Review of LegalZoom

Over 10 years helping millions of customers
Learn More

marke687
7/9/19

I used Legalzoom to buy a flat last year and they dragged the process out for months longer than necessary, and cost me hundreds of pounds through total incompetence.

As a first time buyer, I received more help and assistance from the estate agents than my solicitor who didn't seem to know what she was doing. It was also extremely difficult to get into contact - nobody would answer the phone, emails simply go ignored, and if a message is left with someone else, it wouldn't be passed on.

Basic things weren't being done, or were done at the very end of the process instead of the start, adding months to the entire process. For instance, my solicitor didn't apply to close my Help to Buy ISA until the day before I was due to collect the keys, which luckily my bank was able to push through urgently as an extreme case.
Basic checks weren't done to statements and invoices which meant I reimbursed the seller £300 for no reason. These were things Legalzoom should have done on my behalf, and what I was paying them to do, but the service was completely shambolic and unprofessional. I was forwarded email chains from the seller's solicitors which seemed equally frustrated at the incompetence shown by Legalzoom.

A first time buyer moving into a vacant apartment took 5 months and this was entirely down to Legalzoom. Although they are one of the cheaper solicitors around, there's a very good reason, and I would never recommend this company to anybody.

Legalzoom have reported my review on other sites for being older than 12 months when this issue was not raised until August 2018 and does not absolve them of the fact that their outstanding incompetence cost me hundreds of pounds and added several months to the process.

abelr14
6/29/19

REGISTERED AGENT
Legal zoom is committing fraud over the internet by charging (159.00) fee by CREDIT CARD via the internet for REGISTERED AGENT by deception. ( without my consent)
1. FIRST OFFENSE: Registering over the internet on www.legalzoom.com The process of ordering an LLC, Legal Zoom website (deceptive Legal Zoom processors) will add a fee of $159.00 even though you uncheck the fee box of $159.00 for a REGISTERED AGENT. After I called them, they explained to me not to worry and to keep processing the order and pay them for the LLC.
2. SECOND OFFENSE: The LLC paper work is sent by Legal Zoom. I never inspected the paper work we ordered. So I never read the documents they sent over the OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF STATE (TEXAS). I trusted Legal Zoom to be honest. I thought Legal Zoom would never deceive me.
3. THIRD OFFENSE: The paper work will state that Legal Zoom is the ORGANIZER for the paper work. That will be their explanation to your bank when you protest the charges. And they will LIE to a bank officer that I agreed to have them as a REGISTERED AGENT. When all the time I never wanted it. Lying to a bank officer is another offense.
They will say that an investigation will take place. They will inspect calls, paper work they sent. Paper work I had a chance to read over. Legal Zoom conveniently will type in that they are the ORGANIZER in the fourth page :
Legal Zoom, INC. 101 N. Brand Blvd., 11th. floor, Glendale, CA 91203 as the ORGANIZER of the paper work.
(where is REGISTERED AGENT) ORGANIZER is a word/term NOT on their website
They repeat and display the word REGISTERED AGENT till it is embedded in your mind. NO mention of ORGANIZER. Why should I be looking for the word/term ORGANIZER. That is MISLEADING, FRAUD, and DECEPTIVE.
When you call to dispute the fee of $159.00, Legal Zoom professional service representatives are HIGHLY TRAINED to twist words to a reach a conclusion that NO REFUND WILL BE HONORED. Organizer is never mentioned by a rep.
How many customers were charged $159.00 on their credit card via the internet without their consent or authorization.
Anyone interested in forming an alliance to begin a CIVIL ACTION SUIT against Legal Zoom for BAD FAITH practices, please email me at
clickslam.com@gmail.com.
ask for Mr. White

toddd111
6/17/19

Excellent customer service, she should be promoted or given a bonus. She emailed me the documents that I needed within 10 minutes.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Todd, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future.
jamesh1359
6/14/19

This incredibly knowledgable pathologist/psychologist/chemist/legalzoom representative gave me every single bit of help and more while producing my LLC. In a lost world of corruption and a curtain of lies, Dawn provided real, down to earth, and honest advice. I was intimidated prior to calling, but after being connected with Dawn, I was immediately void of any of those thoughts and felt that I was in good hands. There were no complications and I am more than happy with the services and assistance that I received from beginning of the application all the way until checkout. 11/10. Call Dawn, or you will be sorry. #FreeVish

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi James, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
robertm1490
6/12/19

Legalzoom is still charging me for a business that is no longer in business. I specifically told them a year ago to cancel my services.

I sent four separate emails requesting this cancellation. Today after a year of my last email to them. I received a collections bill for a Registered Agent.

I spoke to Ruth Hernandez from Legalzoom today and she told me that they will keep charging unless I change the Registered Agent myself.

After speaking the Nevada Secretary of State, they were not sure why I was being charged for services on a business that is no longer in business for over a year.

Legalzoom is a scam. Their website specifically states to either call them or email to cancel services. I did just that and I am still being billed.

Tip for consumers: Go somewhere else for any legal forms or services. Legalzoom will not disclose their procedures for you. You might end up with a surprise bill for services they have only done 50% for and thinking that you paid in full. Then they will keep charging you after you try to cancel from them.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Robert, we’re very sorry for any misunderstanding or miscommunication on our part. We were also able to confirm your entity status with the state and as a result, we’ll move forward with filing an official resignation of services per your request and remove the account from collections. Please keep in mind that if you ever decide to reinstate your business, you'll need to name a new registered agent. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact help@legalzoom.com.
randyw140
6/5/19

I used legal zoom and wasn't happy with what they provided.So I thought I had canceled it.Checked my credit card statement was billed for another month.Started searching for a number to talk to a live person.Wasn't any number that I could find that gave me anything but a recording or if I knew an extension number but didn't give any type of a index.Finally just typed in 4 number and got a live person, told him my situation and he said he would transfer me to someone that could help.Next thing I know I was transfer right back to there main number with nothing but recordings.I can see that they do all they can to stop you from canceling.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Randy, we're very sorry you haven't had the best experience when trying to cancel and we really want to make things right. Please send your request and account information to a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
pamj61
6/3/19

I'm no longer consulting, so needed to cancel my Registered Agent Services. My LegalZoom files state your call center is open weekends, so I called and they didn't pick up. So I called this morning. I opted for the call-back service. I was putting something in the refrigerator when the call came and by the time I picked up, LegalZoom had already hung up! So I dialed back in and opted for the call-back service again. It took well over the 3 minutes cited to get called back. "Michael" asked me for my phone number (though I had already entered it for the call-back) and email. He asked why I was cancelling and I told him and he didn't respond at all. I thought the call dropped, so I said "hello?" He responded in a testy manner, "I heard you." He proceeded to cancel my services, as requested, then suggested I confirm the cancellation on my account online. I asked if I would get a confirmation email with a confirmation number and he said, "well you might, but I recommend people check their account online." What? You "might"? I waited for him to thank me for my business or my call or something, but he said nothing. So I said, "Well, okay." to see if he might thank me if I prompted him. He did not. He said, "Well, okay, Ms. Jeffries. You have a good day." Michael needs some training. Unless how I feel right now about working with LegalZoom is the customer experience your leadership is going for.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
We really apologize for the poor experience you had. Your comments are important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Please be reassured that we will review our operations and determine where improvements need to be made. Please feel free to also contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.
bettyn45
5/16/19

I purchased a non profit package from Legal Zoom. I was told They would register me with the state and provide a questionnaire for the IRS portion of the process and a guide to help.That all I had to do was provide information and they would do the rest and it would be a simple process. And here I am on hold with the Secretary of State to get an official copy that apparently only I can get from the State, which is NOT what I was told when I purchased their assistance. They send out emails saying they need information when they don't and when you call them to inquire, they aren't aware of an issue when there is on. The customer service folks can only read off a script and when you ask for information off their script, they are lost. I paid for guidance and instruction, not this noninformative and nonhelpful customer service and lack of doing what they said.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Betty, it is very important to us that our customers are happy with the products and services we offer. We want you to be satisfied and would like to assist you in finding a resolution. We’ll review your account and have a manager reach out to you directly. Please also feel free to contact a manager via help@legalzoom.com.
maryw632
5/10/19

Once upon a time this was a very reliable comprehensive place for basic needed legal documents. However that is no longer the case. I strongly urge others to go elsewhere. I've been a subscription member for 6 years and it proved to be a complete waste of my money.
I ordered two very basic docs. A basic Living Will(Advance Directive) and a Basic Power of Attorney on May 2, 2019. These were paid for and clearly show in the Orders Section of my account. The will was delivered on the 4th, but the other document was scheduled any time between the 4th and the 7th. The system showed the document was in process and under review etc.
Imagine my surprise to find out today that they are now claiming they never got my questionnaire from their system. This questionnaire is in their system and isn't an outside document software transfer. If their system lost it, then why the "in Process and review information, " I was being given? They were full of excuses today but they have a huge hole in their system accountability. They took money for an item they claim got lost and yet they wouldn't have even known that if I hadn't called today looking for it. Ultimately the only thing that matters here is the fact they had an open order that was passed its latest delivery date and no one their knew it until I called.
Boy, that's Legal Bookkeeping that should make anyone run away from this company.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
We couldn’t be more apologetic about your experience. Things usually go more smoothly and it pains us that you experienced us at less than our best. We’ll review your account & have a manager reach out to you directly in effort to make things right. Please feel free to also reach out to a manager any time via help@legalzoom.com.
adelitav
5/5/19

I used Legalzoom.com to register a trade mark. It was super easy.
Last week I used legalzoom.com to start a non profit. It was already accepted and recognized by the state. Nice!
They have attorneys to help with the process. They provided a registered agent , also. They've been super helpful.
The process has been worry free.

Here's my update...
Apparently I paid over $1000 for quick service. I wasn't in a rush but they presented the platinum package as the package that does it all. But they only did the most basic stuff. I could have paid $300 something for the service I got only it would have taken longer.
Now I'm learning I still have to pay extra for them to complete the process. I explained to several people on the phone that this is my first non profit and I was paying for everything to be done for me. But not once did they inform me that I wasn't getting the completed job done. They didn't tell me that I had to create my own by laws. They didn't tell me I had to fill out the long 501c3 application by myself.
I explained that I wanted to apply for grants. They didn't tell me I could do that without the non profit status. Nobody mentioned that in order for it to be successful I'd have to hire an accountant.
I paid for their legal packages and business pro add ons. For what? I would still have to pay a fee to the lawyer.
My package came all unorganized. There's no explanation as to what each document is for, what I need them for, or how to keep them. They sent me a general book about how to start a non profit after I already paid them over $1000 . But the book doesn't even pertain to me because the laws are different in California. It's stated all over the book that I have to purchase the version for California.
I went to the California endowment today and learned that I could only get help if I don't have a non profit.
In order to apply for grants I have to register for accounts with three different government websites. The questions are not understandable. Half of it doesn't seem to pertain to me. I have all kinds of document deadlines and no idea how to fulfill them.
This is all such a dream killer!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Adelita, we do our best to make sure every customer is happy and it seems we fell short of that goal in this situation. We’d like to learn more about how we could have improved your experience with us & try to turn things around for the better. We’ll reach out to you directly but please feel free to contact a manager at your convenience via help@legalzoom.com.
markd698
4/26/19

Jason Garcia was the ultimate help in getting me setup with LegalZoom and establishing my new LLC! Thank you Jason!

michelf15
4/17/19

I ordered a simple Last Will and Testament on February 14, 2019 and was supposed to have this document no later than February 18th, 2019. It is now April 15th, and I am on hold again with customer service looking for my documents! I have called numerous times with promises of action, but unfortunately, this has created more problems. April 11th my original order was cancelled as information I had entered was not duplicated on their format. A new order was placed on the 11th and I completed the information again on the 12th and submitted. Once again this is stalled as it shows payment is due on this order. I have already paid for a product I never received and was told to disregard the notice. Brings us up to date on April 15th, 2019 and again on hold with customer service trying to find my documents! I used Legal Zoom as a quick way to put together a legal Last Will and Testament after I found out I have terminal stage 4 cancer. I would have been ahead of the game going to attorney from day 1, no hassles, no headaches and have a will in place. So the customer representative just came back after 10 minutes on hold and has no reason why this is held up again and cannot override the system to show the will has been paid for. I just requested a full refund and I will go to my attorney and have this drawn up.WASTE OF TIME, MONEY, AND NUMEROUS HEADACHES! NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Michel, we would like to extend our sincerest apology in regards to your experience. It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding and/or dissatisfaction with our service. We’ll review your order details and follow up with you directly in effort to try to make things right. Please also feel free to contact a manager anytime via help@legalzoom.com.
tyrenes
4/13/19

I gave them $295, then $683. It's been 4 months with the back in forth. I have been waiting for my refund because I dont like their business and it's been taking a while just to start my business so I cancelled my order and been. Everytime I call legalzoom I am on hold for a very long time. They keep giving me a store credit. I dont want a store credit give me my money back please.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Tyrene, we are so sorry for the poor experience you’ve had thus far; you deserve better and we’d like to help resolve this right away. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
lukes117
4/11/19

Dawn Watts was very knowledgeable and patient while giving me answers and solutions for the few questions I had. I am extremely happy with how quickly I received help from her and grateful I chose LegalZoom!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Luke, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
joem651
3/27/19

I registered a company through legal zoom ,and as everyone knows that you can be your own registered agent. They proceeded to call me numerous times and email about 30 times in the last few months after me telling then I do not need their services. I am not sure how but they just took 400 out of my account without me authorizing it. Truly disappointed at how low a lot of these companies are going these days. No integrity and character..stay away from these guys for sure.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Joe, our registered agent service is only offered as an option to our business customers and we assure you all fees are outlined in the questionnaire and your order confirmation. We offer the option to elect LegalZoom to serve as your agent or name another (including yourself) but we truly apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding on our part. We are happy to review your account & help resolve this. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
briannag30
3/13/19

In the first part of the info they do mention the additional $159 that you will be charged. But when you are looking at your final cart the price tag shows $0 with a note (Will not be charged until filed with State). Very misleading with the 0 dollar sign.Then on top of that they charged us $249. I called in and got the extra $90 reversed. Not happy with being misled like that on both accounts.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Brianna, we are very sorry for any misunderstanding or miscommunication on our part. Please note the questionnaire explains the initial payment will not include the registered agent fee and is not billed until the entity is filed with the state; reason being is because the service does not begin until the entity is submitted - this means your initial invoice will say $0 for the service because it is not being billed at that time. In your order confirmation, there is also highlighted information that explains when the service is billed. If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
vup4
3/9/19

When I email, it takes about 1.5 days to respond to my email. I expected within same day turn times to respond to their expressed customers. If in case their customers have urgent matters, they would be answered within same day. As for call back over the phone, they only tried calling me back once and my phone had an issue which hung up. Therefore, I missed the opportunity to speak to representative just because the phone line got hung up and disconnected. Legal zoom should attempt to call their customers back second time to confirm. How I know legal zoom doesnt call back second time? Because I called and the automated sustem said I have a pending call back in the file and ask me to continue to wait, however no second call was made.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
We are so sorry for the poor experience you’ve had; you deserve better. We’d like to fully review the details of your account & try to make things right. Please contact help@legalzoom.com for resolution and we assure you a manager will respond.
alexr279
2/16/19

I contacted and contracted LegalZoom to form an LLC for me. Unfortunately, a mistake was made on the initial filing and an amendment was filed. I was sent form via email and promptly filled the forms and send them to LegalZoom. I called the same day faxed the documents back to them. I was informed they had the documents. The next day, I followed up and was again told the documents were there and being processed. Three days later I received a call informing me they still needed the documents. I asked why I had been told they received the necessary documents and now need them. The agent could not answer the question and I then asked for a manager to call me. It is now a week later and I still have not heard from management at LegalZoom and I found out today, in spite of emailing the documents earlier this week, they had AGAIN not been received even tho a agent told me on 4 days ago they were in receipt of the documents. I asked again for a manager and was told again it would take up to 3 days for a manager to call me. This is frustrating. I paid for expedited service for the original service and now, a month later nothing has been resolved and I can't open my new business and I am losing thousands of dollars a day. Thanks for nothing LegalZoom. The worst part is the request for a manger to call me back and being completely IGNORED!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Alex, we're sorry to hear you weren't happy with your experience and we would like to try to make things right. Please reach out to a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com with your order information & we’ll try our best to resolve things. We look forward to making your experience a better one.
larryd201
2/12/19

Amanda was knowledgeable and helpful. The Legalzoom website was a bit confusing but the legal help was excellent. Time and money well spent.

matthewb386
1/31/19

If you want your business to be a success, do NOT use LegalZoom. They have been stealing from me for years and ignore my requests to end service. My only option now has been to notify my bank of their fraud and if I want to recoup my money I would have to take them to small claims court.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Matthew, we're truly sorry to hear about your experience and happy to review your account in effort to resolve this right away. We'll reach out to you directly but please also feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
ambera83
1/30/19

I called Legal Zoom and requested to change my sole proprietor to a PLLC. I specifically stated I do not want a new EIN requested. The sales rep told me that would be no problem at all & he would refund that fee.

Then, I called back to confirm some information & the other individual confirmed that a new EIN would not be requested.

However, they requested a new EIN. I have spent 2 hours on the phone with Legal Zoom requesting guidance and assistance and they're unable/unwilling to answer my questions or provide any guidance on resolving this issue. I paid extra to expedite formation of the LLC and am left spending hour and hours & money trying to get an answer.

Do not waste your money on this service. It's easier to fill the forms out yourself and you know as much as they do as the individuals at Legal Zoom are unable to answer any follow up questions.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Amber, we are truly sorry for any misunderstanding or miscommunication on our part. We will review your account & do everything possible to resolve things. Please also feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
donaldc208
1/16/19

Kris, really awesome. Walk me through some things that I would having a lot of trouble with and made it really easy to understand. If you guys had an entire team of people like Kris you will be really special.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Donald, glad to hear you had a great experience. Please do not hesitate to contact again with any additional questions or concerns.
amandan101
1/7/19

Legalzoom did absolutely nothing to dissolve my non profit! In Michigan, you have to get approval from the attorney general and then file the dissolution with LARA. All of which I did on my own. Legalzoom said I needed to do that before they could move forward with the dissolution. I also started this process in September and In December I noticed my case was still not moving forward after several phone calls. It was discovered there was a glitch in their system holding up my case. I finally received the docs from Legalzoom saying the dissolution was complete but the docs they sent ARE THE DOCS I FILED WITH THE STATE!! When I asked for my money back they refused. I do not recommend this service to anyone and you can be sure I will tell everyone I know to never use them!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Amanda, it is very important to us to try and correct the situation when a customer feels there has been a misunderstanding or an error in the service and/or product at LegalZoom. We do our best to make sure every customer is happy and it seems we fell short of that goal in this situation. We'd like an opportunity to try to make things right. Please feel free to contact a manager via help@legalzoom.com at your convenience.
thea17
1/4/19

LegalZoom has a great concept and what appears to be good customer service. However, it is my experience that my company will NEVER use their services again! First off, my company did our research to find an experienced company to fulfill our needs. In the beginning we chatted with a represented via computer and was treated as though our business was not wanted for the particular service. We brushed it off and went with a different company and decided to use LegalZoom for other needed services. As the transaction continued, we thought it would be a smooth and delightful transaction but was served a headache instead. We did everything that we could to be proactive. We checked on our account day in and day out to see if there was any hold ups and if we could provide assistance at moment's notice. We received an email saying that there was a delay in our order and so we called in and the rep advised us that he didn't know why the system gave us the email because there was nothing wrong with our order and we offered to provide him with extra information just in case LegalZoom may need it to process our order. Within 4 days our account continued to show no movement and Delays. So out of good faith we called in to check for an update and was told that they were having problems behind the scenes with our account. We asked why they did not communicate this to us as we were more than happy to help them resolve any concerns they had ran into. In addition to this, we informed them that the system was saying something totally different on our end. This led us to believe that they were providing their customers with false information about the movements of their (the customer's) accounts. They simply could not provide an answer and when asked to get to a supervisor the rep informed me that I would have to contact the supervisor via email after we had paid this company about $500. In short, we never got to a supervisor, instead we got hung up on 3 times and told that they were sorry about our experience when all we wanted was some affirmation that our business was getting taking care of. We trusted LegalZoom to handle our accounts for our business and in return we was left with a bitter taste in our mouths. We trusted LegalZoom to provide us with superior service especially when we forked out $500 to this company for the best package they had. Unfortunately, they were not able to deliver. So we canceled our order. To make matters worse the next rep we spoke to about cancelling our order informed us that they were having system issues and our cancellation confirmation and refund will be sent to us. Nevertheless, we gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited until the next day to see if they would deliver on their word. The next day came and no form of communication about the cancellation or refund was communicated to us. Again, we called to get some insight on the mishaps of the account just to get told that they do not know what we were talking about and the rep started to inform us of prior incidents on our account that had nothing to do with our order cancellation and told us that our refund was on the account in a form of a store credit! Mind you that this transaction took place recently and nothing had been processed. Again, we were hung up on 4 times after requesting to speak with the higher ups about our concern. After a little over an hour and a half we was refunded our money. To be honest with those who read thisBeware of this company for 8 reasons:
1. They do not value new clients businessyou are just another number.
2. Communication is not a value that they embody.
3. They seem to be very unorganized.
4. The frontline associates do not have a clue on how to help you. It doesn't seem like they are given much training to help you as a customer.
5. Their interest is not in the best interest of your business.
6. Upper management is not available for customers to talk with.
The next two points are simply facts. We took our business elsewhere and where able to get done what we were going to pay LegalZoom for 10 times less that what LegalZoom was charging us!
7. They are overpriced.
8. They are a headache to deal with.
We are happy to say that are business is with Northwest Registered Agents and they from beginning to the end were extremely helpful, knowledgeable and more importantly, DID NOT once pressure us into buying anything from them. They were simply there to offer us guidance and truly propel our business forward. We just want to be clear, before this incident we had no relationships with Northwest Registered Agents and are not getting paid to saying this. They were a great help and we felt like they genuinely cared for what we were trying to accomplish without all of the headache! What's more, they helped us without us paying them a dime for the services we were being charged from LegalZoom. This is our experience, our opinion and It is truly up to you to decide if LegalZoom is for you BUT for us we would NEVER give LegalZoom our business now or in the future.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi, we do our best to make sure every customer is happy with our service and it seems we fell short of that goal in this situation. Usually orders & any cancellation process goes more smoothly and we apologize that you experienced us at less than our best. Your comments and experience are important to us and we appreciate your feedback. We'd like an opportunity to try to make things right. Please contact help@legalzoom.com & we'll be sure a manager reaches out to you directly.
lilym66
1/3/19

I hired Legal Zoom to be our registered agent. Our new renewal notice came, and I noticed they had nearly tripled the price from last year. I hired someone else for $99 (instead of $399 legalzoom was charging.) I notified them to cancel on Dec 11, 2018, they refused. I notified them again on Dec 27, they again refused. I notified them in writing on Jan 1. My renewal date is supposed to be January 3, but they charged me 6 days early so they could rip me off for $400 by refusing to cancel my service. I have filed a BBB complaint against them since changing the due date was done deliberately to steal money from a customer instead of allowing the customer to cancel. Do not do business with these theives under any circumstance.
UPDATE- I have now been going round and round with them for over a month. They will not respond to emails at all.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Lily, we're so sorry about your experience. Our registered agent subscription fees have recently increased to include additional services that many of our customers find beneficial. Having our registered agent service is always optional and if a agent change has been made, we are more than happy to cancel your LegalZoom subscription. Please feel free to reach out to a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com with your account information so that we may resolve things right away.

Hi Carol, we also offer legal plans where you can speak directly with an Attorney that can help with any advice or legal questions about your trust. Contact us directly at 1-866-738-2980. We are happy to help get you started.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Jason, we are happy to assist you and talk about our LLC packages & process anytime. Feel free to email us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Analisa, we are here to help and happy to answer any questions or concerns. Feel free to contact me directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. We are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer & we are willing to review any concerns for resolution. Please feel free to reach out to the social media manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Susan, we are happy to answer any questions or concerns about our product & process. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Today is July 20. 8am. I called Legal Zoom's phone support 800 773 0888 AGAIN. I got the same automated response that their agents are busy. I waited for several minutes. Nada. Left my return call number. lets see if they will call back. Really? at 8 am and everybody is busy to take a call. I understand they start the help line at 5 am. Still, they do not return calls. Since a Legal Zoom staffer monitors these pages, I might as well ask my question here: I recently filed an application for incorporation in CA. I got the paperwork from the Sec of State. It says its been filed. The information at the Sec of State website says my Corp is active. I understand I am to pay the State an $800 registration fee. When am I suppose to pay this. Nobody's billing me yet. I agree w Stan L. LZ is a great idea but poor executed.

By G A.

Hi Philip, we are happy to discuss our packages & pricing anytime. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Andres, yes we can assist you with both dissolving your current LLC and the filing of your new LLC. Please feel free to email help@legalzoom.com with any questions or concerns, thanks.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Adam, it is LegalZoom's goal to provide its valued customers with exceptional service during every interaction. All comments and experiences are important to us; we appreciate and welcome feedback. We have many satisfied customers and we are very happy to answer any questions or concerns. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-733-0888.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Benjamin, we are happy to answer any questions or concerns about our products and/or services. Feel free to call us directly at 1-800-773-0888.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Questions? Get answers from the LegalZoom staff and other customers.

4 Photos for LegalZoom