Review of eBid

382 NE 191st St #42012
Miami, FL 33179-3899, United Kingdom

tonyf23
11/7/14
I bought 2 items totalling £93.85 from a seller on the eBid Internet auction site. The items were excellent and arrived next day by Recorded Delivery. I am very pleased with the excellent service I had from this seller. Also the site is easy to use, you can pay with an existing PayPal account as well as other means and the site has a wide range of items available for sale. Buying here is a pleasure.

I am also a seller on eBid and find that my items sell well. The cheap fee structure is very attractive.
jessiem34
10/24/14
ebid is OK but been on ebid for 2 years and haven't sold a thing.
imperiale
8/21/14
I was looking for another auction site to sell on after becoming disillusion with ebay (basically I got sick of paying they fees) I did a search for alternatives to ebay and came across ebid and after I did a bit of research (very little if you want the truth I just find out it was cheaper then ebay and you can read the rest) I decided to sign up I put up some items that was popular on ebay and after a week I didn't get one view (from the supposedly second largest auction site in the UK) so I went into there forums to see if I was doing something wrong the friendly sellers (at first) told me to buy a seller+ account so I can offer buy now and make me a offer and to put my items up for 5 or 7 days with 10 repost and I should put it up for the price I want for it because there no bidding wars on ebid so I brought the seller+ (stupidly) and did everything there said and still no views I went back into the forums to see if anybody else was having the same problem as me and that when these friendly sellers turn verminous they just abuse me and told me the reason I wasn't selling is because I put it up cheaper on ebay (what they told me to put it up for the price I wanted to get for it because they was no bidding wars on ebid) when I responded back with the only reason it's cheaper on ebay is because it attracts more buyers witch could lead to a bidding war and I could end up with getting more then what I expected to get for it I got ban from the forums for promoting another auction site (ridiculous) so if your thinking about going to ebid then be prepared to not get any views or sales (no matter how descriptive the auction title is or how well the items are describe hell I even tried to offer more payment options still nothing) and when you do experience this please don't go into the forums and criticize the lack of sales because all you going to get is all these ebid sellers claiming they sold thousands of items this month (or whatever month you decide to criticize the lack of sales) and how they make a thousand pounds a month and save thousands of pounds in fees (if that was true then why do all those ebid sellers still sell on ebay) and they would also try to convince you to put your item up for cheaper to encourage sales (mainly because they want to buy your item cheaper on ebid and sell it for twice the money on ebay) so keep your £49.99 for seller+ because you probably ain't going to live long enough to recuperate it
anthonya25
6/14/14
many times I cannot access my store on ebid.net. They block sign on for no reason whenever they like. They show little respect for paying B2B customers. Sad.
sw344
6/7/14
Hey people. If you have a problem with a store in a mall, do you go to the mall management and expect the mall to do something about it? Why do you expect a "Web Mall" to do something about your problem with one of the stores in it?
Get real!
craigb32
5/18/14
I have been on ebids for a year in the USA as a paid 49.99 premier member might I add. While the sight does get traffic, I have not sold one thing. This sight is more popular and very good in the UK.
I buy and sell many high value items, in that array I am very experienced with online payments and policies. The protection from fraud on this sight is terrible. My only protection was using a credit card or paypal to protect my money through disputes for items not received. I like this sight and hate Ebay but until they make improvements to protection from fraud it seems to be a waste of time. I have been selling online since 1999 so I am no novice to google key words and descriptive titles etc.
jamesg78
5/6/14
Ebid is not a good website I tried it and it's not good at all. They made me show them my ID and I did then they start asking for more info but I don't have it I live with my parents and there's nothing I can do. So they just won't let me log in. Terrible website
lisaf39
3/20/14
Will, never return, sucked up my 60 dollars had to pay for items and were cheap as could be...
vijays4
3/4/14
bazalr
2/10/14
Terrible site, I swear some of the listed items are computer generated to artificially boost their listing numbers? By all means NEVER, open a sellar account, they charge your credit card whether you have active items listed, or not. I tried to get an answer as to why they charged my CC when I didn't even have any active listings? Then my account got "suspended" for violating their policy? Cmon, suddenly someone tried to expose their scheme and they lock you out. No forum access, nothing. Finally had to to do a Charge back on my CC.
I am a long time ebay seller for over 10 years and have also got fed up with. Tried ebid, let me tell you its worse then ebay, I don't like using ebay but after trying ebid, Ill glady go back to ebay. So looks like its ebay still until something better comes along but its NOT ebid.

I did some more research and found that ebid is actually a limited company, yet their mail is directed C/O via another business to an individual? Do the research yourself, this is a flybynight operation
STAY AWAY!!!!!

i
nickt26
2/6/14
Scam site!! Becareful especially when you sign up for the 1 month plan, they dont tell you they charge recurring on it. So I was charge on the 30th day on my credit card for the next month subscription. I email their support about it and they wouldnt refund me. This site I believe has no traffic so I didnt make not one sale the whole month there. So dont even waste your time and money especially with the lifetime subscription as you will make no sales, will be a big waste of money. And also they would delete your listing without even notifying you, you would think they'll at least send a notice to your email to notify you but no they dont so you wouldnt know what you still have running. All in all, its a scam site. Dont waste your time or money, and they wont refund you either even if you caught it in time.
johnt158
1/29/14
ALL THE BAD COMENTS ABOUT EBID IS FROM PEOPLE WHO WORK AT EBAY!!

I make over 300$ on ebis a month
royj11
1/19/14
Really? How do you list the most popular action figure line of all time and not even get a view? Never mind a bid! I threw up some vintage Star Wars figures. I figured I would try with that as a test because I mean it is arguably the most popular action figure line ever. I posted a vintage figure along with a cardback and a cardback maker cd and started it at 4.00.. 4.00!!!! NO Bids..No Views!! Mind you these were popular figures Luke, IG 88 etc.. Now I know why they let you become a lifetime seller with no fees for 50 bucks
wardj3
12/19/13
I wish I had seen this before I spend my $37.50 what a waste of money that will turn out to be I am sure that in a year I will not get anything sold. Ebay can make me angry at times but at least stuff gets sold there.
vixh
12/15/13
I have sold thousands of items on ebay and NOTHING ON EBID.
ALL THE GOOD REVIEWS ON HERE ARE FROM EBID STAFF, DONT BE FOOLED BY THEM.
Their customer service is terrible too. WASTE OF MONEY.
I HATE ebay, i think all sellers do but at least you make the sales.
ADVICE..... if you want to try it for yourself then list one thing at a silly low price and see what happens.... I bet a month later you still won't have sold it! DO NOT BUY THE LIFETIME SELLER OPTION ITS THROWING MONEY AWAY!!! just try to sell one thing and see for yourself its a waste of time! better to loose 50p than £50!!
edwardw19
12/11/13
Attention E-Commerce Sales people!
If you value your privacy and want to protect your identity from theft
DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO EBID!

My Fellow citizens, as an internet salesman I recently subscribed to an online auction site known as eBid.
I purchased the lifetime membership for $49.99,
Set up my web page and listed one Item. The next day I signed into my account to list more items. I was denied access to my sellers account until I provided the site with a photo copy of my drivers license and a recent copy of a utility bill. The site did not specify that this information would be secure from identity theft. In this request they did not give a creditable reason as to why they were asking for this sensitive information. Most people know that you should never send this kind of information over the internet. After my wife and I have been victims of on-line identity theft I cannot allow myself to be victimized again by on-line hackers and thieves.
I was unable to cancel my subscription and cannot cancel my subscription until I provide a copy of my driver license and utility bill. Now is that not a load of crap or what!?

The onemore disturbing issue I have with this subscription is that while enrolling into their program they did not request this information nor did they inform me that they would at a later date. I was not aware of this potentially fraudulent request of private information till the next day after they deducted the
$49.99 from my PayPal account. Had I known that they would request this information on line I would not have subscribed to the website, I believe that they know this and that most people will do the same as I would have, in order to protect their selves from on-line identity theft.
In my experience with online sales and banks such as with eBay, Skooch, the Toy peddler, Amazon.com, PayPal, CitiBank, and Wells Fargo, I have not once been asked to send a photo copy of my drivers license and utility billing information to these companies.

My disgust with this companys policies led me to do some market research and fond that they misrepresented their selves in areas of potential customer flow, a user friendly program and they charged me .15 cents to list the photo of the product I was selling. The membership agreement with eBid clearly states that there would be no sellers fees ever with this subscription.

Is it a user friendly program?
I am an on line ecommerce salesman with over three years of experience, I found that their program was rather difficult to use for setting up an on-line auction.
My positive feedback transfer from my eBay website was impossible to do. I was unable to complete this action.

Note that eBid is an online market website based in the U.K. So if theres an issue of fraud and or identity theft and you live in the USA, you will not be able to recover lost or stolen funds nor will you be able to stop your identity from being exploited by on-line pirates.
There is no way to guarantee that eBid will not disclose your personal information to foreign governments and marketing agencies.

Furthermore, as this $49.99 fee is a membership, PayPal cannot reimburse my lost funds from this scandalous on-line company for services that this website did not provide as they claimed to do.
This company encourages people to sign on with a $49.99 lifetime membership and claims that they are a better on-line sales website than eBay, yet eBay does not ask for a membership fee and does not request sensitive private and personal information.

Membership services
If I have a problem with my site, I can call eBay and get one-on- one help with any issue 7 days a week.
This is not the case with eBid, They offer no help outside of their incomplete and vague Help Forum.
The bottom line is this; if you care about protecting yourself from potential identity theft and fraud DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS OFFSHORE On-Line Market Place.
amarataniiar
12/9/13
STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE I PURCHASED A PHONE OFF HERE A SMARTPHONE SENT 100 OR SO POUNDS TO THE SELLER AND HE DISAPPEARED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH I DIDNIT GET MY MONEY BACK AND WAS TOLD I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! THIS WEBSITE IS FULL OF SCAMMERS USE EBAY!
sherrys10
11/2/13
After dreadful experience of ebay and paypal, I am pleased to find this alternative listing website. Better website, better organised, not bloated with hidden pit fall traps, easy to communicate with sellers, easy to customise transactions, more interesting range of quality from special interest collectors

GOOD RIDDANCE EBAY

----------------------

I'm leaving a second review having noticed what appears to be bogus reviews, probably from ebay employees at a guess. I would have little doubt ebay managers would be so dishonest as to do fraud.

On ebid, Sellers do not have to pay an upfront fee to list, at all. That is an up front option for no future seller fees and some sort of seller privileges.

New sellers can join free and pay nominal seller fees, 3% (?) which is vastly superior terms than the 15% or so which ebay gouges

As its possible to run a listing for 90 days on ebid (A SUPERIOR FEATURE TO EBAY) there is the obvious problem which could occur, bidding and paying for an item and the seller is unavailable in which case a refund would be done with paypal

As a seller can run a listing for 90 days on ebid, that is a great advantage to seasonal sellers who don't have the time to mess around with those bloated sucky ebay relisting forms when peak demand is time consuming
jeffj14
11/1/13
Took my $50 for lifetime listing membership. I spent considerable time putting up listings, which go NO interest. They then deleted my listings stating I didn't log in and check on them often enough. Hours of time wasted! They get no traffic and just rip you off for the $50. Ask for a refund and they tell you it's past the refund period. BS!! Terrible! Stay with Ebay or use something else.
sukib1
10/2/13
I have been selling quality merchandise on the internet for nearly 2 decades, on several websites, and have found that Ebid is by far the worst of them all. They have absolutely no interest in promoting sales for the sellers and are only concerned with getting money from advertisers. Moreover, they will constantly delete legitimate auctions, without any notice, and for absolutely no reason whatsoever ~ thereupon removing all photos and descriptions. Sellers who have been with them for many years are so infuriated and frustrated with them, that they are all leaving like rats fleeing a sinking ship. Do not waste your time, money and effort on this disastrous so-called auction website. They are by far the very worst and will not last much longer.
charlesr17
9/29/13
I am a seller on this site, or at least I would be if anybody actually purchased anything on there. It is my belief that the site is genuine, there will always be con men willing to use sites like this to scam people, ebay are well established and used to the scams and have learned how to beat them, or at least compensate losses when they occur, but lets face it, ebay can afford it, it costs a fortune to sell on there. I would like to see ebid survive, I think it is about time ebay had some serious competition.
js83
9/26/13
BEWARE - Terrible site! No way to contact them - no phone and you have to view tons of FAQ's pages to see if there is an answer to your question. I purchased an item, did not receive it and had to dispute it on my credit card and through PayPal to get my money back. First and last experience with EBID. I would NEVER use them again!
jennym18
8/18/13
Ive been selling on and off on ebid for over 4 years now. Casually to start and now a little more seriously. I paid an upfront fee of about fifty bucks I think. I pay nothing to list and about 2% when an items sells. My things are sent to Google shopping for free which helps sales. Not sure why the site gets slammed when someone buys off a bad seller.. check feedback guys before making a purchase.
mikeb114
7/28/13
I would say stay away. I purchased something on this site and the seller disappeared into the wind. Of course, I received no item. The site said that I need to deal with paypal to get my money back. At least dealing with ebay, I know that paypal is part of the same company and I have a chance of getting my money back. The people at ebid.net knew this was a scam and never notified me.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!
ernestd5
7/17/13
I joined eBid.net on Fri. 7/12/2013. I only paid for the 30-day status. I like that I can list any item for free. I only pay a 2% final value fee when the item is sold. Here are some more advantages as well as disadvantages:

Pros: choosing "Run Until Sold" option for auction item, getting many views for selling famous brand items, clarity and organization of information on website, low seller fees unlike eBay

Cons: lack of buyers, more people who view your items but do not buy, eBid as a private auction website

eBid came out in the late 90's. But, it is still not as popular as eBay is. I honestly understand why. But, it has to take someone (maybe that person would be me) to make a positive difference and bring more good buyers and sellers on eBid.

I really want to see eBid grow. But, in order for that to happen, the company would have to work as hard as eBay does. Two suggestions for eBid are:

1. advertising on TV, YouTube, social media, etc.

2. selling better and more famous items that most people like and willingly buy
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E.

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. eBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r.

It was probably a scam to you

By sabita m.

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net . I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F.

go to my ebid. then go to the very bottom of the page and click contact us. on the next page after clicking contact us look at ebid help desk option then open a support ticket.

By Mr W.

I buy from the UK site being Uk based and there are loads of US sellers on their. Whilst some of their products are reasonable the postage is what stops sales. And some items will carry customs duty. I think the Govt of our respected countries are taking the piss. After costs it's not worth bothering to sell anything. esp second hand goods. I buy it brand new I pay V.A.T. all good accept that. So why do you who buys from me the same item second hand have to pay V.A.T. again? and it's not even at a reduced rate. this snowballs to whoever sells that item on. I think the govt's are defrauding us to perfectly hones. It's BS

By Richard F.

Questions? Get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

5 Photos for eBid