Review of Namecheap

1,406,464 Reviews From Our Community

anonymousb626
anonymous B.
8/20/19

I know you always go cheap on 1 year and charge up the nose after that. If you were more transparent and fair in that regard, I wouldn't have to give a disclaimer every time I mention you as a registrar.

anonymousl530
anonymous L.
8/20/19

Great user experience. I've used GoDaddy in the past but they are getting too expensive and I have been hammered with telemarketers trying to sell me web services etc. No thanks!

anonymouss637
anonymous S.
8/20/19

Checkout for .CA domain is REALLY confusing and required contacting support. Support required TWO agents to help solve the problem. I almost gave up.

anonymousd526
anonymous D.
8/20/19

The length of time for which you are signing up for things is unclear - specifically with the WhoisGuard. It says "Freeforever" however under the WhoisGuard name is says 1yrsubscription and you cannot elect to autorenew unless you autorenew your domain name. If you buy a domain name access for > 1 year do you lose your WhoisGuard subscription after that year?

anonymousi553
anonymous I.
8/20/19

Finding the right domain was a little difficult for me as it was my first time. All the information provided helped me to understand and pick out the right domain name based on my business. Thank you so much for the information and help you provided.

anonymousm575
8/20/19

This is my first time ever purchasing a domain. Namecheap made it really easy to do so even for for a mega beginner like me.

anonymousg558
anonymous G.
8/20/19

Perhaps some more information on PositiveSSL. I'm not 100% sure what that is, but I have a feeling I'll need SSL later.

anonymousf521
anonymous F.
8/20/19

Chat was not working well for me. It would be good to have a customer service number to contact for support. I prefer only contact by email going forward and please don't spam me.

anonymousu613
anonymous U.
8/20/19

Not much to say here except that you all are there. You are competition for GoDaddy and your prices are several dollars lower than them.

anonymousf520
anonymous F.
8/20/19

Everything was pretty simple. Choosing my name and niche for my domain worked pretty well. It was a little more expensive than I thought it would be, but for the added security, I'll take it!

anonymoush559
8/20/19

friendly process, very straightforward with a sense of being trustworthy. I believe everything is base on good energy and I picked Namecheap because of it. I hope I receive good vibes and lovely experience in using it.

anonymoust533
8/20/19

You guys NEED to offer straight PayPal payments that allow people to use their actual PayPal accounts -- not just VISA thru PayPal as you have now. I'm not sure if this is because I am a Canadian customer or what.

I can't stress how important this is if I am going to do business with NameCheap in the long term. I have 15 domains so there is money to be made here.

anonymoush558
8/20/19

I scored you that because i feel there are still more greater services that could earn you more customers satisfaction.

anonymouso565
anonymous O.
8/20/19

I've rated namecheap positively because it is nice and affordable and checkout process is a piece of cake. But mainly because I want you to consider waiving domain renewal fees for websites hosted with you ! Thanks !

anonymouso564
anonymous O.
8/20/19

When i am adding domain names into the shopping cart. it shows empty. and process is little lengthy .

anonymousb625
anonymous B.
8/20/19

Name and surname only allow ascii characters, so unable to input my name correctly. Because I am not from US, I left the state form field empty, resulting in "NA" string being display in the contact info (which looks weird).
Other than that, the process is fast and simple, forms look very nice and work well.

anonymouss636
anonymous S.
8/20/19

UI is more difficult to navigate due to the page refreshing after many interactions.
Pricing for multiple years is unclear. Not sure what I would be charged when choosing auto-renewal option.

anonymoust532
8/20/19

The transaction process was easy and direct to follow. Your product selections and pricing are easy to navigate and subscribe to. Looking forward to sharing the performance of your products.

anonymoust531
8/20/19

there is no phone number or business address on the site. checkout godaddy as a reference.
i do like the fact that you block whois

anonymousm574
8/20/19

Yours is a very easy site to use, but I never give 10/10 score to anyone, until I acquire more experience of communicating with them, especially if there's a later problem of some sort!
I've just had a very bad experience with Godaddy.com website re. domain names. It was my daughter who subsequently checked their feedback which was appalling. I regretted not checking this in advance of dealing with them. In the process of checking them out, she found very positive feedback re. namecheap, hence why I'm now dealing with you!

anonymoush557
8/20/19

I found a domain yesterday, the site was not responding so could not book the domain. Come back today and the domain is gone - looks like my search data was compromised. had to find another domain :-(

anonymousk557
anonymous K.
8/20/19

Your shopping experience was in general ok, however a little too long. I think you can make it 1-2 steps less

anonymousc569
anonymous C.
8/20/19

Please always tell new users to clear cache and cookies /add on on their browser ,its may affect payment confirmations. Because it really affected me .

anonymousm573
8/20/19

It will be helpful if a message will be prompted whenever I have input domains which can not be registered.

anonymousw548
anonymous W.
8/20/19

I have used your company for years for various products and businesses and never had any complaints! You guys are awesome! I would love to learn more information about how to become an affiliate, I work with a lot of clients and do freelance web design and creative consulting

Questions? Get answers from the Namecheap staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Namecheap