eBid

eBid has a consumer rating of 2.42 stars from 140 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. eBid also ranks 34th among Auction sites.

• Their customer service is way more better than ebay and a lot faster.
  • I bought 2 items totalling £93.85 from a seller on the eBid Internet auction site.

• Ebid is a load of crap, just a cheap version of Ebay.
  • I purchased the lifetime membership for $49.99, Set up my web page and listed one Item.
How would you rate eBid?

“EBid sales vs eBay sales”

John R.
1/24/20

I have been an eBay member since 1996 and a member of eBid for about a year. I sell as many items on eBay as I do with eBid. The only difference is that eBay charges about 10% plus listing fees and eBid charges 3%, no listing fees. Over the years, I have watched eBay decline in sales, increase costs and make the rules so complex it was no fun to work on eBay any more. It used to be great. Now I am working on both platforms and find that eBid is about the same in terms of complexity. Now I do working at cultivating customers and guiding them to my items. If you do not do that, neither will work.

“Back & forth with seller... no luck.”

Phil D.
3/3/20

I recently purchased an antique railroad figurine from a seller on ebid and have yet to receive it, or even a response to my inquiries. I'm hopeful Paypal will be able to help because ebid is only sending canned responses. Can't recommend this site unfortunately.

ebay (73) customer service (12) lifetime membership (13) auction site (11) seller (63) utility bill (7) items (54) credit card (6) phone number (4) customer support (4) 2 years (5) 50 bucks (3)
jerryh192
May 28th, 2018
Look out eBay here comes eBid. I have no complaints with eBid; I hope this site becomes more popular. There is more balance of seller and buyer protection as opposed to all buyer protection. Much lower selling fees.

Tip for consumers: There is more balance of seller and buyer protection as opposed to all buyer protection. Much lower selling fees.

tomj401
May 14th, 2019
EBID is a great selling site. Been a member for a couple of years, a lot lower fees than Ebay I have no complaints, hope more people discover Ebid
ashleyk44
April 27th, 2016
ebid.net is way superior to ebay as a seller I was getting ripped off on ebay through fees almost 10% of items worth went to ebay on Final value fee, plus a shipping fee, plus paypal fee and variable listing fee. What I've seen so far it's max. 3% free to list and unlimited listings which is a big plus as well. I've been spreading the word about ebid.net I am so happy with this site over ebays corporate greed sickening.

Tip for consumers: Get out of ebay it's a money racket

brianm292
August 2nd, 2017
I have had 80 listings at 1 time for over 3 years. Not1 sale. Same items on ebay etsy. Sold I was threatened many times to login or they will remove, in the end sad to say i had to say goodbye. Shame it all looked good but by now they should be pushing the big boys but seems they have got worse.
jans105
June 28th, 2016
I like Ebid, been a member for over a year. Have thousands of items listed and have sold items on this site. I accept payment in the form of Pay Pal, Money Order, and Checks. Support is great and they answer your concern as fast as they can with great results. I am a satisfied seller on Ebid.net and not sorry I tried it.
anniea11
May 28th, 2015
I have been selling for many years through eBay, mostly 2nd hand items. I used to do well, but since a couple of years it felt more and more eBay is just a platform for businesses. Private sellers get stung over and over with fees.
So I decided to switch to eBid. I am not making millions, but I sell and from what I make I don't have to give 30% away.
It's easy to use, the people are friendly. I have nothing to complain about.
tonyf23
November 7th, 2014
I bought 2 items totalling £93.85 from a seller on the eBid Internet auction site. The items were excellent and arrived next day by Recorded Delivery. I am very pleased with the excellent service I had from this seller. Also the site is easy to use, you can pay with an existing PayPal account as well as other means and the site has a wide range of items available for sale. Buying here is a pleasure.

I am also a seller on eBid and find that my items sell well. The cheap fee structure is very attractive.
sarif
February 9th, 2015
I tried eBid after using eBay for years. I may switch! There are no fees unless you sell and that is only 3%. It is easy to list and you can import listings from other sites.

Tip for consumers: Try it free for a while, you can upgrade to get more things like buy it now for listings.

peterh93
May 21st, 2015
Superb easy and cheap to use, no rip off ebay fees. No silly restrictions on your adverts and pictures. If you list at a fair price people will offer or buy outright, you just have to be patient. No good if you need to earn a weekly wage, but fantastic to list all your stuff and just wait.
I have been on there about eighteen months and sold over 70 items total about £1500 that's £80 a month. Won't pay the mortgage that's why I have a job but it's a nice bonus income.
I have nearly 500 items listed now. All the works done, just a case of checking your emails daily, easy money. None of the feebay rat race rush.
The only thing that all the bad reviewers rant on about is how many visits they get, don't expect so many and you won't be disappointed you idiots.
Also if you put an item up as an auction knowing you won't get many visits your also an idiot.
If you list an item at silly money don't expect it to sell you idiots.
I suggest all the idiots should just stick together and carry on making a mess of ebay.
Leave all the decent relaxed folk to enjoy the freedom and ease of eBid.:-)

Tip for consumers: Check the feedback, you can soon tell if your dealing with a genuine honest and committed seller. If the feedback is poor walk out the door.
Simples !

jennym18
August 18th, 2013
Ive been selling on and off on ebid for over 4 years now. Casually to start and now a little more seriously. I paid an upfront fee of about fifty bucks I think. I pay nothing to list and about 2% when an items sells. My things are sent to Google shopping for free which helps sales. Not sure why the site gets slammed when someone buys off a bad seller. Check feedback guys before making a purchase.
mikev31
July 13th, 2015
Don't be shy give Ebid a try no silly fees to pay like ebay.
ginnyg1
March 13th, 2011
I'm a seller on ebid and have been there for about 2 1/2 years. I sell collectibles and their fees are extremely fair. Support answers your inquiry within 24-48 hours and the response is not canned like at the bay. You actually get a live individual to respond. Listing an item is easy with their 'default listing' option. Sales are increasing and as more sellers find us the variety of items is growing. I'm happy I found this site to sell my collectibles on.
sw344
June 7th, 2014
Hey people. If you have a problem with a store in a mall, do you go to the mall management and expect the mall to do something about it? Why do you expect a "Web Mall" to do something about your problem with one of the stores in it?
Get real!
factuals
March 12th, 2011
Absolutely the best support staff of any online auction site. You normally get a personal response within a short time to any inquiry, not just a form letter. A huge variety of items listed by reputable sellers at fair prices. Extremely low fees for sellers, which often translates into lower prices for buyers. Quite easy site to navigate, and chat forums afe filled with knowledgable, helpful and friendly people. Gotta love this place!
craigw20
November 19th, 2014

Tip for consumers: There may be a few bad sellers, but don't let that put you off, this site is easy to use and it is very friendly

williamp59
December 10th, 2014
Ebid is the bomb... better than that other site you know the one... love the ebid and only shop here and stopped useing the other place
scotchebidderc
March 12th, 2011
Started selling on ebid just under 3 years ago have just over 300 FB gained on sales my buyers tell me they find me via google products the site is easy to use the odd time i have needed assistance from support, there answering my questions within a couple of hours with a reply thats directly personal to my question, the site is very strong on security for its buyers and sellers scammers are not tolerated, looking forward to the spring season, onwards and upwards eBid
elainel3
April 22nd, 2012
I have been delighted with eBid both as a seller and a buyer. I've been there almost four years and I have never had a bad experience.

The site is growing rapidly, management is careful to screen out and control dishonest sellers AND buyers, only one account per address (keeps the dodgy people out), no duplicate listings (so I don't have to plow through pages of junk to find what I'm looking for), many payment options, worldwide exposure.

I have noticed that some of the people giving the site bad reviews did not follow the proper procedures to get help. I also know that some of these problems will not be handled by any other auction site. Try getting help on eBay if a buyer rips you off! Buyers always have recourse (they can get their money back).
jases1
July 26th, 2012
I have been a seller (and occasional buyer) on eBid.net for the last two years and haven't had any difficulties whatsoever. The folks on the forums are extremely helpful & friendly and whenever I have contacted Gazza (the big boss) over a concern, I've received a reply within day (most often within a few hours). I feel bad for those folks who have had issues using the site. If you simply utilize the forums, most problems can be resolved.

Sure, it would be better if sales could be more brisk, but I can understand if the casual shopper doesn't want to give them a chance, after coming here and seeing the bile-fueled-hate-rants against eBid.net. Kinda makes you wonder who would gain from all that fear mongering... maybe a faceless behemoth that doesn't give a rat's rear about it's members (the sellers OR the buyers) and ONLY cares about squeezing every last dime out of it's members? But I digress...

Bottom line, for those who have had problems with sellers on eBid in the past (and this goes for ALL buying sites, e.g., ebay, amazon marketplace, etc), PLEASE check your seller's activity record and/or feedback. If the person hasn't been doing SOMETHING on there in say, the last 3 months, it might be a good sign they've forgotten about it and moved on. That's how our short attention span society seems to work (or not work, as is the case here). Do your homework. Find the good sellers. There's lots of us on there and we'd be more than happy to prove to you that eBid.net is a great alternative!
mauricec
March 13th, 2011
I sell and buy in both Ebid and Ebay.
Ebid in a permanent basis.
Ebay in occasional basis, (when there are Free Listing days) given their fees.
As i use Paypal the problems that sometimes arise have been always sorted.
My sales in Ebid are OK, considering my pricing policy.
I have contacted Ebid owners without any problem and they've been efficient.
emilys3
March 2nd, 2011
I love ebid.net. It is a very user friendly site with great customer support. The forums have lots of friendly people and knowledgeable threads to help you get started. I have been selling and buying here for over 2 years and would highly recommend it to anyone.
sherrys10
November 2nd, 2013
After dreadful experience of ebay and paypal, I am pleased to find this alternative listing website. Better website, better organised, not bloated with hidden pit fall traps, easy to communicate with sellers, easy to customise transactions, more interesting range of quality from special interest collectors

GOOD RIDDANCE EBAY

----------------------

I'm leaving a second review having noticed what appears to be bogus reviews, probably from ebay employees at a guess. I would have little doubt ebay managers would be so dishonest as to do fraud.

On ebid, Sellers do not have to pay an upfront fee to list, at all. That is an up front option for no future seller fees and some sort of seller privileges.

New sellers can join free and pay nominal seller fees, 3% (?) which is vastly superior terms than the 15% or so which ebay gouges

As its possible to run a listing for 90 days on ebid (A SUPERIOR FEATURE TO EBAY) there is the obvious problem which could occur, bidding and paying for an item and the seller is unavailable in which case a refund would be done with paypal

As a seller can run a listing for 90 days on ebid, that is a great advantage to seasonal sellers who don't have the time to mess around with those bloated sucky ebay relisting forms when peak demand is time consuming
jima3
March 12th, 2011
Ebid is an awesome Alternative to ebay. I am just able to sell products on there as I am on the bay. I also had no problems with sellers there and have always received items just as described.

I see a lot of smaller sellers on ebid and hopefully soon much larger sellers will make the move like I did.

If you are a seller you will love the low low low fees. If you are a buyer you will love love love the low prices because of lower fees. Its a win win!
johnt158
January 29th, 2014
ALL THE BAD COMENTS ABOUT EBID IS FROM PEOPLE WHO WORK AT EBAY!

I make over 300$ on ebis a month
annes12
June 21st, 2012
I am a new seller on both Ebay and Ebid.

I started off with Ebay about a week ago, and found it to be far far too expensive to sell on! And with so many scammers (both buying and selling), and with people creating shilling accounts to bid on their own items, I decided to look for other options.
After searching extensively I came across a hub page recommending Ebid and read through all the comments highly recommending them.
I signed up, and now I will never sell on Ebay again!

The website is user friendly, the prices are very fair on the seller, and the security is top notch. The strict rules around selling and buying, and all the checks they do, very effectively weeds out all the dodgy buyers and sellers.
And because you are limited to only one account, this instantly stops shillers in their tracks.
The atmosphere is also very friendly and helpful. In general, the people selling and buying are nicer to each other. It's a wonderful and drastic difference to Ebay!

When I came on here, I was surprised to see them with anything less than a 5 star rating... and then I read through all the reviews.
Many of the reviews here, on closer inspection, seem to from people who are either too stupid to read the rules before they sign up, selling goods that are not allowed to be sold on Ebid (for good reason), or are just straight up taking bad with it being so much more secure than Ebay is.
The only people who could have a problem with Ebid, are people who are too used to getting their scam on at Ebay, regular shillers, or people who are too institutionalised with Ebay to adapt to something different.

But for us honest sellers and buyers out there, I highly recommend Ebid, and will be spreading the word to my friends and family:)
No review extortion from bad buyers, no more scamming, no more low rate sellers.
Long may it continue!

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E.
See more answers (4)

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. EBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r.

It was probably a scam to you

By sabita m.

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net. I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F.

Go to my ebid. Then go to the very bottom of the page and click contact us. on the next page after clicking contact us look at ebid help desk option then open a support ticket.

By Mr W.

I buy from the UK site being Uk based and there are loads of US sellers on their. Whilst some of their products are reasonable the postage is what stops sales. And some items will carry customs duty. I think the Govt of our respected countries are taking the piss. After costs it's not worth bothering to sell anything. Esp second hand goods. I buy it brand new I pay V. A. T. All good accept that. So why do you who buys from me the same item second hand have to pay V. A. T. Again? And it's not even at a reduced rate. This snowballs to whoever sells that item on. I think the govt's are defrauding us to perfectly hones. It's BS

By Richard F.

Why slow sales?

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

eBid. The Worlds Online Auction Marketplace. Buy & sell just about anything in our free listing auction and fixed price environment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBid?

Have a question about eBid?