Review of Graze

36 w 25th St Fl 16
New York, NJ 10010, US
hi@graze.com
2018 Customer choice award
Try your first box FREE by joining graze now!

johnc2098
4/17/19

Nothing for free. Charges immediately upon selecting a sample box you never get, just get this 8 pack for $14.99 which is horrible and mostly unhealthy. Supposed to be high in protein but 6 of the 8 don't even give 60 g Protein per 2K calories. Scam. Horrible. hate them.

Response from Kristina N., Graze Representative
Hi John, we're sorry to hear that you received a charge before your sampler box reached you. As graze is a subscription service, it means that anyone who redeems our introductory sampler box offer also sets up a recurring order. The fact that you are signing up for a recurring order is shown throughout the signup process. Our customer service team would really like to look into your missing box for you - please can you send an email to them at hi@graze.com?
abduls44
4/16/19

I love the site, always rewards available making the prices fairly decent, however you're paying for convenient healthy snacks, really great site and i frequently order from it, with the choice of reoccurring boxes or single purchases whenever you want, ideal!

Response from Kristina N., Graze Representative
Thanks Abdul! We're so glad that you're enjoying our snacks :)
derekj48
4/4/19

Love the variety of healthy snacks!!! Great for snacking at home, taking to work, and sending with my little bro to school

Response from Kristina N., Graze Representative
Thanks Derek, it's great to hear you're loving grazing with us :)
ruthh149
4/3/19

I was very excited when I found this company. I love entrepreneurial businesses. The draw of this product is home delivery, portion control, convenience and some unique and healthy snack options. The products come in 6-8 single serving packs. I took advantage of an introductory offer and got 4 of the top selling snacks. I was sold on the convenience of the single seve package that I could grab and throw in my gym bag, the high protein content of the snacks and the unique flavors. I planned to subscribe for monthly delivery and spent a good bit of time filling out my customer profile. I was even going to send a couple of gift subscriptions to friends. Before officially subscribing I decided to redeem some half price offers provided to me after my first order so that I could test drive the shipping speed as well as taste a few additional snack options. It took 8 days for the second order to arrive and unfortunately part of my order was excluded. Of the items received only one was what I ordered. Two of the items actually included things that I had identified in my profile to be excluded from my orders. I contacted CS and on my second attempt I received a response. I was told that I got what I ordered, that the items pictured in the bundles I ordered were different than what I "really" ordered and that they had a disclaimer that said they teserve the right to substitute. I responded that I understand substitutions but they were items listed as unwanted in my profile. The CSR noted that they didn't use the profile for non subscription orders. I replied asking why they posted pictures of things that weren't included in the bundles I was ordering and if they are substituting they should make the effort to look at my profile. She repeated what she had stated in her first response but added as a gesture of good faith they would reimburse me for the item that I paid for and didn't receive even a substitution for. Good faith? Isn't that just fair? Since discovering the company I have also seen their items at the grocery, some even on the clearance shelf. They have a few good products but of the eight I have now tried, five are underwhelming. With the monthly subscription you get about 8-10 oz of food for $14 and they use far too much packaging. I can go to Whole Foods and create my own organic snack mixes for $8-10 a pound (16 oz) and I am not left with a bin full of cellophane and paper packaging. If you buy the bundles like I did you run the risk of getting things you didn't order. I wouldn't dare take a chance on a subscription because they probably push the items that are less popular. I think the concept has potential because many of the snacks are low sugar, limited ingredients and they include cards that list the ingredients and nutrition info, but they could actually put this info on the website. I recommend revising the app to make bundle contents more clear and don't put pictures of things not actually included in said bundle. Ask the customer to select a second choice in the event there is a need for substitution and rethink your packing. Also consider sending a sample of new products to subscription customers in addition to their regular order and allow them to provide feedback before actually launching the product. That way you don't get stuck with a high volume of snacks that you have to use as "substitutions" instead of sending people what they really want all so you can capture your ROI. Most importantly, customer service is everything!!! Mistakes happen but if you take responsibility, offer consolation and fix the issues it can turn any situation around. Young businesses have issues but listening to your customers and making them feel valued will encourage them to give you a second chance, share their positive experience and ultimately lead to business growth. I felt the CSR was dismissive and even after admitting the items pictured were not what was actually ordered made it sound like my fault. There was clearly no interest in me as a consumer. In fact she closed her correspondence telling me that if I have allergies they would rather I not order from them. Isn't that the point of completing the profile? Why advertise customization if it's not an option? Not to worry, I won't be ordering again and I shared my story as well as the not so tasty snacks with my coworkers. They agreed the concept has potential but after hearing about my negative experience wont be ordering either. Customer experience is everything.

Response from Kristina N., Graze Representative
Hi Ruth, thank you so much for taking the time to review our service today. Our subscription service is separate to our online shop. In our subscription boxes, grazers can rate the individual snacks and set up their preferences, so our team know which snacks our grazers want to try and which they'd prefer not to receive. These ratings and preferences don't carry over to the shop, as the shop is where grazers can pick out the specific snacks they want to stock up on, but I apologize if this was at all unexpected. The food preferences and ratings that are set up on a grazer's account are for personal taste and dietary preferences, as opposed to allergies. As all of the snacks in our range are prepared in the same place, cross contamination is a possibility, which is why our snacks are not suitable for individuals with allergies. Thank you again for your feedback.
bonniev26
3/31/19

I absolutely love most of the snacks and if I don't I have the option to choose "dislike" and never get it again. I have the weekly subscription and it's honestly like Christmas morning wondering what I will get. The only problem I have had is I chose the protein packs and I have been getting doubles before getting ones I haven't tried. This is why I gave 4 stars. I eat 1-2 of these snacks per day, one between breakfast and lunch and sometimes one between lunch and dinner. Although it looks like a small portion, it is truly satisfying. It has helped me keep my healthy eating in check instead of getting hungry and grabbing crap. I am very thankful.

Response from Kristina N., Graze Representative
Hi Bonnie, thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. It's really great to hear that you're a big fan of our snacks!

We're big believers in variety here at graze, and we avoid sending multiples of the same snack whenever we possibly can. Sometimes however, doubling up on a snack like this is the only way we can send your box. For a variety of reasons, we can’t guarantee that all of our snacks will be ready to send 100% of the time. Additionally, we promise never to send you anything you’ve chosen not to receive. I hope this helps explain why you've received doubles in your protein box, but if you'd like to chat further about this, our team will be happy to help. You'll be able to email them at hi@graze.com :)
jamesh1262
3/27/19

First of all their snacks aren't even good. They are dry and the flavors are nasty. (And I like pretty much anything).

Second of all, they definitely charge for and send you a box after you have already canceled. It is frustrating to read that this has also happened to so many others.

Response from Kristina N., Graze Representative
Hi James, thank you for your feedback. We only take payment for the next box if the cancellation is submitted after the cut off date and time. Our team would be happy to look into this for you if you email them at hi@graze.com.
clarenced26
3/27/19

I received my first box and I love the fact that I can personalize my choices prior to receiving the box. The snacks are delicious and perfect size for grazing! Just a little pricey but the quality and packaging make up for this.

Response from Kristina N., Graze Representative
Hi Clarence :) Thank you for your kind words about graze - we're thrilled to have you on board. We hope that you continue to enjoy the snacks!
perryc41
3/27/19

Lovely snacks. My work gets these in for us to unsure of pricing. But love the variety and nutritional information on the packaging. Helps with portion control and some really interesting flavour and texture mixes. Go graze!

Response from Kristina N., Graze Representative
Thanks Perry! It's great to hear that you're a fan of our snacks and have found the portion control helpful :)
djd54
3/26/19

Options are unhealthful - options are poor, and they still charge you for orders after you cancel. Customer service is useless

Response from Kristina N., Graze Representative
Hi DJ - thank you for taking the time to review our snacks and service. As long as the order is cancelled before the cut off date and time, you won't be charged. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please drop us a line at hi@graze.com.
lisar550
3/22/19

I canceled the day I got the sample box. It was not "normal people" food. Some of it was down right disgusting in my opinion. I canceled that day around 2 PM. They did not show a shipment that couldn't be canceled. I canceled and they sent a box anyway and told me I missed cutoff date.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Lisa, thanks for your review. We're very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your snacks, and that you were charged unexpectedly. As long as the subscription is cancelled before the cut off time for your next box, then you won't be charged. Unfortunately it sounds as though you missed the cut off time, and I have passed along your feedback to see if this can be made clearer in the future.
courtneyf45
3/22/19

I thought I would try this company, and what a scam. Before I received my free box, which was a bunch of garbage samples I was charged 11.99 on my card. I def did not want this service, and I tried to find a number to call and cancel - NOTHING. No one has responded to my claim on their website. Refund my 11.99!!! I am calling my bank to have them battle with this awful company.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Courtney, we're really sorry to hear that you were charged unexpectedly. You can expect to hear back via email within a few days of sending your message.
maryloub11
3/20/19

Your company has not been HONEST.
Your company said I would get a free box and given the chance to cancel after that.
I was debted 2 payments in February after receiving no product. I rate you company 0 stars .I don't like a company that misrepresents itself. I want to cancel

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Marylou, thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you have been unexpectedly charged. As long as the subscription is cancelled before the cut off time for your next box, then you won't be charged. Our team will be very happy to look into this and make sure your order is cancelled for you via email at hi@graze.com.
johnl1224
3/16/19

Thought I would try the one free box but was billed on my credit card before even receiving the trial box. Two days later received the box which turned out to be 4 handful sized samples which were terrible. Then tried to contact them but they "DONT TAKE PHONE CALLS!"
Graze should be left to animals! Z

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi John, thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm sorry to hear that you were charged for your next scheduled box before you received your sampler box.

We don't offer telephone support, but our team can be contacted at any time via email hello@graze.com. Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance.
barbarap388
3/16/19

So, as thousands of others have said, they'll give you a "free" book, but they won't ship it until they have charged 48$ for the next three boxes. I got scammed and am now opening a fraud case with the credit card agency. I hope you all do the same!

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Barbara, thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

I can confirm that we don't hold on to free boxes before charging grazers for paid boxes. All boxes are charged and sent in line with the subscription frequency selected when you join us; with your free box being your very first delivery.

Please feel free to reach out to our team at hi@graze.com if we can be of any further help.
stephaniew256
3/13/19

I'm trying to eat healthier so upon seeing the advertisement for Graze I decided it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Well let me warn you, IT'S A SCAM! I signed up for the free box which I figured would give me a good idea on whether it's worth my time and money. My FREE box showed up after 3 weeks and thinking I had a month before I would be charged took a few days to try the different snacks. At the end of the week I decided it wasn't for me and cancelled the subscription. What I didn't know was while my FREE box was in transit I was charged for another 3 boxes which arrived but I didn't want. I tried calling to return them and get my money back but they weren't having any of it. So I jokes on me and a $48 lesson learned. If you want the free box sign up but then immediately cancel so they can't charge you multiple times.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Stephanie - we're sorry to hear that you were unexpectedly charged. We try to be as clear as we can about the cut-off times for your boxes, and you can always see this information on your orders page when you have an active subscription in place. We don't offer telephone support so it won't be possible to give us a call. However, our team will be very happy to lend a hand via email - they can be reached at hi@graze.com.
malekz
3/11/19

I knew about the website from the FREE try your 1st box, after 23 mins of struggling in it to figure where my free box went, I decided to make a plan and get an order biweekly for the healthy snacks that I like after I read the terms and everything, and then it even get more complicated when you try to order, filter, and choose what you want in the box.
SO TECHNICALLY THE 3 STARS ARE FOR THEIR WEBSITE ONLY, HAVEN'T TRIED THEIR PRODUCTS YET.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Malek, thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you found our website difficult to navigate and I've shared your feedback with the team to see if things can be made clearer. If you have any questions the team at hi@graze.com will be really happy to help :) I hope you enjoy the snacks when they arrive.
wayneo34
3/7/19

Almost got sucked into the free sample offer, I filled out the online application until I go to credit card information. I stopped and read the terms and conditions and basically saw that subscribers give up all of their rights. Alarms in my head went off and I started reading the reviews....YIKES!!! That's too bad, their concept could have worked if they put the customer first.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Wayne, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear that you've changed your mind about giving graze a try. We require a payment card to be used upon signing up as it prevents the misuse of our introductory free box offer. A recurring order is set up with this offer is redeemed, but rest assured the order can be cancelled whenever you like. If you wanted us to automatically stop sending boxes after your sampler, all you need to do is send us an email to hi@graze.com, after you place your order. You can also find cancellation instructions in the help section of our website: us.help.graze.com. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything at all, feel free to drop our team a line at hi@graze.com.
jamies354
3/5/19

I got a promo for a free box. That box showed up but no others did so I didn't even realize they were charging me $13.99 a week for snacks I never received. Absolutely horrible.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
We're very sorry to hear that your snacks haven't reached you - please could you email hi@graze.com about this so we can look into what's happened for you.
kellyc378
3/5/19

My first paid box showed up a month after being charged for it. My second paid box never showed at all. I contacted them about this and all they said was "delivery's were sent out on time." I can't get them to confirm my cancellation of thier service because of "technical difficulties"!

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
We'd really like to help with this - please could you email hi@graze.com again about this issue so we can make things up to you :)
matthewl251
3/3/19

I got suckered in to the free box promotion. I saw the free box offer on TV (EAT68) or whatever, and it required me to enter my credit card info, saying I could cancel any time. I entered it and then immediately cancelled, and then received one box. I then got on line and cancelled it again upon receiving the box because I thought I previously prevented this from happening. Then, I got yet another box,, and to my dismay, I checked my credit card and I noticed I got charged twice for $13.99. I am unemployed and did not want all of this, and as a result had to cancel my credit card as a result. Don't walk but Run! They are aggressive and cancerous, once they get a hold of you, you can never get rid of them!.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Matthew, I'm sorry to hear that you've had some trouble cancelling your orders. We will only ever take payment if you keep your subscription active, so it sounds as though your orders weren't stopped as you had intended.

Our customer service team are always happy to help with any queries and cancellation requests. If you'd like us to double-check whether your subscription has been completely cancelled, please just email the team at hi@graze.com
mikep533
3/1/19

As opposed to many of the reviews, I actually liked the product and the concept. $13.99 for 8 snacks is reasonable enough. Funny enough, the only box that came on time was the free one. After that, its been a guessing game on when things will arrive. The company stands by their statement of "we will deliver at some point in the week." But what really put it over the edge for me was when I placed an order outside of my subscription. Its been almost 10 days and still no snacks. Come on in this age of instant gratification and free 2-day shipping almost every where, having to wait 10 days for some snacks is insanity. They do seem to think this is ok, so I am guessing that Graze is out of business as quickly as they started.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Mike, thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

We do expect our subscription boxes, alongside free boxes, to arrive at any time during their scheduled delivery week. We also do advise that our shop orders typically arrive within 10 working days (at the latest) once placed.

However, if you find that any of your deliveries from graze have arrived later than expected, or not at all, please reach out to our team at hi@graze.com - we'd be happy to assist further.
adeliner2
2/17/19

Sure, I love good snacks, but the entire experience has been completely frustrating. My mom originally purchased a three box subscription as a gift for me. However, because of how poorly their ordering system is set up, she was accidentally charged for six boxes instead of three. Basically, when you place an order there is no way to tell whether it went through, so she ended up ordering the same product twice without even knowing it. She contacted them and was told there was nothing she could do, so she just went ahead and gifted me all six boxes instead of three.

I procrastinated about even using the gift voucher because when I visited their website for the first time, there were no clear instructions on how to even redeem the gift voucher. When I finally got around to figuring it out, it was not user-friendly, as I suspected, and it took me a long time to find the right way to use the gift voucher.

Finally I figured out how to order the first box, only to have it not arrive. I logged on to see if I could find any information, and it showed my February box under the tab of boxes already received. It even showed all of the snacks I presumably got. So much for the surprise. I never even received an email saying the box shipped, and it was due to arrive almost a week ago today.

Then, when deciding to contact them about this issue, I discovered they do not have telephone support. Probably because they don't want to deal with all their disappointed customers. When I went to email them with my problem I was informed that "Sorry, we're closed until Monday." It is early in the day on Friday, and they've already closed up shop?

Let's just be clear; when the three boxes are up, I won't be ordering more.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Adeline, thanks for taking the time to leave a review on your experience.

I do believe that a member of our customer service team has since been in touch regarding this, and I'm very pleased to see that this has now been resolved in full.

If we can be of any further help at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team at hi@graze.com
tiffw2
2/15/19

Products do not taste good, cancelled subscription and was still charged for the box. Customer service horrible and was not understanding at all. Would not recommend!

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Tiff - I'm sorry to hear that graze isn't for you.

Once a subscription has been cancelled, no further charges are processed; so it sounds possible that your subscription was not cancelled in full as intended - or that your cancellation took place after your next box was charged and shipped from our kitchen.

If we can be of any further assistance with this, please feel free to reach out to our team at hi@graze.com
paulal34
2/13/19

never received products yet they charged my credit card every week. when i finally realized what was happening they refused to refund my money. i never got their snacks yet paid over 100.00 dollars. the delivery company they use is a freight company with no tracking information. how convenient. no telephone customer service. save yourself aggravation and buy your snacks at whole foods

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Paula - we're sorry to hear that you have been charged for boxes you haven't received.

Our boxes are shipped with USPS on a standard delivery service, and although they cannot be tracked, are scheduled to arrive alongside your regular post.

Although we do not offer telephone support, our team are more than happy to assist with all queries over email at hi@graze.com. Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can be of any further help.
bradena3
2/4/19

I got the free one that they sent to me and I it was not that good and it is super small. For $13 dollars you can buy a lot of snacks at the store, just saying. I immediately put my account so they would not deliver the next box but I am still being charred every week and I haven't even received any snacks. I still haven't heard back from them yet. They make it really hard to know how to stop sending them when you sign up even though they say you can stop any time.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Braden - we're sorry to hear that you were unexpectedly charged. I can see that you have been in touch with our customer service team directly who have been able to assist with this via email. It's always possible to cancel a graze subscription, as long as this is completed before the cut off time of your next box. Cancellation instructions can be found on the help section of our website or we can always help directly by email.
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No give it a miss , you will spend much time trying to stop the payments , the so called free box is the carrot to tempt you it's far from free.

By Terry R.

Yes they will and then it'll be next to impossible to get him to stop charging you'll have to report your card lost to the bank and get a new card

By frankie k.

no its not safe to put in your credit card or bank info. its very difficult to cancel the auto shipments

By frankie k.

don't just cancel, remove your payment method. i got charged after canceling. i canceled the day i received my trial box. they have no phone number to contact. only email. after canceling, when i click manage frequency or pause boxes, it reloads the page, so i have now removed my card. these snacks are small and under 300 calories. some only 100 calories. $14 for 8 snacks isn't a good deal and they expire pretty quickly. i wouldn't pay $1 per snack. because i cancelled, i didn't even get to pick the snacks i unauthorized the charge for. got two of the same crap beet snack sent. will not be eating the coming box and expect a full refund and cancellation with cancellation email.

By tina c.

Hi Denise, What a great idea! Thanks for using our service this lovely way :) Snack preferences are entered when logged in, so if you provide your niece with the email and password combination you entered, that will grant her access to this. You could alternatively log in yourself and do this with her or on her behalf if you prefer. I'm sorry we don't have a more simple process for gift subscriptions just now. This is definitely something we'd love to work on in future, so that more and more folks can spread the love with graze! For now, I hope this does the trick for you both - and if you'd like any extra detail or assistance, just drop us an email at hi@graze.com :)

By Graze -.

Hi Arlene, Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in graze! I am happy to be able to reassure you that our data security systems comply with the requirements of the PCI DSS regulations and the Data Protection Act. We use secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption, which is a way that data is transferred to keep it safe. I hope this helps, Arlene, but please don't hesitate to keep in touch with us via email at hi@graze.com if there's anything else I can help you out with. Happy snacking! -the graze team

By Graze -.

"Each 8 snack box costs just $11.99 including delivery. Specialty 4 snack boxes, when available, cost just $6.99, including delivery. Each sharing box, containing 5 sharing bags (about 20 servings), costs $25, including delivery. * In some instances shipping charges of up to $2.00 may apply."

By Ayla A.

You can't. That's part of the scam! So they don't have to answer your questions directly or make $#*! up, you could record them and catch them and prosecute them so it's easier and safer for them to send generic emails. They get all the time they want or can not answer you all together!

By Elizabeth R.

Thanks for the prompt response and the clear explanation of how the program works.

By Samia L.

Hi Risa , Thank you so much for your help . and best wishes to graze !

By elvi k.
Questions? Get answers from the Graze staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Graze