Review of iPhoneIMEI.net

iPhoneIMEI.net reviews

13 reviews with 3 stars

josuee6
2/9/19

I thought the final price was going to be 30$, but they required an additional payment. They said it was in the print that I had to pay an the full amount, but it was probably in the fine print.

mr166
8/3/18

iPhoneIMEI July 2018

The good - my iPhone 6S is unlocked and working on the Verizon network!
The OK - It took about 10 days to unlock the phone, 7 business days to be fair.
The ugly - while the ads make it look like its $28 to unlock your phone, the fine print tells you that the initial $28 payment is just a fee to enter the queue for the privilege of getting your phone unlocked and cannot be refunded. The actual unlock will take lots more money likely $80 or more.

To be clear, my phone is unlocked and the fine print does spell out the charges but don't expect a bargain unlock here. That said, they do get the job done.

Tip for consumers: Be aware that your total charge for the unlock will be north of $100.

valentinj3
6/12/18

Easy to use , safe and fast.
All that you have to do is to be patient for 2 days , this depends what phone you want to unlock

georges450
6/8/18

Worked as advertised. I'm happy that I could use the phone on my network. I was surprised by the additional charge to complete the process. They should be more upfront about the costs

sonalid5
5/24/18

My phone was successfully unlocked, but it took about 7 days. It seemed it was on purpose so that I would pay extra to push my phone to the top of their priority list.

thomasp247
5/24/18

I belive their policies, although hyped as free or low cost are actually a bait and switch type of consumers being misslead. The first round is 2£ and you cant get a refund, to recoup any value you must continue to pay thru 2 more levels of charges and be besieged by efforts to make you pay more for expedited service. It did ultimately work but the process was very off putting. Do I still get the 3 quid?

adrians101
5/24/18

I have get my Iphone 7 Plus unlocked in 9 days and, so far, it is working perfectly.
However, the price offered to the customer for the service is utterly misleading, as you have to paid first an amount that is shown as the total price for unlocking the phone. But once you have paid for it and once you receive the notification that you have successfully unlocked the phone, you discover that you have only paid for a fraction of it, and that you need to pay like three or four times more for the service to be completed. I feel disappointed with this bit, and I think you should change this marketing gimmick because you are simply turning the good and effective service you are offering into an outrageous deceit.

kelsonw
5/24/18

The service provided by the website seemed like it worked at first, charging me only the listed price and did unlock the phone. However, once I tried putting my sim card into the phone I just paid to have unlocked, it wouldn't accept my sim, for apparently the phone is now believed to be stolen. I had gotten this phone from a friend legitimately when he got an upgrade. It would have been nice if the website had some mention of how this issue could be resolved.

jimd291
5/24/18

Does the job, but is very slow - it's also worth noting that we sent two phones and paid for the faster premium service on one of them - interestingly the both completed at the same time

franka88
11/27/17

What I thought was the purchase of an unlock service for my iPhone turned out to be just a deposit. When I waited for the service time to have my unlock completed, the site mentioned I needed to pay more money to complete the transaction!!!!!

Not transparent at all!

bobd152
10/26/17

Lets first start off by saying I wasnt aware of there being an final fee this was never stated before I started the process. So I made an payment of $28 to unlocked my iPhone 6s from sprint thinking I didnt have to pay nothing after that. It took about a week for them to finally reach back to me saying that I had to pay a final fee of $67, so I was confused not knowing Im supposed to pay an final payment. So I was like ok Ill pay the money but not today when I get paid Ill pay it. About 3-4 days later as I about to pay off the money, the option for that wasnt there anymore, so I contacted them asking what happened, ( Btw theres a deadline ) they told me that theyve stopped doing sprint for a while and when they start things back up theyll contact me. Which they did in about a week and a half of time, so I made sure I didnt hesitate on waiting, so I just hopped on it right away ready to pay it off in one blow, as I was ready to pay it I checked the price again and luckily I did, and it blasted up 153 to so I was here like Im not paying such a high price because a 153 is like almost 200 in the U.S. so I contacted them again causing an riot asking why the price was so damn high, the emailed they sent me back didnt make any sense what so ever, but the end he gave me a link where he shortened the money to 85 so I said ok fine Its better than paying almost $200 and then I paid it ending up to $115 and after that it took em about 4-5 days to actually unlock it. Which I am very satisfied with the unlock at the end, I do recommend you to use this site if you are willing to pay such a high price.

rodneyf15
4/29/17

Thanks for unlocking my phone in a day and a half but the SIM card I bought for it didn't work I had to get one from a major corporation because my Verizon retailer didn't have anymore other SIM cards

frankc111
4/5/17

I installed my SIM card and phone worked fine and 3 days later you sent me notifications that phone was unlocked, not saying that your not a worthwhile service but maybe you can check to see if phone is already unlocked before charging for a service that was already done. I take responsibility for my own part $28.00 lesson

No they don't. They just take your money and not unlocked anything.

By Tagi T.

BULL $#*! !! LIER, LIER.. THEY ARE A SCAM, AND PAYE HIM TO WRITE A GOOD REVIEW !!!

By Jeff H.

nobody, friend

By Jan K.

Its more than the quote given, bait and switch! This company will only unlock your wallet !

By Sean D.

Don't use iphoneimei.net as they are real 100% scammers

By Harisha B.

based on the reviews that I have been reading about iPhoneIMEI.net, they seem like a scam just to let ur money and never do the actual job. They seem to email back once and that's it. Most of the reviews I have read are 1-star reviews and say that this is a scam.

By Zack V.

based on the reviews I have read on plenty of sites, they are a scam, i also have an iPhone that is icloud locked and Im also trying to find somehow to get rid of the icloud lock on this iPhone 6s I have.

By Zack V.

It is a scam they took me for over $100.00 and said my phone was blacklisted and cant be unlock my phone is not in a contact and i bought it new paid cash in full there theifs i was told ne refund

By Chris w.

Questions? Get answers from the iPhoneIMEI.net staff and other customers.

iPhoneIMEI.net?
Consumer Alert

Sitejabber has been notified that this business has offered discounts, coupons or other incentives in exchange for reviews about this business. We wanted you to know because offering incentives has been shown to skew the overall ratings of a business. This behavior contravenes our guidelines as it might have a misleading impact on the rating and consumers.