Review of JCPenney

rkeller@jcpenney.com
2018 Customer choice award

johnm937
10/25/17

The handicap men's restroom at the JCP @ Meadowbrook mall in Bridgeport, WV seems to have personnel who can't install toilet paper correctly; keep feces from the floor and walls, making sure the toilet seat is attached properly.

stevieg5
10/24/17

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH AND I WANT TO TELL EVERYONE TO NEVER ORDER FURNITURE FROM JCPENNYS!!! MY ORDER WAS PLACED SEPT 4, RECEIVED SHIPPED EMAIL SEPT 9 AND I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE MY ORDER. CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR THE PAST MONTH AND AFTER EACH TIME TOLD WE ARE LOOKING INTO IT AND THEY WOULD CONTACT IN 5-7BUSINESS DAYS (THIS HAPPENED OVER AND OVER) UNTIL TODAY I CALL BACK AND THEY TOLD ME ALL THEY CAN DO IS CREDIT MY ACCOUNT I CAN TAKE THE RISK (YES SHE SAID THAT) TO REORDER AGAIN!!!! NO ONE OFFERED TO REPLACE THE ORDER AGAIN AND FOLLOW IT THROUGH AND MAKE SURE I WOULD RECEIVE IT (ALSO TOLD ME NEVER TO TRUST THE ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE ON THEIR WEB SITE AND THAT THOSE ARE NOT SHIP DATES TO THE END CUSTOMER THAT THEY SEND IN THEIR EMAIL THAT SAYS SHIPPED). THIS WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE AND AFTER ALMOST 2 MONTHS OF SLEEPING WITH NO BED (BECAUSE I ALSO ORDERED NEW MATTRESSES FROM THEM AND RECEIVED THOSE RIGHT AWAY) I RECEIVE NO HELP FROM THEM BESIDES CREDITING MY ACCOUNT FOR MY ORDER! THEY BASICALLY MADE THEIR COMPANY SOUND LIKE A TERRIBLE COMPANY AND NOT REASSURING TO EVER ORDER FROM THERE AGAIN. I WANT ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO KNOW DO NOT PLACE ORDERS THROUGH THIS COMPANY!

pats250
10/22/17

Purchase a pair of Sketcher online, however, two days later they told me that its on back order which is fine.Then the canceled the order without calling/text me, no apology. Went in my email looking for something and I saw that my order is canceled they no longer have the item.

I call and asked for a manager, this young lady name Shawnese were so RUDE to me. When I ask her for the manager she stated "I AM THE SUPERVISOR " she refuse to let me speak to someone other than her rude ass. Will spend my money with JCPENNY AGAIN!!!

tanyong
10/20/17

I just love the new selection clothes for women it 's has been a while since shop at the website Customer Service was great Janice was very helpful.

sherrym68
10/18/17

Love the instant coupons on the website . Was fast shipping . No problems . Could navigate a bit easier .

robertc395
10/16/17

Want to thank Jcpennys for the great customer service they provided for me great service and very prompt couldnt ask for anything more

nc62
10/16/17

Wiregrass location(Jose) would not honor a price match with receipt for an crew t-shirt in store purchase within 5 days of original purchase date and looking to purchase 7 more of the same shirt in different colors. I was told to call customer service to see what they could do for me. Called customer service (Hennesey) and they would not help honor the price either. Left on hold for 20 + minutes to be hung up on by Hennessy. Why does this have to be so difficult!

eliser6
10/11/17

I ordered something online but found a better deal somewhere else so I tried to cancel the irder that I just placed. I ordered as a guest but definitely wasn't treated like one. I talked to customer service and they informed me that I could not cancel the order. Then I realized that the store the item is being shipped to was 4 hours away from where I live so I asked if they could change the store it was shipped to but again they said no. They were very rude and unapologetic so much that I just burst into tears because I was so frustrated. Never doing business with JCPennys again.

rubym48
10/10/17

J.C. Penny's is an awesome place to shop! I bought all my kids clothes
There when they were young. The customer service is good. Their inventory of items is huge. Shop J.C.
Penny!

maryc362
10/6/17

I will never ever do business with JCPenney again!!!! NEVER
I ordered a sofa and chair online. When they delivered the furniture they forgot to leave the paperwork & warranty. The sofa they delivered looked much darker than the one I ordered. I called them the next day and asked them if they could check to make sure that the correct item was delivered. I explained to them that I was aware that sometimes when you order things online that the pics do not always match exactly with the actual color. I told them that as long as the correct item was delivered That I would be content with they left me with . They told me that they could not check to see if the correct item was delivered and that even if they could there would be nothing that they could do about it. They told me that because I accepted the delivery that it would be my fault if it was the wrong item or color. I spoke with a supervisor and a manager and was told the exact same thing. So I guess that JCPenney can just drop off anything they want. It doesn't have to be the item that you ordered. They assume no responsibility whatsoever. The funny thing is that I eventually found a serial number on a tag underneath the couch and once I googled it I found out that it was the right color. What's not so funny is there ended up being a very small tear on the arm of the sofa that will probably just get bigger. They sent someone out to look at the sofa ( 2 months later ) . After he walked all over my white rug with his dirty tennis shoes he told me that even though there is a 1 year warranty on the sofa they probably won't do anything about it because they said I probably tore it myself. I told him that I was going to report them to the better business bureau and any other agency that I could come up with. His response was " Oh they don't care about anything like that." They have been reported numerous times besides, they are getting ready to go out of business. " They are a horrible company! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!

calicos
9/18/17

ITS TERRIBLE ..THEY DONT GIVE U 30 MIN.LUNCH UNTIL U WORK AFTER 6 HRS AND THE MANAGEMENT TREATS U LIKE CRAP ............

clelias1
9/15/17

I bought a shirt and I paid $28 whenI got it the sticker said a $8.97 on clearance, I called them and they didn't want to help me

rebeccas187
9/14/17

I just picked up my purse which I ordered through JCPenney app. I'm in love with my purchase. Very fast shipping with a very little shipping fee. Their prices are extremely reasonable. JCPenney makes it very fun, hassle free and convenient to either shop online or in store. I am highly satisfied shopping with them!!!

joannel58
9/8/17

I will never order from jcpennys on line again. The worst customer service n after 2 weeks of waiting. I was told my item went to Rhode Island n they did not find a solution to fix the problem. Never again. The worst on line ordering n customer service around

lindseym53
9/6/17

But I did find something I liked, it took well over a week to even ship an item weighing less than 2 ounces and was charged $8.95 and cannot get an answer about why there's been such a ridiculous delay. I am STILL waiting for my item to arrive, and all they've done is print a shipping label, I can't even get an estimate for when it will actually arrive.

jenniferm399
9/5/17

My husband order living room furniture a month ago they said it would be delivered today between 4-6 pm well 5pm they called and said that they where in NY we said no we are in NJ well now I have no furniture until they can set up new delivery day after Friday well we work have a toddler with autism and no more patients left and your delivery company was very disrespectful someone should get my furniture to me

cassr5
8/30/17

After several recent transactions with JCPenny on line, I can tell you this...
I would give them no stars if I could
Your order will get screwed up
After they screw up you will be on the phone for an hour listening to repeated "I We apologize..."
They will not fix it by doing anything to make it right!
They don't have a place to do an online reveiw of their services...that should tell you something!
Buy on line from some one else ...if you can

elizabethg127
8/27/17

They sells stuff they know is out of stock, they are aware of the issue and refuse to fix it. They actually told me to repurchase the item I had already purchased to see if it would ship this time as it was still being sold a week after I had bought it and was told it was out of stock. However it was not on sale anymore and I still had not received a rebate on the one I had already bought.

lauras265
8/26/17

I was at Sephora in Deerbrook mall area with my teenage daughter and we were treated very rudely by Mary who wasn't very happy to be there or helping customers. Her attitude made us go to complain to the manager but nothing was resolved. Me and my daughter are very good customers at Sephora at the galleria store which has always been very professional, Sephora should choose it's employees with a higher standard. Very disappointing

kelvint9
8/24/17

got a credit card from jcp [penneys] everything was find until this year try using card online and nothing try resetting password nothing called customer service total waste of time and you wonder y there closing stores .go figure by the way they cant say i don't pay on time because i have a 100% on time record .paying my bills will take business elsewhere.have since closed account.

Tip for consumers: beware!!!

vanithay
8/18/17

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE . lot of miscommunication . send wrong color dishwasher and and delayed delivery and couldn't get a proper response from them for the inconvenience and stress i went through .no one picks up the phone in the appliance section and nobody is at the desk in the appliance section to assist you. Never going to order any appliance from the store.

lillya17
8/15/17

The only reason I ordered from JcPenny was because of its 30% off and $10 off for signing up for an account/ the app. Anyways after ordering several times to just get a set of towels. 1st an item was cancelled and I was not informed (even after several trips to the store to check on it). After making me replace the order several times, bc they can't cancel there own orders. So I have 5 orders 4 with the exact item on it, charged each time...all the customer service reps say is to reorder and then cancel when it gets in. Anyways after 4 calls finally get an order and it's two towels not sets. So now after calling and holding some more...bottom line is they say it's my fault, what I choose was extra large towels even though the picture has a set of towels and the description says nothing about extra large size..."oh the pictures for the selection you choose doesn't always matched and it doesn't come in a set. Its misleading advertizing...." So the picture of a set is for only one towel. This is the second supervisor I've spoken to. So an extra long towel is supposed to be $34 for one towel, WTF. So pretty much nothing they can do. I have to take my order into a store to return it...and wait til all my other orders get I to cancel them too. Wait for all this money to get put back on my card. So all this hassle for no towels and a really big headache. $#*!ty customer service and $#*!ty company. Never will I buy anything there again!

debb1890
8/9/17

I ordered a refrigerator and the washer dryer set from JCPenny and the same was scheduled to be delivered on Aug 15th 2017. Later on we changed the delivery date to 29th july. And guess what, they didn't deliver it on 29th without informing us. We waited the entire day for the shipment and kept on calling customer service but no one responded. The next day started with calling customer service and a guy named Andrew/Bob from the JCPenny store replied and fixed the delivery date to be on 9th of Aug 2017. And again guess what, on 9th also they didn't deliver the products and now telling us very rudely that its not JCPenny's fault and we have to talk to LG for all these messes they are creating. The customer service lady is extremely rude and doesn't even know how to talk to the customers who are in so much trouble just because of JCPenny. They are not even ready to compensate and not accepting their fault. Now they are saying the delivery can be done in aug 15th only. In this Texas Summer i am ending up being not having a washer drier and a refrigerator to have food at home. Extremely bad decision on our part to choose JCPenny over other stores for appliances. NEVER BUY APPLIANCES FROM JCPENNY. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

chelsieb2
8/5/17

My husband and I have had a JCPenney card for many years now. We had a credit line of almost $2,000. We spend a lot of money at JCPenney just this year of 2017 we've already spent over $3,000. Come to find out they lowered are credit limit for no reason. They tried to say that our credit score was too low and that we had some delinquents which is exactly what we had when we applied for this credit card 3 + years ago. And got approved then. They wanted me to resubmit another application to have a credit increase which I think is absolutely ridiculous. Especially because my credit is the same as when I got approved. Especially because I spend thousands of dollars at this store. That's okay we will save money now because I cancelled our card due to the rude management and customer service I received. When somebody's paying their bills and spending thousands of dollars you don't just lower there credit line.

loril74
7/29/17

Paid cash for a $3400 ring and decided to exchange a few days later for a less expensive ring. Long story short JCPENNY screwed up the refund transaction and now my checking account is overdrawn by $850 and I have no money for the entire weekend to feed my kids!!

82 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I believe that there is a policy related to coupons. The clerk did look up your. Credit card. If you had been shopping at a grocery without your coupon it would have been the same. It is nice that at times they have made an exception for you which was good customer service on their part. Perhaps you had a new clerk that was still training or very busy. You should not blame the store for one instance with one employee. You also should not expect special treatment just because someone has bent the rules in the past.

By Shirley M.

Questions? Get answers from the JCPenney staff and other customers.

2 Photos for JCPenney