Review of Hoveround

Tel: 1-800-460-5170
info@hoveround.com

karenr395
2/16/19

I was clueless how to obtain a powerchair. I have insurance, but didn't know how to go about obtaining one, so I called Hoveround. They assured me they would file the paperwork with Medicare and my secondary insurance--and they sent me a USED, DIRTY, piece of GARBAGE! The bald tires kept going flat, it was a DISASTER--AND they charged me $2000. TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS, when THEY said they'd bill my insurance for me! They threatened to destroy my credit if I didn't pay it, so I paid it. Then I contacted an excellent wheelchair company, Mobility n' More in Loveland, CO, and had it done correctly. But I was out $2000, and had no way of getting rid of that piece of garbage either. What a NIGHTMARE! Don't have anything to DO with Hoveround!!!

queeniep1
2/15/19

It's too early in the process. I'll do another review when the power chair arrives, I don't have a hundred characters to enter. Like I said I'll do another review when I have more to say.

brendab331
2/14/19

I was very pleased to be able to talk to people so nice and easy to understand. I would highly recommend Hoveround..

williaml461
2/3/19

your rep very helpful,took his time with my questions , and answered them in away i could understand,

thomase132
1/31/19

Had discussion with representative of Hoveround last week and have heard nothing as of today. What is next?

rodgerh19
1/28/19

The experience was fast and positive. The product was delivered ahead of schedule and is was everything we expected. The only problem was not everybody at Hoveround were on the same page. I was taking care of this for my 91 year old mother, everything was taken care of but someone from Hoveround kept sending my mother letters saying that they have been trying to call her but could not reach her and unless they here from her they would not get her a chair. This gave my mom some unnecessary worries and doubts that I had it taken care of.

sabrinag31
1/28/19

My father recieved excellent service from hoveround service representatives. They were very curteous and patient and more than willing to assist me whenever i called. I did not have any problems getting him another chair.

gaill89
1/28/19

I was very happy that the representative called me back when he said he would. I am also pleased that he took care of all the paperwork involved.

susanr416
1/23/19

My issue was taken care of completely and a very timely manner with orderly and polite customer service.

gaylordl3
1/23/19

Just as I get excited that I may be getting a new power wheelchair I receive a call from a representative stating that you refuse to work with my hospital and doctor

trishao7
1/21/19

I spoke with Fred. Very very nice gentlemen. Very patient with me. I was driving at the time of the call he wait with me till I could pull over and get the information he needed.

debbih11
1/21/19

I had an excellent experience with the Hoveround Company. They sent a letter to my Doctor that he filled out. When Medicare approved the purchase they called and delivered within a week. Kris the customer service representative was a jewel. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

timothyc168
1/20/19

The person on the phone very helpful. She set up a appt for me which I will go to. Although I need my Hoveround now, I wish I had it now.

williamk359
1/16/19

I tried to get a power chair for my elderly mother and after 1 month it still looked like it would take 3 weeks. So I asked if I could simply pay for it up front and get reimbursed through Medicare. They told me "NO". I then called Medicare to find out they lied to me. Medicare will reimburse 80% with a doctor's prescription. They are a horrible company to do business with. I ended up getting a better model at half the price.

leslies248
1/15/19

Excellent team. Great experience. Very knowledgeable people. Made me feel confident to use my power chair. Very informative with all the ins and outs of the chair.

maxanne
1/15/19

Hoveround sent an evaluator/rep out to my house within a couple of days and they faxed my Insurance and the very next day, I got my Hoveround.

variet
1/14/19

The man that came out to deliver my machine was very knowledgeable about how to operate and care for it. He explained in layman's terms that I can understand how it worked and demonstrated its capabilities.

donnah313
7/1/18

If I could give no stars I would. When calling for a repair, at 1st they were good about sending a technician. Then the past 3 years their customer service said they would send the parts needed. I said I needed a technician to do the work. They told me that the directions and the tools would be sent to do it. I told them I live by myself. They told me to find someone to do it. I told them I didn't have anyone nearby to do it. They were very rude. So this year I called medicare to find a list of names that deals with medicare and told them what happen with Hoveround. I found someone that was close to me. Got my new chair last week. They sent one of their technicians to evaluate me. And I got the wheelchair of my dreams. Now Hoveround sending me updates for me to get a new chair with them. Like crap I will.

christinem194
3/24/18

Hoveround is a rip off if you buy a refurbished chair.one part after another goes bad.2300$ turned into a4,000$end and more to come. I have 2 -9,00$motors for less then half price..

richardg238
12/3/17

Hav found chair to be fairly dependable. Batteries last about a year. Go to battery store and get Delco or similar. They will warranty for at least a year. There is really not much to these chairs. 2 batteries, 2 drive motors, controller and frame/seat. Have had some luck sourcing parts on Craigslist or eBay. Lot less expensive than list. Like any vehicle they need maintenance and cleaning. Latest issue is flashing controller lights indicating limit switch on drive motor not making when in drive position. Wiring diagrams are nonexistent but will figure out which wires go to limit switch in motor and probably jumper out. Overall have been satisfied with product but company sounds more like a Medicare scam.

marthat25
11/15/17

We were rear ended the middle of August and my power chair and lift recieved all the damage. It took a month to get the money to repair them from insurance. I had to pay $150 for the tech to come out and give the insurance company an estimate on repairs. I ordered the parts over 2 months ago and have been told twice a part is on backorder for the lift. Twice I have been told that ALL the parts had been sent to the tech. They called 3 weeks ago and scheduled a service call and I asked if he had all of the parts and was told he did for the chair and the lift. This morning he calls before he comes and says he doesn't have the parts for the lift! I am so upset with this company!

robertar22
11/14/17

If i could give them less than a one star I would.I purchased at full price a hoveround for my 88 year old mother. Purchased March 3 2017- 2 batteries and now the arm control. Each time a service rep goes out $140. New arm control installed 4 days later chair not working. I also asked at the last service call to have the speed locked on low both forward and backward, only backwards was done. the condescending call rep just kept telling me the service reps don't go out for free, that's it over and over no solution to the problem that the chair isn't working. I asked to speak to someone else and put me on eternal hold. ARGHHHHHHH.

ktk2
11/3/17

I've been trying to get service for a client's wheelchair for the past four months. I had to report the company to the Better Business Bureau...their response to the Better Business Bureau was a blatant lie...stating that they had fixed the chair and quoted the client stating "it worked great". (I had just talked to the client that morning and he has been stuck in his room for the past three weeks because the chair died and they haven't sent a technician out yet....he has to eat in his room, hobble at fall risk to the bathroom, can not socialize, or seek the mental health treatments he needs for suicidal depression, has missed multiple doctors appointments etc.). If you are going to be a company that sells wheelchairs...inherently those who need wheelchairs are a vulnerable population...have some damn ethics and compassion. Completely horrified that this is happening. Each time I call I'm on hold for over an hour before speaking to someone and nothing gets resolved. I spoke to the resolutions department, the HR department, technicians etc. Everyone had a different story. I cant believe how atrocious this is!!!! If you can DO NOT USE HOVEROUND as a provider...if there were negative stars i would put them.

rosea134
10/18/17

I have been waiting for almost 6 weeks for our chair to be fixed. The motor died and I have been waiting and waiting. Worse service ever!

duanew10
10/17/17

They will tell you anything upfront such as you can get a chair at no cost to you if you are on medicare! You tell them first thing you have no money to pay for a chair!! They have you go to a Dr. to have him fill out lots of forms telling why you need a chair! They call and say you are approved for a chair and again I tell them i have no money! They tell me it says I will owe Zero! They send a man out to check out our house to see if a power chair will work even though we have had a Jazzy for 7 years! He looks at our chair and says the seat is shot! wheels are shot, batteries are shot! The Jazzy looks in new condition but he says if he dont put that down we wont get a new chair because medicare will just say to fix the old one! So hoveround has to lie to medicare to get us anew chair! Then they call and tell you your chair can be delivered and you first payments will be like $130 for like 2 months then like $80 for more months and then $30 some for more months! This is where I said JUST FORGET IT! WHY DID I EVER GET INVOLVED? BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME UPFRONT THEY COULD GET US A NEW CHAIR FREE OF CHARGE! MY ADVICE STAY AWAY AND LOOK ELSEWARE!

Well Nancy, Lets say a person goes to the doctor, gets a prescription and goes to pick it up. Unfortunately, the Pharmacist says your insurance provider cannot cover your prescription at the time, yet if you wait, then later you come back after insurance is cleared or you can pay $200 right now to get it, if it is an emergency and hopefully the insurance can reimburse you in due time. Well Hoveround is equal to the Pharmacist! PERIOD!!! It is out of the doctors hands once the order is complete...CORRECT??? The order moves to your facility, and you all have the product to then verify through insurance and call the CONSUMER IF the insurance doesn't go through, the product is on back order, you have to order a different product instead. You NEVER as the product handler give or take away from the order, first with out the customer's consent, 2nd without the doctor's consent...EVER!!! In retail the customer is #1 priority, and should ALWAYS come first!!! I am surprised that you all haven't been a) sued by all of these customers complaining b) reported numerous times to the BBB or the Federal Government or c) shut down for bad customer service or lack there of. I want to say that I was going to try and get my Grandmother a hoveround but I am almost now other wise convinced that she deserves better than that kind of service. You all should be kissing the ground that your customer's walk on, besides aren't they who give YOU (YOUR) paychecks to keep your lights on and feed your babies??? Also, it is fairly obvious to me that NANCY, ANN, ANGELA...ect are on here most likely(as people from the company or mystery shopper/survey takers) making money off of writing good reviews. I hope that you all are happy for set some of these good customers up for sabotage/failure, you name it! So far I have yet to find a positive comment of a person with a picture. Seriously, tires going flat on multiple, not one but, MULTIPLE persons Carts and you all WILL NOT fix them??? If my grandma gets a hoveround on her own and she has on single problem, you all will be hearing from BBB and Lawyers. STOP the mess that you are creating and provide BETTER customer service!!!

Has anyone else in your community or your relatives with had any experience with Hoveround?

By Al M.

mine charge up about same when new I get a shudder feeling if I don't charge my battery`s when chair moves.

By Larry W.

The best answer I have for you is to cancel your order with them and do not accept it if it arrives anyway. Then, go to a local or nearby medical equipment store or pharmacy. By the date of your post, you have probably already taken possession of the Hoveround and have learned what the rest of us did. As for a positive thing about them, at least they have a cup holder, a side bag, and they can get you from point a to b (hopefully).

By Gin P.

I doubt if they are focused on service improvements because the large profit margin is in the initial purchase of the chair, not in doing warranty work or maintenance. Just a thought.

By J H.

Had a similar problem when I needed my batteries changed. Hoveround dispatch sucks big time. Their field servicer are great. When you order the wheels tell them of your situation and INSIST a repairman come out. Might cost for the visit.

By Ernie G.

Questions? Get answers from the Hoveround staff and other customers.

Hoveround?