Review of Ebay.ca

San Jose, CA 95125, US
mvickell@ebay.ca

janec385
5/29/19

I'm done with eBay. Seller sent incorrect item and could not provide return shipping label. Ebay advised meto contact the shipper and arrange for return. Seller asked me to return and agreed to pay for shipping. She did not like what I paid for shipping and refused to reimburse me. Ebay refused to help saying I should not have sent the item back without being reimbursed first, Moral of the story is that eBay is fine as long as you're dealing with an honest vendor and don't have any problems,

paulas76
3/22/19

Best goldshop hoop clasp broke once they came from box.
I emailed them and eBay MANY TIMES DURING IN 2 YEAR TIME PERIOD?????
E bay response: contact seller . Paid $48.00 USA.
BEWARE.

miken108
12/10/18

EBay has become nothing more than an expensive, unreliable scam that banks on the reputation created by scores of other reputable online merchandising operations. In the early days, Ebay held promise of something innovative, but sadly it has devolved into nothing more than a shady, sweaty, dirty pawn shop taking your money for, and only occasionally delivering, goods from mostly disreputable entities. It says on their app that after 30 days pass from the moment you send them your money, when you don't receive, it's not their problem. When placing an order, the moment your order is placed, the shipping date changes to more than 30 days, instantly invalidating their pathetically short time frame for ensuring some level of holding up their end of the bargain, and sending you the items you've just paid for. Ebay has become the true and accurate depiction of BAIT & SWITCH in the modern online world. Do yourself a favor and look for your items elsewhere, anywhere else in fact, as you will find your items for much less, and you will actually receive them along with actual service from a company that cares about your business. Ebay DOES NOT.

markn64
11/19/18

generally good service with reliable suppliers. occaisional problems, generally resolved in a timely fashion. it is rare to have an ongoing problem, but they do happen!

craigd55
11/15/18

Been selling on eBay for over 20 years now - easy to set up, list and sell. Surprising what stuff around your house you could get money for...so don't donate - sell it! And if you need tips how, go to facebook and join the canadian resellers and fantastic thrifters group - that all we talk about!

Tip for consumers: List on .com and sell in US funds! 90% of our sales are outside of Canada!

wayned96
9/12/18

THE VERY POOREST RUN COMPANY IN AMERICA. HORRIBLE PROGRAMMING, HORRIBLE SALES, HORRIBLE SALES PRACTICES,,,,,THE PITS. RETURN PROCESS SUCKS, FEEDBACK MANIPULATED FOR BIG SELLERS, CONSTANT WEBSITE GLITCHES, IGNORANT SUPPORT, IDIOTIC HELP PAGES,,,,,

mattp151
9/8/18

What the hell is wrong with me? I fell for it (shakes own head on disgust). Ebay sends me a promotion they're having. Today and tomorrow list up to 5 items and it'll only cost $1per item. Well, i said to myself, its completely different than buying so lets give it a go. If you ever decide to do this, please keep in mind that they will ask you for your package dimensions so it's basically got to be ready to go when your listing it. Then you get to have the most enjoyable experience when you have to decide between 8 shipping options for Canada alone, then decide which shipping options you're going to use if an American buys your product, and then you have to decide what you're going to use if an international buyer decides to buy your product. This, in itself, was an exercise in absolute frustration. As I said to eBay, why are you not letting the buyer decide which shipping option they would prefer. Maybe someone wants to and is willing to pay $50 to get the item there in 2 days. or maybe they just want to spend $15 and wait 30 days. They give you a handy dandy shipping calculator to figure it out. I say give the dimensions and let the buyer decide! Anyway, I finally get the lot into a box ready for shipping and as I press post, i get a notification saying i didnt select the handling time. (...was pretty sure I did...and there in black and white it said 2 days handling time) press post. NOPE. Says i have not selected the handling time. Okay. So i go to change it to 1 (maybe it had to be 1??) NOPE. Doesnt give me the option to change it. And wont let me post. Wtf? so over an hour spent and i have nothing listed, and a few less hairs on my head (thinking of suing - they're getting sparse...) But you know what, Ebay? I'm going to give you a thumbs up. For your consistency. You are at least consistent at sucking at EVERYTHING! Save your time, folks, use facebook or craigslist. They're cheaper to use anyway.

mickm41
9/4/18

Bid on item and was successful, paid for it, later eBay removed item from my account and said, sorry it is unavailable, understand this is eBay not the seller. What is the point of entering into auctions if EBay can arbitrarily remove and ease said auction and you waste your time and risk your money, DISHONEST, also eBay refuses to stop the seller from jacking up shipping costs to cover price of item, EG. $10.00 item $120.00 shipping, DISHONEST, DISHONEST, very poor customer service.

majap5
8/27/18

Hi, I purchased the item. Tried to cancel. Was ignored, item was shipped week after. Tried to return but they said international shipments can not be returned. What a scam! I closed eBay account and purchasing from Amazon directly

calvins50
7/10/18

If you have a problem and it's not listed on the list of problems getting a hold of them and the phone number is next to impossible and if you do get the number an automated voice tries to solve your problem which is a joke.I had a problem with my item not leaving Ebay's Global shipping center for two weeks no updates or anything. I contacted the Seller to see what is going on he told me to contact Ebay and so I tried. All of the stuff they had listed wasn't what I needed and it's not the Sellers fault it didn't ship from Ebay's Global Center it's Ebay's problem. I feel Ebay avoids complaints towards them by hiding their phone number with issues that don't relate to your problem. Amazon I don't have that problem they are easy to get a hold of and don't have an automated voice handling your issues. I use Ebay.ca as a last resort but I think I will be using other online stores instead and avoid Ebay.

nehemiahm2
6/27/18

Seller sent wrong Item, then deleted return policy, all ebay said was I didn't contact them in 30 days yet I was in contact with this seller for days and they saw all the communications.
I left a review about the issue and ebay removed it. So apparently on sellers matter to them because they pay google and the buyer, you're on you own. So disappointed, I believed in ebay all this time, but I think its time now to join my friends on amazon....Ebay will be now used as last resort.
Ebay doesn't put the guaranteed buyer protection 30 day limit of the front front page. It's hidden somewhere and to get to it, you have to call and they take you through 4-7 steps to find this record.
Just be careful when buying expensive items, or just avoid ebay if you can.

mikeb668
5/15/18

WHY CAN'T I TALK TO A LIVE PERSON IN STEAD OF VOICE MAIL EVERY TIME I PHONE I GET VOICE MAIL AND WHEN I FOLLOW INSTRUCTION OF THE VOICE MAIL

janeb158
3/16/18

1. first of all i registered and when i went to log in a different user name came up with my email address. 2. i attempted to make a bid several times and on each occasion i got a message that i had exceeded my maximum number of allowed bids yet i had no registered bids(i think that maybe my bids were just less than they wanted)3. the majority of canadian ebay items were from the us so no bargain there 4. items cost more than in the store and refurbished items were listed even higher than new items in the store basically...ebay.ca is just garbage

igorr10
2/27/18

I purchased ring on ebay.ca paid $400USD with shipment. Seller vandpjewelryinc sent order without request for signature upon delivery. SHipmet was marked as delivers but I never got it. Post office can not email proof of delivery as no signature was requested. I filed complain and ebay sided seller. Next is even worst, when I submitted feedback they removed it. Customers are unprotected and they never will know problems and issues ebay is hiding from them.

ritab76
Rita B.
1/18/18

If I could put no stars i would. Used E bay for the first time to buy a poster. Was senet an e mail stating I bought a $400 dollar chair. Three days on the phone to e bay. At one point they said the FBI was on it. That s right, I am second to President Trump. Huge run around. Be very careful here. I will still go after them

edv51
1/3/18

I would much prefer that my credit card is charged in U.S. dollars. A recent purchase at $320. U.S. cost me $7.00 more when E-Bay "helped" me by converting the cost to CDN. dollars.

Second, before buying a new product from an E-Bay seller, make certain that the manufacturer will honour the warranty.

These two concerns will probably have me steer clear of E-Bay for future purchases.

mahlekak
11/17/17

I purchased a Google Home Assistant.
Payment was received by PayPal.
Order was confirmed. Delivery was to be sent by October 16th. EBay emailed me requesting I wait til October 23rd. I contacted both seller and ebay on 3 occasions. Sellers account was suspended. No response from either until this morning an email saying, "My file has been closed because I haven't responded back to them."
I contacted owner 3 times and ebay 5 times...

nancyb198
10/23/17

I must have looked at hundreds of earrings on Ebay.ca after looking at different sites. So my cute little studs were about $15-20 cheaper than anywhere else, and they are exactly what I needed. Also, I know there will be no problem if I have any issues. Kudos to Ebay.ca!

lisap163
7/31/17

Many products from China (and most are) never arrive. Some could be lost in the mail, but that is too much of a coincidence that so many never arrive. By the the time you have given it a few more days and some delays in answer from the seller, it's too late for any claim from eBay. If you buy electronics which come defective, you are stuck, unless you want to pay huge shipping costs to ship it (with tracking and insurance) back to seller in China. The process may take months, which by then is too late for eBay refund. eBay should monitor their sellers a bit better. Compare to Amazon with stellar customer service, eBay is of very poor value.

magsb
7/1/17

So many lies. Wasted my money for the last time.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

wemersond
6/9/17

i bought HP Compaq 8300 Elite SFF Desktop PC (Core i5-3470 3.2 GHz, 8 GB, 500 GB, Win 7).item had disappeared, i gave the right address from where i work and theres no excuse to not receive because i work in the office and get all delivery that been sent to there, the seller gave me the track number that said that its been delivered but i never got it, open a case on ebay and they just close without help me to do anything, lose 300 bucks, never and never buy anything from ebay again.

khatrip
6/6/17

i order my car mirror and they send me tracking # also i live in vancouver and tracking # shows me its in burnaby...hahhahhaa
they said its in burnaby i dont know where in burnaby i have to find hahhahha
just waste my $60 and 1 mth for nothing

if you have lots money just want to thorw way go for ebay ,,, i guess nothing can be better then Amazon on online buying

sandram47
5/30/17

THEY SLIPP IN SOME NOT FREE SHIPPING BUT HORRENDOUS PRICED SHIPPING THEN TRY TO GET OUT OF THEM A BIG RUN AROUND. I ENDED UP WITH FOUR THEN LOOKED AT MY BIDS AFTER THEY hAD SHIPPING ADDED I CLICKED AUCTIONS THEN FREE SHIPPING THEN DID THE .01 TO $1 AND THEY HAD SHIPPING COSTS ATTACHED TO ALOT OF THEM SOME OF THE SELLERS REMOVED FOR ME BUT THE HIGH PRICED ONES LIKE ONE FOR BLOUSE I CAN BUY HERE FOR 7 DOLLARS I BID .11 CENTS ON IT THE SHIPPING COMES UP AFTER FOR $12.31

billc160
5/7/17

I never received my shipment, tried to get contact seller then ebay, nothing but a runaround. I had a dozen tabs open, because they kept sending me all over the place. I will never deal with ebay ever again, go with Amazon, pay a fraction more but guaranteed shipment and you don't have to wait for months.

johnr465
5/1/17

I've ordered several items from Ebay, and delivery and service has been good. An item that I returned was refunded as soon as it was mailed.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I've dealt with E-Bay for many years, and anytime I've had a problem, (twice, both Chinese vendors), E-Bay has helped in obtaining a refund. Now for a couple of caveats that I recently discovered: When you purchase from a U.S. vendor, E-Bay will helpfully convert the cost to Canadian dollars. And add a conversion premium of about 3.5% to your cost. Second, even brand new items may not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. So check before ordering!!! These two issues will likely see me take my future on-line purchases elsewhere.

By Ed V.

Questions? Get answers from the Ebay.ca staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Ebay.ca