Review of CarFlexi

jalalk1
2/25/18

Very bad , they take my money 5 month ago , no refund until now
My lower in Geneva found more than 10 people have almost the same problem
Soon we will do our best to close this ****

jojol4
2/24/18

very bad experience go away book the car with anybody else. Scam and thieves do not even try to use you will save money and nerves. I put one star because there is no 0 stars.. They don't even deserve one.

peterc212
2/23/18

Please, please do not use this band of thieves. They simply give you a quote then when you think you are booking a car with a reputable company they take a booking fee without telling you. They are thieves and I am surprised that big companies have anything to do with them . They do not answer E mails or phone - they are tucked away in Switzerland. DO NOT USE _ THIEVES!!!!!

galeanom
2/21/18

I did a booking online. They charged their fee upfront (close to 10% of the total or $10) but the car company did not have cars available at the price this dodgy website advertised. They never returned the deposit and when I called the lady (with very poor english skills) pretended she couldnt hear me and just hanged up. Do not bother with this company.

toniw29
2/20/18

I recently rented a car from Canada when travelling to England. My Canadian licence expires every 5 years and a new old is issued, so despite having the licence for 20 years, the date on it is 2017.
The company refused to rent the car to me due to the licence having a date on it of less than 2 years, AND refused to refund my deposit. I have no idea where this supposed documentation even is.
They are an appalling company and NEVER rent from them

melissag33
2/15/18

I booked a car from Hong Kong that I needed when I got off my flight in Auckland 12hours later, Carflexi told me I would not receive confirmation for at least a day so I cancelled my booking. Unfortunately I had to complete the booking before I got given that information. I got charged for that cancellation even though I had never received confirmation of a car! I wrote to them and they were unyielding, they lied and stole essentially.

thomass251
2/14/18

Stay away! They deduct your money and you will be unable to retrieve it (claimed headquarter in Greece, money goes to Switzerland...). Forget the "free cancelation up to 48rhs before rental start, you can try to cancel by writing them an email, but this will not result in getting your money back. The "local contact number" is abroad, even if your try to make an expensive call abroad, nobody ever picks up the phone, not even during business hours. Nobody replies to emails. The live chat never works.

They write fake "good service" reviews themselves in order to lure more people in their scam.

Tip for consumers: Before you book, try to contact them by phone / live chat / email first and judge yourself...
NEVER book anything with a company, which is not known very well.

romans60
2/2/18

I had a voucher in which all terms of rent from the cost to the amount of the deposit are prescribed. I already paid carflexi 35 dollars ! Interrent (partner carflexi) just told me that carflexi for him is NOTHING , voucher from carflexi is NOTHING , they have another terms of rent and deposit amount. I said okey and found another rent company in Casablanca airport without any problems with better terms. And what does the carflexi do? No apologies that they could spoil my vacation, no answer, they just STOLE my money. Please anyone who will read this review - ignore this another internet soap bubble company. You will save your money and time.

peterg197
1/21/18

We rented a vehicle with the merchant where we pre-booked our reservation months in advance and left a security deposit with a portion of the cost. Upon arrival of our reservation, in a foreign country, we came to find out our reservation was canceled by the rental company and then we were left without any other choice, but to book another vehicle with them for double the cost AND our security deposit from the first canceled reservation was not returned. Needless to say we will not be booking with their providers moving forward and we urge other people to be weary of their sneaky ways.

jesusc44
1/21/18

Este sitio web es una estafa. Pago un seguro si quiero cancelar el alquiler y ahora no puedo obtener un reembolso porque me dicen que no pueden porque no es su culpa si no conseguí el automóvil. NO USE ESTE SITIO WEB.

This website is an scam.I pay an insurance if I want to cancel the rental and now I can't get a refund because they tell me that they can't because isn't their fault if I didn't get the car. DON"T USE THIS WEBSITE.

laurab315
1/16/18

Prenotiamo tramite Carflexi (pagando una caparra di quasi la metà dell'importo totale) un'auto per 15 gg da ritirare all'aeroporto di Cancùn (Messico), al nostro arrivo la prenotazione non risulta presente nel sistema di Hertz, chiamiamo il numero verde e ci dicono di provare il giorno dopo in un altro punto di ritiro. Il giorno dopo l'auto non è ancora disponibile e al centralino non forniscono motivazioni accettabili o una soluzione logica al problema. Oltre ad aver dovuto pagare molti spostamenti con taxi non previsti, 48h dopo l'ipotetica consegna non abbiamo ancora il nostro mezzo. Decidiamo di chiedere il rimborso della caparra versata e di noleggiare un'altra auto direttamente in Messico perché sarebbe stato impossibile proseguire il nostro viaggio on the road in quelle condizioni.

Esperienza inaccettabile, non cascateci!

Tip for consumers: don't use this site

rozc1
1/11/18

I booked with them as all hire car companies in Tasmania stated they had no cars !! I booked thinking my $203.00 was a deposit and taken off the amount for car hire for the 10 days ***** NO ***** .
I was told the company was at Launceston airport ** NO **. It took one hour to find out no they werent at the airport, cueing to enquire at all the hair car companies WHO had signs stating they had cars !! I phoned bargain hire co, they sent a bus for us ?? By this stage there were 3 others all annoyed and in the dark !!
One person at the office with 8 people waiting for service about 1 klm away from the airport, the $203 didnt come off the cost of the car. It was a scam, they had a booking only. $203 to book a car !!!!!????? Bargain hire co, didnt care, offered nothing in the way of an explanation. Must work together I would say. It took me 3 hours to get to Launceston after the dramas ! Should have been into Launceston by 9.15 !!!!! Never again would I use car Flexi or bargain hire people. One person on at th office. INADEQUATE and UNPROFESSIONAL and DODGY all round !! Not a good start to beautiful Tassie. BE AWARE NEVER USE EITHER

Tip for consumers: Do not use ever. Warning leave alone !!!!!!

antonellaf2
12/26/17

PRENOTATO ON LINE CON COPERTURE ASSICURATIVE CASCO SENZA FRANCHIGIA E CON POLITICA CARBURANTE PIENO PIENO.
ARRIVATI AEROPORTO SIVIGLIA CON COMPAGNIA FIREFLY ABBIAMO PAGATO NUOVAMENTE ASSICURAZIONE CASCO E POLITICA CARBURANTE PIENO VUOTO. NON SONO CHIARI E TRUFFANO. MAI PIU. NON SONO VERITIERI COSE CHE DICONO, STARE LONTANI, PAGATO DOPPIO.

Tip for consumers: State LONTANI DA CAR FLEXI E FIRE FLAY

alid58
12/21/17

21/Dec 2017
When I booked a car they charged me fully by online and when I went to collect the car , Fireflies car company wanted achage me again double !!!!!!!
I cancelled my booking but Car Flexi keepmy money
I am disappointed because of;

Lost one day of my holiday plus my money plus I went by train to collect the car and they did not accept my official UK driving licence as ID card!!!

In short; DOUBLE CHARGE , HIDDEN PRICE,TRICKY AND NO RESPONSIBLE TO ANSWER ABOUT THIER CHARGES

cesarem1
12/21/17

I should have checked first if CarFlexi was a reputable company, so my bad at the end.
Anyway here is my experience.
I rented a car for 10 days at a certain price in Rome with GoldCar, coverage included.
I get to the GoldCar office at the airport in Rome after 24hrs of travelling and apparently what was checked in my voucher was no good anymore. Especially the insurance coverage that I was promised, and they would not give me the car without it. So I was added a new over $200k policy for which the GoldCar would NOT waiver.
CarFlexi and GoldCar are crooks in my view, stay away.

gusf5
12/14/17

We used the site to make a booking of a car for one day after the website advertised it could get us a deal. We were told in an abrupt email, at 4 pm the day before we were meant to pick up the car, that there was no car available through that company. We called the hire company directly and within minutes were able to book a car. We were able to collect the car earlier, the price was cheaper and the process more efficient. When I called to submit a complaint to their office, I was met by rude responses telling me it wasn't their fault and that I was wrong. They then also revealed that they were declined the booking immediately after we tried to make it, meaning they wasted our time and only told us at the last minute. After trying to defend the fact that they couldn't do their job properly, they promptly hung up the phone without assuring me that my complaint had been formally registered and passed on to the manager. This company is awful and you would do well to avoid it at all costs. They have one job and they suck at it.

Tip for consumers: #1 Tip: Don't use this site.

michals19
12/13/17

We used the site mostly because it states "no hidden fees". That was exactly not the case, and Firefly has billed us 60 extra euro for using debit card instead of credit card, which is pretty unusual to have in Europe, plus another 40 euro for full-to-empty policy for refilling fee. No mention of that at all, credit card was mentioned insignificantly in the conditions summary, yet we inplicitly expected that the conditions for debit cards are the same. Not recommended both CarFlexi, nor FireFly.

kayl993
12/7/17

We hired a car for three weeks when we were looking for a new vehicle for ourselves. We were lucky enough to find a suitable vehicle after one week. We had not realized we were renting at Alamo through a third-party. Alamo accepted that we were returning the car after one not three weeks and fully refunded us the two weeks that we were not going to use. When we called CarFlexi to get a refund on the insurance they said oh no you cannot change the contract. We spent over two hundred dollars for the two weeks we did not have the car. Meanwhile we did not receive any terms & conditions with our e-voucher although the voucher says it is included. We will be more careful next time we rent to ensure we are not dealing with a third party although some possibly are not disreputable as CarFlexi is. Their conduct ensures they will never have anything but one time customers. Considering there are many people like ourselves that travel four months of the year & need to rent a car for those periods CarFlexi will never benefit from return customers. Totally negative experience & total rip off.

paulp190
11/29/17

I made a booking through CarFlexi, then called the hire company direct to compare the deal. After Damage Waiver add on fee (CarFlexi does NOT include this) it was much cheaper to book direct.

I saved 200 UK pounds for a weeks rental.

You have 48 hours prior to vehicle pickup to cancel your CarFlexi booking and get your booking fee back. Don't delay, CANCEL TODAY!

williamt158
11/28/17

No booking with the actual car hire company despite paying carflexi the deposit. Carflexi denied any problem and wouldn't refund the money.

miken133
11/28/17

I hired a car with Car flex and they put me in contract with Drive on Holidays in Faro.They tell you no hidden cost beware.Phoned me the day before pick up and i confirmed flight time etc.They decided to charge me an extra 30 euro because the time was 30 min later .The car was filty and the rep was very rude.Be very careful and dont even take a chance with using Car flexi

erickaj1
11/22/17

Rude phone operator, step process to rent and not clear . PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY .
Is not a reliable company, many do not speak English and you need to repeat yourselves endlessly.

francoisb8
11/13/17

Bad car rental :
First surprise : Carflexi take you off immediatly 10% of the total rprice on your account ! !
( That was not explained on their website )
Second surprise : They send you a voucher for a car you have booked , but when you want to pick up the car at the Airport they tell you ( Thrifty in this case ) the car you have booked is in a upper range and if you want it you have to pay more than the amount written on the Carflexi voucher ! !
And they absolutely refuse to refund you the 10% they took , even you book another car in another car rental ( in my case ) ! !

edwardz4
10/24/17

I was quoted a price of 430 CDN for an automatic Mercedes A-Class with insurance and a pick up and drop off at two different Milan airport locations. I signed up the contract and they produced a Fiat with a stick shift! They said that in Italy this is an automatic and a similar car! At that time I asked for my money back and they refused! After wasting two hours I was convinced to "upgrade" to an automatic. Two contracts were made up ( the one with the upgrade was kept when I returned the car). Back home I had the contract translated. I ended paying carflexi, the daily rate again, the drop off again, and the upgrade which doesn't even show up on my contract as a separate charge on my Visa statement. Total cost 700 CDN

danijelm
10/20/17

A terrific service at the airport in Porto (Portugal). Essential conditions do not write on the voucher. They do not receive the usual credit cards. For a small car I would like to charge 300 for 6 days. Avoid this company

Hello! Airport tax if any is included in our final price. We offer final prices online. Thank you!

By Car F., CarFlexi Representative

Dear Lisa, Thank you for contacting. Most of the bookings are confirmed immediately however, some car categories are on request as well as the hotel deliveries. Generally, within 12 - 24 hours a booking is confirmed. During the booking procedure the downpayment amount is only blocked from your credit card. If the booking is confirmed then this amount is deducted. If the booking is declined then this amount is released. Thus, you will be able to the downpayment amount credited to your account. Thank you! Best regards, Georgia, CarFlexi.com

By Car F., CarFlexi Representative

Dear Sir/Madam, Please kindly send an e-mail to our customer service department at carflexi@customerservice.com Thank you. Best regards, CarFlexi.com

By Car F., CarFlexi Representative

Hello! Your booking is confirmed. Please contact our customer service department to verify your e-mail address. Please visit our live chat at http://www.maikai.se/livesupport.asp?projekt=21&kund=2&lang=en

By Car F., CarFlexi Representative

Sorry for your troubles but, sites like Site Jabber is here to prevent you from having troubles with internet companies. You get first hand reviews from folks that have had troubles and want to warn others that may fall into the same trap. So, you paid a small price for learning to "look before you leap". There again, if sound too good to be true, read the reviews first.

By Chuck W., CarFlexi Representative

Questions? Get answers from the CarFlexi staff and other customers.

CarFlexi?