DSW Canada

DSW Canada has a consumer rating of 2.95 stars from 38 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. DSW Canada also ranks 87th among Shoes sites. The most common issues with DSW Canada are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• Keep you very well informed and customer service is friendly and accomodating.

• I would never order from Shoe Me again and will let all my friends and family know not to either.
  • Ordered a pair of shoes at a great discount for my son for Christmas on Nov 27 2014.
How would you rate DSW Canada?

“Lightening quick delivery, awesome product”

Helen P.
7/30/16

I ordered 3 pair of shoes from this Canadian company and I am very impressed with how quick the order arrived,. Items were sent by a courier company and arrived within one business day. The shoes fit very well (true to size) and are of good quality. The online site is easy to maneuver about and they have a great selection of products to choose from. I am very impressed with this company and will use them again for future footwear needs,

“company has no availlable website or phone number”

Lynn C.
2/14/17

i bought a pair of shoes and they sent the wrong size. the website no longer works, no phone number on internet, receipt or the original invoice number works i have emailed, called, facebook on my page and theirs, tweeted on my page and theirs and no answer anywhere so I have disputed the charge. Cant say anything good about this experience.

customer service (11) order (24) shoes (21) confirmation email (3) boots (8)
helenp28
July 30th, 2016
Hi Helen,

Thank you so much for the positive review. We are delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us and received your shoes super fast. Please do let us know if you ever have future inquiries.

lynnc86
February 14th, 2017
stevenc74
August 12th, 2015
I ordered shoes on July 21st 2015. To-day is August 12th & I have not received them. They were quick to charge my credit card the next day. Had to call customer service four times. The first two customer service reps never got back to me; third one sent me an email explaining the problem and offered an additional discount. I replied to her email, but never got an answer. I telephoned for the fourth time on August 11th. The rep offered the same discount and said the order would arrive in about one week.
barbarah150
February 15th, 2017
Sorry the company has not been successful, I've good always had good experiences and good personable service when necessary. ):
jodir14
February 23rd, 2016
I love to shop online and at this point in time most major sites are excellent to deal with - this one is not. I placed my order and it has been almost a month and I have yet to see it. Their site is not well thought out in terms of customer usability. Their customer service is rude and dismissive.

I realize that not every experience with a company will be perfect but when you have numerous negative experiences based on one transaction --- that means stay away in the future in my book!
Hey Jodi,

Thank you for the review. We are so sorry that you had a negative experience with us with regards to shipping and customer service back in February. We know this was a couple of months ago but we are looking to reach out to any guest who may have had a previous negative experience. If you would like to check your private messages we have sent one onto you.

charliem53
February 26th, 2016
They don't mention it on the site, but any order could be subject to 10-13 business days processing before being shipped
Hey Charlie,

Thank you for the review. We know this was some time ago but we are looking to answer any previous queries our customers had. I am sorry the shipping times on the website proved misleading to you, this of course would not be our intention. It is something we are always looking into as we always want to provide the best service possible to our guests. If you ever have a query about an item before you place an order please reach out to the Style & Care team, they would be delighted to guide you in the right direction.

sergec1
August 5th, 2015
No problem with me, the good sandals were delivered in 8 days. They were the exact same model (Pikolinos Tariffa Fischerman) that the ones I love and bought in Positano in Italy 2 years ago. Fit perfectly, different color, 41 M. Otherwise, I would have prefered to try the shoes before buing them in internet.
jackiem73
November 16th, 2016
I bought a pai of boots and they were the wrong colour, so I called and easily changed my order. The pair of boots that I wanted was $5 more. The customer service lady was so nice and corrected my order before they shipped, as well, they didn't charge me the extra $5 for the boots I should have ordered. My boots arrived in 7 days, so it was a pretty quick delivery.
I had a great experience and I will definitely be shopping Shoeme again!
Shoes R. – Online Shoes Rep
Hi Jackie, Thank you so much for the great review. We are delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us and one of our agents could assist you with your exchange. Please know we are always here to assist when needed so feel free to give our Style and Care team a call or email. Thank you again Jackie.

christiang25
May 21st, 2015
I was given a 10$ gift card on the street once I read the small print it said to be used if spending more than 80$ and can't be combined with any other offers! Worse was once I was on Web page they have a summer 30 sale 30% off everything with exceptions apply! Again once I read small print basically every pair I wanted ended up being part of the exception brutal ! The Birkenstock shoes were already over priced! What a scam ! Don't bother wasting time on this site!
danl62
November 20th, 2015
I purchased a pair off shoes at the end of October , received the shoes ok but ever since I keep receiving these e-mail from shoeme , pop ups .
The hoes are china quality it says it all CHINA cheap !
erikat
April 5th, 2016
After ordering a pair of boots from them, they fell apart within 4 months of having them. I contacted customer service to see what could be done, and all they said was sorry, they have no warranty, hope we can do business again soon. Um no. A company that does not stand behind their product is not a company I wish to do business with. 4 MONTHS and the boots I ordered are completely unwearable. That is nonsense. They don't even seem to have an option on their website for customers to review the products so I can warn others of the poor quality of the item I purchased. It's unacceptable.

They also sent the wrong colour as well, but I didn't say anything about it, because I didn't mind the colour.
Hi Erika,

Thank you so much for leaving a review with us, I know this is dated back in April but we are looking to rectify any previous issues customers experienced.
We apologize for the product not being up to par and not receiving adequate help from Customer Service, this of course would not be our intention.
If you do still order with us, or you plan to purchase again please pop us an email at clientcare@shoes.com first. We would love to make this experience a good one.

barbarab130
February 27th, 2016
I have been a customer of Shoeme for close to 2 years now and in that period of time have ordered, exchanged, returned and kept numerous pairs of shoes. There is NEVER any problem returning an item that is unsatisfactory for an reason and even return shipping is free. They carry enough shoe brands that everyone should be able to find something that works for them. Customer service is awesome - the girls I have spoken with are always polite and go the extra mile to be helpful. Keep up the good work Shoeme and I'll be a faithful customer!!!!!
Hey Barbara,

Thank you for the great review of SHOEme. We are delighted to read that you had a great experience with us and are a frequent shopper. If there is anything else you need please feel free to reach out to the team.

moshinl
December 23rd, 2016
I ordered a pair of slippers, which their website said was in stock. Four days later, I got an e-mail saying that the slippers were in fact out of stock, would I like to order another pair instead. So I called in to customer service and they took my order for another style over the phone, after they confirmed that the new style was in stock. Three days later, I got another e-mail saying that the second pair was also out of stock! Unbelievable. I canceled my order because I don't have time to play this guessing game when I shop.
Hi Moshin,

Thank you for the review. We are very sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience with us with regards to our stock. We do want to apologize for this and offer you a discount code for a future purchase if you would like to check your private messages.

SHOEme.ca
joycew56
September 12th, 2017
I always had good experiences with shoeme,the shoes arrived promptly at my door step and were good quality. Also lots to choose from and had all sizes
juliep37
September 28th, 2015
I am a shoe lover, so I bought many shoes from them. They have a lot to choose from, and no sizes are usually sold out. A bit pricey, but they do have a lot of discounts, and quality leather shoes. They are pretty fast at shipping (within 48 hours, unless they have to order them from the US), and they arrive within a week. The shoes are true to size. Customer service is very helpful.
blueb6
March 9th, 2016
Shoes ordered after a long time scoping them out. Price jumped recently only on some models - of course including the one I needed. Never a sale on them - always on an exclusion list. Nice.
No other option to buy the size I need, so I give in and order. Processing very slow - almost two weeks before shipping. Then Purolator "safe drops" them leaving a notice right on the door telling anyone where to find them - and, the shoes sent are the wrong size.
Contact Shoeme, they initiate an exchange before I ask them to - I had asked how long an exchange would take, not to just go ahead with it. No resolution on the price jump or the very unsafe door drop.
I ship the wrong shoes back - that part seems to go ok.
Exchange tracking notice said that exchange was delivered yesterday, again, door dropped, despite my concern - but no notice on my door, no sign of box - just footprints leading to the same spot the first box was left. Sure looks like the exchange box was stolen, not exactly a surprise.
Ticket now open with Purolator, call to Shoeme as well. Now I'm being sent yet another pair...and am getting really suspicious about the authenticity of their stock. So, looks like I have to leave a placard on my door for Purolator about not abandoning my stuff to the universe if I'm not home and try to verify authenticity of what eventually comes, or, try to extricate my money from this mess. Very disappointing.
Hey Blue,

Thank you for leaving a review back in March about your experience with SHOEme.ca. We are looking to go back on any previous issues our guests had to see can we help. I know this issue may be resolved by now but please do check your private messages we have sent one onto you just there.

andreal38
November 5th, 2015
They have a poor inventory management system, the website is very misleading. You buy a pair of shoes, get an email saying you will receive a confirmation email when the product is shipped. You NEVER get that email.... weeks go by then YOU have to contact them to inquire about what the holdup is. THEY apologize and give you an extra 5% off and refund your money which takes another week!
$#*! service, although when you are pissed they are quite responsive and apologetic. I'd rather spend $$ on import taxes and duty at www.heels.com and know I am getting what I ordered!

Tip for consumers: Go somewhere else!

jenniferg74
August 20th, 2015
I ordered a pair of Palladium brand booties for a great price, $20 cheaper than any store I saw them in here in Calgary. Plus free shipping! I was happily surprised when they arrived in less than a week. Will shop on this site again!
judyg19
July 31st, 2015
I've found this site shoeme.ca and there are some killer deals. quality foot wear, boots, to sandals. they have a 40% off anything that's already on sale. The first pair I ordered and just love, are black deck shoots, extremely well made, fit great, great grip. now I've ordered 1 or 2 pairs more, but I don't even what shoes I've ordered. can't find the history yet. i'll figure out but I'm addicted now, this all coming from a middle age woman that wears her leopard slippers to the corner store, often with the matching leopard house coat. lol....ok....i'll have to ease myself back into some orthotics first....then go for the big girl 1/2" height...lol...now onto more bruises on my knees. definitely check them out. I will be recommending this site to everyone!
rogers147
August 26th, 2015
Purchased an item showed up a week later opened the package, wrong size, wrong colour return on my time and gas to the post office. Called C. S. Replacement will be sent right away. Off to a bad start
conallp
April 21st, 2015
I would never buy from Shoeme.ca again. I had a very bad experience with a return. It took over a month of calls and emails on my part to get it resolved. Even though I returned the shoes the day after I bought them, I was told that I'd waited too long to make the return and was only eligible for store credit. I had to get angry with two different people over the phone before I got my money back, which I really didn't appreciate. I finally got an apology email from them in which they admitted it was their mistake, along with a 15% off coupon, but it wasn't enough, frankly, to compensate for such a pointlessly aggravating experience.

In addition to that, in the past I've used Onlineshoes.com to buy shoes for relatives in the States but hey, now I can't because guess what - it's blocked by the wonderful folks at Shoeme.ca.
parhama
August 7th, 2015
Beautiful staff, great salesman, went the extra mile to make sure I was happy, if you know what I mean ;).
alecm36
February 20th, 2017
I bought so many great pairs of shoes for so cheap!
Sad to hear they shut down last month ...

lindap129
May 18th, 2016
I ordered a pair of shoes and paid extra to get quick delivery. Guess what, the quick happens only after the order is processed, which in my case took a week. Guess they do not understand that usually when you pay extra for fast delivery that means from the point you order, not from the point they PROCESS something or other.
I still do not have the shoes! over a week later. I tried to cancel everything since I wanted the shoes for a trip and I will not have them before I leave (I ordered them ten days before the trip by the way). . But after phoning, on the week end, three days later I get a notice that the order cannot be cancelled and so at some point they will be delivered to me and I can send them back and maybe get a refund.

Tip for consumers: Do not bother

dans118
September 27th, 2015
I ordered a pair of tall boots that didn't fit properly. Of course, before buying, I read the return terms and was satisfied... They sounded accommodating and I felt confident that there would be no issues. When I attempted to drop off the return at the courier outlet, the address I was directed to ended up being a town house in a residential neighbourhood. When I called later that day to figure out where I went wrong, I was told that the address information was accurate... With no suggestion of how to actually return the boots. I started emailing their support and received some auto replies that they'd get back to me.... And no one ever did. When I tried to use my log-in credentials, which I had several times before, no such account existed. My account had been cancelled. A few months later, I got a "welcome to shoe me.ca!" message out of the blue. It made me wonder how many others they'd done this to. Ended up giving the boots to my sister in law... At least it wasn't a complete waste. Please don't buy anything from this site.

Give up and get what you can for the shoes elsewhere

By Dan s.