Review of Hoveround

Tel: 1-800-460-5170
info@hoveround.com

fayeb46
8/24/19

The first hoveround I got was a simple wonderful experience. Since my chair burned up in a housefire where I lost EVERYTHING and no insurance I never contacted them about a new chair but they contacted me. They wanted a down payment which being on a limited budget, I could not afford and told them so. Each time I continue to ask them why they kept contacting me. Well once again they have contacted me so we shall see!

hermant18
8/23/19

Sales person was thorough and explained everything very clearly. He went step by step and made sure I knew how to operate the equipment safely.

tinab324
8/23/19

Keep up the good customer service and share your information about electric chairs to the elderly and people that are disabled thank you

brendaw281
8/22/19

I have not talked to anyone for 2 weeks about my chair. Would someone please contact me. They are in the process of putting
my ramp now.

shirleyh204
8/21/19

Thank you all so much! I am so thankful and happy for my lease on life. I'm now able to get outdoors and see the beautiful world that surrounds me. I'm able to move about unassisted in my home too. What a great blessing I have. The chair is remarkable and very comfortable. A big THANK YOU to everyone at Hoveround. The gentleman that came to my home was the nicest person that has every helped me since I have been disabled from 2002. It makes all the difference in the world to have a caring person help you. Thank you all again from my heart.

suef106
8/21/19

WAS TOLD MY PRIMARY CARE DR WAS NEEDED TO CERTIFY REQUEST. SHE SAID SHE COULD NOT DO SO AND THAT A SPECIALIST WOULD HAVE TO CERTIFY. AS OF NOW I AM NOT BEING SEEN BY A SPECIALIST FOR MY LEGS & MOBILITY. THIS CONDITION HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MANY YEARS AS DOCUMENTED WHEN WE RECEIVED THE ORIGINAL POWER CHAIR. PLEASE ADVISE

mikes1817
8/12/19

I had my Dr. Apt. Set for two and a half weeks and still I got call after call from your company about making the Dr. Apt. to have the mobility exam even though your Rep was on the phone when the Dr. Apt. was made !!!! Your company has also been NO HELP with getting batteries for my old chair, I have tried for two months to get them so I don't run out of power going to the store before I get the new chair. When the Doctor sent the prescription for the batteries You called to tell me I needed the mobility exam again both times the prescriptions for the batteries were sent and still I have No Batteries. This company was Great before, this is my fourth chair, what is going on now !!! I don't know what has changed to make this so confusing but I wish you would fix the problem a become the you were before.
Your Very Disappointed Customer - Mike

sletheaj
8/10/19

excellence, I really enjoy working with the customer care team I feel they really want me to have it and really care

catherineh270
8/9/19

I find it very easy process I went to my Dr for evaluation to replace my 10 year old power chair I guess now I just wait

shirleyb235
8/9/19

I really like the gentleman who delivered
my Hoveround Chair. He explained everything to me...please vi e bima 5 ratings as well. Thank you,
Shirley Busby

bettym233
8/9/19

I know Hoveround is the best there is.However I never heard back from them after the initial promising start.They said they would get back to me after they contacted my doctor.I have never heard back

cheris66
8/9/19

My father has been a hoveround user for years. He has had many bad experiences in the past with his chair and always gave the benefit of the doubt. He has been left without a chair for weeks at our expense paying for someone to be with him since he had no way of getting around his apartment. I had to rent a chair for weeks which was another cost. He was thrown out of his chair when it abruptly stopped in the hallway of his apartment and the police had to be called because my father is wheelchair bound and could not get up. I had to take him to the doctors because from the fall his arm and shoulder were hurt. He had to wait for it to be serviced and again another excuse why this happened. Now his chair is doing the same thing by stopping abruptly and I had called to find out about servicing the chair. I was told he qualified for a new chair only to find out that after his doctor appointment and paperwork done (another cost), you are not contracted with his insurance company any longer. That is really nice, when why was he not notified of that before he needed a chair. Now, we need to go through the whole process of finding another company to get a chair. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and I would not recommend your company to anyone ever again. I have gone through so much with my father and this chair its ridiculous. An 86 year old man should not need to go through and worry about.

douglass214
8/4/19

Everything went well, however i was not informed of the next steps post Doctor's visit, which has occurred. Neither the Doctor nor I are sure of what to do next.

greggn8
8/3/19

Good experience very knowledgeable operator hope everything goes according to planAnd I receive my new harbor around in a timely manner

belindar43
8/1/19

I'm very happy to have this Hoveround. It has given me a great sense of freedom. The serviceman Mr. Thoung was very professional and nice. Thank you so much!!

mikef456
7/31/19

Went well. Good job by the representative. We had a three-way conversation with the doctors office and got an appointment set up.

paulam390
7/29/19

Very supportive and helpful staff. Quality product. Easy to understand instruction and helpful to explain any questions. I am very proud of my new chair and appreciate it very much...I value my independence. Thank you.

barbarab699
7/28/19

not happy with the power chair don't like the design the
way the back is sticking out make it hard to turn in the house or doctors office
also it a problem charging it at nite every time also there no head rest think about returning it

butchp4
7/27/19

The chair is good a bit pricey but works good when running, I called customer service because my wheels locked up I was told a repair person would contact me when insurance approves, I waited a month and no replyI called and they told me that still waiting for insurance company to approve new tires! Wait a minute I told them that's not the problem ! he transferred me to tech support I explained again my problem . the tech said it needed new motors, I asked why they don't come out and look or take chair to find out the problem? They ststed they don't do that they send repair person to your home and fix it there, Anyways had to get another approval for motorsanother month and a half I called again this time I called my insurance company and was told they received approval I talked to customer service who stated that insurance only gave partial approval I asked what that meant and of course transfer to tech support they told me there was no approval yet I told him my insurance company and customer service said it was approved I asked to speak to supervisor and was told they might email me back now what still no chair repair!!!!!

Response from Brenda G., Hoveround Representative
Butch P., we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Please contact customer care at 941-800-2438. thank you.
glendah48
7/26/19

Trying to get everything done so i can have help getting around. Still waiting. Everyone is dragging their feet.

judya130
7/24/19

I had someone to call me from hoveround because I had inquired about it a team set me up appointment with my doctor did face too face appointment with my doctor and nobody from your team has contacted me back I did what I was supposed to on my end but y'all have never fallen back up that was over a week ago the way you go Saturday how long does it take I need the chair now

raulf21
7/23/19

I received my hoveround scooter in 2005 and it's the best. They replaced wheels & batteries when needed. I'm very happy with it and the people that helped me, and I'm hopefully getting a new one soon.

brendal210
7/22/19

Praying it all goes thru and I fully qualify. Thankyou!! The pain I feel in legs get worse as I walk. Long periods of standing also get my ankles to swell. This mobility device helps many. I believe it will help me too. Thankyou!!

roberth1280
7/21/19

The entire experience with Hoveround was exceptional. They did most of the work regarding health insurance and the paperwork my doctor needed.. Two days after my insurance told me I was approved I had my Hoveround MPV5. WOW!

janicep92
7/15/19

The customer service representative was very informative n her knowlege was very understanding well i could comorehend her answeres when i asked her questions.

Well Nancy, Lets say a person goes to the doctor, gets a prescription and goes to pick it up. Unfortunately, the Pharmacist says your insurance provider cannot cover your prescription at the time, yet if you wait, then later you come back after insurance is cleared or you can pay $200 right now to get it, if it is an emergency and hopefully the insurance can reimburse you in due time. Well Hoveround is equal to the Pharmacist! PERIOD!!! It is out of the doctors hands once the order is complete...CORRECT??? The order moves to your facility, and you all have the product to then verify through insurance and call the CONSUMER IF the insurance doesn't go through, the product is on back order, you have to order a different product instead. You NEVER as the product handler give or take away from the order, first with out the customer's consent, 2nd without the doctor's consent...EVER!!! In retail the customer is #1 priority, and should ALWAYS come first!!! I am surprised that you all haven't been a) sued by all of these customers complaining b) reported numerous times to the BBB or the Federal Government or c) shut down for bad customer service or lack there of. I want to say that I was going to try and get my Grandmother a hoveround but I am almost now other wise convinced that she deserves better than that kind of service. You all should be kissing the ground that your customer's walk on, besides aren't they who give YOU (YOUR) paychecks to keep your lights on and feed your babies??? Also, it is fairly obvious to me that NANCY, ANN, ANGELA...ect are on here most likely(as people from the company or mystery shopper/survey takers) making money off of writing good reviews. I hope that you all are happy for set some of these good customers up for sabotage/failure, you name it! So far I have yet to find a positive comment of a person with a picture. Seriously, tires going flat on multiple, not one but, MULTIPLE persons Carts and you all WILL NOT fix them??? If my grandma gets a hoveround on her own and she has on single problem, you all will be hearing from BBB and Lawyers. STOP the mess that you are creating and provide BETTER customer service!!!

Has anyone else in your community or your relatives with had any experience with Hoveround?

By Al M.

mine charge up about same when new I get a shudder feeling if I don't charge my battery`s when chair moves.

By Larry W.

The best answer I have for you is to cancel your order with them and do not accept it if it arrives anyway. Then, go to a local or nearby medical equipment store or pharmacy. By the date of your post, you have probably already taken possession of the Hoveround and have learned what the rest of us did. As for a positive thing about them, at least they have a cup holder, a side bag, and they can get you from point a to b (hopefully).

By Gin P.

I doubt if they are focused on service improvements because the large profit margin is in the initial purchase of the chair, not in doing warranty work or maintenance. Just a thought.

By J H.

Had a similar problem when I needed my batteries changed. Hoveround dispatch sucks big time. Their field servicer are great. When you order the wheels tell them of your situation and INSIST a repairman come out. Might cost for the visit.

By Ernie G.

Questions? Get answers from the Hoveround staff and other customers.

Hoveround?