Ebay CA

Ebay CA has a consumer rating of 2 stars from 64 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Ebay CA most frequently mention customer service problems. Ebay CA ranks 173rd among Marketplace sites.

No positive highlights yet

• $10.00 item $120.00 shipping, DISHONEST, DISHONEST, very poor customer service.
  • Sold three items on eBay for a supposed net profit of $405 my Ebay fees were $40.50.
How would you rate Ebay CA?

“Great app for selling and making extra cash from whats around your house!”

Craig D.
11/15/18

Been selling on eBay for over 20 years now - easy to set up, list and sell. Surprising what stuff around your house you could get money for... so don't donate - sell it! And if you need tips how, go to facebook and join the canadian resellers and fantastic thrifters group - that all we talk about!

“Not responsible.”

Jade N.
1/22/21

This ebay company is really bad. They solve the problem like a joke. I've purchased a floor matt from Omacusa seller, and never received it due to reason wrong address and it was the only address I have. I waited for 2 months and never received my item. I've tried to ask fo a refund but they never did. They stole your money easy. I filed a complaint to ebay and they opened the case. They said they decided to not refund me money and close the case. I've been emailing them for a few times to ask for reasons why and they never got back to me.

customer service (6) items (16) contact seller (3) money (14) post office (2) 30 days (3)
gigic15
July 5th, 2021

I sold on ebay for a few months and have been fighting with them for over a year, lol. They are the most pathetic company to deal with. Their customer service reps always say they are reversing the charges and taking care of everything for me. Then the next month, another bill. It's been going on for about a year, they are seriously sick. It's total fraud. I have to call in every month to complain and report. Then when I say - close my account, they say we can't for about 5 days until the credit is processed, total scam.

Tip for consumers:
Don't bother selling on ebay if you dont want to for atleast one year - they will charge you regardless if you cancel.

Products used:
customer service about 9 times in a year.

sarahs1516
June 8th, 2020

Well where to start... buying items and winning bids came easily at first. The first few sellers I transacted with were very professional and pleasant and I was highly satisfied with my items to begin with. But then things changed after I decided to list some of my own items to try and sell after I bought my last item. Here came the scammers and harrassment from Ebay themselves insisting me to provide feedback for every single item I bought, some of which was negative, and apparently that is not an option, not even a neutral. Today I got a nasty email in my private inbox telling me to update my review to positive-mind you it was only a neutral, not negative, so not so bad. Anyway, Ebay refuses to budge on giving clear direction and recourse on reporting fraudulent buyers/sellers or blocking problematic users and even closing my account which I am very close to doing now because I have been very patient and reasonable with trying to solve problems with these people and wanted to give them another chance, but now am very disgusted with their policies and unethical way of doing things. I am so sick of Ebay "sellers" claiming their items are in excellent condition, and Ebay claiming this "seller" automatically received 5 stars for the transaction just to bully me into giving a great review(pair of sandals I bought lasted less than a month and now I'm paying $$ to have them repaired. Yes they were preowned but still, the seller should not have stated they were in excellent condition when clearly that wasn't the case. Looks can be deceiving.). And now they won't cooperate with how I want to edit my listings for items to sell, to try and make some $$ to make up for the cash I lost buying garbage? No phone number to call that works, no real customer service... trying to figure out what to do once and for all to find peace of mind and leave this site for good. I strongly advise for anyone to stay clear away from this corrupt corporation. Anyone who knows how I can close my account outside of Ebay "help" and refer me to someplace where I can formally file a complaint(Admissions General... forgot what was recommended earlier... Beaureau of Consumer Complaints? Please PLEASE let me know. Thank you for reading and any assistance or advise given.

jaden37
January 22nd, 2021

markn64
November 19th, 2018

Generally good service with reliable suppliers. Occaisional problems, generally resolved in a timely fashion. It is rare to have an ongoing problem, but they do happen!

francescog32
March 25th, 2021

Sold an item through ebay in the amount of approx. $280 CDN. And netted about $225 CDN after paying various questionable and inflated fees. Once item sold, monies in the pay pal account could not be accessed for no rhyme or reason. Speaking with Pay pal they blamed everyone else but them selves for holding monies. Told me to contact ebay. Ebay says to contact Paypal. Big run around and no resolution to date. Last sold item on ebay was about 10 years ago, the process was very simple and seamless with no issues. Not sure what has changed since then. Once buyer receives item and writes a very good seller review, ebay should release money and not be subjected to Paypal as the sole banking administer of funds! Next time on small items I will donate to a charity rather than subject myself to these questionable business partners.
I plan to be very vocal on my recent experience with ebay/paypal to the general public!

rond301
August 9th, 2020

Aug 10/20 tried logging in; encountered repeated captchas. Gave up after four of these idiotic captchas (yes, my eyesight is good).
Goodbye, eBay!
P.S. To Sitejabber: Stop with the captchas, already!

fayez8
May 15th, 2020

My Order number: 17-05024-47227 I have purchased products which Was on Ebay for $109, when I looked on my account I had paid $249? I was tying put stop on it, but Ebay very hard to reach. This is a robbery, their prices is not transparent, they advertising one price and charge what they like. Do not shop on Ebay!

edv51
January 3rd, 2018

I would much prefer that my credit card is charged in U.S. dollars. A recent purchase at $320. U.S. Cost me $7.00 more when E-Bay "helped" me by converting the cost to CDN. Dollars.

Second, before buying a new product from an E-Bay seller, make certain that the manufacturer will honour the warranty.

These two concerns will probably have me steer clear of E-Bay for future purchases.

michaell2559
July 26th, 2020

Please be careful as to how and what you order through Ebay.ca, after so many items ordered with success I have now fallen victim to an item tied up and delayed at the Global Shipping Center for Ebay at Erlanger, KY. This item is now 6 weeks delayed and no messages, or refunds. I have tried contacting seller but only get a response of contact Ebay because item has been received by Global Shipping Center, Ebay response is contact seller for refund, now case is closed and still no item received or refund, WOW WHAT A SCAM, BUYER BEWARE!

mikeb668
May 15th, 2018

WHY CAN'T I TALK TO A LIVE PERSON IN STEAD OF VOICE MAIL EVERY TIME I PHONE I GET VOICE MAIL AND WHEN I FOLLOW INSTRUCTION OF THE VOICE MAIL

jt369
February 29th, 2020

I have been a buyer on eBay for years now but I have noticed more and more the international shipping scam they now have going on. I used to love eBay but I refuse to pay $20-$50 to ship an item that is coming from outside of Canada. They say it is to cover shipping and customs charges. Well here's the thing, I have bought at least a hundred items, shipped from all over the world and only ONCE have I ever had to pay custom fees to the Canadian Customs. Their is no way for a buyer to opt out of this new shipping program and you know you don't get a refund for the unpaid customs fees. And, here's another kicker, you also pay a shipping fee for the shipper to send your item(s) to this rip-off shipping program. As long as eBay uses this scamming shipping program, I will no longer be a buyer.

karimk29
February 11th, 2021

I made a purchase as a guest that I didn't receive (I believe it was a scam), can't contact the seller or get a refund.

stephenh1280
June 25th, 2021

I recently purchased a car part from a vender in Europe. I DID receive it (took over 1.5 months to receive it) and upon opening it found out that it not only didn't fit my car but was manufactured incorrectly. I contaced the vendor and was told to return it for a refund. I spent over $40.00 shipping it back to them but never received my refund. Ebay Canada opened an investigation but rejected my case without giving me a decent explanation, I appealed that decision but within a day of them receiving it turned around and once again denied by claim. I didn't get my money back, the vendor kept the merchandise AND the money I paid to buy it and to make matters worse my credit card company recharged my account for the original 'credit' that they originally awarded me when I initially complained. Double Whammy! Thanks Ebay Canada. The vendor in this case (carbra-shop) was sleazy in the way they handled it but my real complaint was with Ebay Canada because they never went to bat for me. Never again with I purchase through Ebay Canada. Steve

martaw2
December 19th, 2016

Fast processing time, quite fast delivery, everything is visible on website, you received email confirmations, overall I'm very happy!

craigd55
November 15th, 2018

Tip for consumers:
List on .com and sell in US funds! 90% of our sales are outside of Canada!

edir4
November 23rd, 2019

One of the Worst website to purchase is not helpful description of the item
Is just a general description in the end you will received different items then what you except that's why Amazon is the leader on the Internet marketplace
Even Walmart is not friendly website

igorr10
February 27th, 2018

I purchased ring on ebay.ca paid $400USD with shipment. Seller vandpjewelryinc sent order without request for signature upon delivery. SHipmet was marked as delivers but I never got it. Post office can not email proof of delivery as no signature was requested. I filed complain and ebay sided seller. Next is even worst, when I submitted feedback they removed it. Customers are unprotected and they never will know problems and issues ebay is hiding from them.

miken108
December 10th, 2018

EBay has become nothing more than an expensive, unreliable scam that banks on the reputation created by scores of other reputable online merchandising operations. In the early days, Ebay held promise of something innovative, but sadly it has devolved into nothing more than a shady, sweaty, dirty pawn shop taking your money for, and only occasionally delivering, goods from mostly disreputable entities. It says on their app that after 30 days pass from the moment you send them your money, when you don't receive, it's not their problem. When placing an order, the moment your order is placed, the shipping date changes to more than 30 days, instantly invalidating their pathetically short time frame for ensuring some level of holding up their end of the bargain, and sending you the items you've just paid for. Ebay has become the true and accurate depiction of BAIT & SWITCH in the modern online world. Do yourself a favor and look for your items elsewhere, anywhere else in fact, as you will find your items for much less, and you will actually receive them along with actual service from a company that cares about your business. Ebay DOES NOT.

janec385
May 29th, 2019

I'm done with eBay. Seller sent incorrect item and could not provide return shipping label. Ebay advised meto contact the shipper and arrange for return. Seller asked me to return and agreed to pay for shipping. She did not like what I paid for shipping and refused to reimburse me. Ebay refused to help saying I should not have sent the item back without being reimbursed first, Moral of the story is that eBay is fine as long as you're dealing with an honest vendor and don't have any problems,

mickm41
September 4th, 2018

Bid on item and was successful, paid for it, later eBay removed item from my account and said, sorry it is unavailable, understand this is eBay not the seller. What is the point of entering into auctions if EBay can arbitrarily remove and ease said auction and you waste your time and risk your money, DISHONEST, also eBay refuses to stop the seller from jacking up shipping costs to cover price of item, EG. $10.00 item $120.00 shipping, DISHONEST, DISHONEST, very poor customer service.

alexa1888
April 2nd, 2017

I've been buying on here for about 10 years. So far I've only run into one nasty seller who wouldn't take responsibility for her inaccurate listing. Other than that, pretty much perfection.

betm6
October 9th, 2019

If you are Canadian you must sell on eBay.ca and receive Canadian money. If you are in USA you must sell on eBay.com and receive USA funds. If you are Chinese eBay allows them to sell on. Com and receive USA funds Double standards at best. Selling items has become a joke as everyone sells on Amazon now.

nancyb198
October 23rd, 2017

I must have looked at hundreds of earrings on Ebay.ca after looking at different sites. So my cute little studs were about $15-20 cheaper than anywhere else, and they are exactly what I needed. Also, I know there will be no problem if I have any issues. Kudos to Ebay.ca!

wayned96
September 12th, 2018

THE VERY POOREST RUN COMPANY IN AMERICA. HORRIBLE PROGRAMMING, HORRIBLE SALES, HORRIBLE SALES PRACTICES,,,,, THE PITS. RETURN PROCESS SUCKS, FEEDBACK MANIPULATED FOR BIG SELLERS, CONSTANT WEBSITE GLITCHES, IGNORANT SUPPORT, IDIOTIC HELP PAGES,,,,,

janeb158
March 16th, 2018

1. First of all i registered and when i went to log in a different user name came up with my email address. 2. i attempted to make a bid several times and on each occasion i got a message that i had exceeded my maximum number of allowed bids yet i had no registered bids(i think that maybe my bids were just less than they wanted)3. The majority of canadian ebay items were from the us so no bargain there 4. Items cost more than in the store and refurbished items were listed even higher than new items in the store basically... ebay.ca is just garbage

I've dealt with E-Bay for many years, and anytime I've had a problem, (twice, both Chinese vendors), E-Bay has helped in obtaining a refund. Now for a couple of caveats that I recently discovered: When you purchase from a U.S. vendor, E-Bay will helpfully convert the cost to Canadian dollars. And add a conversion premium of about 3.5% to your cost. Second, even brand new items may not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. So check before ordering! These two issues will likely see me take my future on-line purchases elsewhere.

By Ed V.