Review of CollegeXpres

Tel: 661-878-7832
customerservice@collegexpres.com

keyleea
9/21/18

Within one day of purchasing my book, my account was charged. I have been waiting since LAST MONTH for my book. The only way to contact this company is by messaging them on their website. They claim to respond to your message within 24 hours or "as soon as possible", however this is a complete lie. I've sent multiple messages within the past two weeks and I have gotten 0 replies. Not having my book is frustrating because by next week I am going to be tested on material that is in the book that I have yet to receive. CollegeXpres is a joke.

Tip for consumers: Buy your books from another website and make sure that website is trustworthy.

ashleyh229
5/30/18

Luckily my bank caught on before I did. Company tried to double charge me under different names for the same amount. No response from them since I emailed them confronting the charges. Too good to be true for sure.

karenw272
1/14/18

Ordered my cheap book. I never got an email confirmation. Logged back in 5 days later to check on the status. "Out of stock. Order cancelled." They never communicated this to me. I'm a week into classes and now I have to find another book. And see if they charged me. Do not order. They are shady AF.

wendys139
12/25/17

I was so impressed with the book prices. I never received any shipping notice so after a week i emailed them...the response I got was out of stock...order cancelled. Thank you for not letting me know sooner and for already taking the money out of my account. I emailed them insisting on an immediate refund...lets see what happens.

daynad3
11/26/17

I ordered a specific book and was shipped a different edition. I contacted the company via email and was told they didn't have what I ordered so they just shipped the next edition automatically. I could not use the edition I received so I wanted to return it. It took me 2 months of back and forth emails to get the return information. I paid the return shipping and then they charged me $20 re-stocking fee! A re-stocking fee for a book I did not order, shipped to me in error!!!! The customer service response e-mails were completely rude and even though I demanded a full refund, they kept the $20 and stopped responding to me. I hate this company and I'm telling every student I know NEVER to use them. I'm going to write as many public reviews as I can! It is FRAUD to ship a different book than ordered and then charge for the return. Worst experience ever!!!!

kaylah53
11/12/17

Do not order from this website. First of all, there's no phone number to call, they just provide an email address. You can't track down your package. I even emailed them for a refund, and they replied a week later saying that there's a fee for returns.... who does that???? You are not supposed to pay fees for returns. But all in all I reported the website and called my bank to get my money back. Do not order from these frauds!

romank37
5/7/17

I bought a book from them, but these people turned out to be double liars. First of all, they say that "The international edition has the same text as North American (or any other)." This is plain lie number one. They are different and it is stated right on the book when you receive it. These liars don't care. And second, they say that "Almost all books come with original access codes, etc., only in rare cases the book is missing the original CD". However, the book I bought didn't come with access codes it's supposed to have. And they are telling me "we never said that it comes with codes". So most likely, this was wasted money. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! STAY AWAY! Remember, if something's cheap, it's always for a reason!

shawnt32
1/14/16

Read reviews after I placed the order and was concerned. However, we received what we ordered quickly. It is the international edition but they tell you that and that's why they are cheap! Different cover but exact same content and pages/numbers. We saved $200!

meganh23
10/13/15

I ordered a Soil Science book from this website before doing any research because the price was so good. I looked up reviews after the fact and about had a heart attack. However, I received the book I ordered in about a week, it was in excellent condition, and it makes no difference to me that it's the international version (and they informed me that it was going to be the international version before I purchased it, you just gotta read the website). All in all, I am pleased with the service I received and may consider purchasing through this company again.

jaker23
2/6/14

I order for my son a book for college last week.it arrived via DHL.in 4 days.

Easy communication with seller

My son is happy with the book

luisv7
9/17/13

HORRIBLE SITE. I PLACED AN ORDER BACK ON THE 31 OF AUGUST, THE BOOK WAS RETURNED TO THEM BECAUSE OF BAD ADDRESS. WHEN I LOOKED AT THE SHIPPING ADDRESS, THE ADDRESS WAS CORRECT. IT LOOKS LIKE THEY WROTE THE WRONG ADDRESS. I HAVE SEND THEM SEVERAL EMAILS AND I GET NO REPLIES. I AM TRYING TO GET A REFUND FROM THEM AND I GET NOTHING. DON'T EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM.

vickiw4
9/15/13

I ordered 2 college textbooks from this company and had no problems. I knew I was getting the international version(stated clearly on the website). The international version is exactly like the US version except the cover is not a hardback and the picture is different. Page by page the exact same. I saved over $250. If you read the website before you buy you will not be surprised when the book is delivered. My books came within a week of ordering. The reason I did not give the site 5 stars is because you cannot contact them directly. All in all I was quite happy with my purchase.

susanneg
9/8/13

HORRIBLE. I placed an order for a college neuropsych book for my daughter, provided my cc info and recd confirmation of purchase. 4 days later, I receive an email stating they have cancelled my order. My daughter was desperate for that book and had already had one class without it. I thought this was a "good" website, trying to help people with lower cost books, but now I think its a scam. The price for the book was wonderful, but apparently the people behind it are inconsiderate, unconscionable crooks.

jans45
7/31/13

Ordered my sons chemistry book and they sent me the international version with a completely different ISBN so I called the textbook distributer and they told me that it is illegal to sell the international copy in the states. I decided to take it up with Visa...these guys are clearly crooks...Visa told me they are a big red flag as the transaction shows up in Hong Kong....STAY AWAY...DO NOT ORDER. The site looks totally legate, I never thought to check reviews...fool I was!

my70
7/11/13

Fraudulant Company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered one book and they sent me a completely different one. I contacted them through their confirmation email that they sent me (since there is no contact information on their website). They asked me to return the book. I sent it to the address that they provided and the book came back with the comment from USPS that they moved. Not only did I get taken for the book price I also got taken for postage to send it back to them. I have recently notified them that they provided the wrong address and have not responded. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bokanih
4/16/13

These guys are running some sort of illegal printing ring for textbooks to students. TextbookXpres has very identical shady business practices to this website based on these reviews.

No tracking numbers or shipping confirmations, fake refund policy, illiterate emails as the only contact, books scanned/printed illegally in foreign countries.

Moral of the story is, do your research on the seller if you find a good book price so you can make sure you won't get cheated.

allisonp5
1/12/13

Absolutely horrific. I ignored reviews which was a huge mistake. It has been 2.5 weeks and my book has yet to arrive. It has said "shipped" for two of those weeks. They mention they send shipping confirmation and tracking, that is a lie. The response i got from customer service was "Hi we have mailed it usps last week. can you check again and wait to see if you get it by end of this week" which was a week ago, and i asked for the tracking information and three days later the response was "It was shipped package service. wait let me get the usps receipts" and then no response. Horrific service.

zinak
9/11/12

ordered my Chemistry book.....showed the picture of the book I needed and when it came it was the International version!!!!E-mailed the and they said the picture that was there was used as a reference!!!!WTH!!!!Then was told I would have to pay a $20.00 restocking fee to return it (in which they only give you 5 days after receipt and it takes 3 of them to get there!!!)This company is a crock!!!!STAY AWAY!!!!!

bobs25
1/24/11

Don't let the lowball prices fool you! I ordered an in-stock textbook after seeing that the company would send the purchase between 3 to 5 business days. The website also stated that an email would be sent with the tracking number. After a week, I received a poorly worded email complete with typos and misspellings telling me that my purchase was out of stock. There is no customer service number; only an email address where they state they hope to reply within 24 hours...amateurs. Spend the few extra dollars with a reputable company and avoid the hassle of trying to do business with collegexpres.com.

chriso1
3,053 helpful votes
10/23/10

This applies to, and is posted at, the review sections for the following websites:

cocomartini.com, bukmall.com, saanjhi.com, 8ookstore.com, collegexpres.com and textsociety.com

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!" ~ Sir Walter Scott

Here's a tale of disappointed students to tug at your heartstrings. Or perhaps not ...

From Sandy D:
"Don't order from this company! I placed my order 4 weeks ago when site said 7-10 day delivery. I received a shipping confirmation only after 3 angry emails. Impossible to find contact information on site. Of course, my bank was charged immediately, so I can't stop payment." 2/8/2010 Review of cocomartini.com

Sandy D then becomes Mecky C:

From Mecky C:
"Don't order from bukmall.com ! I placed my order 4 weeks ago when site said 7-10 day delivery. I received a shipping confirmation only after 3 angry emails. Impossible to find contact information on site. Of course, my bank was charged immediately, so I can't stop payment" 7/20/2010 Review of bukmall.com

Mecky C then morphs into "David Parker" to post on Reseller Ratings:

"Don't order from bukmall.com bookstore! I placed my order 4 weeks ago when site said 7-10 day delivery. I received a shipping confirmation only after 3 angry emails. Impossible to find contact information on site. Of course, my bank was charged immediately, so I can't stop payment."

David Parker (the late Mecky C) then posts, on Reseller Ratings:

David Parker then becomes Jeff C, of whom more in a moment, and goes over to Sitejabber, posting:

"don't buy college textbooks from this website http://www.saanjhi.com/ never get any replies, communication. never receive the textbooks. cheating" 7/3/2010 Review of saanjhi.com

Jeff C then channels the late Mecky C:

From Jeff C:
"Don't order from 8ookstore.com bookstore! I placed my order 4 weeks ago when site said 7-10 day delivery. I received a shipping confirmation only after 3 angry emails. Impossible to find contact information on site. Of course, my bank was charged immediately, so I can't stop payment." 7/25/2010 Review of Bookstore.com

Meanwhile we have another dual personality here ...

From Brian W:
"I had an AWFUL experience with cocomartini.com too. Ordered books in January, never got them. Five months later they still refused to resend or refund my money. Customer service was INCREDIBLY RUDE. Accused me of lying and wouldn't answer my questions. WORST ONLINE SHOPPING I'VE EVER DONE!!!" 7/2/2010 Review of cocomartini.com

and

From David P:
"I had an AWFUL experience with 8ookstore.com. Ordered books in January, never got them. Five months later they still refused to resend or refund my money. Customer service was INCREDIBLY RUDE. Accused me of lying and wouldn't answer my questions. WORST ONLINE SHOPPING I'VE EVER DONE!!!" 7/22/2010 Review of 8ookstore.com

David then has a sex-change into "ellakoon", who I believe is 'Ella K' here at Sitejabber, and is also found at ResellerRatings.com:

"7/21/10 12:58 AM
I had an AWFUL experience with ErgodeBooks.com. Ordered books in January, never got them. Five months later they still refused to resend or refund my money. Customer service was INCREDIBLY RUDE. Accused me of lying and wouldn't answer my questions. WORST ONLINE SHOPPING I'VE EVER DONE!!!"

And there are more of these people:

From Ann O:
"ME TOO! I BOUGHT A BOOK FROM THIS WEB SITE A WEEK AGO AND AND STILL DIDN'T GET MY BOOK, AND I SENT TWO MESSAGES TO THEM AND GET NO REPLY. DID YOU GUYS GET YOU BOOK NOW?" 2/8/2010 Review of collegexpres.com

And back comes Jeff C:
"ME TOO! I BOUGHT A BOOK FROM THIS WEB SITE A WEEK AGO AND AND STILL DIDN'T GET MY BOOK, AND I SENT TWO MESSAGES TO THEM AND GET NO REPLY. DID YOU GUYS GET YOU BOOK NOW?" 7/8/2010 Review of textsociety.com

What does this tell us, aside from the obvious fact that SiteJabber ought to be paying me to expose this stuff?

It tells us that certain people believe that review sites such as this one really do influence their readers.

Otherwise, these people wouldn't bother with all this. Which means we're having an effect, which is great to know. But it also means they think we're all stupid, or unobservant, or that none of us care enough to root out the phoney reviewers and their often-obvious phony reviews. I think they're wrong.

It needs people to decide not to leave it to someone else, but to get involved, and give something back to the community, which isn't always easy, but it would be worthwhile and I have a feeling it will come, sooner or later.

Meanwhile, I'd definitely recommend you proceed with caution before using any of these student book sites, and especially if they are in China or India or some other foreign country. There's nothing necessarily bad about trading with a foreign country, but do remember that you've probably got little or nothing by way of a guarantee or a chance to send anything back, and you probably have about an equal chance, or less, of getting a refund if things go wrong. or goods don't arrive. We know the Chinese are notorious for, how shall we say, a very distinctly Chinese way of doing business, and you should know what I mean by that. If you don't, you should probably not buy anything from there. But take care to at least make sure you know, if it's at all possible, what country you're buying from. And please let me or any of the top reviewers here know, if you stumble across a similar bunch of hoaxes.

domv
10/13/10

I ordered a book on Oct 7th/10 and was a little afraid after reading the reviews on this site. However my book was delivered on Oct 13th /10. I live in Toronto, Canada
and was amazed to see it was shipped from Malasia and made it here so Quickly just as promised.

jeffc4
7/3/10

bad textbook quality. got my textbook after 3 weeks without any tracking number information. no contract information. no way to refund and return address. POOR~~~~

melissap7
6/14/10

STOP, If you are reading this, then just stop right there,,,do not,,,I mean do not attempt to buy anything from collegXpress.com,,,I ordered a book from them,,needed it for a class that was to start some 3 weeks later,,I figured 3 weeks is plenty of time for the book to get to me,,,well WRONG!!!,,,the book didnt show for another week,,,thats a month in transit,,,now they won't refund the book,,thats 140.00 down the tube,,,honestly Biblio was a better site to get books,,,so, if you are reading this my friend, then today is your lucky day, and don't order anything from these jerks and tell everyone you know not to either,,,,best of luck,,,melissa

anneo
2/8/10

jamess10
1/31/10

I placed an order for a text book on 1/22/10, and received confirmation same day. The book should be delivered in 3-5 days. However, I never received the book but a cancellation notification 10 days late for the book is out of stock.
No phone number available.

Questions? Get answers from the CollegeXpres staff and other customers.

CollegeXpres?