UnitedHealthcare reviews

Tel: +1-866-270-5311
will.shanley@uhc.com

megk4
1/18/19

My doctor has been faxing and phoning my medicare part-D drug plan through united healthcare all week in an effort to get my drug's "prior authorization." (Prior authorization is a way the drug company can stall when it comes to paying for expensive drugs.) My doctor has been given the run-around and has gotten nowhere, so I called them, and they lied to me, saying they haven't heard from my doctor AT ALL, and that he must not be trying hard enough. I asked if the woman would testify to that in a court of law, and she laughed at me. This company has no morality, just a strong desire to save money at their clients' expense.

janetc280
1/9/19

UnitedHealthcare Health Insurance review
Attention Women With Breast Cancer...UHC is NOT behind women with Breast Cancer and will fight you every step of the way NOT to pay when you have exhausted every provider they insist you see. I thought our company had excellent coverage and pay a very high price for it for each of us and now to only learn when it comes down to pay for services they will run the other way...Even our insurance broker is at a loss for words as to how I have been treated with my breast cancer...To the point where we have had to file a formal complaint with the Virginia Bureau of Insurance and the Virginia Department of Health!!! UHC will continue to put you through more hell then just the hell of your cancer and treatments you must go through!!! I am fighting with every ounce of energy and life I have left in me for my care and it is falling on deaf ears. UHC only cares about their bottom line and not patient care!!! Additionally, don't even bother with their cancer support program...useless and a total waste of time!!!

michaelaj8
1/29/18

Their helping me work on getting my insurance card cuz they helped me remove a old address and made sure they inly had my address as me as the responsible party in mail I got the handbook I filled out my health assesment they re ordered me a card so i should finally get it in 10 days

iamt1
1/4/18

Do not trust this United Healthcare. They do not care if we suffer. They do not care if we are in pain. They only care if you pay them.

I get migraines sadly a lot. The Rizatriptan pills helps so much that I don't loose work or suffer. Up until this year I could only get 12 pills a month. I could cope with that. But now I can only get 4. Yeah just 4. So suffer very much and be in pain? They have made it very clear that they could care less,.... And oh I have to pay them to do this to me.

They said to contact my doctor to get him to give me more. That makes no sense at all. !2 pills a month is not many, not many at all. So why force the doctor to add more to the 4 limit. They probably will only allow him to give me 5 pills but never 12.

Plus I strongly strongly suspect that the 4 or 5 pills will cost what the 12 before did, about 150.

Do not trust them, they could care less about us. They really only care about us paying them to be mean to us.

Wish there were negative stars available. If my migraines take over my life. I may decide that it's time for pain to end. Thanks United Hate Care ............. United HeathCare. You've made life so bad and you probably laugh all the time.

medd5
10/3/17

Having worked in the medical field for many decades, I have personally dealt with dozens of health care insurance companies and medical plans. United healthcare is the scum-of-the-earth. Poison!! Literally, dealing with UHC is like dealing with organized crime. We're in South Florida, a location in which UHC has more than 20 different lines of insurance. Physicians' offices are fleeing UHC like rats from a sinking ship. The reason: UHC cheats, steals, and conducts themselves in a disgusting manner. Our office, long ago, quit/disenrolled as contracted "providers" with UHC (Reason: We got tired of all of the dishonest conduct. They were absolutely impossible to "work with"). More recently, UHC acquired a "good plan" that we do participate in. Now, in a few short months, this health plan is awful -- doctors, patients, and anyone else that I've spoken to hates it. Example: The surgical practice than I'm in knows all too well exactly how to submit any/all documentation for surgery preapproval/preauthorization -- we now have dozens of claims, for 100% fully preauthorized surgeries, in which (after the surgery) UHC "denies" the claim and does not pay-the-contracted-rate for the bill, and instead requests "documentation" (i.e. the EXACT SAME documentation that had already been submitted before the surgery, in order to get a preauthorization). It's shocking to me that this type of willful, criminal conduct is tolerated and sanctioned. UHC should not be allowed to conduct business in the State of Florida. Their pattern of abusive conduct is nothing short of willful organized crime. (Note: I certainly would have "rated" UHC as "ZERO Stars" but it was necessary to fill-in at least One Star to submit this completely honest and accurate review).

andrewc197
8/28/17

Worst insurance company ever. I called an asked if a hospital was in network for my wife to deliver her baby in. They told me yes they are network. Well my wife had her baby there and we get the bill for over 7,000$ and they said that hospital was out of network. I called multiple times to get it corrected and they still have not adjusted it. This was just the biggest problem I have had with them their are others too. Do not get them.

mollyr24
6/3/17

They're pretty good, I just have one complaint: they waste a lot of paper. Which I get some people may not care, but they really do. They send out the bill, which is fine, but they send it twice. This is about 6 papers all together for each person. Just my opinion.

bettyp30
2/7/17

I don't know of anyone that can beat them the service is good and you get depuy medications no generic

johnk246
12/26/16

Partisapated in 14 day free trial. Didn't receive product till after the 14 days expired, but instead was charged the $89.90 . After numerous attempts to gain my refund. It failed. As soon as the product arrived it was sent back.
My response for anyone else considering this product please be aware you my sucked into losing more than a shipping & handling charge on a "so called 14day free trial."

donnao7
10/17/16

no problems

kimc128
7/25/16

People are awesome, no matter what you need or need to ask them, they are so good to help you anyway they can

williamb179
7/6/16

United Healthcare R X PLANS a ripoff , set up payroll deduction in 3/1/2016 would not deduct payment , called informed all O K , still did not deduct called on 7/6/2016 said they cancelled the policy , held my check for payroll deduction for over a 100 days ! Very Shady Buisiness practices B E W A RE !!!!!!!!!

laurao26
7/5/16

This letter will be copied and placed on the webpages of all companies. My story begins almost a year ago. My husband ( a Duke Internal Medicine pt) was scheduled for a follow up colonoscopy after having multiple polyps found the year before. In the course of the year, my insurance changed and we secured Market place insurance with United Health Care. This was premium insurance, very expensive monthly premiums and a 250.00 deductible. The providers office did a referral, and here is where the water goes murky. Duke, at the time did not take the type of UHC insurance (compass platinum), so an appointment was mad via the providers office with UNC healthcare. My husband called UHC prior to the visit to make sure the paperwork was in order and was told" the procedure was a covered 100%"). He had the procedure, and received a bill. Part of the bill was covered but 2900.00 was not. Upon investigation per UNC, the "referral was for a screening, not diagnostic and needed a new number. The provider office said the referral did not need a number and would look into it. UHC said the referral was not correct as well. After multiple phone calls with all three groups and a lot of finger pointing between companies, the bill was turned over to collections, and UNC will not return phone calls. A customer service rep from Duke has also looked into the situation and told us today, everyone is blaming someone else. Here is the sad thing, all these companies advertise "patients first, patient centered care" etc. The patient should not be responsible for making sure referrals have a correct number, should not be responsible for making sure codes are correct. He did due diligence to make sure prior to the procedure that it was covered.
The final disservice and disrespect to the patient is making them jump through hoops to find out no one is accountable but him. $2900.00 may not be a lot to some, but it is a lot to us. Add the monthly expense of the insurance premiums, for what should be covered and this is shameful.

nandak3
6/6/16

By far the worst customer service experience. I am only giving 1 because there is no zero rating. I was trying to find eligibility for a service and i was put on the call for more than 1 hr, been transferred at least 5 times and even after the end of call i didn't get a satisfactory answer. Never ever again

brennar1
4/25/16

Let me tell u something uhc. Y'all suck. When I got this insurance all y'all did is screw me. Keep telling me I didn't pay for my premium every month. Y'all lie every time I speak to y'all. I should sue y'all for everything. This insurance has caused me stress. Almost lost my baby due to the stress this insurance has put me through. I hate this insurance. I'm not racist but I feel like only Indian people work there and don't know how to do there jobs. I even spoke to the mangers and supervisors and they told me I was good I didn't owe anything but every customer services person say I owe money that's why they keep terminate my insurance. All this insurance did was terminate me after each payment and I had to call and call to get it fixed each time. Now they said they would active my insurance again if I repay the last 3 months plus next month screw that. I'm not paying anymore I'm done with this insurance and if they come back and say I better pay then I'm going to get a lawyer and sue them for everything!!!!

pauld142
2/3/16

Had medical coverage with them for 3 years and no complaints at all. They were quick and easy to deal with, customer service people courteous and went the distance to help. Great service.

janiceh28
1/28/16

I will start by saying one good quality is they pay fast. But...they don't cover shots flu shingle etc. Always have to pay more than co pay at drs offices any extra is not paid. my husband has thru work we pay 230 wk for the insurance which is to high for the coverage. I did have back surgery and they paid 100% after 4000. Prescription svc is ok. But when did ins become drs y do they have the right to tell the dr that knows me sees me, knows what i need and dont need. u spend more money to go thru all the junk they make u go thru then end up having to do what dr ordered to begin with. Dont care if u have drs on staff, u do not know me u r ins a svc i pay for to pay my drs. U should have no say on my treatment or meds. I dont need your recomendations thats my drs job. U should have no say on what is necessary or not necessary you r insurance. When u go to emergency room and attendant tells you they are the worst insurance ever to pay for things doesn't sit well. They know because thats what they do everday chk out ins coverage. No one at my husbands workplace hates this insurance must be cheap for the company they wont change it. We had Atena before this whole lot more coverage for money.

sherryl19
5/4/15

I know it depends on the plan your company buys into, but when I had this coverage it was the best of any I've had and paid more.

ass62
3/30/15

I took out a Medicare advantage plan with United Health Care. Ever since then I've received numerous calls from other health product providers who claim to be calling on behalf of United Health Care.
United Health Care "Partners" with 3rd party companies. Those companies call continuously to 'offer' their products and services.
I contracted with UHC for Health Insurance Coverage, NOT for them to sell my contact information to their affiliates.
I called back one of their affiliates, "HouseCalls" and successfully had my name removed from their call list (they've not called since). HouseCalls representative informed me that I would have to contact UHC customer service in order to have my name removed from lists with other UHC affiliates. However, when I contacted UHC about this, I had to go through 5 representatives (yes, explain the situation to each one), each of whom "...don't handle that issue" or did not understand what I was requesting them to do, before I finally reached a representative who did understand, and took my name and number off of their (I don't recall just what they termed this list) affiliate list. This representative also though to ask if I wanted my name and address removed from their affiliate usps mailing list. Why yes, thank you! as I never would have though to ask about that!
They do not have a direct number to resolve this issue. You have to call the regular customer service number and likely go through several representatives to have your name and number (and address) removed from their affiliate lists.
On the bright side, I did not have to call each affiliate individually, as this one call took care of them all.

Tip for consumers: I normally receive fairly good assistance when contacting UHC customer service about issues related to my healthcare plan. Most of the time, I reach a representative who understands my questions. Usually, however, they do not have the answers and I am transferred to 1,2,3 or more representatives before I receive what I believe is the correct answer and unfortunately, all too often, they each give different answers. Only once was I pleasantly surprised when I called in and the first representa

Questions? Get answers from the UnitedHealthcare staff and other customers.

UnitedHealthcare?