Amazon Associates reviews

Seattle, Washington 98109, United States
Tel: 1-800-372-8066

tonya193
1/16/19

I am totally shocked by how insensitive, autocratic, and uncaring the people are who run the Amazon Associates Program. After spending weeks of time and spending a considerable amount of money setting up a First Class Website with Hundreds and Hundreds of Amazon Products (https://femdomemporium.com/), I then unveiled the Website, and began to spend more money with Google Ads marketing the site.
People started buying products and I started earning the Measeley 4% or 7 % commission on the products which they were buying. I figured that over time, as the Website built followers, I would eventually start making some money due to volume.
Sorry - that didn't happened.
Without any warning or advice from Amazon, I received an email telling me that Amazon was shutting down my Associate Account because I had prices on my website.
Yes, I made a mistake. I honestly didn't know that I couldn't show any prices on my Website. Instead of giving me a chance to fix the problem, they shut me down. I could have fixed the problem in a couple of hours. Instead, I am now spending days taking all of the Amazon Products off of my website, and replacing them with products from other sources. I've been at it for three days already, and still have a long way to go to get all of the Amazon Products off of my Website.
Absolutely sickening how they could be so insensitive to someone who put up a first class website and was selling their products. No chance to fix the mistake. They just shut you down not even taking into consideration all of the work that you went through to build the links for hundreds of their products, or the money you spent marketing those products. They think that their Shi.. doesn't stink. No concern for the little guy making them money.
If you want to make money, I'd suggest that you spend your time and energy building a site without Amazon.
A Disgusted and Depressed Former Amazon Associate

stepheng252
11/5/18

I created an affiliate account and added hundreds of items to multiple websites. After about 10 sales in a few weeks they cancelled my account. Said they could not get to my sites. Can you? Here they are

stephaniep195
9/4/18

I work for a couple different companies that have an Amazon Associate program setup. My experience has been mixed in the past, but recently getting setup with a new enrollment has been the most frustrating, drawn out, and seemingly impossible task.

The new account was setup, just as all the others. All the requested business information, bank information for payment, tax information for payout, etc. During the 1st week while our account was being "fully reviewed" for setup you can typically start creating links and using them. So we wanted to get up and running right away. However, the Product Linking API, was not available for some reason so I contacted support. Support informed me that Amazon is no longer allowing associate accounts to access this feature without approval and a business justification. So the associate on the phone walked me through submitting such a request on their site, and said I should hear back in a couple days.

A couple days went by and I received a response saying our business justification for access to the Product API is not valid. So they would not give us access to this feature, and they are deactivating our Amazon Associate account. Since these are two separate issues and access to the Product API shouldn't have any impact on our associate account I attempted to reach out to get details. So far, we have reached out more than half a dozen times requesting reinstating our account or justification as to why the account itself has been deactivated, to no avail. Days after each time reaching out we have received the same copy and paste generic response above. Frustrating and just plain terrible customer service!

isabelam7
7/2/18

(Amazon) my order has not been received, the order was placed on June 26,2018 and it was supposed to arrive on June 30,2018. My problem is as on my amazon account shows that my order has been delivered, but it's not like that. I wrote a message to customer service Amazon to which I was responded with indifference from a consultant service, that my order has been delivered. The order was not delivered to my address,there is definitely a mistake from the courier.the courier delivered the command to the wrong address. and I also lost money and I didn't get the order!they said they would not refund money,I'm annoyed and disappointed by the Amazon company! be careful when ordered from them!

myrac5
6/11/18

I ordered 2 sets of wireless ear buds and paid an extra $15 For express delivery . This took place since April 4th. I did not receive my order within the express delivery date and on top of it all I still haven't received my order nor can I get a refund and the company will not even answer my request to be refunded for the items I never received. The supplier is Dingrui co.Ltd. I will never order from Amazon ever again.

christinap122
6/10/18

The difference between a good company and a bad one is the way they treat their employees and affiliates! I have sent about a few 100,000$ in sales. However Amazons terms of service is designed to make you fail! No matter how loyal you are to them, they will shut you down and keep your money. I called everyday to make sure I was in compliance, I was told yes! I would also ask the same question to different representatives and get a differnt answer, it was literally how the person on the other line interprets the Terms of sevice. I was shut down anyway resulting in a loss of over 8k! According to the TOS they can delete you and keep your earnings With or Without cause! Apparently they think people just do this as a hobby! Not the case. Im a mom of 4. I took a huge blow. Do not work with amazon because your loyalty to them will not matter. They must get FREE advertising from affiliates whom they just shutdown after a while and keep their money also! Stay far away! Their terms of service was designed to make you fail!

tylere17
5/2/18

Started a new website and decided to use Amazon Affiliate program. Even though I got a couple sales, they claimed that it wasn't a "new customer". So they kicked me out of the program. I spent hours building the new website and was getting more traffic and clicks directed to Amazon. But still kicked me out. I do not recommend using Amazon's affiliate program.

hikinggearl
1/10/18

Comparing to all Affiliate Programs, Amazon Affiliate program is the best available in the world. If you are loyal to your advertising site, Amazon will be very loyal to you. Promoting products are made very easy on the platform. Moreover, Amazon made very easy for associates to promote their different products internationally by introducing "OneLink".
The reports are very transparent and helpful to associate.No doubt, the advertising fee payment system is to be appreciated.

maz103
8/27/17

Affiliate publishers who participate in the Amazon Associates program can promote any page or product they find on Amazon and can earn affiliate revenue for it. Amazon Associates is very simple and requires no input from merchants. It just amazing.

ronniew15
2/13/17

I join the Associates which cost me $2500 dollars later is showed I have 9xx dollars in my account but when I asked for the money I have never heard from them sense, I have tried to call and sent emails and they would not return my calls or answer my email so therefore I was scammed out of my money.

waynes49
5/8/16

no problems with delivery from united states god people to do business with service great delivery always on time and if you have a problem ring them they fix asap dont worry wayne

manuelp13
4/18/16

I joined amazon associates some years ago and i had 8 GBP earned in my account.
This sum suddenly disappeared in the meantime...

When i tried to contact them and ask where are my money they responded:

"Dear Associate,

Thank you for contacting the Amazon Associates Programme.

I have checked your records and can confirm that your total amount earned is 0.00GBP. Therefore you are not owed any money to date."

maryh148
4/12/16

very pleased with the large selection of ebooks that kindle has to offer.

kellyc88
4/6/16

I discovered something that is really bad about Amazon. If you use Amazon to promote specific products here is the big problem: You put rectangular boxes on your site that have a "Shop Now" button on the bottom. When someone clicks on it they get a very intimidating message from Amazon that says "Please confirm that you wish to add this item to your cart." The customer is given a second link that says "No thanks! Please return me to Amazon.com." 19 out of 20 customers will bail no matter how much they were interested in the product. To make matters worse, Amazon erases the record of an affiliate link click. Even if the customer ends up buying the product or another product in the same category, the affiliate gets zero credit because Amazon automatically deletes the cookie showing a click on the Amazon link.
When using Amazon Associates you can avoid this problem by creating links to categories of products based on a search term, not links to single products. Be aware that you will have serious problems if you use links to specific products on your website. Who wants to be told that they can't look at reviews or other information about a product before they actually add it to their cart?

badeks
3/6/16

I have used this site for my blog and website creation. I don't tend to earn much. Easy to display ads, banners, links and widgets. The Astore function is really cool. I shop on Amazon alot. http://astore.amazon.com/pleasetakealo-20 I am in the UK and joined the US site first. It's a shame that you can't merge the UK and US account together.

carsenh
12/9/15

I ordered an item from aliexpress and the estimated arrival date was 15-20 days from when I purchased it. It's been over three months since I placed the order and I've never received the item, even though the tracking number incorrectly states that it was delivered two months ago. I have contacted aliexpress many times to dispute the order but have been told to be patient, or that I will receive the full refund. But it also says not to reply to the email! So how the heck am I supposed to get the refund? This is the worst communication I've ever experienced with a business and not only do I not recommend it, but I'm going to spread the word about it's incompetence, and about how it stole my money.

giovannym
7/13/15

I bought art, lamps on offer, Variety of items, deliveries to most countries, accessible prices. You can create your store and you can easily sell other items and receive reward.
You can track your items.
One of the biggest businesses in the world

kyms
9/28/14

excellant experience, just love the site, no other words, bunches thanks

seanp15
12/17/13

This is good affiliate program because lots of internet users purchase from it and also it is trusted eCommerce website. This program beneficial only for publishers. If you want to participate here then you need a good website or blog to generate huge extra income.

pantryg
5/12/11

Lots of amazing products for your store.

kevinb7
12/9/10

Amazon own a swarm of traffic with the busiest intersections, they probably have the largest inventory online boasting a stupid number of products, a stupid number. Sales and their threshold on the market is an iron fist, their prices and range alone do this as well as brand awareness, So to have an affiliate programme offering very little is understandable, it does make a nice training ground for new comers.

Where i can't help but give them an evil grin, the affiliate tools and options? in my opinion are designed to fail, their cookie policy is a slap in the face, visually? there isn't a lot freedom as to what you can do? how you choose to integrate amazon with your site? if i came across a site with an amazon link and maybe had something i thought was interesting i'd go straight to amazon by passing there affiliate link simply cause it's straight ugly I did however discover amazon through no doubt an affiliate but i never bought anything, in my experience i found no way at all to integrate them into my sites as the tools are limiting at least with google ads you are able to customise them completely, at best a square banner that was high res and clear from amazon maybe maybe i'd use it. So yeah my guess is the affiliate programme is indeed set to fail pushing more and more consumers to visit direct.

Thirdly merchants are or can be unreliable so if you are with amazon be sure to check merchant outlets, make sure there direct outlets not third party shipping, but thats a whole new conversation

samanthag2
7/10/10

Amazon hardly makes it worth your while to affiliate with them. They're incredibly cheap about commissions and hold your funds for quite awhile. On the plus side, they make doing affiliate business very easy and their banners, links, etc. are easy for a novice.

paloa
5/30/08

Amazon.com's affiliate program is only OK for publishers - Everyone loves to buy stuff at Amazon.com. But for publishers, Amazon's affiliate program doesn't offer much to get excited about. On the upside, Amazon offers a number of attractive widgets for your users to click on, search for Amazon products, etc and their website is easy to use. But Amazon's 4% referral rate doesn't get me too excited (although its 10% on the Kindle which makes me think they're having a hard time selling them) and they don't offer many (any?) coupons or deals. Link Share has been a lot more profitable for me.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon Associates staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Amazon Associates