Review of Humana Ventures

Tel: +1-800-447-9778
mlubitz@humana.com

georgew260
11/26/18

Humana durg plan has become a very poor excuse for a company who could not care less about its customers you talk to there employs you get the feeling they are their only to collect a pay check while doing as little as potable to help there customers . I have been trying to get a copy of a bill for drugs ordered over a month age with no luck after many calls. Its too hard to go to my account find the drug I ordered and hit the send button

theresao34
7/22/18

I got this insurance and canceled , which was no charge and no contract, yet when I cancelled a couple of days after still being billed and no credit. Now having to call my bank on fraudulent charge. Worst company ever!!!

ritas70
3/26/18

i would not place in trust in Humana. I've placed orders in their automated system and they went no where they have no record nor did they ship. these both had refills on them that were current. Also went to refill another perscription, they said it was too soon that I had just received this item last month and that it would be another 30 days before it could be refilled again. I never received the previous month they referred to. I've had problems with their billing and they finally got right and now this.
Cannot work with a company like this. This last round was for my chemo pills so very stressful.
Very poor service

josephr50
5/31/17

ENDANGERING CLIENTS HEALTH CARE - HUMANA (Medicare) Rx Drug Plan - Profits from pain 4/26/2017 1:25 PM

I have had HUMANA as my Drug Rx plan in NY for several years and now in Florida since moving here a year ago. In NY it was determined by 3 specialists, that I am ALLERGIC to preservatives in eyedrops (it caused me severe blepharitis) and then the anti-inflammatory drugs to resolve this caused permanent vision damage to both my eyes. I have to use unpreserved eye drops to avoid vision loss. All the eye doctors I saw notified Human of my sensitivity to preservatives and the need for unpreserved medications (I too am an eye doctor). Humana then authorized the (not on the formulary) drops at a $45.00 copay each purchased months supply (after a yearly first purchase of $125.00).

I called today to get a price on the drops in Florida, as recommended by my physician who thought she might be able to save me money by NOT using my drug plan. I was told by your rep 1-800-281-6918 that all the past reports my doctors filed were of no value. I was told that I had to start the process over and get new doctors to request this exception because it was a new year (each year). You did not promise to make an exception in any case. I was also told the drug is not on your formulary and I would have to pay full price. The Walmart discount prices is $175.84 for a months supply. It sells for over $200 / mo supply. It is illogical (and unethical) to ask me to go through the doctor request process each year. When your representative said I would have to do this I asked to speak to a supervisor since allergies dont go a way. He then played the same trick all "annoyed" providers do and said he would transfer my call to customer services who would help. He promptly disconnected us. (he had my phone number and if he wished to call back he could have).

I am a retired doctor, I understand how you play games by forcing doctors to do unnecessary time consuming paperwork and phone work so that you can stop patients who need exceptions from getting the meds they need and for which they have paid your insurance fees for years. Sure you tell the patients it is their doctors responsibility to contact your service department as if it would take just a moment or two. When I was a practicing doctor, I would have been doing this all day! Doctors are paid poorly enough already and now you add to the injury by making them do unnecessary paperwork or spend time on the phone with your company (which hangs up on them too) which is not possible for them to do today. It is a neat little way of deceiving your patients. You tell them ask your doctors to get an exception and put the blame on the doctor.

Having a formulary that allows you to negotiate for a lower price with a drug company is not a bad idea. However when a patient needs a drug not available on your formulary and when there is no alternative on our formulary, making them jump through hoops to deny services is UNETHICAL. We as patients, all know the stories of suffering senior citizens who live in pain because they cannot afford the medicines they pay their plans for. The medicines they can get from Canada pharmacy cheaper than WITH their drug plans.

As patients, you take our money in premiums with false promises of care and then deny service for greater profits. Nothing could be more unethical other than directly causing injury to your clients by stabbing them with a knife or shooting them. You get away with it indirectly, without putting a knife in them, by denying services. I wonder how this would read on the Internet? I gave you 24 hours to set this straight in writing and then I waited w weeks. On 4/26/2017 I then sent my email to your customer services and received no response. Today is 5/9/2017 If you intended to respond, 2 weeks was clearly enough time. This clearly paints a picture of the ethics behind your services and your concern for your clients. Dr Joseph A Ross

5/30/2017 --- The Human Drug Plan Rip-Off only gets worse.

My eye doctor prescribed a second med for me today. Unpreserved again because I am allergic as documented. This drug was also denied. Now she is going to write to them to see if they can get it approved. Meanwhile the records for several years show (at their company) that I am allergic and that does not change.

Today my wife needs and eyedrop for post surgical care. The drop is called Prednisone. When she went to pick it up today they charged her an $80.00 co-pay. I went online to Canadian pharmacy to see what it would cost without insurance. The price in us dollars is $27.00 and it is the same product from the same company, Allergan. GET THIS STRAIGHT NOW: WITH INSURANCE $80.00 WITHOUT INSURANCE $27.00 .. How ethical is this? I looked at HUMANAs ratings online.

Rating: 1.2 stars out of - 367 votes <== Any wonder why?

rosieogradyr
5/22/17

Past yr 1/2 have been torture as to BILLING problems and Humana either no help in resolving Explaining nor a go between I feel like I spend months working as a 4th party w/ no paycheck. U never get same person w/issues so you have to repeat issue to dozensss reps. I've had multiple bills I wound up paying due to either doc/billing coding errors or doc listed as NOT IN NETWORK when they definitely ARE.. or doc walking in a hospital room & billing as a office visit.. to no avail but u pay it or get sent to COLLECTIONS. The services are not bad yet the cust serv the CONSIDERATION & LACK OF HELP on problems is Huge and a reason I will not keep this useless insurance next year.. THE should change the tag "HUMANA DOESNT CARE" they most definitely just side with the docs & business scamming of health system and lack of any empathy for its customers. I gave it 2 stars not 1 only due to the good of the basic program.. vs horrible cust help & issues that develop.

stephanies159
9/9/16

I have had ups and down with Humana.. But you have them with all insurance companies. I like that I got 50$ gift card just being healthy.. And they have Humana nurse call me!! There is also silver sneakers.. So all and all they are good!!

kims148
3/11/16

This site is very informative. When I need to know what the coverage of certain treatments are such as Botox it has always gave me all the information need.

pauld142
2/3/16

Prompt customer service. Clear communications. They appear to deliver on their Healthcare commitments.

janq2
5/29/15

I order by mail to get 90 dat supplies. I tend to be forgetful and wait until the last minute. I have asked that They call 2 wks. before my rx is due, hahaha, an I give permission to full my order. this has been going on for 3 mos. that is how long O have been using then.

sherryl19
5/4/15

The medicare supplement coverage is good, but watch out, they call you at least 3 times a week and every time the caller doesn't have a record of anybody else calling. I had to block the calls.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Humana Ventures staff and other customers.

Humana Ventures?