Review of DigitalRiver

DigitalRiver reviews

hostmaster@digitalriver.com

quirrac
12/11/17

I ordered an antivirus called AVAST and they did answer all my concerns and delivered the software to me.. Great job guys.

michaelp216
12/7/17

I have charges on my credit card from DR, digital river, never used the company and the charges are fraudulent. I am changing all passwords and card numbers. If this happened to you also you better change all your info!

owenm43
10/1/17

I have tried twice to cancel this and once again they have renewed it without my authorization. This morning I will be calling Consumers Affairs.

kasiaj2
9/28/17

I logged on to my bank to make some payments and transfers.
I noticed a charge for $49.95 - did not recognized so I called my bank. They told me it's Digital River. I did not authorized this transaction. It's a scam! No number to contact, no idea where the company is registered for their operations. I have talked to fraud department and taking further action.I also cancelled my card Beware, they will make you their customer whether you like it or not!!!

mariok19
9/25/17

This outlet is mismanaged. Call Center in Philippines would not address your concern. A Nightmare if you are unlucky to buy from them. After charging my credit card still waiting 14 hours to receive the product's serial number.

rajs54
9/15/17

I bought this EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional (466912) but it was not useful and its not good software. No refund. it seems its scam

stephaniem214
9/12/17

I got that auto renew email just like everyone else. Here's what I did to cancel (and fingers crossed that it works!)
I called my credit card company, was told that there was a charge from 1 year ago on a different credit card # (but it automatically will transfer to my new card) from Avast Digital River.
The number associated with this company was 952-908-4089.
Even though the automated voice says they do not deal with online, that is not true, stay on the line and get to a regular customer service person for "non-technical" support.
I ended up speaking with someone located in the Philippines! I told him this was a scam and that if he did not help me I would go to the local news station.
He helped me to cancel the auto-renew in like 3 mins.
Now I just have to wait for my next billing cycle to confirm there was no charge.
If I do get charged, my plan will be to dispute the charge with my credit card company, and I may actually go to the news station.

markd229
8/8/17

jut got phone-call from my bank about some transactions ..one of which 'Digital River Ireland' for some AV software from an hour ago ! I have not made this purchase, unsure who and how they got my details but , just to add my voice to this growing number of scams using Digital River and bump the thread back up.

sethf20
6/10/17

Made several requests for refund on software, which was worthless. It ran for approximately seven hours with absolutely no results as it was slow, CPU intensive, and complete waste of money. Their web page is deceptive as the software clearly did not have a high recovery rate and speed on our machine with plenty of memory and processing power. It rendered our machine unusable for the entire seven plus hours it ran. No way to contact customer service other than web based form. Thereafter, ignored my request no less than five times for immediate refund despite 90-day money back guarantee. Will be leaving appropriate feedback all over social media so others do not make the same mistake!

darrelb11
3/2/17

I got an email from avast@digitalRiver telling me my Avast anti-virus would update automatically 2 weeks before my year contract would end and I would be charged if I did not reply to a website with a number and password given to cancel the automatic update. The link to cancel did not work. Luckily, I had changed my credit card last year and the one that they tried to use which was correctly my old one did not work so I got another email from them informing me of that fact and asking me to update my payment information. I was not able to contact a human to update my card number and I did not want to do it their web site online. I'm glad I checked this site before dealing any more with DigitalRiver. I called the store where I bought my PC and the first Avast software that they still recommend Avast virus protection as better Macafee which I can get free from my internet server. Thanks for your posts. I'll try to order it direct from Avast, I have not been able to find a human at Advast either and am hesitant to buy again from a company that has no humans answering the telephone and must provide DigitalRiver my credit card information..

chatint
1/27/17

Went though on my Paypal with bogus email and phone #. Have found no way to get my money back. Don't even use the subscription product they charged me for. Email address on file bounces back invalid. Paypal would not help because they said I have an agreement.

karenl171
1/18/17

I thought I was buying Acrobat from Adobe and somehow they sent me on to Digital River without me realizing it until I received a past due notice. First I thought it was a scam but Adobe confirmed them as a reseller. Digital River would only take a check. Since paying I have received 3 past due notices (never received the first invoice). The check was processed. The invoice includes Adobe's number for payment questions on Digital River letterhead. When you call the Adobe number, which is a call center in India, the operator disavows any knowledge of order and refers you back to a Digital River number, who gives you the runaround and sends you back to Adobe. I even have a customer order #, but apparently neither company can look up order information by that number, our name, or phone number. I've tried multiple times hoping to get more knowledgeable operators with no luck. The software is fine, but don't buy anything from them, ever.

stevenh99
11/6/16

I ordered a tablet through nvidia's website. Digital River are the distributors for nvidia.
I really should have done some research beforehand because had I known how bad Digital River were, I would never have ordered.
They sent me a used tablet that had clearly been returned to them for a refund as the previous customers return slip was in the box with the tablet!
I eventually got a refund but only after submitting a claim through paypal, it really was like getting blood out of a stone.

bonniej24
10/8/16

I paid for the program smartpcfixer 5.2 to specifically fix an error, Ox80070570. Immediately after downloading and installing the program my computer stopped working. It could not access any program, and even had trouble shutting down. When I tried to reboot, it said there was an error and could not boot. Do not trust this company!!!!!!

williams512
10/4/16

Liars! Scammers! Avoid doing business with Digital River!

stevenn21
9/19/16

I ordered MediaWidget from this company. Installed it on my computer and it did not work. Of course they charged my credit card I've requested a refund and have yet to receive it. The technical support they offer does not allow you to converse with anyone via phone. All correspondence is by email and it take them 48-72 hours to respond to any request. Their customer service is awful. If I could rate them in the negative column I would. One star is far too high a rating for them!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE! I wish I had read the reviews before i purchased the product.

jakes71
8/27/16

I have been trying to purchase ACDSee Ultimate Pack through Digital River for many months.

Whenever I attempted to pay using a credit card or PayPal, the order was immediately cancelled, even though all information (e.g. the name and the billing address) was 100% correct. I tried several different credit and debit cards and both my business and personal PayPal accounts. I also tried placing the order both through my desktop and my cell phone.

On August 8, 2016, I decided to place an order of the Ultimate Pack again, this time paying using a wire transfer (paying the wire transfer fee on top of the order total). I got an Order Confirmation with wire transfer instructions.

I made the payment using a wire transfer exactly in accordance with the instructions provided by the online store, including the Wire Transfer Reference Number. The wire transfer was booked on August 9, 2016.

Several days went by, and nothing happened. I wrote to the online store and got the response that my order was cancelled and that "orders are typically cancelled when incorrect billing information is used".

Even though I sent proofs of payment several times (obtained from online banking), the online store customer service representatives insisted that I need to send "an actual proof of purchase" or "an actual proof of payment".

I have discussed the issue with a manager at my bank, and she told me that the wire transfer cleared correctly on our side and that she advises that the recipient contacts their bank and asks them to find it. She also gave me a printout of the transaction record, saying "this is the best we can do". I sent this document by fax to the online store.

Finally, on August 17, 2016, they said "I have received the attached proof of payment" and that they will locate the payment and send it back to me. More than a week passed, and, again, nothing happened.

On August 26, 2016, I sent a follow-up email and got no response. I got the following response to my August 27, 2016 email: "We've looked into the status of order number *** and show that it has been cancelled. Your credit card has not been charged." (I have replaced the order number here by '***' for privacy reasons.)

From this pattern of responses, I have to assume that Digital River is refusing to refund my wire transfer payment for the order that they cancelled.

It is not a good business practice to arbitrarily cancel orders and then even refuse to refund a wire transfer payment that was made in accordance to the wire transfer instructions provided to the client. The latter is also theft and exposes Digital River to legal liabilities.

Digital River is legally obligated to provide the refund in the full amount of $53.03.

I have submitted a complaint to Better Business Bureau. It it doesn't help, I will submit complaints to Minnesota Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission.

mattd65
6/30/16

I recently ordered a top spec Lenovo laptop from Digital River UK to replace an old machine on its last legs. At the point of ordering Lenovo quoted about 2 weeks for delivery. There were however no less than 4 changes to delivery estimate - totaling about 5 weeks. I cancelled the order, but they had already shipped a docking station (ordered at the same time). I am still awaiting a returns number for the docking station - which is no longer required. I was able to order a comparable machine for less money from Dell and the order was processed and delivered in 3 working days, whereas I am still waiting for a reply to my emails about the docking station from Digital River. Please save yourself the stress and aggravation and shop elsewhere.

pamk15
3/9/16

I purchased McAfee Total Protection virus software from this company that scams you into thinking you are buying from McAfee as their logo shows up when you buy. I spent 2 hours downloading and it uninstalled my old protection but did not install the new version. I spent 8 hours so far on the phone with McAfee who said there server does not work with theirs so they attempted for days with no luck. Then I had to repurchase directly from McAfee who told me they would process refund but I was double billed. I would NEVER buy anything from this company again.

luiss41
11/4/15

How can this company be reported to the Better Business Bureau? And if they have been, why are they still in business? Order "IMtoo Video Converter" last year and NEVER got a response to any of my emails for their faulty and crappy product.

alanf41
10/28/15

I originally downloaded a TRIAL version of Kaspersky Internet Security off Google .. after a few weeks decided 'buy'...clicked on 'buy' to get a validation code....paid thru PayPal..thinking I was dealing direct with Kaspersky Australia...after paying and getting the order confirmation realised I was grossly overcharged of A$88.95(for 1 Mac for 1year) instead of A$39.00 (1 mac for 2 years)..tried contacting Digital River, by several emails..never received any reply...What a con !!

geekt
7/22/15

I have recently bought a Lenovo equipment to be shipped to the Netherlands.

I never received my order so I called Customer Service asking for a refund. As I have been previously defrauded by lousy/not customer centric support. I asked them to actually send me a confirmation email, stating that the refund process had just been initiated.

Today I called to follow up on my refund and I was told that they could not see any information about a refund on my account. Only that it was dispatched to a warehouse somewhere in The Netherlands. I tried to say that I had a confirmation email and even had the name of the person who actually sent it to me. After this the assistant got all defensive saying she would speed up the process and that up to a max of 10 business days I should expect the refund. I asked if I could receive a confirmation and her name so I could follow (again) in the event of not receiving anything (as I suspect will happen) which she promptly denied.

DIGITAL RIVER - Only given 1 Star because the system won´t allow me to go any lower...

robertd118
5/1/15

I chatted with a customer service rep online and he told me to call customer at a particular phone number for help. The rep answered as Kaspersky and did absolutely nothning but tell me to call technical support. I asked for a supervisor and only then did I find out it was not Kaspersky but Digital River. They made no attempt to help me or go beyond insulting me and telling to go away. I will not support such an organization nor Kaspersky if they stand in a circle and point to the next person to help you but never do anything. What a joke.

markh133
12/11/14

I took up Digital River / Beanstream with my volusion store.
I quite like the backend which is straightforward, the support from the advisors is freely available and the integration with Volusion was easy.
However if you are a UK user forget it! Digital River are new to the UK (2014) and it shows, basically the system is a fraud waiting to happen. And it happens.
The fraud prevention advertised is virtually none existent; I personally lost over £15000 due to charge backs which appeared legitimate.
To put that into perspective the target chargeback for any business should be less than 1%, I had approximately 30% under Digital Rivers Payment Gateway.
I even called the Digital River team on one of the big orders and was assured that systems were in place to check data.
The Pre Authorisation does not however check data, it does not check name, it does not check address, it does not check which country the card was issued in, it does not check IP, it does not even check if it is a man or a woman.
The AVS Address verification system does not work for UK users due to their banking partners! Who happen to be JP Morgan.
There is no current reason to use this system in the UK unless you want to lose your business.
Am I bitter Oh Yes!
This has virtually shut down my business.

anthonyt26
6/25/14

I am finally fed up enough with Digital River to post a complaint and suggest that vendors should seriously consider using an alternate option.

About six months ago I received an email from Nuance promoting an introductory price for DNS. I placed the order for a download version and added backup CD. Subsequently my order was rejected for the download version, but not for the CD. Nice to have spent money on a CD without getting the license. On complaint to Nuance they said it was a problem with Nuance and could care less. I ended up purchasing DNS 12 recently through Amazon. Guess what, I used the same credit card and address!

Today I went to order an annual subscription to screencast. My order was rejected twice using the same credit card and address as for Nuance. A call to TechSmith sales and I was able to make the order without problem. Again using the same credit card and address.

I am sick and tired of Digital River and will avoid them at all cost. If a vendor does not offer an alternative to purchasing their product through DR, I will not purchase the product.

They took more then 100$ from us, without anything!!! Im in 5th month of pregnancy and all in stress because this was money for my TESTS for our baby!!!!!! Ill sue their filthy asses for my EMOTIONAL DISSTRESS AND MAKE YOU CLOSE THIS BS COMPANY!

By Gosia G.

Digital River sells no products. Whoever you bought from uses Digital River to get your money. A middle man, secretary, agent etc.

By Astrid N.
Questions? Get answers from the DigitalRiver staff and other customers.

DigitalRiver?