Review of Graze

36 w 25th St Fl 16
New York, NJ 10010, US
hi@graze.com
2018 Customer choice award
Try your first box FREE by joining graze now!

adeliner2
2/17/19

Sure, I love good snacks, but the entire experience has been completely frustrating. My mom originally purchased a three box subscription as a gift for me. However, because of how poorly their ordering system is set up, she was accidentally charged for six boxes instead of three. Basically, when you place an order there is no way to tell whether it went through, so she ended up ordering the same product twice without even knowing it. She contacted them and was told there was nothing she could do, so she just went ahead and gifted me all six boxes instead of three.

I procrastinated about even using the gift voucher because when I visited their website for the first time, there were no clear instructions on how to even redeem the gift voucher. When I finally got around to figuring it out, it was not user-friendly, as I suspected, and it took me a long time to find the right way to use the gift voucher.

Finally I figured out how to order the first box, only to have it not arrive. I logged on to see if I could find any information, and it showed my February box under the tab of boxes already received. It even showed all of the snacks I presumably got. So much for the surprise. I never even received an email saying the box shipped, and it was due to arrive almost a week ago today.

Then, when deciding to contact them about this issue, I discovered they do not have telephone support. Probably because they don't want to deal with all their disappointed customers. When I went to email them with my problem I was informed that "Sorry, we're closed until Monday." It is early in the day on Friday, and they've already closed up shop?

Let's just be clear; when the three boxes are up, I won't be ordering more.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Adeline, thanks for taking the time to leave a review on your experience.

I do believe that a member of our customer service team has since been in touch regarding this, and I'm very pleased to see that this has now been resolved in full.

If we can be of any further help at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team at hi@graze.com
tiffw2
2/15/19

Products do not taste good, cancelled subscription and was still charged for the box. Customer service horrible and was not understanding at all. Would not recommend!

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Tiff - I'm sorry to hear that graze isn't for you.

Once a subscription has been cancelled, no further charges are processed; so it sounds possible that your subscription was not cancelled in full as intended - or that your cancellation took place after your next box was charged and shipped from our kitchen.

If we can be of any further assistance with this, please feel free to reach out to our team at hi@graze.com
paulal34
2/13/19

never received products yet they charged my credit card every week. when i finally realized what was happening they refused to refund my money. i never got their snacks yet paid over 100.00 dollars. the delivery company they use is a freight company with no tracking information. how convenient. no telephone customer service. save yourself aggravation and buy your snacks at whole foods

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Paula - we're sorry to hear that you have been charged for boxes you haven't received.

Our boxes are shipped with USPS on a standard delivery service, and although they cannot be tracked, are scheduled to arrive alongside your regular post.

Although we do not offer telephone support, our team are more than happy to assist with all queries over email at hi@graze.com. Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can be of any further help.
bradena3
2/4/19

I got the free one that they sent to me and I it was not that good and it is super small. For $13 dollars you can buy a lot of snacks at the store, just saying. I immediately put my account so they would not deliver the next box but I am still being charred every week and I haven't even received any snacks. I still haven't heard back from them yet. They make it really hard to know how to stop sending them when you sign up even though they say you can stop any time.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Braden - we're sorry to hear that you were unexpectedly charged. I can see that you have been in touch with our customer service team directly who have been able to assist with this via email. It's always possible to cancel a graze subscription, as long as this is completed before the cut off time of your next box. Cancellation instructions can be found on the help section of our website or we can always help directly by email.
elliet20
2/1/19

I really liked the snacks from graze . However, when we are moving houses I realized that the move was kind of expensive and I had to cut back on a couple of my subscriptions. Graze was one of those so in December I pushed cancel it gave me a confirmation email that I had been canceled and I went on with my day. So imagine my surprise when in January I was charged for the subscription. When I reach out to customer service to ask for a refund and to stop it from shipping ... Mind you I called them the same day I was charged... they said no that they could not refund me even though they could see that I had already canceled my subscription but that I could enjoy the snacks that I got anyway.I asked them to change my address since they were trying to ship it to the old house they told me that I could not that they were sorry but I was going to be charged and not receive the snacks. I asked them why I was charged when I had already canceled a month before and they told me that I was going to continue to be charged even though I repeatedly asked them to stop. Then they made me jump through all sorts of hoops to get it charged sending my card number over and over answering questions all I wanted to do was knock it's hard for things that were being shipped to the wrong house. So long story short after canceling and then being charged anyway I wasted $15 on a box that went to the wrong house and they did not care at all in fact I was completely ignored about being upset that I wasn't even going to receive the box that it was going to go to the wrong house and I was going to be charged anyway... so here's hoping that I don't get charged again the next month.... I really enjoyed graze snacks and I really wanted to reup my subscription when I got settled in but I cannot go with a company that treats their customers like this!

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Ellie, thank you for your feedback.
We are genuinely sorry that your box was sent to former address and you weren't able to enjoy these snacks. I can see you've been in touch with our team and it looks like the order wasn't cancelled back in December, however I can see that this last box was refunded for you today.
We do take the security of our customers accounts very seriously, so we needed some extra information confirmed so we could verify we were speaking with the correct person. We appreciate this does contribute to a back and forth correspondence but this was only for security reasons.
Your subscription is definitely cancelled now, so we won't be sending anymore boxes. We hope this helpful and thanks for grazing with us.
jenniferr429
2/1/19

The snacks I received were not that good. I'm guessing because I don't like all those mixtures of fruits and nuts. Maybe you will.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Jennifer- thanks for giving us a try! I am sorry if you weren't a fan of the snacks that were included in your box. It's always possible to rate the snacks on your account and remove any snacks that you don't wish to receive. We're always happy to lend a hand with this and our team can be reached at hi@graze.com :)
marym1245
1/28/19

Looked over the offerings, and decided I can't eat it...I'm on a keto diet, and all were too high in carbs. I told the helper who was helping me "i can't eat any of this" so i stopped choosing. So i guess she put my order in anyway for a weekly box...13.95 for at least $3.00 worth of product. First box arrived with no invoice...a real con job! Now a week later another. Didn't anyone teach you folks how important customer satisfaction is? You just don't care...want to rip off as much as you can. Stay away!

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Mary, thanks for taking the time to leave your review.

I'm sorry for any confusion regarding your order with us. Our customer service team wouldn't have added an order to your account without your permission, but we are more than happy to cancel recurring orders on request.

It may also help to know that we don't include invoices in our boxes, although all box information, including charges, can be viewed on your graze account at any time.

As it sounds as though you do have an active subscription with us, I would advise reaching out to our team at hi@graze.com. From here, we'll be able to cancel your orders and assist further.
chrism897
1/27/19

Small portions, no flavor, dry as sawdust, and a constant barrage of emails to get you back as a paying fool, offering the same flotsam and jetsam. Graze.com needs to take a hint, and vie for a contract with prisons, worldwide, focusing on supplying death row prisoners. I guarantee the prisoners will beg to be executed, asap, saving billions in taxpayer money. If I cared enough, the length of this critique would go on for several chapters...but I don't. As anan addedadded ccriticismcriticism, grazegraze hashas caucaused theirtheir negative commecommenterscommenters to experieexperienceexperience thethe very thingthing youreyoure trying to read. I have had to useuse bacbackspacebackspace delete and spespellspell-spell-checkspell-check, aad nanauseumnauseum. YoYou suck, grazegraze

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Chris, thanks for taking the time to leave your review.

I'm sorry to hear that graze isn't for you. We always appreciate feedback on our snacks and service, so thank you for sharing your comments.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to the team at hi@graze.com if we can be of any further assistance at all.
debrat91
1/19/19

My wife signed up for introductory offer. After trying their mediocre products she attempted to cancel any further orders/shipments. They will not respond and keep charging up to $40+ each month. They do however send a very small Cracker Jack size box of yuppie snacks. My 100 lb lab doesn't like it and that's unheard of for him. BUYER BEWARE

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Debra, I'm sorry to hear that you've had some trouble cancelling your orders. We will only ever take payment if you keep your subscription active, but you’re welcome to cancel at anytime.

Our customer service team are always happy to help with any queries and cancellation requests. You can reach them directly at hi@graze.com or via the contact form we have on our site on our "get in touch" page: https://us.help.graze.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?_ga=2.109697217.599761666.1542886601-647581900.1542886601

We respond to all messages as soon as we can, so it may be possible that your email never reached our team. So we can resolve everything for you, and clarify any misunderstandings, it would be great if you could contact us again via the options listed above. Thank you.
fs55
1/15/19

Another dotcom producing expensive, worthless products with clearly fake reviews touting how great 8 one inch pretzel sticks and a tablespoon of peanutbutter is healthy. The landfill needs for their packaging is larger than anybpart of what they delivered. Stay away!

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi F, thanks for your review. I can confirm that all of our snack and service reviews are genuine.

We always welcome any feedback we receive. If we can be of any assistance at all, please feel free to email our team at hi@graze.com.
melissav87
1/9/19

No free box ever came. Called them and they apologied and said they would send another free sample. Second box never came. Thank God I called and cancelled before the memebership started. One star because they actually cancelled and I was never charged; so I didn't have to file a dispute with my credit card company. Would have liked to give them a shot. All the info. is in their pitch if you read it and if you are giving your credit card info. so, you know you are signing for a paid membership.... but no free sample...twice? Nope.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Melissa, thank you for your review. I'm really sorry to hear that your sample box and replacement box haven't reached you. If you'd like to email our team at hi@graze.com, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

It may also help to know that we don't offer telephone support, so we'd also really like to assist further with any calls made regarding your orders with us.
bom48
1/6/19

I enjoyed their snacks, nice variety and tasty. Unfortunately had to cancel after a couple months as the prices don't really justify the small portions.
Canceling was easy enough if you read & follow the easy instructions and as far as I know haven't had issues with further charges.
If money isn't an issue its a fun and tasty way to try new and different snacks.

brucem236
12/31/18

Wow....$14 for a 2 handfuls of nuts and berries. The portion is extremely small so the profit margin is extremely high! I can get a large can of nuts at Walmart for $4 and eat on that all week long. Cancelled my next order and was immediately charged 13.99 for a future shipment same day! I absolutely do not recommend this company

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Bruce, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that graze isn't for you, and for any confusion caused by the $13.99 charge on your account. If you email our customer service team at hi@graze.com, they'll be able to help further.
paull454
12/30/18

bait and switch scam dont trust this company i never received anything and i paid for trial and never cancelled

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Paul, I'm sorry to hear that your sampler snacks never reached you. Our team will be happy to look into this for you; just email them at hi@graze.com and they'll get back to you shortly.
staya8
12/29/18

Just please... DONT.. save yourself the hair loss!!! I can't even begin to explain... just please.. stay away. And DONT give your CC info to this horrible company. DONT try their "Free" sample box. Absolute BS!!!

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi there, I'm very sorry that your graze experience hasn't gone as smoothly as we'd hoped. We only take payment if you keep your subscription active - but you’re welcome to cancel after the free box if you decide our snacks aren’t right for you. If you have any questions at all, our customer service team will be more than happy to help. You'll be able to reach them at hi@graze.com.
rosek69
12/26/18

Everything in our special little box is always so tasty! I look forward to it each month and take it to work as a treat for my co-workers. They look forward to the "little mystery box" when I come in and hold it up and announce, "Graze is heeere!"
Thank you for a delicious & healthy alternative

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Rose, thank you very much for your kind review. It's great to hear that you and your co-workers are enjoying our boxes. We look forward to sending you more treats in the future!
judyf92
12/22/18

It was very good loved the packaging tasty treats loved all of it white chocolate dunkers were great really enjoyed it.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Thanks Judy, we're so glad to hear that you're a fan :)
missig3
12/14/18

I like the variety and portion control of the Graze boxes. I haven't tried to cancel my subscription, but I can see pretty clearly on the website where/how to do so, so I'm not sure what so many people are complaining about. The portions of the snacks are just right and they let you customize your boxes, this is a great option for people trying to eat healthy but don't have time to search all over for great tasting, nutritious, portion controlled snacks.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Thank you for your kind words! We're glad that you have been enjoying the snacks so far :)
rev1
11/29/18

Tried for free, as soon as the box arrived, I opened it up, looked at the contents, decided it wasn't worth it, and cancelled from my phone. I was still charged for the next box 2 weeks later and when I contacted customer service they said that they are "clear and transparent" so there's nothing to do about my mistake.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Re, thanks for your review. I'm really sorry for any confusion caused by the charge you received, and the status of your subscription.

We'd be happy to look into this further for you, so it would be appreciated if you could reach out to our team again at hi@graze.com.
patriciaw302
11/21/18

I placed a message shortly after my $1 order to cancel. I cannot find any proof of such. No record due to it being placed on their website. I searched all day yesterday unaware that I had any deadline. I have been on this website to see if I could find something that would help me to decide whether or not to proceed with my cancellation or keep. I was sent in so many different circles that my frustration with your company is at my wits end! I feel that lack of ability to have phone communication with a person to ask questions to help navigate this absurd website designed to hinder and confuse your customers is unconscionable.
Customer service to me is paramount! Now because of not having the ability to speak to anyone I am being charged for another shipment that is not yet packed. I view my box on my account page and it had nothing added. This proves that my box was either not yet made or not completed and could be canceled without causing the company any difficulty. The only difficulty is the customers that they refuse to accommodate. Yet I cannot cancel. This is a hardship to my budget especially when I am charged for a subscription, I was unaware I had to factor into a budget. I looked for a way to call due to the confusing website only to find a note stating no phone calls. Emails only! I finally was able to locate where I could delete boxes, but No confirmation.
I decided to go onto the website and look up customer reviews. Very interesting, there were many people who had the same problem.
What wasn't a surprise was the same generic response from the company.
My favorite being,
"I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a hard time canceling your subscription. This can be done online (you can find instructions in our FAQs), or by dropping us a quick email to hi@graze.com and we're always happy to help."

"I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a hard time canceling your subscription. This can be done online (you can find instructions in our FAQs), or by dropping us a quick email to hi@graze.com and we're always happy to help".

Now they tell you that their policy is on their order page; however, if you hear about this GREAT DEAL via a 3rd party then the last thing that you are exposed to is the limitations you have.

One of the most irritating notes I found was this one; "Orders placed from the graze shop are confirmed during the checkout process, and we aren't able to accept returns. We do mention this in the FAQ section of our website."

I was online attempting to sign up for Secret Shopper and one of the things I had to do is answer a series of questions. Those questions took me to a webpage in which I Had to subscribe to low-cost special deals. I subscribe with books and graze snacks. I contacted both the next day to cancel recurring orders. The books gave me a confirmation, but the graze did not. Weeks later a box, 2 weeks later another box and full charges.

As a result, I will not consider being revisiting any options to remain a customer.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced some difficulty navigating our website and cancelling your subscription with us.

Although we don't offer telephone support, our customer service team are always happy to help with any queries. Alongside the email address you have listed (hi@graze.com), our team can also be contacted via the contact form we have on our site on our "get in touch" page: https://us.help.graze.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?_ga=2.109697217.599761666.1542886601-647581900.1542886601

As we respond to all messages as promptly as possible, it may be possible that your message didn't reach our helpdesk. So we can resolve everything for you, and clarify any misunderstandings, it would be very much appreciated if you could contact us again via the routes listed above.
stephanp9
10/26/18

Lemon drizzle flapjack multipack was something else. You can really tell that the product was very nutritious and delicious!

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Thanks Stephan! So glad that you like this snack - it's one of our faves too :)
garyb472
10/17/18

Graze is a superb service which sends 8 different, approximately 150 calorie individual serving snacks per week, or less frequently if you prefer, of well over 100 different snacks. I have never seen any of them anywhere else. Almost all of them have good nutritional value, with the exact nutritional content and ingredients supplied with every delivery, and with every delivery different than the last at least 6-10 before it. You can't request specific things, although you can buy multi-packs of a single snack anytime through the company web site outside of your subscription service for a reasonable cost. You can opt out of receiving specific items on a permanent basis, either before you start the service, or anytime thereafter through the company web site. According to the company, you can increase the frequency of an item by rating that you love it, as opposed to liking it, but I haven't seen this to make any difference. I have yet to encounter something I didn't like! Of course some snacks are better than others. I think the cost is very reasonable. I have been getting the boxes for almost a year, and I have never had any mistake in the service, or snack that was bad or defective. I would recommend graze without reservation. You have to look at their web site to get an idea of how unusual these snacks are! This is an incredible service. Thank you to whoever created this company, it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Gary - thank you so much for your kind words about graze. It's really great to hear how much you have been enjoying our snacks during your first year with us. We're totally thrilled to have you on board! Happy snacking :)
lilic10
Lili C.
10/7/18

I subscribed to graze after being pestered to do so by my husband. Certainly did not expect anything that out of the humdrum, hype ordinary. WRONG! graze is wonderful, the snacks are healthy and tasty - an immense variety so almost everyone will find what they like easily.
Rewards are generous and the product is awesome.
Can't rate highly enough.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Thank you for the glowing review, Lili. It's great to hear that you're enjoying our snacks.
brendac238
9/21/18

I enjoy the portion control, tastes, and great customer service. They have tons of reward discounts.

The variety is out of this world and like no other! Where else can you find a one-stop-shop for healthy snacks that taste really great and for a fantastic price?

Since becoming a customer, I only eat Graze snacks and you should too!

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Thank you for your review Brenda! We're really pleased that you have enjoyed grazing with us so far and have been loving the snacks :)
genel52
9/16/18

I didn't even know what Graze.com was. My credit card got hacked and I was notified by my bank. I reviewed my bank statements and saw charges by Graze.com. Since I was getting a new card anyway, I told my banker about this unsolicited charge from Graze.com. Detailed review showed that they first charged my debit card $1.00. When that went through, they started charging me regularly. Luckily this occurred when my card was hacked for large amounts. My bank refunded me the charges and issued me a new card.Case closed right?

No!!! 3 months go by before I go through accounting and what do I see, biweekly charges from Graze.com for $13.99. I went back to the bank and complained that immediately after getting a new card number, Graze.com immediately is charging me regularly. My banker looks into this and apparently this year the government changed the banking laws to allow vendors such as Graze.com who set up accounts as RECURRING CHARGES, get your new card number from the bank and continue to bill you despite having cancelled your old card. The bank cannot refuse. They cannot stop Graze.com from charging you since they are not allowed to call the vendor directly. The bank has to work within their own divisions to place a stop on the vendor after you again have to get a new card number. The recurring charges are triggered but the amount, which for Graze.com is $13.99. This amount is placed in a pending status until Graze.com claims the cash. The bank does not even know who is charging the amount. If they try to stop the transaction, the vendor simply changes the amount to $13.98 or $14,01 and gets around any holds on transaction amounts.

This company is a total scam. I did not sign up for services nor was I even aware of their existence. Charging my account $1.00 as a test was totally fraudulent.

Do not ever allow anyone to set up RECURRING CHARGES because you will never get them to stop. The new banking laws in effect this year 2018 mandate the banks provide them with your new card number if you cancel the old card. You will never get rid of them. Any business that wants to set you up with a recurring charge account is illegitimate.

Tip for consumers: this company is equivalent to Ebola virus infection. Stay away is the only way to deal with them.

Response from Michelle V., Graze Representative
Hi Gene, we are really sorry to hear that you have been a victim of fraud, and that the fraudster used your card details to set up a graze account. We are always happy to help anyone who is affected in this way; you can reach us on hi@graze.com or via the contact page on our website (https://us.help.graze.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and we always respond as quickly as we can. We will need some information from you to be able to locate the account and cancel the orders, so please do reach out and we'll be ready to help.
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No give it a miss , you will spend much time trying to stop the payments , the so called free box is the carrot to tempt you it's far from free.

By Terry R.

Yes they will and then it'll be next to impossible to get him to stop charging you'll have to report your card lost to the bank and get a new card

By frankie k.

no its not safe to put in your credit card or bank info. its very difficult to cancel the auto shipments

By frankie k.

Hi Denise, What a great idea! Thanks for using our service this lovely way :) Snack preferences are entered when logged in, so if you provide your niece with the email and password combination you entered, that will grant her access to this. You could alternatively log in yourself and do this with her or on her behalf if you prefer. I'm sorry we don't have a more simple process for gift subscriptions just now. This is definitely something we'd love to work on in future, so that more and more folks can spread the love with graze! For now, I hope this does the trick for you both - and if you'd like any extra detail or assistance, just drop us an email at hi@graze.com :)

By Graze -.

Hi Arlene, Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in graze! I am happy to be able to reassure you that our data security systems comply with the requirements of the PCI DSS regulations and the Data Protection Act. We use secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption, which is a way that data is transferred to keep it safe. I hope this helps, Arlene, but please don't hesitate to keep in touch with us via email at hi@graze.com if there's anything else I can help you out with. Happy snacking! -the graze team

By Graze -.

"Each 8 snack box costs just $11.99 including delivery. Specialty 4 snack boxes, when available, cost just $6.99, including delivery. Each sharing box, containing 5 sharing bags (about 20 servings), costs $25, including delivery. * In some instances shipping charges of up to $2.00 may apply."

By Ayla A.

Hi Cathy - we don't offer telephone support, but you can get in touch with our customer service team directly at hi@graze.com. We'll be happy to help!

By Michelle V., Graze Representative

Hi Ryder! While you aren't able to select exactly which snacks will arrive in your graze box each week, your boxes are packed according to your ratings. The way that graze works is that all of our products are set by default to 'try' so this is why it's really important to go through and rate all of our snacks. You can rate them as 'like', 'love' or 'try' and, for any products you don't want to receive, mark them as 'trash'. It doesn't take long, honest! Enjoy your snacks :)

By Michelle V., Graze Representative

Hi Diane! For the time being, graze does not ship to APO addresses. I've passed along your interested and perhaps we'll be able to expand and ship to APO addresses in the future :)

By Michelle V., Graze Representative

Hi Debra! As we're an online business, we feel that we can provide quicker and more efficient customer service via email. We're still a small team, and wouldn't want to keep anyone waiting on hold. If you drop us a line at hi@graze.com, a member of the team will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

By Michelle V., Graze Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Graze staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Graze