Children's Place reviews

Tel: 1-877-PLACE
2018 Customer choice award

jonniej1
3/5/19

Placed an order as a gift and after confirmation they decided to cancel it I am so pissed. This was presents for my granddaughter's 1st birthday .

fengl5
2/1/19

I don't know what's wrong with this company. Ordered over 50 dollars children clothes, and didn't receive the package. Even though i received an email saying the order was delivered, i checked everywhere, no package to be seen. I even checked the surveilance camera, no one came to drop off the package. I contact their customer supports, they basically saying, it is your own fault that you didn't received the package. They are using cheap shipping logistic last miles.. ups surepost... they shipping by the ups, but then transfer the package to usps to deliver the package.. and usps most of time deliver to wrong address or not deliver at all.. I meant you are a big company, you should be the one to make sure using reliable logistics to deliver the package. I basically lost money, and they don't want to do anything with it.

marr6
12/11/18

Don't buy from this store! They won't send your stuff and customer service is impossible to reach.
Awful experience, starting a legal dispute

mariav42
12/9/18

Unbelievable how frustated is to order online . have ordered 4 times and the 4 times my order has been canceled. when i call they say is due to being out of stuck, so why is still showing available to buy online? last time i ordered 5 items, they only shipped 2 of them whithout any notification asking if i wanted them after the other 3 items being out of stuck. this is so upseting and ridiculous. I will stick with Gymboree from now on.

maryr496
12/3/18

I placed an online order for approximately $250.00, with all items 60% off mind you. My order was placed on Saturday. This morning I check the status of my order to see when to expect the packages to start showing up and I see some of my order was canceled. I check what was canceled and get online and all items still showed available and I could add the items to my cart. Since they still showed available I called customer service, which stated that the call volume was high. I waited about 30 minutes on hold for someone to answer. Finally I got to speak to a representative that could verify on his side that all items canceled was out of stock. I already had items I would swap each out for, most items were the same product but a different color or saying, and I had already added them to my cart just in case I would need to order separately. The gentlemen I spoke with checked the item #'s to see what items were available and ALL were out of stock. How is this possible? I explained to him how this is a HUGE pain due to us being military and my only option to buy my kids clothes for Christmas, along with everything else I will buy, has to be done online. He did say he would contact the IT department and that this is unacceptable, and I TOTALLY agree. Now I have a hold on my banking account for way more than what I will be receiving, only to be told that "All items online are seasonal items" so they can not notify me of when they are back in-stock. Which I am not sure I would believe it. This has cause a huge mess for me, sorry for my rant, but this is unacceptable. I asked how often the website is updated and I was told every hour?!?! This is beyond a lie!! Why did I not receive any email notification of the items canceled? Was I supposed to have my items shipped for a family member to receive and wrap for me to give to my kids, and then find out that when they received the package that items were not in-stock? By reading numerous reviews I have noticed a pattern with The Children's Place and from now on will stick to Old Navy and Target before ordering from here again. This is my first experience with The Children's Place and definitely will be the last without even stepping foot in a store.

brendaj51
11/16/18

I shop often with The Children's Place online for the ease and the free shipping.
The past few orders though have ALL had "unavailable" items, ironically when you check the website it still shows those items as available for purchase. Even more frustrating is their total LACK of caring/apology. Makes it even worse when you use rewards or a coupon as you lose out on that discount....Not impressed lately at all....

charliew56
11/9/18

The Children's Place has really cute and inexpensive clothes for kids. I usually like to order from them online, as they give great discounts and ship stuff pretty quickly. The stores often give free shipping codes if you ask. I called the store manager and submit a complaint on their corporate website about my shopping experience. I was quite shocked that they had the sales person call me this evening to apologize. While it doesn't improve the shopping experience I had, it does make me feel better that the store is trying to do right by their customers. I will definitely give them another shot when I need to get some shopping done. I am very happy they put the effort into trying to correct a wrong.

kellyd130
11/2/18

They "short ship" any orders for which they run out of inventory but don't send you any notification that they are shorting your order. When contacted they give a lame excuse and give you the "better luck next time" response. So, when you go to the website and order the item again -because it's still showing as available to purchase- you get short shipped yet again - also without any notification. I do not recommend this website for purchasing gifts that you need in a timely fashion unless you also have a Plan B gift-just in case they donk up your order.

angelap189
10/31/18

I WAS PLACING AN ORDER AND IT SAID OPEN AN ACCOUNT AND GET 30% OFF. I OPENED AN ACCOUNT AND DID NOT GET THE DISCOUNT. TOOK ME 1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTES TO GET THROUGH TO THEM BECAUSE THEY KEPT HANGING UP ON ME. FINALLY GOT THROUGH AND SPOKE TO A SUPERVISOR/MANAGER AND SHE SAID THAT THE 30% OFF IS NOT EFFECTIVE UNTIL 72 HOURS AFTER THE ORDER IS SHIPPED AND MAY NOT BE AVAILABE FOR 5-7 DAYS AFTER THAT. SHE TOLD ME TO TAKE THE ORDER BACK TO THE STORE AND GET A REFUND AND THEN REPLACE THE ORDER WHEN I GET THE 30% OFFER. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. DO NOT OPEN A CREDIT CARD AT THIS STORE THEY LIE.

kathyc315
8/28/18

I ordered Boot& Skirts for my Granddaughter for School, Took forever too get shipped then when it finally said delivered too your locked mail box it was not there.

tiffanyr82
8/6/18

I ordered my clothes from them for my kids school uniforms on July 19th! It is now August 6th and UPS tracking says still processing. I called Children's Place customer service and waited for 50 minutes to talk to someone and all they can do is offer me a refund for my package in 10 business days. They said they do not know what happened to the package it is most likely lost in the warehouse! So hopefully soon I will get my $100 back, for now my kids start school next week and I don't have the clothes I need. I will never order online from them ever again! Be warned!

michelles618
7/31/18

THE WORST!!!! I can't believe that a company with this HORRIBLE of customer service is still in business!!! They will not fix their own mistakes!! Even if they are literally stealing from you! They charge you for things they don't send and then won't fix it and just endlessly repeat, "I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do." Are you freaking kidding me?!!! I and beyond angry! I will never shop here again!
Stay away!!!!

kimberleyr11
7/2/18

This is the first time i decided to shop with Children's place and I NEVER WILL AGAIN. Planned a last minute trip, ordered $100 worth of stuff online and paid $20 for rush delivery only to check my email the next day to see the order was canceled. NO CALLS FROM THEM! Called customer service, all they could tell me is that they don't know the reason my order was canceled andy money will be refunded within 3-5 business days. So now I'm left with no goods or money for my trip. I WILL NEVER SHOP
WITH THEM AGAIN!!! BAD BUSINESS!!!

tiffanyj70
6/13/18

I placed an order on June 5th received a notification on June 6th that the order had shipped. Today is June 13th and the order is still not able to be located with in the UPS system which means my order is simply sitting in the warehouse. There website says free shipping NO WHERE on the page does it say expect a extremely long weight time on orders. I call and they are not sure what is happening and I will not have an answer of if they lost my order until June 19th. I am not happy and will not order again with them!

stevend204
5/23/18

Children's Place...!! They have the best dresses for the kids. I ordered a pair of clothes for my daughter, they are very much comfortable for my daughter. Varieties of clothes with different designs at a reasonable price. Happy Customer...!!!

kathym140
4/23/18

I order all the time from this site, nice clothes, fast free shipping on ANY item. Their coupon's you get as rewards however are a laugh, soon as you are able to use the bucks they jack the prices on everything even sale items so your really not saving anything lol.

They sent wrong item completely, I called and they took care of it right away, so good customer service.

keelas
12/22/17

I love children's place clothes because they are so durable, but they do hurt my wallet, I wish they weren't so expensive!

anns164
12/14/17

I absolutely adore this brand. It`s quite affordable and the designs of clothes are really cute. I always buy a lot of stuff from them.

jasminet33
12/8/17

I shop here because of the cute things they sale and the prices. All of us can buy here. FreeshI piping on everything where can you get that! So cool.

marthat27
12/6/17

Can anyone say OVERPRICED! I can!! But I especially love their clearance section.. its nice to save $2 bucks on a $40 shirt!

kb201
11/30/17

The Dallas Galleria store is a mess!!! Management needs training to be more organized and the store should completely be redone. It is hard to maneuver and get in-between the racks of clothes. This store is ALWAYS a disaster. Clothes and shoes on the floor, cash register stand a mess with piles of clothes, employees drinks, etc. No one ever offers to help, but will help only if asked. I only go in if I absolutely need something but it's so frustrating going in here. Please get this store cleaned up!

jend56
10/24/17

I had received an email saying i placed an order a few weeks ago (i had not). My card was not used nor my address or anything so i contacted them to inform them i did not place the order and did not want to receive emails about it. I made it clear it was not an issue with my card being used but i got a generic bot reply saying "contact your bank and inform them of the charge"....that was not the issue but whatever i deleted the emails and ignored it. Then i started receiving their update emails about sales and such so i went to the bottom looking to unsubscribe. I found the button easy enough clicked it and thought that would be in. The next day i received 3 emails. Tried unsubscribing again. This went on for over a week and yet i was still subscribed. I sent another email to customer service saying i was not able to unsubscribe and to take me off the list. I still have not heard back from them and i am STILL getting emails! I am so incredibly frustrated. They could have the best products ever but i would recommend staying far away from giving them any of your information because it is impossible to stop them from contacting you insistently. I have never and will never shop here because of this experience.

aniecef
8/22/17

Where I live there are zero Children's Place physical stores so I order online. It's pretty easy to navigate through and they almost always have a sale. Today, as I'm writing they have 60% off their entire site (minus clearance). That's what I love. Their clothes are cheap, good quality and stylish. Before actually buying from them I was gifted some pajamas for my newborn. They were small enough that when she was in between sizes she could fit them without them falling off like other brands. So I placed my first order when they had a 75% of sale for end of summer items. (This is where the missing star goes) I messed up my address but couldn't change it online. I tried emailing them and the wait time for a response was too long so I called. It took over half an hour to connect with someone and they were rude. I *almost* wanted to cancel the order but I did get 11 items for $30 so I didn't. I had Children's Place cash afterwards and when it came time for my next order (two weeks later) it was gone. So while I absolutely love their clothes I am not a fan of the cash OR their customer service.

brandyh23
8/1/17

I don't understand how this company still is in business. I had an issue with my account and had to call the customer service number. BEWARE!!! was on hold for over an hour for a lady to tell me she couldn't help to to make another email address. really?!?! so did that and guess what still no fix so ive called at rndom hours and always 40+ minutes on hold. That is the worst service ever!!!!

cjh16
7/27/17

Calling customer service now - been waiting for over 30 minutes to report that an item was missing from my shipment (yes, it was on the packing list and I've been charged for it). They need a way to deal with these types of issues online if their call volume is really that high. I think my call has fallen in to the black hole. Hello, hello, hello....is anyone there!?

Questions? Get answers from the Children's Place staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Children's Place