Review of eBid

382 NE 191st St #42012
Miami, FL 33179-3899, United Kingdom

kadishaw
7/3/13
I purchased a replacement Macbook charger from a seller username "macbookcharger". The charger came and did not work, i posted a comment to the seller that the charger did not work. The seller told me to return it and they will refund the $21.95 (with no help from the seller on a return label, RMA, or shipping costs for a BROKEN product, all of which i had to take care of on my own). The product was delivered a week ago according to the tracking number from the post office, and i STILL have not received a refund. Furthermore, eBid offers no way to report sellers, or ensure that returns and/or exchanges are handled efficiently and fairly. DO NOT buy from eBID, it was my first and last time doing so.
cbz
6/13/13
I don't understand all of the negative comments for eBid.net. These users must be doing something against their rules to be having so many problems. I've been a user since 2009 & have had very few problems & almost all of them were related to delinquent buyers; but, I've also had numerous great buyers. Any problems I've had site related were immediately (always within 24 hours, most times sooner) addressed & corrected by Admin (so unlike eBay...& don't even think about iOffer!). Everything I've ever purchased on eBid, I've received exactly as described and within times stated. The only real problem with them is few buyers because they don't advertise in the US & most people just don't know about them while everyone knows of eBay.

eBay certainly has it's share of unscrupulous sellers who sell falsely described, flat out fakes (gotten caught in that one three times so far in my 12 years on it) & you'll wait forever for a response from them. They will also favor their BIG sellers over buyers who have a legitimate honest problem.

EXAMPLE: I purchased a Men's Woolrich Flannel Shirt, New with Tags, stated 2X. What arrived was this shirt in 2X TALL, STATED ON THE CLEARLY VISIBLE TAGS ON THE FRONT OF THE SHIRT, BUT NOT DISPLAYED IN PIX OR DESCRIPTION.
Other sellers had these listed also, but stated when it was a TALL (and this does make a difference). When I left accurate & honest feedback, the SELLER HAD IT REMOVED!! The truth is the truth, just that simple - the site shouldn't back a seller just because they are a money maker for them. I had all the proof eBay needed, but the big seller won.

My final plea advised I would close my account if not supported by their buyer protection plan, which apparently fell on deaf ears ... & "Square Trade" never even responded. I closed my account.

OK, that sad story being told, all of the selling sites can have problems & probably none are perfect, but you have to use some common sense when signing up, buying on line and selling on line. Yes, you'll get more action on eBay, but you'll also loose at least 10% of your profit. My experiences with have honest & modestly effective ... They just need to advertise & acquire more buyers. They ARE NOT a ripoff outfit!
peterg40
6/7/13
Total waste of time, sold on ebay for years and years, i was stupid and believed their claims of everyone going over to them for the cheaper fees but there are NO BUYERS!! i was sick of nothing selling so i tested it out and listed 10 items on ebay at high prices and the same ten items on ebid for pennies, i sold nothing on ebid and made a fortune on ebay! total waste of time and money. i thought hey never mind i will just use it as an advertising tool but in the end but a bit of a waste of time when nobody but the sellers go on the damn site!!
jimj29
5/16/13
I can't say enough bad things about eBid. If it's your first time selling and you plan to buy the lifetime membership, you might as well flush your money down the toilet. It's a SCAM because they know that once you try selling on eBid, you will be disappointed and won't come back..... so they at least got to rob you of $50.00. The site has many many disgruntled eBay sellers who are tired of eBay's fees, but there are no buyers! You could list an 18K gold wristwatch for 99 cents and you'll be lucky if anyone even sees the listing! When I commented about this on dBid's message board, they immediately BLOCKED my account.
chrisb84
4/1/13
I paid the lifetime fee for insertion fee-free listings and populated my account with the items I sell. The interface was easy to use and the whole process was not unlike that of eBay. In one way it was easier, as all the information entered for listing an item is on one page rather than several with eBay.

A problem occurred on two occasions when I tried to log on to eBid but was denied access. I contacted customer support in both cases and in both cases, they stated they could see nothing wrong with my account and lo! and behold! as soon as they had responded, I was able to log back in again.

This did give me cause for concern but not regarding my sales management as I was still able to log in, after a periodic recurring inconvenience.

WHAT PUT THE CHERRY ON THE TOP OF THE CAKE was when I started receiving emails for things which eBid said had been sold but in actual reality these items had not been sold. I contacted them the first time about this and they said they could not see any problems their end.

Not too much harm was done but it cost me time and worry in trying to locate a customer order which did not exist, and also the annoyance of a now clearly unprofessional system.

Still, it was a one off.

Now the second this happened with the spurious email I thought that's enough and I just pulled all of my 60 listings off eBid.

And I won't be going back. You can keep your £40.
russs3
1/18/13
This is a shame to the human race.
I paid for seller account. I gave them all the documents.
They did not answer me.
They blocked me from entering my own account at their site.
VERY VERY BAD.
A dog gets better life.
robertb75
12/8/12
It seems that the major requirement for sellers is their ability to produce a utility bill.
They don't check out sellers at all. Buyers beware!
ambert3
11/30/12
The website is nothing but scammers. Stay away from it. These people from this website are making bank off of people and no one will shut them down!!!!
jeremyk10
11/25/12
This site is far better the ebay,,, at least they have more ways to pay then just dumb paypal
davek26
10/13/12
I joined as a full member (cost £49.95) in 2011. I tried selling a couple of things and got nowhere, probably because I had no positive feedback. In September 2012 I bought some 4 coins and an antique atlas from 5 sellers. $ of the items arrived but one seller has cheated me. I had logged on successfully lots of times; searching, buying, checking and leaving feedback. Suddenly Ebid locked me out saying there was a problem with my email address. The email address is on my own domain DaveKnightsBlog it is working OK. I emailed them using THE SAME email address THEY say doesn't work and they REPLIED to it. I gave them 2 more email addresses but they said they were no good because they were the same domain. I checked with my host and they informed me that Ebid was flagged as a SPAMMER by ASSP. I still can't get into my account, I can't sort the seller cheat and although said they would refund the £49.95 membership they have failed to do so. By the way in the the USA the membership is only $49.95 (approx. £34!).
joell12
10/3/12
This site now that I did a little investigation is a complete rip off. Stoopid should have done this 1st MY BAD! These guys have inflated all their reviews and posted fake reviews on this site. Notice all the positve answers are never logged in with FB or a pic. STAY FAR AWAY. They cost me $12 of my social security check for nothing. I put 3 highly marketable items on there site for way less than I do on ebay and didn't get a view. This is hypebeast stuff not junk. The same items sell on ebay within a day. Who cares if you pay nearly 15% by the time you are done. at least you sell something. I would have been very happy to have had 1 bid. I should report them to Dade county crimes against the elderly for real. I now see they have locked me out of my account, GOOD hope they don't keep billing me.
sellere
9/8/12
We are sellers in ebid.net located in USA, we subscribe to ebid
but they charged us sales tax. Sales tax is only for local to
UK not USA seller subscriber.

Also, they scam us with their sellers+ lifetime upgrade,
we pay 49$ and avail the upgrade promo, they intentionally did not upgrade our account so they can charged us 25$ yearly.

How did they do it, very easy, they will charged you international
sales tax!so it will cause a setting problem in your seller
subscription page. At the end of your first year, they will
charged you 25$ even you have upgraded your account to seller+ lifetime
at the time you avail the 49$ promo.

So again, USA SELLERS beware of ebid.net auction site, they are
scam , WORSE THAN EBAY. With ebay, they will scam you in front,
in ebid.net, ebid will scam you by system problem and behind the scene
charges. Plus this folks are not a member of BBB (www.bbb.org) and no telephone number. So there is no way you can complain this scam site
to state regulating body.

Ebid.net has branch in Florida, but can be dummy address as its possible not a member of BBB.
jases1
7/26/12
I have been a seller (and occasional buyer) on eBid.net for the last two years and haven't had any difficulties whatsoever. The folks on the forums are extremely helpful & friendly and whenever I have contacted Gazza (the big boss) over a concern, I've received a reply within day (most often within a few hours). I feel bad for those folks who have had issues using the site. If you simply utilize the forums, most problems can be resolved.

Sure, it would be better if sales could be more brisk, but I can understand if the casual shopper doesn't want to give them a chance, after coming here and seeing the bile-fueled-hate-rants against eBid.net. Kinda makes you wonder who would gain from all that fear mongering... maybe a faceless behemoth that doesn't give a rat's rear about it's members (the sellers OR the buyers) and ONLY cares about squeezing every last dime out of it's members? But I digress...

Bottom line, for those who have had problems with sellers on eBid in the past (and this goes for ALL buying sites, e.g., ebay, amazon marketplace, etc), PLEASE check your seller's activity record and/or feedback. If the person hasn't been doing SOMETHING on there in say, the last 3 months, it might be a good sign they've forgotten about it and moved on. That's how our short attention span society seems to work (or not work, as is the case here). Do your homework. Find the good sellers. There's lots of us on there and we'd be more than happy to prove to you that eBid.net is a great alternative!
barrys4
6/24/12
Very bad website to use. Poor navigation and bidding is very complicated and difficult. I would not recommend using them. I tried calling and calling because I had a credit issue, and no one seemed to be able to answer simple questions. Only once a manager came on the line I got somewhere, but it was a pain.
annes12
6/21/12
I am a new seller on both Ebay and Ebid.

I started off with Ebay about a week ago, and found it to be far far too expensive to sell on! And with so many scammers (both buying and selling), and with people creating shilling accounts to bid on their own items, I decided to look for other options.
After searching extensively I came across a hub page recommending Ebid and read through all the comments highly recommending them.
I signed up, and now I will never sell on Ebay again!

The website is user friendly, the prices are very fair on the seller, and the security is top notch. The strict rules around selling and buying, and all the checks they do, very effectively weeds out all the dodgy buyers and sellers.
And because you are limited to only one account, this instantly stops shillers in their tracks.
The atmosphere is also very friendly and helpful. In general, the people selling and buying are nicer to each other. It's a wonderful and drastic difference to Ebay!

When I came on here, I was surprised to see them with anything less than a 5 star rating... and then I read through all the reviews.
Many of the reviews here, on closer inspection, seem to from people who are either too stupid to read the rules before they sign up, selling goods that are not allowed to be sold on Ebid (for good reason), or are just straight up taking bad with it being so much more secure than Ebay is.
The only people who could have a problem with Ebid, are people who are too used to getting their scam on at Ebay, regular shillers, or people who are too institutionalised with Ebay to adapt to something different.

But for us honest sellers and buyers out there, I highly recommend Ebid, and will be spreading the word to my friends and family :)
No review extortion from bad buyers, no more scamming, no more low rate sellers.
Long may it continue!
jamalisabelap
5/14/12
Worst auction site ever. No buyers at all and gave up. I've looked up my own items and found them unsold since last year.....
johng62
5/4/12
Despite the problems I note here, I continue to maintain a quality store on eBid.net and remain hopeful for the future. eBid is great in all ways but one - NO SALES! And, if there are no sales then all the other aspects of their service are moot. I am able to sell these items on feeBay without a problem, but all I get are lookers on eBid, and not that many, really. Not even one sale, or question or offer in 4 months, and I offer most items worldwide!!! eBid refuses to advertise, so the future prospects are just as bleak. It's a real shame for those of us trying to exit feeBay. feeBay execs must be laughing!

For sellers eBid is a close second to feeBay when it comes to their site sophistication. Listing is a breeze and their search system works nicely. I'll keep praying for better customer traffic.
elainel3
4/22/12
I have been delighted with eBid both as a seller and a buyer. I've been there almost four years and I have never had a bad experience.

The site is growing rapidly, management is careful to screen out and control dishonest sellers AND buyers, only one account per address (keeps the dodgy people out), no duplicate listings (so I don't have to plow through pages of junk to find what I'm looking for), many payment options, worldwide exposure.

I have noticed that some of the people giving the site bad reviews did not follow the proper procedures to get help. I also know that some of these problems will not be handled by any other auction site. Try getting help on eBay if a buyer rips you off! Buyers always have recourse (they can get their money back).
paull22
2/24/12
I have been using this site for 2 years , and I have nothing but praise for the way it is run, the support staff are quick and friendly . The whole way the site is run and the members I have had contact with have been some of the most positive experience of all the selling sites.

By far much less hassle than others.

I have made quite a few sales traffic is good , although recently since google change the way it displays search results , all ebid listings get clumped in with all feebays listings and get lost and traffic has dropped a lot.

Ebid needs to focus on getting more traffic to the site.

As for all these people who are pleating on about Paypal payments, the buyer never loses with Paypal and ALL ways gets there money back.

Just like life there are bad apples every where.

I have never had any issues
saneli
1/6/12
I was a member for 2 months and i paid $49.95 for their lifetime membership and one day , i was not able to log in all my listed items were gone , what a waste of time .
WORST AUCTION WEBSITE EVER ,
markb44
1/1/12
Ok. So, Let's start:The counter sometimes goes up sometimes goes down.One Day I have 100 people who looked at my auction the other day there after it was only 97.Someone of the support forum said "the counter is a bit dodgy" Similar .Items I have previously been able to sell on Ebay in a week have not been sold on EBID for 3 months.No real customer service ( same for EABY) and yes...I also paid the lifetime payment...Why? as i predicted my items will sell, so comparing to ebay I would have gained a few bob.In the mean time I have sold all items on EBAY!
SO in a nutshell: No user friendly alternative to the EBAY rip-off
williamr13
10/10/11
Stay away from this site, if you are want to sell your merchandise as a so called "lifetime membership" You will get hit by endless forms to fill out (including very personal information, that is non of their business), even, after you have had confirmation from them that your item/merchandise is up for sale or bid. I was smart enough to place one item, just to try it, and it turned out to be a nightmare. After endless effort to try to contract ebid, I had to made my complain with paypal and finally, got my 49.99 refund. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.
tonyl18
9/25/11
After a year of hard effort and money spent, eBid marketplace is not worth it for a seller.
Cheap fees comapred to eBay and others.
Not many buyers, No customer services.
Claiming open and friendly but recently asking for your Passport, Driving Licence without guarantee to keep your confidentiality safe! I have doubt about the motive behind the ID Check: ask you for more money!
I am saying bye to eBid.
Tony from London
nancyd9
8/31/11
I regret EVER posting my things on EBID!! When my items were selling quickly on another site - at the same time nothing selling on EBID?? So I tried to purchase an item from another seller and found out why. EBID CHARGES FOR EACH BUY IT NOW AND NEVER ALLOWS YOU TO ACTUALLY PAY FOR THE ITEM! I tried several times to contact the seller through EBID - that did not work - I then tried to get help from ebid - it does not exist! WTF????? DO NOT BUY OR SELL ON EBID
danield8
8/14/11
Don't be fooled by "good reviews".

Fact is ebid is promoting their sellers and staff to go out and write these reviews. Also they're giving each others "good reviews" a helpful rating. Don't be fooled by this scam they're running.

Fact is when something goes wrong (and it will). You will never hear from ebid unless it's a reply to your negative review on here.

They scam 50% of the people that sign up. And the sellers that are on there are defects from eBay's "clean up system". Meaning they were booted from ebay for scamming.

So if you want to scam people it's the place to go. If you don't want to be scammed, avoid it!

WORST SITE EVER!
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E.

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. eBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r.

It was probably a scam to you

By sabita m.

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net . I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F.

go to my ebid. then go to the very bottom of the page and click contact us. on the next page after clicking contact us look at ebid help desk option then open a support ticket.

By Mr W.

I buy from the UK site being Uk based and there are loads of US sellers on their. Whilst some of their products are reasonable the postage is what stops sales. And some items will carry customs duty. I think the Govt of our respected countries are taking the piss. After costs it's not worth bothering to sell anything. esp second hand goods. I buy it brand new I pay V.A.T. all good accept that. So why do you who buys from me the same item second hand have to pay V.A.T. again? and it's not even at a reduced rate. this snowballs to whoever sells that item on. I think the govt's are defrauding us to perfectly hones. It's BS

By Richard F.

Questions? Get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

5 Photos for eBid