Namecheap

Namecheap has a consumer rating of 4.7 stars from 1,758,441 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Namecheap most frequently mention credit card, domain names and live chat. Namecheap ranks 15th among Domain Registration sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 93.6%
1,645,714
111,318
1,380

• I am a first time user in registering a domain name and your site made it simple and easy to use.
  • The customer service is excellent and are always there to help with problems.

• Kept receiving an error message that some fields were missing even though I'd filled out every field.
  • there is no phone number or business address on the site.
How would you rate Namecheap?

“Well, there are a few very good things here, that makes...”

anonymous D.
2/3/20

Well, there are a few very good things here, that makes me give a high rate 1. I didn't see any hidden fee, everything is pretty clear 2. There's a free protection app which is a big plus too 3. I used a coupon for a 30% discount and end up with a very nice final price Just one thing I didn't like was the very long process of the purchase, but maybe there can not be any shorter version of this process, so it's fine.

“Even though you guys have a lot of questions answered...”

5/22/20

Even though you guys have a lot of questions answered in your FAQs, it is tough to follow all those links. I feel you should have a YouTube channel with professional videos teaching how to use all the different settings, like AWS. There is plenty of information and courses on how to use AWS, which makes it so much easier to use them for big projects, unlike regular hosting service providers. Conclusion: Horrible user experience

Reviews (1,758,441)

domain name (1491) customer service (359) checkout process (266) shopping experience (247) credit card (480) error message (0) phone number (0) billing address (0) promo code (0) payment process (125)
anonymousb1076
June 28th, 2020
Verified purchase
First of all I am a customer who deeply researches about things instead just going for the marketing gimmick that many other platforms like Godaddy and others keep bombarding us with. I saw your review on WEBSITETOOLTESTER.COM and they have my trust for telling the truth, also cross verified the domain rates and yes you people are outstanding with your services. Will surely recommend you to anyone. Thanks a lot for this great experience. Have a great day.
anonymousd743
anonymous D.
February 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase
Well, there are a few very good things here, that makes me give a high rate

1. I didn't see any hidden fee, everything is pretty clear
2. There's a free protection app which is a big plus too
3. I used a coupon for a 30% discount and end up with a very nice final price

anonymousi816
April 25th, 2020
Verified purchase
I asked a few of my friends on which is the best domain purchase registrar. Many of them suggested the larger known brands in the market while just 1 of them suggested Namecheap. I decided to read up more and heard some great reviews and nothing is untrue about that!!

What I loved about Namecheap:
Simple search to checkout process, No confusing intermittent purchase options, No hard-selling of add-ons and quick Chat support.
anonymousi705
January 11th, 2020
Verified purchase
My initial American Express payment kept getting denied despite the numbers being entered correctly. It kept giving me a "field missing" error, but I did not see any fields missing and the website would not point out which fields it thought were missing. I eventually entered a different credit card, entering the same amount of data in the fields I previously had and it worked fine. Maybe there was some error with American Express? I don't know
anonymoust771
anonymous T.
April 5th, 2020
Verified purchase
First off I saw prices on wix (since I already have a website & domains there).Then I recalled a teacher recommended your site for its easy use and affordable prices. So, I deduced to check out the price difference which was significant. To top it off, I googled for a discount online and found one! Just plain simple to me. Will be surely coming back here for more domain names and things. Thank you guys!
anonymousi826
April 30th, 2020
Verified purchase
I'm so glad I found NC. I have been going through Godaddy for domains, etc... and always felt it was overpriced, hard to get techs on the phone, and overall felt "ripped off"....I read a review about Namecheap and checked it out, gave it 24 hours to marinate, then came back and bought some stuff!! Please don't diappoint me. I need help and am hoping your techs can explain stuff in an ez, clear manner. I'm optimistic.
anonymousi782
March 28th, 2020
Verified purchase
So far the experience using your website has been a pleasure. I dont know much about website design, hopefully this will be something that is easy as I'm attempting to establish a sense of professionalism by having a website for my home recording studio, but am on a seriously low budget due to the corona virus pandemic within New Jersey and I am out of a job. Thanks for making things easy so far. Respectfully, Danny.
anonymousi840
May 15th, 2020
Verified purchase
i found this site to be interesting for helping someone to go to digital. its worth to have your own website with just a low cost start up as all of us in the different location are having downside due to the pandemic that is been happening and all of the people out there are too much affected. Hoping through this start up we could be aiding our self step by step. thank you and God bless and more power.
anonymousm960
anonymous M.
July 21st, 2020
Verified purchase
Not computer savvy at all, but everything that I had no knowledge of had little bubbles of information available which helped explain great! I also given website examples to help me choose the name best for me and my customers and the very best parts i got it done in about five minutes only because i was reading & CHEAPEST PRICE I FOUND! So thank you for your service!
anonymousr809
March 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase
I've only just bought a site with you, I've no idea what your customer service is like yet or how easy it is to use your WP setup. I'd really think that this kinda survey would be better suited a bit later into experiencing namecheap. That said, a friend speaks HIGHLY of your website and your customer service, and I trust his word! So looking forward to using your services. Cheers!
anonymousr875
May 18th, 2020
Verified purchase
Cheap, easy, stress-free. Hands-down, a great experience. Looking forward to going down the site's Resource and KB rabbit hole as well! Keep up the awesome work....and if we can negotiate with whomever owns "bop.io" into a price under $4,000 (preferably under $100), that'd be a nice bonus. I'm a realist though. Beggars can't be choosers. Overall, thanks again!!
anonymousq911
anonymous Q.
June 14th, 2020
Verified purchase
Checkout today was trouble-free and looking forward to using domains. I can't give full stars because annoyed with what appears to be shady 'premium' criteria. A name I had in cart few days ago that is not in use was selling for $9. When I go to order today, it is tagged as premium with a $3000 price tag. I don't know if it was anything on namecheap side where price jacked up based on my search last week but that is very frustrating.
anonymousb1022
May 14th, 2020
Verified purchase
I have gone through the billing of a good number of hosting companies, e.g. bluehost, and have discovered that yours is far less. it suits beginners like my own company. many thanks for being affordable. But then, I have a little issue with your subsequent billing. In Nigeria, here, if one is renting an apartment or facility, increment comes after a couple of years(say 3-5 years). Anyways, I still appreciate this because, in relation to other companies doing the same thing, yours is better.
Best regards.
anonymousa1061
anonymous A.
May 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Great pricing! Purchased a domain name for 3 years. Though I'm still unsure if my Free WhoIsGuard will renew after each year automatically for free? I trust it is, since it mentions "Free WhoIsGuard" is free forever. Confirmation on the ordering pages would help. Language regarding that purchase is still a little unclear for me personally. Will probably make sure it renews for free next year as I get close to renewal date.
anonymousu1025
anonymous U.
June 30th, 2020
Verified purchase
The process was very easy, not a lot of upsells like GoDaddy. I like the fact that my company gets free whois protection in addition to all the other discounts such as 2 months free business email, and discounted .com, etc...
Wiley Street Creations will definitely do business with NameCheap.com in the future and I will personally use their service for any of my side hustles. Thanks for being upfront, honest, and transparent with your pricing!
anonymoust858
anonymous T.
June 21st, 2020
Verified purchase
My first time dealing with all the strange features such as WHOIS, ICANN, EMAIL HOSTING and etc...
I understand you guys have left all the needed links and ? button in order to clarify the confusions. But I have to say: for a person like myself, who is a tech savvy person, trying to read through the explanations and make sense of this was pretty ball busting. If there are alternative methods into dumbing down the explanations of such features, I'd definitely bet on executing that idea
anonymousl781
anonymous L.
March 29th, 2020
Verified purchase
It took a lot of looking to determine what I would pay for email service.
It appears you only work on an annual basis. I am working on a political campaign and likely won't need support for other users I may engage beyond November 3, 2020, roughly seven months, so I want a monthly option. I set up one address for my own use, to test the service, but I'm still considering my options.
anonymousn954
anonymous N.
August 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
Your pricing on your website is confusing. I contacted your online chatting support and was told that 'there might be a glitch on the pricing page'. Well, there seems to be one, as long as C$ means CAD and not USD. Additionally, when switching between the 2 currencies, the page doesn't immediately update the values in the price table but only after a few minutes. And even then teh currency always remains indicated in C$...
anonymousv822
anonymous V.
April 11th, 2020
Verified purchase
Love the privacy whois included. I'd like to be able to get more details about the hosting with out chatting or leaving the purchase page, perhaps a pop up with info such as bandwidth and limits. $17 and change is cheap but options for seeing the next level up if I need more than 20 gb. but don't make me leave the purchase page.
I would have used you sooner if i knew you took the paypal, maybe add the paypal to your site. I don't like using cards online
anonymousk757
anonymous K.
January 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
the process was simple and straightforward. Text on the site was friendly and pleasant. Help was easily reachable. I was transferring a domain and particularly liked having the lock/unlock check right there, with an option to refresh in place. And I really appreciate the warning that I was running out of refresh attempts. One thing I'd suggest is to advice that it can take up to a few minutes for a recently-unlocked domain to become unlocked.
anonymousv712
anonymous V.
January 19th, 2020
Verified purchase
The comparison charts on your site were key in helping me decide to go with your service over GoDaddy, IONOS, and Domain.com (among others). All researched articles, reviews, and videos pointed to namecheap as best in class. Transferring all domains from active-domain.com and DreamHost.com over to namecheap.com asap. Thank you!! I appreciate swift 24/7/365 live chat support! Hooray!!
anonymousw838
anonymous W.
April 18th, 2020
Verified purchase
I was very pleased with my purchase through Namecheap. I really liked that I could add the free privacy and SEO boost addition to the domain. I also liked that I was given an option for auto renewal and not just automatically recharged next year. I do plan to renew but will change this in the settings later. Quick and easy process, I'm thankful that I found Namecheap! Thank you!!
anonymousn736
anonymous N.
February 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase
I was dubious of you to begin with and hopefully I am not wrong. I am an ad man and maybe our company could help you communicate your business model better. We're two international ex-executive creative directors and we have worked in the emcommence space since it's inception. But your service and offering are really powerful and I think you have a huge competitive advantage over the Godaddy's of the world that you should build on which you obviously are.

Thanks/Daniel Higgins
anonymouse936
anonymous E.
July 20th, 2020
Verified purchase
The 'free' domain jumped to $4.12 at least 5 times throughout the registration process and I had to go back to hosting and reset the free domain each time - totally unacceptable.
Additional to that I had to go through the online support first to see that I can add two domains to the web hosting service as only one showed up in the cart.
Overall not straight forward and a either very bug ridden or purposely deceiving payment system.
anonymousb884
February 1st, 2020
Verified purchase
I've been putting off my domain purchase from GoDaddy to Namecheap for literally years because these things never go as straightforward as planned ... and sure enough my card was declined every time I tried purchasing the domain transfers even though my card has been working everywhere else and has funds. This could just be an issue from the card company, but it sure did validate my world view that technology hates me. But hey, your service is cheap and highly regarded from what I've read and includes free WHOIS protection so I'm in.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Namecheap staff and other customers.

Namecheap is a domain name registrar and web hosting company. We love our customers and thrive on making them happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Namecheap?

Have a question about Namecheap?