Review of LegalZoom

Over 10 years helping millions of customers
Learn More

jayg90
2/14/18

Melissa Harris did a great job of taking care of the paperwork for my C corporation filing requirements and she also answered all my questions that I had about the filing requirements.I also had the opportunity to purchase 2 more years of service using Legalzoom.I will recommend Legalzoom to all my contacts and customers for their small businesses.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Jay, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
bryans95
2/12/18

Do not use this service. The sales pitches are dishonest. It is far better to use a local attorney. In the end the price will be the same and your attorney is beholden to his/her respective bar association. There is no way to hold this firm accountable.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Bryan, we're disappointed to hear you’ve had a less than satisfying experience with us, and we want to have an opportunity to make things right. We'd like to learn more about your situation. We will review your order information & contact you directly. Please also feel free to submit your information to: help@legalzoom.com and we will review your order history. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to make your experience with LegalZoom a better one.
ront47
1/30/18
• Updated review

I received a 100% refund. Shouldnt take a bad review, but at least they stepped up and did the right thing.

“Beware of auto renewal charges”
• Previous review

Charged me 160 to renew a registered agent for my company. Have asked to have it cancelled several times. I did not need them as my RA. Sent copies of new RA assignment and still could not get them to stop chasing me for 160. Their is no cost with the state other than to change an RA, which I paid. They turned me over to a collection agency. At this point Ive wasted more than 160 of my time. I paid it to make them go away. I would not use this company.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Ron, it is very important to us to try and correct the situation when a customer feels there has been a misunderstanding or an error in the service and/or product at LegalZoom. Our goal is to make every customer happy with our products and service, we clearly missed the mark this time; you deserve better. I want to resolve this for you. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
skylerc5
1/25/18

Juli was great and extremely helpful. She was patient with me and made everything very easy to understand. I have spoken with a lot of costumer service reps over the past few days for various reasons and she was by far the best!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Skyler, thanks so much for sharing your experience. We will be sure to let Juli know if your kind words.
candicej14
1/23/18

I did not have a pleasant experience with the Customer Service Repesentative. I was not listened to in addition to being talked over. I couldn't even get a word in. I felt she was only listening to reply. The customer rep was not pleasant AT ALL and was unable to answer my questions as this was all new to me. Sadly Disappointed.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Candice, we're disappointed to hear you’ve had a less than satisfying experience with us, and we want to have an opportunity to make things right. We'd like to learn more about your situation. Please kindly submit your contact information to: help@legalzoom.com and we will review your order history. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to make your experience with LegalZoom a better one.
bradc59
1/23/18

I am filing for my first trademark and this experience is incredibly daunting. I have lawyers telling me it will be $1300 or I can file it myself for $69 on some random site. Who knows what is correct but Juli, at Legalzoom, walked me through the entire process. I have an attorney working on my trademark and I look forward to the result!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Brad, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
ps194
1/15/18

This has been a waste of my time. I filed for a DBA on 11/8/17. Today it is 1/15/18 and I still have not received a completed order. Whenever you call you are not able to talk to a human. The only way to get a response is to email and hope for an email back days later. This company's a joke and obviously has their own employees leaving positive reviews for them on this site. Look for another company that has humans you can talk to when you need answers and can expedite orders in a timely fashion.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
We would like to extend our sincerest apology in regards to your less than great experience with LegalZoom. We are reviewing your account & will reach out to you directly to help resolve your concerns. Please feel free to also contact a manager directly anytime via help@legalzoom.com.
christopherw109
1/9/18

Great Customer Service for the uninformed! From Lawyers on call, to tax specialists, to great customer service just to put your mind at ease yo0u cant go wrong they have you covered!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Christopher, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to hear your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
zackp6
12/27/17

I could talk for hours about my completely HORRIBLE experience with this turd of a company. I guess i will sum it up for everyone. So i called before i placed my order to make sure i could have every thing by the time i needed it, and to see if there way anyway i could help them out and get things done faster. they assured me that it would be done in no time and i would not nor could not do anything to help them with time constraints. When things were not getting done on time i called my rep (who BTW said to only contact her and she can answer everything) only to have her get mad at me for calling her and say "i dont know why you called me?" this being after i emailed her with no response for 2 days. My "rep" then forwards me to a few other ppl then i re explain the 20 min long conversation with and come to find out EVERYTHING the "rep" told me before i submitted my order was a COMPLETE LIE. i could have done things to save money and speed it up the rep told me no way. the time frames i was given were actually about 5X longer then what the rep promised. and so on and so forth with the whole order it was a lie. sooooo i now talk to 3 ppl in customer service who refuse to give me a email or extension so i may contact them direct with questions on my order. i spend 3 hour on the phone with these idiots trying to get them to understand that i filled the trade name i own it and they can finnish the rest of my work just dont file my trade name. 30 mins after i get off my 3+ hr long conversation with them they email me saying they sent my trade name paperwork to the state to be filed.................. i guess 3 hrs of me saying dont do that wasnt enough. it has now been a week the time when my whole order was suppose to be done and im waiting on hold to talk to someone for 45min because THEY screwed up again. moral of the story is this company is a $#*!ing joke they dont give 2 $#*!s about service all they care about is there money. NEVER USE LEGALZOOM!!!! take the time and do it your self or pay a real person to do it not a crew of $#*! up idiots!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DONT use legalzoom!!!!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Zack, we're sorry about what occurred with your order and with your customer service/sales experience. Usually orders go more smoothly and we apologize that you experienced us at less than our best. It is very important to us that our customers are happy with the products and services we offer. We’d like the opportunity to turn things around & try to make this a better experience. You deserve better and we’d like to assist you in finding a resolution. Please feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
kelseyt11
12/21/17

Very kind and professional. Laughed at my stupid Dad jokes. I called with questions about my Trademark search and while she couldn't offer legal advice, she was able to point me in the right direction.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Kelsey, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
calvinf15
12/19/17

Submitted to Legal Zoom on 14 November . 19 December Legal Zoom tells me they delivered it to the state on 8 December. WTF? I mean like really. More truth, I called the state and found out the llc paperwork was not even dropped off till 13 December. Someone has lied, not good business.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. We’d like to review your account & hear more of your concerns. We will reach out to you directly but please feel free to contact a manager directly anytime via help@legalzoom.com.
davep131
12/14/17

we purchased the product to make a non profit, they tease you in with one price and at check out a 99 dollar non profit cost 277.05, then it was to be done in a few days, it took them forever to get me the signature page, then no help with that, they had to resend it and it was going to take 3 days to get to the state, after 14 days they had not sent it to the state and could not tell me when it was going to go. I had to cancel my order and will never use a company like this again. Not only were they not cheap, they were hard to deal with and could not meet any sort of time line. It took from October 24th until December 12th for them to try to create a document that should have taken a few minutes in a computer program, and they could not do this. I had to cancel the order today but at least they refunded the money.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Dave, it is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. Our website states our packages “start” at $99 + the state filing fee. Your price can be increased if additional items/services are added. We’re very sorry for any miscommunication or misunderstanding on our part. We’d like an opportunity to try to make this experience better. Please feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
ryanc130
12/8/17

I used Legalzoom for filing a trademark. Basically once they file you cannot receive a refund, even if they screw up the application. Our trademark was denied and we now have an office action. When the trademark was submitted I did talk to someone from Legalzoom, however, I know now that you do not talk to lawyers, instead you are talking to legal aids from Legalzoom that advise you. Now that I have hired a law firm to help with the office action, which is costing us more money, they informed me, and I quote them "I would personally ask LegalZoom for your money back because it is 100% clear to me that the specimen you submitted with your trademark application is not an acceptable trademark specimen."

So, had I talked to a real lawyer instead of Legalzoom, they would have recognized that the specimen submitted would not be acceptable, but Legalzoom is either incompetent at best, or at worst allow customers to fail applications (patent and trademark included) so that they can make more money on you when/if you use them to solve the problems caused by their incompetence upon filing. See how that works? They make no guarantees and you really don't talk to a lawyer when go over your trademark application. To add insult to injury, the well known trademark law firm we are using now costs the same, if not a little less, than using Legalzoom and I am so much happy working with them. They are 100% more professional and knowledgeable than anyone I ever talked to through Legalzoom.

It is completely ridiculous that the legal aid did not know our specimen would not be accepted. Through dealing with the process I can now look the specimen we submitted and know that it would not meet the requirements for the trademark application.

I will make another note that I did use Legalzoom to create our LLC, and while things did not happen quickly, we were successful and I have no complaints on the service. That being said, I will not use Legalzoom again. They are simply document pushers and not really legal advisers in any way! I wish I had read reviews before choosing to use their services!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
We apologize for the poor experience you had while transacting business with our organization. It is LegalZoom's goal to provide its valued customers, such as you are, with exceptional service during every interaction. Your comments and experience are important to us and we appreciate and welcome your feedback. In reviewing your order, you purchased the non-attorney assisted Trademark package. Our customer care & sales agents are not lawyers nor legal aids. We offer to assist in filing your Trademark registration under your specific direction. Our website states we cannot guarantee the results or outcome of your particular procedure. For instance, the government may reject a trademark application for legal reasons beyond the scope of LegalZoom's service. We’re very sorry that your application was initially rejected & will require additional specimen steps. As a courtesy, we have applied a discount for a portion of your filing. If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.
drewp20
11/27/17

Had a great conversation with Julie who both knew what she was talking about and was able to give me all the information I needed quickly in an enjoyable conversation! Will absolutely be dialing her back with other questions that may arise.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Drew, thank you very much for sharing your experience. We work really hard to make our customers feel satisfied with our products/services. We're happy to see that you feel you were in good hands & we'll be sure to let her know of your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
ericc149
11/20/17

She was very patient and thorough she Walk me through the process. She was super friendly!!! When i asked additional information she found answers. Also helped me set up new order

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Eric, thank you very much for sharing your experience. We work really hard to make our customers feel satisfied with our products/services. We're happy to see that you feel you were in good hands. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
elijav
11/7/17

I ordered the economy package for an LLC for my company. I paid over $700 in the end, which is way over the amount I should have paid or would have paid somewhere else. When I received my documents. Some were missing, and I had to get them re-ordered. They charged me for my state filling of the Certificate of Organization, when I'm in the military and in Pennsylvania the fee is exempt for military veterans. My Member Certificates were blank in which I wasn't aware that for the economy package they don't take the extra time to fill them out which is ridiculous! Especially for how much the package cost in the end. I am very disappointed that legal zoom took advantage of me and my rights as a service member by not honorably accounting for the benefits I earned and should have been exempt for, as well as there horrible customer and company service as a whole.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
We apologize for the experience you've had with LegalZoom regarding your package. Our goal is to make every customer happy with our products and service, we clearly missed the mark this time. I want to resolve this for you. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the package or any other portion of your order. Please contact a manager via email at help@legalzoom.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
wesleyh30
11/7/17

This company failed me and never filed the S corp form 2553 after stating they did several times a year later. They would not help after spending 1:20 min on the phone they wanted me to email another Dept. to ask if I could explain my request. Unreal! Told them to refund me my money and I would hire someone else. I would not hire them for anything!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Wesley, we're sorry about what occurred with your order and with your customer service experience. Usually orders go more smoothly and we apologize that you experienced us at less than our best. It is very important to us that our customers are happy with the products and services we offer. We want you to be satisfied and try to make things right. Please feel free to contact a manager directly at help@legalzoom.com.
alis1334
11/6/17

I have been in the hotel industry for 9years and managed multiple property.
It is rare to find people with such a great hospitality service like Julia.
I would defiantly hire her as a manager for my company. LegalZoom is very lucky to have her as an employee

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Ali, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. We will be sure to let Julia know how great she was at providing you with quality service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
sivas10
11/3/17

Filed for Food License and got it done fast without much fuss. Appreciate the support and assistance provided. Look forward for more such good work from the team. Raunak and his team have really delighted me with their continous support and helped me in getting the license fast.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Siva, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
josephs247
11/2/17

i am very grateful to Jason Lash for providing highly professional service today. I also wish to express my deep appreciation to all hardworking people at Legal Zoom for helping me on many previous occasions with new business incorporation, trademarks, copyright, and legal services , Your team is really a wonderful help to the entire small business community. Those few people who placed negative reviews about Legal Zoom are truly disgusting and should be totally ignored!!!
Please continue with your wonderful services to all of us. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Joseph Shetzen

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Joseph, thanks so much for the amazing review and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help with your business needs. We'll be sure to let Jason know of all your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
samuelw41
10/30/17

Filed my trademark through LegalZoom. They got it done fast and without much fuss, and that's all there is to say about it, which is a good thing. Just watch out for any additional trial services they may sign you up for, and be proactive in cancelling them before they start charging. Fortunately for me, they have a very generous return policy (though I did have to press them a little to get a full refund).

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Samuel, we're sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of. The plan that you were enrolled into is a legal plan that entitles you to receive unlimited attorney consultations on any new legal matter along with additional benefits. If it's something that you specified you didn't want to participate in, we apologize & would like to make things right. We will review your order details & follow up with you directly. Please also feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
stephaineh
10/25/17

I bought a package from them and cancelled it and they continue to take money out of my account. This company are crooks! Do not give them your cc or debit card info bc they will steal from you!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Stephaine, we are sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of. We can review your account & assist you with cancelling any subscription. We would like an opportunity to make things right. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com. We look forward to hearing from you so we can get everything resolved for you.
akbarn
10/24/17

I order ( order # 49985238) to register my firm to be registered to in the state of California and paid over $300.00 for expedited service and send all the documents by over night service one of the certificate the staff member kept the certificate in wrong file. I spend over 5-6 hours over the phone and even after that the work was not done finally I have ask for refund after 5-6 weeks and I have to do myself all over again the process is only 3-4 days. I will never use them again

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Akbar, we'd like to learn more about your situation. We will review your order & follow up with you directly. Please also feel free to kindly submit your contact information to help@legalzoom.com and we will review your order history. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to make your experience with LegalZoom a better one.
annep71
10/18/17

Jason Garcia provided top-notch service while assisting me with my questions, challenges and business needs. I believe it is crucial that leadership recognize a job well done, and Jason is certainly most deserving of that recognition.

In this fast-paced and fluctuating business environment, one rarely finds a provider that; listens with the intent to hear, responds with courtesy, and is decisive enough to take immediate action (where possible), to resolve the issues/challenges . I must admit ... I was pleasantly surprised by Jason's vested attention to my needs! His service level most certainly exceeded all my expectations! I want to detail what sets him apart from others:
1. His focus to discover; why I called, what I needed and how you could help.
2. His proactive service to; assist me immediately by addressing my concerns and helping me complete the filing process on my behalf.
3. His thorough explanation of; what we were discussing, the available service options and associated costs.
4. His insight on; best practices for new business start-ups, and
5. His follow-up, which provided me with details in writing, and key links for additional helps/services in the future.

Jason Garcia's professionalism, courtesy and business focus are rare and priceless commodities! I am grateful for his help and assistance today, and hope LegalZoom recognizes the value he contributes to your bottom-line. I, for one, will continue to work with LegalZoom, because of the "face" Jason portrayed (on behalf of LegalZoom) in our time together today.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Anne, thanks so much for the amazing review and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help with your business needs. We'll be sure to let Jason know of all your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
pault168
10/12/17

She explained the process very well and was easy to get a hold of. Also helped me avoid some unforeseeable pitfalls

Thanks Julie!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Paul, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. We will be sure to let Julie know how you feel. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

Hi Carol, we also offer legal plans where you can speak directly with an Attorney that can help with any advice or legal questions about your trust. Contact us directly at 1-866-738-2980. We are happy to help get you started.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Jason, we are happy to assist you and talk about our LLC packages & process anytime. Feel free to email us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Analisa, we are here to help and happy to answer any questions or concerns. Feel free to contact me directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. We are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer & we are willing to review any concerns for resolution. Please feel free to reach out to the social media manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Susan, we are happy to answer any questions or concerns about our product & process. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Today is July 20. 8am. I called Legal Zoom's phone support 800 773 0888 AGAIN. I got the same automated response that their agents are busy. I waited for several minutes. Nada. Left my return call number. lets see if they will call back. Really? at 8 am and everybody is busy to take a call. I understand they start the help line at 5 am. Still, they do not return calls. Since a Legal Zoom staffer monitors these pages, I might as well ask my question here: I recently filed an application for incorporation in CA. I got the paperwork from the Sec of State. It says its been filed. The information at the Sec of State website says my Corp is active. I understand I am to pay the State an $800 registration fee. When am I suppose to pay this. Nobody's billing me yet. I agree w Stan L. LZ is a great idea but poor executed.

By G A.

Hi Philip, we are happy to discuss our packages & pricing anytime. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Andres, yes we can assist you with both dissolving your current LLC and the filing of your new LLC. Please feel free to email help@legalzoom.com with any questions or concerns, thanks.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Adam, it is LegalZoom's goal to provide its valued customers with exceptional service during every interaction. All comments and experiences are important to us; we appreciate and welcome feedback. We have many satisfied customers and we are very happy to answer any questions or concerns. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-733-0888.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Carol, we can absolutely help you with setting up a living trust. Our packages start at $249.00 or you may benefit even more with an estate plan bundle. Call us at 1-866-738-2980 for more information.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Questions? Get answers from the LegalZoom staff and other customers.

2 Photos for LegalZoom