcher, who advertise on telly. They are undoubtedly crooks.
nicolen63
February 21st, 2018
I paid $435 US dollars to buy a vacation and they sold me bad vouchers and will not give me a refund. Now they are ignoring my emails.
clairep30
February 11th, 2017
I strongly advice people not to buy a thing from this site! I've lost a lot of money because I cudnt get the voucher to load after trying about 50 times! So lost cash coz it expired!! Then second item didn't get delivered! I emailed later than I should have but have been poorly so didn't get round to getting intouch earlier! And the first email was ignored! And I'm out of pocket because I should of contacted them within 15 days! Well I will be deleting and will neva in my life buy from this site again! BIGGEST CON EVER!!!! Don't be fooled by the offers!!!!! Rip off merchants!!!!!!!
jeanetteb39
February 25th, 2018
Take your money , don't reply to you when IDENTALLERGY do not deliver test results ,they lost my 2 samples . One of my baby's hair and mine , a lot of hair cut off and then ripped of to the tune of £58.00 FUMING !!! SENT ABOUT 20 EMAILS AND NO ONE REPLIES !!
jackied50
November 3rd, 2016
I have ordered and paid for 3 items which I have not received I have emailed living social twice they told me the company will email me within 48 hours that was a week ago still nothing I have come to the conclusion Iv lost my well earned money I never thought to read the reviews wish I had of I'd never use this site again and I advice others not to use it either.
ivetm
June 9th, 2016
Avoid this deal site, better deals with Groupon or Wowcher. The LivingSocial site is really joke. Bought a voucher of massage before and the salon staff had totally unprofessional attitude to the clients and now I bought tarot card reading from Rachanaa Jain that instead of the tarot reading for you and your personal question, it contained only explanation of the cards which I could find online for free.
alastaird
February 18th, 2017
Having been granted a £5 credit for past activity I found that it had NOT been applied to my account. I only discovered this when attempting make a purchase. As it was time dated I asked Customer Services for advice/clarification. I received a standard response which didn't cover the issue. Having tried again the same unhelpful response was issued. By this time the 'credit' had expired. I asked if it could be reinstated. Guess what? - NO! Having wasted so much time with these 'push the standard response button' eejits I've cancelled my subscription. At least I won't continue to be bombarded by twice daily offers. Good choice I'd say?
saifullahk
September 5th, 2016
Be aware before shopping with living social. They just persuading costumer to buy a deal when you paid the bill then it's show please allow 5days to delivery but unfortunately then the delivery is taking a long even month or mor. In my item isn't arrived since 15th August and still waiting for them. I was bought a Geneva Luxary watch. Just loose my money.
Thanks.
Kind regards
Mr Jalili
SHEFFIELD SOUTH YORKSHIRE
karinem1
January 18th, 2016
avoid this online deal website livingsocial
takes 15 workings days (21 days ) and the call center not really helpfull and tooke me 18 minutes waiting to talk with one of them ! and quality of products are terrible
the price are not so great u can fins way better if u research
Bad quality
terrible costumr service
stay away
stephenn23
November 4th, 2016
My son purchased a Second World War flight experience for me from Living Social at a cost of £89.
It was to be taken on Friday 21st October 2016, but when I phoned Blue Eye Aviation on Monday of that week I got the message that there was no one there to take the call. After trying many times to contact the company with the same result, I contacted another company at the air field.

I was told that Blue Eye Aviation had disappeared overnight about ten days before and their whereabouts are unknown.

I contacted Living Social who offered me a credit for the cost, when I refused the credit and asked for a refund they offered an additional £40, I again refused and asks for a refund.

Some days ago they sent me an e-mail informing me that my case had been referred to the finance department. Nothing has been refunded to the PayPal account that was used to pay for the flight.

As a result I am applying to the small claims court to commence proceedings to recover the money.

I would advice strongly that people avoid dealing with Living Social, you seriously risk not getting what you have paid for and losing your money.
sharrieh
October 22nd, 2016
My husband has been trying to purchase a tablet but a month on, there is still no sign of it. We were eventually forwarded an email address from the aupplier which sent an automated reply that they did not use that email address any more! We are so fed up of automated replies now. Going to Trading Standards now. Had enough.

Not surprised. I have a problem on my hands cos they've taken payment of £60+ but should have been £49 so I knew something was wrong, but they've got my credit card details, so too late. Spoke with. My cc account to stop payment but they can only pay up and then deal with it as if it's a dispute. This company are obviously crooks.

By Rose M.

HI Iris, I'm in a similar situation to you.i bought a dashcam off living social/ef mail on the 2nd december to post off to poland to my friend in time for xmas and it has not shown up to my home in london and ef are not replying to emails asking for information.If the truth be told i think it is not uk held stock and is poss being sent from china as all directors are chinese.last time i bought some razor cartridges they took a month and came from china but was not ef selling them.i think a lot of chinese list on living social knowing they have no chance of matching the 7 working days delivery promise as it is not UK stock and needs to be and from abroad.If you were lucky and paid through paypal open a dispute with them and get a refund or if you used a debit/credit card ask the issuer to help you get your money back.I paid through paypal and have told living social if no camera delivered by mid day tomorrow I'm opening a dispute through paypal and asking for a full refund as i do not want the dashcam if it is not here for posting off to poland and will buy one for cash from maplins and post that off intead.Good Luck with your dashcam Iris.By the way ef's email address that you are using is correct customerservice@efmall.co.uk and mine were going through without bouncing back to me so perhaps you should check the email address again Michael.

By Michael W.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the LivingSocial.co.uk staff and other customers.

Discover AMAZING things to do in your local area. We are here to answer your questions from 8 A.M. to 6 P.M. every weekday! @ls_SupportUK

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LivingSocial.co.uk?

Have a question about LivingSocial.co.uk?