LivingSocial.co.uk reviews

Wilmington, DE 19808, US

jeanetteb39
2/25/18

Take your money , don't reply to you when IDENTALLERGY do not deliver test results ,they lost my 2 samples . One of my baby's hair and mine , a lot of hair cut off and then ripped of to the tune of £58.00 FUMING !!! SENT ABOUT 20 EMAILS AND NO ONE REPLIES !!

nicolen63
2/21/18

I paid $435 US dollars to buy a vacation and they sold me bad vouchers and will not give me a refund. Now they are ignoring my emails.

angelam214
8/13/17

Living Social take your money then do not care if you have a problem with your goods! I bought an orthopedic mattress from them a few months ago which was as soft as anything. You nearly fall out the bed when you turn over! They still have not refunded me. They have no one higher up to speak to. There's about three people in the office. I kept getting the same advisor who was as cheeky as anything. You will not get a professional service here or a refund! My advice would be to not part with your money to this rogue company. They were on watchdog too. Wish I'd known before I bought anything. I ended up very upset and stressed.

rosem463
4/22/17

Before I even started entering my details to buy a garden hammock £49.00 I had to put my credit card number. Then the page changed and I could not complete the form. The whole thing turned into something other than a purchase with another website taking over. Called my credit card company who had an amount of £68 for the item which worried me to death, they will treat it as a dispute and therefore hopefully the bank will foot the bill. Who can advise how to go about reporting this site. They seem to be connected to Wowcher, who advertise on telly. They are undoubtedly crooks.

same191
4/14/17

Bought twice and never again as never as advertised

Aftercare is rubbish Bought farming fitness watch and advertised footpad with it then arrived no footpad both Garmin and living social unhelpful
Bought flowers and no way were what was advertised arrived

alastaird
2/18/17

Having been granted a £5 credit for past activity I found that it had NOT been applied to my account. I only discovered this when attempting make a purchase. As it was time dated I asked Customer Services for advice/clarification. I received a standard response which didn't cover the issue. Having tried again the same unhelpful response was issued. By this time the 'credit' had expired. I asked if it could be reinstated. Guess what? - NO! Having wasted so much time with these 'push the standard response button' eejits I've cancelled my subscription. At least I won't continue to be bombarded by twice daily offers. Good choice I'd say?

nickyg9
2/14/17

Have purchased a couple of products from living social and wont make that mistake again. Cutlery set - was originally £36 was pressed steel savage ridges and highly patterned - have donated it to the work canteen as I wont be using it. Terry toweling mattress protector - original price £35 - was expecting a soft terry cloth product but instead received a plastic sheet with very thin velour on one side - unusable! purchased a laundry basket - was supposed to be brown but its actually red! Never agian

clairep30
2/11/17

I strongly advice people not to buy a thing from this site! I've lost a lot of money because I cudnt get the voucher to load after trying about 50 times! So lost cash coz it expired!! Then second item didn't get delivered! I emailed later than I should have but have been poorly so didn't get round to getting intouch earlier! And the first email was ignored! And I'm out of pocket because I should of contacted them within 15 days! Well I will be deleting and will neva in my life buy from this site again! BIGGEST CON EVER!!!! Don't be fooled by the offers!!!!! Rip off merchants!!!!!!!

marnief2
12/30/16

Living Social is scam, customer service is a joke, they made fun of me , avoid them , they should be shut down

stephenn23
11/4/16

My son purchased a Second World War flight experience for me from Living Social at a cost of £89.
It was to be taken on Friday 21st October 2016, but when I phoned Blue Eye Aviation on Monday of that week I got the message that there was no one there to take the call. After trying many times to contact the company with the same result, I contacted another company at the air field.

I was told that Blue Eye Aviation had disappeared overnight about ten days before and their whereabouts are unknown.

I contacted Living Social who offered me a credit for the cost, when I refused the credit and asked for a refund they offered an additional £40, I again refused and asks for a refund.

Some days ago they sent me an e-mail informing me that my case had been referred to the finance department. Nothing has been refunded to the PayPal account that was used to pay for the flight.

As a result I am applying to the small claims court to commence proceedings to recover the money.

I would advice strongly that people avoid dealing with Living Social, you seriously risk not getting what you have paid for and losing your money.

jackied50
11/3/16

I have ordered and paid for 3 items which I have not received I have emailed living social twice they told me the company will email me within 48 hours that was a week ago still nothing I have come to the conclusion Iv lost my well earned money I never thought to read the reviews wish I had of I'd never use this site again and I advice others not to use it either.

missm15
10/30/16

I never received the item I purchased and it was impossible to get my money back. I am on a low income and this was a big dissapointment

sharrieh
10/22/16

My husband has been trying to purchase a tablet but a month on, there is still no sign of it. We were eventually forwarded an email address from the aupplier which sent an automated reply that they did not use that email address any more! We are so fed up of automated replies now. Going to Trading Standards now. Had enough.

saifullahk
9/5/16

Be aware before shopping with living social. They just persuading costumer to buy a deal when you paid the bill then it's show please allow 5days to delivery but unfortunately then the delivery is taking a long even month or mor. In my item isn't arrived since 15th August and still waiting for them. I was bought a Geneva Luxary watch. Just loose my money.
Thanks.
Kind regards
Mr Jalili
SHEFFIELD SOUTH YORKSHIRE

unhappyc63
6/23/16

I ordered two fruit fusion drinks bottles from livingsocial approximately 3 weeks ago, one in blue and one green. When they arrived, my immediate thought before even opening them was 'this will be interesting' as they were in completely different packaging, and one was well wrapped whilst the other was open at one end and could easily have fallen out. Upon opening, they had clearly come from different suppliers, as the bottles were both blue (didn't really matter) and were completely different styles - one in the style I ordered, and one very much different and not one that u would have chosen. I rang livingsocial to explain, and request a replacement bottle for the one in the style I did not order......then spent the next few days on corresponding between living social and a supplier. Neither would admit fault, and wanted me to send the wrong bottle back at MY cost.....why? Not my fault they sent the wrong bottle. When I complained again, I was once again fobbed off and have not been waiting for a repose for over a week now...clearly it's not going to come! Don't touch them with a barge pole...happy to take ownership of taking your money, but when there's an issue, they are well and truly missing in action!!!!

ivetm
6/9/16

Avoid this deal site, better deals with Groupon or Wowcher. The LivingSocial site is really joke. Bought a voucher of massage before and the salon staff had totally unprofessional attitude to the clients and now I bought tarot card reading from Rachanaa Jain that instead of the tarot reading for you and your personal question, it contained only explanation of the cards which I could find online for free.

timr65
6/7/16

All I'm saying is, don't touch these guys. They are scammers. I'm currently issuing court proceedings to recover a sum they have wrongfully taken.

lindan53
5/10/16

I have bought some good deals from Living Social, but also others when I have felt cheated. On Sun. 8 May I bought a deal for a restaurant in the City where I live. It said valid until 12 August. OK, that sounded fine but when I came to print off the voucher and the email, it said valid between 3 and 12 May at the top and the email said VALIDATE NOW in bold letters. As this was a Sunday, I could not get in touch with Living Social. I sent them an email which has still not been replied to. The restaurant could not explain. On Mon. 9 May, I phoned Living Social and asked for an explanation. I was told that although the voucher is valid until 12 August, the booking must be made before 12 May. I then tried phoning the restaurant to make a booking and it was closed. Time is creeping on and I fear that I may lose the right to use the voucher and my money. How sneaky is all this!
Update: I have since managed to contact the restaurant on the evening of 10 May and made a booking for 27 May. They would not take my voucher no. and said that it was okay to just bring it along on 27 May. I have now had a response to my email to Living Social and again they are saying that I must validate the voucher by 12 May, but can use it up until 12 August. What happens if I turn up at the restaurant and they will not honour the voucher???

bevc11
4/28/16

Pen with Swarovski Elements Crystals - not what I though a SWAROVSKI PEN
Next time I will read, the item I received is cheap rubbish, not worth the money paid. Won't be caught like that again, and definitely think twice because completing a deal.

karinem1
1/18/16

avoid this online deal website livingsocial
takes 15 workings days (21 days ) and the call center not really helpfull and tooke me 18 minutes waiting to talk with one of them ! and quality of products are terrible
the price are not so great u can fins way better if u research
Bad quality
terrible costumr service
stay away

jk101
11/27/15

I bought four item from living social its been a month now and i have not received anything at all, i have tried to call numerous times but in vain the callers have been trained to annoy customers and they arent helpful at all, i am still waiting and no sign of my goods and it seems like i wouldnt recieve it.
My advise to you all to avoid buying from them at all cost pay extra and get it from somewhere else

annettem17
10/10/15

The 12 day period has now passed and i have not received my goods. It is hopeless to try to contact this company and when you click on the refund link it tells you it does not exist. I have now contacted Consumer Rights.

margaretk38
10/6/15

Bought 2 pairs of silver opal earings for Christmas. 21.99 . Well 2 weeks later 1 pair turned up no box earing stems gone through envelope and we're very bent. So email after email no second pair pay pal involved sent a 2nd pair again no box earings all bent so now 2 pairs no money back had to get pay pal to deal with it. Living social will not refund. It has now been going on for about 6 weeks there Rubish ..mags

annec35
5/26/15

Ordered trainers through living social. They took weeks to arrive and were not the item I had ordered. Contacted customer services. Returns procedure complicated, involved having to send them a scan of the item received before they would look into it. Despite the retailer having clearly sent out wrong item I only received £25.00 back, not the £32.95 I had paid. Would not use living social again. You get the impression that refunds are made difficult in the hope that you won't bother and would keep items you dont want.

peterl88
4/14/15

I've used LivingSocial occasionally over about three years. Things have gone smoothly on about three occasions - the rest of the time there has always been some problem or other.

Firstly, the website is very unstable. Often, when you click on an interesting deal and then click through to "buy", the panel that is supposed to give you the discount code simply fails to appear - the text tells you to click on the code, but neither the panel nor the code is there. Sometimes I've just given up,but sometimes the deal has been so interesting that I've persisted, going back to the ad and clicking through to the 'buy' page time and time again. After many tries, the code at last appears and allows you to proceed to the purchase page. No, my computer is NOT faulty (as one LS customer service agent declared) - it works perfectly on all other online purchase sites.

Secondly, on two previous occasions the merchant has not recognised the LivingSocial deal and has charged me his full retail price on my credit card. On one occasion LivingSocial arranged for a refund, on another they said the problem was between me and the merchant and Living Social could not help me. My credit card company got me a refund, saying that they had a long history of problems with that merchant and were no longer accepting his business. So why was LS doing business with the merchant?

In spite of this poor history I recently made one last try, because the offered deal was so good. It was a deal for a TOTAL WHITE teeth whitening kit, normally about £80 - £90, for £16 plus £4.95 postage.. Again, it took me several tries to bring up the LS site page with a discount code panel, but eventually it appeared. The next day I received an emailed invoice from the merchant for the postage which was immediately deducted from my credit card account. I received the product OK, a couple of days later, but two weeks later £79.95 was deducted from my credit card account. I immediately emailed LivingSocial who emailed a reply saying they didn't accept emailed complaints and that I must phone their customer service - difficult for me because my vocal cords are paralysed (as I had said in my email to them).

I phoned as requested and was told by a very snotty (female) "customer service (!)" agent that it was not their problem and I had to call the merchant. I phoned TOTALWHITE who said that they had no knowledge of any such discount offer and my order had been treated as a normal transaction at their usual price and terms.. I phoned LivingSocial again, this time to find a much more sympathetic (male) agent who took all my details and promised to investigate the problem, to sort it out. and to email me back. Guess what? Nothing further.

I've given up, life is too short to spend hours on the phone or at the keyboard sorting out these problems - which,of course, is what these soulless internet scam artists count on. But I'm putting LivingSocial on my blocked address list and telling as many people as I can - DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS (DIS)ORGANISATION. Like the man said "If it seems too good to be true, it is." Don't buy, don't get caught.

Not surprised. I have a problem on my hands cos they've taken payment of £60+ but should have been £49 so I knew something was wrong, but they've got my credit card details, so too late. Spoke with. My cc account to stop payment but they can only pay up and then deal with it as if it's a dispute. This company are obviously crooks.

By Rose M.

HI Iris, I'm in a similar situation to you.i bought a dashcam off living social/ef mail on the 2nd december to post off to poland to my friend in time for xmas and it has not shown up to my home in london and ef are not replying to emails asking for information.If the truth be told i think it is not uk held stock and is poss being sent from china as all directors are chinese.last time i bought some razor cartridges they took a month and came from china but was not ef selling them.i think a lot of chinese list on living social knowing they have no chance of matching the 7 working days delivery promise as it is not UK stock and needs to be and from abroad.If you were lucky and paid through paypal open a dispute with them and get a refund or if you used a debit/credit card ask the issuer to help you get your money back.I paid through paypal and have told living social if no camera delivered by mid day tomorrow I'm opening a dispute through paypal and asking for a full refund as i do not want the dashcam if it is not here for posting off to poland and will buy one for cash from maplins and post that off intead.Good Luck with your dashcam Iris.By the way ef's email address that you are using is correct customerservice@efmall.co.uk and mine were going through without bouncing back to me so perhaps you should check the email address again Michael.

By Michael W.

Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial.co.uk staff and other customers.

LivingSocial.co.uk?