Review of Haband

Tel: 1-800-742-2263
service@haband.net

deborahr314
3/15/19

I have bought many many clothing items for my husband at Haband with few issues until now. One of the many flannel shirts I have bought came out of the wash with the yoke torn completely into from the back. I called to see who i needed to send it back to. Bottom line it was ordered more than 90 days ago so they won't make it right. Just a warning to other shoppers.

frankb342
3/12/19

I have bought their Active Joe elastic waist lounge pants for 6+ years. Good enough quality for the low price. Recently pulled a new pair out of my drawer (nearly 3 years after purchase) to find that it had no zipper fly...just sown shut where there should have, and always has been a zipper. They refused to give me a refund or exchange because of their 90 day returns policy. Unworn, defective product should always be exchangeable!

robbier26
2/26/19

The quality seem to have went down. Ordered some fleece jackets and one has the zipper on the right which is what I like and the other the zipper is on the left which I don't like. I have had this happen in the past so I probably won't be ordering any thing else.

maggies93
2/26/19

I had ordered and returned items over the course of a year without any major problems. But in January 2018, I ordered a set of pajamas which I never received. No emails as to backorder, no longer in-stock - nothing. When I checked the status of the order after 30 days of waiting, I discovered that the order had been 'returned.' How could I return something I never received? In retrospect, there was another order earlier on where I had to talk to someone at Haband, and it was difficult to understand as the person who, although was courteous, was hard to understand. Overall, I can do better elsewhere.

karent419
1/25/19

First of all I ordered 2 shirts before Christmas. They eventually got to me quite a bit later than I was told. They were on sale and my bill was $32.97 (with shipping). The size was too small so I returned them with the $9.99 label. Now my bill was $42.00. And, then I saw on the statement my total bill was over $52.00. When I inquired as to why? They said the total "value" of the shirts was higher. So, in fact they were not giving me the discount, they just added it to the bill. This is a rip-off company. What kind of 100% satisfaction is this to their customers?

celester14
1/22/19

Several times I have ordered items from this company that they claim are on back order but show that they are in stock. Finally after a long wait and only when I contact them, they advise that the item has been discontinued. We have ordered so many things from them in the past, but have requested removal from their mailing list and will not order anything from them again. They are just not trustworthy.

gab5
1/18/19

My mom gets this catalog. She saw a man''s jacket that she liked. I wanted to get it as a surprise for her. I attempted to order by phone, using her customer ID number (since I have never ordered anything from this company in my name and therefore had no ID number) but I was paying with my debit card. I was told by the clerk that she couldn't process my order until she talked to my mom. This would have eliminated the element of surprise. Needless to say, I ordered nothing.

veronicak29
1/9/19

Good quality products, good value. Plays dirty tricks with ordering: e.g. ad showed "2 @ $19.99 each". Placed first item (so far so good); chose a second unit of different color of same item number. Wasn't till after processing the sale and I saw the receipt that the second unit that I ordered was processed as a different item number altogether. So they were each processed at the "original" prices. When I called to get the order adjusted, or a credit for the difference per the advertised price, they couldn't do anything because they said they had shipped (!). I was willing to reorder them at the $19.99 - as he said they now had 'all colors', but he couldn't say that I could get credit on the returned (first two) items. Very unreasonable and authoritarian. Told them haven't experienced such dealings since Sears in 1969. So -- DOUBLE CHECK YOUR ORDER BEFORE, DURING AND RIGHT AFTER YOU MAKE IT.

sherric60
1/8/19

"My mother in law purchased 4 leather jackets that in the website image showed a decent looking jacket with many blurred lines on the jacket. What showed up explained the blurred out lines, all the blurriness was due to the jacket being made with at least 100 small patches of leftover cheap leather scrapes that had been spray painted an awful color to all match.

When we called to have it sent back (which we didn't want my mother-in-law to be made aware of), they said we could exchange only for a different size and there would be a $9 fee for each jacket, in addition, you pay shipping. Why would any want their garbage is beyond me. What a waste of my eldery mother-in-laws $200. "

jewele5
12/31/18

.I want you to be aware of Haband. Some of you may have experienced the same problem that I'm having with them. I made a purchased from them for a small amount of money in the sixties of dollars. They will send a statement with a minimum payment of $20 per month. That will come to about 3 payments in all. Every time I get down to the second or last payment. They will add the full balance back to the account that it started out with trying to make you keep on paying them.

They did this to me twice before and this was for 2 spreads that I ordered from them in the amount of $29.99 that was on sale. They sent me a bill after making a payment of $20 for $63 and I never reached this amount. They are still doing the same thing. Those sweetheart's have a problem and they have a serious sweet problem. Now, I want my sweetheart's to prove it to the public that I owe them some money.

They keep harassing me for money and they won't leave well enough alone. I asked them to close my account because they keep adding charges to it. I send my payments off on the 3rd of each month. They got angry with me because I asked them to close it and they continues to harass me. I kept, trying to look over them with their stupidness but now, they have my full undivided attention. And the first thing I can say is that sweetheart's doesn't know how to do business in the first place. They are too sweet on one another.

When I made them closed my account after, slobbing all over it. They turned it over to credit bureau and they are the one's that's wrong. But I have a special message for you sweetheart's. You can hate it, you can like it, you can love it and you can shove it. It's one thing that I do for money suckers like you. I keep records of all my tranactions of whom I do business with. I want you to prove it to me or anybody else that I owe you any money and if you can prove it. I don't mind paying it because I am a person that believe in paying for what I owe. But if you can't prove it. Please be my sweetheart on valentine's day.

If you are thirsty for more please let me know ya filthy animals.

patrickw61
12/17/18

This company is good at deceiving its customers by inviting them to become a "member" of the VIP PLUS program to get an additional discount. I ordered once from them. The product's were OK, but cheap (as was the price) Then they starting charging my credit card $14.97 per month. It is almost impossible to cancel this, and their customer service reps are somewhere in Asia. I had to cancel my credit card to stop them. STAY AWAY from this SCAM company !!

sueb242
12/17/18

First order will be my last with this company. Foreign customer service and they don't live up to their website promises. One to two day shipping on available items but after 9 days my order still hasn't shipped. And of course it is too late to cancel - why? It hasn't gone anywhere. Terrible service.

carlk78
12/8/18

I bought a winter coat that tore and wanted an exchange---I was told I had to return first and then the would ship a new in about 8 days---I would have to be with out a coat for 2 weeks in the winter--he suggested I buy a new one--then return old when new--I said ok--the next day I changed my mind and call to cancel-Was told I could not cancel-would have to wait 8days to get it and would take two weeks to get money back-I ask to speak to a manger and was hung up on 3 times--finely a manger called and said could cancel even though it had not shipped---called my bank stopped payment and disputed first payment--got my money back--now I have to pay to ship back--the cost thought a lesson--NEVER BUY FROM OR ANY OF THEIR AFFILATES

juanac9
11/20/18

This place is horrible. I will never buy from them again. The charge you a restocking fee before they even refund you for the items returned. The customer service is very difficult
to understand and all they say is "I'm sorry" like that's going to return your money. I urge people not to buy from this company. it's all bad quality too.

joshg125
11/8/18

I ordered two pair of pants both different styles neither fit waited to return only to find out they wouldn't return them or exchange them for a larger size. WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN

Tip for consumers: Your better off buying from a thrift store

anthonyl211
10/31/18

Cant say any worse about this company.you order from amazon their 2 day delivery takes 2 days, walmarts 2day delivery you get it in 2 days. Paid $10.00 for 3 day delivery Horable 3 day delivery takes 10 days.customer service is terrible.I can't even tate the cloths I haven't seen them. 1 item said available in the book.at time on shipment it was unavailable. Now in a hurricane expect delivery in the next 2 months..my suggestion is don't waste your time and money.

kennethm235
10/8/18

I am 89 years old and have never had a problem with a company like Haband. I filled out a order of 7 items from their Fall 2018 catalog, charged it to my Discover Card. Sent several e-mails asking when order will be shipped, no good answer, they don't seem to understand English. I will soon receive my Discover Card, if this 7 item order charge not received is on this bill I will file a complaint with Discover Card.
Ken Massie, Ohio

maryj561
9/10/18

Haband is part of a catalog/online group of clothing retailers that includes Blair, Old Pueblo Traders, and Bedford Fair. Look for petite sizing at these other sellers. Haband sells some petite bottoms, but now only their Snap-It-Up jacket is sold in petite. The jacket is of good quality and price, and I recommend it with one caveat sometimes these are prone to pilling.
As stated in my title, some pieces are better quality than others, but you can't tell until you get them. Fit, too, can vary, and it is helpful if you post a review of your purchase. It is more helpful if you explain why you like or dislike a product. Please give your height and weight so readers can gauge your fit to their probable fit.
For instance, I'm writing this review because Haband's SML sizing is larger than other SML sizing. I'm used to M = sizes 8-10, but Haband's M = sizes 10-12. The tops fit, but they're a little roomier than I prefer. I want my bottoms to fit tighter, so I usually buy them from a store such as Penneys. Haband offers fly-front pants and jeans in sizes 8-20, but the majority of their bottoms have an elastic waist and only come in SML. My size in bottoms is a tossup so I have not bought any yet. Haband offers discounts on buying two of a style on many items. So the prices can be even better, once you KNOW how an item will fit.
That brings me to my last item - shipping costs and methods, and returns. Standard shipping is USPS (Postal Service). Under $20 you pay $5.99; from $20.01 to $40 you pay $8.99, and so on. Recently Haband had Free Shipping, so I upgraded to 3-5 day shipping for $6. Without free shipping this would have cost me a total of $14.99. Additionally, 3-5 day shipping was delivered by UPS. I cannot guarantee UPS would deliver your package as sometimes UPS transfers packages to USPS for final delivery. The return process is easy. Just buy a shipping envelope and stick on the pre-paid label. Put the shipping list with instructions for return or exchange inside with the clothing and mail it. I used to help my mother with returns/exchanges, and I think exchanges were free. However, the cost of returning an item is deducted from the cost of the item. If you paid $24.99 and the return cost is $8.99 you only get back $16. From my point of view I would be paying $17.98 to have tried on the item. This is the original shipping cost plus the return shipping cost. Now you get why I prefer to buy at a local store, especially when fit is important. This happened to me years ago when I bought a coat in small and it was way too big. There was no smaller size so a return was the only option, and it still ticks me off to this day.

haroldl73
8/24/18

Going on 4 weeks now and all I hear is order is bring processed and should arrive in 6/8 days. The joke is the ad you hear while waiting for agent is they offer 2/3 day priority shipping. I guess that means that once they decide to ship it's 2-3 days. This is a third class company

susanm729
7/20/18

I called immediately, I didn't get one item I paid for, I got something I didn't order The person on the phone was not very helpful.
I returned 2 items, I changed my mind, and one the item I didn't order, with a letter on 6/16/2018. Still no response on 7/20/2018. I disputed the amount of refund due on my credit card.

kimw304
7/7/18

I ordered 4 pants, 6 shirts and few other items. Returned 4 pants, 3 shirts and 1 other item wanted to exchange clothing. Got 3 pants back and $12 refund the other item was $14.95 and website said I got everything. Fight begins

anitas111
6/25/18

This is hands down the worst customer service ever. They keep charging my mother's account late fees on merchandise that has been returned. After 3 hours of trying to talk to a live person, I was told that I had to put my deceased mother on the phone because that's the only way they can make any changes to the account. When I asked to speak to a supervisor because putting her on the phone would require a miracle, I was left on hold for over an hour. These people are unbelievable and should be run out of town.

joannk19
4/11/18

I purchased the Roll Sleeve Empire Dress Coral Size L A online. I rec'd the dress and it's huge. I washed it in hot water hoping it would shrink. It didn't. I should of got a size small, which I never wear. So, now I have a dress that I washed and can't wear. Very disappointed.

nicolab7
12/11/17

I made an order. Quick speedy service. I would highly recommend Haband.
Quality is exceptional. Quick checking out and quick delivery at reasonable prices.

raym1044
12/5/17

Very pleased with Haband...a few times the sizes on cargo pants were too long but I did not return...wife hemmed

Standard Shipping is USPS (postal service). The shipping cost is based on the amount of your purchase: $5.99 for a purchase under $20, up to $16.99 for over $100. Express Shipping is UPS ground and costs an additional $6. If your order is under $20, Express shipping will cost you $11.99 total.

By Mary J.

Questions? Get answers from the Haband staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Haband