Review of Fossil

901 Central Expressway
fossil@fossil.com

mikel584
11/24/18

Wanted to buy a gifts for thanksgiving. The online order could not be completed, fossil.com web popped an error of transaction, asking to call their 1 800 number. But the customer specialist also couldn't help.

So trying a few more times with the same debit card and another card. Still the same, no order could be placed successfully. The biggest shock and surprise, the next day's bank statement showed fossil.com had charged multiple times for the same amount.

DO NOT EVEN THINK OF buying from fossil.com. Good luck!

jessicaw180
1/26/18

Purchased my husbands christmas gift from the Fossil website. Came on time despite busy christmas posts and he loved his watch. Managed to get a $25 discount off it too by using the coupon code SAVMEMORE in conjunction with http://savemoneyoff.com/fossil

Will definitely be purchasing from Fossil again!

claudettec7
12/5/17

I bought earings , and waited for one week , supposely The item was delivered , I sent an email cause i didnt receive nothing , nobody answered , is been 4 days , today i sent another one , still waiting . Smh

brynb
12/5/17

I am amazed how terrible my experience has been. I attempted to order about $1200 in gifts for my staff and will absolutely never try to order anything from Fossil again. The first time I tried to place an order I received an email that said I needed to call them to verify the order. After spending 20 minutes on the phone with a customer service rep who clearly didn't know much, I was told that the order was all set. When my order had not arrived after about a week I called customer service and after getting the run around, I was told that there was an issue with my bank and the order could not be placed. My bank had no record of any attempt by Fossil to charge my card, and I had never received any communication from Fossil about an issue. Of course, by the time I called in, half of the items were sold out online. The rep told me that they did have those in stock at one of their stores (about $600 worth of hand bags) but I was going to have to pay $100 to ship them! I explained that my original order included free shipping and he basically told me, too bad. The other half of my order was still fill-able through the online inventory, so the rep took my alternate cc info (I didn't want to have another issue) and placed my order. Two days go by and I get one bag (of 5 ordered) another 5 days goes by and no additional bags. So I call again. Wait time was 40 minutes! I'm guessing because there service is so horrendous. After 40 mins the rep tells me that they were out of stock and so only the one bag was sent. No email or phone call to let me know, again! I will never, ever, ever order from Fossil again. I recommend you do the same and avoid a HUGE hassle.

randym84
6/16/17

In July of 2016 I purchased a JR1491 watch from the Fossil store in Florence, Italy. Less than a month later the watch began to not keep time so I went back into the store. They said they needed to replace the battery as a first attempt to resolve the issue. So they took it back to the back room and after a while came out and said they did not have the battery so I either needed let them send it in for repair and it would take probably 2 months to come back or check with another watch store in another part of the city. I told them that a less than one month old watch that has stopped and they cannot replace the battery and then me being out of having the watch for a longer period of time than I had even owned it was not acceptable to me. They kept telling me that was the only solution but after a time the manager told me she would exchange it for a watch of equal value or if it was more then I would have to pay the difference. I had no problem with doing that and felt at least they were beginning to try to take care of me. I ended up purchasing the same watch but this one had a metal band so it was 40 euros more. I paid the difference and felt all was good. eight months later I began to have the same problem again. This model is a dual analogue/digital model. The digital model was still doing fine but the analogue part was losing time. The told me the same battery story and took it back to replace the batteries. After about 30 minutes the young lady returned and told me she had the analogue battery replace and it was working find but she needed more time for the other battery and they were busy and I needed to return in the afternoon. There were 3 employees working and the entire time I was there not one other customer even entered the door. This made me suspect of something wrong. I returned in the afternoon and again there was no one in the store but the lady who was there recognized me. The original lady who was working on it in the morning was no where in sight and she told me she would be there until 7:30 p.m.
The lady brought my watch out and said the analogue was fine now but they tried to replace the digital one (which was working) and now it no longer worked at all. I said to her then you are trying to get me to accept back a watch under warranty that you broke? She danced around the issue and finally said they would send it in for me but again 2 months out. I again asked her if that seemed correct in the fact they accepted it to replace the batteries and they in fact broke it in the process and now I am out the watch for who knows how long? She said we will not charge to send it in. Of course not it is under warranty! We continued for a bit debating this and finally she said ok I will do this for you. I will let you purchase another watch in the store except any smart watch at half price. Really! So now I am back to spending more money again to have a working watch that is the second one in 8 months! I told her the last time I had to spend more but at least they gave me full price back against the new one and she is saying only 50% which means I would be spending well over $200 for a $150 watch and maybe get the same thing in less than a year? She locked down her heals and insisted she would do no more so now I have a watch being sent in for no telling how long if ever I will see it again. My suspicion is that I won't get it back until after the warranty is finished and it will be not well repaired and then when it stops again they will say sorry it is out of warranty. I have owned more Fossil watches than I can remember and so has my wife and family and have always had very good luck with them until now. The attitude of the store and even the Fossil client service people I have wrote to simply says they could not care less about customer loyalty and service. Neither Fossil customer service in Italy or the U.S. even tries or respond to my plea for help. The U.S. side said sorry we cannot interfere with the process from other countries. I ask them if they were not an international company like they claimed and got the answer, "sorry you are not satisfied with our answer". So for all you Fossil owners out there beware. If you have a problem the best thing to do is trash the watch and go buy something else. You will be treated like a low life with no respect at all from the company. If you have not purchased a Fossil yet, DON'T! I need a watch but all my money for one is tied up in this mess and no end in sight. May have to spring for a cheap Timex!

claytonr10
12/21/16

These guys have some fantastic products! I have a fossil watch & a fossil pair of sunglasses, and bought some clothes there too. I get compliments on them all the time. People love them. I went to a job interview brandishing a fossil watch & a vest I bought there. My interviewer said "I like your watch, what brand is it?" I told him "Fossil... the same brand that makes this vest." He said "Wow that's cool I'll have to go there sometime". Yes, I did get the job.

nessaf1
9/29/15

My fossil watch is nearly a year old, still in great condition my only criticism is the rose gold has slightly disappeared in the corner crevices near the face of the watch but then again I never take it off, not even when I sleep lol.

nickyg1
3/31/14

If you are buying a watch and hope to have it for more than 3 years DO NOT GET A FOSSIL ALSO NEVER EVER SEND IT TO THEIR AUTHORISED REPAIR CENTRE!
I collect(ED) Fossil watches. Recently I had 3 requiring maintenance. 2 leather strapped ones and one Limited Edition Swarovski crystal watch I bought a watch in Vegas in Fashion Show Mall in 2006. A few months ago I took them to an official Fossil store in Kalverstraat Amsterdam (EU). The assistant Stephane was fabulous. She said the leather straps she'd enquire about and I can keep the watches but the Swarovski with 2 stones missing (out of like 50 stones) - would need to be sent to France to see if they could repair it. I said that's fine, if they can't do it I will take the watch to Swarovski to see if they can help but as it's a Fossil watch (of huge sentimental value), I thought I'd check with Fossil first.

I was told it could take a month to get back to me but said that was fine - I'm in Amsterdam every month for like 10 days so it's not an issue. Whilst I was away Fossil called my office and told the receptionist my watches were sorted though one could not be fixed and they were offering me a replacement watch. I had no idea which one they were talking about so went to the store. One of the leather watches (fantastic strap - only produced by Fossil 2003) was no longer available (pls note the only feature of this watch is the strap which is not commercially available) so effectively that watch is now unwearable/totalled (despite the huge sentimental value I attached to this item in my "collection"as well). This is NOT the watch I was offered a "replacement"for (I was offered nothing for this as "it's an old watch") .... The other strap (thankfully) was available EUR35 charged.

NOW my lovely Limited Ed Swarovski which was after 8yrs in PERFECT condition aside from 2 little missing stones. Apparently this was the one they could not find the stones for and were offering me a replacement watch to the value I'd bought it for (can't even remember amount but don't care as I wanted my watch). In all honesty initially I thought they were offering me a watch to apologise for the fact that they could/would not repair 2 of my collection but obviously this is not how they work.

I told them I just want my watch back and to my utter surprise was told my watch was not there but still in the repair warehouse in France. I told them to get it back for me (as I planned to take it to Swarovski to see if they'd cut 2 little stones for me). I was told it could take a few weeks and I said this was fine I'd get it when i'm next in town.

Obviously as my watch only had 2 stones missing (never noticeable to strangers), held huge sentimental value and perfect otherwise I asked for my watch back (I didn't want a new one) so waited a month again.

This weekend (30 March 2014) - a colleague collected it for me as I couldn't make it to the store (please note all forms stated 2 missing stones). When I opened the pouch this morning I was devastated- the watch is totally trashed >70% of stones missing & face damage/chips. It was like I'd been punched in the stomach. I don't even think this is my watch that's been returned as it looks like a scrap. My colleague didn't know what she was collected when she went to get it. The repair form clearly stated 2 missing stones (ONLY 2) -but there are tons of tiny crystals along the sides and then obv the bigger crystals at top and bottom (of which i had originally missed 1 on each side) but now almost all of them are missing and the face is badly chipped and scratched. This watch was bought when I was with my best friend. She passed away from cancer 2 years ago and I absolutely treasured it so am very distraught right now. Surely Fossil realises people attach value other than monetary to their items - how could they do this???

I called the store in tears and spoke to Sandy and the store manager Roy who told me these watches don't exist at all any more and they are not sure what to do as i'm insisting I get my watch back in the original state I gave to them - also being Limited Ed it makes it even worse that they totally ruined it! I also didn't just take it to any old repair store as this is a FOSSIL item and surely their repair centre would be best.

I used to be the biggest brand ambassador for Fossil but with this will NEVER EVER buy or recommend Fossil products again. I am honestly STUNNED beyond words on multiple levels here:
a) they stop making/doing repairs on watches that are over X years (wish someone had told me that - I would never have bought the leather strapped watches at all)
b) they treat your/their Limited Edition watches coming in for maintenance/repair like trash and with complete disregard of any meaning it might hold for the owner
c) they couldn't even be bothered offering a gesture of goodwill for the watches they can't/won't stock repair items for
d) they offer you a replacement store watch for a Limited Ed watch you've had for 8 years which they can't replace 2 stones on and expect you will take an ordinary store watch AND don't bother returning your excellent condition Ltd Ed watch
e) when you tell them you don't want to pick (any old) replacement/new watch (who gives a damn about money when there's only 2 stones missing and 8 years of amazing experiences attahced) - they tell you it will take a month to come back
f) when you get it back (knowing they were unable to repair it and knowing there are only a few left IN THE WORLD) - it looks like someone went at it with a hammer and chisel (even the face is chipped)

I am totally appalled and devastated and think FOSSIL need to clearly tell their customers, their watches are only repairable if they under 3 years old. If I had known this I don't think I would ever have bought them.

Questions? Get answers from the Fossil staff and other customers.

Fossil?