Hoveround

Hoveround has a consumer rating of 3.51 stars from 389 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Hoveround most frequently mention new chair, customer service and phone call. Hoveround ranks 5th among Mobility Aid sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 67.7%

No positive highlights yet

• POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and I would not recommend your company to anyone ever again.
  • We were rear ended the middle of August and my power chair and lift recieved all the damage.
How would you rate Hoveround?

“Smart, kind people that Took care of me and my dad with quick fulfillment!”

Robert F.
10/11/20

Great people! They have a Well set up process for approval where Hoveround does almost all the work. Gave me answers on how to get my dad's power wheel chair need met quickly. They put him in his very nice chair times faster than than what the local Medical supply house told us would happen. The local place even told me that they expected denial! Oh if only Medicare and the other government programs were as efficient and caring! So happy to have found them! Thank you Hoveround people! Bob F.

“Return policy”

Jeff S.
11/6/20

Read the return policy if you purchase one of these. Since I have bought one I have seen a bunch of these products for sale saying hardly been used, nearly new. You get completely screwed if you want to send it back. A 25% restocking fee will apply to all authorized returns made within 15 calendar days from date of delivery. Customer is responsible for all return shipping costs if order is cancelled or returned. See Cancelled Orders Policy. Return shipping is a bunch of money.

customer service (33) power chair (0)
robertf1440
October 11th, 2020
So happy to have found them!
Thank you Hoveround people!
Bob F.
jeffs1387
November 6th, 2020
ericd371
January 19th, 2020
Alan was ver patient with my grandma. Very kind and professional. He took his time explaining how the chair was operated and charged... also the operators made sure I was informed through every step of the process. They called my grandmas doctors when I couldn't and when the doctor or his team seemed to be taking thier time... thank you to all at hoveraound for making this an easy experience... and for showing you guys care... thank you
annammaa
August 13th, 2020
Person, who attended my call was very helpful. She initiated the appointment with my primary doctor and explained all the procedures that we need to complete in order to obtain a powered wheelchair. Excellent customer service. Really appreciate it.
annea176
August 24th, 2020
I have had a Hoveround for five years. They notified me that it needed to be replaced and then took the lead in making that happen. They not only worked with me, but seamlessly with my physician and my insurance provider. Once approved for, they got my new chair to me in less than a week. In addition, they periodically checked in with me with updates during the process. Could not ask for better customer service.
jaye203
July 8th, 2020
Spoke with Hoover round representative about updating my scooter as it just turned five years. Advise that was to have a Mobility exam done with the doctor. Advise will fax out exam form to doctor for him to fill out. Doctor has not received any paperwork from representative or Hoveround. Just cost me one doctor's visit plus I'll have to pay for another when he gets the paperwork. Trying to contact representative on Monday morning on hold so far 18 minutes
susanw1339
September 21st, 2020
I will have new freedom --when i learn to use this touchy little joy stick. Wish I had the steering capacity of a fullsize scooter but that would be too big for the elevator. The guide book is so well written so complete. I had never thought of how i would get out of this building inaan emergency til the tip in there. Or other safety things. ThANKS Hoverrround.
dorothyh451
September 2nd, 2020
We started this back in March, its now September, still no further then what we were 6 months ago. My husband needs the chair now. Doctor has did everything that Hoveround requested. People seem to be very nice but no one wants to try and speed this along. Very disappointed and tired of waiting.
kandicem9
November 8th, 2020
Up to now, I loved Hover round and their fantastic service. I have been trying to get back with them several times and getting nowhere. Got a notice tat I have a Drs appointment but I
know nothing about it! C'mon Hoverround... Don't break my heart. I need a working, safe chair now. Diabetic wit three big holes in both feet.
daniels1591
July 11th, 2020
Hoveround took very good care of me. They met all my needs immediately. I called them and in just a few days they had my problem solved. I'll never use another company for my electric wheelchair needs.
josephc1400
April 27th, 2020
I was expecting this power wheelchair request process to be involved and lengthy. Instead of months it was only a few weeks before I was notified that my chair was ready to be delivered!
Buster, the delivery, set up and proper wheelchair use instructor, was top notch! He made it easy to understand how to properly get seated, buckled in and maneuver using the joystick controller. Taught me how to park it, dismount, and connect the charger.
I am really enjoying the comfort and freedom my Hoveround chair provides... and it's made in the USA!
garys1247
November 21st, 2020
I'm ready to set up an interview. My doctor has been in quarantine, phone her office. I'd like to learn more.
mildredz7
September 29th, 2020
You act too slowly. I'm sick of waiting. I am a 77 year old female who has been disabled since 1979 and you act like I'm able to walk. I see people who can walk getting these chairs with no problem so why am I being denied.
jackc759
November 2nd, 2020
I like my Basic Hoveround Chair, but next time around, I want one with a few options. I wish they all came with the swivel seat and cup holder. For us older people, that is very important. Most of us live on a fixed income and to spend out of our pocket for these little extras means we have to do with out something else. I do not what to sound cheap or want something for nothing but I do not know how else to put it. I am truly grateful for what you have given me because I can now get around without asking other people for help. This is just my opinion.
theodorez11
November 2nd, 2020
Everything so far is moving forward in a timely fashion. Hopefully the final outcome is in my favor. Thanks again for your help. We'll see what happens when the. Doctor fills out the appropriate paperwork.
johnh3103
February 2nd, 2020
Took shorter than the 8 - 10 weeks indicated for approval.
Came to home and ensured I knew how to use and my wife too.
Thorough demonstration.
mabelf9
March 1st, 2020
My old Hoveround power wheelchair was old and breaking down too often. I qualified for a new chair. The customer service handled getting me an appointment with my doctor, the paperwork and Medicare. When the chair was delivered, the technician adjusted the new chair and even showed me how to use the new attachable wheelchair legs so I can raise my feet. The only thing was all the paperwork my Doctor had to fill out I felt bad for his administration team.
dianaf286
August 30th, 2020
We started this journey in June to get my husband a Hoveround. So far we've hit a standstill... again. It seems my doctor can't seem to get the questions and information correct to the Hoveround people. I'm stuck in the middle between them and my Doctor! I think the two of them could talk and get it right! I have to say the Hoveround people are very nice when I talk to them.
timothyc576
November 4th, 2020
Everything about this company I love! Front to back. One thing that bothers me is that a gal from Florida called me about 3 days before delivery and told me my copayment was going to be around 620 dollars or so. And then I got a call a day or 2 later from someone for my actual payment and it was 841 dollars! When I questioned the 200 dollar bump she said she didn't know what to tell me. It's 841. If the first caller told me 841 I would have just lived with it but I am only human. And on a fixed income 200 dollars I wasn't expecting is a lot
lindaw1369
October 5th, 2020
From start to finish the Hoveround Company goes out of their way to make sure you get the mobility chair that you need. Fast and efficient! I definitely recommend them.
altonr17
May 2nd, 2020
Hoveround seems to be living up to there word. I got through the interview with the doctor and it seemed to go in my favor. Big questions is medicare approval and I am low income and how soon that paperwork is completed to qualify me for payment on the 20% I can not afford. I will reserve my final say then.
deborahh714
August 4th, 2020
I had an excellent experience with Hoveround. Their representatives were very helpful, on the phone and at home. I received my Hoveround in a timely manner and was not rushed by the Tech who delivered it. He was extremely patient and thorough with his presentation. My Hoveround has made a wonderful world of difference in my life!
melissam888
February 4th, 2020
I have submitted report after report to Hover-run-around with no success. My primary care doctor does not do the mobility exams so she sent me to a physical therapist for that testing. Your reps wouldn't accept that, and kept saying that a physical therapy evaluation wasn't acceptable, regardless of how I tried to explain that it was the mobility exam. I contacted another supplier today, and they have already made more progress. They are already contacting my insurance for coverage details.
craige164
September 1st, 2020
Very good service over all very good people and very good service thanks very good customer service
robertd1610
July 23rd, 2020
It's very handy when I need to get around. Helps me get things done around the house. I'm just loving it.

Well nancy, lets say a person goes to the doctor, gets a prescription and goes to pick it up. unfortunately, the pharmacist says your insurance provider cannot cover your prescription at the time, yet if you wait, then later you come back after insurance is cleared or you can pay $200 right now to get it, if it is an emergency and hopefully the insurance can reimburse you in due time. well hoveround is equal to the pharmacist! period! it is out of the doctors hands once the order is complete... correct? the order moves to your facility, and you all have the product to then verify through insurance and call the consumer if the insurance doesn't go through, the product is on back order, you have to order a different product instead. you never as the product handler give or take away from the order, first with out the customer's consent, 2nd without the doctor's consent... ever! in retail the customer is #1 priority, and should always come first! i am surprised that you all haven't been a) sued by all of these customers complaining b) reported numerous times to the bbb or the federal government or c) shut down for bad customer service or lack there of. i want to say that i was going to try and get my grandmother a hoveround but i am almost now other wise convinced that she deserves better than that kind of service. you all should be kissing the ground that your customer's walk on, besides aren't they who give you (your) paychecks to keep your lights on and feed your babies? also, it is fairly obvious to me that nancy, ann, angela... ect are on here most likely(as people from the company or mystery shopper/survey takers) making money off of writing good reviews. i hope that you all are happy for set some of these good customers up for sabotage/failure, you name it! so far i have yet to find a positive comment of a person with a picture. seriously, tires going flat on multiple, not one but, multiple persons carts and you all will not fix them? if my grandma gets a hoveround on her own and she has on single problem, you all will be hearing from bbb and lawyers. stop the mess that you are creating and provide better customer service!

Some seem to be getting the equipment supplier mixed up with Medicare. Medicare has theirs own agenda (deny! Deny! Deny!), like most insurance co. Who don't want to pay out. Power wheelchair and scooter companies just do what they can. If a doctor prescribes and Medicare accepts/denies, its not the companies' fault. The doctor is valued to do his duty the best he can and Medicare supposed to do right by the benefiticary. I don't know. Seems a lot of blame is possible, not just with one side of it.

By Nancy L.
See more answers (7)

Mine charge up about same when new I get a shudder feeling if I don't charge my battery`s when chair moves.

By Larry W.
See more answers (2)

The best answer I have for you is to cancel your order with them and do not accept it if it arrives anyway. Then, go to a local or nearby medical equipment store or pharmacy. By the date of your post, you have probably already taken possession of the Hoveround and have learned what the rest of us did. As for a positive thing about them, at least they have a cup holder, a side bag, and they can get you from point a to b (hopefully).

By Gin P.
See more answers (2)

I doubt if they are focused on service improvements because the large profit margin is in the initial purchase of the chair, not in doing warranty work or maintenance. Just a thought.

By J H.
See more answers (2)

Yes, if doctor can prove medically necessary. Doctor must make file notes to support and you must have an office visit that only addresses the need for your chair.

By Rhonda S.

In my experience, they are fully charged when arrive. You must let battery run down to a couple of yellow bars before charging about the first 12 times to help with battery life.

By Rhonda S.

Had a similar problem when I needed my batteries changed. Hoveround dispatch sucks big time. Their field servicer are great. When you order the wheels tell them of your situation and INSIST a repairman come out. Might cost for the visit.

By Ernie G.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Hoveround staff and other customers.

Hoveround specializes in manufacturing and distribution high-quality power wheelchairs, scooters, vehicle lifts, ramps, accessories and other products that aid personal mobility. Hoveround accepts Medicare and most private insurance.

Business History

It started with a vision... and Hoveround president and founder Tom Kruse has seen this vision come to life. Hoveround power chairs can easily maneuver in the tight spaces other power chairs and scooters just can’t, allowing users the freedom to live independently and stay in their homes.

After 25 years, Hoveround Corporation has become the largest direct-to-consumer manufacturer of the most maneuverable, reliable, and compact power chairs available in the United States. The company’s mission — to improve the quality of life for people with restricted mobility — continues unchanged to this day.

Hoveround’s continued success stems from what Kruse calls our “Model of Total Responsibility"
- We are 100% accountable for the quality and reliability of our products
- We control the manufacture, design, delivery, and service of all Hoveround power chairs
- We focus our complete attention on serving the mobility needs of our clients
- We are committed to providing state-of-the-art innovations and best-in-class service
- We are never satisfied and continually research new and better ways to enhance the quality of life of our clients so that they may have the means to fuller, richer experiences through improved mobility

kareng57
Brenda G.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoveround?

Have a question about Hoveround?