eBid

eBid has a consumer rating of 2.44 stars from 140 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. eBid also ranks 30th among Auction sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 16.7%

• Superb service and great customer support all round
  • I'm a seller on ebid and have been there for about 2 1/2 years.

• do not sign up with eBid because you are mad at eBay.
  • Customer service is appalling, take ages to respond to messages, no telephone support either.
How would you rate eBid?

“eBid sales vs eBay sales”

John R.
1/24/20

I have been an eBay member since 1996 and a member of eBid for about a year. I sell as many items on eBay as I do with eBid. The only difference is that eBay charges about 10% plus listing fees and eBid charges 3%, no listing fees. Over the years, I have watched eBay decline in sales, increase costs and make the rules so complex it was no fun to work on eBay any more. It used to be great. Now I am working on both platforms and find that eBid is about the same in terms of complexity. Now I do working at cultivating customers and guiding them to my items. If you do not do that, neither will work.

“Back & forth with seller... no luck.”

Phil D.
3/3/20

I recently purchased an antique railroad figurine from a seller on ebid and have yet to receive it, or even a response to my inquiries. I'm hopeful Paypal will be able to help because ebid is only sending canned responses. Can't recommend this site unfortunately.

ebay (74) customer service (12) lifetime membership (12) auction site (11) seller (64) utility bill (7) items (55) credit card (6) phone number (4) customer support (4) 2 years (5) 50 bucks (3)
dennyt8
March 19th, 2020
No customer support whatsoever! Tried repeatedly contacting them and no replies! 3 days later, my account was mysteriously cancelled!???? And, after I paid for a lifetime membership? What!!!????? THE WORST SELLING SITE IN THE WORLD!!!
jinx3
November 25th, 2019
Overly complicated listing system.

No sales, no views, waste of time as a seller. Promotions? Lifetime sub? Forget it.

As a buyer the payment system is very strange and hard to navigate. Why does one have to check paypal and the purchase several times, add extra details and then check again? Why would anyone bother? This is the answer as to why this place will never take off.

It doesn't deserve to. It only rakes in sub fees from sellers who are fed up with other platforms, nothing but a scam with outdated design.
phild471
March 3rd, 2020
mikel251
February 23rd, 2019
This Company sells copper wind spinners similar to what Stanwood sells. Bought one from Stanwood (more expensive) & one from Victoria Habour about two years ago on Ebay. After a few months, one of the leaves on the Victoria one fell off. I asked to return it; they sent a special copper glue. That held for a while, then the leaf fell off again. Also several stems attached to the center circular piece came loose & wobbled. Contacted Victoria & they said to use the glue. Told them it did not hold. They would not replace the side, so I offered to buy one entire side. They would only sell me a new complete spinner for around $200. This company is no longer on Ebay & is now on Ebid due to poor customer feedback?. My advice is to spend the extra dollars & get one that will last from Stanwood.
sandran58
March 5th, 2018
I opened ebid when ebay was requiring me to edit all my pictures to a larger size, so I edited all my pictures. I then found ebid and loaded all my pictures and auctions there as well.

Good thing I did. Ebay loses pictures after 90 days if an item isn't relisted. Ebay raised their listing prices at that time with no free listings anymore. So when you have 5000 items there is a good chance you are going to lose a lot of pictures. Ebid doesn't so at least I have a great storage system for all my pictures with an easy way to find the exact picture by searching for my listing.

Plus I get a couple sales here and there.

Not bad. Still haven't gotten the free tshirt (not that I really care but this is THEIR advertisement that I would be wearing anyways)
carolinej40
December 30th, 2017
I have been selling and buying on http://uk.ebid.net/ for 7 years and find it very good and easy to use. Its much smaller than eBay.
jerryh192
May 28th, 2018
Look out eBay here comes eBid. I have no complaints with eBid; I hope this site becomes more popular. There is more balance of seller and buyer protection as opposed to all buyer protection. Much lower selling fees.

Tip for consumers: There is more balance of seller and buyer protection as opposed to all buyer protection. Much lower selling fees.

waynej64
October 26th, 2018
Very low fee's on eBid because you will never get a sale!!!
150 listings and the only feedback i have had is from making purchases myself.
If you post to various social media accounts...You will get auto generated views that must come from eBid, because if you post same items from other sites you will receive a view or two but every time posting from this auction site you will get 8, 10 or 12 views without failure! If you are thinking that i may be stretching the truth...Just visit any one of my listings because you will see that i have over 400 views to some of my items. Overall i am very disgusted!!
loub99
May 7th, 2019
Ebid entices w/lifetime membership of $50/3% fees. Been on several months-not 1 sale. Wasted $. DNR!

Tip for consumers: Do not recommend!

davids2303
August 1st, 2019
Signed up for lifetime.Figured even if I sold nothing it would spread my name on the search engines...Nope,does not even do that,they are so far down on google and others as to not even make a ripple.Listed about 30/40 good selling items that sell daily on my site and ebay and I have yet to sell one thing.Saw a message about poor sales and needing more listings a month or so ago saying they would kick me off...I figured BFD...Now they are sending me bills for 67 cents and sh*...Laughable company.They did find a niche though,screw people by charging so little that people just write it off as a bad decision...I actually forgot I was on there,total waste of time and money....All that being said,if you have 50 bucks to waste you might as well waste it on ebid.
fernandom31
March 14th, 2017
Not sure what to say. I was excited as the site is pretty much set up to make it easy to post and sell. But testing 8 items now for about a month with no results. With bids starting at 1.00 and 2.00, I would think someone would be interested.f
Maybe next month...
tomj401
May 14th, 2019
EBID is a great selling site. Been a member for a couple of years, a lot lower fees than Ebay I have no complaints, hope more people discover Ebid
ingeborgk4
March 24th, 2019
whats wrong with ebid ?
i thought a great side fro selling?
all other selling sides already worse and here the same
any idea how we get sales ?
janej105
May 26th, 2018
JOINED EBID 2008 PAID £49.95 FEE TO BE LIFE TIME SELLER , WAS SEELING GENUINE DESIGNER CLOTHING NOT ONE SALE , YET EVEN THOUGH I HATE EBAY BECAUSE OF THE HIGH FEES AND FORCING YOU TO USE PAYPAL SO EVEN MORE FEES I SOLD ALL MY ITEM WITHIN 7 DAYS UNLIKE EBID in which I had all the items listed for near 12 months , ebid a joke please don't join use other avenue like Facebook, spock, gum tree other free sites
larryb438
June 27th, 2019
I bought a garage door opener and it didn't work so I sent it back to seller. They refuse to give me a refund even though it was undamaged and in original packaging with a note inside box. There is no enforcement for EBID to make sure this doesn't happen. I'll stick with EBAY. Never had a problem with EBAY.
johnr1990
January 24th, 2020
ralphm145
July 6th, 2019
I'm not sure how e-Bid won any awards. I've been with them over 9-yrs, purchased the lifetime membership, deleted and reposted my items. NOT ONE SINGLE SALE. My items sell on all other website and not a sale on e-Bid. I lowered my price by 50% and still no sales.
I'm better off paying the fees on other sites than wasting my time loading items on e-Bid. I would not recommend this site to anyone. Wasted hours for nothing. NOT A GOOD ROI
johnb524
January 19th, 2016
What can I say I have now been a member for 4 years .
I have not even had a message or a sale .
Me and my business colleagues even listed items for a penny brand new items
We still hot no response .
Are these 2 guys in their flat still ripping people off.
Do not give your debit card details to these people or you will wake up broke when these guys go down the pan.
All the reviews on here that are good are made up from the 2 guys who work on this Scam.
This company needs reporting to trading standards .
AVOID E BID !
jerryh204
July 27th, 2018
Just hang in there improvements have been made and I'm sure there are more improvements to come as more people join eBid.
tinat20
July 10th, 2018
Everybody wants to sell, nobody wants to buy. Everything I listed, I ended up deleting because it sold somewhere else first. Maybe this site will work better in a few years once the site does some advertising and gets some name recognition that translates to BUYERS!
ashleyk44
April 27th, 2016
ebid.net is way superior to ebay as a seller I was getting ripped off on ebay through fees almost 10% of items worth went to ebay on Final value fee, plus a shipping fee, plus paypal fee and variable listing fee. What I've seen so far it's max. 3% free to list and unlimited listings which is a big plus as well. I've been spreading the word about ebid.net I am so happy with this site over ebays corporate greed sickening.

Tip for consumers: Get out of ebay it's a money racket

johng62
May 4th, 2012
Despite the problems I note here, I continue to maintain a quality store on eBid.net and remain hopeful for the future. eBid is great in all ways but one - NO SALES! And, if there are no sales then all the other aspects of their service are moot. I am able to sell these items on feeBay without a problem, but all I get are lookers on eBid, and not that many, really. Not even one sale, or question or offer in 4 months, and I offer most items worldwide!!! eBid refuses to advertise, so the future prospects are just as bleak. It's a real shame for those of us trying to exit feeBay. feeBay execs must be laughing!

For sellers eBid is a close second to feeBay when it comes to their site sophistication. Listing is a breeze and their search system works nicely. I'll keep praying for better customer traffic.
amazo7
December 11th, 2017
This is total scam, criminal company - after Paid for Seller lifetime membership - them suspended my account 3 days ago without any explanation and refund - only received a vague e-mail say: "you account dont accepted" ?
Until today no any refund or compensation - we open a legal claim in the Court about this discrimination, criminal company! Save you time and money and avoid the Ebid.net at all cost! This is scam, rip off company...
Wallmart Win

Tip for consumers: This is scam, rip off company...

robertp981
April 14th, 2019
$50 for a membership down the drain. Listed an item that I sell approx 25 pieces per week on eBay, one year later and NOT ONE SALE. I even lowered the price below my eBay price and still nothing.....Lesson learned.
jg85
August 8th, 2016
Been on ebid 7 years. Lots of people browsing mostly. I've had around 40 sales its not bad at all. Fees, well, I paid only 50 bucks because I paid in advance 1 dollar for each one of those listings. Some listings I took the 3% selling fee instead. Savings, well, had I sold those items over ebay I would have paid around 2000 USD in fees,OUCH!!. Yes, I sell high end items. Overall I think Ebid is great! I just wish people would buy more instead of looking. Some of my listings have been viewed 2000 times and not even a question has come in. Only takes a few minutes to register as a buyer and its free and you can ask questions to the seller! Their customer service is way more better than ebay and a lot faster. You usually get an answer from them within an hour. Ebay it can take up to a week! More and more people are discovering ebid. I think the baseball, stamp and coin dealers are doing well there. Does not make sence to list a 3 dollar stamp on ebay for one buck. Ebid you can list it for free and it stays there until the item finds its buyer. No relisting and paying again. Its a good site I just hope it improves. I think it will people are getting totally fed up with Feebay and all their limitations. 30 day return policy for buyers, and ebay still gets to keep the seller fees if it goes beyond 45 days. That is criminal! I sell internationally and sometimes it takes a month for an item to reach a customer, or longer. Customs in some countries can take 2 to 3 weeks. My fingers are crossed for ebid! Too bad for all the trash talk. Ebay had the same when they were starting out.

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E.
See more answers (4)

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. eBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r.

It was probably a scam to you

By sabita m.

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net . I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F.

go to my ebid. then go to the very bottom of the page and click contact us. on the next page after clicking contact us look at ebid help desk option then open a support ticket.

By Mr W.

I buy from the UK site being Uk based and there are loads of US sellers on their. Whilst some of their products are reasonable the postage is what stops sales. And some items will carry customs duty. I think the Govt of our respected countries are taking the piss. After costs it's not worth bothering to sell anything. esp second hand goods. I buy it brand new I pay V.A.T. all good accept that. So why do you who buys from me the same item second hand have to pay V.A.T. again? and it's not even at a reduced rate. this snowballs to whoever sells that item on. I think the govt's are defrauding us to perfectly hones. It's BS

By Richard F.

Why slow sales?

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

eBid. The Worlds Online Auction Marketplace. Buy & sell just about anything in our free listing auction and fixed price environment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBid?

Have a question about eBid?