Review of GLOSSYBOX

Tel: 1-855-738-1140
contact@glossybox.com

robm262
2/17/19

I am a new customer who recently signed up. During the sign-up I made a clerical error on the address number. I immediately sent a note to customer service and stated the problem. The response I received stated I needed to contact the courier to resolve as they could not fix the address problem and that the product already shipped. I knew it hadn't already shipped since it had only been seconds since I submitted my order as a first time customer. I ended up calling them and was told as soon as it ships I would receive an update with the tracking info so I could call myself to see if they could resolve the shipping to the wrong address. Unhelpful in my opinion that they couldn't figure this out, but I was willing to do it myself. Several days went by with no update so I called back again. This time they stated that they weren't sure why the product hadn't shipped yet and they would contact the shipping department to try and resolve the shipping address issue since it hadn't gone out yet. I was very happy as this is what I would have expected to happen from the very beginning. Unfortunately several days later I received an email saying they cannot fix the address, contact the courier myself again. Yet, no update on who the courier is. So, called again. Product still hadn't shipped so no updates. I've emailed for a couple of weeks now and no updates on shipment or address, just the same generic response regarding contact the courier. Now that it is way past the Valentine's Day I was ordering for in the first place and still no resolution I request they cancel my subscription and refund the money since they have not been able to ship me my product or resolve the shipping issue. They refuse to do so and state that I should contact the courier regarding the address problem.... :(
Needless to say, I've called and emailed to NO resolution still and have paid over $100 for nothing but a headache. Don't bother with these guys.

rl144
10/23/18

Awful customer service, have waited a whole month for my box, kept being told it would be shipped that day, funnily enough, that day kept not coming! I finally got my box with only a partial refund, and the box was half full! No information on the products which are in all the other boxes (seen online etc) and the wrong products. Absolute joke!

abbief5
9/6/18

dunno whats up with all these bad reviews but i love glossy! the reviews on other sites are all brilliant as well.

janel172
8/4/18

I cancelled my one-month subscription on 7/14, but was charged again a couple weeks later. When I sent them a message, I was told that when you cancel, the following month will be your last box. I sent them a copy of their own policy that says you need to cancel by the 14th to prevent getting charged for the next month. They completely ignored that and wouldn't refund me. At that point I told them I would do a dispute with my credit card company. They replied that if I did that not only could I not place any more orders, they couldn't refund me either. They asked if I wanted them to escalate the issue to a manager. Except they locked me out of my account and you can only send messages after logging in.

maureenp46
6/7/18

I ordered it in Jan, product didn't come in February. I called, they told me they would send it out. THey never did. I called twice and was on hold for over 45 minutes both times with no answer. I am planning to contact my credit card and the BBB.

ginnyc11
6/1/18

Last month I thought I would try this service, I picked a 1 month offer and joined on the 12th , thought I would try it out and if I liked it take one of the other offers. I did not see anywhere anything about auto renew. I got the box and was underwhelmed so did not
reorder.

Today I got notice from paypal I had been charged again. I immediately sent an email I did not want any more product. Several hours later I got a notice it had shipped. I found a number to call and spoke to "Jessica" no last name who said
it automatically auto renews , they do not accept returns and I had no choice but to
keep the box when it gets hear. If I had wanted to cancel I would have had to call
by the 14th of the previous month.

Hard to do when I did not know a single month request auto renewed without notice and I had not even gotten the product I ordered on the 12th !!

Jessica spoke like a robot and kept saying I had no option but to pay, they auto- renew everything.

BEWARE this is a ripoff!!!!

rosyr10
5/12/18

I signed up for a 3 month automatic subscription, and nothing about it has been automatic. After not receiving my first box, I went through at least 5 Customer service reps over the course of 3 weeks to finally get by first box. Each rep always states or writes that I'll be getting my box in 5 business days, as if they have resolved the matter, but sure enough 5 business days later for some unknown or unexplained reason the box never shipped, manual order wasn't processed, other random explanation provided. Each rep fails to follow through. I had to follow up constantly. I've had to repeat this process every month for 3 months. Over 22 emails and 8 phone calls with customer service for a 3 month subscription. Reps are friendly when you talk to them but fully inadequate in fulfilling their promises and processes.

kimj139
5/11/18

I have ordered two "special edition" boxes, and have had issues with shipping where they were returned to sender because GLOSSY BOX did not but an apartment number on the shipping details to the forwarder, so when they attempted to deliver and saw there was no "apartment number" the boxes were sent back to sender.

I have complained on their website about this on both occasions (last November, and recently this April) showing them that I personally filled out the address correctly on my order, THEY however, failed and didn't enter the full address. Both were gifts for family members. They NEVER advised how this happened or what the extent of their investigation was. Just offered to credit my money back and give me a $5 coupon for the inconvenience, so I will NEVER order from them again.

merryl11
2/10/18
• Updated review

I just received my January and February boxes today and I am in love with the packaging! The "Valentine's Day" themed box is just the cutest. I also love how sturdy the boxes are, as well. Great for storage. Once I opened the boxes, I noticed how much care they took to make sure it all was placed in the box well so nothing could happen during transit. I really appreciate that. As for the items in the box, I freaking love! Some of the items I would never have thought to get for myself but since I'm willing to try everything, I cannot wait to see what it does for my skin or hair. I am still amazed by their customer service and how quickly not only did I receive a response, but how quickly I got my box replacement. I really appreciate it and that will definitely keep me a customer for a long time.

“Based on Customer Service Alone - So Far”
2/10/18
• Previous review

I am making this review solely on their customer service so far. I was supposed to receive my box by 31st January and upon nothing being received and not seeing any movement on my box since the 27th, I emailed GLOSSYBOX through their site about the situation. I received an email stating they'll be back to me within 24 hours. They got back to me within 6 hours, which is pretty quick. Turns out USPS had lost my box (i've had this happen a few times with the USPS down here in Florida) so it wasn't a big surprise to me. Then they offered three decisions to make it right: replace the box immediately, refund me the money (I had ordered a 3 month subscription) or credit me the money on their LookFantastic partner site. I was really impressed with the options to make this right. I was really looking forward to my box so I opted for the first one. It has only been 6 hours again and I've been given a tracking number for a new replacement box. Now that to me, is customer service. I don't fault them for the loss of my package in transit, as it is out of their control. Disappointing? Absolutely. But did they make up for it? Oh yeah.

aprilm82
1/25/18

I have been unable to get a refund on cancelled subscriptions. A year ago I purchased 3 one year subscriptions to Glossybox for family members. When the year passed, I saw another $600 + was taken out of my bank account to renew the subscriptions for another year. Because it was never my intent to continue the subscriptions indefinitely, I called on December 7 to cancel all three subscriptions and get my money refunded. The subscriptions were indeed cancelled per my online account information and also my family members did not receive any more Glossyboxes. I did not, however, see the refund and called them on December 18 to ask when I could expect to see it. I was told the representative would get back to me by the end of the following day. She did not get back to me and I called again on December 20 and spoke with Kirsten about the issue who also said she would get back to me or the refund would be in my bank account in 24 to 48 hours. I never saw the refund and she never called back. On January 2, I e-mailed customer service about the problem and Kirsten responded, asking if I was waiting for only one of the refunds or all three! I then called customer service back and asked to speak to a supervisor. After a delay, the supervisor Melissa got on the phone. I gave her all the information and she was able to see from their records that I have been trying to get the refund for about a month. She said that she would resolve the issue by the following Wednesday, but again I did not receive a call back or the refund. It is now January 25 and I am still left without a resolution. It looks as though I may have to use the legal system to get my $600+ refund back. I would strongly warn anybody considering a yearlong subscription or giving a yearlong subscription not to do this. At the end of the year they will automatically renew the subscription and take the entire amount out of your bank account. If you try to cancel, they will cancel the subscriptions but will not refund your money. It is a shame that the Glossybox beauty box service should be avoided because the company is larcenous, The contents of their beauty boxes have been consistently good. There are, however, other beauty box companies that will give you value and will not steal your money.

daniellef38
1/13/18

The pros -- packaging is very nice, and the boxes I've received have had interesting items.

The cons -- You can't trust this company. I signed up for a three month deal, and they charged me, but never sent the first month. When I contacted them about it, they refused to send a replacement, or honor the third month of the deal. Contacting customer service just gets you an "oh well, I can't do anything about that" response -- and I went through MONTHS of that. I had to go through PayPal for a refund - which is what I should have done to begin with.

ericag50
1/10/18

My first issue was being told that my payment hadn't been processed, and they requested I pay again. I checked my statements and the money had indeed been pulled, so I made the wise choice not to pay again and wait for their "finance department" to handle it. Turns out when I payed with PayPal, they did not accept my money from the vendor, and it was sitting waiting to be accepted. This was the first headache that I had to deal with.

Jump forward to December and I start inquiring regarding the status of my box. In one message, I was told it was dispatched Nov 21; in another, Nov 1 (which was impossible because that's before I had even gone on the site to place my order, but demonstrates the amount of misinformation I was being provided). I was then emailed a tracking number which still doesn't work (I was today informed that the tracking number doesn't work for international orders? So I'm wondering why they bothered to send one in the first place, and whether it was a fabricated tracking number). I was told in that exchange if my box didn't arrive just after Christmas to let them know.

When it didn't arrive, I contacted them again, and waited some time before a reply. In that email, they said because it was an international order, to allow 30 days (which had already passed) and notify them if I hadn't received my box during the first two weeks of January, despite them having said in the previous message to let them know if it hadn't been received by Christmas and they would then remedy the situation. Sent more emails, but they didn't reply.

It's now nearly mid-January and I've not received my December box, which I ordered back in November. I finally got through via telephone and I'm waiting for a refund... we'll see if I ever get that.

All in all, it's been a headache and a run-around since Day 1. A lot of incorrect information provided. Poor customer service. Can't rate the product as it was never received.

I've had box subscriptions with other companies in the past, but this was by far my worst experience.

STILL waiting on my refund. Was told they would refund my order. I noticed they put in a request to refund the price of my box, but NOT the shipping. I told them they should refund both. I later received a $5 refund for shipping, yet still waiting on the refund for the box itself..!

Had to open a Paypal dispute to get a refund. Had given them plenty of time and opportunity to refund the box, and weeks later, they still hadn't. Was told it could take up to 14 business days for a refund to appear in my bank account? No, it should not, nor does it ever take that long.

kims117
12/21/17

I have been a suscriber for over a year. My December box has still not arrived. Their customer service is no help. When you ask on instagram you get a generic response but no explanation for why so many people have not received what they paid for. They also overcharged me and keep asking for proof. Well if you look at my account you can see you charged me 23.00 instead of 21.00. I cancelled and wil be switching to birchbox.

stephanied117
11/14/17

auto-renewal that they somehow slid into the order without my noticing and then they never sent an email alerting me that it would be renewing and then customer service was HORRIBLE and RUDE.

josselinea
11/14/17

First, I want to highlight that the only good thing in this box is the packaging.
The Company has the worse customer service that I have ever received in 11 Subs that I have been with. Glossy box is an Irresponsible Company that does not know how to handle marketing problem. They lack of KNOWLEDGE . For example they recently advertise a box for $13.3 and after customers ordered they cancelled orders saying that and employee messed up wit the advertisement. WHAT A SHAME to blame an employee publicly . Moreover , they are not giving anything back to customers to at list compensate this situation. Other company out there would handle this situation in another way . But OOH!! wait!! Why are you surprised ?? is Glossybox again!!!

jennyr34
11/9/17

Your company charged me twice, won't refund one, said ill get 2 boxes, I PRAY THEY DIFFRENT, IT'S BS..... norcalangelwithhornzz@yahoo.com is my email... please DON'T send me two of the same, I was just on hold for 2 hours still no answer, what is wrong with your customer service? Hope I get the 2 different boxes

sadc4
11/8/17

WARNING!!!!!! Do NOT subscribe to this company! The customer service is awful - basically non-existent. The number they give is never answered and the chat feature is always down! I cancelled my subscription and they renewed it anyway. I sent 10 emails seeking resolution and they refused to cancel my subscription. I am working with my states attorney generals office for resolution. I received numerous boxes with damaged or missing products - no resolution. Not with the money! Mediocre products at best and AWFUL customer service!

lesleyj11
11/7/17

I signed up for Glossybox as they had a deal where the first 3 months were $10. Currently I have tried Ipsy and I wanted to try something different to see what's out there (Ipsy is great by the way, and has excellent customer service). Anyhow, I decided to give Glossybox a try.
I recieved my box yesterday and it was missing an item. You are supposed to receive 5 items. So I emailed them, left a Facebook message and attempted to call them. No response. Phone line was busy and disconnected after 3 rings. There was no answering machine.
With the frustration of dealing with customer service (or more correctly, lack therof) I decided to call to cancel the following day. When I woke up the next day the first thing I saw in my email account at 8am was another billing for Glossybox! The last billing was only 7 days ago. Plus, they state very clearly in thier policy that you can cancel on or before the 15th of the month (it is the 7th today).
Immediately I took measures within my paypal to both cancel the subscription amd file paypal claims for both orders. Such a hassle and I feel like I won't even get a response. So far I have not recieved a response in regards to my paypal claims and I feel I won't get my money refunded. Let's just say I'm happy I paid via PayPal where I can at least have a chance at getting a refund.
I have only been dealing with this company for a small 7 days of my life amd I'm already annoyed beyond belief and am probably out the $30 USD I have been billed for.
Stay far far away from this place. I reccomend Ipsy. They will respond to any inquiry within hours, and they certainly won't bill you twice in one week for a subscription you just cancelled.

lilyh19
10/18/17

I signed up on July 29 for a 3 month subscription. I received a box in August, one in September, and one in October. In October I was sent an email thanking me for renewing my subscription and $58.50 was taken out of my bank account. When I emailed them on October 11th telling them I was not renewing my subscription, that I actually wanted to cancel my subscription, and wanted my money refunded they said per their policy I needed to cancel before the 15th of the month to get a refund. I emailed again explaining that since my initial subscription didn't end until the end of October and I contacted them on the 11th I should be able to get a refund. I was then told per their policy I only have 30 days to report a box missing. I emailed them a third time telling them that I wasn't missing a box, I received all three of the boxes I paid for. They emailed me back saying I should have gotten a box in July, August, and September. So, the October box is actually the first box in my new subscription. They never attempted to send me a July box, I never received an email saying my July box was being sent (like I did for the other months) so I had no idea I needed to report it missing.

rayk45
10/4/17

I never received anything from this company, I contacted them when my first box didn't arrive. Brittany didn't do anything, gave me 3 page UPS form to fill, and even after that nothing was done. And thereafter they had the nerve to me charge me one more time, and again not deliver. I can understand that stuff gets lost, but at least address the issue before shipping another one out. Never seen a company with a worst customer service. It is a scam, dont get it! They have refunded my money, or sent a replacement.

samanthac107
10/4/17

Don't sign up because even if you cancel your subscription they'll still charge you.
Also the full size products they claim they give is a lie. The 3 month's i was with them I've gotten one full size product that wasn't a color pop liquid lipstick.

valentineb21
9/2/17

My 3-month subscription renewed itself without my knowledge so I made sure to cancel it for the next round....only to have Glossybox renew it automatically. Their response to my email was that I hadn't cancelled in time so they had every right to renew the 3-month subscription and charge me $58.50. They declared the issue 'resolved', I said that it was not resolved. Their response to that: "The matter is resolved." Are you kidding me? What crappy service. Be aware that when you order a subscription with a set time limit, it just means that they'll keep renewing it. Look forward to this company failing.

kaylad21
8/25/17

Do not order from these guys. Their customer service takes WEEKS to get back to you, they put you on auyochaege and will not forward boxes to new addresses. Additionally, I'd recommend IPSY. Their follow up is fantastic, they've replaced shipments lost in the mail
And they follow up with you. NO GLOSSYBOX

kristineh10
7/11/17

Products are tiny, cheap( I can find better products at the dollar tree) and ugly colors! Customer service is horrible! Dont waste your money!!!! If your looking for a great subscription box try boxycharm!

One last thing... they wont post a bad review on their site... Ive tested it.

kh965
7/7/17

My husband gave this to me as a gift. It was kind of fun for the first year (although there were not that many products that I would actually use or buy on my own -- and almost every product was TINY). Suddenly, a few days ago, up pops a "welcome to glossy box" email. The subscription had automatically renewed, without any warning. I emailed saying that I did not want to renew. Customer "service" says simply: that's our policy. Again, there was no warning that this was an automatic renewal. So, I am stuck with another year -- it has gone from somewhat fun to being a trap.

Glossybox list price for the full sized item on their information card, Birchbox does the same thing. Ive only ever been able to get replies from Glossybox on their social media accounts.

By Diana S.

How I got them to answer is I used the review section and copy and pasted my issue on every review and told them I would keep giving lousy reviews until they resolved my issue. That worked, and they did

By Melissa C.
Questions? Get answers from the GLOSSYBOX staff and other customers.

1 Photo for GLOSSYBOX