Review of Bluefly

flyrep@bluefly.com
2018 Customer choice award

andrews252
3/21/17

Only a particularly awful experience motivates me to leave a bad review about a business.

I will never shop at BlueFly again. I ignored the numerous horrific reviews posted about this business and made a large purchase, almost $2000 worth of clothing, with the intention to return a portion based on fit and look in person.

BlueFly advertises "easy returns." This assertion is deceptive bordering on a complete lie. I tried to return about a third of my purchase within about 30 days of purchase. BlueFly refused the returns saying it was outside of the return window. I looked everywhere on my paper receipts, my emailed receipts and on the website for the return policy and could find no time limit. As it turns out, the actual return date is only indicated (in very small font) on the item description at the time of purchase. And further, the description does not indicate if return limit is based on date of purchase, date of shipment, date of receipt of items, or date of charge to credit card. I was told all of my items had a 14-20 day return limit. I honestly have no way to even confirm this because many of the items aren't listed in their inventory anymore and I never received a receipt documenting return policies (Is this even legal?) One of the items also arrived damaged and still refused for return.

I emailed numerous times with customer service and asked to send pictures, explanations, etc. and was just flat out ignored.

To be fair, the customer service reps who actually talk to customers on the phone are polite. This is a senior administration/company policy issue.

Anyway, long story short - DO NOT spend your money here. I cannot stress enough that this is a company has hidden return policies and the "easy returns" borders on false advertising. You have a very real risk of receiving an item at the very limit of your return limit and then being refused returns, even if the item is damaged.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Andrew, We are so sorry you had issues with your experience! Can you please private message us your email and order info and we will escalate this ASAP. Thank you!
candacet11
3/21/17

My experience with this company is horrible. Bought a pair of shoes and just want to exchange them. Tried to call 30 to 45 minute wait....who does that? Sent an email to their customer service 5 days ago...received an automated response and nothing since...even sent one more email and still no response. I think they are trying to rip people off...try to push you off until their return policy expires. I'm sending my shoes back and if I don't get a refund like some of the reviews I have read then I will be happy to start filing complaints with anyone and everyone! Also found the shoes at a better price at a website that actually takes care of their customers!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Candace, We are so sorry you had issues with your experience! Can you please private message us your email, order info as well as a number we can reach you at and we will escalate this ASAP. Thank you!
rosinad
3/15/17

How do I reach a human rep to find out the status of my return? I called on multiple days since seeing tracked items arrived back to them on March 1 (giving it a few days since it said so in the email). STILL no refund on March 14!!! Calling but no answer. Only way I know my call has been picked up is that my phone's counter started ticking. I have called and waited MULTIPLE times today (from 10 - 25mins at a time) in silence hoping that someone would come on. SHADY! Should have read reviews before purchasing. Definitely NOT like the company I had ordered from in the past. Have they been hijacked?? I just filed a Paypal claim on them and the representative said I have all the proof I need. It's just a major inconvenience to have to work so hard to get my money back. NEVER buying from them again!!! STAY AWAY from them if you don't want to be conned!!!

ahmedm54
3/14/17

They doesn't give a $hiT about the customers. They are liars and crooked. Please do not buy from them. They get their defective products from different merchants and they have no idea what they are selling. I'd avoid this website like plague. I bought a pair of New Balance. It clearly says on the description page they were made in the US. But when i received them i found out they were made in Vietnam. Bull$#*! lies! I called them and asked if they could refund because they deceived me. Now they are telling the shoes are worn and we dont issue refund on worn items. WTF! you liars!

lt66
3/10/17

Awful site. I used them in 2014 and ordered three items, I received two and never the third item. Tried them again in 2017- this time, they said the parcel was delivered by UPS (my neighbours and I have NEVER had a problem with UPS delivery!!) and I did not receive parcel and when I complained, they said they won't credit my card OR re-send parcel. Awful and horrible customer service. I have contacted them atleast 20 times between email and chat. Save your money- do not use this site!!

karlb36
3/10/17

I was done with Bluefly but they were not done with me. After my last experience, I vowed to never shop there. I failed to close my account. A $400 hand bag shows up at my house last month, ordered on my account. Luckily with my CC company I was able to return. Bluefly was unable to explain how this happened. My account now closed.

georgec154
3/2/17

Never received my package, they never know anything when you inquire, they never respond to the "flyrep@bluefly.com" customer service email. After all the problems I just requested a refund. The hassle is not worth it.

On top of the hassle the customer service rep that I waited 10 minutes on hold to speak with was not willing to offer any resolution.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi George, We are so sorry you had issues with your order! Can you please private message us your email, order info as well as a number we can reach you at and we will escalate this ASAP. Thank you!
emilyd55
2/28/17

I placed an order before the New Year, which took forever to arrive in separate shipments. I knew right away that I wanted to return the first pair of shoes I received, but it didn't come with a return label. I logged in to the system to get one, and it said I couldn't return anything yet because the order wasn't 'complete.'

The rest of the things arrived right as I was heading out of town, so I left the other items to return after I got back. When I logged in that time, the Order History page was totally down, and said nothing about why or when it would be repaired.

I talked to a FlyRep who said to try again the next day, that it should be fixed. She wasn't concerned about the return window. That was around January 10 I think? I tried periodically that week and it was still down. At some point, I forgot about this ENDURING PROJECT, and when I tried again on Feb. 13 to print a return label I'd wanted in January, the site was STILL down.

At this point, I think I'm probably outside the return timeframe, but that wasn't even very clear? I then emailed to ask when it would be fixed or how I could otherwise return this merchandise.

It is now Feb. 28 and I have not heard a peep from Flyrep@bluefly.

But I do have 2 pairs of too-big shoes if anybody wants them. Ridiculous.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Emily, We are sorry you are having issues returning your items. Can you please private message us your order number, email address and a phone number we can reach you at and we will escalate internally. Thank you!
mikeo61
2/28/17

Don't order from BlueFly. Ordered Versace belt for son Christmas present for $100. First, the buckle broke the 6th time he wore it. I tried to repair and realized the buckle was made out of cheap cast metal. Started researching and realized its fake. How do I know. Versace uses stainless steel. This was low quality coated cast metal, AND Versace says EVERY Versace product has a verification code on it or the tag. Guess what, no code on the belt or tag. They will not take a return either since it was more than 21 days! WHAT! It was for present so ordered early, and didn't break until 6th wearing. DO NOT BUY BLUEFLY!

Updated 4/1/17. I replied to Bluefly request for order information. Apparently their idea of escalate internally is to simply ignore it. Sent them the info through this request on site jabber, NO reply or action from Bluefly. Also tried through the original return request/order. Even offered to take credit or discount for another item off Bluefly. Guess what Bluefly DENIED. Can I change it to 0 stars.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Mike, Can you please send us your order number, phone number as well as your email address? We're going to escalate this internally. We're so sorry you had issues!
cynthias81
2/27/17

I returned an item on 1/23 and it is now 2/27 and still have not received return confirmation. I sent email requesting status 2 weeks ago and never got a reply. Phone call hold is 45-60 minutes. THIS IS RiDICULOUS!!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Cynthia, Can you please send over your order number, email & a phone number we can reach you at? We're going to check into this issue for you ASAP. Thanks!
kristyg8
2/23/17

I ordered a pair of sunglasses this website last month, authorized the payment through Amazon, had order number from Bluefly, then never received any ship confirmation, emailed them to question it many times, but never got any responding.

Last week, I thought I gave this website another try , ordered a pair of boots, same thing happened again, after order finished, got order number, no email shipping confirmation, email to them again to ask, now it has been three days, no responding. Spam!!!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Kristy, we are so sorry you had issues receiving confirmation emails. We were experiencing technical issues with our email server. We have sense resolved the issues. Can you provide me your order number, email & phone number so we can escalate this issue internally? Thank you!
mattw71
2/17/17

All the stuff is great and low priced, but the shipping is a $#*!ing disaster. On most items, it says ships in one to two business days, but mine took at least 7 to be put in the mail. Its not even like these are fake products from china. I have no idea what is up with the shipping system at Bluefly, but if you can wait for your items, go for it.

robberyg
2/16/17

I ordered some birthday presents and received a confirmation with no expected shipping date. I emailed.......crickets....more time passes.....emailed again....crickets are now dead. I called "Thank you for calling Bluefly.....your wait time will be 45 minutes due to heavy call volume. All I can say is wow. Not going to hold because its a foregone conclusion that my order isn't coming based upon everything else I have seen. Great prices - cool stuff...but you can't have them.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi! We are so sorry you had issues contacting our customer service. Can you please provide us your email, order number as well as phone number so we can escalate this issue? Thanks!
jayl184
2/16/17

Ordered shoes, never received a confirmation. Paypal says they listed a pending order then retracted it. Bluefly never bothered to respond. Always check small company reviews before ordering, my bad for not doing so this time.

Tip for consumers: Do not shop with these turkeys unless you want a bad trip.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Jay, we are so sorry you had issues receiving confirmation emails. We were experiencing technical issues with our email server. We have sense resolved the issues. Can you provide me your order number, email & phone number so we can escalate this issue internally? Thank you!
chelseyc1
2/15/17

I ordered a dress on Sunday to take my daughter to the ballet in the following weekend because shipping times were listed at 5-7 business days so I figured even though I might be cutting it close I'd order it because it was exactly what she had asked for. So I waited through Monday and never got confirmation that it had shipped (95% of all orders I have ever placed online ship next business day) so I started getting nervous. They then sent and email extending the time it takes to ship from the initial 1-2 business days to 2-3 and on their customer service website warned that they may not be able to process a cancellation once and order is placed because of how "fast" they ship things out. Tuesday nothing. I call customer service at the end of the day panicked and it says to expect 45-60 minute hold times. Not having an hour to spare I decide to call in the morning. It opens at 9 I call 9:03 and am told to expect the same 45-60 minute wait. Twenty minutes later a woman comes on the line and I explain the situation to her and that if I don't get the dress by this weekend then I have no use for it because it was for a specific event and my daughter is leaving town for several months afterwards. She first tried to convince me that I had miscalculated because "it takes 1-2 business days to ship" this is Wednesday which is obviously the 3rd business day from Sunday and it hasn't been put in the mail but she insists "we don't count weekends"... right. So then she says it definitely won't be there by the weekend because it takes "4-8 business days once shipped)", so I ask that since the incompetence of the company has led to them failing to even process the order and put the package in the mail three days later if they could express ship it to compensate. She assures me they do not have express shipping available at the company. I say express shipping was an option at checkout. She says "oh we have expedited shipping but it is not available on all items" I counter with the obvious fact that it was available on this item and I would still like to get it if at all possible to get it in time. She refuses. I ask to cancel the order then and be given an immediate refund so I can use the money to purchase a replacement and she says that she "can check but can't guarantee that [she] will be able to cancel the order because they are probably packing it right now". What? Also it is "not possible" to issue an immediate refund even if she can cancel it. So disgusted. And will now probably have to spend twice the money finding something last minute to replace it...

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Chelsey, We are so sorry to hear about the issue you had while ordering a dress for your daughter. Can you please private message us your email, phone number as well as order ID so we can look into this internally?
rosannef2
2/14/17

I've been trying to order something for five days and something is wrong with their website.

I've emailed and waited online for an hour. No one has gotten back to me! I'm starting to wonder if this is even a legit website.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Rosanne, are you still experiencing this issue? Please let us know if you were able to place your order. Thank you.
williamo26
2/7/17

I bought a pair of shoes, described as leather. When they came, they were plasticky patent leather and too small. When I tried to return them, the site accepted the return in principle but requires a mailing label, which they did not provide. I called Customer Service and got a phone company recording saying that the number was no longer in service. (I tried multiple times and checked the number.) So I tried calling their international Customer Service number and got a recording saying that the mailbox was full.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi William, We are so sorry to hear you had issues with your order. We are going to escalate this internally. Can you please private message us your order ID, email & phone number? Thank you!
sheryllm
1/31/17

I placed an order for a pair of Valentino Rockstud shoes. They were $649. I paid via their Amazon checkout using my Amazon credit card. I received a confirmation that the order was placed, however, I never received a confirmation email. I waited until the next day, then called customer service. After being on hold for 14 minutes I had to hang up being I was at work. I called back when I came home and was on hold for 11 minutes before someone picked up. She was pleasant and looked into the order and said it was cancelled, but was having issues finding out why. After about 10 minutes she said she couldn't find out the reason. I asked if the shoes were available and they were sold out in my size. Okay, so I logged back on to the website to order a different pair. The same shoe, different color and higher price. Again, I received a confirmation that the order was placed, and patiently waited for the email. About 10 minutes later I received an order cancellation email. At this point I'm annoyed, but really want these shoes. I decided to try one more time. As I'm getting ready to put the shoes in my cart I notice the original pair in my size is available again only this time they are $150 MORE! This is such a scam. I don't know how they are in business with the lack of customer service and shady business practices. After reading al, of these reviews I should have just stayed away. Luckily I found the shoes for the same price on a more reputable website. Lesson learned.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Sheryll, We are so sorry to hear you had issues with your order. We are going to escalate this internally. Can you please private message us your order ID, email & phone number? Thank you!
jennifert125
1/31/17

FIrst off, I ordered an item and never received an order confirmation or shipping confirmation. Then I receive the item today (jeans), and it's about 4-5 jean sizes smaller than what I ordered and the quality is very "off". ALL of my other jeans are this particular brand, so I know this designer well, and this is a flat out fake I believe. The slip in the package says final sale however, and I cannot get a return email from anyone at Bluefly. Imagine that. What to do with a pair of jeans that would fit a 9 year old?

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Jennifer,

We're so sorry you had issues with the jeans you ordered. Can you please send us your order number, email & phone number so we can escalate this ASAP?

Thanks!
scottl103
1/25/17

i ordered something on the 22 second of january they have not even sent me a conformation email saying it was shipped off yet, i tweet to them trying to get there attention and they just ignore me. they told me my calvin cline body spray would be here in 2 days nothing yet not even a conformation email.

kathleenf25
1/22/17

Tried to return item in timely manner according to their rules. Asked several times for return label. No response!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Kathleen, We are so sorry to hear you had issues with your order. We are going to escalate this internally. Can you please private message us your order ID, email & phone number? Thank you!
nancye35
1/18/17

Merchandise returned but credit not provided. After repeated phone calls had no results, I challenged payment via PayPal. Received refund of about 20% with no explanation. They do not respond to email. Wish I'd never heard of them. Next step is to contact Better Business Bureau.

innag1
1/4/17

It was a Christmas sale and I've ordered a coat on 12/23/16. Order # 34447716727.
When I asked myself on 01/03/17 where is it, I went to the site to found out that the order is cancelled. Hm-m, then I noticed that the system has copied the shipping address as a Billing address which is not correct.
OK, but why did not they contact me instead of cancelling the order? Why did not they check the details in one of my previous orders with them (there were five!)?And where's the cancellation email at least? NOTHING. Just cancelled the order without even bothering to notify me.
I wrote to them just to get a come-off about the order being cancelled "by the warehouse due to an inventory error" on 12/21/2016. But how do you manage such a case without even notifying me? According to you the cancellation took place two weeks ago?
What a self-conceit is it - an international order does not even worth writing an email when you cancel it? They don't bother to check a missing detail but rather cancel the order without notification?
Wake up guys, the world is global, do your job.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Inna, We are so sorry you had issues with your account. I'm escalating this issue to our head of Customer service right now. We will be in touch!

Bluefly team
dianef50
12/31/16

Received my Bed Stu Tess Leather boots today only to find out once I stepped outside the leather was peeling. I own many leather boots, have never seen this. It's like paint peeling off the boots. Received in box an order sheet that specified No Returns Final Sale,not what I read on return policy which is 21 days. Not happy with this purchase

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Diane, So sorry for the delay! Can you please private message us your order information (order number, email, phone) so we can have our merchandising team as well as customer service look into this issue for you?

Thank you!
robinh100
12/16/16

I purchased a Balancinga Bag for my daughter. Thank God I used paypal. When the bag arrived it was not only a bootleg bag it was a bad imitation of a fake. Wow. REALLY? I made sure the return policy was not final sale but when bag arrived it too said final sale. Paypal will return my money but what a hassle

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Robin, We are so sorry you had issues with your order. We would like to investigate this issue immediately. We stand by the authenticity of our products and hold our vendors to a very high standard. Can you please send us your order information (order number, phone number and email) so we can escalate this internally ASAP.

Thanks!
289 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy again. Their customer service is the worst, and I needed to file a claim from both Amazon and American Express to get my issue resolved. It took two months to receive refund, and that was after many many calls, no response or call backs from bluefly. I would never purchase again, especially big ticket items.

By Argie A.

Hi Nancy, Thank you for reaching out to us and we can definitely look into this for you! Can you please private message us your best method of contact so a member can reach out and assist you? Hope to hear from you soon and thanks again. -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Bluefly is not an authorized retailer and I have personally received knockoff designers items from Bluefly in the past (and never been refunded due to dishonest business practices). Do not purchase high-end designer goods from this retailer as they do not guarantee authenticity.

By Bethany F.

Hi Cam, Bluefly does not sell fake goods and any products not sold as Pre Owned should arrive like new. We take authenticity seriously so if you feel that the item is fake, I encourage you to contact Customer Service with images so that we can investigate. If the bag is sold as new (not Pre Owned) and it arrives damaged, again, please contact Customer Service immediately with images. I hope this helps!

US$$

By Mike W.

Hi Anna, Thank you for taking the time to reach out! Please rest assured, we offer only the best brand names and highest quality goods. We proudly stand behind all of our products' authenticity. If you have any concerns or need shopping assistance, please feel free to private message us...we'd be more than happy to help! Thanks again.

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hi Jason, We are excited that you are are interested in ordering something from Bluefly! Our customers are incredibly important to us and we appreciate your feedback and concern. If you don't feel comfortable ordering online you can private message us your best method of contact so a Bluefly member can reach out to you directly. Thank you for reaching out to us and we hope to hear from you soon. Additionally we recommend that you check out our reviews on BizRate where we have over 1,500 reviews or Stella Service. Bizrate Page: http://ow.ly/N8PkJ -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hello Scott, Since 1998, Bluefly has been a fashion industry pioneer. We offer the finest designer handbags, shoes, fine jewelry and more at the absolute best value. We proudly stand behind every piece we sell and guarantee the authenticity 100% with our vendors. We understand that there have been growing pains and hiccups like several other retailers sometimes we do drop the ball. We do our best to compensate for these rare situations, but they do happen. We will be having several upgrades to our site soon, I look forward to more positive reviews in the future. We thank you for your interest. Yours Kindly, Bluefly Customer Service

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

They are absolutely not authentic. Do not purchase shoes from this retailer.

By Bethany F.

Hi Leslie, If the bag is used, the description will state this information. I hope this helps!

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Bluefly staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Bluefly