Jumia

Jumia has a consumer rating of 4 stars from 68 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Jumia most frequently mention online store, customer service and fast delivery. Jumia ranks 22nd among Electronics sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 68.4%

• Jumia nigeria's customer service has got to be the best I've seen in a while.
  • To my greatest surprise, I got a call just 3 days after, that my product have been delivered.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Jumia?

“The best e-commerce in Africa”

Justin A.
7/31/20

Patronising Jumia.com.ng is one online store that keep to their words. I have ordered so many goods and these goods get delivered on time, the right specifications and displayed on site, perfectly working utensils and a superb customer service. I will keep shopping on jumia.com.ng

“Poor delivery and feedback process”

Tosin O.
6/18/21

I placed an order on Jumia and accidentally selected the wrong delivery address. I sent them an email to let them know I'd like to change the address but it was not changed. The delivery agent called me and I told him that the address was wrong but he delivered it there(my former office) to a former colleague without my consent. When I emailed Jumia to complain, they took the dispatchers word over mine and closed the ticket. I wrote them again but was ignored. Since then, I have been shopping on other online sites. I was terribly disappointed

customer service (5) 3 days (3)
abariz
September 14th, 2021

You can ONLY CALL TO ORDER not CALL when something is wrong with your ORDER. So many things is wrong, from them cancelling to not cancelling on time, to returning your refund to their wallet(jumia pay account), to their vendors not having an item yet advertising it, to them bringing dented items without checking. I AM TRAUMATIZED BY JUMIA. I wish I rate them ZERO
You can shop fashion items but NEVER MODERN KITCHEN GADGETS

Tip for consumers:
None cos Jumia customer care service don't even know if their vendors have an item or not. And you can only call them to make orders

Blender and clothes

christophere289
April 30th, 2021

Ordered an item, got series of email and text stating that the delivery agent will call me. Waited a whole day and did not get any call. Called the delivery agent number and it was switched off.
Later got a mail from jumia stating "failed delivery order" with no further explanation. They posted a supervisors number that I can call but it was also switched. This is the worst treatment that one can receive from an eCommerce business. No to jumia!

tosino2
June 18th, 2021
Verified purchase

I wrote them again but was ignored.

Just avoid them

fausaty
January 15th, 2021

There are numerous online stores but jumia makes online shopping fun. Its convenient and unbelievably cheap!

marcok16
October 31st, 2020

I like the honest reviews that he jumia users provide. Jumi has a lot of internationally good sign their list and that makes it all the better. Usually takes about a month for international orders to be delivered. Delivery shops are in pretty much all the well known towns. Makes it worth using.

justina226
July 31st, 2020

emmaw235
September 30th, 2020

The best online shop in Africa, they have verities of goods and services, phones, electronics, groceries, medical equipment, clothings etc secure online payments, pay on delivery, goods customer service, buy items from abroad, fast delivery etc

godwine4
May 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

This fitness band is rubbish please do not buy it does not monitor heart rate or revive messages or calls it just a band

Tip for consumers:
Not everything is the image there

None

adekunleo7
February 23rd, 2021

I have used Jumia for sometime now. Actually I first heard about it like three years back and I completely recommend it. It has a large variety of products and services with fast delivery. I've bought a few things there and I'm always impressed with the ease of tracking and fast customer service. 8/10 would recommend.

Tip for consumers:
Check the rating of the seller before initiating a purchase

Products used:
Phones, cosmetics products, clothing and shoes

chisomu2
December 31st, 2020

With this app you can buy any products at a good discounts rates. Examples of products are phones and accessories, electrical gadgets, shoes, fruits, food order, watches, cosmetics, provisions, cake, etc, even it supports home delivery.

Tip for consumers:
This is is stress free and if you changed your mind after ordering,you can cancel your order and your refundment will be processed immediately

Shoes and cosmetics

darey
February 22nd, 2021

I ordered for a hard drive and was to pay on delivery. I was told it was coming on a particular day and then booom, they were saying stuffs like "custom stopped the delivery" or something similar.

Tip for consumers:
Be very careful when trying to make purchase. Take note of every little details

danielo569
August 14th, 2020

When I placed an order, from what I saw based on my location, they told me it will be delivered to me about 7 days later.
To my greatest surprise, I got a call just 3 days after, that my product have been delivered. That means the delivery came even earlier than I expected.

damarisi2
May 21st, 2020

I bought the Nima blender, it doesn't blend smoothly, is way smeller than it looks in the picture, is not worth the buy at at all, jumai's products are fake, I will never shop on jumia again, it's so annoying they don't put up the real ratings from customers, I consider that a fraud.

olivera58
September 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

I bought Valem Phantom Z+ 4GB 64GB Android 10.0 from Jumia. The device was tested a week later because I was not around when it was delivered, but fail to work. The device has no life in it, Power On not working, even when you plug it, no sign of charging. Infact it look like an empty device, defective from factory. Jumia refuse to take it back, even to investigate and show concern, they did not. I just threw away 65,000 naira without apology. Moreover, all the bad review I wrote about the device, Jumia fail to post it. They screened it out, meaning most of the review on product found on their site are not real, they only post positive review. This is an intentional act to defraud Nigerians.
DO NOT BUY FROM JUMIA nigeria

Tip for consumers:
Please do not get a product without testing it. JUMIA quality control is next to ZERO. FAKE PRODUCT every where

Power bank

felixn33
September 2nd, 2020

I ordered a garment from them, which should be sent to me within two weeks but which did not come back until afterwards and it was not the model ordered.

obasim
December 3rd, 2017

Was awesome in the past until they started doing experiments with customer's money. This is making it a week plus they deducted money from my debit card for an order they said was invalid.

Would give them a few more days to refund me before taking further actions. No serious business performs experiment(s) on a live website. Test and new features were supposed to be tested on a development console and not on a live website.

abrahame24
March 8th, 2021

Jumia is the largest e commerce store in Nigeria. Ever since I started using Jumia, I haven't regretted as my orders are delivered to me according to the specifications.

Tip for consumers:
Well rated for e commerce. Please give it a try and there won't be regrets.

Mobile phone

oluwafemio5
September 15th, 2020

Jumia have one of the best customer size for an online store, even their physical store is wonderful, I had issues with a product of thier vendor and they collected it, inspected it and refund me my money immediately

pelumip
September 7th, 2020

Jumia is the best online business or store in nigeria right now, from very fast delivery to quality products. Keep up the good work Jumia

anjua4
October 29th, 2020

Jumia is a very good online shop for kenyans and nigerians. It has like a lot of products. I am a regular user and I have never been disappointed. That's not to say that you will not be disappointed. You need to be sure of what you are buying and check the reviews first. Some things are just not worth the trouble.

harryp161
July 29th, 2020

Jumia is a very good online shop. What I love about the shop is that there are always things on offer. The offers are great and can really save you alot of money. Another good thing about it is that the delivery time is short. If it not being shipped from abroad then you get your good the same day that you order it. If you are firther the a maximum of 3 days.

tobechukwun
August 20th, 2020

Jumia is a great place to feast your eyes as it has a lot of items that meets your eye. However you must note that some items May differ in real than what you had in mind.

opadelei
May 17th, 2019

Jumia has actually done a lot of advantages to the world economy. You don't now have to go to the physical market to get your products. At the tips of your hands you can order from jumia. Jumia would have received my 5stars rating if their products prices are moderate enough. They should know full well that there are now many e-markets. And if care is not taken, they make go insolvent

nersehs
December 25th, 2020

Very different prices - you can find something inexpensive or something elite - there are offers for every taste!

azeezn1
August 22nd, 2020

I recently bought a product using their website, after it getting delivered, I noticed there was some error on the quality of the goods as stated on the website by the seller. I immediately went to return it after following due routine. The return process wasn't stressful and my money was fully refunded.

They should try to verify goods from sellers first before uploading on their website

By Azeez N.