Ebay.ca

Ebay.ca has a consumer rating of 2.16 stars from 55 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Ebay.ca also ranks 121st among Marketplace sites. The most common issues with Ebay.ca are around shipping times, which tend to take longer than expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• $10.00 item $120.00 shipping, DISHONEST, DISHONEST, very poor customer service.
  • Now they get to keep the item PLUS my money as well I am out of pocket for the shipping fees.
How would you rate Ebay.ca?

“Great app for selling and making extra cash from whats around your house!”

Craig D.
11/15/18

Been selling on eBay for over 20 years now - easy to set up, list and sell. Surprising what stuff around your house you could get money for...so don't donate - sell it! And if you need tips how, go to facebook and join the canadian resellers and fantastic thrifters group - that all we talk about!

“Shipping costs”

J T.
2/29/20

I have been a buyer on eBay for years now but I have noticed more and more the international shipping scam they now have going on. I used to love eBay but I refuse to pay $20-$50 to ship an item that is coming from outside of Canada. They say it is to cover shipping and customs charges. Well here's the thing, I have bought at least a hundred items, shipped from all over the world and only ONCE have I ever had to pay custom fees to the Canadian Customs. Their is no way for a buyer to opt out of this new shipping program and you know you don't get a refund for the unpaid customs fees. And, here's another kicker, you also pay a shipping fee for the shipper to send your item(s) to this rip-off shipping program. As long as eBay uses this scamming shipping program, I will no longer be a buyer.

customer service (5) money (14) seller (25) post office (2) 30 days (3)
jt369
February 29th, 2020
craigd55
November 15th, 2018

Tip for consumers: List on .com and sell in US funds! 90% of our sales are outside of Canada!

edir4
November 23rd, 2019
One of the Worst website to purchase is not helpful description of the item
is just a general description in the end you will received different items then what you except that's why Amazon is the leader on the Internet marketplace
Even Walmart is not friendly website
igorr10
February 27th, 2018
I purchased ring on ebay.ca paid $400USD with shipment. Seller vandpjewelryinc sent order without request for signature upon delivery. SHipmet was marked as delivers but I never got it. Post office can not email proof of delivery as no signature was requested. I filed complain and ebay sided seller. Next is even worst, when I submitted feedback they removed it. Customers are unprotected and they never will know problems and issues ebay is hiding from them.
edv51
January 3rd, 2018
I would much prefer that my credit card is charged in U.S. dollars. A recent purchase at $320. U.S. cost me $7.00 more when E-Bay "helped" me by converting the cost to CDN. dollars.

Second, before buying a new product from an E-Bay seller, make certain that the manufacturer will honour the warranty.

These two concerns will probably have me steer clear of E-Bay for future purchases.
alexa1888
April 2nd, 2017
I've been buying on here for about 10 years. So far I've only run into one nasty seller who wouldn't take responsibility for her inaccurate listing. Other than that, pretty much perfection.
miken108
December 10th, 2018
EBay has become nothing more than an expensive, unreliable scam that banks on the reputation created by scores of other reputable online merchandising operations. In the early days, Ebay held promise of something innovative, but sadly it has devolved into nothing more than a shady, sweaty, dirty pawn shop taking your money for, and only occasionally delivering, goods from mostly disreputable entities. It says on their app that after 30 days pass from the moment you send them your money, when you don't receive, it's not their problem. When placing an order, the moment your order is placed, the shipping date changes to more than 30 days, instantly invalidating their pathetically short time frame for ensuring some level of holding up their end of the bargain, and sending you the items you've just paid for. Ebay has become the true and accurate depiction of BAIT & SWITCH in the modern online world. Do yourself a favor and look for your items elsewhere, anywhere else in fact, as you will find your items for much less, and you will actually receive them along with actual service from a company that cares about your business. Ebay DOES NOT.
sandram47
May 30th, 2017
THEY SLIPP IN SOME NOT FREE SHIPPING BUT HORRENDOUS PRICED SHIPPING THEN TRY TO GET OUT OF THEM A BIG RUN AROUND. I ENDED UP WITH FOUR THEN LOOKED AT MY BIDS AFTER THEY hAD SHIPPING ADDED I CLICKED AUCTIONS THEN FREE SHIPPING THEN DID THE .01 TO $1 AND THEY HAD SHIPPING COSTS ATTACHED TO ALOT OF THEM SOME OF THE SELLERS REMOVED FOR ME BUT THE HIGH PRICED ONES LIKE ONE FOR BLOUSE I CAN BUY HERE FOR 7 DOLLARS I BID .11 CENTS ON IT THE SHIPPING COMES UP AFTER FOR $12.31
janec385
May 29th, 2019
I'm done with eBay. Seller sent incorrect item and could not provide return shipping label. Ebay advised meto contact the shipper and arrange for return. Seller asked me to return and agreed to pay for shipping. She did not like what I paid for shipping and refused to reimburse me. Ebay refused to help saying I should not have sent the item back without being reimbursed first, Moral of the story is that eBay is fine as long as you're dealing with an honest vendor and don't have any problems,
mickm41
September 4th, 2018
Bid on item and was successful, paid for it, later eBay removed item from my account and said, sorry it is unavailable, understand this is eBay not the seller. What is the point of entering into auctions if EBay can arbitrarily remove and ease said auction and you waste your time and risk your money, DISHONEST, also eBay refuses to stop the seller from jacking up shipping costs to cover price of item, EG. $10.00 item $120.00 shipping, DISHONEST, DISHONEST, very poor customer service.
betm6
October 9th, 2019
If you are Canadian you must sell on eBay.ca and receive Canadian money. If you are in USA you must sell on eBay.com and receive USA funds. If you are Chinese eBay allows them to sell on .com and receive USA funds Double standards at best. Selling items has become a joke as everyone sells on Amazon now.
wayned96
September 12th, 2018
THE VERY POOREST RUN COMPANY IN AMERICA. HORRIBLE PROGRAMMING, HORRIBLE SALES, HORRIBLE SALES PRACTICES,,,,,THE PITS. RETURN PROCESS SUCKS, FEEDBACK MANIPULATED FOR BIG SELLERS, CONSTANT WEBSITE GLITCHES, IGNORANT SUPPORT, IDIOTIC HELP PAGES,,,,,
janeb158
March 16th, 2018
1. first of all i registered and when i went to log in a different user name came up with my email address. 2. i attempted to make a bid several times and on each occasion i got a message that i had exceeded my maximum number of allowed bids yet i had no registered bids(i think that maybe my bids were just less than they wanted)3. the majority of canadian ebay items were from the us so no bargain there 4. items cost more than in the store and refurbished items were listed even higher than new items in the store basically...ebay.ca is just garbage
mahlekak
November 17th, 2017
I purchased a Google Home Assistant.
Payment was received by PayPal.
Order was confirmed. Delivery was to be sent by October 16th. EBay emailed me requesting I wait til October 23rd. I contacted both seller and ebay on 3 occasions. Sellers account was suspended. No response from either until this morning an email saying, "My file has been closed because I haven't responded back to them."
I contacted owner 3 times and ebay 5 times...
ritab76
Rita B.
January 18th, 2018
If I could put no stars i would. Used E bay for the first time to buy a poster. Was senet an e mail stating I bought a $400 dollar chair. Three days on the phone to e bay. At one point they said the FBI was on it. That s right, I am second to President Trump. Huge run around. Be very careful here. I will still go after them
paulas76
March 22nd, 2019
Best goldshop hoop clasp broke once they came from box.
I emailed them and eBay MANY TIMES DURING IN 2 YEAR TIME PERIOD?????
E bay response: contact seller . Paid $48.00 USA.
BEWARE.
nancyb198
October 23rd, 2017
I must have looked at hundreds of earrings on Ebay.ca after looking at different sites. So my cute little studs were about $15-20 cheaper than anywhere else, and they are exactly what I needed. Also, I know there will be no problem if I have any issues. Kudos to Ebay.ca!
nehemiahm2
June 27th, 2018
Seller sent wrong Item, then deleted return policy, all ebay said was I didn't contact them in 30 days yet I was in contact with this seller for days and they saw all the communications.
I left a review about the issue and ebay removed it. So apparently on sellers matter to them because they pay google and the buyer, you're on you own. So disappointed, I believed in ebay all this time, but I think its time now to join my friends on amazon....Ebay will be now used as last resort.
Ebay doesn't put the guaranteed buyer protection 30 day limit of the front front page. It's hidden somewhere and to get to it, you have to call and they take you through 4-7 steps to find this record.
Just be careful when buying expensive items, or just avoid ebay if you can.
markn64
November 19th, 2018
generally good service with reliable suppliers. occaisional problems, generally resolved in a timely fashion. it is rare to have an ongoing problem, but they do happen!
ritae5
April 9th, 2017
eBay is great, I've never had any issues. eBay remains consistent in selling and purchasing and excellent customer service.
majap5
August 27th, 2018
Hi, I purchased the item. Tried to cancel. Was ignored, item was shipped week after. Tried to return but they said international shipments can not be returned. What a scam! I closed eBay account and purchasing from Amazon directly
mikeb668
May 15th, 2018
WHY CAN'T I TALK TO A LIVE PERSON IN STEAD OF VOICE MAIL EVERY TIME I PHONE I GET VOICE MAIL AND WHEN I FOLLOW INSTRUCTION OF THE VOICE MAIL
wemersond
June 9th, 2017
i bought HP Compaq 8300 Elite SFF Desktop PC (Core i5-3470 3.2 GHz, 8 GB, 500 GB, Win 7).item had disappeared, i gave the right address from where i work and theres no excuse to not receive because i work in the office and get all delivery that been sent to there, the seller gave me the track number that said that its been delivered but i never got it, open a case on ebay and they just close without help me to do anything, lose 300 bucks, never and never buy anything from ebay again.
calvins50
July 10th, 2018
If you have a problem and it's not listed on the list of problems getting a hold of them and the phone number is next to impossible and if you do get the number an automated voice tries to solve your problem which is a joke.I had a problem with my item not leaving Ebay's Global shipping center for two weeks no updates or anything. I contacted the Seller to see what is going on he told me to contact Ebay and so I tried. All of the stuff they had listed wasn't what I needed and it's not the Sellers fault it didn't ship from Ebay's Global Center it's Ebay's problem. I feel Ebay avoids complaints towards them by hiding their phone number with issues that don't relate to your problem. Amazon I don't have that problem they are easy to get a hold of and don't have an automated voice handling your issues. I use Ebay.ca as a last resort but I think I will be using other online stores instead and avoid Ebay.
billc160
May 7th, 2017
I never received my shipment, tried to get contact seller then ebay, nothing but a runaround. I had a dozen tabs open, because they kept sending me all over the place. I will never deal with ebay ever again, go with Amazon, pay a fraction more but guaranteed shipment and you don't have to wait for months.

I've dealt with E-Bay for many years, and anytime I've had a problem, (twice, both Chinese vendors), E-Bay has helped in obtaining a refund. Now for a couple of caveats that I recently discovered: When you purchase from a U.S. vendor, E-Bay will helpfully convert the cost to Canadian dollars. And add a conversion premium of about 3.5% to your cost. Second, even brand new items may not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. So check before ordering!!! These two issues will likely see me take my future on-line purchases elsewhere.

By Ed V.