Ebay.ca

Ebay.ca has a consumer rating of 2.1 stars from 59 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Ebay.ca most frequently mention post office problems. Ebay.ca ranks 136th among Marketplace sites.

No positive highlights yet

• $10.00 item $120.00 shipping, DISHONEST, DISHONEST, very poor customer service.
  • Sold three items on eBay for a supposed net profit of $405 my Ebay fees were $40.50.
How would you rate Ebay.ca?

“Great app for selling and making extra cash from whats around your house!”

Craig D.
11/15/18

Been selling on eBay for over 20 years now - easy to set up, list and sell. Surprising what stuff around your house you could get money for... so don't donate - sell it! And if you need tips how, go to facebook and join the canadian resellers and fantastic thrifters group - that all we talk about!

“Cannot log in - captchas”

Ron d.
8/9/20

Aug 10/20 tried logging in; encountered repeated captchas. Gave up after four of these idiotic captchas (yes, my eyesight is good). Goodbye, eBay! P.S. To Sitejabber: Stop with the captchas, already!

customer service (6) items (16) contact seller (3) money (14) post office (2) 30 days (3)
rond301
August 9th, 2020
Goodbye, eBay!
P.S. To Sitejabber: Stop with the captchas, already!
fayez8
May 15th, 2020
My Order number: 17-05024-47227 I have purchased products which Was on Ebay for $109, when I looked on my account I had paid $249? I was tying put stop on it, but Ebay very hard to reach. This is a robbery, their prices is not transparent, they advertising one price and charge what they like. Do not shop on Ebay!
michaell2559
July 26th, 2020
Please be careful as to how and what you order through Ebay.ca, after so many items ordered with success I have now fallen victim to an item tied up and delayed at the Global Shipping Center for Ebay at Erlanger, KY. This item is now 6 weeks delayed and no messages, or refunds. I have tried contacting seller but only get a response of contact Ebay because item has been received by Global Shipping Center, Ebay response is contact seller for refund, now case is closed and still no item received or refund, WOW WHAT A SCAM, BUYER BEWARE!
sarahs1516
June 8th, 2020
Well where to start... buying items and winning bids came easily at first. The first few sellers I transacted with were very professional and pleasant and I was highly satisfied with my items to begin with. But then things changed after I decided to list some of my own items to try and sell after I bought my last item. Here came the scammers and harrassment from Ebay themselves insisting me to provide feedback for every single item I bought, some of which was negative, and apparently that is not an option, not even a neutral. Today I got a nasty email in my private inbox telling me to update my review to positive-mind you it was only a neutral, not negative, so not so bad. Anyway, Ebay refuses to budge on giving clear direction and recourse on reporting fraudulent buyers/sellers or blocking problematic users and even closing my account which I am very close to doing now because I have been very patient and reasonable with trying to solve problems with these people and wanted to give them another chance, but now am very disgusted with their policies and unethical way of doing things. I am so sick of Ebay "sellers" claiming their items are in excellent condition, and Ebay claiming this "seller" automatically received 5 stars for the transaction just to bully me into giving a great review(pair of sandals I bought lasted less than a month and now I'm paying $$ to have them repaired. Yes they were preowned but still, the seller should not have stated they were in excellent condition when clearly that wasn't the case. Looks can be deceiving.). And now they won't cooperate with how I want to edit my listings for items to sell, to try and make some $$ to make up for the cash I lost buying garbage? No phone number to call that works, no real customer service... trying to figure out what to do once and for all to find peace of mind and leave this site for good. I strongly advise for anyone to stay clear away from this corrupt corporation. Anyone who knows how I can close my account outside of Ebay "help" and refer me to someplace where I can formally file a complaint(Admissions General... forgot what was recommended earlier... Beaureau of Consumer Complaints? Please PLEASE let me know. Thank you for reading and any assistance or advise given.
jt369
February 29th, 2020
I have been a buyer on eBay for years now but I have noticed more and more the international shipping scam they now have going on. I used to love eBay but I refuse to pay $20-$50 to ship an item that is coming from outside of Canada. They say it is to cover shipping and customs charges. Well here's the thing, I have bought at least a hundred items, shipped from all over the world and only ONCE have I ever had to pay custom fees to the Canadian Customs. Their is no way for a buyer to opt out of this new shipping program and you know you don't get a refund for the unpaid customs fees. And, here's another kicker, you also pay a shipping fee for the shipper to send your item(s) to this rip-off shipping program. As long as eBay uses this scamming shipping program, I will no longer be a buyer.
edv51
January 3rd, 2018
I would much prefer that my credit card is charged in U.S. dollars. A recent purchase at $320. U.S. Cost me $7.00 more when E-Bay "helped" me by converting the cost to CDN. Dollars.

Second, before buying a new product from an E-Bay seller, make certain that the manufacturer will honour the warranty.

These two concerns will probably have me steer clear of E-Bay for future purchases.
edir4
November 23rd, 2019
One of the Worst website to purchase is not helpful description of the item
Is just a general description in the end you will received different items then what you except that's why Amazon is the leader on the Internet marketplace
Even Walmart is not friendly website
sandram47
May 30th, 2017
THEY SLIPP IN SOME NOT FREE SHIPPING BUT HORRENDOUS PRICED SHIPPING THEN TRY TO GET OUT OF THEM A BIG RUN AROUND. I ENDED UP WITH FOUR THEN LOOKED AT MY BIDS AFTER THEY hAD SHIPPING ADDED I CLICKED AUCTIONS THEN FREE SHIPPING THEN DID THE. 01 TO $1 AND THEY HAD SHIPPING COSTS ATTACHED TO ALOT OF THEM SOME OF THE SELLERS REMOVED FOR ME BUT THE HIGH PRICED ONES LIKE ONE FOR BLOUSE I CAN BUY HERE FOR 7 DOLLARS I BID. 11 CENTS ON IT THE SHIPPING COMES UP AFTER FOR $12.31
craigd55
November 15th, 2018

Tip for consumers: List on .com and sell in US funds! 90% of our sales are outside of Canada!

mikeb668
May 15th, 2018
WHY CAN'T I TALK TO A LIVE PERSON IN STEAD OF VOICE MAIL EVERY TIME I PHONE I GET VOICE MAIL AND WHEN I FOLLOW INSTRUCTION OF THE VOICE MAIL
igorr10
February 27th, 2018
I purchased ring on ebay.ca paid $400USD with shipment. Seller vandpjewelryinc sent order without request for signature upon delivery. SHipmet was marked as delivers but I never got it. Post office can not email proof of delivery as no signature was requested. I filed complain and ebay sided seller. Next is even worst, when I submitted feedback they removed it. Customers are unprotected and they never will know problems and issues ebay is hiding from them.
markn64
November 19th, 2018
Generally good service with reliable suppliers. Occaisional problems, generally resolved in a timely fashion. It is rare to have an ongoing problem, but they do happen!
miken108
December 10th, 2018
EBay has become nothing more than an expensive, unreliable scam that banks on the reputation created by scores of other reputable online merchandising operations. In the early days, Ebay held promise of something innovative, but sadly it has devolved into nothing more than a shady, sweaty, dirty pawn shop taking your money for, and only occasionally delivering, goods from mostly disreputable entities. It says on their app that after 30 days pass from the moment you send them your money, when you don't receive, it's not their problem. When placing an order, the moment your order is placed, the shipping date changes to more than 30 days, instantly invalidating their pathetically short time frame for ensuring some level of holding up their end of the bargain, and sending you the items you've just paid for. Ebay has become the true and accurate depiction of BAIT & SWITCH in the modern online world. Do yourself a favor and look for your items elsewhere, anywhere else in fact, as you will find your items for much less, and you will actually receive them along with actual service from a company that cares about your business. Ebay DOES NOT.
janec385
May 29th, 2019
I'm done with eBay. Seller sent incorrect item and could not provide return shipping label. Ebay advised meto contact the shipper and arrange for return. Seller asked me to return and agreed to pay for shipping. She did not like what I paid for shipping and refused to reimburse me. Ebay refused to help saying I should not have sent the item back without being reimbursed first, Moral of the story is that eBay is fine as long as you're dealing with an honest vendor and don't have any problems,
mickm41
September 4th, 2018
Bid on item and was successful, paid for it, later eBay removed item from my account and said, sorry it is unavailable, understand this is eBay not the seller. What is the point of entering into auctions if EBay can arbitrarily remove and ease said auction and you waste your time and risk your money, DISHONEST, also eBay refuses to stop the seller from jacking up shipping costs to cover price of item, EG. $10.00 item $120.00 shipping, DISHONEST, DISHONEST, very poor customer service.
martaw2
December 19th, 2016
Fast processing time, quite fast delivery, everything is visible on website, you received email confirmations, overall I'm very happy!
betm6
October 9th, 2019
If you are Canadian you must sell on eBay.ca and receive Canadian money. If you are in USA you must sell on eBay.com and receive USA funds. If you are Chinese eBay allows them to sell on. Com and receive USA funds Double standards at best. Selling items has become a joke as everyone sells on Amazon now.
alexa1888
April 2nd, 2017
I've been buying on here for about 10 years. So far I've only run into one nasty seller who wouldn't take responsibility for her inaccurate listing. Other than that, pretty much perfection.
wayned96
September 12th, 2018
THE VERY POOREST RUN COMPANY IN AMERICA. HORRIBLE PROGRAMMING, HORRIBLE SALES, HORRIBLE SALES PRACTICES,,,,, THE PITS. RETURN PROCESS SUCKS, FEEDBACK MANIPULATED FOR BIG SELLERS, CONSTANT WEBSITE GLITCHES, IGNORANT SUPPORT, IDIOTIC HELP PAGES,,,,,
ashleyy13
Emmaline W.
April 23rd, 2016
www.ebay.ca can be a difficult website to get the hang of, but in the end it is worth the struggle.

Tip for consumers: I would suggest looking for seller ratings before you buy, as well as checking the images section carefully in order to judge quality efficiently.

samanthal25
July 30th, 2016
E-bay is an excellent website to purchase from. Just make sure you do your research on the seller before you purchase from them. If somebody tries to make you purchase an item through a PayPal "Friends and Family" transaction... do not. And I mean DO NOT do it. They will take your money and send you a bogus product (if any product gets sent at all) and will not refund you the money. These scammers are all over ebay, so beware. PayPal and Ebay will not be able to refund you that money if this happens. Just a piece of advice. Otherwise, I have used this site over a dozen times and have been very happy with my purchases.
janeb158
March 16th, 2018
1. First of all i registered and when i went to log in a different user name came up with my email address. 2. i attempted to make a bid several times and on each occasion i got a message that i had exceeded my maximum number of allowed bids yet i had no registered bids(i think that maybe my bids were just less than they wanted)3. The majority of canadian ebay items were from the us so no bargain there 4. Items cost more than in the store and refurbished items were listed even higher than new items in the store basically... ebay.ca is just garbage
mahlekak
November 17th, 2017
I purchased a Google Home Assistant.
Payment was received by PayPal.
Order was confirmed. Delivery was to be sent by October 16th. EBay emailed me requesting I wait til October 23rd. I contacted both seller and ebay on 3 occasions. Sellers account was suspended. No response from either until this morning an email saying, "My file has been closed because I haven't responded back to them."
I contacted owner 3 times and ebay 5 times...
edwardc5
February 2nd, 2012
Ive gotten some really super deals lately on ebay,, ive been recomending to everybody, when you cant find something, try ebay.
ritab76
Rita B.
January 18th, 2018
If I could put no stars i would. Used E bay for the first time to buy a poster. Was senet an e mail stating I bought a $400 dollar chair. Three days on the phone to e bay. At one point they said the FBI was on it. That s right, I am second to President Trump. Huge run around. Be very careful here. I will still go after them

I've dealt with E-Bay for many years, and anytime I've had a problem, (twice, both Chinese vendors), E-Bay has helped in obtaining a refund. Now for a couple of caveats that I recently discovered: When you purchase from a U.S. vendor, E-Bay will helpfully convert the cost to Canadian dollars. And add a conversion premium of about 3.5% to your cost. Second, even brand new items may not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. So check before ordering! These two issues will likely see me take my future on-line purchases elsewhere.

By Ed V.