Lifetime.hosting reviews

stanc65
4/12/19

By far the worst hosting company we have ever come across. Hosting there could be hazardous to your site's health. We have lodged more support tickets with them over two years, than with any other company - ever! Last year they corrupted one our accounts completely and rendering several of our sites useless and then asked us if we had a backup a day later! We also lost all our historical stats!

Recently we lost two more sites for no reason. They just stopped rendering. And of course, it's never their fault (according to them! Their support is appalling and non responsive and site up times are abysmal.

Last year, our sites were down for two weeks! No explanation or apology given. You can see by the reviews here, that we are not alone.

johnb2213
1/2/19

I started with Lifetime Hosting when they first started and, really, they were quite excellent for a couple of years or so. The reliability and customer service were excellent. In the past 6 months or so, everything has spiralled downhill. Now, it is common for a website to be down for up to 24 hours and the load time for websites is unreasonably slow. Also, it takes a couple of days now for them to answer support tickets - they used to answer very quickly. I've written them off now and moved my sites over to a reliable monthly paid hosting service. Too bad - they were so good but now they have fallen apart.

amym617
12/31/18
• Updated review

All of my websites were inaccessible for almost one month. Now that LH has fixed the problems, I will pay someone to migrate them away from Lifetime Hosting. I will pay for new hosting and I will have to pay for setups on the sites were ruined or deleted.

If you haven't signed up with Lifetime.Hosting or are shopping around, please look elsewhere. Save yourself hours, days, weeks of frustration and save yourself big money by buying hosting from a reputable provider.

“update: sites still down, "support" still unsupportive”
12/12/18
• Previous review

Lifetime.Hosting is nothing but a huge source of frustration and extra work. My sites have been inaccessible for more than 18 days. I send support ticket after support ticket and it takes days to get a response, AND their responses are usually generic, not helpful, and do not help me move forward. In many cases, I don't think they even read my support requests, judging by the response they send.
Now I just want to gain access to my files and my sites enough to migrate them to a reputable host.Yes, I'll pay for hosting again. Yes, I'll pay someone to migrate the sites. Yes, I'll have to rebuild many sites from scratch.
It will all be worth it to get away from Lifetime.Hosting.

“account frequently suspended for no reason, unresponsive or unhelpful customer support”
12/6/18
• Previous review

I need a expandable hosting package as I have nine websites now and will have many more soon. Lifetime Hosting seemed perfect as my sites will be simple, small and basic. However, my account is frequently suspended and all my sites are inaccessible for NO reason.
I have created multiple Tech Support tickets. Many go unanswered, others get a generic answer that does not help. I add on to those Support tickets, and days later, receive another generic and unhelpful response.
Last month, all of my sites were down for 10 days. This month, they've been down for at least eight days, with no resolution in sight.
When I try to log into my account now, I see a warning page that the site is Not Private, Not Safe.

peterh581
12/12/18

* No service
* No support
* No tutorials (except outsourced broad based general stuff so lacking - it's useless.)

All my sites are down for a week (so far) - the proof is shown as Lifetime.Hosting as the cause. Yet after I (finally) got a response from them they said "it's working fine on their end" - and CLOSED my ticket! Not even any form of assistance or wanting to help.

There should be a law against irresponsible hosting companies that take your money and run. After the great hard work to put up sites - they make them inaccessible.

This is a blatant crime - nothing less.

They don't care - as they already have your money.

Their ONLY goal is to get your money - nothing else.

STAY WELL AWAY!!!

angeliam14
12/10/18

Absolutely ridiculous - purely a money grab and I should have known better. Not even enough resources for a simple site. Frequently down and zero support. Email bounces for all IPs being listed in spamhaus etc.. Just a scam.

johnd2147
12/3/18

By far the worst host we have ever come across in all the years we have been on the internet. Our sites have been down for SIX DAYS now on Lifetime.hosting. Their hosting is slow and unreliable at best and support is hopeless. During the latest crisis, you cannot get hold of anyone. No-one has told us what is going on or when our sites will be up again. If something is too good to be true, like the price in this case, it usually is. Avoid like the plague. By the way, I cannot upload proof of purchase because my receipt is not 300 X 300. I paid $38.80 for the Platinum 12 package.

Tip for consumers: Avoild like the plague.

waels11
12/2/18

I hosted for domains and everything was fine until my account gets suspended for no reason.
No response from helpdesk..
What a waste of time and money...

Stay away!!!

steved335
11/27/18

I moved 5 of my domains over to lifetime recently. After I moved them I could not access them. It took 5 days for support to unblock the ip after repeatedly telling me it was all ok. So I set up my mailboxes. Almost 2 weeks later and the majority of my email bounces, emails just disappear after I've sent them and I don't receive all emails. I have not got a reply to my tickets and comments from support for the past 5 days. Basically the service is totally unusable and support is non existant.

harrisonp24
10/30/18

I try to buy a certificate through their site but that doesn't even work, ask support and still not resolve.
I'm thinking after this fiasco I'm going through with this node issue that I'm not even using a third of what I pay for. And now I got clients yelling at me I don't know if I want to invest anymore into this project on your company. Where my customer thinks they're being mistreated and the headache you're putting me through ridiculous not a phone number, not a chat not nothing you shut me down and I can't do anything can't even fix it don't even know what it is but I can't fix it

This is not a way to run a business where every thing's you shut down in weird postings instead of the website or put up would have been better to say is under maintenance or something else but not that notice is insulting to these clients and embarrassment these are professional people that don't need this mostly lawyers and there is no reason to stop their email

And I'm showing my only using 7% of the usage that I'm paying for

Subject Department Last Updated
#249563 - ok why is the cpanel down again Tech Support 30/10/2018 (19:20)
#996034 - Please Take down that notice Tech Support 30/10/2018 (19:07)
#399234 - SSL Certificate Sales 30/10/2018 (18:17)
#569377 - Account Suspended Tech Support 30/10/2018 (18:09)
#301262 - This is literally becoming a freaking nightmare Tech Support30/10/2018 (17:55)
#685297 - This account has been suspended Tech Support 30/10/2018 (17:41)
#816916 - Zurmo Install I Get this error Tech Support 28/10/2018 (12:17)
#611302 - HostedPBX.co.networkTech Support 28/10/2018 (00:28)
#493704 - Why cant I login or see my cpanel Tech Support 30/09/2018 (23:35)
#686693 - one more time how do I get access because it only shows 12 not 42
Tech Support 30/09/2018
#449811 - cpanelTech Support 30/09/2018 (18:37)
#196978 - Login and Password Tech Support 27/09/2018 (19:02)
#143659 - Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.Tech Support 03/08/2018 (19:33)
#259305 - Domain not showing Tech Support 02/08/2018 (19:31)
#359582 - cpanel Tech Support 26/07/2018 (13:09)
#885230 - Lifetime.Hosting Triple Up Diamond 36 Lifetime.Hosting Diamond 12 Tech Support 25/07/2018 (21:38)
#583430 - Lifetime.Hosting Triple Up Diamond 36 Lifetime.Hosting Diamond 12
Tech Support 25/07/2018 (18:59)
#774690 - Migration Tech Support 09/11/2016 Paid for never was able to complete it

chrism302
7/16/17

I just became familiar with Lifetime Hosting early February 2017, so my experience has been limited. First, I have been developing websites since 1999, and I have worked with a number of fair to good hosting companies. I was attracted to Lifetime's "pay once" hosting plan, and I got a decent price through an online special.

In June I recommended Lifetime to a client who was on a budget, and then proceeded to set up his WordPress site on Lifetime...WHAT A NIGHTMARE. I do not know what IT staff they have running the network infrastrucure, but the database crashes and the network crashes (almost appeared as a DNS crash several times), the repeated EMAILs for tech support...too much loss time!

I lost nearly 30 hours of client development time bceause of the instability of Lifetime Hosting. My personal and professional projects that I setup, again around 40 hours of work, was lost due to their internal issues. I cannot recommend Lifetime Hosting in any capacity, and if you are a professional developer, stay away from them...their database trouble will cost you client and personal time.

Absolutely not. This is the worst hosting experience I have ever had.

By John D.

It's hard to say for sure. We have never experienced a hosting company as bad as this.

By Stan C.
Questions? Get answers from the Lifetime.hosting staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Lifetime.hosting