Review of MailChimp

2018 Customer choice award

oussamac
OussaMa C.
3/12/19

Most marketers use mailchimp. I see lots of my friends use it. Very positive support experience and excellent price. Great that you can start on a free package.
I'm happy with Mailchimp

alicec208
11/22/18

I love the service it has not let me down since I've been deployed overseas
trying to keep up with my projects.

toddh20
11/20/18

I could almost give them their props for providing pretty designs and offering free service besides paid options. Unfortunately, I can't give them a decent rating.

The navigation process on their site is too slow plus my bottom line wasn't met. Though you can create pleasing campaigns, preview them and send a test email to yourself, it's too hard to actually send newsletters and introduction messages to subscribers you listed in their system.

gregb275
8/31/18

Great service. Great company. I have never had a problem with my marketing campaigns. Unlike other providers, which dont always follow through the agreements.

davidw1071
8/12/18

I have used many email platforms, this one is definitely the best. It's the cleanest UI experience. Make sure you clean your lists before uploading, they are strict on bounces, etc.

mateog4
2/24/18

Mailchimp by far is the easiest and quickest way to build a list, and start staying in touch with your customers via e-mail. The free option allows up to 2000 contacts and even automated campaigns. Must use for any business.

dwayner13
9/12/17

I've used mailchimp in the past along with a few other providers and they have done a nice job of offering support even though mostly online.

jamiem33
5/15/17

The whole Colouricious business is based on Mailchimp - it is totally fabulous! Basically you write one email to your own database - our's is currently 10,000 subscribers and we send a newsletter every week via Mailchimp which generates our branding and our sales. Without Mailchimp our company would not have grown as big, ever, probably. One link to sign up for newsletter is the way forward for any company & Mailchimp is incredible. Love it!

roberta408
4/17/17

I really love MailChimp service and I believe it's one of the best email marketing solutions out there.

One thing I can't figure out is their weird pricing model: the FREE plan allows you to store up to 2000 subscribers, while the PAID plan worth $20/mo only allows up to 1500 subscribers. Is that fair?

davidd304
1/30/17

My company uses mailchimp for the sending of all our system related emails to customers, password resets, alerts the customer has configured, receipts, etc.

We have had a few issues with MailChimp in the past six months and they literally offer ZERO customer service. Well, they do offer email, but their response time is many hours. When you have a critical portion of your system (like email being sent to your customers) a response time of many hours is simply not acceptable.

On top of all that their prices went through the roof. We were spending almost nothing for this service and now we are spending about $1500 per year. When the price first jumped I thought, "Well things can only be free for so long." But the customer service did not change, improve, and frankly it seems to have gotten worse.

We will be moving away from Mailchimp ASAP.

jaredg11
12/15/16

I tried to get through to my once baby mother with it when she had me blocked on everything else and even though she still wouldn't be reasonable, I appreciate the chance

annav15
12/1/16

(1) Neat that you can upload your own templates. But sometimes Sublime text says my template is perfect while Mailchimp cannot render it correctly and I need to add extra tags just to satisfy Mailchimp.
(2) Neat file managing system. Basically, like a CMS - no need to worry about locating files on your business FTP server.
(3) Pricing bites sometimes.
(4) I wish they offered more options for conditions: like "send this campaign to people on this list who did not read my previous email".

laurat61
4/6/16

lots of great templates to help with email campaigns

lindab181
12/2/15

Great email marketing tool!. I highly recommend it!

andyt19
6/15/15

Our team is using this tool for a while until such time they stopped in sending emails because of the increase of our subscribers. The sending of emails is cool though, User-interface friendly.

patrickm91
5/11/15

This is a decent eblast service, but I definitely see room for improvements. Especially, with the lists. It would be helpful if you could view the whole list and uncheck a few you don't want to send to. There are several templates to choose from, but it seems they're all about the same. I do like when you preview, it shows you what it will look like on a mobile device. I don't know, it gets the job done, but I would like to see more flexibility.

philm22
9/8/14

You would have to be an awful business person to use mail chimp. How can you use a system that only has service M-F 9a to 5p? Is that what is good for the customer or the company. How can you as a business person, give money to a company that can shut down your email program at their whim because their "system" flags something and then YOU have to work to prove you were not wrong.

jimmym43
7/17/14

This site is very convenient and easy to use. It's also free if you have under a certain amount of emails a month.

bajuk
1/14/14

It's nice design, with free stuff.

Love it <3

josephf27
10/21/13

For starters, this is completely free if you only have under 12000 email newsletters per month. For that reason alone I would have given it a 5 star rating. The problem is that they do not have the more robust features of other email newsletter companies to send surveys, participate in events and other features that many need.

stephenb56
7/23/13

Excellent, simply, easy to use and their customer service is really good. Their livechat function is so useful.

sarahm50
6/26/13

I recommend this site if you need to send emails to mass amounts of people. I have a medium sized book club and I use it to message all the members daily for free. It's easy and free for up to like 1000 people. I never tried the paid membership but i am guessing it offers great service as well.

mrn1
8/5/11

Mailchimp (apart from their delightful chimp mascot) is a responsible, reliable and entertaining service for managing a subscription mailing list. You don't need any software of your own: Mailchimp manages it all, and for modest mailouts (up to around 1000 people) it's all free.

They deserve a banana.

21 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the MailChimp staff and other customers.

MailChimp?