Review of LegalZoom

Over 10 years helping millions of customers
Learn More

alis1334
11/6/17

I have been in the hotel industry for 9years and managed multiple property.
It is rare to find people with such a great hospitality service like Julia.
I would defiantly hire her as a manager for my company. LegalZoom is very lucky to have her as an employee

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Ali, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. We will be sure to let Julia know how great she was at providing you with quality service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
sivas10
11/3/17

Filed for Food License and got it done fast without much fuss. Appreciate the support and assistance provided. Look forward for more such good work from the team. Raunak and his team have really delighted me with their continous support and helped me in getting the license fast.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Siva, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
josephs247
11/2/17

i am very grateful to Jason Lash for providing highly professional service today. I also wish to express my deep appreciation to all hardworking people at Legal Zoom for helping me on many previous occasions with new business incorporation, trademarks, copyright, and legal services , Your team is really a wonderful help to the entire small business community. Those few people who placed negative reviews about Legal Zoom are truly disgusting and should be totally ignored!!!
Please continue with your wonderful services to all of us. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Joseph Shetzen

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Joseph, thanks so much for the amazing review and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help with your business needs. We'll be sure to let Jason know of all your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
samuelw41
10/30/17

Filed my trademark through LegalZoom. They got it done fast and without much fuss, and that's all there is to say about it, which is a good thing. Just watch out for any additional trial services they may sign you up for, and be proactive in cancelling them before they start charging. Fortunately for me, they have a very generous return policy (though I did have to press them a little to get a full refund).

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Samuel, we're sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of. The plan that you were enrolled into is a legal plan that entitles you to receive unlimited attorney consultations on any new legal matter along with additional benefits. If it's something that you specified you didn't want to participate in, we apologize & would like to make things right. We will review your order details & follow up with you directly. Please also feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
stephaineh
10/25/17

I bought a package from them and cancelled it and they continue to take money out of my account. This company are crooks! Do not give them your cc or debit card info bc they will steal from you!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Stephaine, we are sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of. We can review your account & assist you with cancelling any subscription. We would like an opportunity to make things right. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com. We look forward to hearing from you so we can get everything resolved for you.
akbarn
10/24/17

I order ( order # 49985238) to register my firm to be registered to in the state of California and paid over $300.00 for expedited service and send all the documents by over night service one of the certificate the staff member kept the certificate in wrong file. I spend over 5-6 hours over the phone and even after that the work was not done finally I have ask for refund after 5-6 weeks and I have to do myself all over again the process is only 3-4 days. I will never use them again

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Akbar, we'd like to learn more about your situation. We will review your order & follow up with you directly. Please also feel free to kindly submit your contact information to help@legalzoom.com and we will review your order history. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to make your experience with LegalZoom a better one.
annep71
10/18/17

Jason Garcia provided top-notch service while assisting me with my questions, challenges and business needs. I believe it is crucial that leadership recognize a job well done, and Jason is certainly most deserving of that recognition.

In this fast-paced and fluctuating business environment, one rarely finds a provider that; listens with the intent to hear, responds with courtesy, and is decisive enough to take immediate action (where possible), to resolve the issues/challenges . I must admit ... I was pleasantly surprised by Jason's vested attention to my needs! His service level most certainly exceeded all my expectations! I want to detail what sets him apart from others:
1. His focus to discover; why I called, what I needed and how you could help.
2. His proactive service to; assist me immediately by addressing my concerns and helping me complete the filing process on my behalf.
3. His thorough explanation of; what we were discussing, the available service options and associated costs.
4. His insight on; best practices for new business start-ups, and
5. His follow-up, which provided me with details in writing, and key links for additional helps/services in the future.

Jason Garcia's professionalism, courtesy and business focus are rare and priceless commodities! I am grateful for his help and assistance today, and hope LegalZoom recognizes the value he contributes to your bottom-line. I, for one, will continue to work with LegalZoom, because of the "face" Jason portrayed (on behalf of LegalZoom) in our time together today.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Anne, thanks so much for the amazing review and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help with your business needs. We'll be sure to let Jason know of all your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
pault168
10/12/17

She explained the process very well and was easy to get a hold of. Also helped me avoid some unforeseeable pitfalls

Thanks Julie!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Paul, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. We will be sure to let Julie know how you feel. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
tiffanyp45
10/9/17

I'm not even sure how this company is even in business still. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. Scammers, 100%.

My fiancé tried to set up a PLLC with them...for 3 months. For 3 months they kept failing to turn the correct documents in and he was calling them every single day to try and sort things out. About 2 months in he was told his PLLC was kicked back because they forgot about a document he needed, which he was required to send to TX (we live in NC). It seemed like every single time something was kicked back he needed to give them more info or another document - they had no idea what they were doing!

The last straw was today when he found out documents that were supposed to be mailed to the Secretary of State last week (he has been waiting for confirmation) were NEVER MAILED in the first place. Best part is when he asked for his money back to go through an actual lawyer he was refunded only a portion of what he paid them.

Unacceptable. Don't waste your money or time. Get real consultation from an actual lawyer...do not get scammed like we did!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Tiffany, we're sorry about what occurred with your PLLC order and with your customer service experience. Usually orders go more smoothly and we apologize that you experienced us at less than our best. It is very important to us that our customers are happy with the products and services we offer. We will review your order details & follow up with you directly. Please also feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
andrews304
10/2/17

Julia was very nice, patient, helpful, and knowledgeable. I hope the rest of Legal Zoom goes as smoothly

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Andrew, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. We will do everything possible to make sure your smooth experience is continued.
miguelo16
9/26/17

Signed up and fully paid for a Standard Divorce package with LegalZoom while ago and began filling my documents. Because life circumstances a held the process for a few years and then decided to retake on the case. I logged in and realized the divorce cases where now handled by a third party, I called this company and they said I was not in their system and that I needed to buy a new package, which I found opportunist. So I called LegalZoom back and they bluntly told me that because years has passed they were not refunding me anything. They claimed to had sent an email back in June-July about this change. I went ahead and check all of my inbox and junk mail from that period with no trace of any LegalZoom correspondence. So they just robbed me...

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Miguel, we're sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience with LegalZoom. We want to make it right. We will review your order details & reach out to you directly. Please feel free to also contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
bobb1369
9/23/17

Every 6 months that I go to renew my 6 month real estate lease renewal package the website does not allow me. Then after spending an hour on the phone with a supervisor they tell me it can't be done. Then I tell them to look at my history and tell me how it has been done every 6 months then for the past 3 years. They go...oohh, maybe you are right. An hour or so later they figure it out. They waste more time in labor than what they collect from me. So frustrating as my time is worth more than I am paying for this stupid service.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Bob, we’re sorry to hear your situation wasn’t properly addressed in your first communication with LegalZoom. Your comments and experience are truly valuable to us and we appreciate your feedback. We’re really interested in knowing what kind of resolution you’d like to see and are willing to do anything we can to improve your experience with LegalZoom. Please contact help@legalzoom.com. We look forward to hearing how we can make this situation better.
hyrums6
9/21/17

Nothing is ever perfect but these guys are informative and help you through any hiccups and they were patient with me since I am new to this.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Hyrum, thanks so much for your kind words. We're happy we could help!
lizf30
9/17/17

I wanted a simple DBA and it took almost 2 months to complete via LegalZoom because of all the little mistakes they kept making. And at approx $250 for this service, I was, at the least, expecting excellent, thorough service. I had to keep on top of them every other day just to make sure the administrative stuff was being done, which was stressful and annoying. Also, they weren't very informative up front--only when I submitted my DBA name was I told (a week later) that they recommend choosing a name that can't be mistaken for a proper name. So, I chose a different name. Then discovered (another week later) that they forgot to close out my first order, so now I had double paperwork and was set back a week because they hadn't submitted my second DBA name to the gov. And when I finally got the certificate to sign (a few weeks later), I found out that I needed a notary. Fine, so I went to Citibank to have a notary witness, etc, and guess what I found out? Citibank offers DBA's for FREE! Even if you're not an account holder! (smack forehead) So....my recommendation is, save your money, go to Citibank (or just go to your local council) and get your DBA that way. MUCH easier and MUCH faster (and much less confusion and frustration). Extremely unlikely that I'll ever use LegalZoom again.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Liz, we're so sorry about your experience with LegalZoom. We are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer, and it seems we fell short of that goal in this situation. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com and let us know if there is anything we can do to make things right.
jilla33
9/12/17

My experience was NEGATIVE. I filled out the form with the required information and ordered a will and the printing. When I got the will and read it through, one of the paragraphs did not apply to my circumstances. It was not contemplated in the form I filled out beforehand. I asked for it to be changed and they would only send me am email copy of the corrected will. I lost the money for the printing on special paper and the shipping. They should have sent me the will and asked me to read it through before sending me the printed version. Time and bother would have been saved.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Jill, it is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. We’d like an opportunity to try to turn this experience around. If you’re interested in discussing this further, please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
rickn27
9/11/17

Sony was AMAZING. He was so patient and EXTREMELY knowledgeable.
The entire process to start my LLC was fantastic. Through each step of the process, Sony was there to answer my questions with incredible detail. He also suggested how to expedite everything. Originally, I was only going to get the basic package. After working with Sony and his expertise, I moved up to the Gold Package. Please thank Sony for me. I true company asset.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Rick, thanks so much for sharing your experience. We'll be sure to let Sony know of your kind words.
terib19
8/31/17

Great service. I had them do a living trust for me. Putting your house in the trust is a separate price. Often trust attorneys don't tell you that so you still have to go through the probate process. Legal Zoom did not forget to ask me and they were up front about the additional cost. I will have my successor trustee let you know if this trust is acceptable by the courts.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Teri, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
donaldb96
8/30/17

This was the most difficult process on starting an LLC. They had a bunch of hidden fee's and once they get your credit card you better watch out because they keep charging on it. The customer service is horrible. You pay to have everything done they and then you call and they say you have to call the IRS and other entities that they were suppose to do. This process has been horrible.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Donald, we're disappointed to hear you’ve had a less than satisfying experience with us, and we want to have an opportunity to make things right. We'd like to learn more about your situation. Please kindly submit your contact information to help@legalzoom.com and we will review your order history. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to make your experience with LegalZoom a better one.
richardt130
8/29/17

I wanted to cancel an order that I had paid for several hours earlier. Called them and explained my situation and was told no problem--they cheerfully refunded my order.
I absolutely would use again.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Richard, thanks for sharing your experience. We're here when you need us!
susanb309
8/29/17

If you've got to get a customer sales rep, John M. is knowledgeable, quick to respond and patient. Yay John! And thank you...

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Susan, thanks for sharing. We'll be sure to let John know of your kind words!
evann103
8/23/17

This company has been awful at literally every step! They have overcharged me on numerous occasions. All calls require at least an hour of your time and shuffling from one department to the next. They even charged a cancelled card (I canceled with B of A almost a year earlier) and they found a way to reopen my closed credit card and make charges to it due to phantom recurring fees that I expressly opted out of! Awful, awful, awful! I turned to a real accountant and lawyer for my current services and realized that Legalzoom overcharged, overcomplicates. And preys on entrepreneurs at their most vulnerable time (startup)!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Evan, it is very important to us that our customers are happy with the products and services we offer. We want you to be satisfied and we’d like an opportunity to try to make things right. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
sih20
8/23/17

I had a simple straight forward question on signing a trademark. I thought the lady on the phone was very rude and condescending. If you ask me, that's probably the worst tone for a customer service agent to have. I would give zero star if this review was strictly for customer service that I just experienced.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
We would like to extend our sincerest apology in regards to your recent experience with LegalZoom; our customers are very important to us & you deserve better. We’d like to learn more about your experience & try to make things better. Please feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
lucas580
8/15/17

Amazing customer service. Super helpful. Super Clear. Super smart. I would imagine legal zoom would have a 5 star rating all around if all of their reps were all like saul. Give the man a bonus!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Luca, thank you very much for sharing your experience. We work really hard to make sure our customers are satisfied with our service.
carolm40
8/14/17

All we wanted was to trade mark our business name and the website quotes $69.00. What you don't know until they run your card is that the $69.00 is only for the search to be sure the name is not already in use. We entered all or our information, clicked confirm and boom, they charged our card $474.00. They are super fast about charging you but if you have an issue, good luck getting a response. I went straight to my cc company and disputed the charge. This whole experience really had a bait and switch feel too it. They really need to be clearer about the charges prior to charging your.card LegalZoom, we won't be back.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Carol, our website does not have a quoted price of $69.00 for any Trademark services. Our trademark registration package is advertised on our website as starting at $199 + federal filing fees prior to any request for information. Our trademark search packages are also advertised as $199. We fear you may have reviewed a site other than LegalZoom and we apologize for any misunderstanding. If you wish to discuss this further, please contact help@legalzoom.com.
amyt97
8/7/17

Juli was fantastic and by far my favorite rep that has helped me over the phone. She gave me clear direction that helped tremendously.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Amy, we're so happy to hear of your awesome experience. Thanks so much for sharing!

Hi Carol, we also offer legal plans where you can speak directly with an Attorney that can help with any advice or legal questions about your trust. Contact us directly at 1-866-738-2980. We are happy to help get you started.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Jason, we are happy to assist you and talk about our LLC packages & process anytime. Feel free to email us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Analisa, we are here to help and happy to answer any questions or concerns. Feel free to contact me directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. We are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer & we are willing to review any concerns for resolution. Please feel free to reach out to the social media manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Susan, we are happy to answer any questions or concerns about our product & process. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Today is July 20. 8am. I called Legal Zoom's phone support 800 773 0888 AGAIN. I got the same automated response that their agents are busy. I waited for several minutes. Nada. Left my return call number. lets see if they will call back. Really? at 8 am and everybody is busy to take a call. I understand they start the help line at 5 am. Still, they do not return calls. Since a Legal Zoom staffer monitors these pages, I might as well ask my question here: I recently filed an application for incorporation in CA. I got the paperwork from the Sec of State. It says its been filed. The information at the Sec of State website says my Corp is active. I understand I am to pay the State an $800 registration fee. When am I suppose to pay this. Nobody's billing me yet. I agree w Stan L. LZ is a great idea but poor executed.

By G A.

Hi Philip, we are happy to discuss our packages & pricing anytime. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Andres, yes we can assist you with both dissolving your current LLC and the filing of your new LLC. Please feel free to email help@legalzoom.com with any questions or concerns, thanks.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Adam, it is LegalZoom's goal to provide its valued customers with exceptional service during every interaction. All comments and experiences are important to us; we appreciate and welcome feedback. We have many satisfied customers and we are very happy to answer any questions or concerns. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-733-0888.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Carol, we can absolutely help you with setting up a living trust. Our packages start at $249.00 or you may benefit even more with an estate plan bundle. Call us at 1-866-738-2980 for more information.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Questions? Get answers from the LegalZoom staff and other customers.

3 Photos for LegalZoom