Review of CarFlexi

CarFlexi reviews

Tel: +302 810 812 012

emmas148
6/1/18

I booked a rental through them to pick up in Chicago. When I got to Alamo, they didnt have a reservation for me. The price on the voucher (after I paid $100 deposit) was $650 but Carflexi didnt transfer the voucher so I had to pay full price of $810. Emails to them fell on deaf ears and the said it wasnt theyre fault therefore no refund for the deposit would be given. I wish I read the reviews before using. DO NOT USE!!!

tatianap12
5/29/18

The prices shown without insurance. But you have to pay it anyway. Ok,I payed. After I finished transaction, I sow in voucher whiten that I have to leave deposit 900 euro for possible damages for 4 days rent! Unbelievable! First I thought maybe in not true,but it is! I leave deposit 900 EU.This information you can not read before you finish payment!

anthonyb312
5/23/18

Carflexi are a total ripoff DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !

As documented on other reviews , just as you press the button to agree the transaction an unasked fee for INSURANCE is added which you cannot go back to remove or to cancel the transaction !
This is pure and simple deception and theft .
In my case ive been charged £82.93 for a weeks insurance that i did not need as i have an international policy which would have covered me in the event of an accident etc.
Im now trying to have the transaction nullified by John Lewis PLC who my Mastercard is with .

janh164
5/21/18

I booked car and could not cancel insurrance which was automatically included
Payments at rental desk were higher than confirmed on voucher and email
International number: +302 810 812 012 did automatic reply in an strange language
Emails reply took 7days and did not offer solution.

jjcv
5/21/18

I damaged a wheel in Karlsruhe trying to avoid an oncoming car & caught the corner of a kurb. Their policy clearly states: "driving off road or on unsealed roads, underside, damages to lights, mirrors, windows, any part of the wheels/wheel rim/tire," Not if you drive in a town, yet they use this not to pay out on the insurance. This is actually false representation & can be regarded as fraud.

marniel6
5/17/18

NO. Do NOT book with them. We booked a car through CarFlexi with National, pick up in Paros, and drop-off in Chania (Crete) 3 weeks later. Everything was confirmed, we had the agreement. When we showed up in Paros to pick up the car, we were told the booking isn't possible, we can't take the car to Crete.

The only thing CarFlexi was willing to do, is offered us new rentals at twice the price (at least). Our whole trip, including our flights, was booked around this one-way car rental. They didn't admit any mistake or do anything to help us. We're now in Paros, without any car rental coming up in Crete unless we want to fork over an additional 500EUR.

DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM. If anything goes wrong they have NO responsibility to you and won't do anything to make things right.

annas301
5/11/18

The price they front with is not the actual price, I booked through carflexi cause they had the best price. What I thought was the price was 105£, but in reality I ended up paying 407£. A bit of a jump there. First i sent an email to ask about this, after a week I still havent gotten a response, so i called them to ask what was up with this, the support guy was very unpleasant and didnt even listen, just kept interrupting me. What he said was that the first payment only is a part of the total price and that it clearly says so during the booking. I checked it and it says in the voucher that there will be an other fee, but nothing at all during the booking (went back to their booking sight to test a new booking, same result). Since it felt pointless to talk to their support on the phone I wrote a new email, but I would be surprised if they even bothered to answer it.

Conclusion; DONT EVER rent a car from CarFlexi.

ande
5/7/18

you think you are paying for car hire- when in fact it turns out to be just a useless car hire insurance- they are a scam- stay away

arturor17
5/7/18

This company is scam. I rented a car for 5 days in Syros, Greece and they charged me for a premium service worth Eur 68 that I had not selected. Furthermore, they NEVER included the cost of that premium insurance in the voucher nor they sent a receipt for the payment. I only realized of this expense when I looked at my credit card statement.

Their customer service is the WORST! I called their representative in Greece, the guy was not able to explain what the charge was for. He was extremely disrespectful and unprofessional - he even hung up the phone on me! I have booked hundreds of cars all over the world, and this one has been without any doubt my worst experience.

This is one of those companies that can certainly ruin your holidays. Stay away from them! Go with a trusted and well known company.

Tip for consumers: This company is SCAM! Stay away from them!

jenninec
5/5/18

Carflexi are absoulute crooks. I rented a car from them my voucher said 150 owed got to the rental and was told over 600. Contacted them they did nothing. Even emailed twice never heard anything back. I hope everyone does not use them and they go out of business.

martinc169
4/30/18

I've book a car in LA because of best price. I've got an e-Voucher and they charged (provision) the credit card immediately. After reading the reviews here I've cancelled the booking. The cancellation was possible and after few days I've got my money back!

mahaa19
4/24/18

Budget rental took all my deposits which exceeds 2000 euro for minor damages. we have communicated with carflexi immediately they said they will not refund for unclear reasons. i have sent more than 5 email and called the call center to follow up with no reply. despite the fact we have bought full insurance against any damages. never ever deal with this company and don't let the cheap prices fool you as they have a plan on how to cover for the money.

davidl557
4/13/18

Paid a deposit that was supposedly to come off the rental fee at the Europcar desk in LA. Documentation sent by CarFlexi stated this only Europcar had no knowledge or correspondence to confirm such. Had to pay the full amount at the counter to uplift the rental vehicle.
CarFlexi could not/would not qualify what happened to the deposit stating only that it was not the car rental companies fault and no refunds were possible.
It appears, given the previous reviews, that this wholesaler acts in a criminal manner and should be looked into by authorities before further scams can be perpetrated on the unsuspecting.
Be Warned ! ! !

ps205
4/13/18

DO NOT USE this company for renting cars! I booked car for long period, advertised price was half of what they wanted to charge me. When I refused, renting car, as it was not as the one booked, they still charged be for reservation. I would never use this company, again. I regret, I have not checked reviews before!

wilsons30
4/12/18

Don't get excited about the low price, they will hide fees and you will have a nice surprise on your card! Stay away!!!

daufufay
4/9/18

I've made a reservation with Carflexi in Norway last year Dec, however, they cancel my booking 7 day prior my reservation pick-up date without any reason, with no help at all and just ask myself to book from others, and no compensation after.

swg2
4/5/18

I cannot believe how such a car platform like this can still exist and regret not having searched for reviews on Carflexi.com.

I rented a car through Carflexi.com in Australia. The car rental company was Atlas Car & Truck Rental. I had a few issues (thanks Murphy) on my trip and have not received any resolution or a proper response from them.

1. I selected for a GPS unit on Carflexi's website (also indicated in the E-voucher) but when I picked up the car from Atlas, they said they did not have any GPS unit there. There was no attempt by Atlas to offer my any solution to this.
2. I had a flat tyre in the middle of a country road on a weekend afternoon. I tried to call for a '24-hour Road-Side Assistance' service (also indicated on the E-voucher) but there was no one answering the phones at Atlas. Carflexi just told me I have to keep trying as they cannot do anything for me. Unfortunately, no one would pick up at the Atlas helpline till the next working day.
3. I returned the car to Atlas which was checked by their staff with no issue. After leaving the country, I was shocked to receive a message from my credit card company that a charge was made. No one contacted me about this until I discovered it. Atlas now claims there was a dent. How does Carflexi respond? You guessed it. With no response.

All I can say is, you roll the dice with using Carflexi.com. Are you feeling lucky?

rogerp57
4/2/18

My name is Roger Paniagua, I made a paid rental car reservation for $135.75 at Rome international airport with a confirmation number 13226688 and booking CFA2C88C. When I arrived to pick the rental car up, Marcos the attendant told me that they didn't have any reservation and they don't do any business with CarFlexi. He explained to me that I had to do a new contract but this time for 530.09 I didn't have a choice and I end up signing the new contract. I feel deceived, disappointed and cheated.Please avoid at all cost doing business with this companiy.

soleymans
3/12/18

Simply avoid using their service at any cost even if it cost you more somewhere else. Carflexi offers the worst car rental service online. protect other customers from Carflexi by driving them out of business by sharing the news with your contacts. They don't provide any support after they charge their fees and don't care about their reputation and image. My tormenting experience will be shared with all social media venues. It started when my reservation was not processed by the vendor at DENVER Intl. Airport claiming that I could not use a credit card issued by a U.S. bank according to the terms and conditions. I had to rent another car that cost me much more than my original reservation. After returning from my trip I sent customer service a request to refund the money which Carflexi initially charged me as processing fees ($50). Their team started playing games with me and they were unprofessional, unethical, unfair and sneaky. They ignored the reason of the credit card rejection and kept on referring to the T&C which I fully complied with. They never address the issue and don't have a clue about customer satisfaction.

Tip for consumers: Share Carflexi horrible service with all contacts and drive this con artist company out of the market and protect other customers.

tiffantc
3/5/18

Arrived late in Toronto Airport last night and called Eurocar( phone number given on my reservation form, booked through Carflexi.com) and they denied having any record of my reservation and that they do not work with Carflexi!
No one answered the 24H helpline for Carflexi, end up spending $100 on a taxi. No reply to my emails or online inquiry... hope no one falls for them again! (those who give them 5 star ratings are just plain lucky!)

amandam269
3/2/18

Holidays in Malta with the worse experience with carflexi. They have charged me the non refunded fee for a service that I didn't use. Tried to complaint with the answer "that's is your problem madam". Spent two days of my holidays on the ph with them without a car at the end or any other solution. Went to other company instead!

jalalk1
2/25/18

Very bad , they take my money 5 month ago , no refund until now
My lower in Geneva found more than 10 people have almost the same problem
Soon we will do our best to close this ****

jojol4
2/24/18

very bad experience go away book the car with anybody else. Scam and thieves do not even try to use you will save money and nerves. I put one star because there is no 0 stars.. They don't even deserve one.

peterc212
2/23/18

Please, please do not use this band of thieves. They simply give you a quote then when you think you are booking a car with a reputable company they take a booking fee without telling you. They are thieves and I am surprised that big companies have anything to do with them . They do not answer E mails or phone - they are tucked away in Switzerland. DO NOT USE _ THIEVES!!!!!

galeanom
2/21/18

I did a booking online. They charged their fee upfront (close to 10% of the total or $10) but the car company did not have cars available at the price this dodgy website advertised. They never returned the deposit and when I called the lady (with very poor english skills) pretended she couldnt hear me and just hanged up. Do not bother with this company.

Hello! Airport tax if any is included in our final price. We offer final prices online. Thank you!

By Car F., CarFlexi Representative

Dear Lisa, Thank you for contacting. Most of the bookings are confirmed immediately however, some car categories are on request as well as the hotel deliveries. Generally, within 12 - 24 hours a booking is confirmed. During the booking procedure the downpayment amount is only blocked from your credit card. If the booking is confirmed then this amount is deducted. If the booking is declined then this amount is released. Thus, you will be able to the downpayment amount credited to your account. Thank you! Best regards, Georgia, CarFlexi.com

By Car F., CarFlexi Representative

Dear Sir/Madam, Please kindly send an e-mail to our customer service department at carflexi@customerservice.com Thank you. Best regards, CarFlexi.com

By Car F., CarFlexi Representative

Hello! Your booking is confirmed. Please contact our customer service department to verify your e-mail address. Please visit our live chat at http://www.maikai.se/livesupport.asp?projekt=21&kund=2&lang=en

By Car F., CarFlexi Representative

Sorry for your troubles but, sites like Site Jabber is here to prevent you from having troubles with internet companies. You get first hand reviews from folks that have had troubles and want to warn others that may fall into the same trap. So, you paid a small price for learning to "look before you leap". There again, if sound too good to be true, read the reviews first.

By Chuck W.

Questions? Get answers from the CarFlexi staff and other customers.

CarFlexi?