Goldbelly

Goldbelly has a consumer rating of 4.85 stars from 15,658 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Goldbelly also ranks 1st among Food Delivery sites.

• On time delivery, option for overnight that was affordable, & fresh product!
  • Plan to have the crab cakes with family in a few weeks.

• Be very careful, customer service is extremely poor.
  • Goldbely delivered a box of goo to me that was supposed to be $100 worth of ice cream.
How would you rate Goldbelly?

“Food is very high quality”

Lisa P.
1/6/20

Gold Belly does a good job of screening their vendors. Everything I've received from them has tasted fresh and been delivered damage free. The cost is higher than I would normally spend but it's worth it to me I highly recommend their cakes for special occasions They are all beautiful.

“Goldbelly a reseller of stale products”

Lawrence L.
1/23/20

I usually order from Just Bagels but my credit card was being glitchy on their site so I tried using Goldbelly. Ordered a dozen everything bagels which came from H&H. The order was correct but the bagels took 4 days to get here, apparently weren't fresh when packed and taste nothing like H&H bagels that I have gotten before. Even the coating was different. I am attempted to contact Goldbelly without success. No refund going on here. They are dishonest and will never deal with them again.

Reviews (15,658)

customer service (295) time delivery (163) ice cream (144) delivery date (110) crab cakes (93) fast delivery (171) cream cheese (90) lobster rolls (83) birthday gift (74) quick delivery (126) timely delivery (113) birthday cake (68)
lisap717
January 6th, 2020
lindas2094
May 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Everything, kind, friendly, shipping on time and delivery on time. I have ordered from them many times over the years and always very satisfied. I would like everyone to purchase from this remarkable company. Don't forget they offer the finest in fresh seafood. Always delicious. I have sent seafood to Colorado, Arizona and North Carolina, and some family members wish they could get those gifts once a month from me. LOL
denises478
February 20th, 2020
Ordered the lobster rolls. All of the components to assemble two unbelievably delicious lobster rolls arrived two days later packed in a styrofoam cooler with two freezer packs and directions on how to assemble. To say these were delicious would be an understatement. I think next time we are going to try the ciapinno along with the lobster rolls. After that? Who knows? So many delicious things to choose from.
shannonw153
Shannon W. – Goldbelly Rep
Hey Denise,

Thank you so much for sharing this awesome photo! We're so glad you had a great experiencing ordering. McLoon's Lobster is always a great way to go for lobster rolls!
deniseh378
May 20th, 2020
Verified purchase
Received a gift certificate from my son and his family for Mother's Day. Had never heard of this site before this. I settled on the 5 pounds of Organic Maine Blueberries because I love Maine AND Blueberries! Was trying to think of how I would store all five pounds when they arrived already frozen and packed in dry ice. Awesome! All I had to do was divide them into freezer bags and drop them in the freezer. Super Easy!
morganr87
May 7th, 2020
Verified purchase
The cake was delicious! I was so pleasantly surprised. I've never ordered food cross country before so I wasn't sure what to expect. Especially something like a cake, which going from frozen to unfrozen can get dry and crumbly, but I was SO pleased with this cake. Trust all the good reviews. After sitting out for about 3 hours it was absolutely perfect. Moist, soft, and soft cake with delicious buttercream. We ate the whole thing in two days! 10/10 would absolutely order again.
deborahm807
Verified purchase
Everything exceeded my expectations. I place my order, which was very easy to find great options. I picked cookies from NY bakery that I love for a special occasion. They arrived on time, in perfect condition and were so fresh! It look exactly like the picture posted. I will definitely use them again, already looking to order something special for birthday that is coming up.
belindah61
April 25th, 2020
I just wanted to say KUDOS to Carlos Bakery! My Mother's birthday is April 25th and I ordered a cake on the Wednesday before. I didn't think anyone was making let alone shipping cakes during this pandemic but not only was Carlos on it, but the cake is expected TODAY (it's Friday 4/24!)! I cannot say enough about this bakery! thank you all so much for helping make my mom's birthday special during these terrible times. She is 83 tomorrow! I ordered the Chocolate Mousse cake for her! Thanks again to Buddy and the team! You made this Long Island Family VERY happy!
josephs1054
April 15th, 2020
Verified purchase
Thank you for replacing the order of cream of crab soup that originally arrived damaged.
Your good business ethic is very much appreciated.
I have been a loyal customer for several years now.
In fact, last year, I suggested Goldbelly as a gift idea to my supervisor, who also is very pleased with your delivery of craft beer to her adult son!!
My informed father and his life partner, Liz are so happy that you promptly replaced the order
Thank you for everything.
Sincerely
Jodie Connelly, RN
denisec377
January 8th, 2020
Verified purchase
I'm from Jersey, I go there often . I did recommend to a friend they also ordered subs. Packaging was great, but here's what I didn't understand, free delivery, I received 15.00 off which brought the cost to 83.00 now, 1 whole sub ( which is 16.00 plus tax ) I got 2 which would be 4 half's so let's say 34.00 for the subs with tax . Where did the rest of the money go? Approximately 50.00 shipping is free ? ? You couldn't possibly charge $50.00 for packaging? Can you explain that ?
kenm457
May 6th, 2020
Verified purchase
Gumby's Pizza order was amazing. I have eaten at many locations in college towns across the country. These guys have been serving pizza for 35+ years and it's been awesome every time. Gumby's Pizza is as American as hot dogs and apple pie. They include a commemorative Gumby Logo box and plenty of ranch and their signature pizza sauce. Pizzas are vacuumed sealed for freshness. Put this company at the top of your order list. 10 Star rating.
fredm221
January 27th, 2020
Verified purchase
I ordered this for my dad's 91st birthday. He used to live in New York, but now lives in south Texas where this type of food it not available at any price. HE LOVED IT! I was concerned about how perishable food could travel all that way, but her said it was cold and fresh. He said eating it made him feel like he was at home and had just walked down the street for a sandwich. Thanks very much!
saraht441
March 30th, 2020
Verified purchase
The Hancock Gourmet lobster mac and cheese is delicious - very rich. I have the second one in the freezer still. Russ & Daughters smoked salmon is out of this world. My son recommended them - he buys his salmon there for parties. I enjoyed the luxury of these new foods so much that I have ordered deliveries for all my kids. And for the duration of this COVID-19 nightmare I will be returning for other treats to lift spirits.
jamies542
April 29th, 2020
Verified purchase
Our Philly's from Pat's King of Steaks arrived as scheduled. They were packed well and still frosty in the center. We left 2 out for dinner that night and froze the remaining Philly's.

They were excellent. The bread they use is absolutely perfect - tender inside with a nice crunch on the outside. The meat & onions were seasoned well and the Wiz on top made for a fantastic sandwhich experience.

When we eat the rest, I am confident I will be ordering again in the future!
chipb27
May 6th, 2020
Verified purchase
Everything happened as I expected based on expectations - you can't ask for anything better. Wanted to use this to say thank you as well - I had a friend who recently lost his wife, his dad, and his mother in law, all in a matter of the last 3 months. He's from Philly and now lives in North Carolina - I was able to really make his day when cheesesteaks from Jim's showed up. Thank you.
brianw929
Verified purchase
We live in Hawaii and my wife loves Primanti Bros. With the quarantine shutting everything down, there Is not much to do so for her birthday I thought ordering through Goldbelly would be an awesome idea. It was!!! The food arrived fresh and it was delicious. My wife was really excited along with her sisters who live out here with us. They are all from Pittsburg so having Primanti Bros delivered 5,000 miles away made everyone really happy. Aloha
michelem650
May 26th, 2020
Verified purchase
The entire experience was delightful. Online order was easy. Order arrived on time. I opened the box like a giant present. It was beautifully wrapped and kept cold. You have my business from now on! Thanks for making our anniversary even more special. The food was so good...we created a new tradition for every holiday. We look forward to the next time!
jimp529
June 2nd, 2020
Verified purchase
Great experience ordering with Goldbelly! I sent 2 pies (from different suppliers) to celebrate someone's birthday on two specific days and all arrived perfectly ! My recipient loves pies, not cakes, so they were the perfect gift! He said " This is the best birthday cake I've ever had!" He loved the apple, but his absolute favorite was the sour cherry! His words "This is heaven!"
suzannec402
May 26th, 2020
Verified purchase
Speed of delivery. Quality of the product. Fair price. Excellent job. I will definitely order again. This special delivery gave my daughter a little taste of home, from her favorite cheese steak place, during this difficult times!! She said they tasted as good as they do in the restaurant. Thank you Gold Belly for putting a smile on my daughters face!!!
mitcht24
April 7th, 2020
Verified purchase
It was great. I ordered these in memory of my 26 year old son who passed away. I took him as a teenager to Chicago and ate at Gino's East. Everytime i went to Chicago, i brought him one home in my carry on. :) Eating these pizzas last weekend with our family was a healing experience and connected is all to hood memories of Ben. Thank you all. May God bless you.
Mitch Temple, Alabama
chadm170
April 20th, 2020
Verified purchase
My son is in NYC and received quality food that we shipped. He and his brother visited Pike's Market when they were traveling and loved the experience. He was struggling getting out due to the lockdown, rain and pandemic. He is stocked and so humbled in getting the "large" package as he stated. I have seen several meals prepared with your food. It made me a happy MOM! Thank you!
darleneh128
May 14th, 2020
Mothers Day Gift.
She loved the uniqueness in gift choice.
Delivery was on time.
Shipping.and packaging was done very well.
She thought the Pie (eaten only of one of the four) was excellent.
I had a feeling I was going to make the right choice with using goldbelly as a substitute for the usual floral gift for my mom...I will for sure di it again!!
Thanks for asking!!!
Thanks for your great customer service!!
sidneym78
May 16th, 2020
Verified purchase
I had an issue with shipping where UPS sent it to the wrong place and NDA turned into 7 days. I sent you guys a message and the following day my order showed up a mere 16 hours later than originally thought before UPS's mistakes and the food was not expired! I was expecting UPS to bring the food well after expiration date. Thank you for your help and diligence I. Getting that resolved so quickly.
shirleyb354
April 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase
Every product of fish were outstanding in freshness, packaging and incredible timing shipping and receiving! The fish was so fresh, it was like it just had Ben caught! I know as I use to fish along with my husband and we have loved fish for over 70 years! We live in North Central Oregon between three rivers: Deschutes on the west, Columbia on the north and John Day on the east side of our county, Sherman!
mikaylac13
Verified purchase
Ability to easily browse items of interest, & ordering very easy.
Had foresight to put day I wanted delivery as the day before I actually wanted, so when it was 1 day late, came on time.
Item in very good condition [dry ice did its job even though totally gone when unpacked] despite it sitting at nearby UPS for several hrs.

TY for making it possible to make my daughters bday special despite COVID-19 lockdown!
martym111
April 15th, 2020
Verified purchase
Everything was great! The order was delivered to my Nephew right on time; it was a surprise gift. He was elated. His exact words were "I can't even tell you how happy this made me. Jim's Steaks are my absolute favorite sandwich. They are so delicious and these tasted just as if I was there eating them. He lives in western PA but went to college in Philadelphia. Once a year he travels there just to have these Steaks. Thank you! It's a great feeling knowing that during these rough times I was able to put a smile on his face.

They aren't necessarily a scam, but very poor customer service policies. If anything goes wrong with your order, like it did with mine, they just blocked me from their Facebook page so I couldn't leave a review. It's just luck if your order arrives and looks as you would expect and if it doesn't you are out of luck. Just contact local bakeries or restaurants and have them deliver for you, no reason to pay Goldbelly and have a third party who cares nothing about your order throw it around in the back of their truck and deliver it trashed. Goldbelly is unscrupulous and a big risk of wasted money.

By Amy W.
See more answers (8)

The have not answered my email in over 4 days so I would say not very likely

By Michelle N.
See more answers (6)

Hi Samantha- Goldbely ships the best, most iconic food in the US directly to your door from the very people who produce it. If you have any more questions or are looking for any suggestions please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@goldbely.com Thanks!

See more answers (2)

Hi Barbara! Yes, it is the same business- we added the extra L this year. Thanks!

By Melissa D., Head of Customer Happiness

Hi Karen! Thanks so much for reaching out. We're working on reviews for the individual products, but in the mean time if you have questions on anything or would like any recommendations, please feel free to reach out to our team at support@goldbely.com and we'll help you! Eat Well & Prosper! Capt. Goldbely

By Melissa D., Head of Customer Happiness

Their add on Facebook and the ease of placing an order to be sent to another address as a gift.

By Diane P.
See more answers (3)

Hi Julie! Thanks for reaching out. We proactively monitor all packages and will communicate any possible or actual delays via email directly to you. Please feel free to reach out to us via support@goldbelly.com if you have any questions. Thanks!

See more answers (3)

Hi Lisa! all of our products are prepared fresh and sent directly from the restaurant/food shop you ordered from. All of the quality control or any other issues are covered by Goldbely, so if there are any issues you should just reach out to us directly at support@goldbely.com. Thanks for exploring with us!

See more answers (3)

I received NO credit Goldbelly is not standing behind it.

By Judy S.
See more answers (2)

Have to recommend against it. Not worth the price for what you get (2 small frozen pies). Not worth the packaging materials that have to get thrown away (big styrofoam). Joes in NYC rocks, but this doesn't taste like the real thing. Maybe it's the freezing / reheating process - don't know, but it's not worthy.

By Gil S.
See more answers (2)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Goldbelly staff and other customers.

Goldbely helps people find the best food from around the country and have it shipped to their door. We work with the best tastemakers, food purveyors, restaurants, farmers and fishermen to supply you with the best of the best from around the US.

Business History

Goldbely launched in 2012 and went through San Francisco based based Y-Combinator. We have been named one of Time Magazine's Top 50 Websites and received numerous accolades over the history of our business. We are an A+ Better Business Bureau accredited business- you can view our page here: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/gourmet-shops/goldbelycom-in-san-francisco-ca-459441

joelg21
Melissa D.
Customer service
Typically responds within 4 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldbelly?

Have a question about Goldbelly?