eBid

eBid has a consumer rating of 2.42 stars from 153 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about eBid most frequently mention lifetime membership, customer service and credit card problems. eBid ranks 37th among Auction sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 38.5%

• Their customer service is way more better than ebay and a lot faster.
  • I bought 2 items totalling £93.85 from a seller on the eBid Internet auction site.

• Ebid is a load of crap, just a cheap version of Ebay.
  • I purchased the lifetime membership for $49.99, Set up my web page and listed one Item.
How would you rate eBid?

“Customer Service”

James I.
3/10/21

Recently returned to Ebid after several years. Needed to change username to start afresh. Customer Service promptly dealt with my request offering a more personal service rather than the automated response from other well known rivals. Listing is very easy and fees very reasonable compared to other online auction sites. So far so good.

“Switching back to e-bay”

Alex M.
3/13/21

Sorry E-Bid pals today I decided to switch back to e-bay after nearly a year of trying to sell my stuff on E-bid, nothing moved seems like either no-one see it or perhaps no one trust or know this web site. I have to admit that e-bid website is a lot easier and more user friendly to add stuff but what is a point if stuff is not selling. I even paid a premium price for a year to have maximum visibility, lost money on it. Sorry to say but I do not recommend e-bid again feel bad for those guys but this is a truth.

ebay (73) customer service (12) lifetime membership (13) auction site (11) seller (63) utility bill (7) items (54) credit card (6) phone number (4) customer support (4) 2 years (5) lifetime fee (3)
jamesi375
March 10th, 2021

Recently returned to Ebid after several years.
So far so good.

leom195
March 20th, 2021

Ten years of being a Seller+ member, I find that eBid is the top auction site to join. The selling fees are much better than other auction sites and in most cases, free listing. You can also have your own store.

alexm1358
March 13th, 2021

stevew1517
June 17th, 2021

I have listed a total of 225 items on ebid, i also bought the seller+ option. What a mistake, not made one single sale. I contact ebid and was told am not selling it properly! And wont refund me the sellers+ money.
Well i decided to sell those same items on ebay the exact same format and guess what, yip so far ive sold 53 items in one month. Ebid do not market there website, they make there money conning people and selling advertising.

dont !!

Products used:
I went to another platform

kathiv7
May 20th, 2021

Sending to them my addy info, keep telling me they didnt get anything. 5 days! So today was the final straw i told them to cancel out my acct. Im so pissed someone there is not doing their job! Im with with ebid over 8 yrs now. So no more as of today 05/2021

davidh4937
December 27th, 2020

Been on the Site for 10 years Paid the £50 Lifetime Membership, and earned almost nothing. Keep away from here it is a waste of time!
In Fact list an item first see how many hits you get it is laughable.

michaeld2765
July 23rd, 2020

I signed up as a lifetime member for £50. Seemed like a bargain but have sold only one pice o jewellery in six months, even though all is genuine sterling silver and reasonably priced.

susanc1955
March 8th, 2021

I joined Ebid 10 years ago and have found the site easy to use with low fees, no chopping and changing the rules, and the service from the support staff is second to none. Friendly, efficient, helpful people who will always try to go the extra mile!

dennyt8
March 19th, 2020

No customer support whatsoever! Tried repeatedly contacting them and no replies! 3 days later, my account was mysteriously cancelled!? And, after I paid for a lifetime membership? What!? THE WORST SELLING SITE IN THE WORLD!

barryt116
March 20th, 2021

I've been a seller on Ebid for many years and the platform has grown organically over that time.

Fees are low (or free) but do not expect Ebay levels of sales.

Ebid seems to have certain categories of items that sell regularly and if you offer goods in any of those categories, you will see regular sales.

The one off payment lifetime seller option is so comparatively cheap that you will most likely make back the cost in savings in your first year particularly if you sell regularly or run a niche business - it's a going to be much cheaper to set up a store front in Ebid than hosting your own website.

thomasm2253
March 14th, 2021

Paid for lifetime, listed several items, no sales, no views, false advertising, should be refunded my money.

Dont waist your money

jinx3
November 25th, 2019

Overly complicated listing system.

No sales, no views, waste of time as a seller. Promotions? Lifetime sub? Forget it.

As a buyer the payment system is very strange and hard to navigate. Why does one have to check paypal and the purchase several times, add extra details and then check again? Why would anyone bother? This is the answer as to why this place will never take off.

It doesn't deserve to. It only rakes in sub fees from sellers who are fed up with other platforms, nothing but a scam with outdated design.

leem492
March 8th, 2021

CS is good they don't take long to reply
I like the sites layout, usability and low fees

The main issue is traffic which needs a major boost, people want to use the site but also want to see sales so they can escape from the larger sites but so far its not giving people a reason to invest more time on the site.
They used to have branded Tape etc which is how I found the site, even a small form of advertising will increase the traffic by a large percentage.
I am still using the site since I do see the odd sale now and then

jerryh192
May 28th, 2018

Look out eBay here comes eBid. I have no complaints with eBid; I hope this site becomes more popular. There is more balance of seller and buyer protection as opposed to all buyer protection. Much lower selling fees.

johnr1990
January 24th, 2020

I have been an eBay member since 1996 and a member of eBid for about a year. I sell as many items on eBay as I do with eBid. The only difference is that eBay charges about 10% plus listing fees and eBid charges 3%, no listing fees. Over the years, I have watched eBay decline in sales, increase costs and make the rules so complex it was no fun to work on eBay any more. It used to be great. Now I am working on both platforms and find that eBid is about the same in terms of complexity. Now I do working at cultivating customers and guiding them to my items. If you do not do that, neither will work.

sherryz34
June 18th, 2021

Do not recommend, if you want to buy something best to buy on ebay or Amazon. EBid is designed badly.

tomj401
May 14th, 2019

EBID is a great selling site. Been a member for a couple of years, a lot lower fees than Ebay I have no complaints, hope more people discover Ebid

jerryh204
July 27th, 2018

Just hang in there improvements have been made and I'm sure there are more improvements to come as more people join eBid.

alj246
May 5th, 2021

Ebid is a Scam. Stay away! They scammed me out of 69 dollars plus listing fees and zero purchases. I advertise on other sites and do well. Ebid is a scam.

Stay Away!

sandran58
March 5th, 2018

I opened ebid when ebay was requiring me to edit all my pictures to a larger size, so I edited all my pictures. I then found ebid and loaded all my pictures and auctions there as well.

Good thing I did. Ebay loses pictures after 90 days if an item isn't relisted. Ebay raised their listing prices at that time with no free listings anymore. So when you have 5000 items there is a good chance you are going to lose a lot of pictures. Ebid doesn't so at least I have a great storage system for all my pictures with an easy way to find the exact picture by searching for my listing.

Plus I get a couple sales here and there.

Not bad. Still haven't gotten the free tshirt (not that I really care but this is THEIR advertisement that I would be wearing anyways)

ashleyk44
April 27th, 2016

ebid.net is way superior to ebay as a seller I was getting ripped off on ebay through fees almost 10% of items worth went to ebay on Final value fee, plus a shipping fee, plus paypal fee and variable listing fee. What I've seen so far it's max. 3% free to list and unlimited listings which is a big plus as well. I've been spreading the word about ebid.net I am so happy with this site over ebays corporate greed sickening.

Tip for consumers:
Get out of ebay it's a money racket

cynthiak22
November 23rd, 2020

I only discovered this site because I was searching for something online. That was probably 11 years ago. I paid about £50 for a lifetime seller + membership. The only thing I ever sold on ebid was some very good quality handmade cards for a ridiculously low price to mainly 2 people, but then they started only buying things in the ydc auctions, the highest starting bid at the time being 99p, and usually ending at that price, if the item sold at all. There were never many views.

After a gap of many years, I recently tried selling some popular items that sell on ebay and usually have a lot of views from the first day of listing on ebay. I just deleted them from ebid after several months of getting a total of between no views and maybe up to 5 views and no interest and no sales. I deleted them because I didn't want to have to remember to go there and delete what I had sold on ebay just in case somebody ever did see the items on ebid and decide to buy something. My prices were lower on ebid as well because the fees were lower and when importing the listings from ebay you can set the prices lower automatically if you want to.

I liked what seemed to be a lot more fair fees and policies than on ebay, but when there are so few views and no sales that doesn't even really matter. If I hadn't discovered them by doing an online search for something back then, I wouldn't even know they exist. That is the only time they have ever come up in an online search, and on the occasions when I have gone there looking for something, nothing has ever come up in a search of ebid. I really don't know how they continue to exist.

Don't bother.

mikel251
February 23rd, 2019

This Company sells copper wind spinners similar to what Stanwood sells. Bought one from Stanwood (more expensive) & one from Victoria Habour about two years ago on Ebay. After a few months, one of the leaves on the Victoria one fell off. I asked to return it; they sent a special copper glue. That held for a while, then the leaf fell off again. Also several stems attached to the center circular piece came loose & wobbled. Contacted Victoria & they said to use the glue. Told them it did not hold. They would not replace the side, so I offered to buy one entire side. They would only sell me a new complete spinner for around $200. This company is no longer on Ebay & is now on Ebid due to poor customer feedback?. My advice is to spend the extra dollars & get one that will last from Stanwood.

brianm292
August 2nd, 2017

I have had 80 listings at 1 time for over 3 years. Not1 sale. Same items on ebay etsy. Sold I was threatened many times to login or they will remove, in the end sad to say i had to say goodbye. Shame it all looked good but by now they should be pushing the big boys but seems they have got worse.

waynej64
October 26th, 2018

Very low fee's on eBid because you will never get a sale!
150 listings and the only feedback i have had is from making purchases myself.
If you post to various social media accounts... You will get auto generated views that must come from eBid, because if you post same items from other sites you will receive a view or two but every time posting from this auction site you will get 8,10 or 12 views without failure! If you are thinking that i may be stretching the truth... Just visit any one of my listings because you will see that i have over 400 views to some of my items. Overall i am very disgusted!

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E.
See more answers (4)

Why slow sales?

Nobody has ever heard of ebid. The only reason I know is because only on one occasion over a period of many years when doing an online search for something it happened to come up.

By Cynthia K.

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. EBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r.

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net. I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F.

I buy from the UK site being Uk based and there are loads of US sellers on their. Whilst some of their products are reasonable the postage is what stops sales. And some items will carry customs duty. I think the Govt of our respected countries are taking the piss. After costs it's not worth bothering to sell anything. Esp second hand goods. I buy it brand new I pay V. A. T. All good accept that. So why do you who buys from me the same item second hand have to pay V. A. T. Again? And it's not even at a reduced rate. This snowballs to whoever sells that item on. I think the govt's are defrauding us to perfectly hones. It's BS

By Richard F.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

eBid. The Worlds Online Auction Marketplace. Buy & sell just about anything in our free listing auction and fixed price environment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBid?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

2.4
Have a question about eBid?