Review of GovSimplified

Miami, FL 33137, US
support@govsimplified.com

non259
4/16/19

I tried to change my name on Social Security card by SS office, and I checked Social Security Office website. Next to the SS office website I saw GovSimplified can do it then I filled the all information on their forms: SS#, Date of Birth, Address, Phone # and Credit card #... Later I found this is an private co., and they charged me $97.
I noticed GovSimplified is a private entity and is not affiliated with or endorsed by the SSA.
I worry all my information was taken by them. Lean the LESSON, AND DO IT YOURSELF.

rw316
4/5/19

This organization is terrible at providing the service that they represent. Spent several days trying to obtain an EIN number. Each conversation they said they would get back to me. After 4 days they finally got back to me explaining that nothing could be done until Monday. This after their site advertised that they could get it to me the same day. When I asked for refund they returned only half of my payment. My advice is make sure you are connected directly to IRS or SS as the need may be. Regrettable. Representative unduly surly. Stay away.

lisar542
2/20/19

Their website is misleading. It led me to believe that it was a government website where I could apply for a replacement card. They don't tell you that they are not affiliated with SSA until the end of the process, when it is too late to cancel your order. I realized this about 10 minutes after completing the process. I then called the company for a refund, and was told I would get only a partial refund as I was past the time limit. I said "I just completed the form not FIVE minutes ago!" I am supposedly being issued a full refund. We will see. This is robbery.

tillk
1/15/19

Since getting a replacement SS card is free, they charge unsuspecting customers (like me) upward of $37 to send a PDF page that can be downloaded from the *real* Social Security government website for free...all you get, in essence, is a pre-paid USPS label.

Despicable! I hope I can get my money back.

Tip for consumers: They pose as a government institution that will help you get a replacement Social Security card for a fee of either $37 or $93, but fail to inform you that the Social Security Office replaces cards for free. And in the process collect all of your most sensitive data. How are they allowed to do this?!

Response from Carrie W., GovSimplified Representative
We understand that the customer is unhappy with the service and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. We realize how frustrating a situation like that can be and we are currently working to make it right.

We have clearly mentioned on our website that “GovSimplified is a private entity and is not affiliated with or endorsed by the SSA.
The Social Security Administration provides free social security forms and assistance.

After reviewing the records, we found that the customer has applied for SSN card replacement on Jan 15, 2019 and customer has also contacted our customer service to cancel the service. We have explained the customer why we charge also,We have informed the customer that he can use the service anytime and we have offered 50% discount customer agreed and we have issued the refund of $18.50

Since the customer is not satisfied we would issue the remaining refund of $18.50 back to his card on file.

Refunds are made to the source of the original payment, and processing generally takes 4 to 5 business days. Please contact your bank or credit card company directly to inquire as to when you can expect this refund to show up in your account.

We would also like to inform you that we will take extra measures to make sure that such errors don't happen again in the future.

We apologize again for the inconvenience.
jesusd26
11/8/18

This buisness is not needed for you to get a SS Card. Just go online to the SS office. This is a scam.

moniqueg27
10/10/18

Bad scammers. They lie about social security cards. Do not use them and stop all card payments. Put extra measures on your credit too. Karma will get these people badly and they will get sick and die!

adrianc91
10/5/18

I paid 100 to have my social security card remade. Evidently, after 7 days, your plan expires and they won't refund for an address correction. So dumb. Terrible service

elizabeths457
10/4/18

I reached out to gov simplified when i lost my wallet. I wanted to replace my ss card. They never said they were a company. When i found out that i could get my ss card free i reached out to gov simplified for a refund. The guy informed me that the refund period was 7 days. Low and behild i had called on the 8th day. No help. No refund. I do not recommend this company for hep. Guy was rude and very unprofessional.

jeannen22
9/24/18

I thought getting an EIN would be daunting, but it took all of 5 minutes. Even though I had a typo on my SSI - the follow up was immediate and the customer service rep was incredibly diligent and helpful.

lawrencej36
9/18/18

Thank you for making part of this nonprofit formation bearable. The process is timely and nerve wracking at times. You have made this the easiest part.

jaganl
9/15/18

I felt the portal was very easy to use and everything was clearly spelled out. It was a very good experience overall.

tommies18
9/5/18

Didn't take long to received my number, and customer service was helpful. Will recommend to anyone for accurate information.

bernardm54
9/4/18

This site is very deceiving, makes you think it is an official site. When I paid the 197.00 and within an hour DID NOT get my EIN, I knew something was up. Also, government employees don't work at night, and it suddenly clicked that 1 hour turn around would be IMPOSSIBLE. I google the site reviews and immediately put a stop payment on my credit card. It is unfortunate that they got my card numbers, but that was easily handled, by cancelling, BUT everyone should beware that they still have some personal information that I would have never shared with these scammers had I read the reviews before submitting payment.

TOTAL SCAM - I will be reporting this organization to the BBB first thing in the morning.

jeffreym192
9/4/18

I had to call Simplified gov to get a better understand on how and should the trust I am applying for. I was handled by someone named Daniel. With patience he explained to me several times what type of trust I needed to set up. Then I had a problem with my email coming through to me and he called me back several times until I was able to complete the whole process. Excellent service!

thuyd7
9/4/18

I'm very disappointed with your company. You are scamed a senior citizen by misled me to belived that you were IRS. You cheated me for $197.00 and refused to refund me my money when I found out that I was cheated by your employee.

lyndag49
8/31/18

I was completely unaware that I paid $149 for an EIN number through a 3rd party when it would have been free from the government. This company is sneaky.

margaretb255
8/28/18

You miss represent yourself. People believe they are on the IRS site. You took $150 from me. Shame on you. Refund my money.

jocletaw
8/27/18

They were very helpful in guiding me to get my EIN within the hour. Thanks, I'll give 'em *****. The only thing that would make me happier is if those two wonderful people who helped me would buy my cookbook, "Make 'Em Think You Can Cook" because part of the proceeds will also go to help the Special Olympics. Thanks again;
JoCleta W

clementu3
8/27/18

I am very happy, I finally starting my own personal business and having an INC confirmed registered with my EIN.

lorib220
8/27/18

Got in and out with EIN within just a few minutes and the number was emailed to me with in 10 min. Thank you.

elainea53
8/25/18

Simple and clear instructions to follow. The application was not intimidating which made it easy to complete

jacobc93
8/22/18

Thank you! I am so happy that I finally started my own business, went from nothing last friday to having an LLC confirmed registered by Monday. I applied for my EIN TODAY AT 7:00am and had it by 12:30 SAME DAY, and I did not pay the extra money to have my request expedited!!

tylerg59
8/18/18

very responsive, had an issue we called and within minutes it was resolved and had our number about 5 minutes later

johnw1288
8/18/18

The gentleman was wonderful, helpful, patience, and stayed on the line with me until the problem was solved.

jeanettem48
8/18/18

It was easy and quick. I had no problems and they delivered within the hour as stated. I would recommend to anyone needing to use this service.

By Carrie W., GovSimplified Representative

Our service does not offer a social security card. The SSA accepts applications for social security cards either in person or by mail. We offer a preparation package in order to assist customers who would like to apply by mail. After you have received our preparation package and sent in the application along with the required supporting documents to the SSA, you should receive your replacement card from the SSA within 10-14 business days from the date your application is processed. Providing identification is a requirement of the SSA. All supporting documents are to be sent to the SSA not to our company. We provided detailed instructions for completing the application, gathering the correct required documents and a prepaid label for your use to send your complete submission to the SSA. If you would like more information regarding the services we provide, please feel free to contact us directly at 888-629-8008.

By Carrie W., GovSimplified Representative

Gail G., Thank you for contacting us. We apologize if at the time of your visit you were unclear as to the service we provided. Disclosed within the header of our site's landing page is that, 'We are a private entity and [are] not affiliated with or endorsed by the SSA.' This disclosure also appears within the footer of each subsequent page on our site. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and we would love to assist you however we are unable to locate your application solely using your 'Gail G.' user name. Please contact us via phone at 888-629-8008 or via email at support@govsimplified.com to process your request. A member of our dedicated team is available M-F 9:00AM - 7:00PM EST. If you prefer to contact us via email and your request is received outside our regular business hours, please allow 1 business day for a response from our team. We look forward to speaking with you.

By Carrie W., GovSimplified Representative

Please feel free to contact us at 888-629-8008. A member of our dedicated staff is available to help you Monday-Friday 9:00AM-7:00PM EST. Please let me know if you have any questions and we ill be more than happy to help.

By Carrie W., GovSimplified Representative

Our service does not offer a social security card. The SSA accepts applications for social security cards either in person or by mail. We offer a preparation package to assist qualifying customers apply for a card from the SSA by mail. We offer an instant email delivery option and an overnight physical delivery option for the preparation package. We do not generate or issue social security cards and cannot send you a replacement card overnight. If you would like more information regarding applying online and/or rush services, please contact the SSA directly. If you have any additional questions regarding our service, please feel free to contact us directly at 888-629-8008 M-F 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM EST.

By Carrie W., GovSimplified Representative

We understand that our customers' personal information is sensitive information and we have implemented security measures to ensure that by using our website and services, our customers' information is held in a secure manner. We collect necessary information for the express purpose of delivering the services requested. We offer the use of a secure server and all personal information is transmitted via SSL technology and then encrypted. After a transaction is completed, private financial information is not stored on our servers and our procedural safeguards are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to protect personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access. We hope we have addressed your concerns. If you have any additional questions or concerns about the security of our site, please contact Customer Support at (888) 629-8008 at 888-629-9001 or by email at support@govsimplified.com.

By Carrie W., GovSimplified Representative

We would love to explain the benefits of our preparation package with you directly. We assist you in completing the application necessary to receive your replacement card by mail from the SSA. Our preparation package does not include the card. If you would like to learn more, please feel free to contact us at 888-629-8008. A member of our dedicated staff is available to help you Monday-Friday 9:00AM-7:00PM EST. We look forward to hearing from you.

By Carrie W., GovSimplified Representative

We prepare and supply customized instructions to each client so the list of required documents varies dependent on your situation. Your list might be longer or shorter than another client. It may include anything from a passport, health insurance card or marriage document so it is best to contact us directly by phone or email for this unique guidance. One of our dedicated agents is available at 888-629-8008, M-F 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM EST to assist. We look forward to speaking with you.

By Carrie W., GovSimplified Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GovSimplified staff and other customers.

4 Photos for GovSimplified