Review of CarFlexi

CarFlexi reviews

Tel: +302 810 812 012

kayl993
12/7/17

We hired a car for three weeks when we were looking for a new vehicle for ourselves. We were lucky enough to find a suitable vehicle after one week. We had not realized we were renting at Alamo through a third-party. Alamo accepted that we were returning the car after one not three weeks and fully refunded us the two weeks that we were not going to use. When we called CarFlexi to get a refund on the insurance they said oh no you cannot change the contract. We spent over two hundred dollars for the two weeks we did not have the car. Meanwhile we did not receive any terms & conditions with our e-voucher although the voucher says it is included. We will be more careful next time we rent to ensure we are not dealing with a third party although some possibly are not disreputable as CarFlexi is. Their conduct ensures they will never have anything but one time customers. Considering there are many people like ourselves that travel four months of the year & need to rent a car for those periods CarFlexi will never benefit from return customers. Totally negative experience & total rip off.

paulp190
11/29/17

I made a booking through CarFlexi, then called the hire company direct to compare the deal. After Damage Waiver add on fee (CarFlexi does NOT include this) it was much cheaper to book direct.

I saved 200 UK pounds for a weeks rental.

You have 48 hours prior to vehicle pickup to cancel your CarFlexi booking and get your booking fee back. Don't delay, CANCEL TODAY!

williamt158
11/28/17

No booking with the actual car hire company despite paying carflexi the deposit. Carflexi denied any problem and wouldn't refund the money.

miken133
11/28/17

I hired a car with Car flex and they put me in contract with Drive on Holidays in Faro.They tell you no hidden cost beware.Phoned me the day before pick up and i confirmed flight time etc.They decided to charge me an extra 30 euro because the time was 30 min later .The car was filty and the rep was very rude.Be very careful and dont even take a chance with using Car flexi

erickaj1
11/22/17

Rude phone operator, step process to rent and not clear . PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY .
Is not a reliable company, many do not speak English and you need to repeat yourselves endlessly.

francoisb8
11/13/17

Bad car rental :
First surprise : Carflexi take you off immediatly 10% of the total rprice on your account ! !
( That was not explained on their website )
Second surprise : They send you a voucher for a car you have booked , but when you want to pick up the car at the Airport they tell you ( Thrifty in this case ) the car you have booked is in a upper range and if you want it you have to pay more than the amount written on the Carflexi voucher ! !
And they absolutely refuse to refund you the 10% they took , even you book another car in another car rental ( in my case ) ! !

edwardz4
10/24/17

I was quoted a price of 430 CDN for an automatic Mercedes A-Class with insurance and a pick up and drop off at two different Milan airport locations. I signed up the contract and they produced a Fiat with a stick shift! They said that in Italy this is an automatic and a similar car! At that time I asked for my money back and they refused! After wasting two hours I was convinced to "upgrade" to an automatic. Two contracts were made up ( the one with the upgrade was kept when I returned the car). Back home I had the contract translated. I ended paying carflexi, the daily rate again, the drop off again, and the upgrade which doesn't even show up on my contract as a separate charge on my Visa statement. Total cost 700 CDN

danijelm
10/20/17

A terrific service at the airport in Porto (Portugal). Essential conditions do not write on the voucher. They do not receive the usual credit cards. For a small car I would like to charge 300 for 6 days. Avoid this company

awnie
10/18/17

I will never recommend Carflexi to any one they tell you the car is fully insured, on pickup you will asked to pay extra for items not insured . They never refund your advance payment, claiming you were not forced to pay extra. Bad company bad employees.

nazian1
10/4/17

I will never recommend carflexi as they stile from people with hidden charges.
They did from me too 89 on top of rental car and they are saying now thats their charges which is lie cuz they did nothing I spent my time on searching n booking the car so why would they get this much money from people n they tell us first.
Bad experience not willing to give my money back.

johnl528
10/2/17

I used Carflexi twice to obtain a rental car. The rental companies that provided those two cars were fantastic. Carflexi was the scam in my view. Carflexi charged me more for their service fee to obtain each rental car than what the rental fee was to rent each car. No where on its form does Carflexi show the price that they charge for their service. The price they show is the total cost owed to the actual provider of the rental car. I assumed this price also included their fee. It didn't. I contacted Carflexi about this issue and they won't help. They say it is a fee for their service. Carflexi hasn't shown me any confirming documentation to support their position, nor could they show me what their fee is. I asked one of the two rental companies about this and the rep told me commissions they charge are very low and they were surprised by the amount that Carflexi charged me. Carflexi hasn't offered me any supporting documents on this and they won't reverse the charges so beware of using them to obtain a rental car.

izzyd2
9/24/17

Made our booking through Car Flexi with a car hire company in Australia. Paid for our hire car on pick up and all went well. On getting home we found Car Flexi had taken out $150 we were not aware we had to pay. The hire car company in Aust takes no responsibility and it appears to be between us and CF to work out.
We have had no response to our emails. So beware before booking.

karolm7
9/20/17

Zrobiłem rezerwacje auta w firmie FireFly przez witrynę CarFlexi. Koszt auta na 9 dni 117 + wykupiłem przez nich proponowanie pełne ubezpiecznie 104,51, aby mieć spokojna głowę i nie martwić sie o auto na urlopie. Na lotnisku okazało sie ze ubezpieczenie CarFlexi mozna za przeproszeniem sobie w tyłek wsadzić bo oni go nie uznają. Pozostają 2 wyjścia:
1. Wykup pełnego ubezpieczenia od firmy Fire Fly (na lotnisku) za cenę ok 230!!!
Razem do zapłaty zamiast 117 jak twierdziła rezerwacja CarFlexi było 341!!! aby auto było w pełni ubezpieczone.
2. Zapłacić 117 za wynajem z podstawowym ubezpieczeniem + pk 1000 kaucji (gdzie odpowiada sie z własnej kieszeni do kwoty 1500 w przypadku kradzieży lub powstałych ewentualnych szkód.
Dodzwonić sie nie sposób.
Ostatecznie nie wypożyczyłem auta bo było to kompletnie nieopłacalne i zbyt ryzykowne Gdy udało mi sie skontaktować za pomocą LiveChata dowiedziałem sie ze rzekome ubezpieczenie ktore wykupiłem zabezpiecza rzekoma firma CarFlexi, tyle tylko ze wynajmując auto u FireFly w razie powstałych szkód firma ta bedzie egzekwować pieniądze od nas a nie od pośrednika (carFlexi) a my wtedy ewentualnie musielibyśmy starać sie o zwrot tej kwoty od CarFlexi. Co prawdopodobnie graniczyłoby z niemożliwością bo wtedy wynalazki ny jakis kruczek prawny , powołując sie na cos co było zagmatwanie napisane w regulaminie.
Na koniec dowiedziałem sie z LiveChata ze mimo iż nawet nie wypożyczę auta to i tak nie zwrócą mi tych 104,51 ktore pobrali mi na ubezpieczenie auta !!! Co za absurd!
Pózniej okazało sie ze firma ma siedzibę w Szwajcarii a wszelka korespondencja idzie do Grecji!!! Ludzie omijajcie ten syf z daleka !!!

markh350
9/20/17

Cheap prices are just a headline. Once you have accepted quote and provided credit card details, you are sent voucher which shows the cheap original quote is in fact their admin fee, rental company at your destination (in my case Europcar Heathrow) then charge you a similar amount, so in effect actual cost is double original quote.
AVOID THEM.

michaelm660
9/12/17

Competitively priced for North America, but a well hidden opt-out tick box on their web page leads to unwanted and overpriced excess insurance being automatically added to your final purchase. Make sure you un-check the box if you don't want it, because cancellation leads to a long wait for a refund (they claim they'll refund with 14-30 days, but it's way past that and I'm still hassling them). Next stop the credit card company.

sharonav
9/9/17

don't mess with this company.
Iordered a car in Poland and got two level downgrade from the voucher.
from the rental company I understood that this happenes a lot when you order by carflexi.

linec1
9/7/17

False advertising! They charge a booking fee and at the end you pay more than renting directly from the car rental company. I tried to reach them 3 times, their email box is maxed out. Never again.

ashwania
9/6/17

CAUTION!
My recent experience:
Country: Azerbaijan, City: BAKU
Car Booked: equivalent is acceptable but giving 5 seater when i have booked a Van (8) seater is like? dude, please.
Punctuality: ahh;; 4 Hours and counting and finally got my car after 4.5 hours of delay
Return Time: Company told 4 traffic violations in last two days; the guy showed me an online mobile app; told me 300 Manat is the fine value. I pushed them to see the fine on police portal - fine was only Manat 120; When i refused to pay extra company told ok pay 220;
(PS: if a company/car rental - pays fine in 3 days they also get 10% discount in Azerbaijan.)
Anyways matter got heated up and i told them i will pay 120 at the police station; (these companies will buy time because you might be at airport and are time bound. I was lucky i had 180 minutes before my flight departs). he was giving me excuses that police will take fine from owner only etc etc; Anyhow my Wife approached a cop; but then things turned. He immediately showed me full mobile apps and told these are last month dates and not for the period i rented the vehicle. He was sorry and from 4 Fines to 300 Manat to 220 Manat to 0 fines --- 0 manat. (300 manat = 180 USD). not a small amount.

arturasb
8/30/17

Don't do business with this company because if you do , you will be disappointed and your star holidays , will be ruined.
No hidden cost is a lie don't buy their insurance what they offer because when you come to collect car they will say you need Insurance to pay 200 bicouse insurances you purchased not valid .
They also don't give refunds laughing in your face anf call you stupid because you don't read temrs and conditions which wasn't very clear in the terms and conditions.

kodj
8/23/17

Rent a car through their site, quote me for 54 Euro for just over one day and ensue me that there is no further charge.. Wrong they charge me 65 Euro for the car and 21 Euro for using their website. End up paying more than 85 Euro. Should've gone start to the car company

paulb364
8/22/17

I booked a car online with carflexi and was then contacted some time later by carflexi to say that the deal was not available. 24hrs later they were still advertising the non existent deal. I then checked review sites as this was unprofessional service and it had made me doubt whether carflexi could be trusted.

Sitejabber.com had 35 reviews of Carflexi.com with a rating of 1.6/10.
Complaintsboard.com and Tripadvisor.com reviews of Carflexi.com were overwhelmingly very negative.
Trustpilot.com had 412 reviews of Carflexi.com with a rating of 8.2/10.

Trustpilot reviews are too good to be true, it looks like they need to review their systems otherwise no one will trust them.

Thank you to the independent review sites. It hope Trustpilot.com can upgrade its systems to become one.

bobg109
8/11/17

Go direct to the car rental company. This place rips you off. You do not get the price promised and you double pay for insurance. A $350.00 rental ended up being $600.00

kevind130
8/7/17

They charge extra for their part. When we arrived at ATET rental company, they showed us the faxed paper by CarFlexi and it contained none of the items they promised us. It is better to go to directly to rental companies web site.

fainal
7/28/17

worst rental experience ever.

purchased the full insurance from you then the local rental company(Enterprise rent a car) claimed it was not protected enough I need to pay more to be able to get full insured.

But the pre-payment to you was not shown in the e-voucher that I can provide to Enterprise so they had no clue the price was excluded the insurance covered by you.

In the end contract was made with Enterprise and you claimed its valid would never even consider to return the insurance I paid to your company Carflexi, doesnt matter that in the end even the contract was already different and car model changed as well.

after i found out this problem i tried to call out this problem and never able to get instant feedback. In general your online interface is misleading and customer support is poor.

You should at least list the paid insurance price and your contact information on the e-voucher, which this information is missing and could be difficult for customers whos renting car aboard without proper internet/phone connections.

will never recommend your service EVER AGAIN

leonardoc18
7/24/17

PRETENDONO PAGAMENTO ANTICIPATO NON OFFRONO ALCUNA ASSISTENZA .
PROVIDER INUTILE.
NOLEGGIATA AUTO IN GRECIA, IN LOCO MI HANNO RIFIUTATO IL NOLEGGIO PERCHE' CHIEDEVO CHE VENISSERO SEGNALATI GRAFFI SULL' AUTO.... NESSUN RIMBORSO NE SCUSE . MAI PIU

Hello! Airport tax if any is included in our final price. We offer final prices online. Thank you!

By Car F. [CarFlexi Rep]

Dear Lisa, Thank you for contacting. Most of the bookings are confirmed immediately however, some car categories are on request as well as the hotel deliveries. Generally, within 12 - 24 hours a booking is confirmed. During the booking procedure the downpayment amount is only blocked from your credit card. If the booking is confirmed then this amount is deducted. If the booking is declined then this amount is released. Thus, you will be able to the downpayment amount credited to your account. Thank you! Best regards, Georgia, CarFlexi.com

By Car F. [CarFlexi Rep]

Dear Sir/Madam, Please kindly send an e-mail to our customer service department at carflexi@customerservice.com Thank you. Best regards, CarFlexi.com

By Car F. [CarFlexi Rep]

Hello! Your booking is confirmed. Please contact our customer service department to verify your e-mail address. Please visit our live chat at http://www.maikai.se/livesupport.asp?projekt=21&kund=2&lang=en

By Car F. [CarFlexi Rep]

Sorry for your troubles but, sites like Site Jabber is here to prevent you from having troubles with internet companies. You get first hand reviews from folks that have had troubles and want to warn others that may fall into the same trap. So, you paid a small price for learning to "look before you leap". There again, if sound too good to be true, read the reviews first.

By Chuck W.
Questions? Get answers from the CarFlexi staff and other customers.

CarFlexi?