Review of Ginny's

Tel: 800-282-3829
customerservice@Ginnys.com

judyt127
6/1/19

Loyal customer for over 3 years. Set up auto payment and this past year, they didn't automatically withdrawal from my account for the monthly payment. Collection calls me. I find out the account had been in collections and late fees 200.00 worth of late fees! I called Ginny's asking why there were no phone calls made to me or letter letting me know they stopped autopay! They had no reason for the stop payment! They lied and stated, it's against the law to call in WI! So after an hour of trying to figure the problem, I had to pay the whole amount, 200.00 late fee, And $100 balance! They still want me to call back the week after to close my account because they weren't able to do it that day! My credit report now shows that Ginny's write off the charges as bad debt! Dumb business!

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hello Judy, thank you for sharing your frustrations with us. If there is anything further we can do to assist you with this situation please send an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com with your contact information as well as reference this post. We would be happy to look into your account.
kristenw79
5/20/19

Received a random package in the mail that I did not order. Called customer service and they said the order was placed on a credit account in my name. I have never heard of this company, nor have I ever been to their website. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. Given the numerous other reviews with similar situations, this company should be shut down.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Kristen, thank you for reaching out. We would be happy to help you with this if you have not had this resolved yet. Please email us your contact information and the order number and items you received. You can reach us at socialcs@sccompanies.com. Thanks
patrickc321
5/10/19

i,dont understand ya got my account on hold i,pay my payment every month i,want to no whats wrong.please get back to me.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Patrick, we are sorry for the delay in responding. Please email us your contact information to socialcs@sccompanies.com so we can look into your account and get back to you with the information you requested.
debrar146
3/27/19

As others have noted. I received a letter stating due to the Amy if my order $670 they could not process without advance remittance. Only problem we have NEVER EVER placed an order with Ginny's. They want us to send in a payment form with credit card information. They hit your credit report. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY. Do not reply to the letter.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Debra. We are sorry to hear this. Please send us an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com so we can help you with this order and get a fraud packet out to you. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
luvak
3/12/19

Imagine the surprise to receive correspondence from this company that they could not ship my order until I paid a bill for $133, Never heard of this company and never placed an order. First thought was I was hacked. Called Customer service to hear a recording that I could leave a credit card number. Then I read customer reviews. Evidently this must be a new type of scam!!

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hello Luva, Please send an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com with your contact information so one of our agents can give you a call to discuss this with you. Thanks for reaching out.
calvens
3/12/19

Have never been to this website. In January an RCA 32 inch HDTV was delivered to me from Ginny's that I had not ordered. Shortly thereafter I received a bill for $446 which was $393 for the TV and $57 in shipping and handling. Returned the TV and received credit but now am expected to pay the shipping and handling. Cannot get information from Ginny's as to the order and how it was placed. Further an RCA 32 inch HDTV can be purchased for $129 or less from Walmart or Best Buy. This place charges outrageous amounts for products and then charges 21% interest on top.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hello Calven, we are sorry to hear this. Please send an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com so we can remove the shipping charge from the account and correctly mark this order as Fraudulent. Please reference this post and include your contact information.

Thanks for reaching out!
renk6
3/11/19

Just found this company did a soft pull on my credit report. Have no idea who they are or what they'd be doing inquiring on my credit report-caution is all I have to say. Even a soft pull will be on my report for 2-years. There will be a forthcoming dispute.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hello Ren, thank you for sharing your frustration with us. Please send us an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com to see if there is anything we can do to help you. Please reference this post and include your contact information. Have a great day.
melissaj170
2/28/19

Don't buy from this company. They are crooks. Did a hard credit pull on me and I never even heard of his company before then. Scammers. Scammers. It's clear the company is $#*! when they don't allow for reviews on their Facebook page.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Melissa, we are sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service. We would be happy to look into your complaint. Please email your contact information to socialcs@sccompanies.com, and reference this post, we would be happy to help you. Thanks for reaching out.
johnh1957
2/15/19

I received a bill from Ginny's (supposedly in Monroe, WI) for $982. I've never even heard of this company, let alone ordered from them. I called and asked about it. When given the order# the rep said it was for a television. She then told me I should be concerned that someone has my information and I should check with the three major credit bureaus. Next, she said she would transfer me to their "Loss Prevention Department" so I could make certain the order is cancelled. Guess what...20 minutes on hold and no one ever picked up.

This company is a scam and a fraud.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hello John, we are sorry you did not get through to the Loss Prevention department. Please send us an email at socialcs@sccompanies.com referencing this post, with a good phone number to reach you at and we will have someone from that department reach out. Have a great day.
ronl159
1/28/19

Received bill requesting payment of almost $600 before they would ship my order. No description of the order. Problem is that I never ordered anything from them, in fact I never even heard of them. Contacting BBB.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Ron, We are sorry to hear this. If you have not placed an order but received a bill, please contact us at our loss prevention department, we will be happy to help you with this. 877-998-5872
robertab77
12/22/18

I have purchased from them before and paid with no problems, so they constantly send me catalogs saying I am approved with up to $400 buy now pay later, so I place an order for only $200 of their overpriced items that they said would be here on 12-21 so I expect to get my order, no order so I call and they say I was only approved with 25% down , but they sent no email, no call, no notice and all they could say was were sorry, very bad business I should have been told, it is Dec 22 and had I not called I would have been waiting for presents, now I have to rush out to buy, not a big loss cause I found the same items for ess than half the price, but their customer service SUCKS and they are way over priced

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Roberta, we are very sorry to hear this. We would like to look into your order. Please send us an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com with your contact information so we can take a look and see what happened. Please reference this post as well. Thanks and we have great day!
tarab121
12/6/18

I paid my entire payment for my one time purchase of perfume, and they sent me ANOTHER bill of a LATE FEE, and then more bills. I originally paid around 50 dollars, as my perfume was 42, and now my closed bill states I still owe 40. I won't pay what I clearly do not owe.
It affected my credit score. Incompetent employees shouldn't be handling people's payments. When I called, they refused to drop the charge. This was from 2014. It is still on my credit report.
They did not get the 40 extra dollars they wanted. And will not. Absolutely pathetic, to charge people a fake late fee, after the entire bill was already paid. Keep in mind, this was the company Home@Five, now Ginny's.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Tara. Please send us an email to our team at socialcs@sccompanies.com so we can get this resolved for you. Make sure you include your contact information as well as reference this post. Hope to hear from you soon.
shannonr139
12/5/18

My account required a Down Payment. I have proof payment was made....But the system fodnt process order when made payment. I just thought to call back bcuz wanted to make sure grandbaby would have before Christmas. He will not have a Christmas bcuz of them. The worst customer service and will hang up in your face if don't want to listen to your complaints. They don't notate the account. You have to repeat self Everytime pick up the phone. They have an uncomfortable unconcern attitude.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Shannon, we never want our customers to feel like this. Please send your contact information via email to socialcs@sccompanies.com and reference this post so we can help you get this resolved. Hope to hear from you soon.
gailh141
11/19/18

Most of the items are 30% to 70% higher than I can find at other stores such as Walmart, Amazon, Target etc.

fredm155
11/7/18

They receive payments send email to customers on receiving payment but then they decide we don't want that payment on that card give another, not happening.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Fred, we are sorry to hear you aren't happy with the payment processing. Please send us an email to socialsc@sccompanies.com with your contact information and reference this post so we can look into your account further. Thanks.
karyna5
11/5/18

I have been given 2 gift certificates at different times to spend with Ginny's. When I tried to use them, however, Ginny's told me that they had already been used by someone else and that I could not use them. For the latest one, Ginny's said that they would investigate the situation 3 days ago, but I still have not heard anything back from them. It should not even be possible for someone other than the recipient to use gift certificate -- that has never happened to me with any other company. It makes me wonder whether a Ginny's employee is using valid certificates that are not spent right away. I should be able to spend the amount of both of these certificates (or receive the cash equivalent), and this poor business practice should be changed!

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Karyn, we are sorry this has happened. Please send us an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com with your contact information as well as reference this post so we can look into it further. We will also need the gift certificate numbers so we can follow up on them. We hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
staciet9
11/3/18

I ordered from here to improve my credit because they claimed to report to the 3 credit bureaus and to increase your credit limit after 6 timely payments. After way more than 6 timely payments still no credit increase. I also complained to them about this and that I did not see them on my credit score besides a credit inquiry which made my score go lower. They told me the computer does increases they do not and they could not help me. Also that they only report to credit bureaus when you do not pay so how does that actually help your credit? I almost do not want to pay them another dime because this has to be fraud.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Stacie, thanks for reaching out and sharing your frustration with us. Please email us at socialcs@sccompanies.com referencing this post and including your contact information so we can look into this further. Our credit increase is something our systems do and not a manual request we can make. If there is anything we can do, please email us. Have a great day.
natalier77
9/5/18

I ordered a iPad it wouldn't charge it wouldn't charge I sent it back it cost me 13$ they charged me 30$ for shipping and never told me so I need up paying 40$

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
HI Natalie, if you had trouble charging the product you should have been sent a return label. Please send us an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com with your contact information and reference this post so we can make this right. Thanks!
tiffanym149
8/27/18

I have had a Ginny's account for a little over 2 year's. I have a credit inquiry on my credit report even though I was pre qualified. I have paid off my purchases twice and am currently on my third payoff. Nothing has been reported to the credit bureaus for 100% on time payments, but a inquiry can be reported? I like shopping through this company but this is ridiculous!

nitaf4
8/20/18

I am pleased with the items I received. Thanks for every thing when I had a problem the customer service help me.

allanc78
7/19/18

Every Month since I First ordered on Jan 24th 2018 but my statement is due on the 5th despite me requesting every month to be due on the 20th this has never been done and at this rate i will not ever be able to pay this balance off DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Allen, we apologize for the delay in responding. We want to see what we can do to help you get this resolved. Please send us an email referencing this post and include your contact information to socialcs@sccompanies.com. We hope to hear from you soon.
amandas204
7/17/18

I always pay my bill on time and then Had a Credit like increase tries to order it and was told need money down . Then I thought hat had been corrected when I tried to order again it wasnt and now my available credit is at 0? Wth .. and doesnt report to Credit agency for good credit waste .

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Amanda, we are sorry to hear this. We want to look into your account and see what's going on. Please send us an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com with your contact information so we can look into your account. Please reference this post as well. Thanks for reaching out and we hope to hear from you soon.
nanyamkag
7/10/18

Kept getting hung up on the reps dont care about the customers concerns and no surveys available to hold the reps accountable.

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hi Nanyamka, we are sorry to hear you had this experience with our team. We want to know what we can do to help. Please reply here or send us an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com. Include your name and information we have on file as well as reference this post. We want to help. Thanks for reaching out. We hope to hear from you soon.
kelleym44
6/8/18

I have had a Ginny's account for 4 years. I have always paid on time and recently had to quit my job due to a death in the family so I could take care of my autistic child. I sent them $900.00 from my tax refund in hopes that it would lower my minimum payment from $75 to $25 and they refused to do so! Do not get credit with these people or order anything because their items are way over priced for the products!

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hello Kelley, we are sorry to hear of the death in your family. We would like to see what we can do to help. Please send us a private message or email to socialcs@sccompanies.com with your contact information as well as reference this post we will look into your account to see what can be done. Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. Have a great day and we hope to hear from you soon.
companyf
5/15/18

Bad company don't order from them I never place a order from them got a bill now thay like that it was mistake and bad company rude and don't care reporting them to BBB and any other site

Response from Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Hello. We apologize for any confusion with an order being placed. Please send us an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com so we can look into the order and take the appropriate steps to get this cleared up. Please put your contact information in the email as well as reference this post. We hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.

Hi Brenda, we are sorry to hear this. We would like to help if possible. Please send an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com so we can look into your account and help you better answer the questions you may have. Please reference this post as well as include your contact information. Thanks for reaching out.

By Erin E., Ginny's Representative

Hi Nia, we are not saying that you owe us for taxes. Recently Tax Laws changed and anything that was purchased that shipped to PA, along with a couple other states, we are required to send you the letter we sent you. If you would like more information about this letter, please contact your State Department of Revenue. www.revenue.pa.gov Thanks

By Erin E., Ginny's Representative

Hi Rebecca, You can call and speak with our Credit Department if you would like to ask more specific questions about our Credit Plan. Increases to our Credit Plans are automated and not controlled by our agents. Hope this helps.

By Erin E., Ginny's Representative

HI Joann, We aren't sure what that reference number is referring to. Please give our Customer Service a call with your contact information and we would be happy to help. Or you can send an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com for more assistance.

By Erin E., Ginny's Representative

Hi Sonia, that are a number of reasons an item could say can not ship. If you have a specific item in mind we would be happy to help you look at them in our inventory.

By Erin E., Ginny's Representative

Hi Linda, All orders are subject to a final credit approval. You can call and speak to our Credit Department to get more information if you would like regarding your exact credit limit. Thanks!

By Erin E., Ginny's Representative

Hi Brenda, this is something we are looking into doing in the future however at this time, it is not something we do. Thanks!

By Erin E., Ginny's Representative

Great question Robert. At this time we do not report to the credit bureaus monthly. If you have further questions we would be happy to help. Thanks!

By Erin E., Ginny's Representative

Hello Solomon, Thanks for asking. When smoking meat, the smoking time is not as important as the internal temperature of the meat. You will find that this Ginnys smoker works much faster than traditional smoking methods. Please monitor temperatures closely to avoid undercooked or overcooked food. Was there a specific meat you were looking for? If so you can email us at socialcs@sccompanies.com and reference this post and we would be happy to look into it further for you. Have a great day.

By Erin E., Ginny's Representative

Hi Teresa, great question. We do not report monthly to the credit bureaus. If you would like more information please send us an email to socialcs@sccompanies.com referencing this post and we would be happy to help. Have a great day!

By Erin E., Ginny's Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Ginny's staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Ginny's